EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
someguy435
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/11/13 10:35:16 (permalink)
What type of information would need to be included on a secondary sale receipt for a local cash transaction? 

Does there need to be an identifiable information from the original owner? Otherwise would the seller even need to provide one? Couldn't the buyer just write up their own receipt? 
post edited by someguy435 - 2021/11/13 10:36:17
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2021/11/13 11:48:14 (permalink)
Just keep it simple, I would include the date of the transaction, model number, and the serial number.  The amount paid is irrelevant.  It is just showing that the buyer is the present owner of the card.

The buyer registers the card in their name, uploads the invoice, and then the second-hand limited warranty is in effect for them.

Papageno
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/01/06 13:58:21 (permalink)
Well, I've uploaded my Paypal receipt for the payment and the seller's name is on there for my 3060Ti, which he bought from EVGA directly, so I hope that's enough, even though the card itself is mentioned nowhere on the Paypal receipt.
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/01/06 14:01:58 (permalink)
Papageno
Well, I've uploaded my Paypal receipt for the payment and the seller's name is on there for my 3060Ti, which he bought from EVGA directly, so I hope that's enough, even though the card itself is mentioned nowhere on the Paypal receipt.

You're good.  This is sufficient.
Synapt
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/01/10 16:15:03 (permalink)
So I gave a glance through of the forums here and overwhelmingly see comments about extended warranty not being a thing for second hand re-registrations, but I didn't find a solid answer to this question;

If I sell my current GPU and I had bought an extended warranty on it, does that extended warranty then transfer to the new second hand owner?  Do I get a pro-rated refund?  Can I transfer it to my new card?  Or is the few bucks spent on the extended warranty just sorta gone :P

Just wanted to be certain before I try and sell it and what I put in the details of the card for warranty (I think it technically still has some native warranty time left on it even if the extended is removed, but I'm not sure).
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/01/10 16:19:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2022/07/16 13:21:47
The extended warranty cannot transfer to a second owner.  The only means of securing the use of it is if you're willing to help out the secondhand owner with handling their RMA replacements for the duration of the warranty.

Likewise, you cannot transfer the warranty to a second card, unless you are doing a Step-Up, in which the promotion permits the warranty to transfer.

If you need to check the warranty status of the card from a third-party's perspective, put the serial number in here:  https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp
graysenwright
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/08 09:31:15 (permalink)
Hi all,

Please could someone tell me about product support in the UK?  I've read that EVGA has excellent support but seems there is only an EU site.. is there still decent / responsive support in the UK?

Thanks in advance!
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/08 09:35:13 (permalink)
graysenwright
Hi all,

Please could someone tell me about product support in the UK?  I've read that EVGA has excellent support but seems there is only an EU site.. is there still decent / responsive support in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

UK falls under our EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) warranty.  EU, as in https://eu.evga.com, just refers to Europe, and not countries in the EU.
mwags
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/09 07:21:56 (permalink)
Can someone explain the difference between the second hand warranty and the original warranty on a 3070ti ending in -KL (originally purchased Jan 2021). In the original warranty disclaimer it says that  unauthorized reseller purchases are not covered, but further down under second hand limited warranty, it says they are (with proof of purchase, etc). The only difference I see is that the second hand warranty starts on the date the GPU shipped from EVGA and the original starts from date of purchase. Basically sounds like the same thing, +/- a few days. Am I interpreting this wrong? Thanks in advance for any clarification one could provide.
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/09 09:24:56 (permalink)
mwags
Can someone explain the difference between the second hand warranty and the original warranty on a 3070ti ending in -KL (originally purchased Jan 2021). In the original warranty disclaimer it says that  unauthorized reseller purchases are not covered, but further down under second hand limited warranty, it says they are (with proof of purchase, etc). The only difference I see is that the second hand warranty starts on the date the GPU shipped from EVGA and the original starts from date of purchase. Basically sounds like the same thing, +/- a few days. Am I interpreting this wrong? Thanks in advance for any clarification one could provide.

-KL and -KR have the same warranty terms.  Your interpretation is correct, regarding the beginning of the warranty period for original purchasers and secondhand owners.  If the product was purchased directly from EVGA, there usually won't be any difference in the warranty start date.  The bigger difference is usually if the product was originally purchased from one of our authorized reseller and then later sold to a secondhand owner; in that case the difference in warranty period could be anywhere from a week or two to several months to a year, depending on how long it took the authorized reseller to sell the product.

However, there are a few other differences, such as that secondhand owners are not eligible for extended warranty or Step-Up.
Peacemillian
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/14 15:48:56 (permalink)
Quick theoretical question if you guys don't mind, I'm in the UK looking to buy a 3060ti from Amazon, however the seller is listed as "Amazon EU". On investigation this pops up: 

Amazon Global Store
  • have are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
  • Manufacturer warranty will not apply. Please review Amazon’s return policy, which usually offers free returns within 30 days of receipt.
  • Depending on your delivery address, VAT may vary at Checkout.
  •  about Amazon Global Store

Does this, as it says mean that if I bought this card, I wouldn't get a warranty from EVGA, therefore wouldn't be able to access the step up program?

Thanks very much for any answers :)
post edited by Peacemillian - 2022/02/14 15:50:01
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/14 15:51:04 (permalink)
Most likely this card would be eligible for a secondhand warranty, but that would prevent it from being eligible for a Step-Up.  Got a link to the page of the product (you might need to break it up, since you are under 10 posts) or a part number?
Peacemillian
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/14 16:18:22 (permalink)
 .co.uk/gp/product/B098P411LX is the card in question
post edited by Peacemillian - 2022/02/14 16:19:33
EVGA_Lee
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/14 17:53:00 (permalink)
Hmm, I don't know that all the information for this one is available due to my address in the US.  But yeah, normally we want to see sold by Amazon and shipped by Amazon.  Anything else usually is going to be a third-party reselling the product.
Peacemillian
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/02/14 18:27:10 (permalink)
Well it is sold and shipped by Amazon, its just Amazon EU and not Amazon UK, and even though Amazon EU do sell items on Amazon UK, I don't know if it would still apply :(
m.roszkowski88
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/05/07 10:07:14 (permalink)
Hi, I have a question about proof of purchase when buying from private person, payment in cash. Does it have to be written in English?
Regards.
riders321
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/05/08 03:02:39 (permalink)
Hi, im kinda confuse here.
  • Secondhand Owners - Secondhand owners of a product shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018 must provide a proof of purchase of the sale from the previous owner to you, the current owner.
  • Secondhand owners
    • Secondhand owners are required to provide a proof of purchase if the product was shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018.  If the product shipped from EVGA prior to May 25th, 2018, no proof of purchase is required.
    • Secondhand owners should not provide the original owner's proof of purchase from an authorized reseller, or the proof of purchase between previous owners of the card.
So as a secondhand owner what proof of purchase i need to provide? proof between me and the unauthorised reseller? or authorized reseller with unauthorised reseller?

davevt31
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1130
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/05/08 05:30:22 (permalink)
Proof between yourself and the person you purchase the card from, just a hand written sheet of paper is good enough for proof of purchase.

HDClown
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/07/16 05:23:10 (permalink)
How does transferrable warranty apply in this situation:
  1. Original owner purchases card, unknown if the card was ever registered
  2. Second owner purchases card from original owner, does not register the card, has no "bill of sale" documentation for this purchase
  3. Third owner (me in this example) purchases card from second owner and has "bill of sale" documentation
Would the transferrable warranty apply for the third owner? 

Note: I did serial # lookup and it shows in warranty with ~23 months remaining
post edited by HDClown - 2022/07/16 05:24:13
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/07/16 11:40:52 (permalink)
HDClown

I imagine that number is incorrect and is making some assumptions about ownership history.

You should contact EVGA to get your question answered in a timely manner.
https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/07/16 13:24:42 (permalink)
ty_ger07
HDClown

I imagine that number is incorrect and is making some assumptions about ownership history.

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

If they used this link then serial number days warranty is accurate   https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp

"Enter a valid serial number to check the warranty status of the product"

(as stated - Because)   This tool checks the warranty status based on the ship date from EVGA*

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

MrGuru
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/12/18 06:00:30 (permalink)
Cool GTX
ty_ger07
HDClown

If they used this link then serial number days warranty is accurate  

(as stated - Because)   This tool checks the warranty status based on the ship date from EVGA*

And even if a card is successfully RMA'd, the warranty doesn't start over, even if it's a new card?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/12/18 06:05:38 (permalink)
MrGuru
Cool GTX
ty_ger07
HDClown

If they used this link then serial number days warranty is accurate  

And even if a card is successfully RMA'd, the warranty doesn't start over, even if it's a new card?

No. The warranty continues from the original purchase date. If companies restarted warranties just because a warranty had taken place close to the end, it would allow folks to just warranty to get a new warranty above anything else, so almost all companies keep the warranty from the original purchase date, not the RMA replacement date.
MrGuru
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2022/12/18 07:05:43 (permalink)
Gotcha - thanks!
HUNRain
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/03/04 07:11:24 (permalink)
Hi i have a question, it's not entirely clear to me.

I bought an RTX 3080 from Alza.cz with 2 year warranty in 2021. Im registered the product at EVGA, and bought extrended 3 year warranty for the product. Now its marked as "5 years limited warranty". If im selling the product to another person, he can register and he has this 5 years warranty time and he can RMA if anything happens? Or only i can use RMA at EVGA website? 
Thanks!
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/03/04 07:13:44 (permalink)
HUNRain

I bought an RTX 3080 from Alza.cz with 2 year warranty in 2021. Im registered the product at EVGA, and bought extrended 3 year warranty for the product. Now its marked as "5 years limited warranty". If im selling the product to another person, he can register and he has this 5 years warranty time and he can RMA if anything happens? Or only i can use RMA at EVGA website? 
Thanks!

If you sell the product, the warranty reverts to the original 3 years only. The extended warranty you purchased will not transfer.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/03/04 07:26:26 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
HUNRain

Thanks!

If you sell the product, the warranty reverts to the original 3 years only. The extended warranty you purchased will not transfer.

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

(excerpt)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* A second-hand purchaser is defined as someone who purchases an EVGA product from an unauthorized reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this Transferable Limited Warranty, provided that the original Product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011 and has a qualifying Transferable Limited Warranty suffix. Warranty replacements retain the limited warranty characteristics of the original Product, which will be used to determine the original purchase date and/or ship date.
The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the Product's original date of shipment from an EVGA online store, EVGA's official eBay store, or EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store:
  • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KH, -KL, -KM
  • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BH, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -R2, -RB, -RL

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

critofur
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/03/18 16:48:37 (permalink)
I keep reading people stating: "EVGA's warranty is not transferable", and even have seen that or similar statements in various places on EVGA's website - I'm confused why there is this conflicting language when I have been purchasing EVGA products for all these years [in part] specifically because the warranty IS transferable.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/03/20 05:01:35 (permalink)
critofur
I keep reading people stating: "EVGA's warranty is not transferable", and even have seen that or similar statements in various places on EVGA's website - I'm confused why there is this conflicting language when I have been purchasing EVGA products for all these years [in part] specifically because the warranty IS transferable.

The extended warranties don't transfer, some formerly available perks don't transfer, the date that the warranty started from doesn't even transfer in some cases, and the warranty terms have changed over the years where some warranties used to not transfer and then effective after a certain date, new products started having warranties which started to be able to transfer. That may be why you have read what you read. It gets confusing and it depends on the situation and context of the discussion.
You just need to read the warranty terms posted on this website. Choose the warranty terms applicable for the date range the product was manufactured in, in the area of the globe you are purchasing, and then see what it says about the product suffix you intend to buy, related to the type of retailer/person selling it to you.
To summarize, the original warranty terms do not transfer. When the original buyer sells it, the original warranty terms end. Then new warranty terms may transfer to the new second-hand buyer. Those new warranty terms are similar but can be significantly different. If they transfer, they are technically new and different warranty terms.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2023/03/20 11:49:59

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Ayman7
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ 2023/05/21 12:28:18 (permalink)
I'm going to buy a secondhand GPU from a friend, on the EVGA website I don't see any option for "secondhand" in the purchase place menu, Where to find it? and if I ever needed to use the warranty remaining, will I need a proof of purchase ?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile