EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 88
Author
paulmcpazzi
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 03:47:32 (permalink)
If EVGA cared about EU (or any another place in the world) they would have implemented a global system for their checkout process.
There aren't any technical limitations and the cards are shipped from Taiwan anyway.
The point of having a queue is that the order is all that matters, it's not that when you go to a shop they ask to see your passport and create a separate queue of customers based on their nationality.
Instead they deliberately choose to ignore a continent to focus on NA.

post edited by paulmcpazzi - 2020/10/24 03:52:12
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 04:03:51 (permalink)
rjohnson11
3090OC2200
Im outta here. 
Evga clearly doesnt take care of EU customers. Shipping cards to scalper shops and no information. Just ordered strix at msrp.
bye bye

Worldwide for all manufacturers supplies of the RTX 3080/ RTX 3090 are critical. Even the CEO of NVIDIA said supply would be tight into the first quarter of 2021

Like mentioned above this message, there is a difference between supply issue and choosing to not supply as much as the US. What we know :
- There are several weekly shipments coming to US while only one shipment per week to EU. The shipment isn't even to their EU Store (which would at least give every EU customer the same fair chance) it's to SOME retailers because clearly some countries still haven't got a single card from them. And most of the time it's retailers with inflated prices while other sites like Amazon don't seem to receive much.
- Many US customers are thanking EVGA / Jacob on Twitter, and that's only the tweets to whom Jacob / EVGA responds, probably more thank what we can see right now, in fact there's much more on the forum as we can see cards rolling and people telling they are receiving their cards.

Another thread " Thank you I received mine " was even opened yesterday by someone and as a EU customer that's really frustrating, I'm glad people are getting their cards and that means cards are created and shipped but also very frustrating because should EVGA implement today the queueing system, I'd probably be within the first ones to be emailed for some cards. Right now, I have to endure to see people registered later than me getting their cards. The irony isn't lost on me.
Lokius81
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 04:17:24 (permalink)
I just cancelled my day 1 pre order on the FTW3 gaming in the Netherlands... was in the top 10 there for the last month with no movement.
I got a really bad taste from the lack of communication towards the EUas well... + paying more for a Gaming than a Ultra would be on the EU site if it ever gets avail.

Should be on on the day 1 notifcation here on the site... so if Ultras get avail i might still purchase it here... but if not this time around Gigabyte gets my money as they at least ship to the EU.... maybe EVGA can improve next generation.
Gogod2020
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 272
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 05:55:55 (permalink)
As the reviews pile in, so do the posts referring to serious ftw3 problems that are not present in rival cards.
I don’t see why bother then I mean here we are begging not to be ignored on order to buy a product that day after day seems to have serious issues. Thanks but no thanks.

The queue system that doesn’t take other continents into account is laughable. They don’t even give us the right to hope by allowing us to create an EU queue that is of no detriment to them. I mean it’s obvious that most of us will not buy EVGA in the end for so many reasons.

Also I don’t care if JacobF is nice and does his work etc I’m sure he’s the best guy ever but this doesn’t alter they fact that I tweeted him over 7 times politely asking for the status of sales in EU and he didn’t even have the courtesy to respond when he does respond to every petty comment about the red lips of the card and other superficial crap.

Intel Core 10700K, Z490 Aorus Elite AC v.1.0, GSkill 32GB 3000/CL14, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair HX1200, Dell S2721DGF, DRP4, Be Quiet SW3 140mm pwm high speed x4, Be Quiet 500DX, Samsung NVME 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung SATA 860 Evo 1TB
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 07:26:36 (permalink)
Gogod2020
As the reviews pile in, so do the posts referring to serious ftw3 problems that are not present in rival cards.
I don’t see why bother then I mean here we are begging not to be ignored on order to buy a product that day after day seems to have serious issues. Thanks but no thanks. 

The queue system that doesn’t take other continents into account is laughable. They don’t even give us the right to hope by allowing us to create an EU queue that is of no detriment to them. I mean it’s obvious that most of us will not buy EVGA in the end for so many reasons.

Also I don’t care if JacobF is nice and does his work etc I’m sure he’s the best guy ever but this doesn’t alter they fact that I tweeted him over 7 times politely asking for the status of sales in EU and he didn’t even have the courtesy to respond when he does respond to every petty comment about the red lips of the card and other superficial crap.

1) What problems ?

2) That depends the PoV. Separating continents / countries has pros and cons. But they have more websites than necessary and not everything is clear if you don't research a bit, for example French, Spanish, Portuguese and German (and possibly Russian) websites seems to be just EU website with the language translation.
Effectively without translation, there is NA Store, EU Store, Asia Store, and MAYBE Australia Store if this one isn't just Asia store with English translation. 

But I'll say, not a very classy move when people from all over the world signed up before some US customers, US customers who are getting their card right now despite, technically, being lower in the queueing position if everyone in the world's position would have counted. I guess that tells it all though : only US (and Canada because EVGA can't restrict to US only without having a bad PR) really counts for EVGA right now.

3) Just because he doesn't answer to you doesn't mean he doesn't answer to other EU customers about similar / same issues. Latest answers (hours ago or a day ago at most) for EU customers are :
- " Hope to get more news soon for EU Queueing "
- " One shipment sending weekly to EU " 
- " We should have more stock soon / Production is ramping up "
Which are basically the same answers given to EU for 2 to 3 weeks already (except for shipments informations where we didn't know how often they sent to EU).

As for answering a lot of the same questions I do agree, which to be honest could be avoided by having a Special RTX 3000 Series FAQ in first page of EVGA website (which is the goal of "Frequently Asked Questions" own existence after all) and then people will just read the RTX 3000 Series FAQ on EVGA instead of having to ask something on the twitter of the Product Manager Director.
They could even adjust countries / region situations there, like Scan.co.uk is doing with their shipments planned / received / delayed table. And instead of Jacob having to ask hundreds of questions daily he would just need to modify from time to time the FAQ page. 
Fonexn
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:07:47 (permalink)
Just buy in Spain EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming (pccomponentes.com) 3-4 Nov estimated delivery date

Available 3090
Lokator
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:25:34 (permalink)
3080 FE from notebooksbilliger.de drop comes monday. 699€ pretty sweet. It says NBB dropped around 500 cards on friday for germany, austria and netherlands. If I like the card undervolted (noise etc) I will keep it and cancel FTW3 and Strix preorders.

Bequiet will send me a FE power cable for free.

Rumours about big navi heavily challenging the 3080 and 3090 pretty interesting.
Aleric94
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:36:28 (permalink)
Lokator
3080 FE from notebooksbilliger.de drop comes monday. 699€ pretty sweet. It says NBB dropped around 500 cards on friday for germany, austria and netherlands. If I like the card undervolted (noise etc) I will keep it and cancel FTW3 and Strix preorders.

Rumours about big navi heavily challenging the 3080 and 3090 pretty interesting.

Where do you have that information from? That there will be another drop on monday?
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:39:11 (permalink)
Wow lucky you Lokator, a 3080 at an actual normal price and the FE on top of it. You just won the EU lottery!
Anyways, with the 3070 launch happening on Thursday and with no queue system on the EVGA EU store, the 3070 EVGA launch is basically not happening

Lokator
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:39:36 (permalink)
Aleric94
Lokator

https://media.discordapp....97798182912/image0.png
post edited by Lokator - 2020/10/24 10:09:29
Aleric94
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 09:43:38 (permalink)
igralec84
Wow lucky you Lokator, a 3080 at an actual normal price and the FE on top of it. You just won the EU lottery!
Anyways, with the 3070 launch happening on Thursday and with no queue system on the EVGA EU store, the 3070 EVGA launch is basically not happening

Wait you were expecting cards to drop in eu? EVGA hasn't even delivered day 1 orders of 3080 in europe. That company is scummy.
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 11:42:20 (permalink)
Aleric94
Wait you were expecting cards to drop in eu? EVGA hasn't even delivered day 1 orders of 3080 in europe. That company is scummy.

I'm sure people in the US will get their 3070s on Friday even from EVGA.com :)

Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 18:37:42 (permalink)
On twitter the following question was asked: @EVGA_JacobF @TEAMEVGA How are you guys planning to approach the RTX 3070 launch? Are you going to use the queue based system from the beginning or are you going to let us try to buy one instantly and then go the queue route?

Jacob answered this with: The current plan is to use the same queue based system

So there’s two possible scenarios:

1. We will have a working shop queue in Europe on the 28th.

2. We won’t have EVGA 3070’s on release date at all. (Except the cards that retailers may have in limited supply).

I fear for the worst, especially now word came out that EVGA has 500.000 requests in their US queuing system. By the time that there is stock available to open an EU queue we will probably be looking at Q2 2021..
post edited by Splash87 - 2020/10/24 19:08:24
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/24 19:53:52 (permalink)
Splash87
On twitter the following question was asked: @EVGA_JacobF @TEAMEVGA How are you guys planning to approach the RTX 3070 launch? Are you going to use the queue based system from the beginning or are you going to let us try to buy one instantly and then go the queue route?

Jacob answered this with: The current plan is to use the same queue based system

2. We won’t have EVGA 3070’s on release date at all. (Except the cards that retailers may have in limited supply).

I fear for the worst, especially now word came out that EVGA has 500.000 requests in their US queuing system. By the time that there is stock available to open an EU queue we will probably be looking at Q2 2021..

I'm pretty sure the 500k won't have the patience and and have the card ordered elsewhere as well. And when other AIBs supply and get their customers that queue should drop quickly. But regardless I am also predicting around Q1-Q2 2021... 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/25 02:26:27 (permalink)
It is a bit of a kick in the teeth when there are people who have ordered on launch who have yet to receive the guard and have no clue when they will receive it, whilst the US pre-orders are going nicely and there are people ordering cards as recently as last week and already received them, this perceived blatant disregard for Europe is shameful and should not be how a business handles its customers, had they prioritised getting all orders filled then it would have been a bit fairer, but it seems the US stores are getting the cards by the truckload and we are still getting 5-10 per shop and that's if we are lucky.

Disappointing.

P.S Also note EVGA doesn't owe anything to us as we aren't paying customers yet, so we could cancel and get another card but good luck with that at the moment. 
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/25 02:32:04 (permalink)
Splash87

The number could be falsely increased if they are counting each skus for someone because if they signed up for every current rtx 3000 card that's 10 notifications.

They also may not take into account people already having their card from elsewhere who don't care anymore about the queue system. I often see Jacob saying that there is leftover not claimed from notification sent from email for the next batch so it's easy to assume there's already people signed up before who either don't care about the precise sku anymore, or already have one, or are waiting for AMD announcement in 3 days.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/25 02:49:40 (permalink)
jp_no10
It is a bit of a kick in the teeth when there are people who have ordered on launch who have yet to receive the guard and have no clue when they will receive it, whilst the US pre-orders are going nicely and there are people ordering cards as recently as last week and already received them, this perceived blatant disregard for Europe is shameful and should not be how a business handles its customers, had they prioritised getting all orders filled then it would have been a bit fairer, but it seems the US stores are getting the cards by the truckload and we are still getting 5-10 per shop and that's if we are lucky.

Disappointing.

P.S Also note EVGA doesn't owe anything to us as we aren't paying customers yet, so we could cancel and get another card but good luck with that at the moment. 

No preorder, that's the first rule of buying a product nowadays. Probably also why Nvidia didn't do preorders nor their partners, they knew they would have stock issues and didn't want a bunch of orders cancellation appearing around AMD announcement / launch because that would have been bad for PR. Though it's already bad for them right now.

I do agree though that seeing cards rolling almost daily in US is frustrating when there's customers in the EU that signed up before some US guys receiving their cards right now. Plus, even if it's mostly taxes, we pay higher than US when $ is converted to euros

Without VAT or shipping the XC3 Black when converted to dollar is around 761, while being at 700 on US site. For FTW3 Ultra it's at 770 on US while 841 on EU That means they are effectively losing even more money (70$ per card) by not focusing enough on EU. Without taxes, the more higher priced FTW3 Ultra is worth in dollar what EU are paying for the least expensive card, XC3 Black.

It seems like a very deliberate choice to ignore EU when you look at the money angle this way. 70$ margin less by serving US customers first.
Aleric94
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/25 12:47:53 (permalink)
Huntercyril
jp_no10

Disappointing.

No preorder, that's the first rule of buying a product nowadays. Probably also why Nvidia didn't do preorders nor their partners, they knew they would have stock issues and didn't want a bunch of orders cancellation appearing around AMD announcement / launch because that would have been bad for PR. Though it's already bad for them right now.

I do agree though that seeing cards rolling almost daily in US is frustrating when there's customers in the EU that signed up before some US guys receiving their cards right now. Plus, even if it's mostly taxes, we pay higher than US when $ is converted to euros

Without VAT or shipping the XC3 Black when converted to dollar is around 761, while being at 700 on US site. For FTW3 Ultra it's at 770 on US while 841 on EU That means they are effectively losing even more money (70$ per card) by not focusing enough on EU. Without taxes, the more higher priced FTW3 Ultra is worth in dollar what EU are paying for the least expensive card, XC3 Black.

It seems like a very deliberate choice to ignore EU when you look at the money angle this way. 70$ margin less by serving US customers first.

Your math is wrong. The EVGA XC3 black costs 769€ from official EVGA website (640€+20%VAT) which translates to 912$.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/25 19:17:27 (permalink)
Aleric94
Huntercyril
jp_no10

Disappointing.

Your math is wrong. The EVGA XC3 black costs 769€ from official EVGA website (640€+20%VAT) which translates to 912$.

It was volontary to not include vat for three reasons :
- US is like EU, states don't necessarily share the same taxes / amount iirc, therefore not everyone will pay the exact same amount, same applies for EU with countries having different VAT.
- I'm not sure if the price in NA Store is vat free or vat included either (as canadians can buy from it too)
- While we will indeed pay the vat, the manufacturer doesn't benefit from it as it's for governments benefits.

Hence the exclusion of the vat from the price difference with the US as I'm comparing the money EVGA will benefit from an US customer vs an EU customer, not just the price paid.

Because if you want to compare the price paid, just take retailers prices in France at 1100€ (1300$) and we basically are paying because of inflated price almost twice the price an US customer would pay in US. It's more expensive for the EU customer but that's not new though (almost) always been that way for a long time.

But like I said, that's not what EVGA would benefit from, because don't forget they have to buy the chips from Nvidia, and pay the components of the card, assemble them, etc. So in the end on a card they might do maybe 200$ of margin on a card, or even less iirc a discussion from GamersNexus (or Buildzoid, can't remember tbh).

Which is why if EVGA benefits by 70$ more from an EU customer, it's not a small amount that can be neglected. In this made up margin, that would amount to 1/3 more margin. And as the margin price reduces (if it cost more to make and they get way lower than 200$ margin per card) the scale of these 70$ increase. For example if they made only 70$ of margin for an US customer then that would mean they would double their margin (70$ margin + 70$ difference from EU price converted) when selling to an EU customer.
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 00:34:36 (permalink)
Well as of today my 2070 bought in July is developing artifacts even when underclocked by -150 MHz... This is my card in the Step-Up program for the 3080 FTW3... Looks like have to send it in now for RMA. Looks I will be withdrawing and need to find an Ampere card somehow goodluck to me 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 01:38:11 (permalink)
Good luck buddy

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 02:17:21 (permalink)
EK3Ferio
Well as of today my 2070 bought in July is developing artifacts even when underclocked by -150 MHz... This is my card in the Step-Up program for the 3080 FTW3... Looks like have to send it in now for RMA. Looks I will be withdrawing and need to find an Ampere card somehow goodluck to me 

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw Jacob answering something about that to someone, basically even while RMAing your card can still be used for stepup. I don't remember the specifics but just so you don't lose hope at least.
gonsa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 227
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 03:42:28 (permalink)
Fonexn
Just buy in Spain EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming (pccomponentes.com) 3-4 Nov estimated delivery date

Available 3090

Yeah I'm looking at this 3090 ultra, they estimate delivery at 18 November. But man, €1992 for this card... I can't click on that order button..

Case: Lian Li OD 11 | Mobo: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi | CPU: AMD 3700X | Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | Graphics Card: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB | PSU: SuperNOVA G2 1000W | Sound Speakers: Creative Inspire T3100 | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Monitor: LG 34GN850-B 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz
paulmcpazzi
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 04:34:50 (permalink)

Yeah I'm looking at this 3090 ultra, they estimate delivery at 18 November. But man, €1992 for this card... I can't click on that order button..

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago...I think it's absolutely not worth that price, unless you need the VRAM for something like AI training or 3D graphics...it's probably the reason why it's still on sale 😂
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 05:43:18 (permalink)
Any news about EU Queue 1 month after implementing it on US page?
post edited by 4790K - 2020/10/26 05:55:24

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 07:21:05 (permalink)
Nope.
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 07:53:14 (permalink)
My search is over, EVGA could not deliver. Just received my MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G at €1699,-
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 08:53:55 (permalink)
Any news about EU Queue 1 month after implementing it on US page?

https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1320445129916702720

Same old answer. 
manatane
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 10:02:38 (permalink)
Huntercyril
EK3Ferio

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw Jacob answering something about that to someone, basically even while RMAing your card can still be used for stepup. I don't remember the specifics but just so you don't lose hope at least.

Having to RMA my 3090 XC3 that I had previously applied for a step-up to an FTW3 and just had confirmation from the support rep that rma process doesn't change a thing for step-up as it will get automatically re-applied to the card you'll receive from rma (worse case scenario, you can contact them to do it manually if the automatic process fails)
jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/26 10:28:13 (permalink)
gonsa
Fonexn

Available 3090

That's because 2000 Euros for a graphics card is a rather poor purchasing decision, especially if you are using it for gaming and even for productivity when the 3080 is a thing. Heck even 1500 Euros for a 3090 is bad but at least the value will hold for longer if one is interested in selling it for the next generation.
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile