EVGA

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!?

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 17
Author
ZeroBANG
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/12 08:11:32 (permalink)
I'm sure they want to have this ready within a reasonably timeframe to the AMD Ryzen launch in Februar, people will upgrade in droves when that CPU is hitting and many will upgrade their GPU along with it... so having this refresh ready in time for that equals sales.  
I think "February-ish" is a good assumption.  

And by the time the 1080 ti launches (probably just ahead of Vega in Q3/2017 or so?) i'm sure there won't be an ACX 3.0 version for that GPU anymore and they won't be calling it 1080 ti FTW2 either because that would just be awkward then.
Stardust_One
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 678
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/13 18:58:22 (permalink)
Sajin

Nothing was wrong with the older cards. http://www.gamersnexus.ne...and-analysis?showall=1

(Harrumph...) Yes, sure. Maybe they got boredom at R&D and decided to create a new cooler...

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/13 21:58:08 (permalink)
Carbonshape
Sajin

Nothing was wrong with the older cards. http://www.gamersnexus.ne...and-analysis?showall=1

(Harrumph...) Yes, sure. Maybe they got boredom at R&D and decided to create a new cooler...

You mean like 3 versions of the ACX?  Given the usual design cycle time, does any one really believe this redesign was in response to the recent issues?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/13 22:06:24 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

You mean like 3 versions of the ACX?  Given the usual design cycle time, does any one really believe this redesign was in response to the recent issues?

Or that R&D got this out in just two months?
dmoheban
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1506
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/14 06:32:07 (permalink)
Newegg has the 1080 FTW on sale for $589 right now but really whats the point now that this new ICX cooler version is coming out...

Associate Code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
joseph305
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/14 07:36:33 (permalink)
the sales of 1080/1070 cards is to get rid of all the old
stock, and get ready for the new ftw2 and 1080ti models

10700, msi z590 mb ,16gig ram, 3070ti ftw3 ultra, win 10  , crucial m.2's
Stardust_One
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 678
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/14 15:29:22 (permalink)
HeavyHemi

From a (industrial) design perspective, with a product allready in line (and allready on the market), it's a strong move. Maybe they (EVGA) force aggressive marketing (because of CES...) but, for some 10-owners it's not "easy" to have sympathy with that form of strategy. My opinion. - Anyway, good luck EVGA!

AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 12:32:43 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

I don't but even if it were, they sat down and decided it could be done a better way and made some changes. My cards work great and they were from the supposedly "bad" factory 25 within the serial number ranges that were supposed to explode. They both boost to 2100mhz, run and look great and more importantly, haven't blown up. I do enjoy coming and watching the millennials whine and cry over every little thing. Their misguided sense of entitlement is shocking and absurd, how dare EVGA come out with improvements and if I don't get a free upgrade, I'll choose another company, threatening lawsuits, blah blah blah.....

When I built my x58 rig, I purchased 2 GTX 480s and they proceeded to melt the 24-pin power supply connector into the motherboard causing a failure and I had to replace both of them TWICE before the problem was found and I was given a Classified 3 with supplemental PCIe power connector. By the time I got the rig back up and running, the 580s were out and I had probably used my 480s a total of 2-days in 4-months. If anyone should feel slighted, it is me.

I am past the step up window for the 1080s but if they offer a free upgrade, I'll take it, if they offer an upgrade with an extra charge, I think it over or if they offer nothing, I will use my current FTW cards until I upgrade to the next series

Punx in Drublic
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 12:48:06 (permalink)
AngryAce
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

Nothing was wrong with the older cards. 

I don't but even if it were, they sat down and decided it could be done a better way and made some changes. My cards work great and they were from the supposedly "bad" factory 25 within the serial number ranges that were supposed to explode. They both boost to 2100mhz, run and look great and more importantly, haven't blown up. I do enjoy coming and watching the millennials whine and cry over every little thing. Their misguided sense of entitlement is shocking and absurd, how dare EVGA come out with improvements and if I don't get a free upgrade, I'll choose another company, threatening lawsuits, blah blah blah.....

When I built my x58 rig, I purchased 2 GTX 480s and they proceeded to melt the 24-pin power supply connector into the motherboard causing a failure and I had to replace both of them TWICE before the problem was found and I was given a Classified 3 with supplemental PCIe power connector. By the time I got the rig back up and running, the 580s were out and I had probably used my 480s a total of 2-days in 4-months. If anyone should feel slighted, it is me.

I am past the step up window for the 1080s but if they offer a free upgrade, I'll take it, if they offer an upgrade with an extra charge, I think it over or if they offer nothing, I will use my current FTW cards until I upgrade to the next series

Ya know, it's hilarious how much the older generations tend to whine about "millennials". A bit hypocritical, really.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 12:58:24 (permalink)
Punx in Drublic

Ya know, it's hilarious how much the older generations tend to whine about "millennials". A bit hypocritical, really.

Welcome to the Forum Punx in Drublic

Great Start you have here on the Forum I see and totally off subject to boot.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/01/16 13:07:17

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

dustinr26
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 115
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 13:13:33 (permalink)
AngryAce
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

How can you see what range for serial numbers were supposed to be bad?

Intel i7 2700k O'Cd 4.6 MHz, Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme,Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus, EVGA GTX 980SC,32gig Corsair Vengeance Ram,240gig OCZ Agility 3 SSD,500gig Samsung 840 EVO SSD,500gig Samsung 850 SSD,1 TB western digital hdd caviar black,2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD,Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sound Card,Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor x3 in 2d surround with Dell 27 inch S2716DG 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor,Razer Naga MMO mouse,Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard,Logitech 5.1 Z906 Surround System,Corsair AX Gold 1200psu,Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case

Punx in Drublic
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 13:30:20 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Punx in Drublic

Welcome to the Forum

Great Start you have here on the Forum I see and totally off subject to boot.

Thanks duder. Glad to be here. I'll be posting off subject stuff all week.
pat39576
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 13:34:25 (permalink)
AngryAce
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

I also have a GTX 1070 FTW that runs at the 2100mhz. I personally expect that to last me for a while and don't expect to upgrade this year. My card also is past the step up window. Now I would love a free upgrade but I will not be going to a different company if they don't. They are not required to give every FTW owner a free upgrade so there is no reason to complain.

Edit: based on the link cool GTX provided, my card is one of the bad ones. I have run it with and without thermal pads for 2 months each no problems either way. This may be a long term fix to the concerns of some people but it they could have done better with the slogan.
post edited by pat39576 - 2017/01/16 15:29:58
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 14:00:44 (permalink)
Punx in Drublic
AngryAce
HeavyHemi
Carbonshape
Sajin

Nothing was wrong with the older cards. 

Making an observation, isn't whining. Though I could see how *millennials* would prefer to  characterize it that way.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31076
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 14:07:17 (permalink)
dustinr26

How can you see what range for serial numbers were supposed to be bad?

To check a card by serial number go here: LINK

If the optional kit is available for the serial number you entered, your card was one that did not get the factory revision / upgrade and qualifies for one.

excerpt:
  • Q. Does the VBIOS fix the temperature issues?
  • A. Yes, the VBIOS update will fix the temperature issues.
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/16 14:14:28

• Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31076
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 14:20:41 (permalink)
    OK --- this thread is about ---->EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling

Anymore off topic posts OR other violations of TOS will result in post being removed without further warning

In case you need to review TOS read them here http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=4682

Please keep it On Topic and lets be respectful !

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

raidersfan64
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 19:15:18 (permalink)
    I just want to say I had purchased an EVGA GTX 1080 SC on 1-5-17 after a corsair hydro h100v2 pump hose blew off and destroyed my ASUS Dual GTX 1070 along with everything else in my new rig in the beginning of December.  Point being is; I didn't actually know of any issues from EVGA 10 series cards prior to my purchase, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy The 1080. It is a beast compared  to my previous GTX 1070 and is, very well constructed, very ridged and ascetically appeasing and plays games Like a champ. For anyone who has or had issues i feel what you are going threw, but technology, revisions in the electronics world are always evolving and changing. I understand this frustration I really do and not to sound hypocritical there is a chance i return my new card by i highly doubt it.

I have Options! If i want to return the new GPU, I have it covered until Jan 31st, I can purchase the extended warranty and just be happy. Hopefully my New EVGA card won't have any issues, but I will say this from my experiences. I had 3 GPUs eventually die out 1 being a rock solid EVGA 8800gtx. After my card died EVGA hooked me up with a replacement GTX 470 which was a very nice card considering how long i hadn't purchased another GPU and the 470 was an huge upgrade over a Gtx 8800 from 2007. Case in point speaking from my experiences with EVGA, I have always been taken care by this company and I will not let a revision upset me 1 bit because ATM I love my new purchase.

I am clearly speaking from my own personal experiences from EVGA and I can not speak for others obviously, but I wanted to express my feeling on the matter.

Intel I9 10900k  5.3ghz
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) Z490 (1200)
    ASUS ROG PG27UQ 4K UHD HDR10 G SYNC 144HZ O'C Display
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200
    EVGA 1000G PSU
    CORSAIR Hydro Series, H115i RGB PLATINUM, 280mm, 2 x ML PRO 140mm
    WD BLACK SN750 1TB GEN 3 NVME M.2
    WD BLUE SN550 1TB GEN 3 NVME M.2
    WD BLUE 3D NAND 2TB PCIE 3 M.2
    Corsair 780T White Full Tower Case
    Astro A40 Customs
    dvelope
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 19:48:43 (permalink)
    is evga going to supply these new cooler cards to people who need to rma?
    gelectrode
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/16 20:03:43 (permalink)
    dvelope
    is evga going to supply these new cooler cards to people who need to rma?

I think one of two things are gonna happen here. One possibility is they discontinue FTW1 and say 4-6 six month from now i doubt they'll keep making FTW1 and sell the FTW2 as the new FTW line. So if you need a replacement card you'll end up getting a FTW2

Or two they keep both cards around and your RMA work as normal. I think this one is more likely and they end up selling the FTW2 a few bucks more then the 1.

Though honestly ICX cooler looks to be almost the same as ACX, I think most of the changes are coming from the new PCB and the way the new backplate mounts etc. My guess is slightly higher factory clocks SLIGHTLY better cooling and new design and that will be mostly it. We'll see though (I am speculating here).
    PietroBR
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1202
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/17 04:20:41 (permalink)
    raidersfan64
    I just want to say I had purchased an EVGA GTX 1080 SC on 1-5-17 after a corsair hydro h100v2 pump hose blew off and destroyed my ASUS Dual GTX 1070 along with everything else in my new rig in the beginning of December.  Point being is; I didn't actually know of any issues from EVGA 10 series cards prior to my purchase, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy The 1080. It is a beast compared  to my previous GTX 1070 and is, very well constructed, very ridged and ascetically appeasing and plays games Like a champ. For anyone who has or had issues i feel what you are going threw, but technology, revisions in the electronics world are always evolving and changing. I understand this frustration I really do and not to sound hypocritical there is a chance i return my new card by i highly doubt it.

I have Options! If i want to return the new GPU, I have it covered until Jan 31st, I can purchase the extended warranty and just be happy. Hopefully my New EVGA card won't have any issues, but I will say this from my experiences. I had 3 GPUs eventually die out 1 being a rock solid EVGA 8800gtx. After my card died EVGA hooked me up with a replacement GTX 470 which was a very nice card considering how long i hadn't purchased another GPU and the 470 was an huge upgrade over a Gtx 8800 from 2007. Case in point speaking from my experiences with EVGA, I have always been taken care by this company and I will not let a revision upset me 1 bit because ATM I love my new purchase.

I am clearly speaking from my own personal experiences from EVGA and I can not speak for others obviously, but I wanted to express my feeling on the matter.

+1 on everything Raider said.

Case: Asus Z370-G Box / MB: Asus Z370-G / CPU: Intel I7 8700K / Mem.: 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 / GPU: GTX 1080TI FTW3 / A.I.O. W.C: EVGA CLC280 / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

freestanbul
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/17 05:29:18 (permalink)
    edit.
    post edited by freestanbul - 2017/01/17 05:33:33
    warrior10
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1039
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/17 13:43:02 (permalink)
    Carbonshape
    HeavyHemi

From a (industrial) design perspective, with a product allready in line (and allready on the market), it's a strong move. Maybe they (EVGA) force aggressive marketing (because of CES...) but, for some 10-owners it's not "easy" to have sympathy with that form of strategy. My opinion. - Anyway, good luck EVGA!

Like i've said here before, and don't go by what others are telling you, is that Everyone that Needs an RMA with a 1080/1070 GPU types Need to really Talk to someone either by Phone or Mail that Works=gets checks from Evga to try and get that New ICX model. Don't bother quarreling and posting too much as Only making that EVGA Phone call here at this site or Email one of the Evga-Techs here to get the job done.

I really don't think Evga will screw you guys over like that, i really don't, as like i said I think it's just the right thing for Evga to do now.

My new 
    https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
    HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
    New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
    16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
    180Ti Hybrid
    Blu-ray drive SCSI
    CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
    Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
    WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
    Corsair PSU 1020
    SWTOR Mouse and Headset
    Razer CHROMA Keyboard
    Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
    RN@VGA
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 173
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/17 20:22:16 (permalink)
    The answer to this may not be known yet, but does anyone know if this new cooler is coming to only the FTW model or is it coming to the SC as well?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/17 20:46:14 (permalink)
    RN@VGA
    The answer to this may not be known yet, but does anyone know if this new cooler is coming to only the FTW model or is it coming to the SC as well?

There were 3 models shown. Unfortunately, we don't know what all is being released.
    Tuduu
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/18 03:33:03 (permalink)
    Have a look at the JayzTwoCents video on the first page. 
    Approx 6m 10sec mark. 
    I would link a timestamped video, but as i just created this account to reply, im not allowed to post Hyperlinks.

It looks like a 1070 SC2 with a ICX cooler
    post edited by Tuduu - 2017/01/18 03:37:51
    BubbaBobBob
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/18 21:42:53 (permalink)
    But it's not just an update. If they just found a new fan design (yeah, right in 3 odd months) that's one thing but it is also a cure for a problem that was at first denied, then addressed by 75 cents of pads and grease.
    Oh and you gotta do it yourself...

I just checked and today my card is worth $70 less then when it was purchased. Yes, it was on sale when I bought it.

After looking at the prices that still being asked for the 900 series cards, I say that is a lot of depreciation, over 15%, in quite a short time. 

Improvements are one thing, those hopefully always happen, but how about a rebate or $ to be used on games, tshirts just some sort of effort, but nada.... 

i7 4790 @4.7MHz
    Asus Z97-Pro
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    Samsung SSD 840 PRO 240GB OS Disk
    Samsung SSD 750 EVO 480GB Game Disk
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    Windows 10 Home
    Corsair H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
    Corsair K70 Keyboard
    EVGA 1070 FTW Graphics
    Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5
    plus a couple of platter drives...
    Asus VG248QE LCD x2
    Logitech G502 Mouse

LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1795
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/19 18:50:30 (permalink)
    arestavo
    HeavyHemi
    Carbonshape
    Sajin

If it is just the ICX cooler was designed but reusing the old PCB design, then yes, absolutely possible. If the PCB was also redesigned, then no. We will have to wait and see, but if it is the former, then I can see many will cry foul...

pat39576
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 203
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/19 19:16:49 (permalink)
    LFaWolf
    arestavo
    HeavyHemi
    Carbonshape
    Sajin

If it is just the ICX cooler was designed but reusing the old PCB design, then yes, absolutely possible. If the PCB was also redesigned, then no. We will have to wait and see, but if it is the former, then I can see many will cry foul...

It is also possible that they began work on this after ACX 3.0 was released but before the VRM issue in the fall. If that is the case, then the slogan is new as of the VRM fiasco.
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1795
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/19 19:23:42 (permalink)
    pat39576
    LFaWolf
    arestavo
    HeavyHemi
    Carbonshape
    Sajin

It is also possible that they began work on this after ACX 3.0 was released but before the VRM issue in the fall. If that is the case, then the slogan is new as of the VRM fiasco.

A whole release with just the cooler changed? Possible, but I doubt it. I don't think the ROI is there. Any prior example or history?

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/19 19:33:45 (permalink)

It's all speculation. All we can go on is typical design cycle time which argues for this being in the pipeline for several months. Now if someone were to argue that the new slogan was tacked on in response to the temp issues, that I could buy.

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 17
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile