Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 56
Author
MexicanPlumber
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 394
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/04/30 21:58:14 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

OMG A FURRY

Johnny_Utah Please just go away.  I'm asking nicely.  Did you bother to read the 12 page thread about others with the SAME ISSUE?  Putting you on ignore now and I should have from the get-go.   You have absolutely ZERO to offer the community here.  Have a nice life. 

I did read the thread, and this is what I gather from it:

• USB 3.0 - I still blame user error for this one, try updating all your firmware.
  • XMP 1.3 - Non-issue. Don't use XMP. Setting your memory timings, voltage, and frequency manually is a better choice for the greatest stability, and always has been.
  • C-States - They cannot reproduce this, because it is likely a problem with another of the user's components.
  • PCI-E 3.0 - The board is PCIe3.0 ready. You processor is likely not. I would attempt to enable 3.0 while using a processor that only supports 2.0, but the processor I am testing with is a Xeon E5-2680, which DOES support PCIE3.0
  • CPU VCore Offset - I am able to change this value, on some settings it was stable, and on others it would give a 0d POST code.
  • Non-MBR boot drives - No problems here. Booted a UEFI drive over USB, everything went smoothly.

Umm so yea you sound like the biggest fanboy now. 

USB 2/3.0 is an issue with the board itself 
XMP is supported which means it should work. The user should not be required to do extra work just because of someone lack of testing. 
C-states can't be an end user problem as too many people have them 
3930k have full PCIe 3.0 support
Not sure the issue with VCORE
And MBR should work no matter what

From the ARK site on the 3930K http://ark.intel.com/products/63697
PCI Express Revision 2.0
He said NON-MBR, you know like GPT. I have seen XMP issues with many boards.
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4546
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/04/30 21:58:31 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

OMG A FURRY

Johnny_Utah Please just go away.  I'm asking nicely.  Did you bother to read the 12 page thread about others with the SAME ISSUE?  Putting you on ignore now and I should have from the get-go.   You have absolutely ZERO to offer the community here.  Have a nice life. 

• USB 3.0 - I still blame user error for this one, try updating all your firmware.
  • XMP 1.3 - Non-issue. Don't use XMP. Setting your memory timings, voltage, and frequency manually is a better choice for the greatest stability, and always has been.
  • C-States - They cannot reproduce this, because it is likely a problem with another of the user's components.
  • PCI-E 3.0 - The board is PCIe3.0 ready. You processor is likely not. I would attempt to enable 3.0 while using a processor that only supports 2.0, but the processor I am testing with is a Xeon E5-2680, which DOES support PCIE3.0
  • CPU VCore Offset - I am able to change this value, on some settings it was stable, and on others it would give a 0d POST code.
  • Non-MBR boot drives - No problems here. Booted a UEFI drive over USB, everything went smoothly.

XMP is supported which means it should work. The user should not be required to do extra work just because of someone lack of testing. 

The only way I saw what he posted is through your quoting.  The guy has NO idea what he is talking about.  Perhaps if he is ignored, he will go away, far away. 

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/04/30 21:59:38 (permalink)
MexicanPlumber

CAxVIPER

OMG A FURRY

PCI Express Revision 2.0

3930k has the PCIE-3.0 controller ON DIE and does support 3.0.   It simply was not certified.  Stop while you are behind, this is like year old info.

mpetts
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/04/30 22:23:00 (permalink)
This is all a no-win argument. There are those who will swear up and down that the problems are caused by the end-user, and there are those who swear it's caused by the hardware.

I've already listed my qualifications previously, and I can categorically say with 100% certainty that the issues I had with a current generation EVGA motherboard were solely the fault of EVGA. I wrote them a rather terse and well explained email detailing all of the problems, and I was immediately given a refund, even though I didn't purchase it directly from EVGA, and it was outside of Newegg's 30-day refund window.

The very same day I received the refund I purchased an ASUS motherboard. Every. Single. Issue. Was. Gone. I have had not a single crash, everything just works, and it's honestly a pleasure to own. I haven't had to fight with it, I haven't had to use voodoo to get it to work, haven't had to take it to dinner or even buy it flowers. It's as pain free an ownership experience as an enthusiast motherboard should be.
fusionssl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1428
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/01 02:01:21 (permalink)
Just  thought guys, In the X79 unresolved issues thread there was one user that stated problems like many others. He reinstalled windows and all drivers and reported all issues resolved!!!

Now my thoughts are and let me make this clear that i am not pushing blame around, how many of you that have issues then received a RMA replacement and NOT reinstalled windows and drivers from fresh. I would have expected most of you would have tried a fresh instal before the RMA while trouble shooting but maybe not with the RMA board (why would you) and just thrown your rig together in anticipation that it will work.

Who is to say that the original issue is not down to a bad O.S or driver instal created by some poor performing component and your simply carrying the issue from board to board.
As EVGA are stating that many of these RMA boards do NOT show these issues reported and pass testing, they also would be working on a test bench with one hard drive swapped from test to test, EVGA could do good by requesting a ISO image from a user having issues to test there instal (if privacy is a issue just don't agree).

Anyway as said just throwing this idea out there.
post edited by fusionssl - 2013/05/01 04:14:50

rig 1
X79 DARK 3940k (4.4oc), corsair Platinum 2133mhz,Evga GTX580 2way sli, mountain mod assention,

rig 2
EVGA X58 759 CLASSIFIED  I7 930/ 4.5GHZ  
Corsair Domminator 2153MHZ   10,10,10,24/1T
Evga GTX 460  

firerx
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3099
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/01 05:17:27 (permalink)
"I haven't had to use voodoo to get it to work, haven't had to take it to dinner or even buy it flowers. It's as pain free an ownership experience as an enthusiast motherboard should be."

Priceless 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme  
Intel Core i9 10900X 
Corsair Platinums 3000mhz 32gb 
 RTX 3090 FE 
TT 1200w PSU
Samsung 950 Pro M2 SSD 1tb
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1tb
Samsumg 840 Pro SSD, Seagate 1TB drive   
LG 34" Curved Monitor 3440 X 1440       

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/01 09:59:46 (permalink)
Johnny_Utah

EVGATech_IanJ

Johnny_Utah
I just want my mainboard replaced with a WORKING X79 BOARD FREE OF HARDWARE PROBLEMS AND BIOS BUGS.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your X79. I see that the board you sent back to us for RMA passed testing. We could not find anything wrong with it and we could not replicate the USB problems you were having.

Is there any other component in your system that was used with both boards and has not been tested yet? Possibly the power supply or a USB device?

The board that I used (the RMA'd board) has constant "PowerSurge on Hub Port" messages, as well as USB 2 AND 3 issues. (sometimes the ports work, other times it doesn't...EVERYTIME I boot the machine!)   I tried the board with 2 different sets of verified RAM and two power supplies.  It ain't me.  The board I got back has USB issues even worse than the original. 

Here's the kicker:  I have two other X79 boards and have NO ISSUES (BOTH ASUS BOARDS).   I think it's hilarious that you try and pin this crap on me when MANY other people are having the same issue.  This is unbelievable.    You guys need to get some better techs and fire your BIOS team, because they both stink.

Hey bro, if you have any more questions about what's wrong with your X79 mainboards, take a gander at this 12 page thread:   http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1687999

I think they have all been addressed there.  Have a great day. 

Hey Johnny,

EVGA is not going to own up to this. We're beating a dead horse with the X79 line.

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/01 10:48:57 (permalink)
Johnny_Utah

MexicanPlumber

CAxVIPER

OMG A FURRY

PCI Express Revision 2.0

3930k has the PCIE-3.0 controller ON DIE and does support 3.0.   It simply was not certified.  Stop while you are behind, this is like year old info.

And I can confirm this as I am running as per my signature.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/01 12:07:04 (permalink)
dustingg

Johnny_Utah

EVGATech_IanJ

Johnny_Utah
I just want my mainboard replaced with a WORKING X79 BOARD FREE OF HARDWARE PROBLEMS AND BIOS BUGS.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your X79. I see that the board you sent back to us for RMA passed testing. We could not find anything wrong with it and we could not replicate the USB problems you were having.

Is there any other component in your system that was used with both boards and has not been tested yet? Possibly the power supply or a USB device?

The board that I used (the RMA'd board) has constant "PowerSurge on Hub Port" messages, as well as USB 2 AND 3 issues. (sometimes the ports work, other times it doesn't...EVERYTIME I boot the machine!)   I tried the board with 2 different sets of verified RAM and two power supplies.  It ain't me.  The board I got back has USB issues even worse than the original. 

Here's the kicker:  I have two other X79 boards and have NO ISSUES (BOTH ASUS BOARDS).   I think it's hilarious that you try and pin this crap on me when MANY other people are having the same issue.  This is unbelievable.    You guys need to get some better techs and fire your BIOS team, because they both stink.

Hey bro, if you have any more questions about what's wrong with your X79 mainboards, take a gander at this 12 page thread:   http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=1687999

I think they have all been addressed there.  Have a great day. 

Hey Johnny,

EVGA is not going to own up to this. We're beating a dead horse with the X79 line.

You are most likely right.  EVGA's mainboard reputation is a joke right now.  Go to any enthusiast forum and you will get the same story.  They are losing potential customers and long time alike.  Good luck with that EVGA. 

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 05:18:38 (permalink)
Looking at using 3 GTX 690 on this Motherboard (Not using SLI), will it support 6 GPU's running Windows 7 x64u.
Thanks,
Bill

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 07:11:56 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

Looking at using 3 GTX 690 on this Motherboard (Not using SLI), will it support 6 GPU's running Windows 7 x64u.
Thanks,
Bill

Why would you want to run 3x 690's not in SLI???

6 GPU's not working together? Plus the scaling of just 2 690's in SLI is horrible.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

midknite
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 08:56:21 (permalink)
I'm appalled that this has turned into a complaint thread. You guys should know better.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 09:29:28 (permalink)
Even though the complaints are off subject from the initial post we have decided to leave the posts in the thread for now. Despite the complaints the forum members have kept themselves calm in this thread despite the extreme unhappiness of many. Most of the complaints have been posted professionally.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 10:25:21 (permalink)
midknite

I'm appalled that this has turned into a complaint thread. You guys should know better.

I'm appalled that EVGA doesn't own up to making a sub par mother board, a board that doesn't work as specified.

I see your a Z77 user.....troll perhaps?

YouTube RigPics Twitter

midknite
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 10:41:35 (permalink)
I've said what i have to say about it and leaving it at that.
boulard83
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 12:31:30 (permalink)
rjohnson11 Even though the complaints are off subject from the initial post we have decided to leave the posts in the thread for now. Despite the complaints the forum members have kept themselves calm in this thread despite the extreme unhappiness of many. Most of the complaints have been posted professionally.

I think the same, thanks not to remove the complain.

I am part of the people who buyed an EVGA X79 FTW ( supposed to be high end ) and i had alot of issue VS all other board i had in the past. I never asked for any RMA since none of the issue prevent me from using the board as i want to but in the mean time, when i will sell this board i will have to resell it MUCH CHEAPER and loose way more money because it have USB and few other small issue .... I alwais buyed Asus board in the past, tryed this FTW and i'm sorry EVGA but i dont think you will have anymore of my money ( and all the build i do for friend year long ) on a MB in the next years. Sorry. ( in fact, you EVGA have to feel sorry ... not me :) )
post edited by boulard83 - 2013/05/02 12:35:09

BTTB • Gigabyte Z87X-OC • WCed I7 4770k • 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz • Zotac GTX 780
Asus Xonar Pheobus • OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb • Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
Corsair HX850 • Tecnofront HWD BenchTable • Asus VE278Q 5760x1080
Serveur • Asus Z77m PRO • 2500K • NH-C12P • 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz 
Agility 4 128gb • Corsair CX430M • 1TB Black • 2TB green • 2TB Red
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 13:48:12 (permalink)
If you are not satisfied with the quality of an EVGA product then I ask that you contact EVGA. In the USA telephone: 888.881.3842

In Europe (during normal business hours) telephone: 49.89.189.049 11

boulard83

rjohnson11 Even though the complaints are off subject from the initial post we have decided to leave the posts in the thread for now. Despite the complaints the forum members have kept themselves calm in this thread despite the extreme unhappiness of many. Most of the complaints have been posted professionally.

I am part of the people who buyed an EVGA X79 FTW ( supposed to be high end ) and i had alot of issue VS all other board i had in the past. I never asked for any RMA since none of the issue prevent me from using the board as i want to but in the mean time, when i will sell this board i will have to resell it MUCH CHEAPER and loose way more money because it have USB and few other small issue .... I alwais buyed Asus board in the past, tryed this FTW and i'm sorry EVGA but i dont think you will have anymore of my money ( and all the build i do for friend year long ) on a MB in the next years. Sorry. ( in fact, you EVGA have to feel sorry ... not me :) )

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

boulard83
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 14:05:09 (permalink)
rjohnson11

If you are not satisfied with the quality of an EVGA product then I ask that you contact EVGA. In the USA telephone: 888.881.3842

boulard83

So i could receive another semi fonctionnal Board ? I'm sorry but no, i will just use it like this and sell it like this. I sometime loose some USB port like 99.99% of the other EVGA X79 board. In my case this is only 1 port that drop out ... not the end of the world but it's still a problem, a KNOW ISSUE with these board.

Unless EVGA do something to FIX it ( not on ly giving me another board with same issue ) i will just go away from EVGA board for me and all the build i do for other people.

BTTB • Gigabyte Z87X-OC • WCed I7 4770k • 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz • Zotac GTX 780
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 14:14:00 (permalink)
Truly EVGA should be required to give refunds to everyone that has purchased one as the product is defective and doesn't work as advertised. Personally if I was some of you guys that have bought 8-20 of these and they don't work I would take EVGA to small claims court if they refuse to give you a refund. If it is a known issue that they can't fix then you should be entitled to a refund
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 18:32:22 (permalink)
boulard83

rjohnson11

boulard83

So i could receive another semi fonctionnal Board ? I'm sorry but no, i will just use it like this and sell it like this. I sometime loose some USB port like 99.99% of the other EVGA X79 board. In my case this is only 1 port that drop out ... not the end of the world but it's still a problem, a KNOW ISSUE with these board.

Unless EVGA do something to FIX it ( not on ly giving me another board with same issue ) i will just go away from EVGA board for me and all the build i do for other people.

EXACTLY,

EVGA cannot fix these boards. It is how they were made. they cannot undue that now. Bios revisions, 47 of them have proved they cannot fix these problems. The boards them self have a design flaw that cannot be fixed with BIOS revisions. 

YouTube RigPics Twitter

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 18:35:46 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

Truly EVGA should be required to give refunds to everyone that has purchased one as the product is defective and doesn't work as advertised. Personally if I was some of you guys that have bought 8-20 of these and they don't work I would take EVGA to small claims court if they refuse to give you a refund. If it is a known issue that they can't fix then you should be entitled to a refund

class action lawsuit........there are enough people here on this forum and other forums that would surely sign on for this.

Better Business bureau would eat this up!

YouTube RigPics Twitter

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/02 18:56:35 (permalink)
dustingg

bcavnaugh

Thanks,
Bill

6 GPU's not working together? Plus the scaling of just 2 690's in SLI is horrible.

For Folding 5 of the 6 GPU's for Team folding@evga
Sad that this Forum Thread is not 99% about the x79 Dark.
Bill
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2013/05/02 19:08:02

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 09:29:49 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

dustingg

bcavnaugh

Thanks,
Bill

For Folding 5 of the 6 GPU's for Team folding@evga
Sad that this Forum Thread is not 99% about the x79 Dark.
Bill

I see. Yah this thread started out about the X79 dark, but it's kind of hard to not have upset users of the first gen X79 EVGA MB's not post their feelings here. It's almost a slap in the face from EVGA to see them release a new "bigger better stronger" X79 MB when their FTW, classified and SLI bords are broken. As in they do not perform to specification.

How would you feel if you went to car lot. Had a shark sell your a car. you drive it home and then find out have of the extra's on it do not work......

YouTube RigPics Twitter

tonschk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 13:13:59 (permalink)
I LOVE my EVGA X79 FTW, the layout is AWESOME and I will not change this board for many many years

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
Nightlite
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 17:14:26 (permalink)
To me.. I believe the complaints are there as a warning about the new Dark board and have everything to do with this thread.

Honestly, anyone who believes the EVGA Dark will be the best board on the market without any issues is completely delusional. I'm sure EVGA is a little grateful for the grief, its doubtful they want to give the impression this board will be flawless and everything it advertises.

Pretty much EVGA just want to say, we went back and tried our best to build a better board. Here it is!
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 18:25:24 (permalink)
Hey guys,

I just would like to mention that we are working on an X79 Dark program for existing EVGA X79 owners.

I don't have any further details at this time but please stay tuned for more details.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 18:31:58 (permalink)

Not that I have one, but

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 19:25:25 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

Hey guys,

I just would like to mention that we are working on an X79 Dark program for existing EVGA X79 owners.

I don't have any further details at this time but please stay tuned for more details.

And I Thank You EVGA
x79 FTW & x79 SLI Working Great 24 hours a Day 7 Days a Week Folding at folding@evga
Bill

zerocool101
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 473
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 19:38:12 (permalink)
Great News 

13900KS on Z690 Dark KP
FE 4090
boulard83
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/05/03 19:56:00 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

Hey guys,

If you offer a kind of "step up" program from our X79 MB to the Dark it could be a good thing.
*** If the X79 dark is working without issue ***

If this happen, i will give EVGA another try on the motherboard side before going back to Asus. Who know, i may stay with EVGA if the Dark works great ;)

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile