EVGA

Helpful ReplyK|NGP|N Hybrid and Hydro Copper - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation Lists

Page: << < ..146147148149150.. > >> Showing page 150 of 301
Author
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 10:26:20 (permalink)
At spot 50, you are getting closer.  I think when we look at the historical releases we get our hopes up too much.  I was looking at it too as I asked Enewt to add the information back to include those who got cards and when so we could atleast see when and how many cards were released.  I think people were looking to much at the time gaps between the reports and saw it was usually about 3 weeks.  But the initial release was the week before with straggler drops that continued into the following week. I think they try to release cards every 4 weeks or so, but historical data is limited on this card since it was released late so the information could be skewed as well.  In addition, with the hydro copper card still being developed, the question will be how does that impact the release numbers of the hybrid kits?  I can't see EVGA using a different PCB for both the hybrid and hydro copper version so it may impact the release numbers for both unless EVGA directs more stock to these skus.  

We don't know for sure how many cards were released as EVGA doesn't share that info and the queue is voluntary for those who wish to share.  For all we know they might have released a couple hundred cards, but only 30-40 people self reported.  While we are getting near the half life of the current cards, it's still worth while imo to wait in line since any release of new hardware will force another wait and see approach again.  If you have been in the queue all this time already, atleast you are moving up the list so the time is not entirely wasted.  I go on the new egg shuffle just about every time they have one, and all I keep getting is no.  I watch for emails that never come letting me know that I was selected.  So in our case, atleast we are making progress to the end goal though not as fast as many would want.  

It's hard to say what the 40 series is going to hold or how much that is going to cost.  But I do feel that with the 3090 series of cards it should provide enough headroom for most users to allow continued use into the next generation of games/cards unless you game at 4k or your work requires the highest performing graphics cards.  With everything going on it is hard to guess where the market is going.  But as a gamer who intends to stay at 1440p, I think the 3090 should be good for more than a couple of years with the specs and power it already delivers which is why I'm still standing in line for this.  When my spot comes up, you can laugh at me if you want but I'm going for the 10 year warranty cause I'm going to keep mines for a while.  I'm going to get everything I can out of it and for as long as I can as well.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Alx1021
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 10:34:17 (permalink)
Fair point but I signed up at 3/10 so I'm in for a looonnnngg wait and I'm a 4k gamer ;((

Corsair 5000D Airflow
Intel Core i9-10900k @5ghz
Z490 Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML360 SUB-ZERO
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-4000mhz
ASUS Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3090 ROG Strix OC
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD
1tb Samsung 980 PRO NVME SSD
500gb Samsung 980 PRO NVME SSD
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 Watt P2

With a side of poor cable management.
DeludedRaven
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 10:46:18 (permalink)
Toieo
Meh.. at what point does buying this stop making sense as a daily driver? 4000 series cards are gonna be right around the corner by the time most people get this card and at $2500 bucks, buying halfway through it's life cycle seems... way less compelling..

I'm really torn on this.

After waiting 3 months already and STILL being more than 50 cards out AND an imminent price hike in two weeks... bitter to say the least.

Defend EVGA all you want, tell me to go away, i get it.. tell me to shop elsewhere yeah yeah... I'm just saying what most are thinking and if not yet, after you wait 6 more months and still no hope, you'll feel just like i do

EDIT:

For the record, I'm not upset by the queue system, EVGA, or any of that. EVGA has always been good to me, been loyal for more than 15 years. The complaint is that by the time we actually get it in our hands, it's last year tech at the highest price ever. THAT is garbage and my source of frustration.

20 chips a MONTH?! Less than 1 friggin chip a day?? Ridiculous..

Alx1021
 Yeah if it takes that long I feel like I might just wait for 40 series or just try and get the FE/FTW3 Ultra from Newegg or from bot infested Bestbuy or something.

No offense but you’re offering bad advice. You’re claiming we will see a 4xxx release in the fall. What proof do you have of this first of all? You realize we haven’t seen a 3080ti teased yet, right? 

April/May is typically the point that Nvidia teases a 3080ti which is what this individual should be potentially looking into.

There is no news that Nvidia will be releasing a 4xxx series of cards in October. There’s not even any news that they’re working in the architecture. I think you’re spreading wrong information here. By all means prove me wrong. I just don’t think we will see a “next” generation given the silicon shortages and issues. 

The worlds manufacturing has been shut down for a year and most of it is still shut down. This includes semiconductors.

edit: I just want to say I think it’s more likely in November you see a 3080ti and 3070ti and 3060ti etc and SUPER versions of these cards. 

it’s harder and harder to design architecture and this is really the most solid architecture nvidia has released since Pascal and they used pascal for a few years. I don’t anticipate them having a brand spanking new architecture for release a year after releasing another one during a pandemic.

Stay the course people. It could be that some people stand to gain off of some of you LEAVING the queue. The 3090 kingpin is a solid card that you’ll be featuring in your system for a long while. It’s a beast of a card. Unless you upgrade each and every time there’s absolutely no reason to miss out on this. It’s going to run Crysis at Max settings for 4k with raytracing for years to come.
post edited by DeludedRaven - 2021/04/01 10:54:16
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 10:49:06 (permalink)
I saw your specs in your signature and you have a very valid point.  With the 2080TI I would think that would be a good decision to ponder since the gains to the 3090s and the gen life are going to be factors for those in your situation with similar equipment already in use.  But like I said I think the hybrid list should open up a bit if the hydro copper version is released. 

Best of luck, and I really recommend not to look at the queue until you get into the top 50 to track.  It was driving me nuts watching myself move backwards.  I thought when I got on the list since i was in the 70s that I would have a good chance at getting a cards pretty quick, but I missed the boat at the early sign up and now I am getting pushed back more and more.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Toieo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 10:57:02 (permalink)
DeludedRaven
Toieo
Meh.. at what point does buying this stop making sense as a daily driver? 4000 series cards are gonna be right around the corner by the time most people get this card and at $2500 bucks, buying halfway through it's life cycle seems... way less compelling..

I'm really torn on this.

After waiting 3 months already and STILL being more than 50 cards out AND an imminent price hike in two weeks... bitter to say the least.

Defend EVGA all you want, tell me to go away, i get it.. tell me to shop elsewhere yeah yeah... I'm just saying what most are thinking and if not yet, after you wait 6 more months and still no hope, you'll feel just like i do

EDIT:

For the record, I'm not upset by the queue system, EVGA, or any of that. EVGA has always been good to me, been loyal for more than 15 years. The complaint is that by the time we actually get it in our hands, it's last year tech at the highest price ever. THAT is garbage and my source of frustration.

20 chips a MONTH?! Less than 1 friggin chip a day?? Ridiculous..

Alx1021
 Yeah if it takes that long I feel like I might just wait for 40 series or just try and get the FE/FTW3 Ultra from Newegg or from bot infested Bestbuy or something.

No offense but you’re offering bad advice. You’re claiming we will see a 4xxx release in the fall. What proof do you have of this first of all? You realize we haven’t seen a 3080ti teased yet, right? 

April/May is typically the point that Nvidia teases a 3080ti which is what this individual should be potentially looking into.

There is no news that Nvidia will be releasing a 4xxx series of cards in October. There’s not even any news that they’re working in the architecture. I think you’re spreading wrong information here. By all means prove me wrong. I just don’t think we will see a “next” generation given the silicon shortages and issues. 

The worlds manufacturing has been shut down for a year and most of it is still shut down. This includes semiconductors.

edit: I just want to say I think it’s more likely in November you see a 3080ti and 3070ti and 3060ti etc and SUPER versions of these cards. 

it’s harder and harder to design architecture and this is really the most solid architecture nvidia has released since Pascal and they used pascal for a few years. I don’t anticipate them having a brand spanking new architecture for release a year after releasing another one during a pandemic.

You misread what I said. Thoroughly.

I said, to clarify, come September, we'll be halfway through this cards cycle. Which on average is 2 years.

So spending 2500 bucks on year old tech when a new release is a year away (Oct 2022) is a really hard justification when you can save the 2500 bucks and put it to a 4000 series card and make due with a lesser card until then.

2500 bucks day one buys you 2 years. 2500 bucks at year one buys you 1 year. That's a piss poor return and hard to justify. That's it. All I said
DeludedRaven
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 11:08:00 (permalink)
Toieo
You misread what I said. Thoroughly.

I said, to clarify, come September, we'll be halfway through this cards cycle. Which on average is 2 years.

So spending 2500 bucks on year old tech when a new release is a year away (Oct 2022) is a really hard justification when you can save the 2500 bucks and put it to a 4000 series card and make due with a lesser card until then.

2500 bucks day one buys you 2 years. 2500 bucks at year one buys you 1 year. That's a piss poor return and hard to justify. That's it. All I said

I don’t think I did. It’s possible. I also don’t think you read anything I said. Hopper has been delayed. Hopper has had substantial delays to the point that data centers aren’t going to see these chips until 2023 (estimated)

You’re still making the assumption that Nvidia is running on a 2 year timeline for architecture and as fast as my understanding goes Private Industry sees these cards first and then the public sector gets their hands on them. Everything I’ve read and everyone I’ve talked to points at massive delays with everything. That’s the first point. Second point.

Edit: I was 70 on this list not that long ago. People being added ahead of me. I’m down into the 40s. I’m thinking it’s maybe a month or two for me. They do large drops occasionally. Even if you get your card in June. It’s not actually you only getting one year out of your card. There’s no guarantees that the next generation will be better than ampere either. See: Turing vs Pascal. 

There’s another massive reason for the shortages right now. Pascal users that didn’t see a reason to upgrade to Turing as the performance increase was minimal that see the massive gain in performance with ampere. Turing users that see the massive performance gain from Turing to Ampere also buying into Ampere. There’s no guarantee that 4xxx will be mind blowingly good like Ampere.

Again. The best advice you can give is stay the course. It looks like it’s a 3 month average between queue and turn around.

edit 2: I used hopper because I really think Lovelace is a stop gap between architectures much like Turing was between Pascal and Ampere.
post edited by DeludedRaven - 2021/04/01 11:17:37
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 11:27:30 (permalink)
DeludedRaven

Again. The best advice you can give is stay the course. It looks like it’s a 3 month average between queue and turn around.

edit 2: I used hopper because I really think Lovelace is a stop gap between architectures much like Turing was between Pascal and Ampere.

It's more like 4 months now instead of 3.
post edited by mech9t5 - 2021/04/01 12:43:12

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 11:41:08 (permalink)
The 2080ti is a beast of a card BUT I am using it from an older pre-built and it's a blower. I mean it's still not that big of an excuse but I like being able to overclock and have good cooling like the KPE's tri-radiator. 

Also 4 months is pretty decent for me. That means I'll still have some time with it during summer so yay

Also I have a question. On the 3090 KPE stock cooler, is it fine to turn on the LN2 bios to allow higher power limits or is it not recommended?
post edited by Alx1021 - 2021/04/01 11:47:19

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

EvgaUser2711201
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 12:18:51 (permalink)
I’m 8 spots away and stressing about the hydro copper block. I haven’t seen or heard anything about if we can buy that separately for our aio kingpins?
Crazy it’s already April!

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 12:54:21 (permalink)
EvgaUser2711201
I’m 8 spots away and stressing about the hydro copper block. I haven’t seen or heard anything about if we can buy that separately for our aio kingpins?

Nice lemme know how it is when you get it in a couple weeks! I'm 150 spots away lol
post edited by Alx1021 - 2021/04/01 12:57:18

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 14:08:19 (permalink)
Alx1021
EvgaUser2711201

Nice lemme know how it is when you get it in a couple weeks! I'm 150 spots away lol

I was around 150 on the self reported list when I registered for the auto notifies on December 21.  I hoping that there will be a sizeable drop next week.

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 14:26:37 (permalink)
That's not too bad of a wait. I was on a waitlist for the RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Black on OCUK and it would move by literally 4 each week. Cancelled for other stuff in January.

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 15:05:37 (permalink)
I don't have one yet, but he LN2 bios was supposed to be the slot for Liquid Nitrogen.  There are a few people on the forum that have threads about making their own custom loops and I'm sure if you asked them there they could share if they are using the LN2 bios.  

One thing that I do know is that when my name is called for the kingpin, i'm dumping the stock fans on the rad as a few people said they are trash.  High pressure fans are instrumental in lowering the temps of the rad which impact overall temps so if you can I would buy some high pressure fans to replace them when you get yours.  

When you get as close as those other posters, then I'd watch the queues, forums, and check your notifies more consistently to make sure you respond to the email when it comes.  Other than that, enjoy what you got and life in general.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 15:39:05 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
I don't have one yet, but he LN2 bios was supposed to be the slot for Liquid Nitrogen.  There are a few people on the forum that have threads about making their own custom loops and I'm sure if you asked them there they could share if they are using the LN2 bios.  

One thing that I do know is that when my name is called for the kingpin, i'm dumping the stock fans on the rad as a few people said they are trash.  High pressure fans are instrumental in lowering the temps of the rad which impact overall temps so if you can I would buy some high pressure fans to replace them when you get yours.  

When you get as close as those other posters, then I'd watch the queues, forums, and check your notifies more consistently to make sure you respond to the email when it comes.  Other than that, enjoy what you got and life in general.  

I have 3 Corsair LL120 Fans in my case atm that will be removed when I get 3090 KPE. Would those work fine with the KPE radiator? 
I was also thinking of putting the stock fans that come with the KPE on the non-visible side of the radiator and the LL120 fans on the visible part
post edited by Alx1021 - 2021/04/01 15:46:35

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 17:33:38 (permalink)
I don't have the Kingpin yet, but I am a strong believer of push/pull when possible.  The gains are small, but if you have the fans then it can't hurt or if you have the budget then I say go for it.  The corsair fans you have aren't the greatest as far as pressure, but having them being helped by the stock fans pushing should maximize their performance in cooling the rad.  I would run it since you got them, and then assess if you need to think about buying different fans. I would run the side rad as intake, though for the GPU I would prefer to mount that up top if possible.  There might not be much of a performance gain by doing so depending on the amount of air flow going in and out of the case to prevent heat soak, but I would prefer that configuration when possible. This is a preference to me, I'm not a professional but have built more than a few machines for myself and others.  I haven't measured the differences for internal temps but I stand behind my reasoning.  Like I said, the performance gains would be small if any as long as you are able to remove enough air from the case in a timely manner.  It becomes more of a factor if your pc is in a warm area and you don't have enough air flow going in and out of the case in a manner which would help remove heat from the case.  

I bought some Corsair ML non-rgb fans I used on an earlier build that I have laying around.  I thought I had wasted my money on them since I wasn't planning on using them, but now that I'm going water cooled and needed additional high pressure units that can push through the thicker rads they are going to come in handy.  When I got them from amazon they were around 40 bucks for two fans.  Now since I'm planning on using them in push for the side rad on my O11XL build, they are looking like it was a good buy.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 18:01:27 (permalink)
The radiator would in fact be on top. The LL 120 Fans will be taking air in from the case and the stock fans will be taking in fresh air. I don't care about noise since the Intel Cryo cooler I use always runs at max RPM no matter what and I run all my fans at max RPM anyways so I'll probably run the KPE fans at max RPM too.

post edited by Alx1021 - 2021/04/01 18:07:41

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 18:10:04 (permalink)
Alx1021
The radiator would in fact be on top. The LL 120 Fans will be taking air in from the case and the stock fans will be taking in fresh air. I don't care about noise since the Intel Cryo cooler I use always runs at max RPM no matter what and I run all my fans at max RPM anyways so I'll probably run the KPE fans at max RPM too.

The Corsair LL series fans have very low static pressure. It’s only good for case fans. You should consider of getting fans with high flow, but most importantly, high static pressure because of the pressure drop that will occur across the radiator. The LL fans will not make any difference in a push/pull configuration.

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 18:11:15 (permalink)
mech9t5
Alx1021

The Corsair LL series fans have very low static pressure. It’s only good for case fans. You should consider of getting fans with high flow, but most importantly, high static pressure because of the pressure drop that will occur across the radiator. The LL fans will not make any difference in a push/pull configuration.

Understandable but I'm also doing it so it doesn't ruin the looks of the PC RGB so I still don't mind that much.
Also what is the max RPM of the stock 3090 KPE rad fans?

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 18:19:09 (permalink)
Alx1021
mech9t5
Alx1021

Understandable but I'm also doing it so it doesn't ruin the looks of the PC RGB so I still don't mind that much.
Also what is the max RPM of the stock 3090 KPE rad fans?

I don’t know the max RPM of the stock fans. If you don’t want to ruin the look, you may want to consider this. It’s RGB, high flow and high static pressure. However, it’s rather expensive. I bought a set for when I get the KPE to replace the stock fans.

https://www.performance-p...-rgb-500-2200-rpm.html

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/01 20:20:55 (permalink)
When you plug in other fans to the KPE, can you still control them via Precision X1 or Afterburner or do you have to use like iCue or something?
Also mech9t5 those fans look kinda nice. Considering those but still don't want to waste LL120s since well they are $40 each.
post edited by Alx1021 - 2021/04/01 20:23:36

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

DZelmer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 219
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 03:37:31 (permalink)
Alx1021
When you plug in other fans to the KPE, can you still control them via Precision X1 or Afterburner or do you have to use like iCue or something?
Also mech9t5 those fans look kinda nice. Considering those but still don't want to waste LL120s since well they are $40 each.

I have 8 Ek 2200 rpm Varadero and Drgb fans running off the card directly with no issues other than some of them stop at like 15 or 25% which is just the difference in the fan manufacturing i think. They work great only have 3 on pull on the rad. I have also used noctua 3000 rpm fans and the Ek furious varidor also 3000 rpm i think that also work great Used them on my 1080 ti's and 2080ti's in push pull and just push or just pull with no problems also. Same fans i can only get 4 to 6 to work on the commander pro or on the mobo before i loose control and they cycle up and down in rpm....On the 3090 KPE fan header the one that runs to the stock rad fans it took all 8 fans like a champ! Its a rats nest of wiring though! 
akafats
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 03:59:31 (permalink)
So nothing again this week?
TsBForsaken
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 05:09:30 (permalink)
I have 3 Noctua F12 Chromax fans on the KPE RAD and the stocks on the outside pushing air up from the F12's. They decreased my temps pretty decently. Seems those and the EK Vardars are the way for this RAD. Dabager also put heatsinks on the back plate over heated areas like on the Memory etc.... That will also decrease temps. So be prepared
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 07:13:39 (permalink)
akafats
So nothing again this week?

Correct. Jacob tweeted that earlier in the week.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 09:47:08 (permalink)
Well as you can see under my specs, i have trash cable management anyways. I might do the 6 fans all exhaust (LL120 visible side and stock on outside). Having all 6 being push is fine right?

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 12:36:33 (permalink)
You would want the fans attached to the rad working together so the direction of air flow through the rad match.  This is to have fans on both sides of the rad helping each other move air through the rad.  The term push means that the fans are grabbing air and pushing it through the rad while on the opposite side the fans are configured to pull air from the rad.  Balancing air flow and direction of flow is important to help reduce heat while maxing performance of the components you have.  Make sure you know the direction of air flow through your fans before you mount them to make sure you have them in the correct configuration.  

If you were mounting the Kingpin rad up top, then the stock rad fans would be in a pull configuration mounted to the side of the rad closest to the top of the case and the LL fans in a push mounted below the rad which would be exposed when viewing from the bottom.  This would be setup to move air out from the case and through the rad in an exhaust setup.  

If you are using the 6 fans you mentioned on the same 360mm rad, all 6 fans cannot be all setup to push.  If you setup all 6 fans to push it would be pushing air from both sides of the rad to the center which would be fighting each other and reducing air flow to a minimum as air being forced into the rad would have no where to go without major resistance from the rad itself and the pressure from the opposing fan on the other side of the rad.  This is what you want to avoid.  You want one set of fans on one side of the rad to push air through the rad and the fans on the opposite side of the rad to grab that air being pushed into the rad and move that air out from the rad.  This is why the setup is called push/pull.  

You tuber Jayztwocents had a pretty good video on push/pull setups and performance results.  Try and find his video to help you figure out what is best for you.   

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Alx1021
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 20:22:06 (permalink)
Okay. Couldn’t i just flip them so then they all push out of the case. If all 6 were blowing in the same direction wouldn’t it just be pretty much the same or make the air go through the rad faster?

Corsair 5000D Airflow
1tb Samsung 870 EVO SSD

manhed
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 20:53:23 (permalink)
Hey guys, just wanted to get my info in for my notification. It is

1/27/2021   5:02:38 PM

I know it would take a miracle for me to get this card, but I am hopeful.
Fayalite
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 253
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 21:06:42 (permalink)
It's for the kingpin right? @manhed

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 K|NGP|N - Unofficial Auto-Notify Confirmation List 2021/04/02 21:13:11 (permalink)
Alx1021
Okay. Couldn’t i just flip them so then they all push out of the case. If all 6 were blowing in the same direction wouldn’t it just be pretty much the same or make the air go through the rad faster?

You got the idea, but when you said push, it's not all push with a top mounted rad setup to exhaust as the top fans closest to the case mount would actually be pulling air from the rad and out the top.  The fans mounted below the top rad would be pushing air from the case through the rad which is why that is called push.  That's why is called push/pull and not just push.  The rad is the center point which is where I think your terminology is mixed up.  I do think you understand the theory but the terms are the issue. 

If you have a rad setup with all six fans in push, they are going to be pushing air toward center of the rad working against each other.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Page: << < ..146147148149150.. > >> Showing page 150 of 301
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile