EVGA

HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Author
ViDeLRC
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/08/18 02:54:36 (permalink)
Hello everyone and in advance, thank you very much to whoever takes the trouble to provide an answer to my problem. I hope to be brief. About 2 months ago I purchased a second-hand EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti. Visually the plate was in very good condition. When testing it on my PC, it did not present any problems. After a few days, when I turned it on it turned off its lights and the fans began to spin very quickly and losing the image. To rule out problems with the power supply or the board itself, I took it to a friend's house to test it. On my friend's pc, we ran furmark and it gave excellent results; without artifact or temperature problems. Seeing this I decide to do some maintenance (just in case) and change thermal paste and thermal pads. For a month, the board was used without any problems, good temperature, normal startup and shutdown, etc. After that month, I decided to bring the board back to my PC (Rzen 5 2600, 16GB of RAM, Mother B450M, Thermaltake 700w 80plus white power supply), put the board in and it turned on the first time without problems. For work and study reasons, in these 15 days I did not turn off the PC, I only "suspended" it and then turned it on the next day. During these 15 days, everything is normal, temperature, games, or design (Blender). Today, when I wanted to turn it on after being suspended for 12 hours, it made that "error" again: Turn on the PC, show the image for a few seconds > the image goes away > the fans speed up > and the cycle returns once I turn it off and the I turn on again. At this moment I am out of work and given the use I have for it, it is impossible for me to acquire a new graphics card. But I refuse to believe that it is a problem with the graphics, since it was on for 15 days without causing any problems. As far as I know about the subject, I want to believe that it is a problem with the power supply and its "respective peaks" (I don't know how they are called in English) that it delivers at "moments". I watched videos on YouTube, and many say that the problem is the source, others that it is the drivers, others that it is software problems with the RTX Ti. I've already looked everywhere and the options seem to be many. Thank you very much and greetings from Argentina!!

6 Replies Related Threads

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5875
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/18 05:21:24 (permalink)
    Ryzen 5 2600
    16GB of RAM
    Motherboard B450M
    Thermaltake 700w 80plus white power supply

What brand of motherboard? Have you tried the card in a different PCIe slot on the B450M?

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/18 07:38:37 (permalink)
    ViDeLRC
    Hello everyone and in advance, thank you very much to whoever takes the trouble to provide an answer to my problem. I hope to be brief.

About 2 months ago I purchased a second-hand EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti.

Visually the plate was in very good condition. When testing it on my PC, it did not present any problems. After a few days, when I turned it on it turned off its lights and the fans began to spin very quickly and losing the image.

To rule out problems with the power supply or the board itself, I took it to a friend's house to test it.

On my friend's pc, we ran furmark and it gave excellent results; without artifact or temperature problems. Seeing this I decide to do some maintenance (just in case) and change thermal paste and thermal pads.

For a month, the board was used without any problems, good temperature, normal startup and shutdown, etc. After that month, I decided to bring the board back to my PC (Rzen 5 2600, 16GB of RAM, Mother B450M, Thermaltake 700w 80plus white power supply), put the board in and it turned on the first time without problems.

For work and study reasons, in these 15 days I did not turn off the PC, I only "suspended" it and then turned it on the next day. During these 15 days, everything is normal, temperature, games, or design (Blender).

Today, when I wanted to turn it on after being suspended for 12 hours, it made that "error" again: Turn on the PC, show the image for a few seconds > the image goes away > the fans speed up > and the cycle returns once I turn it off and the I turn on again.

At this moment I am out of work and given the use I have for it, it is impossible for me to acquire a new graphics card. But I refuse to believe that it is a problem with the graphics, since it was on for 15 days without causing any problems.

As far as I know about the subject, I want to believe that it is a problem with the power supply and its "respective peaks" (I don't know how they are called in English) that it delivers at "moments". I watched videos on YouTube, and many say that the problem is the source, others that it is the drivers, others that it is software problems with the RTX Ti. I've already looked everywhere and the options seem to be many.

Thank you very much and greetings from Argentina!!

I took the liberty to add some spaces to your quote above

Welcome to the EVGA forums

Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

What OS?

GPU to Monitor, what kind of cable are you using?  DP or HDMI?

Which Nvidia driver?

Have you checked the Nvidia notes on the driver your using to look for known issues with suspend?

Is Fast Boot = OFF in the MB's BIOS?

Might also want to try a Power flush

1 - Shut down

2 - Unplug PC & anything connected to PC that is plugged into the wall (monitor, printer, USB hub ...)

3 - Now hold "start button" in for 20 sec to discharge capacitors ....

4 - Plug in & reboot

If your using a DP cable make sure it is "certified" https://www.displayport.org/products-database/

If your monitors have  "Deep sleep" disable it

Look for firmware updates to your monitors

Unplug Monitors, then reattach power plug ... do they wake-up ?

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows 10
    (excerpt)

If you experience a black or blank screen on your Windows 10 device, try the following:
    • To wake the screen, use one of the following keyboard shortcuts: Windows logo key + P  or   Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • For a black screen, use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key  + Ctrl + Shift + B.
    • For more info, see Troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

ViDeLRC
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/18 09:15:00 (permalink)
    It is a B450M mother from Gigabyte. It has a single PCIE slot. Currently install a generic GPU to have an image

ViDeLRC
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/18 09:21:07 (permalink)
    I am using an HDMI connected to a 24' TV. It was connected there the entire time I was using it.
    I can't execute the commands you tell me, since I can't even get past the BIOS logo that causes the problem.

The drivers I use are from Nvidia, including GameExperience.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49061
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/19 12:36:06 (permalink)
    Sounds like a psu issue. Could also be a problem with the pci-e cable you’re using.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 84164
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: HELLO COMMUNITY, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2024/08/20 05:44:40 (permalink)
    ViDeLRC
    I am using an HDMI connected to a 24' TV. It was connected there the entire time I was using it.
    I can't execute the commands you tell me, since I can't even get past the BIOS logo that causes the problem.

The drivers I use are from Nvidia, including GameExperience.

Can you SEE the BIOs screen? If so then try another HDMI cable (certified) and a different TV or monitor. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile