EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!Update 11/9/16 with NEW BIOS - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060 PWM Temperature Update

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 76
Author
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 14:56:58 (permalink)
I do not accept this kind of repair done in my product, you already burned in the market, my product has no value retail with this kind of repair, if they want me to stay with a defective product with a poor quality sink, error project that the heatsink blocks the flow of air, lack of cooling in PWM unacceptable failure of a major manufacturer like you to release a product of this magnitude without going through proper testing, you have to replace the cooler completely for a new project or return me my money.
relevance
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 14:57:40 (permalink)
brokencross
relevance
brokencross

What's wrong with that one? Everything makes contact.

was thinking the same, but read some descriptions on it, thermal compound on core itself was little dry. crumbly even. that seems like an old & expired thermal compound stuff.

Heat cycles do that to thermal compound. As long as its transferring the heat its fine.
At this point people are just nitpicking.

yeah.. i don't really care much either. I live in southern california and liquid cooling is almost a must for extreme gamers. i'm going to request everything evga is offering and that's that. if it breaks, i have 3 years to RMA it lol. yeah it's $700 products that gives you issues when it really shouldn't but i can do something else while in the process of RMA. I'm in the process of RMA'ing my PSU from corsair and oh boy... talk about headaches. I'd choose EVGA over other brands because of ease on RMA even if I have to go through multiple RMAs. that being said EVGA is the one who is suffering from all this. of course we are as well, but mostly, EVGA is..
howdy2u2
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1896
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 14:59:50 (permalink)
BTomov
GTX 1080 FTW, where do we get this BIOS?

Read the 6th paragraph in the very 1st post that states they will release the BIOS in a few days.......................

DudeGuy65
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:09:38 (permalink)
If I do the cross RMA option, will I get a replacement with the thermal pads? Or is getting the BIOS update the only option here?
z3phon
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:16:48 (permalink)
I keep reading that bios just adjusts the fan curve but in the gamersnexus article I see a fan speed comparison between 1600 RPM and 2200 RPM. Does this mean the new bios update increase the max fan speed from 1600 to 2200?
1600RPM
oreomoondog
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:28:19 (permalink)
will this update fix the fan rpm spikes with the ACX cards? 
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:32:31 (permalink)

Is it possible to see the fan curve with the all new VBIOS. The one who "fix" the temperatures issues.

AND 

Is it possible to see the fan curve original, the very first one with the 0db mode.

Thanks !
khos2325
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:35:17 (permalink)
brokencross

Nah man. That advertised 400% longer life span refers only to the fans.
And yes, it is a big deal if you take into consideration some people have them always running at high speeds.
If you run a fan at full speed, that isn't dual bearing or fluid bearing, it'll last 2 years, 3 at most before it starts showing signs of wear and be less effective.

You realize you're contradicting yourself, right ?

You yourself say fans are a big deal to the life span of a GPU, so you are more than admitting that fans play a big role in the life of a GPU. So if your fans have 400% longer life span, then as a result the longevity of your card increases cause the fans last longer. So Evga is literally telling you the cards last longer, because they have better fans that last longer. How can you fail to make that connection ?

But at the same time you seem to miss the connection that I'm making by saying BIG DEAL in my post, which is referring to the fact that with a dead vRam that 400% increased life span of the fan is not a big deal. Why? Because your card is dead anyways !

On the other hand you ignore every other incorrect fact that Evga's put on that page, and you're held up over this ?!

Backplate that helps reduce the temp, while in reality according to Evga themselves it increases the temps. The cards having low noise levels, which will be a thing of the past with the BIOS update. All of this could've been avoided if Evga thoroughly tested their cards, and addressed these issue before releasing their cards.

You bunch make excuses that Furmark is this and that, while other brands of the same card are running it just fine.

You bunch ignore that article with an owner taking off the backplate and showing the unusual signs of wear and damage with pictures that indicate the problem with these cards go beyond a simple fix. Our cards are damaged as a result of running hot, but it takes time for the damage to manifest itself as the cards completely dying.

Evga does not offer refunds, they do not offer an extension of their warranty, they charge you for shipping of the card while the whole situation is 100% their fault, they don't promise you a new card if you RMA, and they act like they're doing us a favor after we paid over 400$.

Stop fooling yourself.

You guys are beyond help and you deserve what you are getting. I really am shocked that you want to be pissed on and cheated like this.

I'm out. No more replies from me. If you ignore solid evidence, then there's no point.
Oddzball3
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:45:49 (permalink)
khos2325

You bunch make excuses that Furmark is this and that, while other brands of the same card are running it just fine.

You bunch ignore that article with an owner taking off the backplate and showing the unusual signs of wear and damage with pictures that indicate the problem with these cards go beyond a simple fix. Our cards are damaged as a result of running hot, but it takes time for the damage to manifest itself as the cards completely dying.

Evga does not offer refunds, they do not offer an extension of their warranty, they charge you for shipping of the card while the whole situation is 100% their fault, they don't promise you a new card if you RMA, and they act like they're doing us a favor after we paid over 400$.

Stop fooling yourself.

You guys are beyond help and you deserve what you are getting. I really am shocked that you want to be pissed on and cheated like this.

I'm out. No more replies from me. If you ignore solid evidence, then there's no point.

You probably should be "out" if your "rage" over this is so intense that you cant think logically about the issue.

First off, since when does it surprise anyone that when you RMA a card you might get a refurb as a replacement. Who DOESNT do that? ASUS does, Gigabyte does, every single tech maker Ive ever ordered from does this. They send you a refurb that is tested to meet standards.

As for Furmark, yeah you damn well SHOULD blame Furmark, when the folks who did this "test" to expose this "overheating issue" were running Furmark at 99% GPU usage for over 2 hours while only running their fans at 30-40%. Thats just idiocy on anyones part.

Also what article of someone showing damage? If you are talking about the Vram thermal pads? Mistakes happen. I find defects in almost every manufacturer out there. I once bought a notebook from ASUS that literally didnt have the drive plugged in. I had a Gigabyte board with bad solder joints. Oh fricken well dude.

Thats WHY we go with EVGA. Peace of mind warranty. If their product is defective, they stand behind it and will take care of their customers 100%, unlike a lot of other manufacturers I have dealt with.

If your *SO* upset with EVGA, even if you consider this a flaw in their design, find me another card manufacturer you are going to go with, and Ill be happy to dig up horror stories on them for you.
ADANDC650
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 15:52:33 (permalink)
dyceskynes
ADANDC650
EVGA_JacobF
FscuderiaX

Also I would like to request the thermal pads for my 1070 SC Black Edition.  The link from earlier stated I do not have a qualifying product.  How can I go about getting them?  Thanks again.

Try now.

Only update on BIOS is fan profile.

Hey Jacob!
Questions, do you know if I'll be able step up to  a 1080 Ti if it releases within 3 months if I purchase an EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 from B&H Photo? Also, I'm pretty sure they have the models without the thermal pads so if I ask EVGA for an advanced replacement, will they send me a brand new GTX 1080 or a refurb?

Or just Order through EVG, or order the Thermal Pads for it.  Sounds like if you request a replacement after you get your product registered you will get a previously returned card.
As for the Step-up, best to ask if a different forum.

EVGA does not have them in stock at the moment. I heard they'll be in stock anywhere from 3 week to a month. Plus EVGA's site charges sales tax.

Sorig
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:06:42 (permalink)
Has anybody received their thermal pads or is it stuck on awaiting approval for days for everyone else?
stevenli1966
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:20:55 (permalink)
Sorig
Has anybody received their thermal pads or is it stuck on awaiting approval for days for everyone else?

post edited by stevenli1966 - 2016/11/02 16:24:52
GFAFS
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:22:45 (permalink)
Oddzball3

You probably should be "out" if your "rage" over this is so intense that you cant think logically about the issue.

First off, since when does it surprise anyone that when you RMA a card you might get a refurb as a replacement. Who DOESNT do that? ASUS does, Gigabyte does, every single tech maker Ive ever ordered from does this. They send you a refurb that is tested to meet standards.

As for Furmark, yeah you damn well SHOULD blame Furmark, when the folks who did this "test" to expose this "overheating issue" were running Furmark at 99% GPU usage for over 2 hours while only running their fans at 30-40%. Thats just idiocy on anyones part.

Also what article of someone showing damage? If you are talking about the Vram thermal pads? Mistakes happen. I find defects in almost every manufacturer out there. I once bought a notebook from ASUS that literally didnt have the drive plugged in. I had a Gigabyte board with bad solder joints. Oh fricken well dude.

Thats WHY we go with EVGA. Peace of mind warranty. If their product is defective, they stand behind it and will take care of their customers 100%, unlike a lot of other manufacturers I have dealt with.

If your *SO* upset with EVGA, even if you consider this a flaw in their design, find me another card manufacturer you are going to go with, and Ill be happy to dig up horror stories on them for you.

You seems quite happy to have a defective product and willing to spit on other manufacturers, good for you, some are not. Let's make a deal, leave a long happy life with what you've got, and let those who think that the situation unacceptable be.

Your argumentation have no weight unless you're an EVGA Official on that matter...we all now the harassment employees are ready to do to smooth and mitigate an issue during crisis (trolling, denying, etc)...quit pretending.

As for EVGA, I really would like to see some REAL OFFICIAL answer in HERE.
post edited by GFAFS - 2016/11/02 16:25:38
darkheran
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:27:39 (permalink)
Have a EVGA GTX 1070 SC here (upgraded from a long lasting EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 2 that still works). Just became aware of the issues being reported by folks in the past day or so and the official responses from EVGA. Ive also been reading up on Gamer Nexus' work in testing the cards as well as a couple other parties. Installed my card sometime around late August, haven't had any issues yet. *fingers crossed* I don't manually overclock (just the manufacturers OC) but have got and modified the fan profile in MSI Afterburner regardless after hearing about the upcoming VBIOS fix. Mostly it matches the aggressive precision profile someone posted a graphic of earlier in the thread however I set the 30C idles to 30% rather than 40%. Regardless, I am interested in the same thing z3phon asked, 

z3phon
I keep reading that bios just adjusts the fan curve but in the gamersnexus article I see a fan speed comparison between 1600 RPM and 2200 RPM. Does this mean the new bios update increase the max fan speed from 1600 to 2200?
1600RPM

Is it just Fan % vs. GPU temp that will be modified in the new VBIOS? Or is it a change in the RPM or whatnot? Im just trying to deduce whether I will also need to get the VBIOS for RPM changes despite my fan curve modification. If its just typical fan curve then I won't bother. My power is notorious for going out at the worst times so flashing a BIOS is not something im interested in risking unless necessary. As far as my typical use scenarios, im a single monitor 1080p user atm that mostly games and uses flight simulators. (gave up the dual to the fiancee :P). Most the games I play are generally getting older now as I become less and less fond of the AAA market as the years go on. DCS simulator is probably about as much GPU as I utilize. I spent most of the first month burning the **** out of the card with that lol usually in the 60-73c range on the default curve or so depending on settings. But had a harddrive failure last month so ive resinstalled some stuff (not my sim) and am playing the much older skyrim through again with mods which the card runs as if it was damn near idle at 30-40C. Hoping Im alright... concerned though, without a doubt of course.

Anyways, just wanted to wish everyone including EVGA the best of luck with their cards, and even more so to anyone whos already experiencing problems. I really hope everything gets sorted out for everyone in a decent fashion. Just leaving my two cents. I know alot of fustration is coming out in this thread which is understandable, and I just hope to cool the waters a bit. 

Case: Full Tower Thermaltake Armor Revo
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 
CPU: i7 3820 @3.60 with Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling 
RAM: 16GB ADATA Gaming Series DDR3 Quad Channel 2133Mhz
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
PSU: Corsair HX1050
Primary Drive: 1TB Western Digital Black WD1003FZEX
Secondary Drive: Now my primary, old primary died
GFAFS
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:33:10 (permalink)
darkheran

Is it just Fan % vs. GPU temp that will be modified in the new VBIOS? Or is it a change in the RPM or whatnot? Im just trying to deduce whether I will also need to get the VBIOS for RPM changes despite my fan curve modification. If its just typical fan curve then I won't bother. My power is notorious for going out at the worst times so flashing a BIOS is not something im interested in risking unless necessary. As far as my typical use scenarios, im a single monitor 1080p user atm that mostly games and uses flight simulators. (gave up the dual to the fiancee :P). Most the games I play are generally getting older now as I become less and less fond of the AAA market as the years go on. DCS simulator is probably about as much GPU as I utilize. I spent most of the first month burning the **** out of the card with that lol usually in the 60-73c range on the default curve or so depending on settings. But had a harddrive failure last month so ive resinstalled some stuff (not my sim) and am playing the much older skyrim through again with mods which the card runs as if it was damn near idle at 30-40C. Hoping Im alright... concerned though, without a doubt of course.

Anyways, just wanted to wish everyone including EVGA the best of luck with their cards, and even more so to anyone whos already experiencing problems. I really hope everything gets sorted out for everyone in a decent fashion. Just leaving my two cents. I know alot of fustration is coming out in this thread which is understandable, and I just hope to cool the waters a bit. 

Just keep in mind that there is no sensors monitoring the VRMs (problematic components) and VRAM, the temp you're reading is the GPU chip sensor.
darkheran
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:34:38 (permalink)
GFAFS
darkheran

Just keep in mind that there is no sensors on the VRM (problematic components) and VRAM, the temps you're reading is the GPU chip sensor.

Yes I am aware that a probe or thermal imaging is required for such readings.

Case: Full Tower Thermaltake Armor Revo
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 
CPU: i7 3820 @3.60 with Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling 
RAM: 16GB ADATA Gaming Series DDR3 Quad Channel 2133Mhz
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
PSU: Corsair HX1050
Primary Drive: 1TB Western Digital Black WD1003FZEX
Secondary Drive: Now my primary, old primary died
deadtek
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:52:22 (permalink)
Since they are offering the bios update and optional thermal pad kit, if I choose to go with the option for a replacement card will it come with just the bios update or will it be bios and thermals pads together?
Ugugu
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 16:54:20 (permalink)
Sorig

I'm still waiting on approval, also I canceled my power link, because its been almost a month now since I ordered it, and after I checked the shipping prices to germany and europe. its was from 9.99 to 14.99 just for shipping for  a silly plastic thing, I instantly said no thanks, you can keep it :D Also I opened a support ticket asking for the pads, because I ordered them from very start, and there is no information about how long will it take and from where will they be shipped, if they will be shipped fore 9.99 or 14.99eu again I will say no again, and apply my own pads, only problem is I dont know the measurements nor the thickness of them, my assumption is that they should be both 1mm, thick, need a confirmation though.
Oddzball3
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 17:10:39 (permalink)
GFAFS

You seems quite happy to have a defective product and willing to spit on other manufacturers, good for you, some are not. Let's make a deal, leave a long happy life with what you've got, and let those who think that the situation unacceptable be.

Your argumentation have no weight unless you're an EVGA Official on that matter...we all now the harassment employees are ready to do to smooth and mitigate an issue during crisis (trolling, denying, etc)...quit pretending.

As for EVGA, I really would like to see some REAL OFFICIAL answer in HERE.

You got your official answer, TWICE as I recall. I find it pretty illogical to call a product defective when its still operating within spec. Thats your answer, what more do you want? 

"     On ACX 3.0, EVGA focused on GPU temperature and the lowest acoustic levels possible. Running Furmark, the GPU is around 70C +/- and the fan speed is running approximately 30% duty cycle or lower.
      However, during recent testing, the thermal temperature of the PWM and memory, in extreme circumstances, was marginally within spec and needed to be addressed."

AND

"It's becoming a common refrain here, but let's make sure what we're talking about. EVGA has noted that the VRM area may get very warm under certain circumstances, but even then, we expect your card to work without issue. Some media outlets have used the term "overheating", but components still test within operating specs, even without the VBIOS or Thermal Pad Mod."

"As a result, there has been a lot of speculation by people that these temperatures a) are an issue, and b) the cause of a variety of graphics card problems people have seen or will see. Additionally, to figure out whether this is an "issue", many people have compared the designs of similar cards between EVGA and other manufacturers to determine if there is a deficiency in the cooling design.
EVGA went back and retested this card, using the same benchmark in ambient temperatures higher than Tom's Hardware did. Based on the results, although the temperatures were warm in similar areas compared to the review, everything tested within specs and tolerances for various components on the card. In other words, based on the results, the original design of the card is working as intended."

bissagars
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 17:28:53 (permalink)
Will the thermal pad kit provided will cover the ram thermal pad too? when you remove the ACX cooler, you can still the same old thermal pad for ram?
brokencross
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 17:53:44 (permalink)
Let's go through parts.

khos2325

You realize you're contradicting yourself, right ?

You yourself say fans are a big deal to the life span of a GPU, so you are more than admitting that fans play a big role in the life of a GPU. So if your fans have 400% longer life span, then as a result the longevity of your card increases cause the fans last longer. So Evga is literally telling you the cards last longer, because they have better fans that last longer. How can you fail to make that connection ?

Never made the connection you're making. You'd have to be really naive to take everything a brand says literally. Yes, the fans do have a longer life span. Does it mean your card will last forever? Or even the duration of the fans themselves? No. 
EVGA is only telling you the fans are heavy duty, which means they can last a lot more than "normal" fans. Which also means they can be pushed harder for longer periods of time.

khos2325
But at the same time you seem to miss the connection that I'm making by saying BIG DEAL in my post, which is referring to the fact that with a dead vRam that 400% increased life span of the fan is not a big deal. Why? Because your card is dead anyways !

On the other hand you ignore every other incorrect fact that Evga's put on that page, and you're held up over this ?!

I'm not held up by anything at all. You seem to be the one who's held up with a simple statement regarding the fans alone and trying to connect one thing to another.
Gee, next thing you're gonna complain to Intel because their coolers last longer than a cpu?

khos2325
Backplate that helps reduce the temp, while in reality according to Evga themselves it increases the temps. The cards having low noise levels, which will be a thing of the past with the BIOS update. All of this could've been avoided if Evga thoroughly tested their cards, and addressed these issue before releasing their cards.

The point of a backplate is rigidity. Cooling is just a byproduct. 
They did test their cards. The fact the majority of the cards is running fine is enough of a proof.

khos2325

Really? Don't they heat as well? I thought so.
It just happens EVGA ones get hotter. Zotacs get even hotter than EVGAs, actually. 
Interesting that nobody is reporting Zotacs are blowing up.
Not even mentioning temperature hasn't been proven to be the cause of failure.

khos2325

You might even be right but as of now this is pure speculation.
When a transistor, capacitor, or whatever gets damaged the cards simply die. It's not a matter of "developing issues."
Yes, heat may cause conductor degradation, but we're yet to see if those temps that never were beyond the threshold (on functioning cards) will have any impact on component life.

khos2325

You basically described every other company in the industry. Except EVGA actually recognises their shortcomings and tries to help their customers. 
You probably never had an issue with another vendor, if you had you wouldn't be so smug about this.
And as a matter of fact, I paid €570 (this is more than $600 for you americans) for mine and yet I'm not making a fuss like a baby who got his lollipop taken from him.

khos2325
Stop fooling yourself.

Not fooling myself. I just got to that point of life where you understand that making fusses and speculating doesn't help your case.
Plus, as I've said before, your whole "solid evidence" is based on speculation.

post edited by brokencross - 2016/11/02 17:56:14

Intel i5 4690K@4.4Ghz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | EVGA GTX1070 FTW replaced by a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB 1866Mhz | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho | NZXT S340
RKarov
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 17:59:22 (permalink)
My request for the thermal-pads has just been approved, I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, how long do you think it may take for them to arrive here?
Oddzball3
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:03:02 (permalink)
brokencross

Not fooling myself. I just got to that point of life where you understand that making fusses and speculating doesn't help your case.
Plus, as I've said before, your whole "solid evidence" is based on speculation.

Pretty much this. Even if there is an issue. EVGA has my back via their excellent warranty and customer service, which is more then I can say for the majority of vendors.
dexters
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:26:40 (permalink)
This is my custom fan curve, should be it be ok?

i7 6700k @4.6 GHZ \ GTX 1080 FTW   \ 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 \ EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Plus Gold \ Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD \ WD Black 2 TB \ Windows 10 

wingman99
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:38:43 (permalink)
I'm trying to burn up my card and it won't smoke with furmark. Any help I want to see the sparks and RMA.
post edited by wingman99 - 2016/11/02 18:43:01
BartyB
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:42:05 (permalink)
I am a little worried and confused about my card. Under load PrecisionX says my card is at 82c (idles at 60c sometimes colder) and I have never seen it go above 82, even after gaming for a couple hours. My 1080 FTW P/N is not even on the list above, so does that mean my card is not one of the affected ones? I have a 08G-P4-6286-KR. I also want to mention I have used a custom fan curve from the start. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:44:55 (permalink)
BartyB
I am a little worried and confused about my card. Under load PrecisionX says my card is at 82c (idles at 60c sometimes colder) and I have never seen it go above 82, even after gaming for a couple hours. My 1080 FTW P/N is not even on the list above, so does that mean my card is not one of the affected ones? I have a 08G-P4-6286-KR. I also want to mention I have used a custom fan curve from the start. 
if you have an ACX card, the bios update for a higher fan speed should be applied.
Luta Wicasa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:45:14 (permalink)
Your PN is indeed listed in the OP...and your idle temps seem high to me.
BartyB
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:48:21 (permalink)
Luta Wicasa
Your PN is indeed listed in the OP...and your idle temps seem high to me.

ya I just realized that.. I was looking at the wrong version of the 1080 my bad
BartyB
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 18:52:14 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
BartyB
if you have an ACX card, the bios update for a higher fan speed should be applied.

okay, I am assuming when the new VBIOS is released instructions will be provided too. I am also curious, how long do you think it would take if I went the other route and got my card swapped out?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 76
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile