Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2017/01/09 21:40:26 (permalink)
I was checking out Paul's Hardware video showing EVGA upcoming products, looks like EVGA wants some feedback on it's upcoming DG-7 Mid Tower Case.

Dear EVGA, the 5.25 bay is not dead. You limited the number of potential customers by not having any 5.25 bay slots. Take a page out of Lian-Li and Corsair book, don't put the company name all over the case or the model #, that just looks tacky. 
MDeckerM
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1799
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/09 21:56:08 (permalink)
5 1/4 bay is not dead but its definitely in hospice.

I wouldnt mind a removable 5 1/4 bay but personally I dont buy cases that have them.

What do you use your optical bay's for primarily? 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/09 22:32:54 (permalink)
EVGATech_MDecker
5 1/4 bay is not dead but its definitely in hospice.

I wouldnt mind a removable 5 1/4 bay but personally I dont buy cases that have them.

What do you use your optical bay's for primarily? 

My current system i have a optical drive (bluray burner) and a fan controller. 5.25 bays are far from being in hospice, all the top case mfg continue to make cases with them. If there wasn't a demand, mfg wouldn't be making products with it.
evgauser28764
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/10 02:21:38 (permalink)

there is a design fault in the front of the case. 
mounting 140mm fans to the front of the case will generate serious noise because airflows from the left side and right side are blocked. you better have a large cut out for 140mm fan or at least have some ventilation holes to let the side airflow to move.

check the phanteks enthoo pro m or enthoo evlov atx, phanteks has got the same issue. but, later, this issue has been fixed on p400s.

rain2o
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/10 17:11:46 (permalink)
It's a midtower case dude. Most midtowers now  do not have 5 1/4 bays    you want 5 1/4 bays get something else or get a bigger case       thing is every case has a purpose   every case has  specifics to certain consumers     there are A LOT     LOT   LOT  more consumers looking for cases without 5 1/4 bays      then the number of consumers who are.  My z170 deluxe has 7 pwm fan headers    i use software (speedfan)  for my fans       some nzxt and fractal cases come with pwm splitters     these asus z270 boards are coming with massive amounts of pwm  headers    ppl dont need fan controllers anymore       if you need a case that supports it    either A: your system is downright OLD and doesnt need a case of this caliber to make it look better     nothing will help    or B: you need a different case    optical drives are   very clode to dead and they have externals  and again    like i said before    more ppl r looking for something like this than optical support    this case simply is not aimed toward those consumers     find one that is    saying they are narrowing their market by not adding features 1 in every 1,000 ppl are looking for is flat out ignorant.
rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/10 17:16:31 (permalink)
This case is sick A F    and probably the next case I will buy   as MANY MANY more ppl are looking for water cooling/radiator support than 5 1/4 bays   neener neener  neeeeeeeeeeeeennneeerrrrrr       **** 5 1/4 bays   they are downright inconvenient and usless for the modern ENTHUSIAST 

rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/10 17:28:54 (permalink)
Evga     I think the case is downright sick    I personally do not like glass on more side than one     i also am not the biggest fan of tempered glass because a lot of time it is dark    the glass you have here is dark   i personally think  yoi should sell it with options   if someone orders directly from your website they should get the option of how dark or light the glass will be    some tempered glass is awesome    i also think you should put in a pwm splitter    and    i really think you should do what some ppl are doing and make the side behind the motherboard WIDE ENOUGH TO MOUNT 3.5  IN HDD'S     I HAVE A 3 AND A 4 TB HDD    I DON'T LIKE HAVING TO PUT THEM IN MY CASE WHERE WATER COOLING THINGS GO      MAKE IT WIDE ENOUGH TO MOUNT THEM THE SAME WAY SSD'S ARE BEING  MOUNTED NOW    PLEASE     I WANT THIS CASE     WITH LIGHTER  EASIER TO SEE THRU GLASS    AND SUPPORT FOR 3.5 IN DRIVES TO BE MOUNTED VERTICALLY BEHIND THE MOTHERBOARD/RIGHT HAND SIDE 
SethH
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 228
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/11 09:30:36 (permalink)
The front of the DG-87 case is poor if you're using 3 fans. The EVGA plastic cover in the front at the bottom gives 0 airflow for the bottom fan. It renders it useless almost. Not to mention the fact that the filter is EXTREMELY dense and the way the panel "shapes" airflow reduces it insanely. I have 3 of the Corsair ML140 Pro's there and if I unclick the panel and pull it off, the airflow increases at least 5x (even compared to removing the air filter).

It looks cool aesthetically but no so much performance-wise.

September 2016 Build Specs:
CPU: i7-6950X @ 4.4Ghz - 1.32V
Mobo: EVGA X99 FTW K
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz C14 Memory (F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ)
Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3
CPU Cooler: EKWB Custom Loop (updating soon)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200P2
Case: EVGA DG-87
Fans: 3x Corsair ML120 Pro Blue, 5x Corsair ML140 Pro Blue
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Sandisk 240GB, 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" HDD (generic Seagate), WD Black 5TB
Monitor: ASUS PG279Q - 1440p, 165Hz, G-sync
Keyboard: G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780 RGB (Cherry MX blues)
Mouse: EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon
rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/11 18:45:19 (permalink)
Ya those cases are pretty much designed for front mounted radiators. Not front intake fans. And when you have a front mounted rad in a case like that with no front ventilation you have the rad fans on the inside of the rad not the outside and you have them pushing air into the rad not attempting to pull air when there is no ventilation       you have them set up in a push config  drawing air that is actually coming into the case from the top and being pushed into the radiator mounted on the inside of it. Then you use your rear exhaust and your top fans as intake
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/11 18:46:30 (permalink)
rain2o
It's a midtower case dude. Most midtowers now  do not have 5 1/4 bays    you want 5 1/4 bays get something else or get a bigger case       thing is every case has a purpose   every case has  specifics to certain consumers     there are A LOT     LOT   LOT  more consumers looking for cases without 5 1/4 bays      then the number of consumers who are.  My z170 deluxe has 7 pwm fan headers    i use software (speedfan)  for my fans       some nzxt and fractal cases come with pwm splitters     these asus z270 boards are coming with massive amounts of pwm  headers    ppl dont need fan controllers anymore       if you need a case that supports it    either A: your system is downright OLD and doesnt need a case of this caliber to make it look better     nothing will help    or B: you need a different case    optical drives are   very clode to dead and they have externals  and again    like i said before    more ppl r looking for something like this than optical support    this case simply is not aimed toward those consumers     find one that is    saying they are narrowing their market by not adding features 1 in every 1,000 ppl are looking for is flat out ignorant.

It's hard to read what you wrote. Lots of midtower cases still come with 5.25 bays. You can go check out Corsair, Cooler Master and Lian Li mid towers, i bet you will see over 70% of them come with 5.25 bays. Not every micro case comes with a 5.25 bay. Guess what, no one is forced to use a 5.25 bay if the case has one. 

Buying an external blue-ray optical drive, when you already have a internal one that works perfect, that is a complete waste of money.  

rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/11 22:28:42 (permalink)
Well I'm not gonna argue with you dude. But no, not over 70 percent of midtower cases put out in the last year or even two have 5.25 bays. I have the Corsair Carbide 400c. No 5.25 bays. Especially Lian LI bro. In the last year or two far less than half of Corsair and Lian Li Midtowers have 5.25 bays. The same point you just made could be made for the other side. Guess what, no one is forced to buy it if they don't want to. Raidiator/water cooling support has far superceded  5.25 inch bay support. Period. Why don't you try going to these company's websites dude before you argue something you are clearly behind the times about? I'm telling you bro  2016/2017    far less than 70 percent, far less than half of company's like Lian LI, Corsair, Phanteks have strayed away from 5.25.  Even Fractal Design at least their Define series has stopped 5.25 inch bay drives in place of front rad support. Dude seriously idk what you are talking about Full Tower cases right now are the main places you see that still. Do some homework, then read my other post about how well over 70 percent of modern Enthusiasts and Pc builders alike prefer rad/water cooling support over 5.25 bays. That is not am estimate that is fact. Just do some quick searches and try and come up with some rough percentages of people who have bought all in one water cooling loops in the last 13-19 months compared to air coolers and you will see just from that alone that the water cooling movement along with support for it has rendered the 5.25 bay in mid tower cases damn near obsolete. That and the number of pwm fan headers on current motherboards are in vast numbers. Every motherboard company now provides software suites that have fan controlling/tuning software in their suites. Every all in one liquid cooler has software to control their rad fans as well. People don't need that stuff anymore and yes absolutely 100 percent IT IS MUCH MUCH MORE WIDELY AVAILABLE ON FULL TOWER CASES THAN MID TOWER CASES NOW. Evga is not stupid. They make high end enthusiast products. Even they now are making full liquid cooling loops for gpus and cpus. Even quick release ones. This is what the majority of people are looking for now. Period. I don't know whether to offer you a tissue or a book. Get some knowledge, do some homework, and get an idea of the things you're talking about. I'm not writing a publicized article, I shouldn't have to incorporate full and proper punctuation and grammer for an adult to understand what is being said. What I said is you are flat out wrong. No company is making a mistake getting rid of 5.25 inch bays in their mid tower case. Everyone is doing it and the percentage of people who are actually looking for 5.25 inch bays in mid tower cases in well under ten. I really hope you don't let (edit by Mod - TOS issue).
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 08:28:03
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/11 22:39:20 (permalink)
One 5.24 bay is good. I still use an optical drive. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 00:16:17 (permalink)
rain2o
Well I'm not gonna argue with you dude. But no, not over 70 percent of midtower cases put out in the last year or even two have 5.25 bays. I have the Corsair Carbide 400c. No 5.25 bays. Especially Lian LI bro. In the last year or two far less than half of Corsair and Lian Li Midtowers have 5.25 bays. The same point you just made could be made for the other side. Guess what, no one is forced to buy it if they don't want to. Raidiator/water cooling support has far superceded  5.25 inch bay support. Period. Why don't you try going to these company's websites dude before you argue something you are clearly behind the times about? I'm telling you bro  2016/2017    far less than 70 percent, far less than half of company's like Lian LI, Corsair, Phanteks have strayed away from 5.25.  Even Fractal Design at least their Define series has stopped 5.25 inch bay drives in place of front rad support. Dude seriously idk what you are talking about Full Tower cases right now are the main places you see that still. Do some homework, then read my other post about how well over 70 percent of modern Enthusiasts and Pc builders alike prefer rad/water cooling support over 5.25 bays. That is not am estimate that is fact. Just do some quick searches and try and come up with some rough percentages of people who have bought all in one water cooling loops in the last 13-19 months compared to air coolers and you will see just from that alone that the water cooling movement along with support for it has rendered the 5.25 bay in mid tower cases damn near obsolete. That and the number of pwm fan headers on current motherboards are in vast numbers. Every motherboard company now provides software suites that have fan controlling/tuning software in their suites. Every all in one liquid cooler has software to control their rad fans as well. People don't need that stuff anymore and yes absolutely 100 percent IT IS MUCH MUCH MORE WIDELY AVAILABLE ON FULL TOWER CASES THAN MID TOWER CASES NOW. Evga is not stupid. They make high end enthusiast products. Even they now are making full liquid cooling loops for gpus and cpus. Even quick release ones. This is what the majority of people are looking for now. Period. I don't know whether to offer you a tissue or a book. Get some knowledge, do some homework, and get an idea of the things you're talking about. I'm not writing a publicized article, I shouldn't have to incorporate full and proper punctuation and grammer for an adult to understand what is being said. What I said is you are flat out wrong. No company is making a mistake getting rid of 5.25 inch bays in their mid tower case. Everyone is doing it and the percentage of people who are actually looking for 5.25 inch bays in mid tower cases in well under ten. I really hope you don't let (edit by Mod - TOS issue).

Holy wall of text. Do you not know how to use the ENTER key once in awhile to break up that wall of text. Makes it a pain for people to read it. 

You talk about some knowledge yet you failed to go look at Corsair Obsidian Series or Graphite Series cases. ALL of them have 5.25 bays and are very popular cases. Cooler master and Lian Li have all kinds of cases with 5.25bays too. The industry for 5.25bay accessories is still very strong. People still like easy to use card readers, internal optical drive, digital fan controllers etc. Not everyone can afford custom water cooling setup or wants the hassle of one. 

My feedback was to let evga know lots of people still use 5.25 bay. 

*edit* (adding images)

Coolermaster MasterCase Series MidTowers (with 5.25 bays)

MasterBox 5 Series Midtowers (modular case design, customers can purchase 5.25 bay if they wish)

Other Midtowers cases by CoolerMaster that have 5.25 bays and even a NEW one

post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 08:29:33
ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6130
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 00:23:11 (permalink)
The one major flaw of my DG-87 case for me is no 5.25 bay.

I would love to have a 5.25 bay in my EVGA case.

rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 01:47:32 (permalink)
Then buy one of those. Seriously. For one, the Obisian and graphite series are an older line of cases. These are not new. I specifically said within the last 13-19 months meaning the second half of 2015 and forward. Which is pretty much Skylake and forward. For two, looks to me like Cooler Master is all you came up with for new. For 3, the big thing you did not mention in order to try and make yourself look smart or ahead in this debate is the cm 590 III   is version 3. "A new take on an old favorite" is exactly what it says. And then three different color schemes of the same model case above that.

And no your feedback to Evga was they were limiting the number of customers who would buy them if they didn't put 5.25 bays in there. This is what their forth case?  They are not Cooler Master or Corsair. Then you said all the top manufacturers still make blah blah blah. No dude not so much. These case series you are bringing up are old lines of cases. And companies who make several different cases. Some lines aimed towards certain people. other lines aimed towards other people. Evga aims their products towards a certain group of people. Their own Tech replied to you and said certainly in hospice. What does that mean to you? I have actually given you a number of factual reasons why a HIGHER PERCENTAGE of people do not care about 5.25 inch bays then the percentage who do. That is fact. No it's not dead. But a very SMALL percentage of people are looking for MID tower cases with 5.25 bay support. Period. That is what I am saying to you, that is what I said from the start.

No one can limit the number of people who will buy their product when they make their product for a certain set of people. That makes no sense. Okay yes, absolutely they are limiting the number of potential people who would maybe possibly spend 150 plus on a Mid Tower case with a full windowed side panel (that most and again I said MOST not all people do not want a 5.25 inch bay showing in their window) by not making removable 5.25 inch bays. But to refresh on your comment earlier anout all top manufacturers making cases with 5.25 inch bays. Then clearly proving for me that even those companies make lines without that support as well, this company is no different. Get the Hadron cases if you want that.

Plain and simple fact, the demand for 5,25 inch bays in Mid Tower or any tower for that matter is diminishing. Period. There is no argument. Less and less people are populating 5.25 inch bays. Sorry you're upset the world does not revolve around you. And sorry you can't afford Premium products but cry somewhere else because you can not and will not prove otherwise. Just disc alone are almost obsolete. They don't sell for nothing, so have a nice night there isn't one thing you've said that has any validity behind it.   The DG line isn't aimed toward 5.25 bay support. Every company you have listed makes various lines of products. Some with 5.25 support, some without. This is no different. DG isn't 5.25. So really what you're saying makes no sense.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/01/12 02:30:47
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 02:32:01 (permalink)
Hey rain2o stop using foul language on the evga forums. Thanks.

Read the evga forums tos too... http://forums.evga.com/EV...erms-of-Use-m4682.aspx
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 02:52:56 (permalink)
rain2o
Then buy one of those. Seriously. For one, the Obisian and graphite series are an older line of cases. These are not new. I specifically said within the last 13-19 months meaning the second half of 2015 and forward. Which is pretty much Skylake and forward. For two, looks to me like Cooler Master is all you came up with for new. For 3, the big thing you did not mention in order to try and make yourself look smart or ahead in this debate is the cm 590 III   is version 3. "A new take on an old favorite" is exactly what it says. And then three different color schemes of the same model case above that.

And no your feedback to Evga was they were limiting the number of customers who would buy them if they didn't put 5.25 bays in there. This is what their forth case?  They are not Cooler Master or Corsair. Then you said all the top manufacturers still make blah blah blah. No dude not so much. These case series you are bringing up are old lines of cases. And companies who make several different cases. Some lines aimed towards certain people. other lines aimed towards other people. Evga aims their products towards a certain group of people. Their own Tech replied to you and said certainly in hospice. What does that mean to you? I have actually given you a number of factual reasons why a HIGHER PERCENTAGE of people do not care about 5.25 inch bays then the percentage who do. That is fact. No it's not dead. But a very SMALL percentage of people are looking for MID tower cases with  5.25 bay support. Period. That is what I am saying to you, that is what I said from the start.

No one can limit the number of people who will buy their product when they make their product for a certain set of people. That makes no sense. Okay yes, absolutely they are limiting the number of potential people who would maybe possibly spend 150 plus on a Mid Tower case with a full windowed side panel (that most and again I said MOST not all people do not want a 5.25 inch bay showing in their window) by not making removable 5.25 inch bays. But to refresh on your comment earlier anout all top manufacturers making cases with 5.25 inch bays. Then clearly proving for me that even those companies make lines without that support as well, this company is no different. Get the Hadron cases if you want that.

Plain and simple fact, the demand for 5,25 inch bays in Mid Tower or any tower for that matter is diminishing. Period. There is no argument. Less and less people are populating 5.25 inch bays. Sorry you're upset the world does not revolve around you. And sorry you can't afford Premium products but cry somewhere else because you can not and will not prove otherwise. Just disc alone are almost obsolete. They don't sell for  so have a nice night there isn't one thing you've said that has any validity behind it.   The DG line isn't aimed toward 5.25 bay support. Every company you have listed makes various lines of products. Some with 5.25 support, some without. This is no different. DG isn't 5.25. So really what you're saying makes no sense.

The Hadron doesn't have a 5.25 bay, plus i don't consider it to be a premium case. I didn't claim all the top case mfg don't make cases without a 5.25 bay, that was YOU. If only a small percentage of people were looking for mid/full tower cases with 5.25 bays, we wouldn't see so many of them still on the market. Corsair and CoolerMaster not in the business of making products that don't sell.

EVGA DG-7 is still being designed. Giving evga feedback that people still like to use 5.25 bay, they might do like CoolerMaster, design the case in a way that allows the option for one.  It's possible to do it without compromising the look of the case. 

Funny that you think i can't afford a "premium" $150ish case. 

loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 07:59:32 (permalink)
rain2o

It's on you to disbale email notifications, it is not their jobs. No swearing in the forums, period, not allowed in any form.
post edited by loveha - 2017/01/12 08:23:36

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30995
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 08:18:13 (permalink)
EVGA Forums Terms of Use ----http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=4682

Repeat offenders can be Ban

Please read and follow the rules that you had to agree to in order to join the EVGA Forums
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 08:35:17

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 08:40:24 (permalink)
OK lets be respectful of other members opinions
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 08:41:33

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

SM-71
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 292
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 09:36:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MSim 2017/01/13 16:18:59
MSim

Dear EVGA, the 5.25 bay is not dead. You limited the number of potential customers by not having any 5.25 bay slots. 

Agree.  Unless someone comes up with a 3.5" Blu-Ray that has = or better storage capacity over their full-sized counterparts, I will continue to keep a Blu-Ray burner in all of my PC's for the foreseeable future & in my editing rig, I usually have two.  

As for the case pictured, like some aspects & hate others....

Rebuild 2.0 Specs:  Phantek's Enthoo Pro Full Tower case * Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 motherboard * Intel i9-13900KS CPU with Kraken X63 AIO * WIN 11 PRO 64bit * MSI 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio GPU * Corsair Vengeance 64GB(4x16GB) RAM * Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Win11 Pro) + Intel 665p 1TB M.2 NVMe (storage) + Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe (storage) + Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVMe (Ubuntu) * Seasonic Vertex GX-1200 1200W ATX 3.0 PSU * Samsung 50 inch QN90A 4K TV/monitor * FANS: Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm front intake + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC 140mm exhaust on Kraken X63 radiator + 1 Noctua NF-A12 120mm rear intake
rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 09:46:59 (permalink)
Omg    look at these new IN Win cases with no 5.25 bays        have a good day now sir.
Well it didn't let me post the link but you tube channel Gamers Nexux   published today.
Video is called      In Win 301 Mini-itx, 303 Type-c, & Medieval Metal Cases
Just copy that and paste in you tube search and it'll pop right up. 

post edited by rain2o - 2017/01/12 09:51:49
rain2o
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 09:58:53 (permalink)
I did disable email notifications . I mean if you wanna really insist I don't do it I am adult and won't but I guess I was expecting way more out of you other adults when I thought there was a maturity level that exceeded that of a 12 year old. this (**) is not swearing nor foul language. But whatever, this is why this is literally the only thread I have posted in on your forums. I love your products and will continue to buy them. I love my gtx 1080 Ftw Hybrid but your forums need a serious overhaul. I am  a member on a few different forums, all of which I and other members have used the occasional  ** in our posts without an issue ever. But like I said, it won't happen again. But next time pm me when you have a concern. That is what a professional does. Don't approach me in a thread. When I am at work if I have an issue with one of my crew members I pull them into the office. I don't bring things up in front of others. Try that etiquette on for size.
post edited by rain2o - 2017/01/12 10:04:06
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 10:02:20 (permalink)
rain2o
I did disable email notifications . I mean if you wanna really insist I don't do it I am adult and won't but I guess I was expecting way more out of you other adults when I thought there was a maturity level that exceeded that of a 12 year old. this (**) is not swearing nor foul language. But whatever, this is why this is literally the only thread I have posted in on your forums. I love your products and will continue to buy them. I love my gtx 1080 Ftw Hybrid but your forums need a serious overhaul. I am  a member on a few different forums, all of which I and other members have used the occasional  ** in our posts without an issue ever.

TOS excerpts (link in earlier Post)

- this is a family-friendly website

NOTE: You must agree to these terms on a regular basis to use the EVGA Forums

- By posting in these forums, you agree to follow any and all directions and/or instructions given by Administrators and Moderators.  Content may be removed and posts can be locked without warning or explanation for material posted that is deemed inappropriate by the Administrators or Moderators.

- Moreover, using acronyms or censoring the word by use of characters to mask profanity or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

Inappropriate Language - The EVGA forums are family-friendly.  Many members have children who also view these forums, and these forums are intended to be accommodating to them, as well.  Profanity is not permitted in pictures or posts on the forums and will earn a warning if posted. Discussion of bodily functions, whether vulgar or humorous, is inappropriate for these forums.  Moreover, using acronyms or censoring the word by use of characters to mask profanity or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated.  This applies to text, pictures, videos, or any external links contained in a post.  Finally, users whose usernames containing inappropriate language or references to illegal activity will be given a chance to change their username, or it will be changed for them.
Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum.  Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 10:06:29

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/12 11:00:20 (permalink)
rain2o
But next time pm me when you have a concern. That is what a professional does. Don't approach me in a thread. When I am at work if I have an issue with one of my crew members I pull them into the office. I don't bring things up in front of others. Try that etiquette on for size.

Your a new user.

If you could have been reached by PM, I would have used it

Check your settings
--- User Control Panel
--- Edit Profile - tab
--- Feature Preferences  ---> go to bottom ---> Under - Private Message Preference

Is "Allow others to send me PM" checked to turn it On ?

Lets move On
post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/01/12 11:10:01

papajag
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/13 15:47:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MSim 2017/01/13 16:18:41
5 1/4 bay is dying, but people do still use it. I personally don't use them anymore since everything is almost all available digitally now.

Feedback on the case:
1. 2x 360 radiator support or 420 either way I don't mind
2. Multiple reservoir and pump mount options
3. Some sort of addon to prevent graphic card sagging
4. USB 3.1(or 3.0) with 1 USB Type C and 1 or 2 Type A
5. Only one panel tempered glass only. No one wants to see my cables on the other side. Also less tint on the glass.
6. DG-7 logo on the tempered glass can go
7. Metal inside so magnetic LEDs work with it
8. Cut out on the bottom of the motherboard for those headers(DG-87 didn't have this and I had to rout the cables all the way from the bottom of the case)
9. RGB eveything
post edited by papajag - 2017/01/13 15:53:06

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz 
CPU Cooler:Custom Water Loop with 2x 420 Radiators
MB: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X
MEM: Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB DDR3 2400
Storage: Samsung EVO 500GB + 1TB/Sandisk
             Ultra II 960GB/Crucial MX300
             750GB/Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1200 G2
CASE: EVGA DG-87

btodd1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/13 16:45:21 (permalink)
MSim
I was checking out Paul's Hardware video showing EVGA upcoming products, looks like EVGA wants some feedback on it's upcoming DG-7 Mid Tower Case.

Dear EVGA, the 5.25 bay is not dead. You limited the number of potential customers by not having any 5.25 bay slots. Take a page out of Lian-Li and Corsair book, don't put the company name all over the case or the model #, that just looks tacky. 

I'm and EVGA Fanboy! LOL and I love the EVGA logo on the front. I think it's bad A$$. I was happy when I bought my 1080 FTW Hybrid with RGB+ color EVGA HYBRID led! I'm proud of my EVGA badges I've gotten with my builds over the years and every one get's put on my case. I still have to put the 1080 FTW badge in place.

I hardly use DVD anymore but I have an external USB drive DVD/BlueRay. I've moved a lot of my older CD Rom games to thumb drive so I can install them anywhere anytime and most of my new games are on Origin, Steam, Uplay, etc. I do have an FX LED fan controller that I like but it's very shallow and goes back about 1" so I can be creative and make it fit anywhere. I have no problem making modifications that includes drilling out rivets and fabricating parts.
     I have the DG 87 in sight. I've been looking at it for a while. I have watched many reviews and I see where you would need extenders for the power supply. I also have a plan to hide the power cord by making some modifications. I really like the way the case orientation has changed to present your build in front of you. I have a build up behind my monitors so it will sit up high. With all my LED's, I can see my rig inside in all it's glory!  Ok, I'm excited about getting a new case, sorry to be long winded but EVGA has been good to me.

post edited by btodd1 - 2017/01/13 16:55:42

MB:EVGA Z370 FTW/CPU:Intel Core i5 9600k/VIDEO: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/MEM:G-Skill Titan Z Series 3000MHz 32G/PSU:Corsair RM1000 Gold-Modular/CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB

Combat Names History: 
FPSIdiot G Battlefield 2042 Warzone COD
1ID10T in Battlefield 3,4 Hardline, Battlefront
Makoto Nagano in BFBC2,  
Bruce Willis in Battlefield 2142, Call of Duty, 
Battlefield 2, Joint Operations, and
Black Hawk Down. (Started with the BHD beta in 2001/2002). First FPS war game DOOM in the 1990's

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/14 11:12:35 (permalink)
The DG-7 already has EVGA on the power supply cover, why put DG-7 in HUGE font behind the tempered glass and place another logo on the front. I don't see other case mfg like Corsair Lian-Li or Coolermaster turning your system into a billboard for them.

If one mfg doesn't have a case we like or the features we want, we have like six others to choose from.

abgersaurus
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/16 01:30:34 (permalink)
I really dig the new case design, I've had a Coolermaster Elite 430, Corsair obsidan 800D, 350D and a 750D.

But this is by far the best looking case in my opinion, all though if could make some changes then it would be along the lines of this
The intake seems to be too restrictive from what I can see, maybe do something like corsair and fractal did,

That would mean that the side panel will have to be shortened a bit

when it comes to cases, for me it has to be good looking yet easy to maintain and clean from dust. Which leads me to the top, it looks very good but is gonna be a pain in the A** to clean.
how about a kind of mesh as corsair makes? fine or course, doesn't matter it will also prevent dust from landing on the top and falling down into the case when not in use, like this 

I really like that who ever designed this case (DG-7) also thought about putting a 120mm fan mount in the bottom of the case, very good decision, but it has to have a dust filter (that is also easy removable)
It would be really nice to see a hinged or other kind of tempered glass side panel just for the ease of upgrades/building and cleaning, kinda like the one on the DG-87, but more user friendly. more along the lines of what corsair has done with their Carbide 400C and Phanteks's Enthoo Evolv ATX. (Also get rid of that tint, it looks ridiculous! I WANT to see my components, why else even bother with a see through side panel???) 

last but not least, make sure that there is atleast support for dual 240's maybe even a 360mm on top, 240mm/360mm in front and 120mm bottom (also SSD mounts behind motherboard tray)

Thank you for reading this long post, sorry 

post edited by abgersaurus - 2017/01/16 01:39:23
abgersaurus
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA wants feedback on DG-7 Case 2017/01/16 05:46:23 (permalink)
btw from what I can see from the videos of the DG-7 case at CES 2017 it seems that it uses some really cheap metal, please don't make a cheap case with lousy build quality (Coolermaster Elite 430), I would love to see the same type of metal used on the inside as corsair has for their obsidian cases e.g. 350D and 750D

other things could could keep the cost down is, no built-in fan controller and no fan hub

Also please do NOT add a tempered glass panel to the backside, I'm not even sure why people would want to see that mess of cables back there. Same goes for front panel, not everyone uses LED fans.
It is very important to keep the case clean and minimalistic looking from every angle and the same goes for the power and reset button aswell as usb, keep them where they are and don't add more
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile