EVGA

i don't know whats wrong, please help!

Author
bulkchart32
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/24 05:26:28 (permalink)
i have been thru 5 2080 ti ftw3 ultra's(the 1st one that i bought and 4 rma's). to try to make this story as easy as possible to explain, i'll refer to them as 1,2,3,4,5. 1 was bought back in late 2018. i have been having problems with fans 2 & 3 randomly ramping up even though the system is at idle. fan 3 will randomly ramp up to 80-100% for just a few moments. i was also having problems with random black screens about once a month. i tried everything to fix the black screen and the only thing that would fix it was a cmos reset and the fix lasted for about another month. i finally did an rma on it back in dec of 2019 and got gpu 2. i had fan issues with it but the were completely different from gpu1. ram'd again and got gpu3. it had the same exact fan issues as gpu1 did. rma'd that card and got gpu4. that card had a messed up fan controller on fan 1 so that the fan ran the same rpm regardless of anything. rma'd it and i got a brand new in box card this time(gpu5). i'm having the same fan issues that i had with gpu 1. the pc may sit for hours and be perfectly fine but the fans just start ramping up for no apparent reason. i really don't know what's going on. btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. according to x1, no part of the card will be over 57c when the fan ramps up. i could understand it coming on slowly to cool things down but shooting up to 100% should only happen if the card is at least in the high 60's. side note: i don't know if i'll have the black screen issue again yet because i have only the card a few days. i don't know if it is an incompatibility problem with my motherboard or if i just getting bad cards. someone please help cause i don't know what else to do and i don't know what the problem is.
i9-9900k,asus z370 maximus x code,evga 1000w gold psu,corsair vengance ram,dual boot 7/10(same exact problems on both 7 and 10)p.s. just to be clear about the black screen issue. it would stay black thru multiple reboots until i cleared the cmos. as soon as it would try to load the home screen it'd go black.

25 Replies Related Threads

sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 05:39:18 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    i have been thru 5 2080 ti ftw3 ultra's(the 1st one that i bought and 4 rma's). to try to make this story as easy as possible to explain, i'll refer to them as 1,2,3,4,5. 1 was bought back in late 2018. i have been having problems with fans 2 & 3 randomly ramping up even though the system is at idle. fan 3 will randomly ramp up to 80-100% for just a few moments. i was also having problems with random black screens about once a month. i tried everything to fix the black screen and the only thing that would fix it was a cmos reset and the fix lasted for about another month. i finally did an rma on it back in dec of 2019 and got gpu 2. i had fan issues with it but the were completely different from gpu1. ram'd again and got gpu3. it had the same exact fan issues as gpu1 did. rma'd that card and got gpu4. that card had a messed up fan controller on fan 1 so that the fan ran the same rpm regardless of anything. rma'd it and i got a brand new in box card this time(gpu5). i'm having the same fan issues that i had with gpu 1. the pc may sit for hours and be perfectly fine but the fans just start ramping up for no apparent reason. i really don't know what's going on. btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. according to x1, no part of the card will be over 57c when the fan ramps up. i could understand it coming on slowly to cool things down but shooting up to 100% should only happen if the card is at least in the high 60's. side note: i don't know if i'll have the black screen issue again yet because i have only the card a few days. i don't know if it is an incompatibility problem with my motherboard or if i just getting bad cards. someone please help cause i don't know what else to do and i don't know what the problem is.
    i9-9900k,asus z370 maximus x code,evga 1000w gold psu,corsair vengance ram,dual boot 7/10(same exact problems on both 7 and 10)p.s. just to be clear about the black screen issue. it would stay black thru multiple reboots until i cleared the cmos. as soon as it would try to load the home screen it'd go black.

That just seems to be way to many rma's for the same model video card and fans issues all the time with them, i believe i would stop thinking video card problems and look elsewhere in the system.  If you have your system overclocked go back to stock speeds and voltages with everything including the gpu, cpu, and memory. Put your motherboard bios on optimum defaults. Don't install any overclocking software for the gpu at this time until you get it figured out. 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21180
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 05:39:26 (permalink)
    If you uninstall Precision X1, MSI Afterburner, ASUS AI Suite, Speedfan, and every other hardware monitoring or overclocking application, reboot, and reinstall the video card drivers choosing the 'clean install' option, does the problem persist?

It seems very likely to be a software conflict, in my opinion.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6118
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 06:02:51 (permalink)
    the run together is hard to read...

But I'm with SparetimePC. But I'd also make sure your Motherboard BIOS was up to date......Probably is...

I am betting something is running at a higher than normal/stock speeds and it's creating some issues.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 07:26:40 (permalink)
    Software issue even doing multiboot OS? I'd say try a different mb.

If resetting the mb bios is the only thing that short term fixes the black screen issue.. then mb is flaky.

Edit:
    If your using some software that works with the mb that was made by the mb.. asus mb software is known to cause issues.. stop using it.. remove it.
    post edited by AHowes - 2020/01/24 07:30:08

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31073
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 09:39:37 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    i have been thru 5 2080 ti ftw3 ultra's(the 1st one that i bought and 4 rma's). to try to make this story as easy as possible to explain, i'll refer to them as 1,2,3,4,5.

1 was bought back in late 2018. i have been having problems with fans 2 & 3 randomly ramping up even though the system is at idle. fan 3 will randomly ramp up to 80-100% for just a few moments. i was also having problems with random black screens about once a month. i tried everything to fix the black screen and the only thing that would fix it was a cmos reset and the fix lasted for about another month. i finally did an rma on it back in dec of 2019 and got gpu 2.

i had fan issues with it but the were completely different from gpu1. ram'd again and got gpu3.

it had the same exact fan issues as gpu1 did. rma'd that card and got gpu4.

that card had a messed up fan controller on fan 1 so that the fan ran the same rpm regardless of anything. rma'd it and i got a brand new in box card this time(gpu5).

i'm having the same fan issues that i had with gpu 1. the pc may sit for hours and be perfectly fine but the fans just start ramping up for no apparent reason. i really don't know what's going on. btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. according to x1, no part of the card will be over 57c when the fan ramps up. i could understand it coming on slowly to cool things down but shooting up to 100% should only happen if the card is at least in the high 60's.

side note: i don't know if i'll have the black screen issue again yet because i have only the card a few days. i don't know if it is an incompatibility problem with my motherboard or if i just getting bad cards. someone please help cause i don't know what else to do and i don't know what the problem is.

[I added some spaces in "your Quote" above - to help readability]

As far as "Black screens" ---> The Most Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

We can jump Past all the RMA stuff.  ---> Bottom line you have had 2 New GPU in that PC that have had Fan issues - that is odd

Card fully seated & locked into PCIe slot & are you using a screw to hold Card in place in your Case ?

Have you tried different slot in your MB ?

Your grounded when installing / removing things from your PC & the power has been removed from the wall ?

Your using two separate PCIe power cables from PSU to the FTW3 ?

BIOS of MB up to date ?

I would minimize the background software during testing (try running Windows Clean boot, & X1 only)

When using "prefer maximum performance" - What is the MHz of your GPU & RAM -

Set your Case fans to 80% or higher for best cooling while testing (get the heat out of the case)

What Monitor & how is it setup ?  what type of cable to connect to PC ?

Please give some details of:

PSU ? model, age ....

OS (Version & build number)

Nvidia driver

Changes you currently have in Nvidia Control Panel

Do you have a Second PC to test the Card in ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 12:28:27 (permalink)
    AHowes
    Software issue even doing multiboot OS? I'd say try a different mb.

If resetting the mb bios is the only thing that short term fixes the black screen issue.. then mb is flaky.

Edit:
    If your using some software that works with the mb that was made by the mb.. asus mb software is known to cause issues.. stop using it.. remove it.

that is very interesting. ur the 1st one to ever mention this. i did have ai suite but i used revo to uninstall it just a few minutes ago after i read ur comment. i'm gonna have to wait and see if that fixes it. i hope so.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 12:37:01 (permalink)
    sparetimepc

That just seems to be way to many rma's for the same model video card and fans issues all the time with them, i believe i would stop thinking video card problems and look elsewhere in the system.  If you have your system overclocked go back to stock speeds and voltages with everything including the gpu, cpu, and memory. Put your motherboard bios on optimum defaults. Don't install any overclocking software for the gpu at this time until you get it figured out. 

that's what i'm starting to do.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 12:39:09 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    If you uninstall Precision X1, MSI Afterburner, ASUS AI Suite, Speedfan, and every other hardware monitoring or overclocking application, reboot, and reinstall the video card drivers choosing the 'clean install' option, does the problem persist?

It seems very likely to be a software conflict, in my opinion.

i don't have speedfan. i just revo uninstalled asus ai suite to see if that helps. i have previously uninstalled px1 and msi afterburner and had the same problems so i know that they aren't the problem.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 12:42:52 (permalink)
    transdogmifier

But I'm with SparetimePC. But I'd also make sure your Motherboard BIOS was up to date......Probably is...

I am betting something is running at a higher than normal/stock speeds and it's creating some issues.

my bios is a little old. i've been seriously considering updating it but i have tried that in the past and it didn't fix it. i'm also concerned about the spectre and meltdown performance killing protections that the new bios will install so i have tried that yet. and yes, the ram and cpu are oc'd. i don't see how that effects temps on the card though and i didn't have this problem with my 1080ti.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 12:47:12 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    bulkchart32
    i have been thru 5 2080 ti ftw3 ultra's(the 1st one that i bought and 4 rma's). to try to make this story as easy as possible to explain, i'll refer to them as 1,2,3,4,5.

1 was bought back in late 2018. i have been having problems with fans 2 & 3 randomly ramping up even though the system is at idle. fan 3 will randomly ramp up to 80-100% for just a few moments. i was also having problems with random black screens about once a month. i tried everything to fix the black screen and the only thing that would fix it was a cmos reset and the fix lasted for about another month. i finally did an rma on it back in dec of 2019 and got gpu 2.

i had fan issues with it but the were completely different from gpu1. ram'd again and got gpu3.

it had the same exact fan issues as gpu1 did. rma'd that card and got gpu4.

that card had a messed up fan controller on fan 1 so that the fan ran the same rpm regardless of anything. rma'd it and i got a brand new in box card this time(gpu5).

i'm having the same fan issues that i had with gpu 1. the pc may sit for hours and be perfectly fine but the fans just start ramping up for no apparent reason. i really don't know what's going on. btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. according to x1, no part of the card will be over 57c when the fan ramps up. i could understand it coming on slowly to cool things down but shooting up to 100% should only happen if the card is at least in the high 60's.

side note: i don't know if i'll have the black screen issue again yet because i have only the card a few days. i don't know if it is an incompatibility problem with my motherboard or if i just getting bad cards. someone please help cause i don't know what else to do and i don't know what the problem is.

[I added some spaces in "your Quote" above - to help readability]

As far as "Black screens" ---> The Most Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

We can jump Past all the RMA stuff.  ---> Bottom line you have had 2 New GPU in that PC that have had Fan issues - that is odd

Card fully seated & locked into PCIe slot & are you using a screw to hold Card in place in your Case ?

Have you tried different slot in your MB ?

Your grounded when installing / removing things from your PC & the power has been removed from the wall ?

Your using two separate PCIe power cables from PSU to the FTW3 ?

BIOS of MB up to date ?

I would minimize the background software during testing (try running Windows Clean boot, & X1 only)

When using "prefer maximum performance" - What is the MHz of your GPU & RAM -

Set your Case fans to 80% or higher for best cooling while testing (get the heat out of the case)

What Monitor & how is it setup ?  what type of cable to connect to PC ?

Please give some details of:

PSU ? model, age ....

OS (Version & build number)

Nvidia driver

Changes you currently have in Nvidia Control Panel

Do you have a Second PC to test the Card in ?

power is disconnected when installing/removing gpu. i am using both power connecters on the card. mb bios is slightly old. the side panels are off of my case and the room temp is in the 60f's.
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 13:07:45 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    transdogmifier

my bios is a little old. i've been seriously considering updating it but i have tried that in the past and it didn't fix it. i'm also concerned about the spectre and meltdown performance killing protections that the new bios will install so i have tried that yet. and yes, the ram and cpu are oc'd. i don't see how that effects temps on the card though and i didn't have this problem with my 1080ti.

Just because the fans are going wacko doesn't mean it's the temps causing it, you would be surprised how hardware problems or overclock settings can cause fans to do goofy things.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49187
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 13:08:07 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    i have been having problems with fans 2 & 3 randomly ramping up even though the system is at idle. fan 3 will randomly ramp up to 80-100% for just a few moments. i was also having problems with random black screens about once a month. btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. 

just to be clear about the black screen issue. it would stay black thru multiple reboots until i cleared the cmos. as soon as it would try to load the home screen it'd go black.

#1 If your fans are only ramping up randomly when you have "prefer maximum performance" set then you clearly need to set that setting to "adaptive" to fix your fan ramping issues as your card is getting hot due to running the "prefer maximum performance" setting 24/7. The "prefer maximum performance" causes cards to run at elevated clocks at idle when enabled.

#2 If the card stays in a black screen through the reboot process then it sounds like a fast boot setting inside your bios may be enabled which is skipping lots of startup processes to get to windows faster. What do you mean by home screen? The windows home screen? The bios home screen? Do you have windows fast startup enabled? If yes, disable it... https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 13:11:54 (permalink)
    Things to try out as I will repeat on what's been said because I don't think this is a GPU issue.

1. Stock settings on BIOS.  (Not all OCs are compatible with the next piece of hardware.  You'd have to start over on your OCs.)

2.  Don't run more than one GPU controlling and monitoring app.  Stick with one.  Preferably PX1.

3.  As stated, remove that AIsuite.

4.  Update your PC's BIOS, Windows, Nvidia Drivers. (Stick with Win 10)

5.  Might have to replace the CMOS battery if your MB is really old.

6.  How old is the PSU as you might have to test out its fluctuations and see if its still in spec.

7.  Setup your own fan curve if the ramping up is driving you nuts.
    post edited by GTXJackBauer - 2020/01/24 14:44:23

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 14:19:24 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    i did have ai suite but i used revo to uninstall it just a few minutes ago after i read ur comment. i'm gonna have to wait and see if that fixes it. i hope so.

I'll just say that you definately should run AI Suite 3 Cleaner to clean up any lingering ASUS services after uninstalling Ai Suite 3 normally..There will almost certainly be leftover services remaining/running.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

spit051261
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 22:05:15 (permalink)
    Update your bios .
    What ram are you running ?
    I have an asus and it's not easy to get fast ram to behave on these boards .
    Can't believe all 5 cards are bad .
    You have another problem.
    Another thing, run DDU and re install driver.
    Sounds like your driver is acting up too.

Gaming Rig - Lian Li Dynamic XL, MSI Z490 Godlike, i9 10900k (SP 88)  delidded with Rockit IHS, G-Skill 4266 RAM 2X8 , MSI Z Trio 2080ti, Aorus RGB 360 AIO, EVO 2Tb 970 Plus Nvme,1600watt P2, Acer Predator X27 Monitor, K95 Platinum, G502,G560, ST100 RGB, Void RGB Elite.
    OC Rig - Lian Li T70, Apex XII , i9 10900k (SP 93) delidded with direct die cooling, G-Skill 4000 2X8  Cl15-16-16 RAM , Evga KPE 2080ti, 2 x 1 Tb Evo 970 Plus Nvme, Evga 1600watt P2, EXC 800 Chiller.
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 22:30:08 (permalink)
    After reading this whole thread, here's what I would do:
    1. Open your window (actual window, not Windows).
    2. Pick up your computer tower.
    3. Throw your computer tower out the window (again the REAL window, not Windows).
    4. Go to your nearest Apple store (the company, not the fruit).
    5. Buy an Ipad.
    6. Don't buy another computer...
    spit051261
    SSC Member
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 22:38:17 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    3. Throw your computer tower out the window (again the REAL window, not Windows).
    5. Buy an Ipad.

The problem with that idea is Apple are junk and he wants a "fast" computer to benchmark and game.
    Not something to say to his mates " uhh look at me , I'm using Apple ".
    Thinking to himself, I'm an idiot for even thinking about it.
    post edited by Sajin - 2020/01/24 22:41:52

Gaming Rig - Lian Li Dynamic XL, MSI Z490 Godlike, i9 10900k (SP 88)  delidded with Rockit IHS, G-Skill 4266 RAM 2X8 , MSI Z Trio 2080ti, Aorus RGB 360 AIO, EVO 2Tb 970 Plus Nvme,1600watt P2, Acer Predator X27 Monitor, K95 Platinum, G502,G560, ST100 RGB, Void RGB Elite.
    OC Rig - Lian Li T70, Apex XII , i9 10900k (SP 93) delidded with direct die cooling, G-Skill 4000 2X8  Cl15-16-16 RAM , Evga KPE 2080ti, 2 x 1 Tb Evo 970 Plus Nvme, Evga 1600watt P2, EXC 800 Chiller.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/24 23:14:00 (permalink)
    spit051261
    Update your bios .
    What ram are you running ?
    I have an asus and it's not easy to get fast ram to behave on these boards .
    Can't believe all 5 cards are bad .
    You have another problem.
    Another thing, run DDU and re install driver.
    Sounds like your driver is acting up too.

a tip from another person on this thread lead me to uninstall asus ai suite 3 and them seems to have fixed it. u may wanna do the same to see if ur pc works better. i highly recommend using revo uninstaller to get all the little remenants off ur pc.
    bulkchart32
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/25 00:04:05 (permalink)
    sigh......i thought it was fixed. but it is not.
    spit051261
    SSC Member
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/25 08:23:33 (permalink)
    a tip from another person on this thread lead me to uninstall asus ai suite 3 and them seems to have fixed it. u may wanna do the same to see if ur pc works better. i highly recommend using revo uninstaller to get all the little remenants off ur pc.

No thanks but thanks for the offer
    My PC is working fine BTW .
    It's your MOBO or RAM , definitely hardware and most certainly not your GPU.
    Why didn't you realize after the first 3 or 4 RMA's ?
    Nobody is that unlucky.
    post edited by spit051261 - 2020/01/25 08:47:42

jeffyt
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/25 11:24:33 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    btw, this only happens when i have "prefer maximum performance" selected in the nvidia control panels. 

Are you sure you followed Sajin's advice already?
    Sajin#1 If your fans are only ramping up randomly when you have "prefer maximum performance" set then you clearly need to set that setting to "adaptive" to fix your fan ramping issues as your card is getting hot due to running the "prefer maximum performance" setting 24/7. The "prefer maximum performance" causes cards to run at elevated clocks at idle when enabled.

Leave Global Settings to "Adaptive" and make custom game configs in the "Program Settings" tab Prefer Maximum Performance.

Intel Core i7-7700k | Gigabyte 2080ti | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Corsair RM750i | HAF X
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/26 23:08:38 (permalink)
    spit051261
    chrisdglong
    5. Buy an Ipad.

The problem with that idea is Apple are junk and he wants a "fast" computer to benchmark and game.
    Not something to say to his mates " uhh look at me , I'm using Apple ".
    Thinking to himself, I'm an idiot for even thinking about it.

I was thinking it would be the easiest to use. I'm thinking he could just buy it and use it. He wouldn't need to do anything at all with it, and it would be difficult to break. Unlike his current situation...
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/27 01:29:53 (permalink)
    bulkchart32
    sigh......i thought it was fixed. but it is not.

Are you using multiple monitors? Geforce experience installed?

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    spit051261
    SSC Member
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/27 02:48:37 (permalink)
    I very much doubt its your graphics card .
    Can't you try it on another pc

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: i don't know whats wrong, please help! 2020/01/27 12:50:55 (permalink)
    bulkchart32

Are you really idling the card at over 55C and acting surprised when the fans randomly come on...?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile