EVGA

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!?

Page: << < ..1617 > Showing page 16 of 17
Author
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1795
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/11 16:04:15 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
panzlock
No shortage of iCX threads now, huh?

Nope.. lol.

Ill just drop this here, since i just posted it in one of rhe other (other, other) threads.

EVGA did also add more mounting points for the cooler to attach to the pcb, which will reduce sag. No one seems to remember that part.

I do, one of the reasons I am considering the upgrade, as the FTW does sag a bit.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/11 16:11:35 (permalink)
LFaWolf

I do, one of the reasons I am considering the upgrade, as the FTW does sag a bit.

It is one of the things I had always hoped for, so i am stoked to see it :-D
atm743
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/11 17:35:55 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
panzlock
No shortage of iCX threads now, huh?

Nope.. lol.

Ill just drop this here, since i just posted it in one of rhe other (other, other) threads.

EVGA did also add more mounting points for the cooler to attach to the pcb, which will reduce sag. No one seems to remember that part.

Oh nice. The only thing is right now I've been holding off on buying a water block or my 1080. The block is 130 I could just get a block for 30 bucks more or spend 100 and wait more to see if the TI comes out but idk yet. The thing is that who knows how much the TI will cost. If it's 850 or more I'm not going to be able to come up with another $200 + anytime soon

Intel Core I9 9900K @ 5ghz 
Gskill 32GB (2X16) DDR4 @3200mhz 
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hydrocopper
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER 
Fractal Design DEFINE S
Corsair RM750 Gold PSU 
Asus PG27UQ 4K 144hz HDR G-Sync monitor 
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Nickel + Plexi 
EK D5 Vario X-RES 140
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360
Bitspower Black Sparkle 3/8" (5/8") Fittings
BullyApC
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/12 05:40:06 (permalink)
Bar81
dakon
Bar81
Wow.  EVGA faith fully restored.  I've applied for my upgrade - they've made the whole debacle right in my book.

Nice of them to do.  But to basically play off of the heat issues, even saying there is no need for thermal pads or bios update, then to say "here is the FTW 2" for only $99 bucks more, and they had one of their paid channels (Jays2Cents) do a promo video...really EVGA really....

Look, I'm with you 100% and I've been pretty vocal about it, but let's be realistic - I don't think anyone really expected EVGA to come out and say that they screwed the pooch - certainly I didn't, what annoyed me was their constant disingenuous statements that you're referring to above.  What I wanted was a solution and they've offered it at what looks like their cost - $99.  That's fair enough to me; others of course are free to feel different.

I am definitely a bit frustrated.  Yes, EVGA is offering us the opportunity to replace our cards for only $99.  But, the reason the FTW 2 has come out is because EVGA and the consumer market has identified some flaws in the highly promoted ACX 3 design.  

As a result of the flaws and sudden release of the ICX system, the resale value of the ACX 3 cards dropped dramatically.  In the past I have always been able to re sell my video card after two years for around 65% of the original price.  Now after only three months, the retail price of my card has dropped from $679 to $579.  No one has a clue how this entire debacle will affect the post market consumers purchase interest.  Now, not only has the value of the card decreased but the "slap in the face" is that for only $99 I can exchange my purchase to replace it with its flaw fixing counter part for a total spending sum that would have purchased me the hybrid version of the card in the first place.

I guess I could look at it in a more positive stance, EVGA is replacing my card for free and I get the opportunity to own a $99 t-shirt.  This sweet shirt advertises the NEW EVGA ICX cooler which allows us all to game safely (bad original marketing) and move to a new era of gaming with everything detected (better way to not make people feel bad about the first card).

CPU: 7700K @ 5.1 AIO
MOBO: Asus Maximus IX APEX
Memory: GSKILL DDR4 16GB 3200
GPU: EVGA 1080Ti SC @ 2100 W/custom cooling
Storage: 2 Samsung 960 250GB NVMe RAID 0, 1 Samsung 960 500GB NVMe, 3 Samsung 950EVO 250GB RAID 0, 1 WD 1TB Black
Case: NZXT 700i
FireStrike: 22814
Superposition Extreme: 6538
Bar81
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/13 01:50:14 (permalink)
Not quite sure I follow the logic.

A slap in the face would be where there is no upgrade option.

If you're that worried about resale value then you should be taking advantage of the upgrade.

In the real world I'm not sure that any better solution can be offered (and as I said, I've been one of the more vocal critics of what has transpired but I'm also practical and accept that mistakes happen - what I care about is getting a reasonable solution, which imo EVGA is offering now).

It's your right to be annoyed but a slap in the face this upgrade is definitely not.

Intel 6700T, Thermalright Macho Zero, Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, EVGA 1080 Ti SC, Samsung 850 PRO, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Kingwin Stryker 500W
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/13 02:17:55 (permalink)
You all are serious when you are ready to pay 100 dollars for having a better resale value ?

Please tell me that You know that you wont lose 100 euros when resale a FTW card ?
ope_stump
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/13 11:54:35 (permalink)
This is a huge slap in the face especially to people like myself.  I had cooling issues with my 1070 my gpu would get throttled to nothing because of over heating.  Instead of wasting my time with the RMA process I went ahead with a step up to a 1080.  I was happy at first but after the huge shipping costs + the retail price gouge and down time I realized I made a mistake and should have just did an RMA and sold the card.   Now my 1080 has slight throttling issues and I am concerned it will meet the same fate as my 1070 and start throttling to nothing to prevent over heating.  I saw the Advertisement of the ICX and noticed they offered upgrades to current ACX owners I thought great!  Then i read the fine print its $99.99 and that does not include shipping.  So not only did customers like myself get jipped with bad 1070 cooling and into the step up but now I have to pay extra for a working cooler when we all should have gotten the working cooler to begin with but they wont even sell it to us at a subsidized cost to help make up for a failure of the orignal cooling design.   The last time i bought an EVGA product was 7900GT about 10 years ago after that whole fiasco with with bad memory countless RMA's I did not buy an EVGA product for 10 years my last card was MSI 970 couldn't be happier.  Now that I decided to try them again I get screwed all over again.   My 1080 purchase will probably be my last EVGA product ever.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31036
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/13 12:31:55 (permalink)
ope_stump
This is a huge slap in the face especially to people like myself.  I had cooling issues with my 1070 my gpu would get throttled to nothing because of over heating.  Instead of wasting my time with the RMA process I went ahead with a step up to a 1080.  I was happy at first but after the huge shipping costs + the retail price gouge and down time I realized I made a mistake and should have just did an RMA and sold the card.   Now my 1080 has slight throttling issues and I am concerned it will meet the same fate as my 1070 and start throttling to nothing to prevent over heating.  I saw the Advertisement of the ICX and noticed they offered upgrades to current ACX owners I thought great!  Then i read the fine print its $99.99 and that does not include shipping.  So not only did customers like myself get jipped with bad 1070 cooling and into the step up but now I have to pay extra for a working cooler when we all should have gotten the working cooler to begin with but they wont even sell it to us at a subsidized cost to help make up for a failure of the orignal cooling design.   The last time i bought an EVGA product was 7900GT about 10 years ago after that whole fiasco with with bad memory countless RMA's I did not buy an EVGA product for 10 years my last card was MSI 970 couldn't be happier.  Now that I decided to try them again I get screwed all over again.   My 1080 purchase will probably be my last EVGA product ever.

Your post makes an incorrect statement.

The iCX upgrade cost does cover shipping the new card to you, you pay to ship the current card back to EVGA - therefore you can choose a cost effective method.

http://www.evga.com/icxupgrade/

Step 10 - Your product will be shipped via complimentary ground shipping, or the shipping option chosen and paid for during the iCX Upgrade process. Once you receive the product - game on!

If your card is overheating to the point of throttling you need to make a custom fan curve or improve your airflow through the case. The worst case would be the need for TIM replacement.

10 series cards like to stay cool and will start slow around 50 C but this is not throttling.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ope_stump
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 07:15:38 (permalink)
Cool GTX
ope_stump

Your post makes an incorrect statement.

The iCX upgrade cost does cover shipping the new card to you, you pay to ship the current card back to EVGA - therefore you can choose a cost effective method.

Step 10 - Your product will be shipped via complimentary ground shipping, or the shipping option chosen and paid for during the iCX Upgrade process. Once you receive the product - game on!

If your card is overheating to the point of throttling you need to make a custom fan cure or improve your airflow through the case. The worst case would be the need for TIM replacement.

10 series cards like to stay cool and will start slow around 50 C but this is not throttling.

lol! You took my entire grievance post and pointed out insignificant  errors I really do not care if shipping is free I still have to pay $100 bucks for a decent cooler it seems.     You are also making a lot of huge assumptions that I didn't turn on fan curve or troubleshoot anything which I did and have been doing.  the ACX Coolers are known to be junk I just wish I read the reviews before I made such a big purchase.   And I thought these forums are supposed be helpful but i guess your job is just protect the brand.   I shouldn't have  to trouble shoot or replace or fix anything on a card I payed $600+  especially a card I have owned for less then a month that is ridicules. But EVGA already has my money so I dont expect them to care.  What makes this even more crazy for an extra 50 bucks I could just order the water cooling solution and not even worry about heat issues at that point. But I am tired of giving EVGA my money.
dyceskynes
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 09:07:08 (permalink)
People do not take much stock in someone on the forums when their first post is to just complain about something that we all have been hearing people belly ache about for a few months.  Sounds like you need to switch brands and see if that fixes all of your issues.  If you want a less biased view then try a different source like reddit that is a neutral party.  

Intel Core I7 3930K @ 4.5 | 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600 MHZ | EVGA X79 Dark | EVGA 1080 FTW | 256GB 850 Evo SSD x1 | 500 GB WD x2 | EVGA 1000 G2 | XSPC Raystorm, 360 + 180 Rad, MCP655 | Win 10 Pro
evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 09:23:43 (permalink)
Bar81
Not quite sure I follow the logic.

A slap in the face would be where there is no upgrade option.

If you're that worried about resale value then you should be taking advantage of the upgrade.

In the real world I'm not sure that any better solution can be offered (and as I said, I've been one of the more vocal critics of what has transpired but I'm also practical and accept that mistakes happen - what I care about is getting a reasonable solution, which imo EVGA is offering now).

It's your right to be annoyed but a slap in the face this upgrade is definitely not.

simple, make the icx cooler and mid plate and back plate suitable for current acx card and send them out the current customers.

the slapping face is that the current users can only take those thermal pads with higher fan speed setting bios as a solution to the flaw of the acx3.0. but certainly this is not the final and satisfied solution to us. otherwise there would not be an icx version.

using backplate for cooling vram/gpu/vrm is a strong evident to show the main cooling (gpu heatsink and midplate) is not power enough. and raising fan speed is even worse to solve overheat problem. amd cpu stock cooler fan has 6000rpm max. therefore the solution provided by evga to acx cooling is just a temporal solution to me. evga is now promoting icx cooling but dont even give a chance to acx users to upgrade the cooling only (without changing the pcb), that is what we call "slapping face".

changing mosfet is good, but i would rather have better chokes for eliminating the coil whine, which is famous on evga pascal ftw card.

evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 09:28:38 (permalink)
no offense, but in my opinion, have a stronger cooling system is better than have monitoring the mosfet and vram temp. if the cooler is good enough, i think most of us dont even need to worry about the mosfet and vram temp.

ope_stump
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 09:42:59 (permalink)
dyceskynes
People do not take much stock in someone on the forums when their first post is to just complain about something that we all have been hearing people belly ache about for a few months.  Sounds like you need to switch brands and see if that fixes all of your issues.  If you want a less biased view then try a different source like reddit that is a neutral party.  

For your information i been a member of these forums since 2005  I  recently started posting on it since all the issues I been having and i guess because my account was idle and the forum was rebult I was re-registered I guess you missed the part of my post where i said I owned an 7900GT.  If your expectation is that people are not allowed to make complaints on this forum I think you are wrong lots of people complain on this forum that is partly what the forum is for.  Secondly I was not speaking to you and you are not adding any value to this conversation.  The amount of money i spent on this card gives me every right to complain if i did not get what i payed for and the responsibility should not be on me to get answers or get my issues resolved from a none evga forum if I am not a satisfied customer then it only makes sense for me to post on EVGA own forums.  
post edited by ope_stump - 2017/02/14 09:46:33
Heini2
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 498
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 10:22:19 (permalink)
ope_stump...the ACX Coolers are known to be junk I just wish I read the reviews before I made such a big purchase.

I tried an ACX3 cooler on a 1080FE and the cooling difference was night and day, no thermal pads, etc., just a cooler swap. There is/was nothing wrong with the ACX3 coolers. If all you have to do to stir things up please go to the nVidia forum and chat with them about their coolers.

Z170 Sabertooth Mk1 / i7-6700K + NH-D15 / Trident Z (2x16GB)@3000 / 2080Ti XC Ultra / Essence STX II / 950 Pro 512GB / G3 1000W / MG279Q / HAF XB EVO / Win10 X64 Pro
ope_stump
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 11:14:19 (permalink)
Heini2
ope_stump...the ACX Coolers are known to be junk I just wish I read the reviews before I made such a big purchase.

I tried an ACX3 cooler on a 1080FE and the cooling difference was night and day, no thermal pads, etc., just a cooler swap. There is/was nothing wrong with the ACX3 coolers. If all you have to do to stir things up please go to the nVidia forum and chat with them about their coolers.

Sigh its great for EVGA have all these people come to there defense.  Just 2 things about your post.  

1. how long did you run the ACX cooler for? From my experience with the 1070 it ran fine at first but after a few weeks I started having issues.
2. I am confused at your response because ACX cooler is actually an EVGA product no?  Also why do you think the came out with a new cooling design?  They came out with a new design because they got many complaints about the ACX cooling ability hence why they where shipping out thermal pads to people with issues.  If the design was so great why was there 1070 cards burning up?  What confuses me about this forum is all these EVGA fans come running to defend EVGA about known issues.   

3.  I guess you are under the assumption i have a FE card?  when in fact i had a 1070 SC that had issues and i decided to step up to a 1080 ACX.   

4.  My grievance is the shear cost to its customers that just purchased/received a 1080 ACX with out offering some kind of affordable upgrade plan especially since the ACX cards had known documented issues. I am sorry its hard for some of you to grasp that concept of feeling wronged after spending over $600 for a card that is not performing to advertised standards because of the cooling issues.  To then be told oh if you want what we originally advertised you have to pay an extra $100 bucks if you do not see the error in this kind of consumerism then please refrain from making comments that are not solving the issue at hand with those of us who spent a lot of money and did not get what we paid for all that does is make you look like a crazy fan boy that is ignoring the slap int he face to its customers.    Its like nvidia trying to say the 970 512megs of slow performance ram was a feature which ended up in a court settlement for 970 owners.  Ignoring issues like this helps no one and spinning it off as a feature or its not the cooler just makes it look worse.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 11:27:36 (permalink)
ope_stump
Sigh its great for EVGA have all these people come to there defense.  Just 2 things about your post.  

1. how long did you run the ACX cooler for? From my experience with the 1070 it ran fine at first but after a few weeks I started having issues.
2. I am confused at your response because ACX cooler is actually an EVGA product no?  Also why do you think the came out with a new cooling design?  They came out with a new design because they got many complaints about the ACX cooling ability hence why they where shipping out thermal pads to people with issues.  If the design was so great why was there 1070 cards burning up?  What confuses me about this forum is all these EVGA fans come running to defend EVGA about known issues.   

3.  I guess you are under the assumption i have a FE card?  when in fact i had a 1070 SC that had issues and i decided to step up to a 1080 ACX.   

4.  My grievance is the shear cost to its customers that just purchased/received a 1080 ACX with out offering some kind of affordable upgrade plan especially since the ACX cards had known documented issues. I am sorry its hard for some of you to grasp that concept of feeling wronged after spending over $600 for a card that is not performing to advertised standards because of the cooling issues.  To then be told oh if you want what we originally advertised you have to pay an extra $100 bucks if you do not see the error in this kind of consumerism then please refrain from making comments that are not solving the issue at hand with those of us who spent a lot of money and did not get what we paid for all that does is make you look like a crazy fan boy that is ignoring the slap int he face to its customers.    Its like nvidia trying to say the 970 512megs of slow performance ram was a feature which ended up in a court settlement for 970 owners.  Ignoring issues like this helps no one and spinning it off as a feature or its not the cooler just makes it look worse.

Could you please explain how your card does not perform to spec? Is it running below the advertised base/boost clocks? Is it going above the 96c thermal limit on the core?

I dont mean card tested with unrealistic benchmarks, just your specific card.

Could you please post the clocks at which your card runs so we may be able to help figure out how you card is running out of spec?

Have you seen the difference between the ACX, the ACX 2.0, and the ACX 3.0?

The 970 3.5gb/.5gb vram issue was settled in the favor of lawyers, not end users. What was the end result...$35 to users per brand new card they had purchased?

I doubt a class action would yield any results, as the test utilized by the original website was one that NVidia told users not to use in the first place.also, google gpu caught fire.. capacitors failing isnt a heat issue. That has been discussed and is just beating a dead horse at this point.

For the 1000 series ACX cards, i will say rhat there was indeed an issue with the thermal pads on the vram not making contact. EVGA included replacement pads to correct that issue as soon as they were aware.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/14 11:30:10
ope_stump
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 11:59:25 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
ope_stump

Could you please explain how your card does not perform to spec? Is it running below the advertised base/boost clocks? Is it going above the 96c thermal limit on the core?

I dont mean card tested with unrealistic benchmarks, just your specific card.

Could you please post the clocks at which your card runs so we may be able to help figure out how you card is running out of spec?

Have you seen the difference between the ACX, the ACX 2.0, and the ACX 3.0?

The 970 3.5gb/.5gb vram issue was settled in the favor of lawyers, not end users. What was the end result...$35 to users per brand new card they had purchased?

I doubt a class action would yield any results, as the test utilized by the original website was one that NVidia told users not to use in the first place.also, google gpu caught fire.. capacitors failing isnt a heat issue. That has been discussed and is just beating a dead horse at this point.

For the 1000 series ACX cards, i will say rhat there was indeed an issue with the thermal pads on the vram not making contact. EVGA included replacement pads to correct that issue as soon as they were aware.

1."I dont mean card tested with unrealistic benchmarks, just your specific card."  little condescending comment but I can post more specific issues with my card when i get home later.  Recently i noticed during normal rainbow six siege game play it stared throttling back hitting high temps and at times causing fps drops.

2.$35 is actually not a bad deal considering the cost of ram 512megs the 970 was a good card the price per performance was still good even if it was advertised as 3.5gig card instead of a 4gig.

3.I was not implying any kind of lawsuit i was just stating that trying to spin issues is never good for a company's brand in the end.  Actually people had heating issues from everyday gaming not just extreme testing i experience this myself with my 1070 during normal game play I was hitting 100+ temps major throttling and game crash.

4.  You are saying I am beating a dead horse which is a dumb thing for you to say I am supposed to just give up and say oh ok be a fan boy and ignore it?  you expect me not be frustrated after spending my money with EVGA instead of trying to be helpfully you are just coming off being a jerk.

5.  The current thermal issues have been pretty isolated to EVGA products if heat was not an issue then why send out thermal pads?  in fact there are reviews that say thermal pads or 3rd party coolers help with the heat issues with out the bios upgrade.  

6. It amazes me how my original issues and point is being ignored my whole post was about how much of a slap in the face it is to EVGA customers to offer a better cooling solution at such an extra cost when in fact the original cooling solution shipped with the card had issues.    That was what my original post was about that is all I am saying you can be condescending and or spin it how ever you want it does not change the fact that my original post is being ignored and probably on purpose EVGA advertised its cooling solution as one of the best but then it turns out oh crap it wasn't and now if we want a better cooling solution we have to throw money at it.  

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/14 12:30:14 (permalink)
ope_stump
1."I dont mean card tested with unrealistic benchmarks, just your specific card."  little condescending comment but I can post more specific issues with my card when i get home later.  Recently i noticed during normal rainbow six siege game play it stared throttling back hitting high temps and at times causing fps drops.

2.$35 is actually not a bad deal considering the cost of ram 512megs the 970 was a good card the price per performance was still good even if it was advertised as 3.5gig card instead of a 4gig.

3.I was not implying any kind of lawsuit i was just stating that trying to spin issues is never good for a company's brand in the end.  Actually people had heating issues from everyday gaming not just extreme testing i experience this myself with my 1070 during normal game play I was hitting 100+ temps major throttling and game crash.

4.  You are saying I am beating a dead horse which is a dumb thing for you to say I am supposed to just give up and say oh ok be a fan boy and ignore it?  you expect me not be frustrated after spending my money with EVGA instead of trying to be helpfully you are just coming off being a jerk.

5.  The current thermal issues have been pretty isolated to EVGA products if heat was not an issue then why send out thermal pads?  in fact there are reviews that say thermal pads or 3rd party coolers help with the heat issues with out the bios upgrade.  

6. It amazes me how my original issues and point is being ignored my whole post was about how much of a slap in the face it is to EVGA customers to offer a better cooling solution at such an extra cost when in fact the original cooling solution shipped with the card had issues.    That was what my original post was about that is all I am saying you can be condescending and or spin it how ever you want it does not change the fact that my original post is being ignored and probably on purpose EVGA advertised its cooling solution as one of the best but then it turns out oh crap it wasn't and now if we want a better cooling solution we have to throw money at it.  

I wasnt meaning to be condensending at all, and I have not intentionally ignored any posts along the way. Its impossible to review every thread

You are one of the people that are actually having issues with your card, where many read a review based on other information, and immediately thought their card had issues as well, which I why I asked about your card specificially.

The beating a dead horse comment is specific to the fact that the capacitors are not failing due to heat. Capacitors have failed on every brand, manufacturer and parent company over the years. The failure rate is small compared to the sales. Some manufacturers have shown that they wont even replace cards when it happens, but evga typically helps out unless the user dropped something on the card or dropped the card itself.
Panmaster
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/16 23:07:16 (permalink)
I have no doubt this ICX upgrade is timed perfectly so that the 1080Titanium is released exactly 91 days after the final ICX upgrade card is shipped. They can still release the non-reference ones to which step-up does not apply of course.
post edited by Panmaster - 2017/02/16 23:24:12
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/02/17 07:32:26 (permalink)
Panmaster
I have no doubt this ICX upgrade is timed perfectly so that the 1080Titanium is released exactly 91 days after the final ICX upgrade card is shipped. They can still release the non-reference ones to which step-up does not apply of course.

Evga wouldnt be allowed to release only a non reference card. They will always have the reference board from nvidia. Evga also does not control the launches either, nvidia does.
mwalkerworld
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 07:30:25 (permalink)
WMcCravey

"Game with safety and piece of mind"
So you are flat out saying that the old FTW cards are unsafe?

My buddy had one  of the 1080s that had  the issue with only one thermal sensor. he got a email stating he could upgrade to the better version for better cooling. He for it and it had more sensors     He got that card their in that link. And last night when we were gaming POOF it flamed. It literaly shot flames out. Jesus christ.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/04/02 08:06:06
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 08:07:11 (permalink)
mwalkerworld
My buddy had one  of the 1080s that had  the issue with only one thermal sensor. he got a email stating he could upgrade to the better version for better cooling. He for it and it had more sensors     He got that card their in that link. And last night when we were gaming POOF it flamed. It literaly shot flames out. Jesus christ.

While you may have been surprised, vulgar language is not allowed.

Please contact evga so they can start processing an RMA and get your friends card replaced and start looking at what happened.
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 08:14:05 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Panmaster

Evga wouldnt be allowed to release only a non reference card. They will always have the reference board from nvidia. Evga also does not control the launches either, nvidia does.

I choose to believe EVGA had knowledge of the Ti launch and deliberately setup the iCX upgrade program to allow people to get Ti cards.
They might not have known the exact timing, but would definitely know a general timeframe.

mwalkerworld
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 08:17:31 (permalink)
Sajin
WMcCravey

mkrazymike
WMcCravey

pretty much,this is a shame by evga i spent thousands of dollars on there product knowing they screwed up?again either rma our cards for this one or refund us simple.

Nothing was wrong with the older cards. 

The new upgraded cards are unsafe. My buddy just paid for a new upgraded version through their program  and Poof fire. Seriously
mwalkerworld
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 08:21:30 (permalink)
mkrazymike
pkdpkd
mkrazymike
this is complete bs you should honor ftw owners a replacement with this card,or a dam refund

Calling EVGA tomorrow. Sorry, I didn't drop my money on EVGA 1070 and 1080 so I can suck up with some ghetto pads fix. 

same calling them tomorrow myself this is a pure slap on the face to the FTW 1 owners

The new cards burn up too dont stress it.
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 08:21:49 (permalink)
mwalkerworld
Sajin
WMcCravey

mkrazymike
WMcCravey

pretty much,this is a shame by evga i spent thousands of dollars on there product knowing they screwed up?again either rma our cards for this one or refund us simple.

The new upgraded cards are unsafe. My buddy just paid for a new upgraded version through their program  and Poof fire. Seriously

I suggest you take a chill pill and calm down.
I understand that you're upset over a faulty card, but failure of components happen and cannot be entirely eliminated. Trust in EVGA's great customer service and your friend will get a replacement card.

Headshotyscotty
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 11:20:31 (permalink)
ipkha
mwalkerworld
Sajin
WMcCravey

mkrazymike
WMcCravey

I understand that you're upset over a faulty card, but failure of components happen and cannot be entirely eliminated. Trust in EVGA's great customer service and your friend will get a replacement card.

The card MWalkerworld is referring to is my card. It is.....was a GTX-1080 SC2, with ICX that I received through the ICX upgrade program. I have had it for a total of 4 days. last night it basically exploded for lack of a better term. Screen blacked out, then a loud Pop and Sparks and or Flames followed by Smoke and an odor of burnt electronics. Clearly visible to my wife and I through the side window of my case.
In the four days i have had the card i have been diligently monitoring Temps and other parameters of the card. At the time of the incident the card was not running hot or showing any signs of failure and the three Temp LEDs on the side of the card were the color Blue, indicating that the card was running in between 60 and 82 degrees Celsius. 

I contacted EVGA immediately and they were more than happy to start the RMA process.

At this point I am not entirely sure i want another one. I feel like I will simply be waiting for it to blow again.

I have spent more than the cost of a new 1080Ti-FTW3 on this card after the Initial Purchase (Dec.,2016), Upgrade and shipping charges. 
post edited by Headshotyscotty - 2017/04/02 11:26:02
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 11:25:50 (permalink)
It's just a sure sign of a defective component. They do fail on occasion. It does stink that it happened. But on the plus side, you will get a brand new one with the RMA because it hasn't been in your possession long.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 11:37:15 (permalink)
ipkha

This posted 3 times, so I removed 2 of them. You may get an email about it.
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/04/02 11:39:38 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
ipkha

This posted 3 times, so I removed 2 of them. You may get an email about it.

Thanks, my phone froze while posting.

Page: << < ..1617 > Showing page 16 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile