Author
Trogdoor2010
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 235
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2010/03/31 13:29:13 (permalink)
So, why do you guys fold?

I know it helps a good cause and all, which is fine, but the part I don't get is seeing people on the SR2 forum or elsewhere talking about buying expensive hardware specifically for folding.

It's a rather self envident truth that games these days just don't take advantage of the hardware available to them, especially CPU hardware and multiple cores. Dual xeon processors on an SR2 board sporting 24 threads is super awesome, but to spend the money on such a thing simply for folding seems like a very strange reason.

Less understandable still are people who get like 7 graphics cards and put them onto a classified 4-way motherboard for the purpose of folding. Granted, 3 of those can be put into SLI, but the other 4 can't be used when gaming...well, one can be made into a dedicated physX card, but that still leaves you with 3 extra cards that don't really do you any good.

So, what are the reasons? Why do you do it? How much would or have you spent on either a dedicated folding machine or hardware that you cannot actually utilize in gaming or other productivity applications that directly benefit you?

System Specs:
Core2 quad q9450 2.66Ghz
XFX 780i Motherboard
4GB ram
ZOTAC GTX 480 1536MB Graphics Card
Geforce 9400 1024MB graphics card (For Tri-Screen Action)
700W Power Supply
Windows 7
160GB HD (OS+Progs)
750GB HD (Short Term Backup)
2TB JBOD Array (Long Term Storage)

Bottleneck? WAT!? :p

36 Replies Related Threads

rjbelans
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6105
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 13:44:56 (permalink)
    Because I'm addicted to it.

Hi, my name is Ron, and I'm a Foldaholic.

Stanford set the system up very well to promote competition.
    dave851
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1417
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 13:51:22 (permalink)
    I have seen many people around me friends and family that have had their life changed or lost becuase of cancers,  Alzheimer's and huntingtons. One of my cousins has parkinsons. I know just 1 smaller folder like myself is not going to cure these but I can still help. This is a team effort by everyone not just team evga. I have seen what it can do and will do anything i can to help prevent it from happening to anyone, I would not wish it upon my worst enemy.

p.s. its also easy to get hooked.
    fighter25
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 357
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 14:17:50 (permalink)
    I started folding because I have many family members that have been affected by cancer, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's. But I've also become addicted to it. It gives me a good reason to buy the latest hardware, and feed my inner enthusiast addiction for folding and nice hardware.

HEATWARE  

Rig
    i7 920 @ 4.0GHz
    EVGA X58 Micro
    6GB Mushkin Redline 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB EE SLi  
    Xigmatek S964 
    HX650W
    750Gb Seagate

NZXT Vulcan

_Nite_
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14962
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 14:46:09 (permalink)
    My Dad's side of the family had really bad cancer battles and didn't survive, I fold in honor of them.

Gaming Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.25Ghz - Asrock B450 Pro 4 - 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000 - 240GB SSD (OS), 1TB ADATA SU800 SSD and 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M2 NVME (Games) - 8GB RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra - Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX - EVGA Supernova 750w G2 - Antec 302 - 24" Asus VG248QE

rcranfield
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4132
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 14:56:09 (permalink)
    Interesting questions. There are a lot of different reasons to fold. Some people set up huge folding farms, with 30+ GPUs sitting on racks or bench trays, and never use them for gaming. Most of those guys are in it for the research, or because they have family members affected and they want to do what they can to heal their loved ones.
    Most of us are folding on one or two rigs, and disable the folding program when we want to do something else.

I think the guys you are talking about, with multiple GPus past the point of 'gaming' are folding enthusiasts. As has been mentioned above there is an 'addiction' to folding when you begin to understand the competitiveness of folding. It was set up by Stanford to be just that. Teams that compete for the most points, and individuals on a team that compete against each other. In that scenario, all your GPUs help as do all your CPUs. Folding can be much like a game for many folks. Trying to set up the clients correctly, tweaking your OCs to that sweet spot that gets the most PPD without causing your system to go unstable. Racing back to enable a client that was disabled by another family member who disabled it, then forgot to enable it when they were done.

There are some who fold also for the incentive program that EVGA has generously put into place. You can earn up to $120 EVGA bucks in a year if you fold consistantly through the year.

I'll make a suggestion to you. If you have never done it before, set up at least one folding client, and wathch your name start coming up through the ranks. See if you can stop at one, and see if you don't get interested to find out how high you can OC your system to get the best points. The best way to understand what folding is about is to.....................fold. Once you have started, then you will understand.

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2992
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 15:03:35 (permalink)
    My grandmother has alzheimers and I like to build computers. The money I have spent in a year would be well worth it if nobodys grandmother had to go through what mine is going through. 

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

Kanti
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4110
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 15:07:08 (permalink)
    I started Folding because my private tracker offers bandwidth for the PPD.  Then I started Folding for EVGA for the Bucks.  Once I discovered that my i7 920 and GTS 250 are formidable components for a good deal of PPD I started folding to try and see how hard I can push my PC to get the most PPD possible.  I discovered folding.extremeoverclocking and found my global stats and all sorts of info in regards  to my performance and now I fold for the thrill.  To start off in 1 millionth place or whatever and then see your stats rise significantly in a short period of time you start to see where you stand in the ENTIRE world as far as folding goes.  Sure there are nutjobs out there with a folding farm that generates millions of PPD and you'll never catch up to them, but to see that you are in the top thousands of the world and that you can predict when you will be number 100 or whatever out of EVERYONE who folds is an awesome feeling.  This is where the addiction sets in,  the human competitive nature.  I don't care about professional sports,  but when it comes to my folding stats or the stock market I get passionate. 

Muh 'filiate code: 387JKEF57G
    700_up
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2404
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 15:22:57 (permalink)
    I fold because I have the hardware, my great grandma died with alzheimers and many of my family members have had cancer of one kind or another.  

But mostly I fold for the points.  I want to go bigger than everyone else and I love seeing how I rank up, without this I would have stopped folding after a couple of days for sure but the points are amazing.  

linuxrouter
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4605
    • Ribbons : 104
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 15:24:24 (permalink)
    For a long time now, I have very much enjoyed participating in various distributed computing projects. I started with Seti back in 2001 with my first SMP system, which was a dual 1.0 GHz P3 setup. Since then I have been participating in quite a few other projects including folding@home. I enjoy contributing to these projects and also being able to work with the latest and greatest hardware. For the folding project, I like the fact that there are many different clients and processing cores available. Bigadv is one of my favorite projects and is one of only several projects I have come across that can take advantage of many processors and a large amount of RAM.

In addition to the distributed computing, I use the hardware for Linux development projects. I have them setup with a program called distcc which allows for compiling source code via processors in multiple systems simultaneously. 

I would like to also go the SR2 route at some point when I can. If not the SR2, maybe something similar. The new Intel 8-core Beckton processors should be coming out any time now and this technology looks promising. AMD's 12-core processor looks promising also.

CaseLabs M-S8 - ASRock X99 Pro - Intel 5960x 4.2 GHz - XSPC CPU WC - EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid SLI - Samsung 950 512GB - EVGA 1600w Titanium
    Affiliate Code: OZJ-0TQ-41NJ
    RBIEZE
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3072
    • Ribbons : 12
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 16:38:24 (permalink)
    I Fold@Home knowing that I can possibly help someone not suffer disease or cancer.

Points are meaningless and only indicate the amount of work Ive helped to accomplish and the efficiency at which Ive done so.

If we can eliminate one childs suffering and improve someones quality of life then we have bettered humanity in some small way.

They say opposites attract. I hope you meet someone who is good-looking, intelligent, and cultured.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2WsPN-rr9o
    Evga X58 4Way sli,W'Cooled i7 950 @3.8, Mushkin redline mem @6-7-6-18 1600Mhz,
    2-Evga GTX770 Sli, Evga Gtx460 Physx, Corsair Neutron 120GB SSD,Samsung 240SSD, W.D Black 640GB /Corsair TX950 Psu, Hanns-G 28" Lcd, Logitech G540 5.1 Surround 
    My Affiliate Code: EECLVEDV7Z

AbeFromanTSKOC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 17:03:56 (permalink)
    "So, what are the reasons? Why do you do it? How much would or have you spent on either a dedicated folding machine or hardware that you cannot actually utilize in gaming or other productivity applications that directly benefit you?"

Because we want to cure cancer and rebuild the economy at the same time. And if that means buying 30+ gpus to fold on, then so be it. You can thank us later
    jmaertens
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 167
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 19:01:48 (permalink)
    It's kind of neat when these threads pop up, seeing people with such diverse reasons for being here all coming together for the same cause. My reason is quite simple. I fold because I lost my father to mantle cell lymphoma. Granted, the incentive offered by EVGA is awesome, but I truly fold to help others who may be facing the same thing. I don't have a huge folding farm, but that's not the point. I just do what I can. When others add in their contributions, no matter how small, it all adds up.

cudenver
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 959
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 19:16:59 (permalink)
    I have  a story behind why I fold. I first started folding because of few guys over at computerforum were having a folding marathon. I figured i had a 275 doing nothing so why not put it to good use. After that was over I found out about team evga. and the evga bucks. I should have never found out about this folding. It has cost me more money that I thought, ( I added it up the other day). I then started building folding machines, to run big adv, now I have 2 big adv machines, and a bunch of cards. I fold because its fun, I learn alot of new stuff doing it and I fold for everyone who has caner, my grandfather died of cancer, My music teacher at school has just been diagnosed with cancer, and is having treatment as we speak, He is such a good guitar player it would be such a shame if he is taken from us. Good luck CD we are thinking of you. So thats my story.

msmith5150
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1397
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 19:23:52 (permalink)
    I fold because I want to pwn noobs.
    I fold because of the tax write off on all the gear I buy.
    I fold because this is the most efficient way I can help to make a difference in people's lives.

MaximumPC  Heatware
    Soldiers of the Wasteland Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild   

techmasterjoe
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 282
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 19:34:09 (permalink)
    i fold for my self and ALL others that want to fix things (people and computers)
    i my self at age 23 2months ago found out i had cancer on my left tonsil after i had them taken out and got the ok
    i got back in to folding as my way of helping others and helping science move along a bit faster i don't really care what my WU go to
    i have lot's a crap doing nothing so i'm putting it to work in a farm (at lest this one don't smell)
    atm my sig shows my first board going online today i have 6 more for a total of 21 GTX295 co-op's and 7 i7 920 at 3.8
    will be doing a post soon to see if i can ask for some help from other folders as i am short 2 PSUs and a set of ram

and i might have to sell some of my stuff to pay may med bills from having my tonsils taken out but i might just sell my weekend car
    (1969 cobra replica i built back in high school and yes it has a 427ci big block 644hp 731tq)
    post edited by techmasterjoe - 2010/03/31 19:35:37

Home =dual gigabit fiber >ONT> Rig One > UniFi POE switch > 5X UniFi AP's
    Rig #1 (ESXi pfSense, L3 Firewall, Deep Packet, VPN's, OwnCloud)
    8700k at 5.0Ghz, 64GB AsRock Z370 itx, FD node 303 case 1x intel X740 Quad SFP+ 2 fiber & 2 RJ45, 6x10TB WD Red's (single disk redundant) 1TB samsung mSata for VM's

Rig #2
    9900K OC'd to 5.1, 32GB OC'd to 4200,
    EKWB single loop (360 XE + 120 SE rads)
    AsRock Taichi Ultimate, EVGA 1000w G3, 1x 2080 ti XC2 ultra, EVGA DG-77 stickers removed 3d printed spacers add 4mm extra gap to front glass and printed pump mount.
    Trogdoor2010
    Superclocked Member
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 21:44:31 (permalink)
    msmith5150

I fold because this is the most efficient way I can help to make a difference in people's lives.

Folding is a tax write off? Really?

I find it wonderful that you all want to help the world by running the folding client.

My own personal computer (as you can see from my sig) is nothing to write home about, though I might give it a try since it's already on my Maximum PC cd. If I can get a tax write off to subsidize my next computer build that would be pretty epic win, add to that some EVGA bucks, and it's slightly more win, and helping people is ALWAYS ultra win.

I was looking to upgrade my system sometime late this year or early next year once I have some money saved up from my internships...

System Specs:
    Core2 quad q9450 2.66Ghz
    XFX 780i Motherboard
    4GB ram
    700W Power Supply
    Windows 7
    160GB HD (OS+Progs)

kaninja
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7075
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 22:15:53 (permalink)
    msmith5150

WHAT  Is it really a tax write-off?  Please tell me this is true.  I do my taxes tomorrow.

+1

I fold, because 90% of the time my PC is just sitting here wishing it was doing something.  Instead of having such a valuable resource sitting idle, I choose to put it to good use for the benefit of everyone.  Hopefully I can contribute some infinitesimal amount to the cure of some horrendous disease by allowing my PC to work when I don't need it.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Trogdoor2010
    Superclocked Member
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 22:26:07 (permalink)
    kaninja

msmith5150

WHAT  Is it really a tax write-off?  Please tell me this is true.  I do my taxes tomorrow.

+1

I fold, because 90% of the time my PC is just sitting here wishing it was doing something.  Instead of having such a valuable resource sitting idle, I choose to put it to good use for the benefit of everyone.  Hopefully I can contribute some infinitesimal amount to the cure of some horrendous disease by allowing my PC to work when I don't need it.

I did a quick Google search, it doesn't appear to be a tax write-off. If it was, I think distributed computing would really take off and we could cure cancer tomorrow, and reach the technological singularity within the decade.

EVGA bucks, however, are real, and worth about $120 per year.
    I am only left to wonder what kind of horesepower it takes to gain 250K fold units per month. What is the minimum specs required if a 24/7 folding machine is to make that deadline?

Do you think a system with my specs (in my sig) could achieve 100K? I doubt 250K is within my reach.

System Specs:
    Core2 quad q9450 2.66Ghz
    XFX 780i Motherboard
    4GB ram
    700W Power Supply
    Windows 7
    160GB HD (OS+Progs)

techmasterjoe
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 282
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 22:58:11 (permalink)
    24/7 a single 260 on your cpu run -smp can hit 250k if not touched

forgive me but thats about 3k-4k ppd a day for your CPU and 7k+ on a 260 216core at 626mhz (can you tell i have one lawl)

i have duel 295's running in my desktop atm no sli running on just 3 of 4 gpu's (forth is for team-mediaportal and HD movies)
    and smp cpu on 7 of of the 8 HT cores (VMware)
    and it's done 58k in 31hrs

(note this is just my Media center PC not used for TV just Anime and Movies  no i hate windows media center)
    and yes you can write off the cost of power to run the rig if it's metered not the rig it's self (get a Kill A WATT)
    post edited by techmasterjoe - 2010/03/31 23:03:10

Home =dual gigabit fiber >ONT> Rig One > UniFi POE switch > 5X UniFi AP's
    Rig #1 (ESXi pfSense, L3 Firewall, Deep Packet, VPN's, OwnCloud)
    8700k at 5.0Ghz, 64GB AsRock Z370 itx, FD node 303 case 1x intel X740 Quad SFP+ 2 fiber & 2 RJ45, 6x10TB WD Red's (single disk redundant) 1TB samsung mSata for VM's

Rig #2
    9900K OC'd to 5.1, 32GB OC'd to 4200,
    EKWB single loop (360 XE + 120 SE rads)
    AsRock Taichi Ultimate, EVGA 1000w G3, 1x 2080 ti XC2 ultra, EVGA DG-77 stickers removed 3d printed spacers add 4mm extra gap to front glass and printed pump mount.
    kaninja
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7075
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/03/31 23:25:17 (permalink)
    Yeah, I started folding again on the 11th of March and hit 250k points a few days ago on my rig.  It is going at least 23hrs per day at this point.

I'm sure you could easily do 100k per month......OC your CPU and you could do over 100k per month on your CPU alone.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Tiger770
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 626
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/01 07:39:45 (permalink)
    As far back as I can remember my Grandfather (mother's dad) had Alzheimer's.  I don't have a single memory not knowing that he was "forgetful."  Between the ages of 9 and 12 my mother used to take me to see them once, sometimes twice a week (they lived out of town).  During these visits I would stay with him (he was still in the early stages) while my mom took Grandma out of the house to give her a break from the constant questioning. 

I can say that during this timeframe, I watched as the man slowly drifted away from the person he once was.  The constant questions would come like clockwork about every 30 minutes.  Then as the weeks passed, went to 25 minutes, 20 minutes, 15.... until he was quite literally asking the same set of questions every 5 minutes (you could almost set your watch to it).

He had with him a notepad he would keep in his front pocket to write himself messages - and later we realized that he was trying to keep a log of what was going on in his daily life so as not to be a burden on anyone.

It was pretty hard to watch as a kid, as both my mother and grandmother would get angry and yell at him in frustration for a disease he couldn't control.  As I grew older I realized they were dealing with the disease in their own way, and it was very much like watching someone you know die right in front of your eyes.

By the end of his life (when I was ~ 14) the only person he remembered was his wife, and that was hit and miss- some days he did, most he didn't.

That's why I fold.  Because it's genetic, and there's a pretty good chance I'll have to watch my mother slip away - and eventually wait for my turn.

stspence
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 245
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/01 14:24:43 (permalink)
    It is a bit of an ethical question for me. I have the hardware and know that most of the time it is totally underutilized. Here's an area where I can use some of my knowledge and equipment to do something good for everyone. Plus there are times when it is just good fun, like in the Chimp Challenge last year. There is a real community across teams. I have learned a lot about people. We have some very inspiring people in the folding community. Technically it is also interesting. it is one thing to OC and bench, but another to run your monster machine(s) at OC while doing real work 24/7. That's doing good and pushing the envelope at the same time.

post edited by stspence - 2010/04/01 14:25:49

msmith5150
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1397
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/01 15:30:15 (permalink)
    kaninja

My wife and I have our taxes done professionally every year. Three years ago I mentioned the folding thing, explained how it works and would the parts I buy be able to be written off as a charitable thing and she said yes. Been turning in receipts ever since. 

MaximumPC  Heatware
    Soldiers of the Wasteland Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild   

RBIEZE
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3072
    • Ribbons : 12
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/01 16:46:23 (permalink)
    Its also possible to claim your hardware as "business related".

They say opposites attract. I hope you meet someone who is good-looking, intelligent, and cultured.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2WsPN-rr9o
    Evga X58 4Way sli,W'Cooled i7 950 @3.8, Mushkin redline mem @6-7-6-18 1600Mhz,
    2-Evga GTX770 Sli, Evga Gtx460 Physx, Corsair Neutron 120GB SSD,Samsung 240SSD, W.D Black 640GB /Corsair TX950 Psu, Hanns-G 28" Lcd, Logitech G540 5.1 Surround 
    My Affiliate Code: EECLVEDV7Z

SLeePYG72786
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 233
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/06 06:36:24 (permalink)
    I fold b/c my grandmother has Alzheimer's, and even though it's too late for her now, I would like to contribute to the cause of helping other people.
    chaos6969
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/06 09:21:53 (permalink)
    i fold because cancer has affected and claimed the lives of a lot of my friends and family members over the years. i just lost another coworker a few weeks ago to a year long battle with cancer and have another battling it as we speak. my fiance also works in a nursing home as a occupational therapist and i get to see and hear of the horrendous affect Alzheimer's has, and i hope that one day, as a collective effort from us folders, we can make a difference for future generations. that being said i am also addicted!!!!! 
    str1d3r
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/06 11:56:35 (permalink)
    I just read this entire thread because I never really knew what folding was. All I knew is that it was some sort of set up that allowed others to use some of your compute power when you were not using it. Thats about as far as I ever looked into it and kinda slammed the door on the idea a long time ago. I had no idea. I commend all who fold and will soon join the cause.

As I type this my father is in a bed upstairs in the final stages of terminal cancer. It started as prostate cancer about 2 years ago and was said to be inoperable due to age and other health issues. The 3rd type of chemo that he has been through (Docs called it the big guns) didnt even slow it down. It has spread thoughout the liver, lungs, neck, legs .... the doctor went on but my mind drifted. They said they didnt think he would survive a month on marh 11th and sent him home under hospice care 2 weeks ago friday on the 26th.

I havnt left the house since and pretty much just sit by his side 24/7. He hasnt opened his eyes in 3 days now and stopped taking food of any sort 2 days ago. The only water he can manage is the tiny bits dripped from an eye dropper.

Cancer is an evil that I wish to help rid the world of. At least help do my part.

He was an IBM programer for 32 years  and retired back in 92. His pc will be a deadicated folder as will all of my  pc's that are unused and this one when I dont need it.

Thank you to all you folders for doing what you do. I look forward to joining the cause.

post edited by str1d3r - 2010/04/06 11:58:46

flyinion
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2287
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/06 12:56:47 (permalink)
    I started folding only recently.  I'd been familiar with similar things like the SETI project but since I've had a number of relatives with cancer I figured this was something really worth getting into and allowing my new rig to do something with its "idle" time the other 18 hours a day I'm not on it (it's on 24/7 anyway).  So basically if I'm not on the system doing something of high load like video editing or gaming, I try to be running at least the cpu client with smp enabling 8 cores or the gpu client as well.

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
    pgmoney
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1694
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re:Why do you fold? 2010/04/06 16:58:40 (permalink)
    there was a very good long thread on this subject on the old forums wonder what happened to it and why it never got transfered was worth the read.

There is many reasons people fold but the big hitters most times have a good reason. both my mother and father have dealt with cancer and as of mar 8th 2010 I lost my father age 67 to cancer that started in his bladder and after several surgeries spead to every organ in his body.

lung cancer is what put him on life support in ICU and a week later he passed. I have been dealing with everything for him but he was prepared for a couple years now that this was comming.  

I don't care what team you fold for or how many points you put up, but if this folding ever turns out to help cancer I thank you, who knows folding now may save your own life in the future.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile