EVGA

GTX 1080/TI stock ETA?

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 34 of 108
Author
kware2249
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:00:56 (permalink)
MasterMiner
Haven’t bought a single card for mining in 3 months. As cards burn out I simply remove from rig and wind down. At 1,300-1,400+ I don’t know of any configuration, however optimized, that can make that profitable. Most forums I’m looking at and own personal experience says these cards (except maybe ftw / kingpin) simply don’t last more than a year running flat out 24/7.

Miners who can do math are not buying at these prices.

It sucks, but even taking mining out of the equation - gpu prices are on a permanent upside reset. Not as high as they are now, but 20-30% higher than last year for same card msrp.

FTW / kingpin are good value because they are built to last a while. Well worth the premium.

Would you say the Kingpin is worth the extra $200~ over the FTW3?
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38516
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:04:29 (permalink)
kware2249
MasterMiner
Haven’t bought a single card for mining in 3 months. As cards burn out I simply remove from rig and wind down. At 1,300-1,400+ I don’t know of any configuration, however optimized, that can make that profitable. Most forums I’m looking at and own personal experience says these cards (except maybe ftw / kingpin) simply don’t last more than a year running flat out 24/7.

It sucks, but even taking mining out of the equation - gpu prices are on a permanent upside reset. Not as high as they are now, but 20-30% higher than last year for same card msrp.

FTW / kingpin are good value because they are built to last a while. Well worth the premium.

For Overclocking and Benchmarking Yes
For General Gaming and or Mining No.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

kware2249
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:06:21 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
kware2249
MasterMiner

For Overclocking and Benchmarking Yes
For General Gaming and or Mining No.

Eh. I'm looking for a more gaming oriented GPU. I've had my eye on the Asus ROG O11G, but something about spending $1,500 on a single component is a little offsetting. I've heard a lot of good things about the FTW3.
QuintLeo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 946
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:51:28 (permalink)
Cajovsvet
Or they sold all what was produced at least 2 years (except 1030) and they are on holiday for now. Evga will not answer but Nvidia wrote me by facebook. They have no ETA for EU

1050 and 1050 ti stock has been available on Newegg all along, though a lot of specific models have been out of stock at various times.

nstreet1080
I'm guessing the miners are all Elite members, so the cylce continues.  You can buy right now if you are elite member.

Most miners aren't active enough in the forums to be elite members, if they bother with the forums here at all.
DO remember the post count requirement.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
 I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

H-town
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:55:22 (permalink)
QuintLeo
Cajovsvet
Or they sold all what was produced at least 2 years (except 1030) and they are on holiday for now. Evga will not answer but Nvidia wrote me by facebook. They have no ETA for EU

1050 and 1050 ti stock has been available on Newegg all along, though a lot of specific models have been out of stock at various times.

nstreet1080
I'm guessing the miners are all Elite members, so the cylce continues.  You can buy right now if you are elite member.

Most miners aren't active enough in the forums to be elite members, if they bother with the forums here at all.

Post count requirement is only one of the ways you can be ELITE. If someone has purchased one qualifying GPU or two qualifying products within the past year then they are elite. 
QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:57:16 (permalink)
MasterMiner

I've not had ANY cards that lasted past the first month in a mining rig die - most of my "mining" cards are well past the 1 year point.
 If you are burning them out, you are doing it WRONG somehow - probably running a stock fan profile (which lets the cards overheat BADLY) or pushing TDP for max hashrate WAY too hard.

MOST miners are major fans of undervolt and reduce TDP for more EFFICIENT mining that lets the cards last a very long time.

kware2249

No.
I personally think the FTW models are overpriced in the first place for the very small improvement they offer over the SC models.
If I PUSHED my cards like the ignorant masses *THINK* all miners do, then I would prefer the water-cooled cards - since I DON'T like most long-term miners, I find it's a waste as it offers ZERO hashrate improvement when running at EFFICIENT settings.
Even the Gigabyte ITX and Zotac Mini cards stay plenty cool when run EFFICIENTLY, though I have run into a couple of "blower" model cards that were marginal on cooling.

I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

gr82banautiger
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 11:59:42 (permalink)
H-town
QuintLeo

nstreet1080

Post count requirement is only one of the ways you can be ELITE. If someone has purchased one qualifying GPU or two qualifying products within the past year then they are elite. 

Exactly, and Miners are more likely to have bought those products within the last year than gamers.

PC: Intel i7-8700k (@5ghz), MSI GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X, ASUS Prime Z370-A, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 (@3800mhz)
Case & PSU: Fractal Design Define C TG (front panel modded), Seasonic 750W Focus Plus Gold
Cooling: EK-KIT S280 + SE120mm rad in custom loop with CPU and GPU
Monitors: Dell S2716DG 1440p 144hz monitor (gaming) + Dell U2410h 1200p 60hz (desktop)
Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB Lux, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6502
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:13:55 (permalink)
I just got screwed over by ups!! Delivery was today and it needed to be signed for (my mistake). My wife came home from the grocery store a half hour ago and says there's a slip at the door!!

Check the tracking and the driver attempted delivery 15 mins ago!

Here I'm home the whole time in dead silence so I hear him! Dude never knocked or rang the door bell!

Super pissed and it's not the first time they have done this to me.. I called there 800 number in hope a they get while of the guy and tell him to come back.

As it stand I get to wait till tomorrow to hit up a access port to pick it up! :/

Will be a week total of waiting and and paid 4 bucks extra for sig to get screwed

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
camnipotent
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:19:58 (permalink)
AHowes
I just got screwed over by ups!! Delivery was today and it needed to be signed for (my mistake). My wife came home from the grocery store a half hour ago and says there's a slip at the door!!

Here I'm home the whole time in dead silence so I hear him! Dude never knocked or rang the door bell!

Super pissed and it's not the first time they have done this to me.. I called there 800 number in hope a they get while of the guy and tell him to come back.

As it stand I get to wait till tomorrow to hit up a access port to pick it up! :/

Will be a week total of waiting and and paid 4 bucks extra for sig to get screwed

Call them and tell them you want to meet the guy. He'll usually be able to give you a call and tell you where he'll be between a certain time, and you can usually drive to the neighborhood he's in and find him.
Stealth3si
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:25:18 (permalink)
AHowes

What I do when I am waiting in silence before a UPS package arrives is I listen for the sound of their truck/engine to arrive at my front yard. Then I walk to the front door and wait for him to be in line of sight to announce himself and only then do I respond.

[URL=http://www.evga.com/regis...filiatecode=XL8QPA2M1H][/URL] 
Antec 300 Illusion Case █ EVGA Supernova 750W B2 █ ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer █ Intel i7-4790k (4.70Ghz @ 1.275V) █ Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler █ G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4x4GB) 1866Mhz CL9 █ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING █ Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 830 Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Green 1TB/2TB █ Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard █ Logitech G700s Rechargeable Mouse █ Dell S2716DGR 27" 1440p G-Sync █ Sony XBR55X900E 55" 4K HDR LED █ Sound Blaster Z > O2 Amp > Fostex Massdrop Th-X00 Custom Mod █ Denon AVR-X3300W > Ascend HTM-200 SE Bookshelf 5 Speakers █ Windows 10 Pro x64 AU > Ibik Aster Multi-seat Gaming
dadnjesse
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:36:15 (permalink)
When that happens to me I call and ask them to come back that day, they may say no but if your persistent they  will come back. Also I have offered to go meet the driver somewhere If I can't wait.

Custom EK water cooled
Evga Z590 Dark
Water cooled Intel I9-11900k
Evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra  EK Quantum Water block
Evga P2 Platnium 1300 watt PSU
Samsung M.2 980 pro SSD 
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
G.Skill Trident Royal Elite 32 GB DDR4 4800
Asus Rog PG279Q 27" Monitor

QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:38:03 (permalink)
gr82banautiger
H-town

Exactly, and Miners are more likely to have bought those products within the last year than gamers.

50 million discrete video cards sold in 2017 (appx) - less than 10 million and more likely 5-6 million sold to MINERS in 2017 - and miners *are* a lot more likely to have bought multiple cards, so TON FEWER of them that bought cards than gamers.
I would estimate that at least 100 TIMES as many gamers bought cards this year vs miners that did.

QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 12:41:20 (permalink)
AHowes

I've had similar issues with both UPS and Fedex - one time I was literally standing BY the door, hear a knock, by the time I can get the door open to look out the driver is BACK IN THE TRUCK STARTING IT UP.
 Complaints don't do any good, been that route a FEW times - even complained about it to a friend that was "union management" at UPS and it didn't change anything.

Up side - *sometimes* if you call their 1-800 number they'll tell the driver to try again later in the day.

In your case, I have to wonder if the driver went to the wrong door (wrong house or apartment number), I've SEEN that happen a couple times when I was out on my "doorstep" actively waiting for a delivery.

gr82banautiger
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:11:24 (permalink)
QuintLeo
gr82banautiger
H-town

50 million discrete video cards sold in 2017 (appx) - less than 10 million and more likely 5-6 million sold to MINERS in 2017 - and miners *are* a lot more likely to have bought multiple cards, so TON FEWER of them that bought cards than gamers.
I would estimate that at least 100 TIMES as many gamers bought cards this year vs miners that did.

Yes but a gamer isn't nearly as likely to upgrade his GPU within a year as a miner is to buy an additional GPU during that year.

PC: Intel i7-8700k (@5ghz), MSI GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X, ASUS Prime Z370-A, G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 (@3800mhz)
Case & PSU: Fractal Design Define C TG (front panel modded), Seasonic 750W Focus Plus Gold
Monitors: Dell S2716DG 1440p 144hz monitor (gaming) + Dell U2410h 1200p 60hz (desktop)
gr82banautiger
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:13:18 (permalink)
camnipotent
AHowes

Call them and tell them you want to meet the guy. He'll usually be able to give you a call and tell you where he'll be between a certain time, and you can usually drive to the neighborhood he's in and find him.

^^^^ This.  A coworker was waiting on his iPhone 8 and did this and met the delivery guy somewhere that same night.

With that said, I have a camera on my front door which notifies me when someone is there immediately, and always set my deliveries to be left at the front door.

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:16:32 (permalink)
All good! He just came back and I got the card now!
I guess calling the 800 # and complaining e orked and they called him and told him to come back.

He said it was there call they made him come back.

He mentioned that he had to come from a mile away.. like really. Big deal and he wouldn't of had to if he would of just knocked on the door in the first place!!

Sitting in dead silence and normally I can hear the truck motor but I guess with the wife runing the lay dry in the next room is why.

Believe me I can hear and recognise the motor of a mailman truck and the ups and fed ex trucks when they drive by haha.

Also i was actually sitting in the living room in front of the window prob 5 mins before he got here. Just walked away to take some pic of an old pc boxed game a guy asked about on another forum.

So both times this has happend to me they did not sign the doorbell or knock. I've called and they come back. in fact every time ups comes by they never knock just leave the box.

Though last time the driver called and made sure I was there before turning around.. this time there was no call so I figured he wasn't coming back.

Happy now.. wife has family members coming over and I planned on being in the basement the rest of the day playing with the new card.. haha.. all good now.

Next time I hope I remember to just wait all freak. Day long by the door so this crap don't happen again.

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
dadnjesse
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:18:48 (permalink)
They always come back for me But sometimes I have to ask twice

Custom EK water cooled
Evga Z590 Dark
Water cooled Intel I9-11900k
Evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra  EK Quantum Water block
Evga P2 Platnium 1300 watt PSU
Samsung M.2 980 pro SSD 
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
G.Skill Trident Royal Elite 32 GB DDR4 4800
Asus Rog PG279Q 27" Monitor

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:21:40 (permalink)
dadnjesse
They always come back for me But sometimes I have to ask twice

My wife wanted me to call again but felt it was stupid to report the same thing twice.. she's all did you tell them that you wanted him to come back.. well no I didn't just come out and say that.. but I just assumed they would figure that out from me complaining about the fact that he didn't knock on the door!

Cajovsvet
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:24:51 (permalink)
gr82banautiger
QuintLeo
gr82banautiger
H-town

Yes but a gamer isn't nearly as likely to upgrade his GPU within a year as a miner is to buy an additional GPU during that year.

Gamer will not upgrade card for that price :) Miner will change/upgrade card every year cause he burn his card and take new cause here in EU is 2 years of warranty minimum.
post edited by Cajovsvet - 2018/01/30 13:28:48
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 13:31:39 (permalink)
:) I've been known to upgrade always when the next newest card cones out.

There's been a gape of 4 months in the past thst I went from quad 480s to quad 580s hehe.. all cause my build took 3 months to finish and I couldn't show it off to the world with old cards! Haha.. thst was my last show build.

I believe it wasn't thst many weeks later that I updated them to the 7990 and cards.

FBHERO
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:30:40 (permalink)
Congrats..  FedEx is better than UPS @ just about everything.   I am surprised he returned the same day.  Loads must be lighter since Xmas has pasted.  I once drove my neighborhood after UPS silent rang my package and took off. 
moiserean
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:39:49 (permalink)
AHowes

Quick question, what happens if I can't be home when the UPS deliverer is scheduled to drop my card off? The package needs to be signed for, so will they just come again the next day or something?
Mecan
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:42:10 (permalink)
My experience is that they will usually try to deliver it a couple days then you have to pick it up from one of there stores
H-town
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:43:15 (permalink)
moiserean
AHowes

Quick question, what happens if I can't be home when the UPS deliverer is scheduled to drop my card off? The package needs to be signed for, so will they just come again the next day or something?

It will either be held at the post office/UPS store or they can try and deliver another day. I believe with UPS you have the option.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:44:50 (permalink)
moiserean
AHowes

I'd call them and see if you can maybe just have them drop it or maybe deliver it with a neighbor if you know and trust them.. you could prob also ask them to just deliver the next day as well insted.

My tracking just updated after the failed attempt and stated that I would need to pick it up the next day at a access point and gave me a link to directions.

Anyways.. just call them and ask for operator ea time it asks you to select an option from the menu to speak to someone about reachedualling delivery if that's what you want.

Nineoxno
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:59:27 (permalink)
7 Thank for the information. Ir is very good
JLMS2010
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 770
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 14:59:40 (permalink)
Any stock tonight?

RIG 1: i5-8600K / Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 / EVGA GTX 1070 FTW / 16GB Corsair 3000MHz / 950 Pro 512GB M.2 / 850 Pro 1TB /  Phanteks Pro M Tempered / EVGA 750P2 / SGPC's cables / Dell U3415W Monitor

Heatware

Carbon-12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 15:02:00 (permalink)
JLMS2010
Any stock tonight?

Yeah come on Jacob open the flood gates. Let it rain!!

s10blazed
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 15:03:06 (permalink)
I'm itching for a 1070ti. 
Stealth3si
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/30 15:04:46 (permalink)
jjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbb

[URL=http://www.evga.com/regis...filiatecode=XL8QPA2M1H][/URL] 
Antec 300 Illusion Case █ EVGA Supernova 750W B2 █ ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer █ Intel i7-4790k (4.70Ghz @ 1.275V) █ Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler █ G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4x4GB) 1866Mhz CL9 █ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING █ Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 830 Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Green 1TB/2TB █ Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard █ Logitech G700s Rechargeable Mouse █ Dell S2716DGR 27" 1440p G-Sync █ Sony XBR55X900E 55" 4K HDR LED █ Sound Blaster Z > O2 Amp > Fostex Massdrop Th-X00 Custom Mod █ Denon AVR-X3300W > Ascend HTM-200 SE Bookshelf 5 Speakers █ Windows 10 Pro x64 AU > Ibik Aster Multi-seat Gaming
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 34 of 108
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile