EVGA

FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 06:32:39 (permalink)
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood
Can someone please explain to me in what scenario would someone be walking in public with a rifle or shotgun?

Why should anyone need a reason to exercise a right.

Just because it a right doesn't mean it makes sense

Just because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean people should be forbidden from exercising that right. You can't just walk around waving/pointing the gun at people.

The main reason people open carry rifles in Texas, was to point out it's legal to do it and to protest the law not allowing open carry of modern pistols.

First off nowhere did I say anything about forbidding anything
Secondly carrying a gun or even having one is a privilege not a right
Thirdly protesting over not being able to carry a gun in the open is silly and a waste of time when there are some many other things that are incredibly more important to protest about.

Seriously, people in Texas are tripping about not being able to show off their guns while walking down the street

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Seems to me having a gun is a right, not a privilege. 

Also I feel it should be pointed out, the reason we are all armed is to ensure our rights can not be infringed, sadly most American's are onboard with the government taking our rights anyway, for whatever excuse seems reasonable. Protect Children, Terrorism, Civil Rights. Instead of educating people and then letting people suffer the conquences of their own actions, you now have punishment for hate speech, because your not allowed to use your freedom to say mean things. We are being told in many states we for instance can't smoke in a car or house with Children Present or being told we can't allow the kids to play outside unsupervised because every other person alive is a predator. 

Our right to bear arms was meant to make sure this didn't happen, but no one cared.
post edited by candle_86 - 2015/06/07 06:44:36
MrImSoGood
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1285
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 12:42:47 (permalink)
candle_86
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood
Can someone please explain to me in what scenario would someone be walking in public with a rifle or shotgun?

Just because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean people should be forbidden from exercising that right. You can't just walk around waving/pointing the gun at people.

The main reason people open carry rifles in Texas, was to point out it's legal to do it and to protest the law not allowing open carry of modern pistols.

Thirdly protesting over not being able to carry a gun in the open is silly and a waste of time when there are some many other things that are incredibly more important to protest about.

Seriously, people in Texas are tripping about not being able to show off their guns while walking down the street

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Also I feel it should be pointed out, the reason we are all armed is to ensure our rights can not be infringed, sadly most American's are onboard with the government taking our rights anyway, for whatever excuse seems reasonable. Protect Children, Terrorism, Civil Rights. Instead of educating people and then letting people suffer the consequences of their own actions, you now have punishment for hate speech, because your not allowed to use your freedom to say mean things. We are being told in many states we for instance can't smoke in a car or house with Children Present or being told we can't allow the kids to play outside unsupervised because every other person alive is a predator. 

Our right to bear arms was meant to make sure this didn't happen, but no one cared.

It was a right to carry a gun back in the 1700s, now it's more of a privilege

So you think you should have the right to smoke in a house with kids around? What about their right now to be subjected to 2nd hand smoke and possible cancer
And why would anyone want to leave their kid(s) outside unsupervised?

JustinHEMI
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 886
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 13:29:09 (permalink)
LOLWUT?

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 13:37:36 (permalink)
MrImSoGood
candle_86
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood
MSim
MrImSoGood

Also I feel it should be pointed out, the reason we are all armed is to ensure our rights can not be infringed, sadly most American's are onboard with the government taking our rights anyway, for whatever excuse seems reasonable. Protect Children, Terrorism, Civil Rights. Instead of educating people and then letting people suffer the consequences of their own actions, you now have punishment for hate speech, because your not allowed to use your freedom to say mean things. We are being told in many states we for instance can't smoke in a car or house with Children Present or being told we can't allow the kids to play outside unsupervised because every other person alive is a predator. 

So you think you should have the right to smoke in a house with kids around? What about their right now to be subjected to 2nd hand smoke and possible cancer

Free range children seem to be doing very well... There's a woman who let her son ride on the subway by himself at 10 years of age... He's 17 now and appreciates the responsibility... I'll let my kids outside unsupervised... Yes I do think I have a right to smoke in my house even with children, especially since there's been research showing second hand smoke was over reacted too.... It's still a right not a privelige.... I also say driving is a right not a privelige...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
  • Total Posts : 3751
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 15:09:37 (permalink)
I'm dying from cancer from second hand smoke from living with my grand father that smoked 2 packs a day in a house and a car I had no choice in being in. I glad to know you think it a right to kill children against their will for your fix.
driving on government roads is a privilege, driving around your own private land is more close to a right.
defense of ourselves with what ever weapon is common for the times is a right that some in a time of perceived comfort and complacency are trying to turn it into a privilege. Those same people will be the first to cry when they need that right to save their person.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 16:33:40 (permalink)
wrinvert
I'm dying from cancer from second hand smoke from living with my grand father that smoked 2 packs a day in a house and a car I had no choice in being in. I glad to know you think it a right to kill children against their will for your fix.
driving on government roads is a privilege, driving around your own private land is more close to a right.
defense of ourselves with what ever weapon is common for the times is a right that some in a time of perceived comfort and complacency are trying to turn it into a privilege. Those same people will be the first to cry when they need that right to save their person.
Your cancer has been proven as direct result from the second hand smoke and nothing else? I agree with the weapons part however we paid for the roads therefore it's a right to use them... Along with driving a vehicle... I don't see why we need a license to operate a vehicle... I never said its okay to kill children to get a fix I just pointed out that research shows it was an overreaction and scare tactic from the media, like everything else....

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 16:58:19 (permalink)
You and every other tax payer before and after you paid for those roads also. So your stuck using the rules set by those elected of the masses.

So to prove my point:
I also paid in some part for them and I don't want to driving on them at all. Whos choice is honored?

Your view of it being a right is self entitlement.

As for the cancer, no 100% proof that's impossible. But it has the highest probable cause based on type and genetic history. I mean it killed him first...
post edited by wrinvert - 2015/06/07 17:02:00

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 17:25:01 (permalink)
wrinvert
You and every other tax payer before and after you paid for those roads also. So your stuck using the rules set by those elected of the masses.

So to prove my point:
I also paid in some part for them and I don't want to driving on them at all. Whos choice is honored?

As for the cancer, no 100% proof that's impossible. But it has the highest probable cause based on type and genetic history. I mean it killed him first...
I don't think it's self entitlement.... If I had my way roads would be privately owned and maintained... If you don't want to drive on the roads that's your right but you can't dictate who can't and can't... It's the same thing with my ownership of guns and whether or not I open carry... Just because someone doesn't want me to open carry they have no right to try and pass a law to keep me from doing it (on a federal level state level they do)... I think we both agree that no one has any business to tell you or I what we can and can't own...

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 18:16:23 (permalink)
You open carry doesn't hurt or directly affect anyone other then their perception, but that's their problem. Open carry in itself does nothing in respect to actions happening around it.

How ever public roads are a much more complicated entity. Without a common set of rules that all must follow there would be a complete breakdown of the entire system. Even privately owned much like a HOA you have rules and regulations that will grant you a privilege to use it. Don't follow the rules they will fine or remove your privilege to live there.

And again "If i had my way" in reference to something you in no way own is self entitlement.

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 19:14:39 (permalink)
wrinvert

So to prove my point:

Within someones demesne, you're darn right it's their right to smoke. Kids or no kids.

And btw, cancer free, with parents who smoked...my Dad? 4 packs a day.

[REMOVED]

Yes, I know I'm saying "bad" things. Don't care. Tired of people trying to strip me of my rights, simply because THEY don't like them

DON'T UTILIZE THEM, BUT STOP TRYING TO STRIP PEOPLE OF THEM.

Edit by Jedi:  Removed a personal attack.
post edited by NordicJedi - 2015/06/08 21:25:10

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/07 20:07:08 (permalink)
But it does happen, even one case is one to many when your risking others lives. Especially childern. Over a drug fix...

It's not a right since many states now have laws against this.

And thank you. Have a nice day.
post edited by wrinvert - 2015/06/07 20:09:07

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 00:30:53 (permalink)
Here is a nice video to educate everyone about the laws of open carry in Texas as well as just a bit on carrying in general

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 02:05:44 (permalink)
We have the right to travel on public road ways for noncommercial activities. Just be ready to be hassled by police nonstop if you do it. When's the last time you seen a Amish person at the DMV getting a drivers license.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Here is a nice video to educate everyone about the laws of open carry in Texas as well as just a bit on carrying in general

I'm surprised US Law Shield keeps that video online with such poor audio.  

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 07:21:49 (permalink)
Sim, yes they do for motor vehicles which they do drive. And yes I used to spend a lot of time at the dmv for work so I've seen it. Also their buggies here in PA have to follow a vehicle code as well as traffic laws.

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 07:40:03 (permalink)
MrImSoGood

Please for the love of all... enough with the mega quote guys??  Just quote the part you want to quote, dont be lazy.

Rights back then are the same rights now.  The only thing that has changed is the guns themselves, and sadly peoples perception of them.  People used guns to hunt and put food on the table far more often then they do today.  Now you just go to the grocery store to get food.  Just because you don't need a weapon to put food on the table doesn't make the 2nd amendment obsolete. 

As for the smoking? As much as I HATE dirty smokers it is their right to smoke.  I feel bad for smokers because they tax the crap out of it.  Imagine the government taxing something you enjoy? Imagine they taxed PC gaming or something?  It is my right however to not smell it, so I support no smoking in enclosed spaces.  I do remember going to diners and them asking "smoking, or non-smoking" sections. 

There was a point where the NYC mayor wanted to ban large soft drinks in NYC.  What right does he have to ban them?  Its your right to be a fat slob in this country.  As much as I despise it, its still your right to do so, and THAT is what its about.  Whether or not you plan to use whatever right this county has, its there for you.  His gesture was slightly noble since people cant seem to control their sugar intake so he wanted to do it for them.  But it goes back to its their right to kill themselves.  I just wish I had a right to deny their universal healthcare... but that's a whole new Pandora's box on this thread which is barely clinging to the tracks as it is. 

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 07:54:43 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

wow, what awful quality.  and WOW, all those guys that walk around with weapons and bait the cops to stopping them to say, "am I being detained"?  they can now be detained in texas.  Cops have the right to stop you JUST because you are openly carrying  (1:17)
wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 13:52:36 (permalink)
If people want to smoke and risk it on them selves fine by me, zero issues here. For me it's when others are trapped and have now way to get away from it I have issue.

Nate I do agree with your taxING point.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 18:41:05 (permalink)
Will still see people open carrying rifles just to see if cops use the new law to try and demand them to show id.

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 19:10:03 (permalink)
I understand why they do it buy I just don't get it.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 21:32:03 (permalink)
nateman_doo

As for the smoking? As much as I HATE dirty smokers it is their right to smoke.  I feel bad for smokers because they tax the crap out of it.  Imagine the government taxing something you enjoy? Imagine they taxed PC gaming or something?  It is my right however to not smell it, so I support no smoking in enclosed spaces.  I do remember going to diners and them asking "smoking, or non-smoking" sections. 

I hate smoking...I just passed the 3 year mark being smoke free in April. I disagree with your take on the taxation. Even when I smoked I understood the taxation (even heavier in Canada). Looking at the U.S. you guys subsidize healthcare at around $.25 on every tax dollar collected. Yet smoking related diseases are a preventable thing. PC gaming doesn't quite cause the huge drain on the medical system that smoking and obesity does. We are free to smoke, but because smokers are a disproportionate burden on the health care system, they should help subsidize the very service they will eventually need.

Now, if no tax dollars went to healthcare/obamacare/Nixon-scam whatever you want to call it then sure I would agree with you....no taxation on smokers because they would bear the full financial burden of thier decisions.....as it is now, we all do.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/08 22:41:35 (permalink)
wrinvert
I understand why they do it buy I just don't get it.

It all comes down to how people are treated by law enforcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9RZnLsTu8

Video above is perfect example. A person open carries, later on the police visit his home. they threaten to arrest him for disorderly conduct if he opens carries again.

The founder of Open Carry Texas started it due to how he was treated by Police.

post edited by MSim - 2015/06/08 22:49:08

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 00:09:04 (permalink)
kaninja
nateman_doo

I hate smoking...I just passed the 3 year mark being smoke free in April. I disagree with your take on the taxation. Even when I smoked I understood the taxation (even heavier in Canada). Looking at the U.S. you guys subsidize healthcare at around $.25 on every tax dollar collected. Yet smoking related diseases are a preventable thing. PC gaming doesn't quite cause the huge drain on the medical system that smoking and obesity does. We are free to smoke, but because smokers are a disproportionate burden on the health care system, they should help subsidize the very service they will eventually need.

Now, if no tax dollars went to healthcare/obamacare/Nixon-scam whatever you want to call it then sure I would agree with you....no taxation on smokers because they would bear the full financial burden of thier decisions.....as it is now, we all do.
The ACA is just one big cost shifting scheme...

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 03:44:34 (permalink)
MSim

It all comes down to how people are treated by law enforcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9RZnLsTu8

Video above is perfect example. A person open carries, later on the police visit his home. they threaten to arrest him for disorderly conduct if he opens carries again.

The founder of Open Carry Texas started it due to how he was treated by Police.

WOW!!! Now that is freaking stupid. How can this man be charged with disorderly conduct when he is not breaking the law. The law states you CAN NOT be charged with an offense when no offense has be committed. Like the gentleman said its LEGAL to open carry a LONG GUN. Another thing is that this man will be carrying his long gun in the position that is known of no threat with a chamber flag in place.  

You know how the man in the video said he marched in Temple with about 500 people open carrying their rifles, well when he said Temple, it reminded me of this video with a veteran open carrying his rifle walking along a country road with his son for boy scouts and was later arrested. He too was not breaking any law and he was charged. As in post #3 I explained that its perfectly legal to open carry a rifle/shotgun and no license is required to do so.  What really aggravates me is I guess according to the officers the uneducated ignorance of people is qualified as "calculated to cause alarm." But as stated before the man will be carrying his rifle known as the rest position instead of the ready position with a chamber flag. Now what is the point of allowing open carry of long rifles to be legal in Texas if you cant do it in the first place because some dummy gets scared from the site of a gun? See this is what happens when you have the lame stream media and Hollywood brainwashing people about guns.

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 07:27:18 (permalink)
kaninja

Congrats!! Your not a dirty smoker :)  (I use the term loosely to everyone that smokes, my 5 year old started staying it a while back and the term just stuck, like "daddy daughter day" and things of that nature)

I honestly don't know the breakdown of the taxes, but if the smokers taxes go into healthcare then by all means.  Your right, they hare a huge drain and I have to pay for it... no thanks.  I just knew they were taxed, but not the how's and whys.  I never really cared since it was up to them to do their own lobbying against taxes. 

I just thought that was wrong as hell to tax something that people like.  I just figured if they taxed tools, or scrap-booking stuff, or any other hobby that people like it wouldn't be fair.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 07:40:41 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

WOW!!! Now that is freaking stupid. How can this man be charged with disorderly conduct when he is not breaking the law. The law states you CAN NOT be charged with an offense when no offense has be committed. Like the gentleman said its LEGAL to open carry a LONG GUN. Another thing is that this man will be carrying his long gun in the position that is known of no threat with a chamber flag in place.  

You know how the man in the video said he marched in Temple with about 500 people open carrying their rifles, well when he said Temple, it reminded me of this video with a veteran open carrying his rifle walking along a country road with his son for boy scouts and was later arrested. He too was not breaking any law and he was charged. As in post #3 I explained that its perfectly legal to open carry a rifle/shotgun and no license is required to do so.  What really aggravates me is I guess according to the officers the uneducated ignorance of people is qualified as "calculated to cause alarm." But as stated before the man will be carrying his rifle known as the rest position instead of the ready position with a chamber flag. Now what is the point of allowing open carry of long rifles to be legal in Texas if you cant do it in the first place because some dummy gets scared from the site of a gun? See this is what happens when you have the lame stream media and Hollywood brainwashing people about guns.

That guy in the video you posted is the one who started Open Carry Texas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ofQJ1-qsrg

paragon21xx
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 09:26:09 (permalink)
BF3PRO
Yes I do think I have a right to smoke in my house even with children, especially since there's been research showing second hand smoke was over reacted too.... It's still a right not a privelige....

Go tell that to my diabetic grandmother who also developed MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome) which causes her to always be out of energy and needs to have a shot that costs $300 every month to live precisely because my grandfather smoked around her constantly. Tell her yourself that second hand smoke is not that big of deal and thus you have every right to possibly inflict any disorder or disease upon others.

My Mods Rigs: http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=34555 (please give a +1 if you like it )
Mobo: Asus GRYPHON Z97
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz
RAM: 2x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 2000MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ @ 1250 MHz Core (1326 MHz Boost), 7776 MHz Mem
wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 14:30:25 (permalink)
Sim like I said I understand why the do the rifle walks I personally don't want the hassle. You should see the looks I get when people pass by when I'm loading up my truck to goto the range.
post edited by wrinvert - 2015/06/09 14:32:24

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 16:15:03 (permalink)
bill1024
paragon21xx
BF3PRO
Yes I do think I have a right to smoke in my house even with children, especially since there's been research showing second hand smoke was over reacted too.... It's still a right not a privelige....

Go tell that to my diabetic grandmother who also developed MDS (myelodysplastic syndrome) which causes her to always be out of energy and needs to have a shot that costs $300 every month to live precisely because my grandfather smoked around her constantly. Tell her yourself that second hand smoke is not that big of deal and thus you have every right to possibly inflict any disorder or disease upon others.

My father-in-law developed Emphysema from working in a small store with 2 smokers and a smoker at home.
He never smoked.

Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to a pack of Newports?

I have to do this quick rant but where does it say in the constitution you have the right to travel or have children, or be able to start your own business, or be able to own private property? Those that I listed are not listed in the Bill of Rights. BUT here is the thing, have you ever heard of the Ninth Amendment? Well the Ninth Amendment takes care of that. It basically says that the constitution does not have to be a comprehensible list of what you can and can not do. I mean come on there is no way in heck that the founding fathers can label EVERYTHING that is your natural God given rights. So that is why the Ninth Amendment is in place. So in the constitution you do have the right to have a pack of Newports because you have the right to put whatever YOU want in your body not the government. 

But anyways can we please get back on track about open carry/guns.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 16:15:03 (permalink)
Double post sorry.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/09 16:25:06 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
bill1024
paragon21xx
BF3PRO

My father-in-law developed Emphysema from working in a small store with 2 smokers and a smoker at home.
He never smoked.

Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to a pack of Newports?

I have to do this quick rant but where does it say in the constitution you have the right to travel or have children, or be able to start your own business, or be able to own private property? Those that I listed are not listed in the Bill of Rights. BUT here is the thing, have you ever heard of the Ninth Amendment? Well the Ninth Amendment takes care of that. It basically says that the constitution does not have to be a comprehensible list of what you can and can not do. I mean come on there is no way in heck that the founding fathers can label EVERYTHING that is your natural God given rights. So that is why the Ninth Amendment is in place. So in the constitution you do have the right to have a pack of Newports because you have the right to put whatever YOU want in your body not the government. 

But anyways can we please get back on track about open carry/guns.
The fourth amendment implies a right to private property...

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile