Helpful ReplyHot!Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
Zeddivile
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 761
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/08/27 13:08:26 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
vulcan1978
I am interested in a GPU on ebay that is listed as new / sealed but the seller does not have the original sales receipt (they stated that they received it as a gift). Is it possible to transfer the warranty, assuming there is one without it and only the Ebay receipt / transaction record? 

So long as it is a -KR part number, you should be fine.  You'll just use the Ebay receipt to upload for after you register the product on your account.

What is the difference or reason for needing a -KR part number in order for warranty to transfer?

"This stuff breaks my tiny often dehydrated and carb deprived hamster brain" -2019

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/08/27 14:50:10 (permalink)
Zeddivile
EVGATech_LeeM
vulcan1978
I am interested in a GPU on ebay that is listed as new / sealed but the seller does not have the original sales receipt (they stated that they received it as a gift). Is it possible to transfer the warranty, assuming there is one without it and only the Ebay receipt / transaction record? 

So long as it is a -KR part number, you should be fine.  You'll just use the Ebay receipt to upload for after you register the product on your account.

What is the difference or reason for needing a -KR part number in order for warranty to transfer?

Short answer - Because warranty does not transfer with recertified (-RX, -R1, -R2, -R3, -R4, -R5), bulk (-BR/-BX), or 2 Year Limited Warranty (-LR/-TR) graphics cards; you must have a -KR (or other 3 Year Limited Warranty suffix) graphics card for the warranty to transfer to someone else.

Long answer - In the context of graphics cards, we have very few part numbers that we use (compared to power supplies), so I mentioned the most common warranty suffix that allows for warranty transfer.  Since we did technically have -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, and -K5 on the 1080 Ti series, and -KP on the 20-Series, perhaps it would be more accurate to say -KX graphics cards.
brentsg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/17 10:45:29 (permalink)
I'm trying to understand the secondhand status and impact.  A close friend and I have been chasing cards.  Somehow I got two and he got zero so I plan to hand him a sealed FTW3 card that I received yesterday.  He will register the card.

Does this put him as secondhand, or is that intended for people who buy used later on?  Does this screw him for step-up or anything?  I'm not scalping the card but I don't see how EVGA would know this.  But if there are any negative side effects, I could register since we live close by and I could handle any warranty issues for him (though cumbersome).

The card came from Provantage and he'll have my packing slip and I can share a print of my invoice.
post edited by brentsg - 2020/10/17 10:47:22
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/17 14:44:41 (permalink)
Yes, he won’t be the original owner, so he won’t be able to step-up.
brentsg
Superclocked Member
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/17 16:15:25 (permalink)
Thanks for the response. I dug through the information available and didn’t think about that detail. I doubt he would but I suppose if a 20GB part surfaces then it is possible.

I’ll just register it and sell/transfer after the 90 day period. I can handle all that if needed.
post edited by brentsg - 2020/10/17 16:25:01
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/19 09:07:51 (permalink)
brentsg
Thanks for the response. I dug through the information available and didn’t think about that detail. I doubt he would but I suppose if a 20GB part surfaces then it is possible.

I’ll just register it and sell/transfer after the 90 day period. I can handle all that if needed.

If he's a close friend, then he may not mind you registering it under your account and allowing you to handle things like an RMA, Step-Up, or an extended warranty purchase if he wants.  It's the easiest way to handle things between the two of you.  Original warranty stays intact, even if he's physically holding on to the card.
brentsg
Superclocked Member
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/19 11:37:35 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
brentsg

If he's a close friend, then he may not mind you registering it under your account and allowing you to handle things like an RMA, Step-Up, or an extended warranty purchase if he wants.  It's the easiest way to handle things between the two of you.  Original warranty stays intact, even if he's physically holding on to the card.

Thanks, yeah he's like 10 minutes away and I talk to him most days.  It's slightly cumbersome but easy enough that there's no problem.  
freebrth
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/10/24 15:31:04 (permalink)
Helloo,
-  So, what about new retail (RTX 3080) from non-authorized online retail outlets?
- it's currently hard to find any of the 3080 card that are at "authorized dealers" everyone is sold out ... but, i did find a card as a "new retail item" from a small online shop. It's not a used card, it is being sold as retail-new ... so, if i buy it from that small online retailer would the warranty be considered second hand? or would i be the "original first owner" and able to use the extended warranty? 

Kindly,
Shannon. 
Jjackbean
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/12/02 23:55:39 (permalink)
If my card replaced because of rma, will warranty transcended on my replaced card?
Creative007
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/12/05 14:31:16 (permalink)
Saving your receipts and uploading them to the cloud is the way to go.
gknot
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2020/12/28 12:30:58 (permalink)
I have the same question. Looks like it's not very easy to find an answer, but it appears that this is a case that fits into the "second hand" warranty category.
magnusfl
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/01/27 04:25:39 (permalink)
When buying used  it totally buyer beware most times realty good but just it can really bad. What really maters in the warranty especially with a card that cost 2 grand which i like  EVGA as get a 10 year warranty
ahmedshawki
  • Total Posts : 88
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/01/31 07:48:10 (permalink)
I have issue in my RMA card and need to return it 

how can u help 

EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Here's a relatively simple guide for understanding the changes to the warranty for original owners and secondhand owners.  Most people by now have heard that a proof of purchase is now needed for secondhand warranties if the product falls under our new warranty.  This warranty came into effect on May 25th, 2018.  This will be covered, but we may as well discuss everything that's needed for both original and secondhand owners for EVGA products.

Here's the obligatory link to the EVGA Warranty section: https://www.evga.com/warranty/

First, there are two types of dates you need to understand for the warranty:
  • Purchase date - This is the date that the original owner purchased the product from EVGA.com or an authorized reseller.  This is important for the original owner only.  When the original owner registers a product, the purchase date is the correct date to use and is the date upon which the warranty begins.  This date will eventually need to be verified by a proof of purchase.
  • Shipping date - This is the date that the product originally shipped from EVGA directly to a customer or to an authorized reseller.  When a secondhand owner registers a product, the shipping date will be used to determine the beginning and end of the warranty period.  Depending upon the original ship date, a proof of purchase may be needed by the secondhand owner.
Second, the product's purchase or shipping date will determine which warranty terms apply.  If the product was purchased or shipped before May 25th, 2018, then the older warranty terms apply.  If the product was purchased or shipped on or after May 25th, 2018, then the new warranty terms apply. 
  • Old Warranty - Products purchased or shipped before May 25th, 2018:
    • Original Owners - Original owners need to submit a valid proof of purchase to verify that they are the original owner and to establish the purchase date, or when the warranty period begins.
      • Other reasons to upload a proof of purchase -
        Spoiler
        • Step-Up (if available for your product or region)
        • Extended Warranty (if available for your product or region)
        • EAR or Cross-ship RMA options (if available for your product or region)
        • Promotions
        • Affiliate Reward codes (proof of purchase required for approval)
        close
    • Exception - A proof of purchase does not need to be uploaded if the product was purchased on EVGA.com from your account
  • Secondhand Owners - No proof of purchase necessary if the product shipped from EVGA before May 25th, 2018

• New/Current Warranty - Products purchased or shipped on or after May 25th, 2018:
    • Original Owners - Original owners need to submit a valid proof of purchase to verify that they are the original owner and to establish the purchase date, or when the warranty period begins.
        Spoiler
        • Promotions
        close
    • Exception - A proof of purchase does not need to be uploaded if the product was purchased on EVGA.com from your account
  • Secondhand Owners - Secondhand owners of a product shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018 must provide a proof of purchase of the sale from the previous owner to you, the current owner.
Third, if a proof of purchase is needed, what do original owners or secondhand owners need to provide?

We have a helpful FAQ to explain how to acquire and upload your proof of purchase here:https://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=58652.  There are other types of proof of purchase that will be accepted.  Similarly, you may need to scan or take a photo of your proof of purchase, if you only have a physical copy.  If you are unable to provide these types of a proof of purchase, please contact our Customer Service to see what other options may be available.
  • Original owners:
    • Original owners must provide a proof of purchase regardless of when the product was purchased.
      • The exception to the rule is if the original owner purchased the product from EVGA.com from the original owner's EVGA.com account.  Please remember to register the product, however.
    • Original owners should be able to provide the proof of purchase from the authorized reseller.  In most cases, a screenshot, PDF, or Windows XPS version from the reseller should be acceptable.  As noted above, a scanned or photograph of the proof of purchase should be sufficient.  Again, beyond the most common types of proof of purchases provided to us, there may be other options for an original owner to provide a proof of purchase.
  • Secondhand owners
    • Secondhand owners are required to provide a proof of purchase if the product was shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018.  If the product shipped from EVGA prior to May 25th, 2018, no proof of purchase is required.
    • Secondhand owners should provide a proof of purchase showing the sale between the current owner (i.e. YOU) and previous owner (i.e. the person selling the card).  This may be as simple as a screenshot of a PayPal invoice, Venmo invoice, Amazon Payments invoice, Ebay invoice, etc.  It is understood that sometimes sales are not done online, so another means of showing the sale, even if it's made for the purpose of this proof of purchase, is acceptable. 
    • Secondhand owners should not provide the original owner's proof of purchase from an authorized reseller, or the proof of purchase between previous owners of the card.
    • If you have any questions about what type of proof of purchase is needed, please contact our Customer Service.
FAQ

Q. I want to register my product, but I don't have a proof of purchase.
Spoiler

A. First of all, that was a statement, not a question.  However, a proof of purchase is never required for registration.  We encourage you to upload your proof of purchase after registering your product, but you can register your product without a proof of purchase.
close

Q. I bought this EVGA product secondhand. What should I do when I register it?
Spoiler

A. First, go to https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp.
  1. Enter the serial number and the part number.
  2. Select eBayCraigslist, or Secondhand as place of purchase options.  
  3. Enter the shipping date as the date of purchase. If you don't know the date the product shipped from EVGA, use the date when you purchased the product from the previous owner. The registration system will view the shipping date as the beginning of your warranty, which you can see on the View Details page for your registered product.
  4. Enter an Affiliate Rewards code (optional, but if you do enter a code, please make sure to upload a copy of your proof of purchase promptly)
close
Q. I registered my secondhand EVGA product, but why does it give me options for Step-Up, Extended Warranty, EAR, and other features that original owners are eligible for?
Spoiler

A. Most likely, you selected an EVGA Authorized Reseller as your place of purchase when you registered the product. Please contact EVGA Customer Service to update your place of purchase.
close

Q. I want to purchase a used EVGA product. How can I tell if it was shipped from EVGA before the warranty changed on May 25th, 2018?
Spoiler

A. First, you need to know the serial number of the EVGA product, which you may need to request from the seller. If you need help finding the serial number, please look at our registration page at https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp for examples. Once you have the serial number, please contact EVGA Customer Service and they will be happy to look up the serial number and tell you the warranty status.
close

Q. I purchased my EVGA graphics card from a friend last year. Does this mean I need a proof of purchase?
Spoiler

A. First, you need to confirm when the product shipped from EVGA, as noted in the above FAQ. If shipped before May 25th, 2018, then no proof of purchase is required.
close

Q. I bought my EVGA graphics card from the original owner who said he bought the EVGA product after May 25th, 2018, but the product's shipping date is before May 25th, 2018.  Which warranty applies to my product?
Spoiler

A. Because you are the secondhand owner, your warranty begins at the shipping date.  Since, in this case, your ship date is prior to the beginning of the new warranty, you will follow the warranty terms for products purchased/shipped prior to May 25th, 2018.
close

Q. I bought my card secondhand, but the original owner never registered the product and is willing to give me his original proof of purchase.  If I register the product and upload the proof of purchase, will I be considered the original owner?
Spoiler

A. No.  There can only be one (original owner).
close

Q. I bought my -RX product secondhand, but it says it cannot find my warranty information or it says there is no warranty.
Spoiler

A. Unfortunately, -RX products and certain other products do not quality for a secondhand warranty. Please review the EVGA Warranty information for your product at https://www.evga.com/warranty/.
close

Q. My product is not registered.  How can I tell how much time is left on my warranty?
Spoiler

A. If it's not registered, you can check the warranty with a valid EVGA serial number at https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp.  Alternatively, register your product and see the next question.
close

Q. My product is registered.  How can I tell how much time is left on my warranty?
Spoiler

A. I'm glad you asked!  We've recently added the time left for both original owners and second hand owners.
  1. First, go to your My Products page:  https://www.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp
  2. Locate the product you want to review and click "View Details".
For original owners, you'll see details similar to this:

• For original owners:  Note that your warranty is based on the purchase date that you enter.  If the information is incorrect, then the days left will be incorrect.  Please contact one of our Customer Service representatives to assist.  A proof of purchase may be required to verify any changes to this information.
For secondhand owners, you'll see slightly different information:

• For secondhand owners:  Note that the days left status is based on the shipping date from EVGA.  For this example, the product was "shipped" on March 1, 2018.  It has a 3 year warranty that began on 3/1/18, not the date of purchase that was entered.  Regardless of the purchase date entered, the system will pull from the date that the product left the EVGA warehouse. 
  • If you are an original owner and you see this message, then you likely entered the wrong place of purchase, or there may be an issue with your serial number.  In either case, please contact one of our Customer Service representatives to assist.  A proof of purchase may be required to verify any changes to this information.
close
 Hopefully, this clears up any confusion over this matter.  If you have other questions, please ask them below and I'll consider adding them to the FAQ.

EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Here's a relatively simple guide for understanding the changes to the warranty for original owners and secondhand owners.  Most people by now have heard that a proof of purchase is now needed for secondhand warranties if the product falls under our new warranty.  This warranty came into effect on May 25th, 2018.  This will be covered, but we may as well discuss everything that's needed for both original and secondhand owners for EVGA products.

Here's the obligatory link to the EVGA Warranty section: https://www.evga.com/warranty/

• Purchase date - This is the date that the original owner purchased the product from EVGA.com or an authorized reseller.  This is important for the original owner only.  When the original owner registers a product, the purchase date is the correct date to use and is the date upon which the warranty begins.  This date will eventually need to be verified by a proof of purchase.
  • Shipping date - This is the date that the product originally shipped from EVGA directly to a customer or to an authorized reseller.  When a secondhand owner registers a product, the shipping date will be used to determine the beginning and end of the warranty period.  Depending upon the original ship date, a proof of purchase may be needed by the secondhand owner.
Second, the product's purchase or shipping date will determine which warranty terms apply.  If the product was purchased or shipped before May 25th, 2018, then the older warranty terms apply.  If the product was purchased or shipped on or after May 25th, 2018, then the new warranty terms apply. 
        Spoiler
        • Promotions
        close
  • Secondhand Owners - No proof of purchase necessary if the product shipped from EVGA before May 25th, 2018

• New/Current Warranty - Products purchased or shipped on or after May 25th, 2018:
        Spoiler
        • Promotions
        close
  • Secondhand Owners - Secondhand owners of a product shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018 must provide a proof of purchase of the sale from the previous owner to you, the current owner.
Third, if a proof of purchase is needed, what do original owners or secondhand owners need to provide?

We have a helpful FAQ to explain how to acquire and upload your proof of purchase here:https://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=58652.  There are other types of proof of purchase that will be accepted.  Similarly, you may need to scan or take a photo of your proof of purchase, if you only have a physical copy.  If you are unable to provide these types of a proof of purchase, please contact our Customer Service to see what other options may be available.
  • Original owners:
    • Original owners must provide a proof of purchase regardless of when the product was purchased.
      • The exception to the rule is if the original owner purchased the product from EVGA.com from the original owner's EVGA.com account.  Please remember to register the product, however.
    • Original owners should be able to provide the proof of purchase from the authorized reseller.  In most cases, a screenshot, PDF, or Windows XPS version from the reseller should be acceptable.  As noted above, a scanned or photograph of the proof of purchase should be sufficient.  Again, beyond the most common types of proof of purchases provided to us, there may be other options for an original owner to provide a proof of purchase.
  • Secondhand owners
    • Secondhand owners are required to provide a proof of purchase if the product was shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018.  If the product shipped from EVGA prior to May 25th, 2018, no proof of purchase is required.
    • Secondhand owners should provide a proof of purchase showing the sale between the current owner (i.e. YOU) and previous owner (i.e. the person selling the card).  This may be as simple as a screenshot of a PayPal invoice, Venmo invoice, Amazon Payments invoice, Ebay invoice, etc.  It is understood that sometimes sales are not done online, so another means of showing the sale, even if it's made for the purpose of this proof of purchase, is acceptable. 
    • Secondhand owners should not provide the original owner's proof of purchase from an authorized reseller, or the proof of purchase between previous owners of the card.
    • If you have any questions about what type of proof of purchase is needed, please contact our Customer Service.
FAQ

Spoiler

A. First of all, that was a statement, not a question.  However, a proof of purchase is never required for registration.  We encourage you to upload your proof of purchase after registering your product, but you can register your product without a proof of purchase.
close

Spoiler

3. Enter the shipping date as the date of purchase. If you don't know the date the product shipped from EVGA, use the date when you purchased the product from the previous owner. The registration system will view the shipping date as the beginning of your warranty, which you can see on the View Details page for your registered product.
  4. Enter an Affiliate Rewards code (optional, but if you do enter a code, please make sure to upload a copy of your proof of purchase promptly)
close
Q. I registered my secondhand EVGA product, but why does it give me options for Step-Up, Extended Warranty, EAR, and other features that original owners are eligible for?
Spoiler

A. Most likely, you selected an EVGA Authorized Reseller as your place of purchase when you registered the product. Please contact EVGA Customer Service to update your place of purchase.
close

Q. I want to purchase a used EVGA product. How can I tell if it was shipped from EVGA before the warranty changed on May 25th, 2018?
Spoiler

A. First, you need to know the serial number of the EVGA product, which you may need to request from the seller. If you need help finding the serial number, please look at our registration page at https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp for examples. Once you have the serial number, please contact EVGA Customer Service and they will be happy to look up the serial number and tell you the warranty status.
close

Q. I purchased my EVGA graphics card from a friend last year. Does this mean I need a proof of purchase?
Spoiler

A. First, you need to confirm when the product shipped from EVGA, as noted in the above FAQ. If shipped before May 25th, 2018, then no proof of purchase is required.
close

Q. I bought my EVGA graphics card from the original owner who said he bought the EVGA product after May 25th, 2018, but the product's shipping date is before May 25th, 2018.  Which warranty applies to my product?
Spoiler

A. Because you are the secondhand owner, your warranty begins at the shipping date.  Since, in this case, your ship date is prior to the beginning of the new warranty, you will follow the warranty terms for products purchased/shipped prior to May 25th, 2018.
close

Q. I bought my card secondhand, but the original owner never registered the product and is willing to give me his original proof of purchase.  If I register the product and upload the proof of purchase, will I be considered the original owner?
Spoiler

close

Q. I bought my -RX product secondhand, but it says it cannot find my warranty information or it says there is no warranty.
Spoiler

A. Unfortunately, -RX products and certain other products do not quality for a secondhand warranty. Please review the EVGA Warranty information for your product at https://www.evga.com/warranty/.
close

Q. My product is not registered.  How can I tell how much time is left on my warranty?
Spoiler

A. If it's not registered, you can check the warranty with a valid EVGA serial number at https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp.  Alternatively, register your product and see the next question.
close

Q. My product is registered.  How can I tell how much time is left on my warranty?
Spoiler

A. I'm glad you asked!  We've recently added the time left for both original owners and second hand owners.
  1. First, go to your My Products page:  https://www.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp

• For original owners:  Note that your warranty is based on the purchase date that you enter.  If the information is incorrect, then the days left will be incorrect.  Please contact one of our Customer Service representatives to assist.  A proof of purchase may be required to verify any changes to this information.

• For secondhand owners:  Note that the days left status is based on the shipping date from EVGA.  For this example, the product was "shipped" on March 1, 2018.  It has a 3 year warranty that began on 3/1/18, not the date of purchase that was entered.  Regardless of the purchase date entered, the system will pull from the date that the product left the EVGA warehouse. 
  • If you are an original owner and you see this message, then you likely entered the wrong place of purchase, or there may be an issue with your serial number.  In either case, please contact one of our Customer Service representatives to assist.  A proof of purchase may be required to verify any changes to this information.
close
 Hopefully, this clears up any confusion over this matter.  If you have other questions, please ask them below and I'll consider adding them to the FAQ.

EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Spoiler
        • Promotions
        close

Spoiler
        • Promotions
        close

• Original owners:
  • Secondhand owners
FAQ

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close
Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Spoiler

close

Womble560
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/03/11 02:09:20 (permalink)
Just wondering about warranty on a second hand card that has been used for MINING . They are running 24/7 at full tilt. So in the future when these miners get sick of running their power bills up they will sell on the second hand market. EVGA allows the warranty that is left to be passed to new owner as long as they can send in a invoice as such. Surely these cards are more liable to break down than say a gamers card that is switched off at most intervals. Are EVGA going to allow the warranty to pass to new owner when these cards are run to death so to speak. Just a though for future sales to buyers.   
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/03/11 03:22:54 (permalink)
Womble560
Just wondering about warranty on a second hand card that has been used for MINING . They are running 24/7 at full tilt. So in the future when these miners get sick of running their power bills up they will sell on the second hand market. EVGA allows the warranty that is left to be passed to new owner as long as they can send in a invoice as such. Surely these cards are more liable to break down than say a gamers card that is switched off at most intervals. Are EVGA going to allow the warranty to pass to new owner when these cards are run to death so to speak. Just a though for future sales to buyers.   

The mining part doesnt matter to evga, what you do with the card is up to you. As long as its physically unaltered and not physically damaged they will honor the second hand warranty if appropriate and the limited 3 year warranty will still be from when the card left the warehouse. Now, you as a buyer on the second hand market is a different thing, cause it would def be in your interest to find out if the card was used for mining/folding etc... and being hammered on 24/7/365 cause yes, it will wear the components out much quicker with that kind of stress and heat. It should be quite discounted, if you buy it at all.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/03/11 07:29:20 (permalink)
Womble560

This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:

Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes).

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/04/18 12:31:12 (permalink)
Very well Written. This is very important to know for everyone. kudos 

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
whoaboy
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/04/28 19:10:29 (permalink)
Today I bought a B-Stock GPU to gift to a friend who has desperately been searching for a video card.  If this card is going to be gifted to someone else right from the start, can they get the 1 year warranty coverage normally offered on B-Stock GPU purchases?

I saw someone ask a similar question in this thread a couple years ago, but figured I should ask this fresh since some time has passed.
EVGATech_DanielC
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/04/29 08:08:44 (permalink)
whoaboy
Today I bought a B-Stock GPU to gift to a friend who has desperately been searching for a video card.  If this card is going to be gifted to someone else right from the start, can they get the 1 year warranty coverage normally offered on B-Stock GPU purchases?

I saw someone ask a similar question in this thread a couple years ago, but figured I should ask this fresh since some time has passed.

Unfortunately not, our B-Stock warranty is non transferable, if the card does have issues within a year you can set up the RMA for them however they cannot initiate the RMA process as they are not the original purchaser.

-Daniel C

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
Zerhot
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/05/03 04:43:22 (permalink)
Smooth_Miner
Is this US policy or applies to EU (and UK considering Brexit) as well? Thx

I have the same question
Sguard26
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/05/03 07:18:47 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielC
whoaboy

Unfortunately not, our B-Stock warranty is non transferable, if the card does have issues within a year you can set up the RMA for them however they cannot initiate the RMA process as they are not the original purchaser.

-Daniel C

This is good to know thanks
jakesaile
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/05/17 12:47:56 (permalink)
Very helpful, thank you!
sanchiz
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/06/05 09:00:07 (permalink)
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but generally here (EU) it is usual to pass-on the invoice to the buyer when selling on second-hand market, generally a better selling price can be obtained. These are usually invoices without any names (retail), so not sure how a distinction can be made between original owners or second-hand owners. Buying directly from EVGA or etailers is a different thing. Does this only apply to some type of EVGA extended warranty after registering the product?

Roxysims
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/06/07 09:01:11 (permalink)
I see there's a way to register a card bought off eBay. If it's a new unopened card do I get the same warranty as if I bought it at the store?
gaminggenius
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/06/14 13:09:18 (permalink)
Hey, what is EVGA for GPU warranty fulfillment right now with the whole GPU shortage and all? Are they making people re-queue for replacements or replacement parts and then giving them some kind of code to 'purchase' it for free through the warranty?
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/06/24 18:00:53 (permalink)
gaminggenius
Hey, what is EVGA for GPU warranty fulfillment right now with the whole GPU shortage and all? Are they making people re-queue for replacements or replacement parts and then giving them some kind of code to 'purchase' it for free through the warranty?

That's...not the way our warranty system works. 

In most cases, we have fully-tested recertified products available to replace cards in need of warranty replacement.  In a handful of cases where we do not have a specific part number available at the time of an RMA, some customers will unfortunately wait a short amount of time until we have that part number available to send to them.  However, this typically only occurs right around a product launch when there's limited availability in general, or down the road for limited availability products, such as HC or KPE cards.
Charmin_Ultra
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/07/03 18:05:16 (permalink)
I have read the FAQ and I mostly understand it as it applies to secondhand warranty.  After reading the comments and EVGA staff/mod responses, a few questions formed regarding a EVGA staff/mod comment about making a receipt to "memorialize the sale."  I just bought a new factory sealed EVGA product from the original owner on Craigslist with cash being the payment method.  I saw the ad on Craigslist, called the seller at the number provided in the ad.  We met in public, cash and EVGA product changed hands and we went our separate ways. I just registered the EVGA product and although I just bought it, the EVGA warranty shown in the My Products page is 51 days less than 3 years.  I presume your system is accounting for the time since it shipped to the first owner.

If I've read and understood the FAQ correctly, I need to go meet up with the seller again and make a receipt that memorializes the sale in order to satisfy the secondhand warranty requirements. I'm more than happy to do this, just wondering how much info about us and the transaction needs to be on the receipt. 
  • Does the hand written receipt between original owner and the second owner have to have both of their names? 
  • Just the buyer's info? 
  • "On July 2, 2021 (buyer's full name) purchased a RTX 3090 on Craigslist in a face-to-face cash & carry transaction", and that's it no other info needs to be in the receipt?  
Thank you in advance! 
post edited by Charmin_Ultra - 2021/07/03 18:08:42
buyerlmao12
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/07/03 23:17:05 (permalink)
thx
signious_ca
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/07/05 09:37:11 (permalink)
Charmin_Ultra
I have read the FAQ and I mostly understand it as it applies to secondhand warranty.  After reading the comments and EVGA staff/mod responses, a few questions formed regarding a EVGA staff/mod comment about making a receipt to "memorialize the sale."  I just bought a new factory sealed EVGA product from the original owner on Craigslist with cash being the payment method.  I saw the ad on Craigslist, called the seller at the number provided in the ad.  We met in public, cash and EVGA product changed hands and we went our separate ways. I just registered the EVGA product and although I just bought it, the EVGA warranty shown in the My Products page is 51 days less than 3 years.  I presume your system is accounting for the time since it shipped to the first owner.

If I've read and understood the FAQ correctly, I need to go meet up with the seller again and make a receipt that memorializes the sale in order to satisfy the secondhand warranty requirements. I'm more than happy to do this, just wondering how much info about us and the transaction needs to be on the receipt. 
  • Does the hand written receipt between original owner and the second owner have to have both of their names? 
  • Just the buyer's info? 
  • "On July 2, 2021 (buyer's full name) purchased a RTX 3090 on Craigslist in a face-to-face cash & carry transaction", and that's it no other info needs to be in the receipt?  
Thank you in advance! 

It doesn't matter - this is a second hand purchase so your warranty will be effective from the date it left the EVGA warehouse and you won't be eligible for cross-ship (As long as it is a -Kx serial) 
post edited by signious_ca - 2021/07/05 09:39:01
InnerDemon
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/07/22 17:49:17 (permalink)
i purchased an extended warranty and if i sell my card does the extended warranty go to the new owner?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile