EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 32 of 56
Author
Huntcraft
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 21:31:16 (permalink)
Its really a shame so many people are frustrated. I feel like Viper is  the last knight fighting a horde of angry mob trying to break down the doors to the castle to his doom. A gallant effort my friend. I did like to breathing EVGA logo....
lordshinro
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1600
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 06:01:33 (permalink)
Viper is more like the zealot who is defending his "King" at all costs. Noble sure, but still crazy.  You are asking that we current owners of EVGA's failed product eat the cost of their mistake.

What Viper should consider is the fact that like him many of us left with a great history believed in EVGA. When we ran into issues with the board we trusted that a chain of  RMAs would fix the issue (which thankfully I avoided through reading the stories of the less fortunate), when the RMA did not fix the issue we were told it was a firmware fix that needed to be applied and would come shortly (that is over a year ago). It was then revealed that there is NO firmware fix because this is all hardware design failure.

So whether your see it or not Viper we used to be like you (live and breath EVGA) but EVGA didn't just let us down..they stepped all over us afterwards.

I'd love to see EVGA redeem themselves in my eyes for more than just a Free(or discounted) board. I'd like to see the company I once trusted as the most reliable to be the most reliable again. As of now it's sad that ASUS a company known for terrible customer service is beating EVGA in reputation.

Why am I still here after all this? I don't know ..years of  attachment and loyalty bring me back to check up on EVGA's community and deep down I'm hoping EVGA will be able to make things right.

I don't know what the future holds for you EVGA, but the last thing you want to do is leave your customers in silence because "this" happens. IF you communicated more openly with us I assure you people would be more understanding..time is still of the essence though and 1+ years for a fix is a long time.

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 07:33:52 (permalink)
lordshinro

Viper is more like the zealot who is defending his "King" at all costs. Noble sure, but still crazy.  You are asking that we current owners of EVGA's failed product eat the cost of their mistake.

What Viper should consider is the fact that like him many of us left with a great history believed in EVGA. When we ran into issues with the board we trusted that a chain of  RMAs would fix the issue (which thankfully I avoided through reading the stories of the less fortunate), when the RMA did not fix the issue we were told it was a firmware fix that needed to be applied and would come shortly (that is over a year ago). It was then revealed that there is NO firmware fix because this is all hardware design failure.

So whether your see it or not Viper we used to be like you (live and breath EVGA) but EVGA didn't just let us down..they stepped all over us afterwards.

I'd love to see EVGA redeem themselves in my eyes for more than just a Free(or discounted) board. I'd like to see the company I once trusted as the most reliable to be the most reliable again. As of now it's sad that ASUS a company known for terrible customer service is beating EVGA in reputation.

Why am I still here after all this? I don't know ..years of  attachment and loyalty bring me back to check up on EVGA's community and deep down I'm hoping EVGA will be able to make things right.

I don't know what the future holds for you EVGA, but the last thing you want to do is leave your customers in silence because "this" happens. IF you communicated more openly with us I assure you people would be more understanding..time is still of the essence though and 1+ years for a fix is a long time.

Nicely said! I can't think of putting it any better than this.

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

Rei86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3675
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 07:36:06 (permalink)
lordshinro

umm you guys should read his other post about his Z77 FTW adventure and how pissed he was that the MOBO didn't work and EVGA did nothing to fix it.

RIG 1 - i7-4790K / Asus Z97 Gryphon / AMD Sapphire RX Vega 64 / 8GB*8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz CL10 / SeaSonic Prime Ultra 1000w Plat
RIG 2 - Pentium G3258 / ASRock Z97 Extreme9 / AMD XFX RX580 GTS XXX x4 / 8GB*8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz CL10 / Corsair AX1200i

Huntcraft
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 07:45:10 (permalink)
I find it very odd that nobody from evga will even post a response to anyone on here to address the complaints or concerns, just quick little posts regarding size or whatever
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 10:17:54 (permalink)
If anyone has an issue with an EVGA product that they feel has not been addressed to their satisfaction then please contact EVGA technical support

Huntcraft

I find it very odd that nobody from evga will even post a response to anyone on here to address the complaints or concerns, just quick little posts regarding size or whatever

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 10:25:48 (permalink)
rjohnson11

If anyone has an issue with an EVGA product that they feel has not been addressed to their satisfaction then please contact EVGA technical support

Huntcraft

EVGA's typical GENERIC response to the X79 failure.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 11:41:43 (permalink)
lordshinro

Trust me I know what x79 users went through. I did the same with the z77 and it would have had been nice if EVGA offered something for z77 to z87 but I've heard nothing about it and it is too late at this point. I've already given up on EVGA mobo and went asus. I understand that everyone is frustrated and believes EVGA should go above and beyond but you have to look at it from both point of views. They are either going to lose thousands of dollars fixing their issue and possibly making thousands more off repeat business with x79 and any future products or they will not lose all the money now but lose it in the long run. It is a hard choice to make and I think EVGA will just try to compromise on it.

Either way this will be a board that I wait before buying. If I don't see any horror stores like I see now after a few month I will probably pick one up. EVGA needs to pull all existing x79 board though. 
lordshinro
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1600
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 11:57:41 (permalink)
Apparently I did miss Vipers post on the X77 (I apologize for that). However the rest of my post stands. Evga either gets together a plan of action and fills us in or they will continue to drag their own name through the mud. Let us know exactly what you're going to do for current owners and more importantly STOP selling the original x79 series , why would you sell something that is broken!

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 12:04:48 (permalink)
lordshinro

Apparently I did miss Vipers post on the X77 (I apologize for that). However the rest of my post stands. Evga either gets together a plan of action and fills us in or they will continue to drag their own name through the mud. Let us know exactly what you're going to do for current owners and more importantly STOP selling the original x79 series , why would you sell something that is broken!

My guess is EVGA doesn't even know what they are going to do yet. Someone probably just told Jacob to tell everyone that they would have some kind of program for x79 owners. 
Dan Graves
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 13:05:13 (permalink)
The way i see it, EVGA needs to tread VERY carefully as to how they proceed with those who've had the extreme issues this board line suffers from.
If they would follow the line CaxViper suggests (regular stepup), i suspect many long time members will turn to other brands, never to return.
Because, let's face it, some of the issues displayed on these forums, including experienced members having several RMA's with no solutions in sight, are just downright bad.

Refunds and/or other solutions should have been offered long ago, and the fact EVGA has been this negligent towards some of the most loyal members on these boards just makes me wonder what happened to the lovely company that ALWAYS had your back if you had issues, and that used to have great BIOS updates, fantastic warranties, and (arguably) some of the best customer service in the business...
I mean, people have been downright stuck with bad boards, BIOS updates have been very mediocre, warranties have gone down to the industry standard, so only the customer service remains...
And from some of the replies i've seen here, even that isn't always what it should be.

Personally, i've got very few issues with my X79, which were fixed with a new BIOS chip, and when my 780i died i was treated great, on top of getting a better GPU back when i RMA'd my downright broken 9600 GT KO...
But reading about all these issues, and the way it was handled,  has made me hesitant about suggesting EVGA to friends.
And unless the Dark does great, and the issues for existing owners get resolved in an acceptable way, i'll remain hesitant.

Gametag : BitsOfSkin (use that one everywhere).
Case : Modified HAF 932
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 || CPU : i7 3820 @ 4.2Ghz
RAM : Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/12G
PSU : Corsair TX750 || GPU : EVGA GTX 660 3GB SC Signature 2
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 13:19:47 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Why bother? They don't have any fixes for the hardware design flaws on these boards. I have plenty of problems with my X79 Classified, but I never bothered RMAing because I can't afford the downtime, and why should I give up a board that I know has problems just to get another board with equal or worse problems? I can call and complain sure, but there's not anything they can do at this point.

Obviously none of us are happy with the boards, but what is tech support going to do? Recommend an RMA. No thanks, I'll keep the board where I know what the issues are until a board comes out that actually functions.

I will say this though, this is my last EVGA board if they don't handle this debacle well.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 13:28:50 (permalink)
The last two new Motherboards I have bought in the last year have been Asus, you can find them in the ModsRigs section. EVGA drove me away from their Mobo's with the P67 launch and the X79 fiasco. I guess the Z77 Mobo's are okay? Still wouldn't buy one though even if it cost a $1. I no longer recommend them at all. All I suggest now is EVGA GPU's, because as far as I can tell, that is all that they are capable of anymore, until they prove all of us otherwise. A fancy BIOS doesn't mean anything if the board doesn't work. I'm taking a HUGE leap of faith with the release of the Dark.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
linuxrouter
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8043
  • Ribbons : 104
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 14:07:02 (permalink)
Huntcraft

Agreed. The lack of response is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of this situation. The board issues have been ongoing for a long time now. My $400 FTW board has been boxed up for months as I replaced the board with an ASUS RIVF. I did not do the RMAs because other users have done this and ended up with the same issues via replacement boards. RMA would have only resulted in the loss of time and money with no positive results.

I am currently looking into building one or more Z87 systems but I simply do not have enough confidence in EVGA products at this time to be willing to take another risk with their new boards. If EVGA makes their X79 board issues right by its users, I might consider buying their products again. 
KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 410
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 15:50:18 (permalink)
I am forced to agree about the lack of posted response. I have had 3 RMAS, others have had more and problems still exist. I await the EVGA plan for the upgrade path to the DARK as my FTW has been a lot of grief that functions 90% but in this day and age 90% does not cut it  given the grief I still have.   
  People like Jonny Utah and Linuxrouter and 1-2 others have helped me GREATLY get my board working to the point where I am merely annoyed vs totally upset... I know its silly but I want to believe and I want to have continued faith...
post edited by KimbaWLion - 2013/06/13 15:53:25

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3444
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/13 17:25:02 (permalink)
 Yeah, I quit trying to "fix" X79 FTW. It is boxed and has been for months. I also have the water blocks for it that have not been used.
I forget if 2 or 3 RMA'S. Evga would not refund me. 
 So I too await there plan.
maskedmenace
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 377
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/14 06:07:54 (permalink)
KimbaWLion

I am forced to agree about the lack of posted response. I have had 3 RMAS, others have had more and problems still exist. I await the EVGA plan for the upgrade path to the DARK as my FTW has been a lot of grief that functions 90% but in this day and age 90% does not cut it  given the grief I still have.   
People like Jonny Utah and Linuxrouter and 1-2 others have helped me GREATLY get my board working to the point where I am merely annoyed vs totally upset... I know its silly but I want to believe and I want to have continued faith...

I've moved on quite frankly. So have many others.

What gets me the MOST is the admittance of the problem, then the denial of ANY sort of effort to make us whole.

If I make you a PC and it fails, once, okay, it happens; twice...Ehhhh that's odd; thrice, Houston, we have a problem...a fourth time? You don't even have to ask me for a refund, it's in your pocket already. -- That's how GOOD businesses are run and how EVGA USED to be run.

The instant EVGA acknowledged the hardware issues on the motherboard, they should have called their customers and said: What's your pleasure? Refund or rebate?

Instead, there's so much horrific PR, they lower prices...Every vendor halved the price of the motherboard so MORE people purchased it and experienced marginally better service because EVGA was prepared for wave 2...That's unfair to us, the loyal customers that have been //here// since day 1, minute 1 of this release.

They've DENIED many members here, the right to get refunds, particularly AFTER they acknowledged it "just" wasn't a bios problem, there was actually a hardware issue. -- That's just bad business.

I've had EVGA accept my RMA's for cards customers have blown up...Not, once, but 2-3x...Before this entire debacle, they had my business 100% no questions asked -- NOW? I keep the boxes in front of my closet as a reminder to myself, of what terrible CS is. 

Asus, in the interim, has actually done a COMPLETE 180 in terms of their RMA department...From hit/miss, to 100% on target...I mean like, full blown, full RPM, burnout 180...And they're getting so much better that I'm not even missing EVGA.

Return of the Sith
Case-Labs STH10 Custom, Asus RIVE, Intel 3930k Oc'd 5.0ghz, Corsair Dominator 4x4 2133C9, 3x 780 Lightnings Tri-SLI, 2x Corsair AX1200i, 2x Intel Cherryville 240gb SSD's, 2x Caviar Black 1tb, 100% water ~ Heatkiller cooled.
KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 410
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/14 06:44:07 (permalink)
I would like to move on and maybe I will next time, if ASUS has fixed their customer service. I may be a fool but I have some weird sense of loyalty. IF I had the money to go out and get another MB and spend ANOTHER $300-$400 OR more I would. I want to save my $$$ for the upcoming IvyBridge-E and survive until the DARK is out and HOPEFULLY pay minimal money for the upgrade... 
My computer is giving me MORE USB power surge errors and is just randomly rebooting at will... Yes I am not happy, but I do NOT have a whole lot of other choices now either, I am not going for a 4th RMA, build a 5th time, and then have the DARK come out tear out my current MB and then rebuild again... It DOES get old and this is suppose to be fun and a hobby for me... Others here have had it much worse costing them a TON of money...

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

lowe0
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 277
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/14 08:05:13 (permalink)
Halo_003

rjohnson11

Why bother? They don't have any fixes for the hardware design flaws on these boards. I have plenty of problems with my X79 Classified, but I never bothered RMAing because I can't afford the downtime, and why should I give up a board that I know has problems just to get another board with equal or worse problems? I can call and complain sure, but there's not anything they can do at this point.

Obviously none of us are happy with the boards, but what is tech support going to do? Recommend an RMA. No thanks, I'll keep the board where I know what the issues are until a board comes out that actually functions.

I will say this though, this is my last EVGA board if they don't handle this debacle well.

Likewise, while it's possible to fix the BIOS issues I'm concerned about, they haven't announced any plans to do so.  What good would emailing tech support do? 
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/14 08:05:46 (permalink)
maskedmenace
What gets me the MOST is the admittance of the problem, then the denial of ANY sort of effort to make us whole.

If I make you a PC and it fails, once, okay, it happens; twice...Ehhhh that's odd; thrice, Houston, we have a problem...a fourth time? You don't even have to ask me for a refund, it's in your pocket already. -- That's how GOOD businesses are run and how EVGA USED to be run.

The instant EVGA acknowledged the hardware issues on the motherboard, they should have called their customers and said: What's your pleasure? Refund or rebate?

Instead, there's so much horrific PR, they lower prices...Every vendor halved the price of the motherboard so MORE people purchased it and experienced marginally better service because EVGA was prepared for wave 2...That's unfair to us, the loyal customers that have been //here// since day 1, minute 1 of this release.

YEP!!!!

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/14 22:22:57 (permalink)
Well they "lost" me.....had a 780i that was bullet proof for a few yrs...then an X58 759 LE that was also and still is bullet proof!!!

But, hey, I really wanted to get on the X79 Train.....waited and kept coming back to the Forums here only to my dissapointment se all the reported problems with my Board...the one I wanted...X79 Classified.....BUT wait....do I really want that? Headaches.....problems....$70 RMA's Shipping from Vancouver Isle to Brea, Cal.....so I wainted until perhaps a new BIOS release would solve the issues.......and waited.......then started seeing former Evga X58 Classy Forum Members raving about there RIVE......but I waited.....and waited some more...finally...thats it, about 15 months after the release of X79 I got my RIVE and it has been an awesome Board thus far.....sure, there are some things I would like to see diffferent and it wasnt perfect.....the first Board had 1 dead Memory Slot.....return went flawless, 2nd Board bullet proof so far....as I said before....Evga's Dark is a tad late in the game now, although those that have waited this long I really do hope it works out......

Good luck!!

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 01:20:33 (permalink)

So it's maybe July now? tee hee.. ah well, my RIVF is running without issue. Never thought I'd buy an ASUS. It's a funny old world. Reminds me, I better change my sig. [edit: done]

post edited by Nereus - 2013/06/15 01:38:41

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

gokuboo
  • Total Posts : 42
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 04:33:51 (permalink)
I hate to be the guy with the tin foil hat, but I'm beginning to think their is no X79 Dark. Not from a production standpoint. I think they have 1 functioning X79 Dark and maybe some prototypes laying around.

As far as I know, their are no real reviews on this motherboard. Only tidbits of official information has come out on these forums, some which was inaccurate (X79 Dark is the same size as the X79 Classified). If such a great product is about to come out, where is the marketing? Kingpin...that's it and a few tidbits of what people saw at a showcase event. As of now EVGA has less then a month until reported, estimated release and yet mum is pretty much the word when it comes to advertising the X79 Dark. Even the details on the step up program haven't been clarified. Is their anything pointing to the X79 Dark actually being released anytime soon, if at all? I don't see any evidence of this. What I do see are stall tactics.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 04:48:10 (permalink)
I can't speak for EVGA officially but they showed off the board at Computex so this is a very serious hardware product. Right now the current estimate of availability is early July.

gokuboo

I hate to be the guy with the tin foil hat, but I'm beginning to think their is no X79 Dark. Not from a production standpoint. I think they have 1 functioning X79 Dark and maybe some prototypes laying around.

As far as I know, their are no real reviews on this motherboard. Only tidbits of official information has come out on these forums, some which was inaccurate (X79 Dark is the same size as the X79 Classified). If such a great product is about to come out, where is the marketing? Kingpin...that's it and a few tidbits of what people saw at a showcase event. As of now EVGA has less then a month until reported, estimated release and yet mum is pretty much the word when it comes to advertising the X79 Dark. Even the details on the step up program haven't been clarified. Is their anything pointing to the X79 Dark actually being released anytime soon, if at all? I don't see any evidence of this. What I do see are stall tactics.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 06:59:58 (permalink)
Wasn't it supposed to release this month? If it is not out July 1st then I'm just going to wait for the next platform, probably keep going with Asus or maybe try Asrock. Getting sick and tired of evga's motherboard department.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 07:28:11 (permalink)
loveha

Wasn't it supposed to release this month? If it is not out July 1st then I'm just going to wait for the next platform, probably keep going with Asus or maybe try Asrock. Getting sick and tired of evga's motherboard department.

Yes, I kept getting told it would be out Mid June
myfishbear
  • Total Posts : 16
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 08:44:13 (permalink)
loveha

so true support isnt there either. i had to re write the bios on my x58 since they never updated my sata rom... it had v10.5 i changed it 12.6 and have much better performance and my raid array of ssds now work along with my 3 tb hdd.
chememan
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 816
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 13:28:49 (permalink)
Maybe it is a blessing in disguise ... by the time the Dark comes out, we will already have Ivy-E out (assuming it is still 2011 socket) and I can skip buying a 3930k entirely.
post edited by chememan - 2013/06/15 13:31:01

4930K @ 4.6 X79Dark + 4x4 G-Skill 1900-C9 + 780Ti Classified + 840 Pro SSD + AX1200 + HAF 932 

W3540 @ 4.4g  on H2O + EVGA E760 Classified + 3x2GB G-Skill Perfect Storm 2133 + 
2x EVGA GTX480SC in SLI on H2O  + Intel X25-M 160 G2 + WD Velociraptor 300 + Corsair AX1200 + HAF 932

3570k 4.5 on H2O + Z77FTW + GTX480SC + G.SkILL 1800 + Intel X25M + Corsair HX850 + HAF 932

3770k 4.6 on H20 + Z77FTW + GTX480SC + G.SkILL 1800 + Intel 520 + CM1000+ HAF 932

HEATWARE  

Huntcraft
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 14:06:26 (permalink)
Do us all a favor and rewrite the bios for the x79 classified as well.

.... come to think of it, whats to keep a couple good bios guys from dissecting this monstrosity and slamming in a bunch of code from bios that work? it would be so dope if someone could modify the RIVE bios to work on the x79 classified
post edited by Huntcraft - 2013/06/15 14:09:08
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/15 16:01:49 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

loveha

Yes, I kept getting told it would be out Mid June

Hey guys,

Read when this thread was created. When the X79 dark first saw light back in January, EVGA product manager said it was suppose to be released in April. 
Who really knows what trials and errors they've had along the way with developing this MB. Lets just hope the delay is because they're perfecting it. 

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 32 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile