EVGA

Static in audio feed

Author
amiantos
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/08/26 16:36:01 (permalink)
I submitted a question to EVGA, but figured I'd post here just in case...

I've noticed there is constant static in the audio feed coming from my XR1 Pro. It can be heard in the video capture feed within OBS and on speakers/headsets plugged into the Line Out port on the XR1 device itself. Even though it probably shouldn't make a difference, I tested a different HDMI cable than the one the unit came with and the static was unchanged. In all cases, the static is persistent, and seems somewhat tied to the content being displayed, and the static worsens if Mic In is not disabled. The static is worse with an Xbox Series X connected, compared to a Playstation 5. I assume I got a faulty device...

7 Replies Related Threads

GeorgeBarragan
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/27 14:15:32 (permalink)
    I have gotten 3 different devices and I still get that static. I only get it when I connect the HDMI from the xbox to the capture card. If I unplug the HDMI the screen turns black but no static once I plug it back in I get all the static again. I have tried calling and troubleshooting with EVGA and they don't know either. Im looking into getting my money back and trying a different capture card.
    amiantos
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/29 13:15:09 (permalink)
    Follow-up... I originally plugged both USB-A plugs from my XR1 Pro into side-by-side USB ports on the back of my case. After troubleshooting, I ended up unplugging one of the connectors and plugging it into a different USB port further down. This seems to have resolved my static issues with my PS5 as far as I can tell. Perhaps having both connectors next to each other created some sort of interference? I need to test this out further before definitively saying it solved my issue, but so far so good.
    GeorgeBarragan
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/29 18:27:32 (permalink)
    Yeah that did not work for me. I tried this method before and still got the same static. It seems like it is the HDMI from the console to the capture card. If you disconnect the HDMI from the capture card the screen is black but your console is still on and the static goes away. As soon as I connect the HDMI from the console to the capture card and the picture comes back, that annoying buzzing sound comes back on. I can't find a solution I have dug very deep the past 4 months. I even contacted EVGA and they have no clue what it is either. It seems as though a lot of people are having this same issue and can't find a solution. 

Something else to note. When you plug in your headset and controller directly to the capture card your VOLUME on the headset goes down to 75%. There is for sure some more things EVGA has to do to perfect this capture card. 

For now I am going to ask for my money back because I couldn't figure it out after 4 months 3 capture cards later. If you do find another solution please post on here.

What I am doing to game at the moment and stream.
    I plugged my headset to the controller ( instead of the capture card )
    this eliminates the buzzing sound to my headset and also I get 100% volume.
    I connected a usb mic so my stream can hear me.
    however my viewers can still hear the buzzing sound which is annoying to them. Im doing this until EVGA returns my emails and I can get my money back to purchase a different capture card.
    amiantos
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/30 09:27:07 (permalink)
    Follow-up pt 2.... I used the XR1 last night with my PS5 and I was wrong, the static is still there, it is just VERY quiet. If you turn the volume up enough you can still hear it. So, I think I am just going to return my XR1 and get a different capture card and see how it goes.
    amiantos
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/30 12:20:46 (permalink)
    Follow-up pt 3... I returned the XR1 today and bought a device that was twice the price. No static, and it looks like color grading on the capture signal is better.. so... yeah... sorry EVGA.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16553
    • Ribbons : 271
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/08/30 20:46:47 (permalink)
    amiantos
    Follow-up pt 3... I returned the XR1 today and bought a device that was twice the price. No static, and it looks like color grading on the capture signal is better.. so... yeah... sorry EVGA.

No reason to apologize. EVGA has stopped supporting this product; so do what you need in order to get what you want.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

GeorgeBarragan
    Re: Static in audio feed 2024/09/10 22:00:35 (permalink)
    I found what it was.

So the static was coming from my HDMI. I went a reset all my video settings on my monitor and my XBOX. It turns out my monitor only supports up to 1440 but I had the setting on 4K. therefore the HDMI was trying to kick back 4K onto the capture card which gave it a ground loop noise. I switched the setting to 1440 and the static noise went away.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile