EVGA

Official Message from EVGA Management

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 12
Author
bloot
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 01:24:43 (permalink)
gsrcrxsi
bloot
So you are best informed based on what you read elsewhere, not on your own experience? I've got a 6800XT since launch and have had no big problems with it. Anyway, if you don't like AMD gpus nor drivers you don't have to buy one in case EVGA switches to Radeon (which is pretty likely to happen).

I've had various nvidia and AMD cards for many many years. i do all of the things i mentioned in my post and have tried both AMD and nvidia solutions for both. AMD can't compete in ML/AI or media transcoding, CUDA and NVENC are farrrr superior to anything AMD has. nvidia hands down makes the superior product with the most stable drivers. can't say the same with AMD. their driver support is trash, and it was me who blew the whistle on them not being able to compute FFT correctly causing all kinds of incorrect calculations on certain scientific research. or the fact that they claim to support openCL 2.0 on their hardware, yet the drivers mostly dont support it, and linux support on AMD is a mess for real compute, but most people are none the wiser because they only play fortnite on Windows. so because you had "no big problems" (so you had small problems?) on your gaming rig and a sample size of 1, means no one ever had issues? ok. go read the complaints. the drivers in general are far worse on AMD.

I still have an RX570, that i use for troubleshooting and testing application performance on AMD. but that's about it. i dabbled with some Navi10 cards, but was unimpressed. the only card that's worth anything is the RVII for the FP64 performance, but again most people only focus on games FPS so a metric like that goes largely unnoticed. but half of those have died by now. they had a short run and lots of them even had issues. and they are still plagued by driver issues. getting it to work on modern  linux OSs can be non-trivial

Yeah, minor problems can happen as it can happen elsewhere as I said that before... no big problems means everything works fine without major issues, maybe a driver version introduces a minor bug that goes away a driver or two after. You can search for "nvdia drivers problem" on google and, surprise, you'll find tons of threads talking about it too. It's well known everybody on internet talk more about problems than about something working fine.

I've had Nvidia cards too and I've also experienced driver problems, crashes, gsync not working properly, blank screens on youtube fullscreen etc... You can search the internet and you'll find many problems, yet it does not mean it happens to everybody (many problems come from other sources and is not the card/drivers fault, same on AMD).

Maybe for you Nvidia has the superior product, but not everybody uses the products the same way, if you just want to play some games, 6000 series Radeon cards are pretty solid, in my exprerience. And yes, Linux for you may not be that important, yet for other people might be (me for example).
BlackAura
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 01:31:36 (permalink)
Wow just watching the Gamers Nexus video.

To all EVGA current and former Employees, I appreciate everything you've done for the industry.  Thank you for all the amazing gaming memories.

From my first registered product, a 7800GTX I purchased in 2005, through to the 2080Ti "XC Black Edition Gaming" I'm still using today, I've appreciated the quality product offered and the support I knew would be there if I ever needed it.

To the end of an era, cheers: 🍺
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 01:54:37 (permalink)
SunnyBeach
Sad news but you know there is a story behind this. Hope we learn it one day.  Nvidia obviously is a fault somewhere here. 

It’s a pretty simple story. Jay posted a video a while ago where he said he was watching the live stream for the 30 series launch with one of the people at EVGA who had no idea what the price was going to be for the 3080 until it was announced on stage. That video was posted a while ago.

The other big thing is the Founders Edition cards sell at MSRP. The problem is board partners have to spend more research cooling solutions and find stable overclocks to get people willing to buy an EVGA product over the Founders Edition. On top of that NVIDIA controls the maximum price the cards can cost which makes it hard fo make a quality product that is profitably especially when NVIDIA suddenly slashed prices on the Founders Edition.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rusTORK
  • Total Posts : 87
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 03:06:43 (permalink)
This is very sad news.

What to buy now? I can think only about original GALAX...

But no one make GPUs with termistors.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 03:13:02 (permalink)
squall-leonhart
Spoiler

the_Scarlet_one
I’m curious what folks think should happen that keep saying “but they cut 75-80% of their revenue” after EVGA stated they have been selling GPU’s at a loss for months. Just keep bleeding money for a few more months, while NVidia purposely undercuts the AIB’s? NVidia will undercut the AIB’s with the 40 series as well, and it will likely be even worse with the 40 series.

Revenue does not equal profit. Constant loss is unsustainable even if it is revenue.

You're being mindshared to the max here,

FE boards are low volume products and the 3090 models were often still on shelves in Bestbuys because nobody actually wanted them.

EVGA is responsible for its losses on its products through poor aesthetic choices which increased production costs.

Neutro
There are so many people here and all over the internet that are expressing right now their sadness to see EVGA

Fanboys need a king, EVGA was that king.

Doesn't make their products any better then a competitors,

You overestimate your group,

EVGA reached too hard with products that don't have mass appeal.

Cry over it.
close

You seem incredibly salty and angry. It’s interesting that you know far more about the inner workings of evga than evga knows. Keep being you, maybe you can take over someday and make your own vga company and prove evga wrong?
N3tRunn3r
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 03:50:05 (permalink)
Dear EVGA,

as a loyal long-term customer of your various and excellent EVGA products and support for decades (PSU's, GPU's, Motherboards, RAM)  ~ and if you re-consider to create GPU's again, maybe with the 5xxx series ~ please, in the name of the Computer God, don't partner with AMD. Would be glad to see, if you would partner with Intel instead.

And now that EVGA GPU's will be gone and history in near future, I have so to focus on high-end Laptops instead and also have to leave PC's behind, sadly, too. A PC without an EVGA GPU is nearly useless, at least to me. I cannot even think and/or want to think about to implement an other GPU brand into a PC.

I wish to you and to your team, dear EVGA, best of luck and success for your near future.

EVGA_JacobF
Hi all,
You may have heard some news regarding the next generation products from EVGA. Please see below for a message on future products and support:

• EVGA will not carry the next generation graphics cards.
  • EVGA will continue to support the existing current generation products.
  • EVGA will continue to provide the current generation products.
EVGA is committed to our customers and will continue to offer sales and support on the current lineup. Also, EVGA would like to say thank you to our great community for the many years of support and enthusiasm for EVGA graphics cards.

EVGA Management

post edited by N3tRunn3r - 2022/09/17 04:12:23

BEST REGARDS
N3
redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 04:14:04 (permalink)
Well. Crypto killed Evga . First of many to come.

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 05:08:17 (permalink)
unlucky
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30999
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 05:22:57 (permalink)
squall-leonhart
Bruno747
Wonder if this is related to the crazy failure rates of the FTW3 early on even though that was a custom board with soldering issues IE not Nvidia's fault. Or maybe somehow its fallout to the chinese nvidia export laws that recently came to be.

Also wonder if they will be doing AMD cards now.

There wasn't soldering issues,

EVGA lied, there was an intentional component change between Rev 0 and 01 that introduced volatile current variation, the result would have been obvious if they had performed due diligence and projected for it in engineering.

due diligence ?  OK, I understand the point you're trying to make - but I think you're missed two big Details discussed in those Videos .....

How does a company do due diligence when the drivers are not made available Before the Launch ?

1) Nvidia withheld the Drivers from AIB, before launch --> the fact that "press drivers" went to reviewers First Before the AIB partners is outlandish behavior from Nvidia.

2) Designs are/ were - Reviewed & had to be "Approved by Nvidia" & Nvidia stopped AIBs from "large changes in design"

Then there is the fact that Nvidia should end up in court for their noncompetitive - price controls - just saying the EU & US gov should address this

Do I want performance to the MAX & willing to skip the Bling ... in a heart beat

Yes the news is shocking "No new GPU from EVGA

I found out about this News, the same way as everyone else - once EVGA Jacob posted & then watched those 2 Videos

After watching those videos, the Divorcy between EVGA & Nvidia was apparently a long time coming ... one sided relationships seldom end well

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

whitrzac
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:01:19 (permalink)
Sounds like nvidia is playing hardball again like they did back in the 2xx generation that killed BFG.

Hopefully EVGA uses remaining supply for some special OCFU edition cards
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:04:06 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I’m curious what folks think should happen that keep saying “but they cut 75-80% of their revenue” after EVGA stated they have been selling GPU’s at a loss for months. Just keep bleeding money for a few more months, while NVidia purposely undercuts the AIB’s? NVidia will undercut the AIB’s with the 40 series as well, and it will likely be even worse with the 40 series.

Revenue does not equal profit. Constant loss is unsustainable even if it is revenue.

1. I don't know where you got the information that EVGA is losing money on each GPU sale. Perhaps from the various posted videos. I haven't had the time to watch any of the videos, but I will make time today to watch some.
2. I base my information on this article (https://videocardz.com/newz/evga-ceases-video-card-production-no-more-evga-geforce-gpus ), which I quote, "The company said to Gamers Nexus ‘it’s about respect’.  It was a principal decision to break ties with NVIDIA, not a financial one." Now, at a personal level, perhaps you stop being friends with someone that disrespected you. But in the business world, where you have responsibility for the company and all your employees? No, that is not how you conduct business as a professional.
3. I do not believe EVGA is losing money on each GPU sale. At one point, 3090 was selling for near $2k. If they were losing money because of their version .1 PCB disaster, that is on EVGA.
4. Whatever restrictions that NVIDIA placed on the AIB partners, ASUS/MSI etc made do with it. I have an ASUS 3090 Strix (lucky with Newegg Shuffle) early on and it had been running fine throughout this time. Reviews had said the Strix is either better or matched FTW in quality. 
5. If you believe EVGA will survive just by making peripheral and PSUs, that is a possibility, but it would be incredibly hard. Two reasons, (A) EVGA's name recognition is their GPUs. Without the GPUs, newcomers have many selections to choose from, such as Corsair/Razer (they spent a ton of money on marketing and are well known to many people), and I don't think EVGA can match them in terms of product selections and quality. (B) If you go to Target to pick up some toilet papers or milk, you may pick up some fruits as well. Without their GPUs, will people make a concerted effort to pick up an EVGA keyboard if they are buying a PSU? I had an EVGA Z20 that I RMA with a stuck key. I have been using Corsair K95 since, and I have not had a problem. Chances are, people are going to buy Corsair/Seasonic PSUs and Corsair/Razer/Logitech keyboards.
6. All I can see from EVGA is a lot of excuses and mismanagement. From what I have observed over the years, since 2008 and on, EVGA has been on a decline. 

savaticus
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:16:43 (permalink)
Sad day.
Frammish
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 236
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:24:39 (permalink)
I understand EVGA’s decision. Jensen has always seemed a bit oblivious to how their policies put AIBs in a corner and they always reserve first sales for Nvidia. It’s anti-competitive. Very sad to see EVGA out, though. IMO the best video cards period and EVGA had a 4090 sale just waiting to click a BUY button.

Somehow I wonder (doubt) if Nvidia will change until Jensen gets replaced. With the crash in crypto and the chip shortages through the 3000s, and now the foundry commitments Nvidia keeps trying to back out of, maybe Nvidia can replace him sooner rather than later and right this ship.

This never should have happened. Jensen needs to be replaced.
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:26:23 (permalink)
LFaWolf
What I don't get is this - a quote from the article, "The company said to Gamers Nexus ‘it’s about respect’.  It was a principal decision to break ties with NVIDIA, not a financial one." So someone from EVGA is willing to go out of business because he or she felt "disrespected" by NVIDIA? Really?

If this true, decision maker should be charged and prosecuted for destroying EVGA.
Incompetent people on the wrong position means destruction.
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 06:29:33 (permalink)
I feel like this would mean the end for most of the engineers they have. They actually designed their own boards and cooling for the GPUs. Power supplies are rebrands from other manufacturers. I know those manufacturers customize things for EVGA, but I'm just saying that it isn't done in a factory that EVGA owns and they're not doing the circuit design. I'm pretty sure they keyboards and accessories are the same story, but not positive. So does this mean they'd completely close down any factory they have?

The revenue reduction is a big deal on its own, as it dictates how big of a team you can have, but pulling the primary product line you design and manufacture...it isn't easy to just find other things for all those people to do. I feel bad for all those people. I understand why they would do it this way, but I feel really bad for all of them that heard this news today the same way we did.

While I've had about quite a few EVGA GPUs, motherboards, and power supplies in my builds over the years, I know I'll be ok figuring out a new supplier so I'm trying not to have a really selfish response to this news. I will certainly miss these forums and the people if the business goes down. I just hope all the people who work for EVGA are ok in the long run. I believe it's possible that they have no GPU plans going forward, but I'm hoping Intel and AMD saw this news yesterday and got on the phone with a super deal to try and sway EVGA's ceo into a new venture there. No idea if either of them have enough supply to even try to add another major aib though. I just think it could help EVGA keep the designs going and products shipping.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 07:30:40 (permalink)
austin86
anyone find it off that Jacob’s avatar gone?

Seems like a packing suitcase for departure might began?
On the other thought, do "brilliant" EVGA CEO have a golden parachute paragraph in his contract?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 08:00:52 (permalink)
LFaWolf
the_Scarlet_one

1. I don't know where you got the information that EVGA is losing money on each GPU sale. Perhaps from the various posted videos. I haven't had the time to watch any of the videos, but I will make time today to watch some.
2. I base my information on this article (https://videocardz.com/newz/evga-ceases-video-card-production-no-more-evga-geforce-gpus ), which I quote, "The company said to Gamers Nexus ‘it’s about respect’.  It was a principal decision to break ties with NVIDIA, not a financial one." Now, at a personal level, perhaps you stop being friends with someone that disrespected you. But in the business world, where you have responsibility for the company and all your employees? No, that is not how you conduct business as a professional.
3. I do not believe EVGA is losing money on each GPU sale. At one point, 3090 was selling for near $2k. If they were losing money because of their version .1 PCB disaster, that is on EVGA.
4. Whatever restrictions that NVIDIA placed on the AIB partners, ASUS/MSI etc made do with it. I have an ASUS 3090 Strix (lucky with Newegg Shuffle) early on and it had been running fine throughout this time. Reviews had said the Strix is either better or matched FTW in quality. 
5. If you believe EVGA will survive just by making peripheral and PSUs, that is a possibility, but it would be incredibly hard. Two reasons, (A) EVGA's name recognition is their GPUs. Without the GPUs, newcomers have many selections to choose from, such as Corsair/Razer (they spent a ton of money on marketing and are well known to many people), and I don't think EVGA can match them in terms of product selections and quality. (B) If you go to Target to pick up some toilet papers or milk, you may pick up some fruits as well. Without their GPUs, will people make a concerted effort to pick up an EVGA keyboard if they are buying a PSU? I had an EVGA Z20 that I RMA with a stuck key. I have been using Corsair K95 since, and I have not had a problem. Chances are, people are going to buy Corsair/Seasonic PSUs and Corsair/Razer/Logitech keyboards.
6. All I can see from EVGA is a lot of excuses and mismanagement. From what I have observed over the years, since 2008 and on, EVGA has been on a decline. 

Start by watching the videos from J2C and GN. GN asked directly if they were losing money on the sales of 30 series and EVGA wouldn’t give exact numbers, but said yes.

VideoCardz is a clickbait website and never covers the details, they only scalp minor amounts of details that can cause more people to visit. They are doing the same here and did not cover every single word of a 30 minute video.
z3r0t0l0rence
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9599
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 09:19:49 (permalink)
This just made me go full team red. My current (old) pc is all EVGA. Mobo, gpu, psu, kb, mouse and AIO. Won't stop me from buying EVGA products but sure changes which mfg I'll support.

i7 930 OC 4.21 
EVGA E758 
GSkill 12GB
Evga GTX 780 SC
2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
2x Seagate 4TB

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 09:43:43 (permalink)
S2000Gan
rjohnson11
I hope EVGA will consider AMD as a GPU partner. 

Or even Intel but from everything I've heard today sounds like EVGA is completely getting out of the VGA business. :(

I hope it is fake news and they are going to develop their own gpu's

PhoenixSpyder
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 09:55:19 (permalink)
Wow...saw this news yesterday as I was eating lunch. This really sucks!! 4090ti was my next preferance...as 3090 FTW3 Ultra is perfectly fine until then...but... Nvidia must have really screwed EVGA over (more than we know) for this to happen. I'm thinking, now EVGA should go full into MB creation (with engineers) to offset the loss... Imagine, top end MB's (not just 2 but the whole line) with top customer support...that would chip away at ASUS. Hope all works out.
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 10:12:25 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
LFaWolf
the_Scarlet_one

Start by watching the videos from J2C and GN. GN asked directly if they were losing money on the sales of 30 series and EVGA wouldn’t give exact numbers, but said yes.

VideoCardz is a clickbait website and never covers the details, they only scalp minor amounts of details that can cause more people to visit. They are doing the same here and did not cover every single word of a 30 minute video.

I just watched GN video and I suggest that you re-watch it. At around the 7:45 mark in the video is exactly what videocardz reported. VideoCardz reported what was in the video and there is no clickbait. I think you got Videocardz and wcctech confused.

My takeaway from the video
1. Evga never mentioned they are losing money with each gpu sale. That was from GN speculation
2. GN speculated evga over ordered and has too much GPUs in inventory
3. Evga CEO is stressed out because this was what happened in the previous gen as well. He doesn’t want to go through that again.
4. The CEO is in his 60s. Not ready to retire but wants to spend more time with family.
5. Evga is not expanding its product line.
6. Profit margin for gpu is < 5%, but still profitable
7. Evga made a lot of money in the last 2 years and has good $$ reserves, so it won’t go under right away.
8. Other AIB partners are willing to work with nvidia and play by nvidia rules, because it is a profitable business for everyone
9. Evga felt disrespected by nvidia, and don’t want to play by nvidia rules anymore.

My conclusion, Evga is going to slowly fade away and becomes irrelevant, because that is what the ceo is going to do. He is already in retirement mode, and not in the right mindset to continue running this company.

Game over for evga if this is their path.

actualrootwyrm
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 10:12:57 (permalink)
I can say I'm stunned that EVGA pulled the plug, but I can't say that I'm surprised somebody big has finally pulled the plug on NV. I've seen the way they treat their partners firsthand and I've heard it from numerous sources.
I already knew that EVGA was losing money on 30-series when the prices got slashed - every AIBP is losing money. Anyone claiming otherwise is 100% lying. Period. All of those cards were designed and built to the original MSRP cost. NV is not charging them any less for the silicon. When they got a forced 20-50% cut on the retail price, who do you think is paying for that? Yeah. It's companies like EVGA. Video card margins have only been shrinking every year - especially with NV - and have been razor thin since the 10-series for both manufacturers and retailers.
Fact: on 3090Ti's at peak prices and peak demand, Microcenter made less than $20 on a 3090Ti at a $2999.99 sale price. I got that direct from folks with firsthand knowledge. 3080's they averaged less than $5. Which is just not enough to cover the costs and lost sales from the lines of people blocking up aisles and parking lots. 
Add to this that NV's idiotic crypto bets have resulted in missing targets and losing billions of dollars. And their solution to making a bad bet on a ponzi scheme that has shareholders furious and the SEC eyeing them again? Turn the screws on "partners" and squeeze their margins to cover revenue misses in the billions of dollars.

The difference is companies like Asus, MSI, etcetera are also shipping thousands upon thousands of high margin items like motherboards, cases, and ODM parts to companies like HP, Dell, and so on which allows them to absorb those losses. EVGA doesn't ship thousands of motherboards, laptops, monitors, and other products with $25+ in margin each a month.
Even if we assume the Z15 (which is an excellent keyboard, period,) is giving them enough margins after warranty and support costs that they make $10 at the $35 price (trust me, they don't,) do you really think EVGA is moving enough keyboards, mice, and power supplies to cover losing $700+ on a 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid? They don't. Just because the GPU is cheaper doesn't mean the copper, aluminum, and other components are cheaper. They aren't - they're more expensive now than ever. And it's not like they can amortize the engineering or tooling costs. Amortizing the costs, they'd have to sell the same part for several years. Instead they have to completely start over every year. 
So you're not a "partner," you don't have a say in things. All you get is instructions to churn out video cards to NV's specifications at prices NV sets which you don't even find out until the public launch.
So you could spend 9 months engineering the most bonkers 4090 for overclocking ever created with a $2000 BOM before the silicon costs, and then Leather Jacket gets up on stage and says the 4090 is $1500 and tells you they won't allow any prices above $1799.99 or any overclocking. Meaning you now have a mad dash to somehow re-engineer things to take out hundreds of dollars or you've just wasted 9 months of salaries and prototyping. And on top of it, you'll be forced to sit and cower as NV executives literally scream at you and insult you backstage five minutes after they were calling you the best partner ever in front of the cameras.

I'm with Andrew on this one, 110%. The relationship between the silicon manufacturers and "partners" isn't just unsustainable, it's beyond toxic, and actively harmful. AMD might not drag you into a back room at a presser and scream in your face, but if you didn't price your reference card at $999.99 regardless of actual costs, you were out for good.
So yes. I'm glad to see EVGA telling NV to take their abuse and shove it. Maybe it'll force NV to change, but I doubt it - they'll probably double down on abusing other partners to make up the lost volume first. And it's a lot - EVGA was the largest by volume in North America. And the other manufacturers can't just run the GPU lines faster regardless of silicon supply.

It's a huge loss for NV in volume and PR. And this is entirely on Jensen Huang and his abusive treatment of NV's most valuable partner. I very sincerely hope Andrew is able to share more details, because I'm sure things were far worse than we've heard. NV should be dragged through the mud non-stop until they're forced to apologize to EVGA and change their contracts as well as their behavior toward "partners."
But it's a huge gain for EVGA potentially, allowing them to build a more sustainable company. You can't stay in business when your "partner" is forcing you to hemorrhage cash. I know Andrew has said they aren't interested in branching out right now, but he also said they weren't interested in making peripherals in the distant past. I think this could lead to a happier and healthier EVGA long term, one that's able to invest more money into product development and quality.
Who knows! Next year this time, we could be talking about the amazing new EVGA E5 titanium and tempered glass chassis, or the EVGA G4X liquid cooling solution for 40-series founder's cards, or the EVGA Z35 all-aluminum gaming keyboard with VIA support, or something we haven't even imagined. Hell, maybe AMD will come to them with a real partnership offer instead of another abusive relationship.

It's going to be challenging, but I don't believe EVGA is going anywhere. And I'm genuinely excited to see what EVGA comes up with next.

"Yes, I can and have overclocked that."
I have a watercooled 6900XTXH. Does more need said?
Made your day? Fixed your problem? My associate code is 54G8OSEPHJY5C5D
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 10:29:14 (permalink)
actualrootwyrm
~snip~
It's going to be challenging, but I don't believe EVGA is going anywhere. And I'm genuinely excited to see what EVGA comes up with next.

Thanks for the enthusiasm...

SH4LT1S
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 11:36:18 (permalink)
Sad you dont go AMD... Would buy gpus then...
moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Ribbons : 33
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 11:49:50 (permalink)
Yeah i wish they'd do AMD GPU's, this news is upsetting regardless as I love EVGA GPU's, been buying them forever now, I don't know who I'll go with now, but man the red GPU drivers have always been more solid for me overall anyways.
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 12:51:11 (permalink)
Is EVGA that Made Nvidia GPU for me to want to buy. This stinks but I am still EVGA fan anyways something will give eventually EVGA is fighter not a quitter. 

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 13:11:11 (permalink)
moose517
Yeah i wish they'd do AMD GPU's, this news is upsetting regardless as I love EVGA GPU's, been buying them forever now, I don't know who I'll go with now, but man the red GPU drivers have always been more solid for me overall anyways.

Until your gpu becomes eol, then you get plagued with the underclocking/undervolting fun in driver updates with your display turning off… Especially since the programmer who makes the Radeon Pro tool to prevent it has not updated it since the fury cards. Or you need to get riva tuner and prevent it from there. Both my old AMD cards are painful to use at this point.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
kingofsorrow
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1904
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 13:15:35 (permalink)
The end of an era. Sad.

i7 990x@ 4.41Ghz 1.375v | Evga Classified E762 | 12Gb CM12GX3M3A2000C9 | GeForce Titan X SLi | HAF-X | ST1500

cesarx
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1723
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 14:30:04 (permalink)
will Evga partner with Amd in the near future?  

Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite........MSI Z690 Edge
12700k.......................................12700kf
Red Devil 6950XT...........EVGA RTX2080 Super
EVGA P2 850W.................EVGA GD 700W 
Rip Jaws 32GB 3600..........FlareX 16GB 3200 
Sceptre P35..........................Sceptre P30
kingofsorrow
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1904
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/17 15:54:17 (permalink)
cesarx
will Evga partner with Amd in the near future?  

The main guy said that they would not. They abandon the GPU business altogether. 

i7 990x@ 4.41Ghz 1.375v | Evga Classified E762 | 12Gb CM12GX3M3A2000C9 | GeForce Titan X SLi | HAF-X | ST1500

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 12
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile