EVGA

AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..536537538539540.. > >> Showing page 536 of 2018
Author
404ServerError
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:36:58 (permalink)
enewt
404ServerError
Sorry I’m new, but what’re these codes people are talking about when placing their order?

Certain folks have signed up to be Associates.  We get a code that we can give out to people.  My  is: 
VDN2319M4O569J4.  There are lots of other Associates in this thread, each with his or her own code.  When you use an Associate's Code at checkout, you get 5% off the purchase of the gpu.  I hope that helps explain codes.

Good luck on your hunt!

Ahh okay, thanks for the response!
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 263
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:40:38 (permalink)
GrandestFinale
cnnorrisjr
Jacob’s alt account just logged in.

Ok, NO. Stop that. I might be complaining myself but we are NOT gonna start attacking our own in here. We should have some standards in this thread for God's sake. Quit it.

It was a joke.
WaywardT
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:41:01 (permalink)
The thing I don't get is Jacob is the Global Product Management Director  --- read that GLOBAL and yet he still takes the time to answer tweets, posts updates in this thread.
And also helps all those people who don't check their emails etc. still get their cards, sometimes even DAYS after their invites.
I know there is some frustration, but I have been following this thread since the beginning and yes my first sign-up was on 9/16 - but all the negativity isn't going to help, don't we all have enough stress right now, holidays, 2020 overall?

Pick your battles everyone, other members trying to help out, and the one guy who could actually "lose" your order AKA Jacob and not care shouldn't be the focus of anger or attitudes.

Just this old man's opinion.
GrandestFinale
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:41:29 (permalink)
cnnorrisjr
It was a joke.

Yeah, sorry man, I've had a stick up my butt all day.
johnlambert
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:41:33 (permalink)
... and when there were no cards left ... They ate each other ...
WaywardT
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:42:13 (permalink)
cnnorrisjr
GrandestFinale
cnnorrisjr

Ok, NO. Stop that. I might be complaining myself but we are NOT gonna start attacking our own in here. We should have some standards in this thread for God's sake. Quit it.

It was a joke.

That post wasn't directed directly at you... just seems the thread is spiraling a little.

ctiger2
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:42:25 (permalink)
The demand for these high performance cards is just insane. All the crypto miners are buying them up!
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:42:45 (permalink)
GrandestFinale
Yeah, sorry man, I've had a stick up my butt all day.

No problem. I read his comment differently than you,
brrraddd2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:43:13 (permalink)
GrandestFinale
Hybrids were a terrible idea, I hate them. So many more people who have been waiting diligently could've had actual cards in hand by now, but greed wins out again.

Greed? You have got to be joking or you are clueless.. It costs $110-120 for the hybrid cooler kit if you purchase separately. A fan XC3 costs $770 for the same boost clock. A FTW costs $810 for the same boost clock speed. They are essentially losing money.... 
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:43:56 (permalink)
WaywardT
cnnorrisjr
GrandestFinale
cnnorrisjr

It was a joke.

That post wasn't directed directly at you... just seems the thread is spiraling a little.

I am merely pointing my comment was not meant to be taken seriously. I should have added an emoji or something.
vndragonslayer1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 213
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:44:26 (permalink)
salemthecaz
Larac
EVGA will just keep making new models it looks like, and never backfill the orders from the start.

They could have easily sent notice that the hybrid was coming do you want to upgrade to it for the total cost of X.

But no they decided to open more queues they will add cards to once or twice and then move on to the 3881a, which replaces the 3881,  new queue for it opens on such and such date, then marketing gets to show how well they are at driving web site hits.

EVGA had a good idea, then it feels like the Marketing group decided to exploit it.
When you give hope then crush it, does more damage than never giving hope at all.

Good Luck all,
The 4080 does look like a great card.

It’s pretty unfair. Lots of folks been waiting since launch day which is 3 months since then, still haven’t gotten any cards thru notify system yet they’ve been selling several hybrid cards that released 3 months later and stop the production of the old ones especially xc3 black and gaming to fulfill more expensive cards. That’s not how a queue system is supposed to be like.

evga is a business and not a charity.
Shrilla
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:44:59 (permalink)
Did we get any real movement in the 3888's today, or are we still in the 9:08 minute?
zxrax
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:45:07 (permalink)
The amount of entitlement on display in this thread is mind-boggling... you all know they're just people, and that this is one of the most stressful, painful product launches any of them will deal with in multiple lifetimes right? Not to mention the continuing global pandemic affecting their work and personal lives. NVIDIA dropped the ball here. I'm sorry you're not able to give EVGA your $800 or whatever, and I'm sure EVGA isn't too happy about it either because it also costs them money. I'm also sure that EVGA is well aware that the queuing system they designed and built in just a few weeks in response to overwhelming demand, ridiculous supply constraints, and bots & scalpers isn't perfect. But being rude, fatalistic, and hyperbolizing isn't making the queue move any faster. Be respectful and conscientious. Criticism is only helpful when it's constructive.
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:46:14 (permalink)
salemthecaz
Larac
EVGA will just keep making new models it looks like, and never backfill the orders from the start.

They could have easily sent notice that the hybrid was coming do you want to upgrade to it for the total cost of X.

But no they decided to open more queues they will add cards to once or twice and then move on to the 3881a, which replaces the 3881,  new queue for it opens on such and such date, then marketing gets to show how well they are at driving web site hits.

EVGA had a good idea, then it feels like the Marketing group decided to exploit it.
When you give hope then crush it, does more damage than never giving hope at all.

Good Luck all,
The 4080 does look like a great card.

It’s pretty unfair. Lots of folks been waiting since launch day which is 3 months since then, still haven’t gotten any cards thru notify system yet they’ve been selling several hybrid cards that released 3 months later and stop the production of the old ones especially xc3 black and gaming to fulfill more expensive cards. That’s not how a queue system is supposed to be like.

Guys... do you understand how engineering and production works? You reserve time for stuff to be made well in advanced. You don't think they had a order submitted for Hybrids to run on an assembly line months in advanced? Indeed they did. 

You think you can just go "Hey, stop making those, and make these!" It's more than likely that the hybrid orders were already being produced and assembled before this whole notification system started. For them to just put a pause and change up on things while other customers are waiting in line to get stuff made is nearly impossible. 

Imagine you're in line at a grocery store with all your ingredients. ASUS, MSI and other card vendors are checking out with stuff they need fabricated too like heatsinks, plastic moldings, etc. Then you get a text from your wife to leave your place in line to get different ingredients that are all limited. Yeah good luck. 

That being said, it's highly unlikely the Hybrids caused immediate shortages because they were probably in production in full force afterwards. 
post edited by KingEngineRevUp - 2020/12/16 14:48:52
ctiger2
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:46:28 (permalink)
Patience is a virtue!
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:47:00 (permalink)
johnlambert
... and when there were no cards left ... They ate each other ...

“What are we? Humans? Or animals?”

#end quote, since someone might take this literally#
ctn2mb
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:48:25 (permalink)
how long is the current wait for the 3080 hybrids?
illregal
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:49:44 (permalink)
3090 ftw3 ultra in stock at walmart boys

and gone.. 
sorry boys
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:50:38 (permalink)
ctn2mb

Your wait depends on where you landed in the queue. If you are in the first few minutes, your wait is short.
WaywardT
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:50:44 (permalink)

"I am merely pointing my comment was not meant to be taken seriously. I should have added an emoji or something."

That actually made me laugh, it's been a rough morning in the thread for a lot of people.

I am there with you guys, I signed up on 12 queues as well, and I am mere minutes away on last week's hybrid queue, and less than 2 minutes from today's.

We all want the cards we signed up for, and eventually we will all get them.

Everyone take care and be safe, and Happy Holidays!

Abick869
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:52:05 (permalink)
ctn2mb
prolly months
Straykatt
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 196
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:52:52 (permalink)
rcosika
Good evening, All!

Like most of you, I have been patiently waiting and watching to see when I will have a chance to get my hands on a new 3080 card.  This is actually my first forum post, and I feel compelled to reply because I am absolutely shocked at some of the comments.  OMG.

First of all, we should all be very thankful that EVGA even offers this service.  I have regularly checked the normal online retailers, but simply don't have time to sit around all day hitting F5 while waiting for non-existent stock to appear.  And while I have the means, I will not even think about just giving in and paying scalper prices.  No one should.  All that does is encourage that sort of 'get-rich-quick' mentality.  In all reality, no one actually needs a 30xx graphics card...no one.  It's a luxury item if ever there was one.  Clearly, though, a lot of us really want one, which is great.  But, please just relax and be patient.  

Unfortunately, the reality is that supply is limited.  Believe me, if EVGA could fulfill an order to each and every one of us, they most certainly would.  But this business of trying to justify being moved from one queue to another just because some move faster than others is utter nonsense.  I signed up for the cards I wanted and could afford.  Hopefully you did as well.  When it becomes available, and it is your turn, then you'll get a chance to buy it.  It does not matter why one queue moves faster than another.  Maybe there are issues with the air-cooled OC's cards that still need resolution; maybe the hybrids are more; heck, maybe there is a world-wide shortage of fans?  Whatever.  You'll just have to wait your turn like everyone else.  So, please stop complaining and be glad that EVGA even has this system.  Sheesh.

That being said, I cannot say enough about the near-heroic efforts of members like enewt, who have done so much to provide valuable information for the rest of us.  Yes, there is a tangible benefit with the Associates Codes but it still takes a crap ton of time and effort to scan and compile all this data.  Bravo, Sir!  And thank you very much!  

I really like EVGA cards, and am looking forward to this next generation of GPUs.  But if it takes another week, or a month, then so be it - at least I'll get a chance to get one without all the stress of trying to purchase one through regular retail channels.  So, thanks to EVGA for that - very nice of you to help ensure that real customers get these cards.

One last comment, and then I am done.  There is no magic answer to the question:  "So, dude, here's when I signed up, so like, when am I gonna get my card?"  Please, please, please read the darn thread and look at enewt's data...that will give you the answer.  And if you are not within a few seconds/minutes of the current date/time stamp, well, it's probably going to be a while.  Sheesh.

Alright, I'm getting off the soapbox now...I just had to vent at some of this nonsense that clogs up the thread.  Best wishes to all and good luck on your GPU quest!  Patience and persistence is the key.  And thanks again to enewt and EVGA!  

I like what you said here, I support eVGA 100% until I'm blue in the face. Albeit there comes a point where you can see a trend. Literally 90+ days has passed and not one meaningful drop of Xc3 gaming cards since noon the day before launch date (my spot in queue). Hopefully the big wigs at eVGA can see a lot of us have been waiting out here for a long time and even though no one wants to say it the reality is were not going to see our cards come to fruition or a reasonable time frame. In that case why not move us from the gaming and black queues to one of the ultra spots so at the end of the day at least we know we will obtain a card sooner or later then not at all. 
GrandestFinale
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:53:07 (permalink)
You know what, everyone's right. I've been letting all this stress get to me and I've been posting from a very bad place in my mind. Sorry.
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:54:12 (permalink)
Abick869
ctn2mb
prolly months

Years for me. 9:11 am. 🤣🤣
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:57:20 (permalink)
WaywardT

"I am merely pointing my comment was not meant to be taken seriously. I should have added an emoji or something."

That actually made me laugh, it's been a rough morning in the thread for a lot of people.

I am there with you guys, I signed up on 12 queues as well, and I am mere minutes away on last week's hybrid queue, and less than 2 minutes from today's.

We all want the cards we signed up for, and eventually we will all get them.

Everyone take care and be safe, and Happy Holidays!

I am glad you laughed, I am trying to add a bit of humor to this stressful situation.
Samg381
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:57:41 (permalink)
PLEASE do something about the 3881 EVGA. I've referred countless friends and now-loyal customers to you. Please don't let me down.
cnnorrisjr
iCX Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:58:53 (permalink)
illregal
3090 ftw3 ultra in stock at Walmart boys

and gone.. 
sorry boys

Newegg is the same. Best Buy has been good.
KingEngineRevUp
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1030
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 14:59:36 (permalink)
Straykatt

I like what you said here, I support eVGA 100% until I'm blue in the face. Albeit there comes a point where you can see a trend. Literally 90+ days has passed and not one meaningful drop of Xc3 gaming cards since noon the day before launch date (my spot in queue). Hopefully the big wigs at eVGA can see a lot of us have been waiting out here for a long time and even though no one wants to say it the reality is were not going to see our cards come to fruition or a reasonable time frame. In that case why not move us from the gaming and black queues to one of the ultra spots so at the end of the day at least we know we will obtain a card sooner or later then not at all. 

These cards are made and assembled in Asia. They probably had waves of XC3s made, then those were sent all through Sept and November to the US, while they were being sent the hybrids were made and sent in late November and December. Now they're probably producing more XC3s and those will be on boats on their way here. 

It's not like EVGA can turn back the clock and turn time back. By the time the queue for the XC3 filled up the way it did, the Hybrids were probably all in the middle of their production cycle. So the convenience of just suddenly stopping the production line to switch it up makes no sense business wise. 

Like someone said, EVGA is a business, not a charity. We're lucky they even interact and do the things they do. Does ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte do the same? I don't think so. 
drewski989
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 657
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 15:01:04 (permalink)
zxrax
The amount of entitlement on display in this thread is mind-boggling... you all know they're just people, and that this is one of the most stressful, painful product launches any of them will deal with in multiple lifetimes right? Not to mention the continuing global pandemic affecting their work and personal lives. NVIDIA dropped the ball here. I'm sorry you're not able to give EVGA your $800 or whatever, and I'm sure EVGA isn't too happy about it either because it also costs them money. I'm also sure that EVGA is well aware that the queuing system they designed and built in just a few weeks in response to overwhelming demand, ridiculous supply constraints, and bots & scalpers isn't perfect. But being rude, fatalistic, and hyperbolizing isn't making the queue move any faster. Be respectful and conscientious. Criticism is only helpful when it's constructive.

Yep, it is pretty sickening.  If you apply yourself and are willing to be a little less picky, cards are not impossible.  Fighting over random drops is luck and chaos, that is way more frustrating than an actual system in place.  The queue is a system, not perfect, but better than the Hungry Hungry Hippos stuff everyone else is making you do. 

As for "fair", that's a ridiculous complaint.  Something tells me the same people would view "fair" as whatever criteria got them cards.  I signed up before noon on 9.17, I had to wait until mid-November, 2 full months to get my card, those are the breaks.  Nothing is stopping people from signing up for hybrids and choosing those instead if they come in first.

If you picked a low stock SKU in September/October, you have every right to be stubborn and wait, or you can be flexible and continue to sign up for other queues.  It is not a commitment to buy, it is merely a place in line, and not all lines move at the same speed.  

illregal
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/12/16 15:04:59 (permalink)
cnnorrisjr
illregal
3090 ftw3 ultra in stock at Walmart boys

and gone.. 
sorry boys

Newegg is the same. Best Buy has been good.

Can't ever get past the cart at best buy.  Never had any luck at all on newegg.

I was just doing my 2-6 times daily check on some sites.  Decided to try walmart, said 2 in stock, hurry... 
Didn't really need or want to pay for a 3090.  But not waitin is better than waitin.  
Got the order through.
Page: << < ..536537538539540.. > >> Showing page 536 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile