EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!EVGA X299 Motherboards!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 23
Author
Erica647
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 06:53:14 (permalink)
I don't understand why motherboard vendors are supporting 4-way SLI when it's my understanding that Nvidia only officially supports 2-way SLI now.  Is that just a sales gimmick?
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 07:01:53 (permalink)
Erica647
I don't understand why motherboard vendors are supporting 4-way SLI when it's my understanding that Nvidia only officially supports 2-way SLI now.  Is that just a sales gimmick?

My guess would be to justify a price point.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Phily
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 07:50:56 (permalink)
Erica647

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many games supported by SLI or even 4- way SLI.  Is that correct?  I remember when I use to SLI 780's I had trouble with games.  Again, I haven't done SLI in years, so things could have improved.
Artah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 08:37:42 (permalink)
Erica647

That's only for the new cards, the old cards titan x Maxwell for example works just fine with 4 way sli and for people that want to fold with 4 of the old/new cards it works just fine or if you want to hack the software you can get 4 way sli with Nvidia unlocking codes using pascal possibly but not supported by some games I think.  Main point is currently 4 way sli is not dead for sure and there are many practical applications for it.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 08:51:03 (permalink)
So, the professional overclockers are assuming the X299 is going to move more processors to one platform to give more options.  As in, this isn't a bad thing, and that people will start understanding once the boards are released and all of the power users show the features that are available.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 08:55:21 (permalink)
Phily
valzero
Phily
GTXJackBauer
Phily
Please forgive my ignorance, but does anyone have any thoughts on why the memory support for the Dark is 64GB and the FTW-K is 128GB?  Seems to be to be a drastic difference for two gaming motherboards.

I believe they did that for the focus on high OCs.  The more RAM slots and higher amount of RAM can destabilize high OCs.

Interesting.  I was not aware that the higher amount of RAM can destabilize high OCs.a  Thanks for the info.  So, based on that info, to get better OC's go with the Dark?

Yes.

Thank you.  Is that true as well with with the m-ATX?

I'm not sure that is true anymore ever since the broadwell-e memory controller was able to handle high amounts of memory without getting destabilized even with 64GB.  I can only hope that the X299 CPUs have an even more advanced memory controller and not go backwards.  I do love what EVGA did to this motherboard though, I was always annoyed that I had to buy 8 sticks of memory for a quad channel motherboard as the only option.  Yes I'm slot filler and my OCD does not allow me to have a clean build with empty memory slots...  Crosstalk could still cause some potential issues if the motherboard was not designed cleanly.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 09:05:28 (permalink)
K|NGP|N stated that the x299 Dark has less ram for better oc and stability. Less ram chips means better overclocking. Since he is a professional overclocker, and K|ngp|n and T|n built the board based around ln2 overclocking, I would trust them on knowing what works best or causes stability issues.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 09:05:47 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
So, the professional overclockers are assuming the X299 is going to move more processors to one platform to give more options.  As in, this isn't a bad thing, and that people will start understanding once the boards are released and all of the power users show the features that are available.

This is one of the biggest reason why I want to start using EVGA motherboards besides the fact that EVGA built the connectors on the right side to where there would be a lot less messy wires sticking out, the other is the RMA fiasco with 2nd hand boards with other manufacturers.  That is one of the things I see EVGA to be leading the way because what do you do when the only stock on a motherboard that you want to build a few of is ebay because the price gougers got to them first?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 09:09:01 (permalink)
Artah
Scarlet-Tech

This is one of the biggest reason why I want to start using EVGA motherboards besides the fact that EVGA built the connectors on the right side to where there would be a lot less messy wires sticking out, the other is the RMA fiasco with 2nd hand boards with other manufacturers.  That is one of the things I see EVGA to be leading the way because what do you do when the only stock on a motherboard that you want to build a few of is ebay because the price gougers got to them first?

Ebayers and price gougers typically offer a delivery service.. they dont have the board, and just really stupid shipping windows, like 2 or 3 months away, so they can get a board at the same price and ship it later. Dont fall for that. Buy from reputable places only.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 09:14:08 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
K|NGP|N stated that the x299 Dark has less ram for better oc and stability. Less ram chips means better overclocking. Since he is a professional overclocker, and K|ngp|n and T|n built the board based around ln2 overclocking, I would trust them on knowing what works best or causes stability issues.

I could say that it's better for overclocking when it does .00001% better than the others yes.  We will see how much the silicon lottery plays into it and the different motherboard designs that is coming out soon.  But yes I would definitely put my money on K|NGP|N any day and kneel to his greatness when I am flying blind (or any day for that matter) because he obviously know what he is doing.  You just amplified my curiosity now that I know he's helped design this board.
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 09:38:00 (permalink)
Artah
  We will see how much the silicon lottery plays into it and the different motherboard designs that is coming out soon.  But yes I would definitely put my money on K|NGP|N any day and kneel to his greatness when I am flying blind (or any day for that matter) because he obviously know what he is doing.  You just amplified my curiosity now that I know he's helped design this board.

I lol'd at "silicon lottery".
I am sure they get the best pick of anything to torture test.  

Me, I am just curious what waterblocks will be available for them.  I haven't made a new waterblock is quite some time.
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/05 10:27:05 (permalink)
nateman_doo
Artah
  We will see how much the silicon lottery plays into it and the different motherboard designs that is coming out soon.  But yes I would definitely put my money on K|NGP|N any day and kneel to his greatness when I am flying blind (or any day for that matter) because he obviously know what he is doing.  You just amplified my curiosity now that I know he's helped design this board.

Me, I am just curious what waterblocks will be available for them.  I haven't made a new waterblock is quite some time.

My point exactly, CPUs are not the only things made with silicon, they could have the best of the best but the general consensus with the rest of the people testing these boards would be a more accurate indicator on which board is better than the other for OC.  Either way I'm buying this board (maybe a few after if it performs as good as it looks) and the AR6E and testing for myself.  I'm not using LN2 just like the majority of the other people buying these boards because that would add to the whole slew of variables.
justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/08 18:28:54 (permalink)
I see two sets of dip switches on the x299 dark. Obviously one set is for the PCIe slots. What is the other set for? m.2s? that would be nice. I don't have a board that supports m.2 yet so I don't know if this is a common thing on high end boards but seems like it would make sense and be helpful.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
CptSpig
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/09 07:51:35 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Look at the Asus Apex the spec's look the same as the Dark. I am leaning toward the EVGA Dark I have had good luck with these boards. Not so much with Asus. I do like my currant MSI board a lot but their new boards don't excite me very much time to switch.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/09 09:45:18 (permalink)
nateman_doo

I will keep an Eye out, I would like to be in the first Batch for the X299 Dark.
Thanks nateman_doo

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Phily
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/10 05:09:12 (permalink)
nateman_doo

Artah

We will see how much the silicon lottery plays into it and the different motherboard designs that is coming out soon.  But yes I would definitely put my money on K|NGP|N any day and kneel to his greatness when I am flying blind (or any day for that matter) because he obviously know what he is doing.  You just amplified my curiosity now that I know he's helped design this board.

Me, I am just curious what waterblocks will be available for them.  I haven't made a new waterblock is quite some time.

bcavnaugh

nateman_doo

Me, I am just curious what waterblocks will be available for them.  I haven't made a new waterblock is quite some time.

I will keep an Eye out, I would like to be in the first Batch for the X299 Dark.

Thanks nateman_doo

I spoke with EKWB via email and here is what I received:

Hello!

Do you plan on having any CPU waterbnlocks for the upcoming EVGA X299 motherboards? If so, do you happen to have a release date for it?

Thanks!

Hello Phily,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Any of our Supremacy EVO waterblocks with compatibility for LGA2011 and LGA2011-3 sockets will be completely compatible with the LGA2066 socket (X299 chipset).
As far as any monoblocks for boards on this platform, we are still in the decision making process on which motherboards we will support for this line. We should come up with an announcement in the upcoming weeks on which boards will have monoblock support for this chipset. Keep your eyes on the new page or subscribe to our newsletter for more information when it comes out.

Best regards, Matthew

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/10 07:20:52 (permalink)
Phily You should have asked are you going to release a Full Motherboard Water Block for the X299 Dark Motherboard.
No one has made a Full Motherboard Water Block(s) for any EVGA Motherboard after the X79 Classified Model.
Not even for the X79 Dark Motherboard after it was released by EVGA.
If not for nateman_doo we would not have any Water Blocks for the X79 Dark nor the X99 Classified Motherboards from EVGA.
For the CPU I would use the CPU-390CI Water Block, Copper Top (Intel Processor) Water Block from Koolance anyway. + MX-4
((Intel socket LGA 2011 / 2011-v3 (Square ILM only)) May have a Long one in the Works ATM as well.

No I Do Not Work for Koolance.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/06/10 07:29:37

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

tonschk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/11 23:59:19 (permalink)
I completely agree, I never understood the fans with LED and therefore I carefully only buy fans without LED, a few LED on the motherboard are ok, and the latest huge avalanche of motherboards and fans with this silly multicolored RGB LEDS is completely silly, absurd and ridiculous

Vlada011

RGB LED lights, that's really so important?
X299 Dark look better now without any LED lights.

post edited by tonschk - 2017/06/12 00:09:08

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 11:57:46 (permalink)
Hello all, to address a few of the questions here, QVL for memory, we do not have it finalized yet, our engineers are still working on certifying memory.  Manuals for the Micro and FTW are nearly done, much like the manuals I did for the Z270, they are somewhat sizeable and as such take some time to do.  These will have the lane breakdown per slot based on CPU as well as breakdowns per CPU for M.2 and U.2.  The Dark board you saw at Computex was not final, and there are some things still likely to move, however I do not have specifics on that.  But the final version will be reflected in the manual which I am working on now.  As for higher core count processors, to the best of my knowledge we will be supporting the entire i9 lineup, not all of the high end have released specs yet.

For those looking for 4133 memory, keep in mind that is for the Kaby Lake-X procs, which are effectively the high end 1151 CPU's on a 2066 socket.  Skylake-X procs will have a lower frequency, as you all know there is the official rating from Intel, then what we rate our boards for, but at some level, YMMV based on CPU silicon Lottery, and other aspects of the build and component load-out, however the Skylake-X for our board will be rated up to 3600MHz, and some CPUs will exceed that number, and some may not hit it.

As for waterblocks for these boards, currently we have no plans, but, I think there is someone in the forums here who may be able to help if enough people are interested :)

As for some of the concerns about the Dark looking to be lower specs in some areas than the FTW, I think this board lineup is less about a good/better/best mentality and more about something for a specific application.  The application is a benching board that is perfectly usable as a powerful daily driver as well.  Personally that is the board that I have the most interest in, as currently, I do not foresee myself needing more than 64GB of RAM at least not before the chipset is retired, is it possible things can change, sure, but I don't think it is likely.  Also no lights appeals to me, and as with any true benching board, it is largely overbuilt for someone who wants a modest OC and 24/7 stability.
howdyho1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 236
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 13:20:47 (permalink)
@EVGATech_DaveB

Thank you for the update  Looking forward to reading the docs and finalizing my decision for my next build.  If I go Dark, +1 for interest on a waterblock.

i9-7900X | Asus ROG STRIX X299E | Custom loop | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N with Optimus block | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 | 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME | 2x 4TB WD Black | DG-87 case | 3x LG 27" 4k |  HyperX Alloy Elite 2 kbd | HyperX Pulsefire Haste mse | HyperX Pulsefire RGB mat

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/96922/to

Phily
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 16:34:37 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Phily You should have asked are you going to release a Full Motherboard Water Block for the X299 Dark Motherboard.
No one has made a Full Motherboard Water Block(s) for any EVGA Motherboard after the X79 Classified Model.
Not even for the X79 Dark Motherboard after it was released by EVGA.
If not for nateman_doo we would not have any Water Blocks for the X79 Dark nor the X99 Classified Motherboards from EVGA.
For the CPU I would use the CPU-390CI Water Block, Copper Top (Intel Processor) Water Block from Koolance anyway. + MX-4
((Intel socket LGA 2011 / 2011-v3 (Square ILM only)) May have a Long one in the Works ATM as well.

No I Do Not Work for Koolance.

Here you go!  The only way to get EKWB to make them is for people to email their support (support@ekwb.com) and request it.

Jun 10, 16:35 CEST
Matthew,
Are there any plans to release a Full Motherboard Water Block for the X299 Dark Motherboard.
EKWB has not made a Full Motherboard Water Block(s) for any EVGA Motherboard after the X79 Classified Model. Is there any specific reason why EVGA Full Motherboard Water Blocks have not been made?

EKWB Support (Matthew) (EKWB Support)
Jun 12, 16:03 CEST
Hello again,

Again, we are still in the decision making process on these boards and do not have any insight on which of the X299 boards will be supported quite yet.
As far as EVGA not getting their boards selected, there really is not major reason for this other than the mass popularity of other boards from MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS have usually made those monoblocks happen.
If we get enough people asking about EVGA's boards, we will always consider a specific board out there for monoblock construction. 

Best regards, Matthew

justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3326
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 16:50:17 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB
Manuals for the Micro and FTW are nearly done, much like the manuals I did for the Z270, they are somewhat sizeable and as such take some time to do.  These will have the lane breakdown per slot based on CPU as well as breakdowns per CPU for M.2 and U.2.  

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to dive into the manuals. This is the very info I am patiently awaiting.

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
Phily
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 16:54:30 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB
Hello all, to address a few of the questions here, QVL for memory, we do not have it finalized yet, our engineers are still working on certifying memory.  Manuals for the Micro and FTW are nearly done, much like the manuals I did for the Z270, they are somewhat sizeable and as such take some time to do.  These will have the lane breakdown per slot based on CPU as well as breakdowns per CPU for M.2 and U.2.  The Dark board you saw at Computex was not final, and there are some things still likely to move, however I do not have specifics on that.  But the final version will be reflected in the manual which I am working on now.  As for higher core count processors, to the best of my knowledge we will be supporting the entire i9 lineup, not all of the high end have released specs yet.

For those looking for 4133 memory, keep in mind that is for the Kaby Lake-X procs, which are effectively the high end 1151 CPU's on a 2066 socket.  Skylake-X procs will have a lower frequency, as you all know there is the official rating from Intel, then what we rate our boards for, but at some level, YMMV based on CPU silicon Lottery, and other aspects of the build and component load-out, however the Skylake-X for our board will be rated up to 3600MHz, and some CPUs will exceed that number, and some may not hit it.

As for waterblocks for these boards, currently we have no plans, but, I think there is someone in the forums here who may be able to help if enough people are interested :)

As for some of the concerns about the Dark looking to be lower specs in some areas than the FTW, I think this board lineup is less about a good/better/best mentality and more about something for a specific application.  The application is a benching board that is perfectly usable as a powerful daily driver as well.  Personally that is the board that I have the most interest in, as currently, I do not foresee myself needing more than 64GB of RAM at least not before the chipset is retired, is it possible things can change, sure, but I don't think it is likely.  Also no lights appeals to me, and as with any true benching board, it is largely overbuilt for someone who wants a modest OC and 24/7 stability.

Thank you for the update! Is it possible to release the manuals for the board or do we have to wait until the board is released to read them?
timbob27
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/13 19:50:01 (permalink)
All of the cores. Intel i9 
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/14 09:24:25 (permalink)
Phily

Thank you for the update! Is it possible to release the manuals for the board or do we have to wait until the board is released to read them?

That may be possible, still working on completing them.  Can't guarantee at this moment though.
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/14 11:40:25 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB
Phily

That may be possible, still working on completing them.  Can't guarantee at this moment though.

if you need a QC person to make sure the manual matches up with the board and has no mis-prints i would gladly volunteer, just send me a board, cpu and manual....you know for quality control  

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
Artah
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/14 12:57:08 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB

Thanks for the update!  Hope you get the manual soon and the product listed on your product list for some past times reading while we wait for the actual availability.

I will be buying this board and the Rampage VI Apex to compare the two.  I usually overclock close to the CPU melting point, ok so only up to what custom liquid cooling can do before it starts throttling and no LN2 or liquid Helium.  I apologize I'm new to EVGA motherboards for overclocking but excited to try it out.  What are the strongest features on EVGA motherboards as far as overclocking that I could look forward to?
quadlatte
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7191
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/14 15:00:19 (permalink)
Artah
EVGATech_DaveB

Thanks for the update!  Hope you get the manual soon and the product listed on your product list for some past times reading while we wait for the actual availability.

I will be buying this board and the Rampage VI Apex to compare the two.  I usually overclock close to the CPU melting point, ok so only up to what custom liquid cooling can do before it starts throttling and no LN2 or liquid Helium.  I apologize I'm new to EVGA motherboards for overclocking but excited to try it out.  What are the strongest features on EVGA motherboards as far as overclocking that I could look forward to?

the bios is pretty straight forward and the onboard componates are generally pretty robust. reading what i have on the asus apex it looks like it and the dark are going to be pretty close. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/15 06:35:45 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB

DUDE... I totally know that guy!!
Problem is he can't really compete with EK, so if they plan on making one... I am sure he would make one for the board that they don't do.  EK rarely does them for the micro boards... and if the chipset is the same as the X99 Micro's... well then its just a matter of hitting the "GO" button on his CNC.  either way he would need a donor board to verify.  or perhaps some dxf files?   

I do have it on good authority that full mono blocks are always an option... but they are NOT cheap, and they take a WHILE to design.
Locutus494
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: EVGA X299 Motherboards! 2017/06/16 18:15:10 (permalink)
EVGATech_DaveB

Awesome, thanks for the updates! The part I highlighted, does that mean that the M.2 slots run off the CPU lanes and not the chipset? That would be AWESOME! Can you confirm?

I was just complaining a little bit in the other thread about the lack of updates, should have read this one first!
post edited by Sajin - 2017/06/16 18:37:50

Fractal Design Define 7 XL, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Crucial Ballistix MAX RGB 32GB DDR4 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming, 32" Acer Predator XB323U GX (2560x1440, 240Hz) & 30" Dell U3011 (2560x1600), 4TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus (OS), 1TB Samsung 860 Evo (games), 2x 2TB Western Digital Black Edition 7200 RPM 64MB Cache RAID 0 (data), Corsair HX1200 PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 23
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile