Helpful Reply2020 Time Zone Challenge

Page: << < ..26 Showing page 26 of 26
Author
yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4642
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 06:00:10 (permalink)
In transit to the next facility!

Attached Image(s)

l2528014
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 16:28:35 (permalink)
Nereus

I sent the 3060Ti to Yodap over a week ago via USPS Priority 2 day mail. It still has not been delivered, and the delivery address is in the same state (NY). To add insult to injury, they double charged my credit card for the shipping, and that's after I gave the regular USPS guy who picked it up a $20 tip for Christmas/New Year... 

I also just found out that despite being the 15th place in the world to order the EKWB plexi+nickel FTW3 GPU block and 5th place in the world to order the nickel back plate, I will apparently be waiting until *at least* February now because of a problem with the nickel back plates (and they won't ship one without the other). Meanwhile those who ordered the same block after me but with the black back plate are already receiving them.

Received my power bill for December, and it was MUCH higher than usual. NYC prices. Unfortunately folding will have to stay on the back burner until I have more $ for power bills. Very frustrating. 2020 sucked, and looks like 2021 is trying hard to compete.

On a positive note, I still have a job and I have not caught the coronavirus *touch wood* ..hope I didn't just jinx it. 

I don't mean to rub it in, but 2020 has been a great year for me. I was born for social distancing. 

Use my Associate Code to grab a considerable discount!                                     Use my Rewards Code to show me your support!
Both while helping me transform my Antikythera mechanism into a beginners Folding rig ;)                  
yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 16:37:54 (permalink)
l2528014
Nereus

I sent the 3060Ti to Yodap over a week ago via USPS Priority 2 day mail. It still has not been delivered, and the delivery address is in the same state (NY). To add insult to injury, they double charged my credit card for the shipping, and that's after I gave the regular USPS guy who picked it up a $20 tip for Christmas/New Year... 

I also just found out that despite being the 15th place in the world to order the EKWB plexi+nickel FTW3 GPU block and 5th place in the world to order the nickel back plate, I will apparently be waiting until *at least* February now because of a problem with the nickel back plates (and they won't ship one without the other). Meanwhile those who ordered the same block after me but with the black back plate are already receiving them.

Received my power bill for December, and it was MUCH higher than usual. NYC prices. Unfortunately folding will have to stay on the back burner until I have more $ for power bills. Very frustrating. 2020 sucked, and looks like 2021 is trying hard to compete.

On a positive note, I still have a job and I have not caught the coronavirus *touch wood* ..hope I didn't just jinx it. 

I don't mean to rub it in, but 2020 has been a great year for me. I was born for social distancing. 

Now that's funny! BR BR BR Come on mods.

STR1D3R_2
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1431
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 17:03:15 (permalink)
yodap
l2528014
Nereus

I hear that! I live close enough to large cities for work but love every weekend in my year round vacation home which btw is where I take my vacations.

Affiliate code E1HEL4HYPS
l2528014
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 17:13:59 (permalink)
STR1D3R_2
yodap
l2528014
Nereus

I hear that! I live close enough to large cities for work but love every weekend in my year round vacation home which btw is where I take my vacations.

My office is in downtown Chicago but I live about 5.5 hrs away in the middle of nowhere. In March we were told not to come to the office anymore and to work from home. I already worked from home and went to the office maybe once every month or two. So I essentially was put on a paid vacation until my normally scheduled layoff in November. We don't know yet if we go back to work in March or if we go back to paid vacation. Either way I'm good because I will have to go to my office less in the name of social distancing. 

Use my Associate Code to grab a considerable discount!                                     Use my Rewards Code to show me your support!
Both while helping me transform my Antikythera mechanism into a beginners Folding rig ;)                  
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/09 22:41:25 (permalink)
l2528014

My office is in downtown Chicago but I live about 5.5 hrs away in the middle of nowhere. In March we were told not to come to the office anymore and to work from home. I already worked from home and went to the office maybe once every month or two. So I essentially was put on a paid vacation until my normally scheduled layoff in November. We don't know yet if we go back to work in March or if we go back to paid vacation. Either way I'm good because I will have to go to my office less in the name of social distancing. 

I've driven too many times, around Chicago (they ever get easy pass or something ? - stopping just as you get back to speed for a $0.10 toll) ... so your saying your 10 to 15 miles from the office  @ 5.5 hrs away ?

Only City mice say - its only so many minutes / hours to drive to & not miles

Country mice go by miles, cause we can actually drive much faster than we walk 

Seriously - Hope work comes you way soon

Left hanging is the worst .. once decisions are made you can do something to change your environment
post edited by Cool GTX - 2021/01/09 22:48:25

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

l2528014
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/11 00:30:12 (permalink)
Cool GTX
l2528014

I've driven too many times, around Chicago (they ever get easy pass or something ? - stopping just as you get back to speed for a $0.10 toll) ... so your saying your 10 to 15 miles from the office  @ 5.5 hrs away ?

They have something like easy pass, but I don't have to hit any tolls. Actually I live almost 5hrs from Chicago proper and another 30 mins or so to my office. It's right at 290 miles. I always time it out, if I drive, to roll in town around 7-8pm and it's not too bad. I take the train if I have work to do on the way and it is about 4hrs to the station and 30-60 mins to the office because it arrives around 11am. Either way is not bad when I plan it out. 

Only City mice say - its only so many minutes / hours to drive to & not miles

The only distance I know real good is how far it is from the crick to possum holler. I might guess it was about a mile, but I know it takes me about 10 mins on my Deere.  

Country mice go by miles, cause we can actually drive much faster than we walk 

I have lived my whole life surrounded by timber and corn or bean fields. My parents' graduating classes had like 4 or 5 people, but they moved us kids closer to a better school district that had around 100 I believe. The closest thing I was to a "big city" was the capital Springfield an hour and a half away and it's around 100k population I think. 

Seriously - Hope work comes you way soon

Oh I'm good. I will have a job either way. I talk to my boss (who was my close friend long beforehand) and we just gossip about whether we are going to start reporting to the office in March or stay on our "paid vacation", because our pay is guaranteed either way. (minus our gas allowance and per diem) I like staying in my county and making the same pay.   

Left hanging is the worst .. once decisions are made you can do something to change your environment
Yeah my line of work follows a 2 year cycle so unless I wanted to settle into a 9-5 stuck in an office for who I'm working for at the end of the cycle, I'm always hanging on to find the best offer to jump on to for the next cycle. I can't do that though. I like working on my own, free to go where I see fit. 

I do appreciate the encouragement though. It's nice to have somewhere to go and enjoy the people I'm conversing with rather than getting paid to act like I do while my soul melts away.  Did you grow up in the country?? 

yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/11 18:56:10 (permalink)
The wagon train made to my house today with the 3060ti, generously donated by Nereus, and will be folding within the 1/2 hour. Thank you Nereus!!

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2816
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/11 19:17:07 (permalink)
Congrats Mr. yodap!

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/12 01:17:45 (permalink)

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/12 01:23:44 (permalink)

notfordman
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10345
  • Ribbons : 28
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/12 09:54:19 (permalink)
Glad it made it, yodap. It will make a good folding card. "Take the long way home"....
favrepeoria
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/12 19:34:41 (permalink)
Glad the 3060ti made it finally. I got a 3700x from Reddit hardwareswap. It shipped on the 30th. Arrived in the 8th with USPS. To add insult, the packaging was open. CPU was still there but it had three bent pins. Got them straightened luckily but jeez does USPS got things so messed up right now.
yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/13 03:52:32 (permalink)
Yeah it seems they were/are totally unprepared for the pandemic and the volume resulting from it. We are still getting time sensitive coupons that expired 3-4 weeks ago. They should downright refuse unsolicited adds and junk mail until things improve.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/13 04:30:19 (permalink)
Unfortunately the “unsolicited ads” pay the usps to deliver them, so if they stop with that, they lose a LOT of funding.
l2528014
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/19 00:37:39 (permalink)
 I received my generous prize a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now getting my crap together to get on here and express my thanks to GTXJackBauer!

It was a brand new Supernova 750GT PSU. I appreciate it and I will put it to good use.

Thanks again,
Terry

post edited by l2528014 - 2021/01/19 00:38:51

Attached Image(s)

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/21 03:19:06 (permalink)
l2528014
 I received my generous prize a couple of weeks ago and I'm just now getting my crap together to get on here and express my thanks to GTXJackBauer!

It was a brand new Supernova 750GT PSU. I appreciate it and I will put it to good use.

Thanks again,
Terry

Glad to see you got it and it's going to be put in good use.  Give her hell!  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2816
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/21 06:01:46 (permalink)
Congrats l2528014! 

Thanks to GTXJackBauer for one of several generous donations!

Always amazed to see the continued generosity of this community!!

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
l2528014
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/24 15:54:44 (permalink)
troy8d
Congrats l2528014! 

Thanks to GTXJackBauer for one of several generous donations!

Always amazed to see the continued generosity of this community!!

Yeah It's making me want to upgrade my donation efforts lol

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: 2020 Time Zone Challenge 2021/01/25 05:45:34 (permalink)
Unpinning this thread

a Big - Thank you - to all who donated prizes for the contest

In the meantime, Keep folding for the greater good

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page: << < ..26 Showing page 26 of 26
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile