Will precision X1 ever be fixed?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
nznat2013
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/11 09:14:23 (permalink)
Just a question.  Will there ever be a fully functional precision X1 software release?

There are so many bugs, so much time passing, and still no fixes.  Every single time, and i mean every single release is broken, and if something does get fixed, that very release breaks something else.

Then when a fix does finally come along for the new broken settings, then brand new stuff ups is placed in the newest release. wow  

Around and around we go.  

I ask: Will there ever be a fully functional release without bugs for our VERY expensive video cards?

Even the side of the videocard box states how amazing this software is?  hahaha 

PLEASE can we get a final functional release EVGA? 

76 Replies Related Threads

d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5496
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 12:38:44 (permalink)
    Well it is still considered Beta software.

I am having no issues with 0.3.11 - but I may not use it as extensively as others. I use it mainly to set a profile with a 
    manual fan curve I have put in, along with Power and Temp targets maxed. I do not have it set to start with Windows, I start PX1 after loaded to desktop.

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

nznat2013
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 12:41:26 (permalink)
    STILL CONSIDERED BETA!!!!   Its been a beta for "years". hahahahahaha FAIL!   Its always a beta. Always, never does it get a final release date, or a fully functional release of the software. NEVER! They always release it in beta form, and have the excuse its in beta because of all the new video cards that come out.  come on
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 13:13:36 (permalink)
    nznat2013
    STILL CONSIDERED BETA!!!!   Its been a beta for "years". hahahahahaha FAIL!   Its always a beta. Always, never does it get a final release date, or a fully functional release of the software. NEVER! They always release it in beta form, and have the excuse its in beta because of all the new video cards that come out.  come on

"years"..  3 months after its release.
    nznat2013
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 13:18:27 (permalink)
    precision has been out for "years", not 3 months, every single release has been a beta that had major issues. everyone knows it, thats why so many people went to the competition to use their software instead, like afterburner. I mean, come on.  
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 13:44:21 (permalink)
    Precision X1 is in the title, and the main post.  Precision X1 has only been available for 3 months. 

Afterburner has also been in Beta since RTX cards released, 3 months ago.  

Unwinder builds afterburner for MSI.  Unwinder also use to build Precision, up to version 4.2.1, and had a lot of experience working with all of the systems.  Unwinder continues to build on the software that he has established years ago, and improve on it.

EVGA started building Precision XOC starting with the 980 launch.  When they released 5.0, they were called out for using unwinders code, which they had paid for, so they pulled 5.0 off the download list, and build precision XOC 6.0 from scratch.  Yes, there were issues, because EVGA does NOT, believe it or not, have access to every single build available to the public.  To have access, they need to have users report their issues back, because otherwise they would never know what issues were out there. 

Starting with the RTX launch, EVGA released another new software, Precision X1.  Precision X1 was also built from scratch, not using coding from the older Precision XOC.  

I know very little about programming, but I would assume that it is not an easy task to figure out what every single person using the software is using, and know how to remove the issues.  With Precision X1, EVGA has been pushing updates much faster than before.  

If you like Afterburner more, use it.  There is nothing wrong with using the software that was established many years ago, and maintains the same features it has always had.  I use afterburner, and it works great, but I also do not utilize an EVGA gpu that requires Precision X1 or Precision XOC. Afterburner is very plain, and just works.
    nznat2013
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 13:48:52 (permalink)
    sorry, what has your reply got to do with anything i have been saying?

Who cares if its beta, who cares if its made from old code or from scratch.

Its a peace of software that doesn't work as stated, and was supposed to be a breakthrough, and the amount of money paid for our cards (which was stated to come with amazing software to unlock the potential of our cards purchased), still doesn't fulfill what it was supposed to do.

We don't ask for much, but wow, so many issues with it, its not funny

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 15:47:06 (permalink)
    And they are working to improve the issues. Again, the programmer can not account for all of the hardware configurations others have, so it will take time and feedback. The quantity of updates recently has been higher and better than in the past, which is a very good sign that EVGA is actively working to improve the software.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 16:18:06 (permalink)
    nznat2013
    sorry, what has your reply got to do with anything i have been saying?

Who cares if its beta, who cares if its made from old code or from scratch.

Its a peace of software that doesn't work as stated, and was supposed to be a breakthrough, and the amount of money paid for our cards (which was stated to come with amazing software to unlock the potential of our cards purchased), still doesn't fulfill what it was supposed to do.

We don't ask for much, but wow, so many issues with it, its not funny

I'm not happy with it either, but be honest for a change. eVGA isn't a huge company with a lot of devs running around programming..and they certainly don't have scores of QA people to test it either.

I'd love them to hire more people and dedicate them to the software that never seems to get done and polished...but that's not gonna happen, I'd say.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

dsublett
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 17:54:56 (permalink)
    I'm really tired of EVGA's defenders.  Let's set the record straight.  EVGA is not a small company by any means. The fact is they can't develop software.  Simply put, EVGA is a hardware company. They never should have developed hardware that relies on software for control and monitoring. 

They don't need to hire more developers -- they need to hire some competent developers.  The current staff they have do not know how to code software -- no one here can say otherwise.  This is obvious to anyone that frequents this site and has tried using any form of Precision.  Further, this isn't a complicated piece of software. It's a fan controller / temp monitoring program.  I'll say it for the last time.  The current developers employed by EVGA (probably someone's son or daughter who works there) do not know programming.  Lastly, EVGA refuses to come in here and tell us what is really going on with Precision.

It's really a disservice when a lot of us come in here and post real issues only to have them discounted by other users that spend days making Precision function even in a minimal form.  For example, one poster in here says the solution is to manually run the software after each boot and that is an acceptable workaround. No it isn't. This software has serious issues and can literally destroy your gpu if you aren't careful.

I can't express my disappointment anymore clearly.  EVGA hire some real developers and get this done. It doesn't take months to produce a piece of software like this. And stop treating your customers like second class citizens.
    post edited by dsublett - 2019/01/11 17:57:19
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/11 19:19:40 (permalink)
    dsublett
    I'm really tired of EVGA's defenders.  Let's set the record straight.  EVGA is not a small company by any means. The fact is they can't develop software.  Simply put, EVGA is a hardware company. They never should have developed hardware that relies on software for control and monitoring. 

They don't need to hire more developers -- they need to hire some competent developers.  The current staff they have do not know how to code software -- no one here can say otherwise.  This is obvious to anyone that frequents this site and has tried using any form of Precision.  Further, this isn't a complicated piece of software. It's a fan controller / temp monitoring program.  I'll say it for the last time.  The current developers employed by EVGA (probably someone's son or daughter who works there) do not know programming.  Lastly, EVGA refuses to come in here and tell us what is really going on with Precision.

It's really a disservice when a lot of us come in here and post real issues only to have them discounted by other users that spend days making Precision function even in a minimal form.  For example, one poster in here says the solution is to manually run the software after each boot and that is an acceptable workaround. No it isn't. This software has serious issues and can literally destroy your gpu if you aren't careful.

I can't express my disappointment anymore clearly.  EVGA hire some real developers and get this done. It doesn't take months to produce a piece of software like this. And stop treating your customers like second class citizens.

You seem to know a lot about EVGA's employee status and company size.  

The GPU doesn't rely on software, it relies on firmware.  The firmware is in place and even updated by EVGA so that the card can, indeed, operate without software. NVidia doesn't make a fancy overclocking program (although they do have a very basic program), and the EVGA card is built around NVidia's design, so the card should function within parameters without the software.

You state that it isn't a complicated piece of software.. have you coded software that controls hardware?  I would state not, since you state that this is a fan controller and temp monitoring program.  Precision is by far more than that. Precision can monitor temps and control fans quite well from all of the experience I have with it.  

You aren't being treated like a second class citizen. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 06:01:35 (permalink)
    EVGA is a small company compared to ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI.
    Employee's:
    ASUS 17,00
    GIGABYTE 7,100
    MSI 2320
    EVGA 250+

EVGA make some decent hardware but they fall short when it comes to software side of things.

dsublett
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 07:11:04 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    dsublett

You seem to know a lot about EVGA's employee status and company size.  

The GPU doesn't rely on software, it relies on firmware.  The firmware is in place and even updated by EVGA so that the card can, indeed, operate without software. NVidia doesn't make a fancy overclocking program (although they do have a very basic program), and the EVGA card is built around NVidia's design, so the card should function within parameters without the software.

You state that it isn't a complicated piece of software.. have you coded software that controls hardware?  I would state not, since you state that this is a fan controller and temp monitoring program.  Precision is by far more than that. Precision can monitor temps and control fans quite well from all of the experience I have with it.  

You aren't being treated like a second class citizen. 

The software does not work. Defend EVGA and Precision all you want.

---
    What do my coding skills have to do with the fact that Precision doesn't function? You're just defending them. So, by your argument since I am not a coder I shouldn't expect EVGA to employ programmers that can handle creating what is basically a fan controller program? You're just arguing. 

Fact: Precision does not work properly on any iteration of Windows OS or hardware.  Stop defending EVGA.  I didn't say they don't make good hardware, but icx tech is not based on Nvidia ref designs so you are flat wrong there.  ICX is EVGA's design and it is unsupported in software because Precision is non-functional.

Look I like EVGA hardware, but until end-users stop letting them off the hook for this it isn't going to get fixed. Are you sating that it is impossible to produce a piece of software that does what EVGA advertises Precision should do?

(consolidated two posts into 1 as Bother were a reply to the quote above, by Cool GTX)
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2019/01/12 08:50:43
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 08:59:16 (permalink)
    dsublett

Fact: Precision does not work properly on any iteration of Windows OS or hardware. 
    Look I like EVGA hardware, but until end-users stop letting them off the hook for this it isn't going to get fixed.

You may have had many issues with the software but your statement overreaches.

Facts - under Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro, I've been able to run many versions of Precision

1) I use Precision XOC on 6 different GPUs that run 24/7 with No issues on 3 different Rigs
         2) I run 2 RTX GPU with X1 software - with no issues - 24/7

see my signature builds for more Rig details

Could Precision be easier to use or more forgiving of how it is install or updated - sure it could

This thread is about X1 and yes it has had its teething pains & EVGA has been working hard to update it.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

dsublett
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 09:09:17 (permalink)
    Another moderator defending without facts. Look eventually you guys are going to have to admit this software has issues whether it's Precison XOC, X or whatever iteration.  Unfortunately, you see it as your job to defend the software not end users. And, yes I understand forums and threads etc, I'm just trying to get EVGA to listen to users that are having problems and you are downplaying. Downplaying allows them to determine that the software is functioning properly when it is not.

Are you really going to be the guy that tells me that because it worked for you that it is my issue and not the software?  I don't think anyone here is going to believe that tired old line anymore.

Basically you want to silence anyone that is pointing out problems with Precision.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 09:32:12 (permalink)
    Best way to share your thoughts direct with EVGA

https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 09:44:17 (permalink)
    Dsublett,

Not once have you been silenced. Not once have you been treated as a second class citizen. You are making things sound worse than they are, and that is fine.

ICX tech does work on precision. If it doesn’t, please provide the model of your GPU and version of Precision you are using with a screen shot showing that it doesn’t work, so that the programmer can work on it.

I never once said it doesn’t have issues. Every software has issues or we would live in a perfect world. You misunderstand a conversation versus defending. You are stating there is a mountain, and I am stating that is a mole hill.

As issues are reported, evga works to correct them. If you want to build hundreds of systems using all sorts of hardware, it would help for figuring out what bugs need to be worked on.

You stated that it was a simple program. You don’t seem to have programming experience if you believe that, so that is what it has to do with your programming skills. Precision works, although not perfect, on many versions of windows and many different systems. Again, EVGA can not control or test every variable of component configuration there is.
    d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5496
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 09:51:57 (permalink)
    I can attest to issues reported sometimes getting addressed.

I game in VR with an Oculus Rift. For the first few builds of PX1, there was an issue where upon launching Oculus Home (usually launches when headset is put on)  the PX1 software would close down. One would not notice this after putting headset on unless raising it to look at the monitor. Not a good situation.

I reported it, and each success build that still had it I would report again.
    EVGA fixed it a couple of builds ago.
    Best to report the individual issues one is having and hopefully at some point during the continuing development they will get them addressed.
    The Precision forum is not as busy as it was earlier on, so they must be making at least some progress. Hopefully they will continue doing so.

post edited by d.burnette - 2019/01/12 09:56:31

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

dsublett
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 10:19:06 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Dsublett,

Not once have you been silenced. Not once have you been treated as a second class citizen. You are making things sound worse than they are, and that is fine.

ICX tech does work on precision. If it doesn’t, please provide the model of your GPU and version of Precision you are using with a screen shot showing that it doesn’t work, so that the programmer can work on it.

I never once said it doesn’t have issues. Every software has issues or we would live in a perfect world. You misunderstand a conversation versus defending. You are stating there is a mountain, and I am stating that is a mole hill.

As issues are reported, evga works to correct them. If you want to build hundreds of systems using all sorts of hardware, it would help for figuring out what bugs need to be worked on.

You stated that it was a simple program. You don’t seem to have programming experience if you believe that, so that is what it has to do with your programming skills. Precision works, although not perfect, on many versions of windows and many different systems. Again, EVGA can not control or test every variable of component configuration there is.

Don't preach to me I am not a low-level user. I understand what you're saying. But, you guys refuse to admit this software has serious basic issues and does not function.  I'm not gonna argue about this anymore.  I've expressed myself to EVGA directly already.  It would be nice to have you guys support in here instead of getting "no you're wrong...you're not doing it right...it works for me...etc."  I've always been an EVGA supporter, but not anymore.

exilelrrp
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 411
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 15:47:37 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    dsublett

Fact: Precision does not work properly on any iteration of Windows OS or hardware. 
    Look I like EVGA hardware, but until end-users stop letting them off the hook for this it isn't going to get fixed.

You may have had many issues with the software but your statement overreaches.

Facts - under Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro, I've been able to run many versions of Precision

1) I use Precision XOC on 6 different GPUs that run 24/7 with No issues on 3 different Rigs
         2) I run 2 RTX GPU with X1 software - with no issues - 24/7

see my signature builds for more Rig details

Could Precision be easier to use or more forgiving of how it is install or updated - sure it could

This thread is about X1 and yes it has had its teething pains & EVGA has been working hard to update it.

After the (Precision 4.2.1) I always used Afterburner and prefer the simplicity of it because it's stable and it works.

Now I've had the EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid for some time now and I'am forced to use the EVGA Precision XOC in order to use the Fan Curve, RGB and OSD for my specific GPU.

I still have issue no matter what I do, most of the time the software doesn't stay on after starting my setup, it disappears once I hover the mouse over it and I have to relaunch the software.
    Then I click on my (profile #1) to make sure its on, I minimize it and then I go back on it to double check, it's back to (profile #0)? everything else seems to be working like RGB and Fan Curve, but for some reason the OSD sometimes doesn't, yet it's set to starts with windows?

Now some times I have to reboot my system and go through the process of making sure everything is working on PXOC (profile # 1), because even though everything seems to be right, when I go into my game there's no OSD? I relaunch PXOC and nothing....Then I reboot my system, go through the steps double check it again making sure the (profile #1) is running, I go into game and this time the OSD is showing in game...

I'm just tired of rebooting my system so the software and my profile can work probably.

My cousin who has the same GPU as me, but a whole different setup, is also having similar issues with his PXOC. 

Unfortunately not everyone is having the same good luck as you or works for EVGA having that surrounding (ensuring) that you have the best experience with the product and software compared to us customers.  

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

exilelrrp
    iCX Member
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 15:57:59 (permalink)
    Now I do have a question : Is it possible to use the PX1 for my specific (EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3) GPU?? 
    Because at this point I'm willing to try anything that's compatible to my GPU, that will have my (Fan Curve, RGB and OSD) profile settings that will start with Windows and have no issues.

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 16:20:22 (permalink)
    exilelrrp
    Now I do have a question : Is it possible to use the PX1 for my specific (EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3) GPU?? 
    Because at this point I'm willing to try anything that's compatible to my GPU, that will have my (Fan Curve, RGB and OSD) profile settings that will start with Windows and have no issues.

PX1 supports both GTX & RTX cards, so it should work.

exilelrrp
    iCX Member
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 16:58:00 (permalink)
    Sajin
    exilelrrp

PX1 supports both GTX & RTX cards, so it should work.

Will check on that. Thank You

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 17:45:18 (permalink)
    No problem.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/12 18:31:19 (permalink)
    dsublett,

No one is preaching to you, you aren’t being treated like a second class citizen, no one said you were a low level user, you aren’t being silenced.

Not sure why you are crying wolf. Not even sure why you are making these claims at this point.

exilelrrp
    My cousin who has the same GPU as me, but a whole different setup, is also having similar issues with his PXOC. 

Unfortunately not everyone is having the same good luck as you or works for EVGA having that surrounding (ensuring) that you have the best experience with the product and software compared to us customers.  

Have you tried afterburner? I winder stated that he would not program for asynchronous fans a while back when only EVGA had them, but I think he was going to try to. Maybe give the afterburner 4.6 beta a shot and see if it works?

I will state that moderators do not work for EVGA. We get the same support you get. We volunteer to help around the forums.
    dsublett
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/13 08:14:04 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    dsublett,

No one is preaching to you, you aren’t being treated like a second class citizen, no one said you were a low level user, you aren’t being silenced.

Not sure why you are crying wolf. Not even sure why you are making these claims at this point.

exilelrrp

Have you tried afterburner? I winder stated that he would not program for asynchronous fans a while back when only EVGA had them, but I think he was going to try to. Maybe give the afterburner 4.6 beta a shot and see if it works?

I will state that moderators do not work for EVGA. We get the same support you get. We volunteer to help around the forums.

I'm crying Wolf? Are you kidding me? You are actually accusing me of not telling the truth and being insincere?  This is exactly what I am talking about. We're not in the same boat here because you as a moderator cannot be intellectually honest about the issues with this program.  Just in the course of 24 hours another series of the same issues and same posts appear in these forums that remain unaddressed. All I'm asking you guys in here to do is get on the same side.

Also, yes I am using Afterburner. I have no other choice. It does not allow asynchronous control of fans as I have said over and over. Unwinder doesn't support this and besides it's not his job to create software for EVGA.

I would encourage every user here with issues to contact EVGA directly and stop posting in this forum because it's just a place for issues to go and not get addressed. I don't even think EVGA is looking here for issues and resolutions to issues.  I am encouraging their QA department as well to start reading this forum.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/13 08:58:33 (permalink)
    dsublett,

In my last post, I addressed very specific things about your actions/words/posts, and said nothing about precision to you, but you interpret what is said into what you want to read.  Please take the time to read what is posted, rather than interpreting what you want to read.

Also, notice there was a quote AFTER I finished addressing your post, meaning I started talking to a different individual.. not you.  You seem to have taken severe offense that I asked someone with a hybrid card if they had tried afterburner. This message wasn't directed at you, as was noted by the quote from another individual before the question was asked.

I have stated many times that EVGA is working on the issues.  Why are you skipping that part and then stating that I haven't admitted it?  Here, I will do it again, for you... Precision has issues and is a work in progress, and EVGA has been pushing updates faster for precision X1 than they have in the past. If you have issues, please report them up with full system specs so that EVGA can try to replicate the issue.. keep in mind, EVGA was closed for most of the holidays that just passed, so it may be a little while before the next update is pushed with more fixes. 

Yes, more people are going to report issues.  Believe it or not, that is how this works.  People have to report an issue to get it corrected. 

Have you ever used a smart phone and noticed problems?  Apple is/was, a trillion dollar company and has had many issues with their software... If a trillion dollar company with thousands of employees and far more users have issues, you better believe small companies will as well. Apple has taken quite a few weeks to correct relatively major issues that are reported immediately by millions of users.  Android has done the same.. They both have tons of programmers on their staff to correct the issues, but they still happen with every phone and software release.

post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/01/13 09:01:51
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/13 10:53:39 (permalink)
    @ exilelrrp 
    re: Post 21 

I am not an EVGA employee.  I am a volunteer moderator for the EVGA Forums and a fellow enthusiast, pushing PCs is Fun 

1) I will concede the OSD "feature" is a known issue / bug .... & I do Not use it because it is known to cause issues ..... 

2) AIO Folding Rig: Win 10 Pro, (2) - EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrids, Precision XOC ver 6.1.14 & Nvidia driver378.92 (GPU & PhysX Only) does what I need

3) My "Luck" comes from using best practices & testing to find combinations that just plain work ....

Once it works well, I do not load an update just because its new .... sometimes the older versions are the stable versions

CyberbrainPC
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 149
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/23 10:30:56 (permalink)
    I was having horrible luck with X1 precision (0.3.11.0)
    Card wouldn't go above 0.9370V

Using MSI Afterburner, I get much better results. 

I really want to use X1 precision, but it made me think my card was defective. 

My Affiliate Code: GTQRMTK9I1

ee11vv22gg33aa44
    • Total Posts : 54
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/01/24 07:41:02 (permalink)
    The answer to your question is a resounding no.
    There will never be a fully functional version of EVGA software for their GPUs.

Use afterburner if you don't have individual fan control- if you have individual fan control afterburner will only control one fan (the other will be controlled by EVGA bios) but it is still worth it for some... because it works.

Honestly if I were EVGA I would give up the ghost on this software entirely. They are wasting money developing (if you could call it that) a piece of software that hurts their brand. 
    post edited by ee11vv22gg33aa44 - 2019/01/24 07:47:04
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile