EVGA

FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/05/31 19:54:46 (permalink)
bill1024
Lets start with parents teaching their kids right from wrong and some work ethic.
Then maybe we would not need a gun to protect ourselves. Tech them it is cool to stay in school.
Stop breaking up families by not giving support to the moms when the father lives in the house. Let the fathers live there and help the whole family.
How about relaxing some regulations and make it easier on business to get established and create some jobs.
We hardly make anything here anymore. Making things is a dirty business. Most all steel mills are gone, most electronics are made over seas.
Maybe there would not be so much crime if we did not glorify people who resist arrest and vilify the police for doing their job.
Most all the the people getting shot by the police have two things in common. Long arrest records and resisting arrest.
Decline of the family, no education and no morals. What do you expect to happen. Crime, gangs and drug dealers.
That is why we need guns.

You make some good points Bill. I disagree with relaxing regulation due to businesses and the financial sectors proven history of making decisions that jeopardize the public's best interest and look only to pad their own pockets. After decades of deregulation we see the largest financial inequality in the history of the U.S. What we do know is there is a third thing that those that are both victims of gun violence and those that are the perpetrators of have in common.....poverty.

My Grandfather was murdered in Hawaii in 1980 while on vacation. I was only 4 years old, but when I got older I needed answers of how this happened....or at least what might have been contributing factors besides "some evil man stabbed him to death in his hotel room". It turned out 1980 was one of the worst years economically in Hawaii's history with rampant unemployment and poverty levels.....the worst in their history. I later did a paper in school that showed the same thing not just in the U.S. but around the world....as poverty levels rise so do the violent crime and murder rates.

So instead of worying about guns, I say lets look at the entire landscape and see what is really happening. There should not be so much poverty in the wealthiest nation on Earth.....work on that and the rest will follow.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/05/31 20:01:50 (permalink)
kaninja
bill1024
Lets start with parents teaching their kids right from wrong and some work ethic.
Then maybe we would not need a gun to protect ourselves. Tech them it is cool to stay in school.
Stop breaking up families by not giving support to the moms when the father lives in the house. Let the fathers live there and help the whole family.
How about relaxing some regulations and make it easier on business to get established and create some jobs.
We hardly make anything here anymore. Making things is a dirty business. Most all steel mills are gone, most electronics are made over seas.
Maybe there would not be so much crime if we did not glorify people who resist arrest and vilify the police for doing their job.
Most all the the people getting shot by the police have two things in common. Long arrest records and resisting arrest.
Decline of the family, no education and no morals. What do you expect to happen. Crime, gangs and drug dealers.
That is why we need guns.

You make some good points Bill. I disagree with relaxing regulation due to businesses and the financial sectors proven history of making decisions that jeopardize the public's best interest and look only to pad their own pockets. After decades of deregulation we see the largest financial inequality in the history of the U.S. What we do know is there is a third thing that those that are both victims of gun violence and those that are the perpetrators of have in common.....poverty.

My Grandfather was murdered in Hawaii in 1980 while on vacation. I was only 4 years old, but when I got older I needed answers of how this happened....or at least what might have been contributing factors besides "some evil man stabbed him to death in his hotel room". It turned out 1980 was one of the worst years economically in Hawaii's history with rampant unemployment and poverty levels.....the worst in their history. I later did a paper in school that showed the same thing not just in the U.S. but around the world....as poverty levels rise so do the violent crime and murder rates.

So instead of worying about guns, I say lets look at the entire landscape and see what is really happening. There should not be so much poverty in the wealthiest nation on Earth.....work on that and the rest will follow.
I don't really think it's deregulation doing that... It's more the government picking which ones to help and which ones not too help... Under bush we saw some of the heaviest business regulations and the Obama administration has dereged cronies and made it harder for true capitalists... I just think that if everyone did what they wanted as long as they didn't hurt anyone that'd be fine but people worry about what others do... That's why I like all the Canadians I know... They mind their own business and don't really try and control others...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Greenfire
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/05/31 20:14:25 (permalink)
Sure, all the pop-up gold rush towns like Tombstone, and cattle stops like Dodge City and Abilene would say different. I've lived in AZ (Casa Grande, Phoenix area, Ft. Huachuca, and Harquahala Valley) and Tex-ass (Mesquite, Kerrville, Ft. Hood, and El Paso) so I've done a bit of local history there.

Some of you guys should quit living vicariously through old history. We have electricity now, and things like good public sanitation and motor cars.

i5-8400 | MSI Z370-A Pro | G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666 2x8GB | EVGA GTX-1060/6GB SSC | NEC EA244WMi | WD storage | XFX XPS Black Edition 750w | Cooler Master Stacker & Noctua air | ASUS Xonar DX & audioengine 5 spkrs
Greenfire
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/05/31 20:29:08 (permalink)
BF3PRO
I don't really think it's deregulation doing that... It's more the government picking which ones to help and which ones not too help... Under bush we saw some of the heaviest business regulations and the Obama administration has dereged cronies and made it harder for true capitalists... I just think that if everyone did what they wanted as long as they didn't hurt anyone that'd be fine but people worry about what others do... That's why I like all the Canadians I know... They mind their own business and don't really try and control others...

Well that's about as backward or opposite from what the reality is on every point you mentioned that it's clear the propagandists have done a good job on you. That's not being rhetorical or snide, I mean you've actually bought into this BS and have internalized it.

Nothing more to say here. 

i5-8400 | MSI Z370-A Pro | G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666 2x8GB | EVGA GTX-1060/6GB SSC | NEC EA244WMi | WD storage | XFX XPS Black Edition 750w | Cooler Master Stacker & Noctua air | ASUS Xonar DX & audioengine 5 spkrs
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/05/31 21:09:32 (permalink)
Greenfire
BF3PRO

Well that's about as backward or opposite from what the reality is on every point you mentioned that it's clear the propagandists have done a good job on you. That's not being rhetorical or snide, I mean you've actually bought into this BS and have internalized it.

Nothing more to say here. 

I don't know what you're talking about... I haven't bought into any propaganda... Can you please point out which propaganda you think me victim to? Again you may be familiar with the local history but I get paid to know history like I know my house (I helped design my house so yeah) I'm also pretty well versed in business law and regs passed under Cliton, Bush, and Obama... Obama has dereged more than bush ever did... Do you have a problem with individual freedom or do you enjoy collective freedom?
post edited by BF3PRO - 2015/05/31 21:13:07

Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 06:02:31 (permalink)
I spoke with a friend of mine who is a cop, and his primary concern is the the wrong people will openly carry. For instance, only those people like in YouTube videos who deliberately draw attention from cops to get a rise out of them. I think it's a valid point.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
JustinHEMI
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 886
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 07:50:44 (permalink)
I don't think it's valid because his feelings or concerns are irrelevant to our rights. And, those aren't the only people that open carry. In fact, they're the minority of open carriers.

In any case, if cops respected the rights of people, no one would be trying to get a rise out of them.

People behaving poorly also is irrelevant to my rights.

Justin
post edited by JustinHEMI - 2015/06/01 07:52:20

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 09:45:34 (permalink)
Just gonna throw out there that cops open carry and carry into schools...

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 10:24:01 (permalink)
Greenfire
Where were those "liberty" types when after Katrina, the evul gubmint of Shrub went around New Orleans knocking on doors and confiscating legally registered firearms, even from the card-carrying NRA freaks, because "looters"?

They coughed up their guuuns like good little scared sheep is what they did. There was no one 'taking their liberty back' or 'standin' up for mah 2nd Amendment RIGHTS!", and there won't ever be. It's all hot air because when push comes to shove, when they first clap eyes on a uniform they'll all bow down and do what they're told like shaky robots.

Scared sheep?  So if numerous armed persons came to your house, what would you do?  I think the term your looking for is COMPLY, not bow down like a shaky robot.  The actions taken by the police were DEAD WRONG.

Lets look at this 2 ways...  You hear a banging at your door, you open the house door and you are confronted by 2 scenarios.  Since you still have a screen door your afforded a moment (lets give you 5 seconds) to analyze the situation.

Scenario 1:  Cops.
They have body armor, firearms experience, superior numbers, tactical training, and backup.  They come to your door and threaten you in an offensive posture that they are taking your guns.  Whether they were right or wrong, anyone who is a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is going to do what the police ask.  shaky robots?  What law abiding citizen wants another Waco compound shootout??  This was a VERY localized incident. If you manage to kill all the cops at that particular moment, they will all descend upon you with everything they have.  You fight these things in court after they happen but your still alive to do so.

Scenario 2: Thugs.
They have no body armor, possibly slight experience with their weapons, superior numbers, no tactical training, and limited backup.  They come to your door and threaten in the same offensive posture that they are going to take EVERYTHING YOU OWN (not just your guns) likely kill you.  You have to fight back, because you are in the right to exercise lethal force.  If you kill them all on the spot, your have stood your ground and no more attacks will likely happen.  If nothing else the police will show up and file a report.

While people have different opinions about open carry, I will submit this little bit of logic:
Does anyone mess with cops?  No.  Why?  Because they open carry.
Will you walk up and assault a person with a gun on their hip?  NO.  why?  because they can shoot you.

You can mess with anyone, but you don't know if they are carrying a concealed weapon on them.  So its at your own peril in texas, meanwhile most of us here in Jersey.. its hunting season year round.  The open carry takes the guess work out of it. 

I am going to take a guess that you aren't a parent?  When you know how defenseless you truly are and your children lives can be ended in horrific fashion before your very eyes, you will know why people carry.  If you are, then well... life is good for you in your little bubble.

The cops are supposed to be the good guys.  I think what they did was dead wrong, but this again was a VERY unique circumstance and the order to confiscate the weapons was probably brought about by a politician that has the same mindset as you do.  It should bother everyone how the police acted.  Just imagine if they took something YOU cared about, like your bowl of Kashi, or granola or something.  The fact that it happened to gun owners is where you don't care, but if they took the paper of the college campus protesters... oh boy you would be singing about the 1st amendment.  And then you would understand how ignorant you sound and how angered we are that their second amendment right was taken.

Greenfire
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 12:09:05 (permalink)
nateman_doo

Scared sheep?  So if numerous armed persons came to your house, what would you do?  I think the term your looking for is COMPLY, not bow down like a shaky robot.  The actions taken by the police were DEAD WRONG.

Lets look at this 2 ways...  You hear a banging at your door, you open the house door and you are confronted by 2 scenarios.  Since you still have a screen door your afforded a moment (lets give you 5 seconds) to analyze the situation.

They have body armor, firearms experience, superior numbers, tactical training, and backup.  They come to your door and threaten you in an offensive posture that they are taking your guns.  Whether they were right or wrong, anyone who is a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN is going to do what the police ask.  shaky robots?  What law abiding citizen wants another Waco compound shootout??  This was a VERY localized incident. If you manage to kill all the cops at that particular moment, they will all descend upon you with everything they have.  You fight these things in court after they happen but your still alive to do so.

They have no body armor, possibly slight experience with their weapons, superior numbers, no tactical training, and limited backup.  They come to your door and threaten in the same offensive posture that they are going to take EVERYTHING YOU OWN (not just your guns) likely kill you.  You have to fight back, because you are in the right to exercise lethal force.  If you kill them all on the spot, your have stood your ground and no more attacks will likely happen.  If nothing else the police will show up and file a report.

While people have different opinions about open carry, I will submit this little bit of logic:
Will you walk up and assault a person with a gun on their hip?  NO.  why?  because they can shoot you.

You can mess with anyone, but you don't know if they are carrying a concealed weapon on them.  So its at your own peril in texas, meanwhile most of us here in Jersey.. its hunting season year round.  The open carry takes the guess work out of it. 

I am going to take a guess that you aren't a parent?  When you know how defenseless you truly are and your children lives can be ended in horrific fashion before your very eyes, you will know why people carry.  If you are, then well... life is good for you in your little bubble.

The cops are supposed to be the good guys.  I think what they did was dead wrong, but this again was a VERY unique circumstance and the order to confiscate the weapons was probably brought about by a politician that has the same mindset as you do.  It should bother everyone how the police acted.  Just imagine if they took something YOU cared about, like your bowl of Kashi, or granola or something.  The fact that it happened to gun owners is where you don't care, but if they took the paper of the college campus protesters... oh boy you would be singing about the 1st amendment.  And then you would understand how ignorant you sound and how angered we are that their second amendment right was taken.

Your guess is wrong. I have two daughters but that's irrelevant to the point I made earlier. The authorities confiscating legal owners' firearms door-to-door after Katrina like the Gestapo had nothing to do with open carry.

Let's remember that it was the Bush admin., which was heavily supported by the NRA and most gun nuts. My point was that we didn't see any of these self-proclaimed tough guy "liberty lovers" or rabid 2nd Amendment supporters doing anything about having their guns taken illegally by the evul gubmint. They caved like the chicken hawk blowhards most of them are, (just like their "I'm a WAR Preznit!" Shrub, Dickless Cheney, and several others got out of the Vietnam War he/they should have served in. FWIW, as an Army vet I found that quite despicable.) But we didn't see any opposition armed militias materialize that the gun nuts fantasize about, or AFAIK not even scattered individual push back on those illegal confiscations.

You guys let us know when/if you decide to get an armed militia together to oppose the fascist gov't + corporations that we've had since at least 2000. What are you brave patriots waiting for? Isn't Jefferson's 'Tree of Liberty' long overdue for some refreshing with the blood of patriots and tyrants? If what has happened in the last 15 years isn't enough to "take back your liberty", what would be?

I won't be holding my breath. I'm also done with this ridiculous thread.

post edited by Greenfire - 2015/06/01 12:17:39

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 12:51:59 (permalink)
Greenfire
nateman_doo

Your guess is wrong. I have two daughters but that's irrelevant to the point I made earlier. The authorities confiscating legal owners' firearms door-to-door after Katrina like the Gestapo had nothing to do with open carry.

Let's remember that it was the Bush admin., which was heavily supported by the NRA and most gun nuts. My point was that we didn't see any of these self-proclaimed tough guy "liberty lovers" or rabid 2nd Amendment supporters doing anything about having their guns taken illegally by the evul gubmint. They caved like the chicken hawk blowhards most of them are, (just like their "I'm a WAR Preznit!" Shrub, Dickless Cheney, and several others got out of the Vietnam War he/they should have served in. FWIW, as an Army vet I found that quite despicable.) But we didn't see any opposition armed militias materialize that the gun nuts fantasize about, or AFAIK not even scattered individual push back on those illegal confiscations.

You guys let us know when/if you decide to get an armed militia together to oppose the fascist gov't + corporations that we've had since at least 2000. What are you brave patriots waiting for? Isn't Jefferson's 'Tree of Liberty' long overdue for some refreshing with the blood of patriots and tyrants? If what has happened in the last 15 years isn't enough to "take back your liberty", what would be?

Guess you've never been to West Virginia....

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:02:38 (permalink)
Ok, I have to say this. If someone that knew nothing of the U.S. read some of the scenarios in this thread they in no way would ever want to go to the U.S......it seems like it is some post apocalyptic Road Warrior like world where it is everyone for themselves trying to not be killed by Lord Humongous and his psychopathic nomads.

Just saying.....

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MrImSoGood
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1285
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:07:09 (permalink)
BF3PRONo one was saying you're against guns... Scenarios don't matter the fact that the police carry is reason enough for me to as well...

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:08:53 (permalink)
MrImSoGood
BF3PRONo one was saying you're against guns... Scenarios don't matter the fact that the police carry is reason enough for me to as well...

Freedom of choice my friend... I choose to enjoy tobacco nothing beats the taste of a fine cigar with a refreshing libation...

MrImSoGood
FTW Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:12:51 (permalink)
BF3PRO
MrImSoGood

Freedom of choice my friend... I choose to enjoy tobacco nothing beats the taste of a fine cigar with a refreshing libation...

LOL! The things people do with there choices

This thread has gotten so far off track
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:21:23 (permalink)
This is so getting locked...

Anyways,  
    I think this will be a great social experiment. A lot of people say "well if everyone has a gun than gun crime would drop". This will be a great test.

MrImSoGood
FTW Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:24:56 (permalink)
bill1024
kaninja
Ok, I have to say this. If someone that knew nothing of the U.S. read some of the scenarios in this thread they in no way would ever want to go to the U.S......it seems like it is some post apocalyptic Road Warrior like world where it is everyone for themselves trying to not be killed by Lord Humongous and his psychopathic nomads.

Just saying.....

There are places where the average person would not stand a chance walking around late on a hot Summer night.
There are neighborhoods where I know I don't belong, so I don't go there. Even though I lived there when I was younger, I did not go walking around at night in the Summertime.
Most likely you will not be killed but stand a very good chance of being robbed. When that happens things can go bad in a heartbeat.
Even if I was armed to the hilt, why go there? Nothing there worth the trouble.

You'd be surprise at some of the places people will go
Had a cousin that use to drive to the bad part of town to it's worst neighbor just to hook up with this chick he was seeing
Over the course of 2 years his card was broken into 10 times, stole 3 times, and striped twice.
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 13:27:16 (permalink)
bill1024
People with guns kill 13,000 a year, smoking kills 400,00 people a year, cars 25,000 a year, alcohol/drugs 200,000 a year, abortion 5,000 a day

Obesity - 300,000 per year. Smoking and sugar are the real killers.
post edited by kaninja - 2015/06/01 13:28:31

JustinHEMI
SSC Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 14:51:14 (permalink)
seth89
This is so getting locked...

Anyways,  
    I think this will be a great social experiment. A lot of people say "well if everyone has a gun than gun crime would drop". This will be a great test.

A lot of people say that guns in the hands of civilians is blood in the streets. Every time gun rights are expanded, they say that. When the idiot AWB of the 90's expired, they said that.

Yet, blood doesn't run in the streets.

Justin

| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 23:05:14 (permalink)
We haven't locked this thread yet but we've received some complaints. Please stay on topic, no insults, and post professionally. We also ask everyone to stop the deliberate misspelling of Texas and using two ss's in the state name. 
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/06/01 23:08:42

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/01 23:09:51 (permalink)
If more complaints are received we may have to lock the thread. We'll give this thread a second chance. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
  • Total Posts : 3751
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 02:30:21 (permalink)
rjohnson11
We haven't locked this thread yet but we've received some complaints. Please stay on topic, no insults, and post professionally. We also ask everyone to stop the deliberate misspelling of Texas and using two ss's in the state name. 

use of the derogatory term "gun nut" is the same as fanboy or libtard... it also shows your biased state of mind that is unwilling to discuss anything with logic and reason. At that point your debate falls a part as either trolling or just blind ignorance.

wrinvert
R.I.P Friend
  • Total Posts : 3751
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 02:37:10 (permalink)
rjohnson11
If more complaints are received we may have to lock the thread. We'll give this thread a second chance. 
and again it's not threads fault, it's the one person that cannot control themselves. Threads don't kill threads irresponsible posters kill threads. So don't ruin everyone else's fun for the folly of one person, address that person and allow intelligent open debate to continue.

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 06:51:54 (permalink)
Greenfire

Its still called compliance.  Cops already drew first on you, and there are a few of them, and just you.  You reach for your gun, your going to die.  There is no getting out of that one.  Watch the link.  Do these look like tough guy liberty lovers and rabid second amendment supporters?  They look like everyday people.  The elderly woman was attacked.  Why those cops pounced on that old woman is something we will never know.   

No one is uprising here.  The NRA is fighting the battles in court.  We just want to be left alone.  We want to practice our second amendment rights in peace.  Yea there are those who bring attention to the cause for good and bad, but we just want them to realize that "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means just that.  Taking guns away from law abiding citizens does nothing but promote MORE crime by taking the peoples only defense away. The country as we know it is headed down hill, you won't hear any different from me either, but when the cops are acting beyond their power then yes they were no different then the Gestapo. 
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 06:56:21 (permalink)
JustinHEMI
A lot of people say that guns in the hands of civilians is blood in the streets. Every time gun rights are expanded, they say that. When the idiot AWB of the 90's expired, they said that.

Justin

exactly.  Politicians in NJ think that if the citizens carry, the wild west will happen and we will have shootouts in the parking lots.  Why they cant see that this doesn't happen in the 40some other states that are "shall issue" is beyond me. 
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 07:01:20 (permalink)
nateman_doo
JustinHEMI

Justin

exactly.  Politicians in NJ think that if the citizens carry, the wild west will happen and we will have shootouts in the parking lots.  Why they cant see that this doesn't happen in the 40some other states that are "shall issue" is beyond me. 

It's all about control. Control of you and me...Liberals are the worst at doing this (and I mean, the best...they practice control in every aspect of their
political power).

If you don't like guns, or don't want one, don't get one. Don't tell me I can't have one though.

It's typical liberal "Don't tell me how to live my life, but here's how you HAVE TO live yours." garbage.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

lempo
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1084
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 09:08:41 (permalink)
This definitely seems to be a hot topic for people that don't even live in Texas. I personally choose not to carry a gun, and not because I lived some magical fairytale of a sheltered existence that seems to be the go to argument against people who don't. The mere fact that this topic can't even be discussed with a civil tone is maybe the best evidence for it being generally a bad idea. That being said, I have nothing against people that want to open carry. The people that are licensed to carry have never really been the problem in the first place.

My biggest concern with open carry is that it is has the potential to actually provoke an engagement. Not only by others that are carrying, but by law enforcement in general. When you see a law enforcement agent carrying a gun, you instantly recognize that as part of their job, to uphold the laws that society has deemed as a necessity. It comes with a badge and uniform that says this person has at least received some level of training and is endorsed by an organization that should have your best interest in mind (even though that's not always the case, it was the founding principal). Then on the other hand, you might be walking down the street with your family and you see John Q. Public wearing a sidearm. Most likely your first inclination would be to round up your kids and cross the street. It's that form of intimidation and uncertainty that I don't find welcoming, and would not want to incite in others. That is my reason for choosing not to open carry.

P.S. choose your responses wisely! the Admins open carry on these forums...

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 09:17:02 (permalink)
lempo
My biggest concern with open carry is that it is has the potential to actually provoke an engagement. Not only by others that are carrying, but by law enforcement in general. When you see a law enforcement agent carrying a gun, you instantly recognize that as part of their job, to uphold the laws that society has deemed as a necessity. It comes with a badge and uniform that says this person has at least received some level of training and is endorsed by an organization that should have your best interest in mind (even though that's not always the case, it was the founding principal). Then on the other hand, you might be walking down the street with your family and you see John Q. Public wearing a sidearm. Most likely your first inclination would be to round up your kids and cross the street. It's that form of intimidation and uncertainty that I don't find welcoming, and would not want to incite in others. That is my reason for choosing not to open carry.

I disagree with this almost in its entirety.

If someone feels provoked because someone has a sidearm on their hip, the person feeling such is the issue. Not
the person exercising their right to bear arms. I MIGHT agree with the training comment, but since I had 30+ years
of gun safety beaten into me by my Military father, and I'm sure others have had similar from their fathers, many don't
fall into that.

First time gun owners/users should definitely take some training though. Guns are not toys.

One of my main concerns with open carry is lack of vigilance of people doing it. Must be aware of your surroundings at all
times, imo.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

JustinHEMI
SSC Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 10:00:13 (permalink)
Most gun owners receive more training than cops, and the training cops get is elementary, at best.

I'm thankful that my rights aren't leveraged to the fears of others.

If your first inclination is to gather your kids and cross the street, you're the problem, not the gun owner.

Most people never notice anyway. In PA, where unlicensed open carry is prevalent, encounters with the fearful are so rare, that they get posted about on our biggest gun forum, PAFOA. The fact of the matter is that most people are so unaware of their surroundings that they don't notice people open carrying.

And I've never met an open carrier that wasn't diligent.

Justin
post edited by JustinHEMI - 2015/06/02 10:05:28

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: FINALLY!!! Texas Senate Passes Open Carry Bill. 2015/06/02 10:03:18 (permalink)
lempo
This definitely seems to be a hot topic for people that don't even live in Texas. I personally choose not to carry a gun, and not because I lived some magical fairytale of a sheltered existence that seems to be the go to argument against people who don't. The mere fact that this topic can't even be discussed with a civil tone is maybe the best evidence for it being generally a bad idea. That being said, I have nothing against people that want to open carry. The people that are licensed to carry have never really been the problem in the first place.

P.S. choose your responses wisely! the Admins open carry on these forums...
Cam you name anything that can be discussed civilly?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile