EVGA

Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Gamers

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102406
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2022/10/06 10:04:10 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/299616/herman-miller-and-logitech-g-introduce-vantum-a-modern-gaming-chair-designed-for-gamers-from-the-ground-up

Herman Miller, in partnership with Logitech G, unveiled today its newest performance gaming chair, Vantum, centered on versatility, adaptability and purposefully built for gamers from the ground up. Vantum stays true to the research-focused spirit of the powerful partnership between Herman Miller and Logitech G, providing gamers the correct level of support throughout the various modes of gameplay for increased comfort, concentration and endurance, whether in a position of play or pause.

"As a performance-driven brand, our ultimate ambition is to unlock every player's potential through thoughtful solutions and research that solves problems, delivers results and enables meaningful change at every level of gaming," says Jon Campbell, General Manager of Gaming at Herman Miller. "The Vantum Gaming Chair is our response to the community's request for more from our partnership. It delivers the same promise of advanced ergonomics, unrivaled quality and desirability of the original Embody Gaming Chair - but now with more color options and a more accessible price point."

"Over the last 3 years, Logitech G and Herman Miller have partnered together with a shared vision of delivering high performance, ergonomic furniture solutions to gamers. We're excited to move into the next stage of our evolution with this milestone launch," says Aron Drayer, Head of Marketing Partnerships for Logitech G. "Together with Herman Miller, our shared passion and drive to give gamers the very best has continued to push our creativity and expertise forward and we couldn't be more thrilled to present the gaming community with Vantum."

At its core, the Vantum Gaming Chair supports the active-gaming-forward posture, a position proven to fuel focus and faster reaction times, two factors that play a crucial role when gaming. To achieve this, Vantum was designed to proactively place users in an active/upright position the moment they sit down, leveraging an adapted seat pad and PostureFit, which provides adjustable support to the lower back and reinforces the pelvis, preventing slouching and fatigue. To further assist gamers in ensuring they are in their proper position, numeric feedback is included on the tilt adjustments, allowing gamers to easily identify and recall their preferred settings.

One of the noticeably new characteristics of Vantum's design is the presence of a headrest. When not in an active gaming position, the adjustable headrest offers gamers maximum comfort by correctly supporting the area where the base of a player's head meets their spine. This mechanic places little or no direct pressure to the neck, allowing players to kick back and relax with ease.

"One of the patterns our teams noted during our research is that gamers require versatility," says Campbell. "A strong active posture is critical for gameplay, but having an equally supported, reclined position for moments of relaxation is key for modern gamers who not only play games but watch streams and movies, chat with friends, engage in virtual events or just need a moment to kick back after a stressful match."

To further support the reclined position, Vantum is the first gaming chair that provides a thoracic support pad, which serves to properly support the upper back, neck and head when in a relaxed position. The headrest and thoracic support work together to ensure gamers can relieve pressure buildup and regain focus as needed, especially when playing for long stretches of time.

Whether a gamer is upright immersed in a tight match, leaning back in a moment of repose, or somewhere in between, Vantum's flexible cushion and exclusive suspension material will deliver comfort and support by distributing pressure appropriately in response to any posture - helping promote balance and circulation. The seat upholstery is a 100% post-consumer recycled textile with high performance properties.

In terms of the final look of the chair, the Vantum Gaming Chair went through many rounds of revisions and ideations to ensure a gamer's needs were prioritized in both the aesthetics and appearance. "This project started with the challenge of deconstructing what the essence of a gaming chair truly is," says Campbell. "How do you make a chair feel alive and active, not slow and sedentary? How do you visually communicate through color and emotion what the actual technology and architecture of the piece are intended to do?"

The end result is an expressive, bold chair that visually and physically cradles the user while layering the supportive, technical pieces within. Visually lightweight, fluid and sculptural, the Vantum Gaming Chair perfectly marries comfort, support and an athletic expression for the modern gamer. Gamers can further customize their chair by choosing from three brilliant colors: Polar, Flare and Obsidian.

The Vantum Gaming Chair is now available at the price of $995 USD. Just like the rest of the portfolio, Vantum has been rigorously tested and built to last, backed by a 12-year warranty. The chair is made with durable, sustainable materials, including diecast aluminium and glass-filled nylon. Vantum is available for purchase at Herman Miller retail locations as well as at hermanmiller.com/gaming.

I think almost a thousand dollars is very high for a gaming chair. On a positive note you do get a 12 year warranty. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

19 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31020
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/06 12:30:08 (permalink)
    not a bad price for a Herman Miller chair ... many of their chairs are over $2K

Value ?   no idea, I never took the time to try one

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/06 13:29:27 (permalink)
    So the molding in the back is the cup holder 👀🤔🤣

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/06 14:46:00 (permalink)
    $1000 for a chair is still pretty steep IMHO ...

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18939
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/06 15:44:16 (permalink)

As mentioned on the pre-release thread, Herman Miller chairs are amazing - we have HM Aeron chairs at home for our computer desks (me and Mrs) and I balked at the price when we got them, but now I realize they were worth every penny. We've had them for years and they still look and operate like they're brand new, even after using them all day every day working from home through the worst of the pandemic. We used to go through 'cheap' computer chairs almost every year - they just would not last well and would get uncomfortable after a while sitting in them, so in retrospect, the HM Aeron has effectively amortized its cost anyway, and then some.

The $1,000 price tag doesn't surprise me - if they're anything like the Aeron, they're worth it providing Logi don't cheap out some of the components, but I doubt Herman Miller would put their name on it if Logi tried to do that.

Having said all that, I purchased a Corsair TC70 Remix gaming chair (link) for my daughter recently, and she loves it. Still on sale at about 40% off ($179.99 down from $309.99).

post edited by Nereus - 2022/10/06 15:48:00

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/11 02:29:48 (permalink)
    I like that they created a all new chair with Logitech.  Of course, I believe Logetch does assist and give their input but the gurus behind these chars are at HM.  Build and assembled in Michigan and comes shipped in a big box. 
    Embody has been around a long time and all they did was a few tweaks along with Logitech's input and slap a Logitech Tag and color scheme.

atfrico
    So the molding in the back is the cup holder 👀🤔🤣

Well now you know where you can place papa's sipper.

Nereus

As mentioned on the pre-release thread, Herman Miller chairs are amazing - we have HM Aeron chairs at home for our computer desks (me and Mrs) and I balked at the price when we got them, but now I realize they were worth every penny. 

I have the Herman Miller Embody Gaming and that's one of my best investments I've ever done other than my PCs of course. lol 
    My back and arm pains have subsided since getting rid of the dumpsterfire secretlab chair which started this pain and would fall apart within 2 years while they wanted to charge me half the price of the chair to replace a few parts. 
    I can't explain how amazing the Embody has been for me.  They're worth every penny and the 12 year warranty is a great peace of mind for the price you're paying for.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/11 16:47:01 (permalink)
    Really looked like skateboard wheels in that photo... I guess that's the alternate mode, for setting it on the floor with console gaming 

Have water, will cool. 
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/14 13:54:53 (permalink)
    "...a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Gamers"

Glad to know it's a "gaming" chair designed for "gamers" (as though there are "gaming" products that are not designed for "gamers")... Glad they established it's for "gamers" and not "serial killers"
    cezarL
    • Total Posts : 26
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/14 19:40:05 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    "...a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Gamers"

Glad to know it's a "gaming" chair designed for "gamers" (as though there are "gaming" products that are not designed for "gamers")...

... as opposed to the Embody which got the Logitech G treatment but I doubt "gamers" were ever in the mind of the HM designers when they came up with it ;)
    flyinion
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2276
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/14 20:36:11 (permalink)
    I’ll be curious to read reviews of it. I’ve been working from home for 2.5 years now and ended up replacing my rock hard Maxnomic with the embody logitech collab model. It’s the best chair I ever sat in, but I’m still waiting for the 3rd party headrest to come out for it. The only other gripe I have is I have to spray it with staticide every few months to not shock my PC when I get up.  I have no doubt it’ll easily meet or exceed the 12 year warranty. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10107
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/14 23:55:27 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    $1000 for a chair is still pretty steep IMHO ...

It’s worth paying a for a good chair that can help with ergonomics. Definitely better to protect your spin then live with back pain.

The 12 year warranty is also nice since it means you are buying a product made to last. Especially in a world where we are expected to pay that much for a GPU that will might use for like four years.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

808sting
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 462
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/17 12:38:54 (permalink)
    Not bad pricing and design for a Hermen Miller.  Been using a Steelcase Leap for years and it's a great investment.  Looking at the Steelcase Gesture as an upgrade/replacement.  The Hermen Miller "gaming chair" looks similar.

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
    Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
    External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
    Corsair 900D Case
    Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
    Asus & LG BD-RE
    Corsair AX1600i PS
    LG 38GL950B-G
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/17 13:26:26 (permalink)
    austin86
    Never understood Herman Miller products, they're just over price cheap chairs like 90% of any other desk chair. like go to staples, you can get more or less the same chair for way less.

Not even remotely close to correct. If you had ever owned a Herman Miller chair, you would know there's a huge difference.

This is coming from someone who has had many different office / computer chairs from Staples and other similar retailers, and then my Mrs got us Herman Miller Aeron chairs, which I thought were ridiculously expensive. Fast forward 6+(?) years later, and I realize it was the best move ever, and worth every penny.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/17 18:36:20 (permalink)
    austin86
    Never understood Herman Miller products, they're just over price cheap chairs like 90% of any other desk chair. like go to staples, you can get more or less the same chair for way less.

Definitely not true. Couldn't find anything at all decent at Staples last time I was shopping. Considered a Herman Miller for awhile but had missed a big promo sale so didn't go that route, but nothing at any of those office stores came close to one. Quality chairs is like buying PC hardware, had to buy them online if you want one these days. The stuff in office stores is practically all cheap filler junk with a few middling options thrown in.

Have water, will cool. 
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/18 11:45:13 (permalink)
    austin86
    kougar
    austin86

Definitely not true. Couldn't find anything at all decent at Staples last time I was shopping. Considered a Herman Miller for awhile but had missed a big promo sale so didn't go that route, but nothing at any of those office stores came close to one. Quality chairs is like buying PC hardware, had to buy them online if you want one these days. The stuff in office stores is practically all cheap filler junk with a few middling options thrown in.

We got a guy in the office with one, he spend over a grand for it. its literally no better then a 50-100$ chair from staples. It even has the cheap gimmicky look. In fact its rather uncomfortable, its not even a full chair. more like a stool with a upper back piece, it has nothing supporting the lower back. And not padding what so ever. Like who pays a grand for half a chair with no padding? 🤣

lol you're clueless when it comes to these chairs. Tall poppy syndrome is my guess. At this point I think you're probably just trolling.

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/19 23:58:18 (permalink)
    austin86
    We got a guy in the office with one, he spend over a grand for it. its literally no better then a 50-100$ chair from staples. It even has the cheap gimmicky look. In fact its rather uncomfortable, its not even a full chair. more like a stool with a upper back piece, it has nothing supporting the lower back. And not padding what so ever. Like who pays a grand for half a chair with no padding? 🤣 

Then that's not the Herman Miller chair people are referring to. Their Aeron chairs come with back support as standard and I didn't have any padding issues with the one I used for a few months. If he paid over a grand for a chair without lumbar support then he definitely threw his money away 

Have water, will cool. 
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/20 07:48:02 (permalink)
    flyinion
    I’ll be curious to read reviews of it. I’ve been working from home for 2.5 years now and ended up replacing my rock hard Maxnomic with the embody logitech collab model. It’s the best chair I ever sat in, but I’m still waiting for the 3rd party headrest to come out for it. The only other gripe I have is I have to spray it with staticide every few months to not shock my PC when I get up.  I have no doubt it’ll easily meet or exceed the 12 year warranty. 

I just signed up for info on the Headrest and added a few questions.

This was the email I received this morning.

Thanks for contacting us regarding our soon-to-come Embody headrest.

At this time, we are scheduled to launch pre-orders for our headrest designed for the Embody by the end of the year. This new model will be compatible with both the regular Embody and Logitech edition. We are expecting to release the most common fabric and frame colors for both the gaming and regular Embody chairs.

We have not solidified the price, but we are aiming to keep it right around the $200 mark. Preorders will launch at the end of this year, and production/fulfillment will begin in the first quarter of 2023. 

I've added you to our pre-order list to be notified when this product becomes available for order. When the time comes, we'll send you a link to the product page on this thread.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    flyinion
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2276
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/24 15:38:02 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer

At this time, we are scheduled to launch pre-orders for our headrest designed for the Embody by the end of the year. This new model will be compatible with both the regular Embody and Logitech edition. We are expecting to release the most common fabric and frame colors for both the gaming and regular Embody chairs.

We have not solidified the price, but we are aiming to keep it right around the $200 mark. Preorders will launch at the end of this year, and production/fulfillment will begin in the first quarter of 2023. 

I've added you to our pre-order list to be notified when this product becomes available for order. When the time comes, we'll send you a link to the product page on this thread.

Where did you sign up?  All I see is a product page with a gray "Sold Out" button for the Embody one.

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15892
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/25 07:59:17 (permalink)
    If I’m going to spend 1000 on a chair it’s going to be the most comfy office chair I can buy at that price. Not a gaming chair.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Herman Miller and Logitech G Introduce Vantum, a Modern Gaming Chair Designed for Game 2022/10/25 13:29:38 (permalink)
    flyinion
    GTXJackBauer

Where did you sign up?  All I see is a product page with a gray "Sold Out" button for the Embody one.

Email them (orders@atlasheadrest.com) and request to be added to their waitlist list.

austin86
    kougar
    Then that's not the Herman Miller chair people are referring to. Their Aeron chairs come with back support as standard and I didn't have any padding issues with the one I used for a few months. If he paid over a grand for a chair without lumbar support then he definitely threw his money away 

Aeron chairs? looks like a lot of plastic and nylon and no padding just like many of the 100-200$ chair at most office stores. 
    I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't get why they are so good and costly. Yes I sat in a few over the years, they're supper cheap feeling like most office chairs.

Go to the nearest show room and try out the chairs.  Than you'll understand. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile