Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 40 of 56
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18940
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/29 19:59:09 (permalink)
NordicJedi

Nereus

Ah ok thanks re native vs 3rd party controlled SATA 6Gbps.
Two native is enough for my SSD o/s and games drives, the rest of my drives are 7200rpm mechanical drives, and I believe with mechanical drives there really isn't that much of a difference between SATA 3Gbps & 6Gbps... so I can disable the 3rd party controller :)   ..Marvell SATA3 controller slows boot time anyway :P (at least it does on my x58 770 mobo).

For what it's worth, the 770 uses a Marvell 88SE9128 chipset, while the Dark uses a Marvell 9230 chipset for SATA III.

Thanks :)  Will be interesting to see if the newer Marvell chipset is faster loading on boot. Certainly made a difference disabling the Marvell controller on my 770.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

manojks
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 456
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/29 21:14:09 (permalink)
Marvell loading still takes time, its an extra boot up screen. Those process dots move soooOOo slowly... with the marvell disabled on my x79 FTW my bootup is about 10 secs or less.

EVGA X79 DARK | Intel i7-3960X | EVGA TITAN SC | EVGA NEX 750W Gold | Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB |
Pioneer BDR-206M | Pioneer DVR-217J | Audioengine DAC-D1 & AE5+ | Crucial M500 480GB
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/29 21:44:12 (permalink)
I don't get how EVGA came up with the fee's to "step-up".

X79 FTW MSRP $399
X79 Classified MSRP $449 

X79 Dark MSRP $399 
If people paid the same price if not MORE, why on earth do they have to pay $150-200 more to "step-up".  Also why doesn't evga go the extra mile and offer cross-ship option. That option would be nice for customers who stuck it out and didn't send the product back for a full refund.

EVGA Normal "step-up" you pay the difference but this one you have to pay a Premium?

ViperBlackEdition
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 261
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 00:08:27 (permalink)
MSim

X79 FTW MSRP $399
X79 Classified MSRP $449 

X79 Dark MSRP $399 
If people paid the same price if not MORE, why on earth do they have to pay $150-200 more to "step-up".  Also why doesn't evga go the extra mile and offer cross-ship option. That option would be nice for customers who stuck it out and didn't send the product back for a full refund.

EVGA Normal "step-up" you pay the difference but this one you have to pay a Premium?

I'll agree with you on the cross shipping but EVGA is taking a hit doing the upgrade program as is. I'm sure much thought went into what EVGA finally came up with and while not being what some wanted, it is something.
Can you think about how things would be if EVGA did nothing?

iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 05:40:38 (permalink)
This step up is total BS!
I have had my X79 FTW since about October last year and it has never worked, RMA'd once
and got back a faulty board again.
Basically I have spent close to US $400 already on an expensive paperweight.
NOW they want me to spend another US $200 just to get another MB that again may not work.
US $600 for a MB .... you have got to be kidding!
Seriously EVGA .......... swap out my paperweight for the X79 Dark for no more than US $50 or you have lost a customer.

I don't know what else to say ... this is a joke! WHAT RIP OFF MERCHANTS!

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Ribbons : 85
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 06:57:39 (permalink)
If your board is faulty apply for an RMA again

iamSneaky

I have had my X79 FTW since about October last year and it has never worked, RMA'd once
NOW they want me to spend another US $200 just to get another MB that again may not work.
Seriously EVGA .......... swap out my paperweight for the X79 Dark for no more than US $50 or you have lost a customer.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

HooDoo
  • Total Posts : 47
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 07:11:18 (permalink)
Here's a new question. Will the waterblocks released for the X79 Classified boards fit the X79 Dark? I am still trying to figure out what to do with the set since tech support told me not to use them.

~My Rig~

Intel Core I7 4960X @ 3.30ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum  16GB 2133mhz
Evga X79 Dark (150-SE-E789-KR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC ULTRA 
EVGA CLC 280mm
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 1500 PSU
CaseLabs Magnum STH10 Case
Samsung 830 Series 128g SSD
Western Digital 1TB Velociraptor HDD
LG Dvd Burner
Windows 10 64bit
iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 07:21:53 (permalink)
rjohnson11

If your board is faulty apply for an RMA again

iamSneaky

I don't know how many times I have posted my experiences in this forum (at least twice) but here we go again.
I purchased my MB from newegg.com through my mail forwarder (I am in Australia) at a hefty
cost, + 10% and postage. By the time I got my MB, Built my PC and had it up and running for
for just under 2 weeks before it died, it was past the time I had to return it to newegg.com for
a refund. I then applied for RMA, sent it to Taiwan at a cost of $80.
When I got it back, I had it running for Just under a week before it died again.
I then contacted EVGA_JacobF to find out what my options were and at this point I was well aware of the
issues with these MB's. No way was I going to spend another $80 to RMA again considering
the high chance it would fail on me 'again' (knowing that others had gone through at least 3 RMA's with no success).
Jacob offered me two options;
1) Refund for cost of MB (retail price at the time, NOT including the postage or extras or
the postage I paid for the failed RMA).
2) Replace the MB with a brand new sealed X79 FTW which I could sell.
Neither of these options were fair to me, 1 - I would loose a crap load of money accepting the refund,
2 - There was no way in the world I would sell a faulty MB to some poor unsuspecting bugger (even if it was a new sealed MB),
I have ethics.
So I decided to keep the MB boxed up in my cupboard waiting for the DARK to be released and
see what the step up option was.
Which now I find is a total rip off at $200 considering I have never had a working MB and have paid way more than
the retail price considering all the postage and extras.
Do you still suggest I go for another RMA? I know it is definitely a crappy MB as I am now running a RIVF with all the same
components and the PC has be chugging along with no issues for about 2 months now, even with an OC of 4.7Ghz.

I am not having a go at you rj, but considering how active you are on these forums I am surprised you would
even consider suggesting anyone RMA a MB from a line that is as bugged as the SLI, FTW, CLASSIFIED.
You more than anyone should know that MOST of these MB's issues are unfixable.

I have emailed EVGA_ChrisB about my predicament, if the outcome is to my satisfaction, then
I will be the first to post my praises for doing the right thing. If no, then you can bet your bottom dollar
I will be letting others know how I got shafted.
Seriously, EVGA should swap out my FTW for the DARK at NO cost, I paid to get a WORKING MB
not an expensive paperweight.

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

yourgod
  • Total Posts : 79
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 07:54:23 (permalink)
I got lucky, I waited until I'd read the EVGA forums before buying an X79 Classified, so now I have an Asus P9X79 with every feature I really need for half the price, lacking just one feature I only want (extra SATA connectors) rather than need.

Now I look and see another board from EVGA, and in two seconds I am already seeing design flaws that will interfere with the build I am shopping for a motherboard for: in quad SLI many motherboard connectors are completely covered by the 4th GPU.

The main power connector is angled, the SATA connectors are angled, so why are these connectors not angled?

The only way I can deliver this build with this board is to wait for the 790 dual GPU boards to arrive and just live with the heat issues dual GPU boards have. That is unacceptable, especially with the user who will get this system.

Given the historical problems of the X79 Classified, coupled with this silly design decision on a board with quad-GPU capability built in, it looks like I will be searching again for a competitors offering.

Thermaltake Xaser VI case (echo...echo...), Asus P9X79, Intel 3930K, 32GB Kingston HyperX, Zalman CNPS12X cos Noctua are fugly, EVGA GTX 970 SC ATX 2.0 4GB, 14TB of HDDs (WD, Hitachi, Seagate), dedicated 160GB 7200rpm swap drive, Dell 27" u2713hmt @ 2560x1440.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 08:36:44 (permalink)
MSim

X79 FTW MSRP $399
X79 Classified MSRP $449 

X79 Dark MSRP $399 

It is based off the current retail price of the motherboard. You pay the difference on normal step-up but your product also isn't a year old at that point. EVGA didn't have to offer anything.
iamSneaky

It isn't a rip off, they offered you a full refund which normally doesn't happen. You elected not to take the refund and instead keep the motherboard. I have no idea when you bought it but my guess is you had no idea they were going to release a new x79 mobo. You basically indicated you were just going to take the $400 loss.  If EVGA provides you with a new board at not cost they will have to do the same for everyone else and that just wont happen. At most you may get free shipping which still isn't fair as there are others that have spent way more than you on RMA + mobo. 
iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 09:17:13 (permalink)

It isn't a rip off, they offered you a full refund which normally doesn't happen. You elected not to take the refund and instead keep the motherboard. I have no idea when you bought it but my guess is you had no idea they were going to release a new x79 mobo. You basically indicated you were just going to take the $400 loss.  If EVGA provides you with a new board at not cost they will have to do the same for everyone else and that just wont happen. At most you may get free shipping which still isn't fair as there are others that have spent way more than you on RMA + mobo.

Ahem ... rip off yes, it sure is. Purchasing a product isn't always just the price of said product.
Am I supposed to sit back, take the refund and just accept that the price I paid to get it is what I must suffer?
Are you kidding, Ok why don't you go and set a match to $200, watch it burn and tell me you were happy that you did it.
I bought it at the start of November 2012 when there was no mention of the X79 DARK.
So, you are saying that even if I did know it was going to be released, it is my fault for buying the X79 FTW? If so ... wow lmao.
You are dead right though, EVGA should be swapping out all customers MB that have spent a fortune in the RMA process.
EVGA has the data and know who those customers are. We paid initially for a motherboard that doesn't work,
now we have to pay more for one that does ... pfft what a joke. They should have done a recall in the beginning
but noooo, they continued to sell a product that they KNEW was flawed and let their customers suffer.
Oh it's OK, we are still making money from sales, we will just ignore all of the posts on the forums .... AND THEY DID!
For over a year!
I'd be out of business if I treated my customers that way.

Look at the Auto industry, when flaws are found in cars they do a recall, if the SLI, FTW, and Classified X79 MB's
were cars, I wonder how many people would be dead by now?

This whole EVGA X79 fiasco is a disgrace and their step up option to it's customers, who SHOULD have gotten a
WORKING MB in the beginning is just a slap in the face. Yeah you can finally have a working MB but
you have to pay twice as much as any other X79 MB on the market atm.
EVGA have effectively passed the cost of THEIR STUFF UP onto us ... how does that sit with all of you?

As I said, if I am not satisfied with the option I am given, then I will be making sure others know.
post edited by iamSneaky - 2013/06/30 09:20:01

SS07:
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3444
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 09:41:43 (permalink)
 Hmm, When I asked for a refund after my second RMA I was told no.
 So did I miss something about Evga offering a refund?
  Anyway I'm going exchange route, a little disappointed in the program but is OK for me. I guess Evga didn't have to do anything.  
KillerHz
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 116
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 09:45:16 (permalink)
iamSneaky

Ahem ... rip off yes, it sure is. Purchasing a product isn't always just the price of said product.
Am I supposed to sit back, take the refund and just accept that the price I paid to get it is what I must suffer?
Are you kidding, Ok why don't you go and set a match to $200, watch it burn and tell me you were happy that you did it.
I bought it at the start of November 2012 when there was no mention of the X79 DARK.
So, you are saying that even if I did know it was going to be released, it is my fault for buying the X79 FTW? If so ... wow lmao.
You are dead right though, EVGA should be swapping out all customers MB that have spent a fortune in the RMA process.
EVGA has the data and know who those customers are. We paid initially for a motherboard that doesn't work,
now we have to pay more for one that does ... pfft what a joke. They should have done a recall in the beginning
but noooo, they continued to sell a product that they KNEW was flawed and let their customers suffer.
Oh it's OK, we are still making money from sales, we will just ignore all of the posts on the forums .... AND THEY DID!
For over a year!
I'd be out of business if I treated my customers that way.

Look at the Auto industry, when flaws are found in cars they do a recall, if the SLI, FTW, and Classified X79 MB's
were cars, I wonder how many people would be dead by now?

This whole EVGA X79 fiasco is a disgrace and their step up option to it's customers, who SHOULD have gotten a
WORKING MB in the beginning is just a slap in the face. Yeah you can finally have a working MB but
you have to pay twice as much as any other X79 MB on the market atm.
EVGA have effectively passed the cost of THEIR STUFF UP onto us ... how does that sit with all of you?

As I said, if I am not satisfied with the option I am given, then I will be making sure others know.

in the auto industry they do a recall but you don't get a new car as replacement. They fix the problems and send you back in your car. SAME goes for RMA, you send to them, they fix or try and get it back.
With tech nothing is guaranteed we just hope for the best. along the way, should we have to RMA or upgrade, there is no other company that i would rather do business with than EVGA. 
I think what they are doing for users with the upgrade is ****ing awesome. i wish other companies did things like this. did M$ offer users the new xbox slim black to those of us that RRoD? hell no, they fixed what was wrong and basically forced those of us who were not affected right away and  wanted to use their console to buy another one.

if I was EVGA... would be glad you are not going to be a customer anymore.

anyways... just get sick of reading posts like this when they are getting good deals and they always want more becuse they are more important than anyone else.

iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 10:13:48 (permalink)
killer_hz
anyways... just get sick of reading posts like this when they are getting good deals and they always want more becuse they are more important than anyone else.

Yeah I got a great deal ... over $400 for nothing.

How about you give me $400 and I will give you my dead MB?
According to you, you'd be happy with that.

So you think paying $600 for an EVGA DARK is a good deal? ... cool story bro

SS07:
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 10:14:43 (permalink)
This entire thread needs to be nuked from the forums. Once the Dark has been deployed and field tested then this thread should be recreated.

sick of hearing all the neg talk about the dark program. EVGA did a stand up job with their Dark program and existing X79 user.

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

KillerHz
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 10:43:23 (permalink)
iamSneaky

killer_hz

Yeah I got a great deal ... over $400 for nothing.

How about you give me $400 and I will give you my dead MB?
According to you, you'd be happy with that.

So you think paying $600 for an EVGA DARK is a good deal? ... cool story bro

the only problem i see here is you and your stubbornness. They offered you a full refund and you said..................NO!?!?!?!
you should have just RMA'ed it again. you'll never know if they could have sorted your board or not.

again, they offered you a full refund... you said NO. pmsl you are a total knob to be honest. if i bought this board and then seen all the issues going around + being in your situation where RMA seems to be costly i just don't get what you are trying to prove other than you are a total knob. 

they offered you a full refund for the MB you said no. I myself am intelligible enough to know a good thing as.

anyways, im done going back and fourth with y ou as you have proved that you just want to **** and complain and try to get a free board cuz you are better than the rest in your situation.

if you want, i can some other forums that will offer you pity and a shoulder to cry on and can also find a new vendor for your PC

iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:03:05 (permalink)
Clearly a fanboy who has no experience with any of the EVGA X79 MB's.
You also have no care for the forums TOS.

Maybe you would be better off being active in a forum section that actually has some
relevance to you instead of slagging off at people who have genuine issues.

EVGA doesn't need you to defend them, they can come up with the answers and
or solutions themselves.

cheers.

SS07:
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:09:24 (permalink)
iamSneaky

Maybe you would be better off being active in a forum section that actually has some

or solutions themselves.

cheers.

You were offered a full refund and din't take it, you can't complain and expect them to give you a free mobo when you had the change to get a full refund.  I hate EVGA for the fact that I bought the z77 on release and paid nearly $370 for it. They offered to refund me -15% for restocking fees. I sold the board for $120. Trust me you aren't the only one that has been screwed by EVGA motherboards. But you know what, we move on and accept our decision. If you don't want to spend another $200 don't. Go buy an Asus motherboard 
Rei86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3675
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:14:01 (permalink)
killer_hz
in the auto industry they do a recall but you don't get a new car as replacement. They fix the problems and send you back in your car. SAME goes for RMA, you send to them, they fix or try and get it back.

And if they can't fix it they replace it with another of the same model, and if the same model has the same issues they give you a refund or you can act on lemon law and sue them.

The difference is most Auto Manufactures will give you a working product after a recall, not something that's still broken.  They also don't make you pay for anything when you bring it in for service for that said recall.

Also they pull the model and stop further sales of said model till they fix the problem if its a wide spread issue.  I see that EVGA still has all X79 boards for sale with said issues, and Z77 products. 

RIG 1 - i7-4790K / Asus Z97 Gryphon / AMD Sapphire RX Vega 64 / 8GB*8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz CL10 / SeaSonic Prime Ultra 1000w Plat
RIG 2 - Pentium G3258 / ASRock Z97 Extreme9 / AMD XFX RX580 GTS XXX x4 / 8GB*8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz CL10 / Corsair AX1200i

KillerHz
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:50:24 (permalink)
Rei86

killer_hz

And if they can't fix it they replace it with another of the same model, and if the same model has the same issues they give you a refund or you can act on lemon law and sue them.

The difference is most Auto Manufactures will give you a working product after a recall, not something that's still broken.  They also don't make you pay for anything when you bring it in for service for that said recall.

Also they pull the model and stop further sales of said model till they fix the problem if its a wide spread issue.  I see that EVGA still has all X79 boards for sale with said issues, and Z77 products. 

that's only in the first 30 days of buying a car. we are talking about recalls. and trust me i own a VW and they do not give you the same model if they can't fix it. they have you keep coming in and trying to fix. which means time off work and what not.

and they do not what so ever pull the car and stop selling. do not be naive.

so like i referenced, like the car industry he should RMA it till it's satisfactory. he didn't he chose not to do nothing but complain about all the $$$ he has spent.

they offered him a full refund - he said no
they offered him to RMA again - he said no
they offered to send him brand new board - he said no.

this is on him.

does EVGA have a lot to make up for - yes
did EVGA lose a lot of customers - yes
am i a fan boy - yes

the fact of the matter is, they are offering a great deal on a new board to users that bought something they were not satisfied with. at the end of the day that says something.
try to find what other vendors offer options like this there aint many.

KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:51:51 (permalink)
Well as long as it works you will never hear me complain. They took long enough to make sure all the bugs are out so I think I my high expectations will be met. They are allowing me to transfer my warranty so thats good. Not happy about no advanced RMA, but I'll live. I'll never have 4 video cards running so how the lanes are divided will not effect me.  I can see 2 cards tops for me but I get why others expect a bit more they have 3-4 cards and they want them to perform to their max. 
I am sure, even though I got in the queue rather early, quite a few beat me too it. I would think it will be another 3-4 weeks to show how it fully shakes out. When the people lots smarter than me have all the settings down I'll be good to go... 
I look at it rather simply, they could have done nothing and really hurt themselves BUT I feel EVGA would have survived fine in the end. The extra $200 +/-s hurts for me and everybody else, but I'll pay it and things should work white as rain, RIGHT? I mean they REALLY did not have to do anything, but are at least doing something. Nothing in life goes as we want or do we get 100% of what we want. I'll pay it and  save for my SandyBridge-E coming out in September...

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:53:41 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

iamSneaky

or solutions themselves.

cheers.

You were offered a full refund and din't take it, you can't complain and expect them to give you a free mobo when you had the change to get a full refund.  I hate EVGA for the fact that I bought the z77 on release and paid nearly $370 for it. They offered to refund me -15% for restocking fees. I sold the board for $120. Trust me you aren't the only one that has been screwed by EVGA motherboards. But you know what, we move on and accept our decision. If you don't want to spend another $200 don't. Go buy an Asus motherboard 

You misread what I wrote, I never turned down anything, I simply said that I wasn't happy with the options
that I was offered so decided to hold out until the DARK was released to see what the step up plan offered.
I never expected anything for free, I just want a working motherboard, that is what I paid for and I
still do not have one. The chance of them sending me a WORKING X79 FTW is pretty slim as we all know
and I have already paid $80 for it to be fixed and it was returned faulty.
Am I not entitled to what I paid for? I would have thought logic would prevail and if they cannot guarantee
sending me a working X79 FTW (which they cannot) then they should send me a MB which DOES work.

I already have bought an ASUS MB, I am now running a RIVF, money I wouldn't have had to spend
if I got a working MB in the beginning.
I am not asking for any more than what I paid for and so far I have paid more than the retail price of the DARK
for something that has never worked.

SS07:
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Ribbons : 85
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:56:04 (permalink)
Please watch the attitudes in this thread.

If anyone is not satisfied with an EVGA product contact EVGA customer/technical support.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 11:59:18 (permalink)
Rei86

killer_hz

Thing is, motherboards don't slam into power poles at 100mph due to a fault, instantly killing those traveling in it. Cars can. Can't compare the two, sorry.

Actually I suppose a motherboard could slam into a power pole at 100mph if the owner was angry enough at it, but that would be intentional, and caused by the person throwing it.. also it would be unlikely to kill anyone.. unless someone happened to walk past at just the right moment (or wrong moment in this case) and catch the motherboard in the face. I think that could probably do some damage. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

KillerHz
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 12:18:44 (permalink)
Nereus

Rei86

killer_hz

Thing is, motherboards don't slam into power poles at 100mph due to a fault, instantly killing those traveling in it. Cars can. Can't compare the two, sorry.

Actually I suppose a motherboard could slam into a power pole at 100mph if the owner was angry enough at it, but that would be intentional, and caused by the person throwing it.. also it would be unlikely to kill anyone.. unless someone happened to walk past at just the right moment (or wrong moment in this case) and catch the motherboard in the face. I think that could probably do some damage. 

comparing the process not the actual problem with said. anyways. ..

sorry rob for my lack of respect.. just one of them days.

jamesln5392
  • Total Posts : 69
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 12:22:13 (permalink)
I have one question. The board has 6 sata III ports and 4 sata II ports, why not just give you 10 sata III ports?

Rig Specs

Case: Coolermaster Elite 340
Power Supply: Silverstone OP750
Mobo: X58 Sli micro
Cpu: i7 960 Stock
Heatsink: Coolermaster V8
Ram: Crucial 4 gig Ballistix pc3-12800 kit
Video Card: GTX 580
Video Driver: 301.42
Monitor: Dell WFP228
Drives: WD Black 1 terabyte sata "Main", WD Black 1 terabyte sata "Storage", Optiarc Dvd-rw AD7240s
Rei86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3675
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 12:23:40 (permalink)
killer_hz

Rei86

killer_hz

that's only in the first 30 days of buying a car. we are talking about recalls. and trust me i own a VW and they do not give you the same model if they can't fix it. they have you keep coming in and trying to fix. which means time off work and what not.

so like i referenced, like the car industry he should RMA it till it's satisfactory. he didn't he chose not to do nothing but complain about all the $$$ he has spent.

this is on him.

am i a fan boy - yes

the fact of the matter is, they are offering a great deal on a new board to users that bought something they were not satisfied with. at the end of the day that says something.

Its not on the 1st 30 days as you can enact upon the lemon law anytime the car is in warranty.  And it changes from state to state in the USA.
And again when you have a recall on a car they don't charge you for the service, you do however for RMA's as you'll end up paying shipping fees that will end up costing more than the board itself with no fix at hand. 

With as many complaints as EVGA has gotten with the X79 series they should have pulled the product from sales, but they still have it up for sale suckering in the unlucky.  Hell if you remember on newegg they had to purge all the reviews on the product since it was dinged with so many negative reviews and finally pulled the product for sale.

Nereus

Rei86

killer_hz

Yes you can, both are faulty products.  And in the case of Toyota it was stupid drivers and carpets being pushed behind the peddles. 

Same for Ford explorer error: high center of gravity vehicle + under/over inflated tires that where going bald + stupid driver = fatal incident.

In either case they pull the said vehicle from sales.  Toyota did it, Ford did it, Range Rover did it, Honda did it, GM does it, etc etc. 

RIG 1 - i7-4790K / Asus Z97 Gryphon / AMD Sapphire RX Vega 64 / 8GB*8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz CL10 / SeaSonic Prime Ultra 1000w Plat
RIG 2 - Pentium G3258 / ASRock Z97 Extreme9 / AMD XFX RX580 GTS XXX x4 / 8GB*8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz CL10 / Corsair AX1200i

iamSneaky
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 12:53:38 (permalink)
@ Rei86

Thank you, finally someone who get's my point

SS07:
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 13:50:34 (permalink)
Rei86

killer_hz

Rei86

killer_hz

this is on him.

am i a fan boy - yes

Its not on the 1st 30 days as you can enact upon the lemon law anytime the car is in warranty.  And it changes from state to state in the USA.
And again when you have a recall on a car they don't charge you for the service, you do however for RMA's as you'll end up paying shipping fees that will end up costing more than the board itself with no fix at hand. 

With as many complaints as EVGA has gotten with the X79 series they should have pulled the product from sales, but they still have it up for sale suckering in the unlucky.  Hell if you remember on newegg they had to purge all the reviews on the product since it was dinged with so many negative reviews and finally pulled the product for sale.

Nereus

Rei86

killer_hz

Yes you can, both are faulty products.  And in the case of Toyota it was stupid drivers and carpets being pushed behind the peddles. 

Same for Ford explorer error: high center of gravity vehicle + under/over inflated tires that where going bald + stupid driver = fatal incident.

In either case they pull the said vehicle from sales.  Toyota did it, Ford did it, Range Rover did it, Honda did it, GM does it, etc etc. 

Wow.. I guess that went over your heads.

Yes, cars are recalled because they can kill people if not rectified.

Motherboards do not kill, therefore the same urgency in rectifying the error does not apply, so comparing the two is like comparing chalk with cheese.. it just does not work.

Make sense now?

It's known as "The Cargument", and is also often applied to gun ownership, as well as other situations.

Also, there was some humor in my post.. I guess that was also missed.

LOL.. shoulda just kept my mouth shut.

post edited by Nereus - 2013/06/30 13:56:04

Aggressor Prime
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 457
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 13:59:55 (permalink)
jamesln5392

I have one question. The board has 6 sata III ports and 4 sata II ports, why not just give you 10 sata III ports?

You can't just put 10 SATA III ports on a motherboard. You need a controller powering them. X79 only offers 2 SATA III ports. So 3rd party controllers are needed to give you more SATA. Unfortunately, 3rd party controllers will always be slower than what Intel gives you, unless if you put a LSI SAS RAID chip on board, which ASRock has done; but this greatly increases the price. In addition, to power 8 6Gbps ports, you would want at least 8 lanes of PCIe 2.0. Otherwise, the RAID chip would be bottlenecked. X79 only has 8 lanes of PCIe 2.0, some of which are needed to give you GbE and USB 3.0. You could always use the CPU's PCIe, but then you can't use that PCIe for GPUs. You only have 40 lanes available, and GPUs need at least 8 lanes to enable SLI. You could use PCIe switch chips from PLX, but that increases latency and thus lowers performance. In the end, you have to prioritize your resources. Processing trumps storage (for gamers) unless if you are building a motherboard designed for storage.

Clevo P150EM / Sager NP9150
Intel Core i7-3840QM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M (6GB)

Prepare for Descent:
http://playoverload.com/
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 40 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile