EVGA

Helpful Reply3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap?

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 23 of 29
Author
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 04:48:21 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
speedysloth
This is really exciting to see, I'm glad EVGA was able to figure out a potential problem and a BIOS was able to correct the power behavior. I wonder how much this new BIOS will help cards that were using kinda normal power before? Hopefully we're able to see better behavior where the power limit sits around 350W more often than not for everyone, regardless of previous power behavior.

@KingEngineRevUp, thank you for consistently updating various people's results in the last few pages. They're very helpful.

No problem, hopefully your fix comes soon.

kram36
atfrico
Let me throw the "fixed" alternative option away😅:

You don't know how many times I felt like that with the Hydro Copper card lol.

speedysloth
This is really exciting to see, I'm glad EVGA was able to figure out a potential problem and a BIOS was able to correct the power behavior. I wonder how much this new BIOS will help cards that were using kinda normal power before? Hopefully we're able to see better behavior where the power limit sits around 350W more often than not for everyone, regardless of previous power behavior.

@KingEngineRevUp, thank you for consistently updating various people's results in the last few pages. They're very helpful.

Yep, thanks KingEngineRevUp for compiling the data for us.

Still have to check out the other beta bios on my air cooled card that I put a Hybrid kit on. The bios should still work fine with the Hybrid kit, right?

Real happy for you, imagine if we had any other cars like a Zotac, highly doubt they'd work with a bunch of users on a forum to fix their problem.

Thanks EVGA for helping these guys out.

Do hydro coppers still have the fan headers active? If not, I imagine you won't have functioning shroud fans, the pump won't pump and the fans won't spin? Not sure. I don't think I've seen anyone flash a hydro copper bios onto a air cooled card. Maybe everything will just spin at 100%?

Correct, no fan sliders for the Hydro Copper bios. EVGA has a beta bios for the air cooled cards too, but I put the EVGA Hybrid AIO kit on it.
dalab
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 05:23:07 (permalink)
Here's the time spy extreme score with it stock aside from the slider moved to 105.

/spy/21911701

Heres the complete log (i'm partially inept and couldnt find how to just start the graphic test 2, so heres the whole log... sorry!)

https:// drive.google. com/file/d/1aYve52zYA1Acjf_It8ul0xoRaGEFaJu1/view?usp=sharing

and sorry it took a little longer to do this, life got busy!

Edit: apparently being a member since 2016 and not spamming the community to get elite means I'm not trusted enough for links...
apologies, you'll have to fix the broken link and add the 3dmark link to get them 

post edited by dalab - 2021/08/03 05:30:25
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 06:48:01 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
speedysloth

No problem, hopefully your fix comes soon.

kram36
atfrico
Let me throw the "fixed" alternative option away😅:

You don't know how many times I felt like that with the Hydro Copper card lol.

speedysloth

Yep, thanks KingEngineRevUp for compiling the data for us.

Still have to check out the other beta bios on my air cooled card that I put a Hybrid kit on. The bios should still work fine with the Hybrid kit, right?

Real happy for you, imagine if we had any other cars like a Zotac, highly doubt they'd work with a bunch of users on a forum to fix their problem.

Thanks EVGA for helping these guys out.

Do hydro coppers still have the fan headers active? If not, I imagine you won't have functioning shroud fans, the pump won't pump and the fans won't spin? Not sure. I don't think I've seen anyone flash a hydro copper bios onto a air cooled card. Maybe everything will just spin at 100%?

I’ve wondered that myself since I blocked an air-cooled card. I mean, components draw power, so if there’s nothing to draw it I’d imagine that power allocated elsewhere. However, I hope that air cards that become water cards aren’t having power reserved for fans and lights. That’s be annoying if that’s the case, and that’s partly why I’d like 3080 Ti HC BIOS for my FTW3 to test that theory. If anyone knows for certain, please let me know.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 06:52:38 (permalink)
dalab
Here's the time spy extreme score with it stock aside from the slider moved to 105.

/spy/21911701

Heres the complete log (i'm partially inept and couldnt find how to just start the graphic test 2, so heres the whole log... sorry!)

https:// drive.google. com/file/d/1aYve52zYA1Acjf_It8ul0xoRaGEFaJu1/view?usp=sharing

Edit: apparently being a member since 2016 and not spamming the community to get elite means I'm not trusted enough for links...
apologies, you'll have to fix the broken link and add the 3dmark link to get them 

We are just running the normal Time Spy, not Time Spy Extreme.
talon951
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 06:59:10 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre

I’ve wondered that myself since I blocked an air-cooled card. I mean, components draw power, so if there’s nothing to draw it I’d imagine that power allocated elsewhere. However, I hope that air cards that become water cards aren’t having power reserved for fans and lights. That’s be annoying if that’s the case, and that’s partly why I’d like 3080 Ti HC BIOS for my FTW3 to test that theory. If anyone knows for certain, please let me know.

Power isn't reserved. But since in most cases the FTW3 will not hit the full 450w PL, it appears there is no gain in available power by removing fans and RGB power (since there is available power).

For example if the fans and RGB use 15w and the card is running at 420w, then it seems to just bump up to 435w total.

Now if the fix the bios like they appeared to have done for the XC3, then removing fans/rgb will provide more power for the core/mem.
dalab
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 07:02:50 (permalink)
kram36
dalab

/spy/21911701

We are just running the normal Time Spy, not Time Spy Extreme.

Understood!
Heres the updated run through normal timespy, found how to do test 2, so its just that as well.
https:/ /drive.google. com/file/d/1JdU1SFn3tpFQOCyNwXJMrcKo4IS8cQWa/view?usp=sharing
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 985
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 07:35:29 (permalink)
kram36
KingEngineRevUp

Correct, no fan sliders for the Hydro Copper bios. EVGA has a beta bios for the air cooled cards too, but I put the EVGA Hybrid AIO kit on it.

GPUz reports fan speeds (zero because no fan is plugged in), so it's possible that fans might work if plugged in. but you wont be able to control them with PX1

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 07:49:38 (permalink)
gsrcrxsi
kram36
KingEngineRevUp

GPUz reports fan speeds (zero because no fan is plugged in), so it's possible that fans might work if plugged in. but you wont be able to control them with PX1

I went ahead and put the Air Cooler Beta Bios on my card with the Hybrid kit on it. In Afterburner, it shows two fans to control just like the Hybrid has in PX1. I don't use PX1 because I don't want it doing the firmware update.

Went to run the test and forgot I have a 3070 on the motherboard which knocks the 3080 Ti PCIe speed down to PCIe 3.0 x8, so the score isn't good. Will have to pull the 3070 and do the test, but will have to do that later. As far as I can tell from my normal use of video rendering, the 3080 Ti XC3 Hybrid is working identically to the 3080 Ti Hydro Copper. The same clocks I use on the Hydro Copper are producing the same results on the Hybrid. So it seems to be the same bios, just with fan control added to it.
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 08:25:33 (permalink)
talon951
ObscureEmpyre

Power isn't reserved. But since in most cases the FTW3 will not hit the full 450w PL, it appears there is no gain in available power by removing fans and RGB power (since there is available power).

For example if the fans and RGB use 15w and the card is running at 420w, then it seems to just bump up to 435w total.

Now if the fix the bios like they appeared to have done for the XC3, then removing fans/rgb will provide more power for the core/mem.

Well, hopefully there will be a new BIOS for the FTW3. I say this because I have drastically different power draw across multiple AAA titles despite the card being at 99-100% usage.

dalab
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 08:32:10 (permalink)
Any chance of seeing that Beta Bios 2 fix for anyone who wants it in the thread? =]
kongfra
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 08:34:20 (permalink)
kram36
gsrcrxsi
kram36
KingEngineRevUp

I went ahead and put the Air Cooler Beta Bios on my card with the Hybrid kit on it. In Afterburner, it shows two fans to control just like the Hybrid has in PX1. I don't use PX1 because I don't want it doing the firmware update.

Went to run the test and forgot I have a 3070 on the motherboard which knocks the 3080 Ti PCIe speed down to PCIe 3.0 x8, so the score isn't good. Will have to pull the 3070 and do the test, but will have to do that later. As far as I can tell from my normal use of video rendering, the 3080 Ti XC3 Hybrid is working identically to the 3080 Ti Hydro Copper. The same clocks I use on the Hydro Copper are producing the same results on the Hybrid. So it seems to be the same bios, just with fan control added to it.

I am glad you got your issues fixed!

I am also happy to see EVGA figure this issue out, one of the main reason I will always continue to buy EVGa products

3080 TI XC3, i9-10850K, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram DDR4-3200 CL16 , EVGA Supernova G6 1000W 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Pro,  LG 27GP83B-B with Dual Dell S2716DG Monitor, 2 TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 08:49:53 (permalink)
I knew from the beginning that a BIOS could probably fix the problems I saw, so I'm glad it came to fruition.

Tricerakash
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 09:45:19 (permalink)
Has anyone gamed on it yet? Seems to hold up, the extra power took my temp to 61c with a 28c ambient. Dual rad, 420mm and 240mm. Overall cant complain. Once it cooled down it dropped to 55c avg on the gpu
c
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 09:53:18 (permalink)
Tricerakash
Has anyone gamed on it yet? Seems to hold up, the extra power took my temp to 61c with a 28c ambient. Dual rad, 420mm and 240mm. Overall cant complain. Once it cooled down it dropped to 55c avg on the gpu
c

what else is in the loop? what pump/speed? how's the airflow through the rads?

could be other sources of heat and/or low flow rate in conjunction with high ambient temps.

I have dual 360mm thin rads (HWL 25mm thick), with Noctua 1500rpm NF-F12 fans. airflow through my bottom rad isn't great but I leave the side panel off on my LL O11D. my ambient temps are ~23C and I see about 50-51C temps with a DDC @4500rpm and a 5950X @ 4.425GHz (160W) in the loop.

KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 10:14:41 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre

THe hydro copper bioses are up on techpowerup under unverified vendor. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/235973/235973

kram36

I wish I had that problem, forgetting there's a 3070 laying in one of my systems. 

ObscureEmpyre

Well, hopefully there will be a new BIOS for the FTW3. I say this because I have drastically different power draw across multiple AAA titles despite the card being at 99-100% usage.

There may or may not. I actually found a 3080 Ti Strix user and although they averaged 430W, their average voltage was less than my FTW3. Below is a screenshot of the stock settings. The Strix is water cooled.

If anyone is interested, here is data with less things in the table hidden (Pin 1-3 draws, SRC, etc) from the screenshot above. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6SHM2AWLd_JRPIgWc9WEEweu113UOPW/view?usp=sharing

Attached Image(s)

Tricerakash
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 10:49:42 (permalink)
Should have been better about explaining this. I got that temp when I was playing COD-Black Ops cold war. Using DSR to take my 1440p monitor to "4k" to really give the GPU a beating. so it was at 90%+ utilization, normally over 350w. The CPU (3950x @ 4.4ghz) is on a monoblock, while nice to look at, it is a regret, they don't cool as well as a dedicated CPU block, but that was running at 66c with 40% usage. I was running ICue also because HWINFO was being strange and I didn't feel like restarting the computer when I finally had a chance to game. Fluid temps stayed around 34c with a pump speed in the 1900s(40% speed)pump has a flow rate of 1500l/h. My140mm Fans are corsair ML140 RGB Pro 300-1800rpm on the 420mm rad with 40mm rad has 240mm rad has 400 - 2400 RPM Corsair ML120 Pros. Phanteks p600s, side panels on.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-experience/14/459153/nvrlaexe-causing-high-cpu-temps/
Also, I haven't looked into it on my own system but I guess there's an(other) problem with icue and idle CPU usage. 
kongfra
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 11:50:35 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

Is this safe to put on a regulars XC3 air cooled? or better to wait for that specific bios? I would not mind testing it as well.

3080 TI XC3, i9-10850K, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram DDR4-3200 CL16 , EVGA Supernova G6 1000W 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Pro,  LG 27GP83B-B with Dual Dell S2716DG Monitor, 2 TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case
speedysloth
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 11:56:28 (permalink)
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

Is this safe to put on a regulars XC3 air cooled? or better to wait for that specific bios? I would not mind testing it as well.

You might want to send Leem a message. They might be able to send you the beta bios. Although I think we should be getting a final release pushed out soon enough considering the BIOS seems fairly stable.
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 12:18:56 (permalink)
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

No do not use that BIOs, ObscureEmpyre was asking for a FTW3 bios for his FTW3 card he put a water block on. 

If you're asking about the beta bios others are using, there is a air cooled one. You'll have to ask and PM someone for it. 
kongfra
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 12:26:32 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

No do not use that BIOs, ObscureEmpyre was asking for a FTW3 bios for his FTW3 card he put a water block on. 

If you're asking about the beta bios others are using, there is a air cooled one. You'll have to ask and PM someone for it. 

I will just wait it out then unless anyone else needs more to test thanks!

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:18:07 (permalink)
KingEngineRevUp
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

EVGATech_LeeM asked us not to pass the bios around as it's a beta bios. Best suggestion is to pm EVGATech_LeeM about getting the bios.
speedysloth
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:29:44 (permalink)
kram36
KingEngineRevUp
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

EVGATech_LeeM asked us not to pass the bios around as it's a beta bios. Best suggestion is to pm EVGATech_LeeM about getting the bios.

kram, were you able run time spy on the hybrid card? Mind posting your results if you did.
03whitegsr
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:30:59 (permalink)
This is good too see. I've been trying to sell my unopened XC3 3080Ti because the fear of getting a card with the poor performance some are seeing in this thread. Feeling better about opening it up and trying it out now. Even if it is a dud out of the box, there might be a fix now.
post edited by 03whitegsr - 2021/08/03 14:32:19
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:38:11 (permalink)
speedysloth
kram36
KingEngineRevUp
kongfra
KingEngineRevUp
ObscureEmpyre

kram, were you able run time spy on the hybrid card? Mind posting your results if you did.

I did a Port Royal run, but forgot the RTX 3070 I have on the same motherboard was knocking the PCIe speed down to PCIe 3.0 x8 when I ran the test. So the score wasn't good, but the card averaged 1810MHz through the run. I'm running video rendering with the beta bios and the card performs just as good as my Hydro Copper. Matter of fact it might even have a better chip then my Hydro Copper card. Too bad the Hydro Copper block cant be swapped onto a regular 3080 Ti XC3.
post edited by kram36 - 2021/08/03 14:40:00
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:41:43 (permalink)
The only air-cooled BIOS I have is for the XC3 Ultra.  While I don't expect issues if your flashed that to an XC3 card, I'm also going to play devil's advocate here and suggest that you wait for our team to provide a BIOS specifically for the XC3 cards.  Assuming the general trend follows, the card will pull more power and be able to also hit higher clocks, which might be a bit out of the XC3's range.  Maybe not.  But I'd rather you wait until our team at least confirms to me that there will be a BIOS for each card.
speedysloth
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:47:13 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
The only air-cooled BIOS I have is for the XC3 Ultra.  While I don't expect issues if your flashed that to an XC3 card, I'm also going to play devil's advocate here and suggest that you wait for our team to provide a BIOS specifically for the XC3 cards.  Assuming the general trend follows, the card will pull more power and be able to also hit higher clocks, which might be a bit out of the XC3's range.  Maybe not.  But I'd rather you wait until our team at least confirms to me that there will be a BIOS for each card.

Just to clarify, you mean the air-cooled BIOS that you have is for the XC3 Ultra which is converted to a hybrid card and not 12G-P5-3953?
Thanks
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:47:54 (permalink)
speedysloth
EVGATech_LeeM

Just to clarify, you mean the air-cooled BIOS that you have is for the XC3 Ultra which is converted to a hybrid card and not 12G-P5-3953?
Thanks

No, the 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra (12G-P5-3955)
speedysloth
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:50:45 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
speedysloth
EVGATech_LeeM

Thanks

Ah okay, I didn't know there was a 12G-P5-3955. Can't find it on the website for some reason. Hopefully we're able to get something for the 3953 version as well.
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 14:58:29 (permalink)
speedysloth
EVGATech_LeeM
speedysloth
EVGATech_LeeM

Thanks

Ah okay, I didn't know there was a 12G-P5-3955. Can't find it on the website for some reason. Hopefully we're able to get something for the 3953 version as well.

I think it's because it's sold out on their website and probably will never come back. This model is usually found at MC, Newegg and Best Buy. I bet all stock of this card will go directly to these brick and mortars. 
kongfra
Superclocked Member
Re: 3080 Ti XC3 Ultra Hydro Copper, low power consumption, hidden power cap? 2021/08/03 15:02:21 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM

Yeah I have 12G-P5-3953-KR which is the base model.  I will wait until you have more info.  Thanks!

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 23 of 29
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile