EVGA

Helpful ReplyUltimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 21
Author
LBrown
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/15 04:16:43 (permalink)
Thanks again!
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/15 08:05:15 (permalink)
LBrown

Thanks again!

Welcome to the EVGA forums

Attached Image(s)

Parakird
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/16 23:56:10 (permalink)
   I read the entire post.  Unfortunately it did not work for me.  I am still stuck with my old driver  275.33.  I tried everything to update.  I was able to get the system to update the basic vga driver, but it would not go beyond that.  Every time I attempted to install a new driver, it failed.  I was stuck with no nvidia driver until I forced the device manager to check for changes, and then it reverted back to my old driver.  

I am using Windows 7 64/Ultimate
  Vid card.  GTX-295

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/17 01:31:00 (permalink)
Parakird

I read the entire post.  Unfortunately it did not work for me.  I am still stuck with my old driver  275.33.  I tried everything to update.  I was able to get the system to update the basic vga driver, but it would not go beyond that.  Every time I attempted to install a new driver, it failed.  I was stuck with no nvidia driver until I forced the device manager to check for changes, and then it reverted back to my old driver.  

I am using Windows 7 64/Ultimate
Vid card.  GTX-295

Welcome to the EVGA forums

Did you correctly fill out the information on your 200 series/GTX 295/Windows 7 when downloading the new driver?
When try to install (after unpacking), did the installer give you a Green "checkmark" on the "system check"?
Do you pass the system check?

What are your Admin rights on your computer
Is your login account Admin and do you use a password to login to windows?
Or are you a secondary "user" off another account?
Did you disable automatic Windows Update as noted? 

This appears to be a case of OS config issues, with incorrect Admin rights//security settings or maybe AV issues... 
Its very hard to tell from your description...
What do you mean "I was able to get the system to update the basic vga driver"?
You do NOT do that, Windows attempts to load the standard VGA adaptor. It does NOT matter if it fails or not, and you dont do anything but ignore it and proceed to install.

You could try and give a detailed description of the steps you took...  and we might discover the issue.
Some more information on what make/model of Motherboard you are using might help also..
What Anti-virus you might have installed..
If your Windows 7 64 bit is current on its update status....  

Certainly sounds like you are making a error somewhere in the uninstall or install process, that you dont have the proper Admin rights to install a videodriver or something in your config (software) is preventing you at some step from being successful...

#NOTE:
One major clue as to what is happening... if you correctly performed the uninstall process as detailed in my Guide, Windows would be unable to install 275.33 (under any circumstances) with a "scan for hardware changes" in the device manager, as that driver would no longer be on your system and could NOT be installed.

I suggest going back and reading the entire guide (very carefully), as you are certainly missing some of the correct and proper steps -required- for uninstalling your current driver.  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2011/12/17 07:30:56

DudE132
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/17 15:59:57 (permalink)
I am at my limit with this. I am uninstalling my beta drivers and am going to go back to the WHQL drivers.

I am currently on the third post where I need to uninstall the Nvidia driver. I go to START, control panel, and programs and features. I then one at a time uninstall every Nvidia entry until the only one left is the "Graphics Driver" entry. I uninstall that and then have to reboot my system. 

This is where things go wrong. When I reboot. Windows starts installing Nvidia drivers on it's own and I can't cancel them. I turned off automatic updates in the Control Panel but it happens anyway. This also happens when in safe mode and with no internet connection. I am at my limit and am getting extremely stressed out and irritated. Can someone please help me? 

Okay I got it to stop using this

post edited by DudE132 - 2011/12/17 16:22:27
Parakird
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/17 16:10:50 (permalink)
Ok. I followed the instructions to the letter. The install still failed. I then tried to remove using the drivesweeper in safe mode, it still will not install.

The only way I can get an nvidia driver installed is if I use windows to download the old one and then it works great. The problem is that the driver is 275.33

I am at the point were I think I need to do a reformat. None of this happened until I tried to update my driver initially, and yes I did the default install and now I am apying for it.
Parakird
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/17 16:41:49 (permalink)
Ok, I tried again, and this time when I did an install of driver version 285.62.  It stated failed at the end, but the driver showed installed.  So I restarted my computer, and yes I now have the correct 1920x1080, but I do not have any control panel.  I checked my device manager and my programs and both show the driver was installed and had the correct graphics number. 

Is there a way to just install the control panel?
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/17 17:48:28 (permalink)
Parakird

Ok, I tried again, and this time when I did an install of driver version 285.62.  It stated failed at the end, but the driver showed installed.  So I restarted my computer, and yes I now have the correct 1920x1080, but I do not have any control panel.  I checked my device manager and my programs and both show the driver was installed and had the correct graphics number. 

Is there a way to just install the control panel?

As shown in the guide, if the control panel fails to show up (after a extra reboot) a clean "overinstall'' of the exact same driver may be attempted

Jagblade
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 142
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/18 04:19:10 (permalink)
I followed the guide to the letter, TO THE LETTER yet I think I may have a problem. Upon uninstalling the driver and rebooting into either safe mode or normal mode with or without my ethernet cord in (effectively severing my net connection if it's out,) I get the following driver install for my GTX 285s:

Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1

Not the "Standard VGA Adapter I used to get in Windows Vista, and on that note for reference, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (upgrade version received in the mail.) Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=97267
ASRock Z97 Extreme 6

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
16gb (2x 8gb) G.skill RipJaws X 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz
"3.5GB" Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970
Creative Soundblaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card
1TB Samsung 840 Evo
EVGA Supernova 750w G2
Asus Blu-Ray Disk Drive
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  Service Pack 1
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/18 09:01:15 (permalink)
Jagblade

I followed the guide to the letter, TO THE LETTER yet I think I may have a problem. Upon uninstalling the driver and rebooting into either safe mode or normal mode with or without my ethernet cord in (effectively severing my net connection if it's out,) I get the following driver install for my GTX 285s:

Not the "Standard VGA Adapter I used to get in Windows Vista, and on that note for reference, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (upgrade version received in the mail.) Is this normal or do I have a problem?

This is normal and nothing to worry about.
The WDDM is the Windows Display Driver Model driver and is needed by Windows to run your Videocard. Your Windows 7 copy has that driver included in the Install.

Jagblade
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 142
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/18 18:03:54 (permalink)
maniacvvv

Jagblade

This is normal and nothing to worry about.
The WDDM is the Windows Display Driver Model driver and is needed by Windows to run your Videocard. Your Windows 7 copy has that driver included in the Install.

Alright, thank you for the information. That little features has been annoying me for the last year or two. XD Always thought I was doing something wrong.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=97267
ASRock Z97 Extreme 6

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0Ghz
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
16gb (2x 8gb) G.skill RipJaws X 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz
"3.5GB" Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970
Creative Soundblaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card
1TB Samsung 840 Evo
EVGA Supernova 750w G2
Asus Blu-Ray Disk Drive
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  Service Pack 1
gregwjones
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/18 18:14:30 (permalink)
My first post here :)

The Nvidia driver 285.62 is crashing sometimes and I am trying to follow the instructions here to uninstall and then correctly reinstall the driver without the bloatware. I used the Program and Features capability of the Win 7 Control Panel to removed all Nvidia programs except the actual Nvidia Driver but I cannot remove one other Nvidia app. It's Name is "NVIDIA Drivers", Publisher is "NVIDIA Corporation", and the Version is "1.10".  The actual driver that also remains is: Name "NVIDIA Graphics Driver 285.62", Publisher is "NVIDIA Corporation", and the version is of coarse is "285.62". Those are the only two Nvidia apps listed in the Program and Features tool.

When I try to remove the "NVIDIA Drivers" nothing happends. So, how do I remove this prior to removing the actual driver "NVIDIA Graphics Driver 285.62"?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Greg

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/18 20:05:21 (permalink)
gregwjones

My first post here :)

The Nvidia driver 285.62 is crashing sometimes and I am trying to follow the instructions here to uninstall and then correctly reinstall the driver without the bloatware. I used the Program and Features capability of the Win 7 Control Panel to removed all Nvidia programs except the actual Nvidia Driver but I cannot remove one other Nvidia app. It's Name is "NVIDIA Drivers", Publisher is "NVIDIA Corporation", and the Version is "1.10".  The actual driver that also remains is: Name "NVIDIA Graphics Driver 285.62", Publisher is "NVIDIA Corporation", and the version is of coarse is "285.62". Those are the only two Nvidia apps listed in the Program and Features tool.

When I try to remove the "NVIDIA Drivers" nothing happends. So, how do I remove this prior to removing the actual driver "NVIDIA Graphics Driver 285.62"?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Greg

That entry "Nvidia drivers 1.10" is a BETA 3d vision driver

Try rebooting and just try and remove the 1.10 Entry

If you cannot get it to uninstall, skip it and do the Graphics driver, then reboot and follow the guide for a Custom install with the "clean install" option checked.

LBrown
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/18 20:14:05 (permalink)
I have a new Acer monitor, and is working fine with the default driver. Should I install the Acer driver before installing my new video card. New pc, so still using onboard graphics.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/18 20:20:21 (permalink)
LBrown

I have a new Acer monitor, and is working fine with the default driver. Should I install the Acer driver before installing my new video card. New pc, so still using onboard graphics.

Your Monitor driver may be installed at anytime, installing it before using a new videocard is recommended

*note: if its working fine and showing up correctly in the NVCP (as Acer Monitor, not Generic PnP Monitor)
then you should be fine not even installing it. Sometimes Monitor drivers contain "other" stuff that can cause issues. 
post edited by maniacvvv - 2011/12/18 20:22:31

Zerograde
  • Total Posts : 4
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/20 19:20:38 (permalink)
Hello,
Im about ready to install a new gtx 560 (fermi) when i noticed that in my add/remove programs list i see 2 listing for NVIDIA drivers. One says "Nvidia drivers" that has a green upwards arrow on it. And the other is like the one listed in your tutorial, "Nvidia graphics driver 275.33".  Do i need to uninstall the "Nvidia drivers" first as well?
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/20 21:18:02 (permalink)
Zerograde

Hello,
Im about ready to install a new gtx 560 (fermi) when i noticed that in my add/remove programs list i see 2 listing for NVIDIA drivers. One says "Nvidia drivers" that has a green upwards arrow on it. And the other is like the one listed in your tutorial, "Nvidia graphics driver 275.33".  Do i need to uninstall the "Nvidia drivers" first as well?

Please describe the entry more clearly

As long as you are -certain- that your motherboard does NOT have a Nvidia chipset, then the entry can be removed.

If you "DO" have a motherboard with a Nvidia Chipset, the entry should have some more details or a number on it that will let us know what it is. You DO NOT want to remove Nvidia chipset drivers. 

Please check.

If you are unable to find out, you can post your Motherbaord make/model number and I would be happy to look it up for you

Zerograde
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/20 21:41:42 (permalink)
maniacvvv

Zerograde

Hello,

As long as you are -certain- that your motherboard does NOT have a Nvidia chipset, then the entry can be removed.

If you "DO" have a motherboard with a Nvidia Chipset, the entry should have some more details or a number on it that will let us know what it is. You DO NOT want to remove Nvidia chipset drivers. 

Please check.

If you are unable to find out, you can post your Motherbaord make/model number and I would be happy to look it up for you

There are no details on the control panel, but it was installed the same time the Nvidia control panel was installed sometime last year. Here are some caps:
  *edit* The Product version on this is 1.10.62.40

This one shows what pops up when I double click the "NVIDIA Drivers":

This is the motherboard I have
ABIT IN9 32X-MAX LGA 775 Nvidia nForce 680i SLI / NF590 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard, If links don't work.
post edited by Zerograde - 2011/12/20 21:57:10
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/21 01:21:36 (permalink)
Zerograde

maniacvvv

Zerograde

Hello,

Please check.

There are no details on the control panel, but it was installed the same time the Nvidia control panel was installed sometime last year. Here are some caps:
*edit* The Product version on this is 1.10.62.40

This one shows what pops up when I double click the "NVIDIA Drivers":

This is the motherboard I have
ABIT IN9 32X-MAX LGA 775 Nvidia nForce 680i SLI / NF590 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard, If links don't work.

Thanks for the great screenshots, makes it easy to see what the entry is

*Just completly -skip- that "Nvidia Driver" entry totally

post edited by maniacvvv - 2011/12/21 01:45:39

Attached Image(s)

butterworthracing
  • Total Posts : 6
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/21 05:01:20 (permalink)
This guide saved my sanity when I discovered my GTX 460 wouldn't update drivers and i couldn't play my shiny new copy of Serious Sam 3.   Grrrrrr.....

So I followed each and every step of the guide.

Installation Failed.   GRRRRRRR....
So I researched some more and found the thread(s) about the SubinACL utility to reset registry permissions to defaults and set up the "reset.cmd" file as a last resort...here's what I did and what ultimately worked:
1 Uninstall Nvidia Drivers per this guide including:
2 Reboot to Safe Mode
3 Run DriverSweeper
4 Run Ccleaner  (didn't find anything nvidia related, but did find two folders remaining after running DriverSweeper and rebooting into safe mode)
5 "Delete Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Session Manager
CWDIllegalInDllSearch=FFFFFFFF" <<- not present on my Win 7 64 bit installation
6 Reboot to Normal mode
7 Reinstall driver per the steps above- FAILED
8 Reinstall driver, kill the install right as it gets to Control Panel installation - FAILED

*** at this point I was giving serious consideration to running the SubinACL command and had a sudden twinge of curiosity - what would happen with a right click on "Display adapter, std VGA" and then "Update Driver"?

9 Navigate to C:\nvidia\display\ yadda yadda and look around in the display driver folder...hmmm...looks like everything the system needs to install is in here...hmmm....
10 Right click on display adapter in Device manager, Update Driver, Browse to location, point it to the subfolder under Nvidia and turn it loose.
11 While it's running, I check the Readme.txt file in the display driver folder and guess what it says? Among other methods using the old "right click" and update driver install is perfectly fine...you don't have to run Setup.exe with the pretty gui...of course you give up control over whats installed but I'd rather that than a full up OS reinstall or attempt to reset registry permissions that could lead to an OS reinstall.  (I mean seriously, I'm here to use my computer, not jack with it for days).

This worked.

It also installed the useless audio HD, Nvidia update and 3d crap but that can be uninstalled individually under "Programs" in Control panel.

I suspect that if the original user initiated installation via the Unzip failed because of a permissions issue, and yes it was "Run as administrator" and I was logged on with the Administrator account.  By invoking the "update driver" this may have initiated the installation routine with the permissions of "System". Whatever the case it did work.

FYI, according to the README file you can install multiple ways:
1.1 Menu-controlled Video Driver Installation  <<-- the easy "I'm a Mac" way
1.2 Unattended Video Driver Installation <<-- command line for EDLIN or VI lovers
1.3 Manual Microsoft Windows Vista/Win7 Installation Instructions  <<-- the way that worked for me

1.   Click "Start" then right click on "Computer" and then click on
       "Properties".
  2.   Click on "Device Manager".
  3.   Expand "Display adapters" then Right click on the graphics controller
       shown and Select Update Driver Software.  
  4.   You will have a choice of having Windows search automatically for updated
       driver software or Browse my computer for driver software.
  5.   Select "Browse my computer for Driver software".
  6.   After finding the driver you want installed, click the "Next" button.
  7.   The operating system will now install the driver.
  8.   Click the "Close" button and restart your computer.

For folks at their wits end who have no recourse but to throw the Hail Mary pass or reload the OS, here's what I was going to run using SubinACL:
Here's an article on SubinACL:
In order to set ownership I've modified the reset.cmd file to read:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /setowner=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /setowner=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /setowner=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /setowner=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

Thank you maniacvvv for your excellent guide!
dwoo53
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/21 13:32:59 (permalink)
Hey Maniac,

This guide was awesome but I'm still having one issue.  I just updated to 290.53 and after the extre reboot my sli option is gone.  The only thing showing is "set Physx configuration"  Any advice on how to get sli option back? this has been an ongoing battle with all the newest set of drivers.  Im at my wits end and just may do a fresh O/S install but I thought i would post here and see if you or anyone had some insight as to what I can do.

Thanks
post edited by dwoo53 - 2011/12/21 13:35:12
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/21 15:30:10 (permalink)
dwoo53

Hey Maniac,

This guide was awesome but I'm still having one issue.  I just updated to 290.53 and after the extre reboot my sli option is gone.  The only thing showing is "set Physx configuration"  Any advice on how to get sli option back? this has been an ongoing battle with all the newest set of drivers.  Im at my wits end and just may do a fresh O/S install but I thought i would post here and see if you or anyone had some insight as to what I can do.

Thanks

As noted in the Guide, try uninstalling/installing again with 290.53. If your -certain- you didnt miss anything, you could try a "overinstall" of 290.53 "over" 290.53 without the uninstall first, Custom/Clean install.

What cards are you running, and what is the last driverset that SLI worked with correctly?

As always with SLI problems, powerdown, then pop the bridge off and make sure its back on snug
and it never hurts to re-seat the cards.

Zerograde
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/22 18:48:45 (permalink)
Hello again. For the step about deleting old driver packages, I noticed a different folder shown here:

You can see the path it leads to on the left. Is this one of those folders to delete? Note the DisplayDriver folder is empty.

Also thanks for your reply to my earlier question. I think this is the last thing I had a concern about then im ready for the install.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/22 19:16:24 (permalink)
Zerograde

Hello again. For the step about deleting old driver packages, I noticed a different folder shown here:

You can see the path it leads to on the left. Is this one of those folders to delete? Note the DisplayDriver folder is empty.

Also thanks for your reply to my earlier question. I think this is the last thing I had a concern about then im ready for the install.

You can delete everything inside the WinVista64 folder
This will leave you with just the Display Driver and WinVista64 folder (both empty) inside of the Nvidia folder.

windrider
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/26 09:24:25 (permalink)
Excellent guide, and I will be following it soon when I install a new GTX 550 TI

Now its been awhile but I will be using my GT 220 as a dedicated physix card, so I will want too install that card after I install the GTX 550 TI. Is that correct?

It will be a week or so before I get my new card and do this.

ANTEC NINE HUNDRED TWO - ASUS VH242H LCD
Nvidia GeForce  GTX 1650 Super
Corsair XMS3 Dominator CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 12GB
EVGA X58 SLI - Core i7 950 - 3.06 GHz
Zalman Reserator 3 MAX Liquid CPU Cooler
OCZ ZX Series 1250W PSU
LG Super-Multi 24x DVD Writer, SATA, Black (OEM)
Samsung 860 Evo V-Nand SSD Sata 6gb/s
Seagate 1000GB Hard Drive SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache
Seagate 750GB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA II w/ 32MB Cache
Windows 10 Pro 
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/26 20:07:12 (permalink)
windrider

Excellent guide, and I will be following it soon when I install a new GTX 550 TI

Now its been awhile but I will be using my GT 220 as a dedicated physix card, so I will want too install that card after I install the GTX 550 TI. Is that correct?

Just install the driver for the 550 Ti (do not attempt to install a second or seperate driver for the 220)
Then use the NVCP to "dedicate" the 220 to PhysX

windrider
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/27 13:45:41 (permalink)
maniacvvv

windrider

Just install the driver for the 550 Ti (do not attempt to install a second or seperate driver for the 220)
Then use the NVCP to "dedicate" the 220 to PhysX

Sounds good. Thanks maniacvvv.  Thats what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

ANTEC NINE HUNDRED TWO - ASUS VH242H LCD
Nvidia GeForce  GTX 1650 Super
Corsair XMS3 Dominator CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 12GB
EVGA X58 SLI - Core i7 950 - 3.06 GHz
Zalman Reserator 3 MAX Liquid CPU Cooler
OCZ ZX Series 1250W PSU
LG Super-Multi 24x DVD Writer, SATA, Black (OEM)
Samsung 860 Evo V-Nand SSD Sata 6gb/s
Seagate 1000GB Hard Drive SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache
Seagate 750GB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA II w/ 32MB Cache
Windows 10 Pro 
Zerograde
Re:A guide for Installing and Uninstalling Nvidia Drivers for 200, 400 and 500 series card 2011/12/27 15:56:54 (permalink)
Got my gtx 560 up and running yesterday with no problems! I'm glad I found this guide, it couldn't have made it any easier! Thanks maniacvvv!
CIGARJOHN
  • Total Posts : 48
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/28 14:48:23 (permalink)
Thank you very much for this great outline on the proper procedures for uninstalling and installing Nvidia drivers. I've always used the express settings, not knowing about the useless drivers that I didn't even need like the HD Audio, Nvidia Update and 3D Vision drivers. Also, thank you for letting us know about the windows automatic update which I have changed to warn me on what updates needing to be downloaded with my permission. I will keep an eye out for the display driver downloads from windows and avoid them at all costs.

On another note, Nvidia had a tools download for helping in overclocking your GPU. Does this program work or is it a waste of my time.

Once again, thanks again for all the information your've included.
Lian Li X-2000F Case
Koolance ERM-3K3U external liquid cooling system
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z 1155
Intel i7 2600k
16 gig Mushkin 7-8-7-24-2T Ram
(2) EVGA GTX-580 Classified Hydro Copper 855mhz switched to OC Mode (SLI)
Asus Xonar Xense 7.1 Sound Card
Antec HCP-1200 Pro
(2) Crucial M4 256 SSD
LiteOn Blue-Ray Drive Burner
Windows 7-64
Creative S750 7.1 Surround Speaker System
post edited by CIGARJOHN - 2011/12/28 14:57:28
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2011/12/28 17:42:24 (permalink)
CIGARJOHN

On another note, Nvidia had a tools download for helping in overclocking your GPU. Does this program work or is it a waste of my time.

Once again, thanks again for all the information your've included. 

Your most welcome

Avoid at all costs. installing any "Nvidia overclcoking and monitoring tools"
These are Nvidia's latest "NTune" softwares and are just about the worst thing to have installed on your computer.
*Not only are they problematic and often cause issues, they are -very- hard to uninstall off a users system.
I recommend to avoid such software completely

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile