EVGA

EVGA Titan X SC Gaming, Normal thermals and fan speed?

Author
Alexraptor
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/10/16 23:55:32 (permalink)
I just managed to get my hand on a refurbished EVGA Titan X SC GAMING card that is behaving a little bit different than from what I expected on paper.
It ramps up to about 4000 rpm under load (quite loud), the GPU clock boosts to above 1300+ (data sheet says 1216 MHz boost clock?), and the GPU temp caps out at about 72-73c (Don't these usually go up to 80-85c?)

Is this normal behavior for this graphics card, or am I dealing with a modified BIOS? I've never owned one before and since this is a second-hand card I don't have any reference for how it should behave out of the box.

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30878
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA Titan X SC Gaming, Normal thermals and fan speed? 2024/10/17 08:12:18 (permalink)
    Alexraptor
    I just managed to get my hand on a refurbished EVGA Titan X SC GAMING card that is behaving a little bit different than from what I expected on paper.
    It ramps up to about 4000 rpm under load (quite loud), the GPU clock boosts to above 1300+ (data sheet says 1216 MHz boost clock?), and the GPU temp caps out at about 72-73c (Don't these usually go up to 80-85c?)

Is this normal behavior for this graphics card, or am I dealing with a modified BIOS? I've never owned one before and since this is a second-hand card I don't have any reference for how it should behave out of the box.

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Nvidia Boost, can allow a card to clock higher than stock advertised speeds

Are you using EVGA X1 or MSI AB?  --> used to set fan curves, & adjust OC settings
    ---> if the last user had set changes other than default, they may have been saved to the GPU

GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility - TechPowerUp 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ 

EVGA Titan X BIOS, as found on TechPowerUp

BIOS?  ask seller, or check the card for BIOS info with software to see what is loaded

EVGA should be able to provide the correct Stock BIOS, just register the card & ask them

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile