Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
nomad47
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/10/09 04:53:10 (permalink)
EVGA has done a solid for their customers and fans with the queue system. I was wondering if by the end of the day, EVGA can announce up to which queue position (date and time of signup for notify) purchase links have been sent till that day. It will really help people to be alert and have an rough estimate of the day they will get their emails.

Ryzen R5 2600 on a B450 Tomahawk
Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
Tons of aRGB in a H500P Mesh

140 Replies Related Threads

nickabughannam
    • Total Posts : 41
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:00:06 (permalink)
    I think it would also be nice if EVGA gave an official estimate on when some models will start to get email notifications sent out. For example I still have not seen an email and I notified on 9/16 for XCS Black. I have read that supposedly those emails are yet to be sent, but nothing official. 
    nomad47
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:06:22 (permalink)
    I think only FTW3 Ultra has been sold as of now. XC3 series is supposed to be up from next week (Read it on this forum only). I signed up on 25th. Here is me, fingers crossed

Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
    EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
    The-phantom
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:08:33 (permalink)
    nomad47
    EVGA has done a solid for their customers and fans with the queue system. I was wondering if by the end of the day, EVGA can announce up to which queue position (date and time of signup for notify) purchase links have been sent till that day. It will really help people to be alert and have an rough estimate of the day they will get their emails.

I completely agree the queue system is awesome but like you I wish if there is an update system on your place in the queue.
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3326
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:10:16 (permalink)
    There is a list people are making here on google drive. Add yourself and get an idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FQupXX51TEgUaP4kIZIxVAMkYNDVzwaRbGikv7bGBgY/htmlview?pru=AAABdSzrgiU*gxCJX5npLJ9Z8JVLJ3S6Xw

Obviously not everyone who signed up is there but it's something

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
    3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
    EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
    LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
    Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
    The-phantom
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:13:05 (permalink)
    Thanks bro
    nomad47
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:17:29 (permalink)
    justin_43
    There is a list people are making here on google drive. Add yourself and get an idea:

I have added my name as soon as this list went up :P
    But its as you said, not everyone has updated and no guarantee everyone will update after receiving link

Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
    EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
    f3aredricka
    • Total Posts : 60
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:22:10 (permalink)
    It would be cool if you went to the card on evga site, and it showed you the reservation date of the last email sent. I don't see why not? That's a pretty small update. I guess a daily update works but not requiring daily resources of human input when a computer can do this seems better and more accurate for all parties.

Also, that excel sheet puts last emails for ftw3 ultra at yesterday and not even scratching 9/17 in total reservations for this day alone. I'm on 9/23 :( These card quantities seem abysmally low, it doesn't even look like they could be making much money at these shipment rates.

X99 FTW, I7-5820K, GTX 970.
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:24:47 (permalink)
    justin_43
    There is a list people are making here on google drive. Add yourself and get an idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FQupXX51TEgUaP4kIZIxVAMkYNDVzwaRbGikv7bGBgY/htmlview?pru=AAABdSzrgiU*gxCJX5npLJ9Z8JVLJ3S6Xw

Interesting, looks like I'd be about 115 on the list for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra.  So maybe next week....?
    charbel1011
    • Total Posts : 99
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:37:09 (permalink)
    that's no solid if it was fair as u think he would reset the queue system and star fresh. who in the right mind would know to press auto notify on launch knowing those things don't work, and he even admitted that the auto notify doesn't work back then and had issues. waiting for next year for people who signed up on the 5th is no fun man. im here with my 970
    R3L3NTL3SS
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 575
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:39:13 (permalink)
    charbel1011
    that's no solid if it was fair as u think he would reset the queue system and star fresh. who in the right mind would know to press auto notify on launch knowing those things don't work, and he even admitted that the auto notify doesn't work back then and had issues. waiting for next year for people who signed up on the 5th is no fun man. im here with my 970

I've been making this exact argument. But I'm seemingly one of the few people who think this way...
    I was so early that I refreshed and saw the 3080FTW3 added to the website for the very first time - but now since I never bothered to use the auto notify feature I'm number 40,000 in line for a card...
    Super fair queue system...
    charbel1011
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:42:24 (permalink)
    R3L3NTL3SS
    charbel1011

I've been making this exact argument. But I'm seemingly one of the few people who think this way...
    I was so early that I refreshed and saw the 3080FTW3 added to the website for the very first time - but now since I never bothered to use the auto notify feature I'm number 40,000 in line for a card...

When i was buying my vr headset from valve on steam, they had the same issues, and they made a queue system, but of course instead of giving people who pressed auto notify the priority they resetted it. there's no ETA for the 3090 ftw3 ultra. god knows how long it's going to take. beside im an elite member who have couple of hundred dollars purchases on their website, how's that fair? iv been on the website since launch refreshing.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:50:23 (permalink)
    charbel1011

When i was buying my vr headset from valve on steam, they had the same issues, and they made a queue system, but of course instead of giving people who pressed auto notify the priority they resetted it. there's no ETA for the 3090 ftw3 ultra. god knows how long it's going to take. beside im an elite member who have couple of hundred dollars purchases on their website, how's that fair? iv been on the website since launch refreshing.

FYI, this is no longer the case. I believe there is a supply coming next week. Jacob on Twitter has provided most of the information on supply and drops... 

charbel1011
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:51:31 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    charbel1011

FYI, this is no longer the case. I believe there is a supply coming next week. Jacob on Twitter has provided most of the information on supply and drops... 

Even if there's supply next week imagine how long it's going to take just to go through the month of september.
    Metallikahn
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:55:09 (permalink)
    charbel1011

I love how everyone complaining about how this is unfair keep trying to justify it by blaming absolutely everyone else for their own failure to signup for an auto notify and then suggest a “fair” solution that would directly benefit them the most. Lol

Regardless of how well the auto notify system works (especially in light of how fast the bots move) it took less than 5 seconds to do and cost you literally nothing to try, with the benefit that maybe it would work and you’d get lucky enough to score a card. If not, you were no worse off than before, but yeah... let’s reset the WHOLE system so EVERYONE (bots included) can spend hours hitting F5 to be able to secure a spot in line just so you can feel better about your position in the queue. Sheesh.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 05:55:09 (permalink)
    charbel1011

Even if there's supply next week imagine how long it's going to take just to go through the month of september.

True. Very true. Such is life on the cutting edge though! 

Heck, I dropped $65k for a new vehicle in 2016 and had to wait six months before I got it! All those in front of me getting theirs first drove me wanting mine even more. And even then, I could never get a "Expect your delivery on this date". It just does not work that way. To many things can go wrong.

As long as demand it up, they will keep manufacturing them!  

Huntercyril
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 06:17:18 (permalink)
    R3L3NTL3SS
    charbel1011

No system is going to be perfect, and you couldn't have known. I do feel bad for you (not in a bad way, I just wish there was some way to rectify the downsides of the program). But even if the notify button didn't work as intended back then or you thought it was pointless, it took only 10 seconds to fill and if you're interesting in a product you should sign up for notifications.

They tried to get a system to fight bots. And what happens with it is most likely (which of course isn't absolute, you are the living proof of that) the first to be notified would be the EVGA community that signed up before bots or scalpers (who don't need that and knew it wasn't going to work because of server stress) or before any other disappointed " I didn't get my card from another brand on X Y Z website so I'm coming here to get one " customer that could potentially get one before current EVGA customers / enthusiasts (because getting new customers is good, but being able to satisfy current customers that already bought and planned to buy again from EVGA is as important as getting new ones).

A bit of my PoV from EU Store side to put things in perspective for US Store customers :
    - EU Store don't have stock compared to US. For every 100 or 1000 cards US gets shipped (all brands btw not just EVGA) we're lucky to get 1. Don't get me started on retailers side where they all (except one or two good retailers, like Amazon) do absurd prices while not even having a single card in stock : 20% higher than any brand's MSRP. In France, you're looking at 970€ for a FTW3 Non Ultra against 790€ (180€ less) on EVGA EU Store (with 5% rebate). That's 213$ less on EVGA EU than almost any other retailer, in France (and in most EU too, prices varies but the margin difference seems to be somewhat similar between retailers and EVGA).
    EVGA EU Store is for many people the only way to avoid being scammed by scalping retailers. Yes, I'll use this term because that's what they're doing, just a bit lower than the guys on Ebay but same principle applies to them, this is disgusting considering that EVGA don't increase at all their prices, the higher price should come from them and not from retailers so they are in fact just increasing their margin crazy high. 

- Some buttons " Notify Email" don't even appear. I managed to sign up for the FTW3 Non Ultra, but hours or days after, the button vanished. Notification page still lists the product but others who'd like to get notified can't sign up right now. 

- The store had a VAT issue (double charging VAT) for a week, and took another week to be fixed which seems to be when the Notify Button I mentioned above, disappeared. I mention this because it seems tied to the notification button and also could have cost some people to not buy a card there when there were a few cards available because of the price too high at that time.

- The program isn't even available yet in the EU Store. Which is also tied for me to how much stock is sent to US and how much (or rather lackthereof) is sent to EU. As late in the queue as you are in the US, in EU some countries just barely received their first cards to be sent to customers in EU and many are still waiting to receive their first stock of cards. 

It seems Canada have trouble getting stock too despite being closer to the US than EU. So the system isn't perfect and for each good side there's a bad side. But at least they're trying to do something, which is more than many other, and is better than doing nothing.

As for myself, I have notification emails and push notifications on my phone for Amazon.fr and emails for EVGA EU Store. And I'll be ready when it'll be my turn. Hoping that it won't be in December. I'm hoping to get one late October / early November as it seems it's the point where a lot of stock should be available, in time for getting a Zen 3 CPU. 
    JayManB
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 06:18:02 (permalink)
    charbel1011

Obviously a lot of people.  That's why you are so far back in queue.  You are right though they usually don't work.  I always sign up for them anyway only takes like 3 seconds.  About the same amount of time as it takes to hit F5 a couple times.
    Reseting would be unfair to the people that took those couple extra seconds to sign up.

BartLanz
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:11:03 (permalink)
    JayManB
    charbel1011

Obviously a lot of people.  That's why you are so far back in queue.  You are right though they usually don't work.  I always sign up for them anyway only takes like 3 seconds.  About the same amount of time as it takes to hit F5 a couple times.
    Reseting would be unfair to the people that took those couple extra seconds to sign up.

This is why I signed up to be notified. I'd say 1 out of 3 times I use the auto notify function on a site it nets me a positive outcome. given the effort in, vs the result. Its worth the few clicks... we are all learning a lesson here. click the auto notify button if you want a thing.

BartLanz

Valhalla1759
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:20:24 (permalink)
    charbel1011
    who in the right mind would know to press auto notify on launch knowing those things don't work

Literally everyone who understood that Nvidia has pulled this garbage before...

As far as I’m concerned EVGA has set the gold standard for how to deal with this circus and other retailers still going with their shadow drops and eBay listings are asinine. We’ve also not seen nor heard anything from Nvidia on their plan of action...

Sorry you boarded the train so late but it’s a bit ridiculous to say it isn’t fair just because you didn’t take the option sooner.

There’s still the F5 game in the meantime. Good hunting.
    charbel1011
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:23:07 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    charbel1011

Actually i apologize i didn't see the tat queue for the 3090 ftw3 ultra begin on the 24 hahah i forgot the releases date complete. that makes me feel soo much better.

ThirteenEra
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:23:36 (permalink)
    Meanwhile in EU, we're still at mercy of pretty much 1-2 stores per country, who are importing from EVGA, because EVGA doesnt have a EU store :(

So all this queue stuff doesnt really help us
    flg2010
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 316
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:28:12 (permalink)

I was late to notify on both the cards I would be ok with -

9/19 6:30pm for the 3080 FTW3

10/6 9 AM for the 3090 FTW3

I won't see a chance at either until well into 2021.

---Main Rig Build ---
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 360, GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, MB: ASUS CH VIII Formula, RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600, Storage:  2TB Adata M.2, 2TB WD SSD, 500GB WD SSD, Case:  Thermaltake ARGB View51
    Jimbo2112
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 207
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:30:43 (permalink)
    Tons of us (in our right minds or not) clicked notify right at the beginning.

MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master
    PROC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (NZXT Kraken Z73)
    GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    MEM - G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB 3600 (16-19-19-39)
    PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6
    CASE - Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black
    Valhalla1759
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:32:49 (permalink)
    flg2010

I was late to notify on both the cards I would be ok with -

9/19 6:30pm for the 3080 FTW3

10/6 9 AM for the 3090 FTW3

I won't see a chance at either until well into 2021.

I’d say your chances are decent before end of the year for the 3080. Depends on the stock they get naturally but I think it’s safe for you to be optimistic.

Might be more true for the 3090 though.

Next week might tell the tale a little better and we’ll have a better idea.
    NexusPhase
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 406
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:33:19 (permalink)
    Only 4 people ahead of me for the on that list for the 3080FTW Ultra so I'm hoping soon!
    9/17 @ 07:27:23

"Want some rye? Course ya do! Here's to us! Who's like us? Damn few, and they're all dead!"

CPU: 5900x
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
    GPU: RTX 3080 FTW Ultra
    Mobo: Asus TUF gamming x570-Plus
    Mem: G-Skill 2x16gb c16 3600mhz
    Storage: 1tb 980 pro M.2, 1tb 970 pro M.2
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Case: Danger Den Torture Rack

flg2010
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 316
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:36:15 (permalink)
    well considering I also want to drop in a new 5950 r9 in  my system.. this is an expensive year

---Main Rig Build ---
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 360, GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, MB: ASUS CH VIII Formula, RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600, Storage:  2TB Adata M.2, 2TB WD SSD, 500GB WD SSD, Case:  Thermaltake ARGB View51
    nomad47
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:47:48 (permalink)
    charbel1011

I sincerely disagree. If they reset the queue after announcing the program, it will be a bot fest again. Now at least majority of the genuine customers have a shot at getting the desired cards without fighting bots.
    I get where your sentiments are coming from, trust me. I am running a 7 year old GPU. As much as I like to have the latest GPU now, I have peace knowing I will get the GPU eventually and sooner, without having to F5 every damn hour.

Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
    EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
    Bradypan
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:50:54 (permalink)
    Every time someone asked Jacob what the best way was to get a card, from Sep 17th until their announcement about this queue system, he told them to use the notify me button.  Then he gets hundreds of responses on Twitter where people are just laughing and saying that the button doesn't even do anything.  He probably knew in advance while they were still developing the solution and was trying to steer people towards the best option, guess those people aren't laughing anymore
    nomad47
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA queue updates 2020/10/09 07:56:09 (permalink)
    Bradypan
    Every time someone asked Jacob what the best way was to get a card, from Sep 17th until their announcement about this queue system, he told them to use the notify me button.  Then he gets hundreds of responses on Twitter where people are just laughing and saying that the button doesn't even do anything.  He probably knew in advance while they were still developing the solution and was trying to steer people towards the best option, guess those people aren't laughing anymore

I subscribed to Notify Me out of curiosity as my target was a 3070 and not 3080. But seeing the stock woes, I will go for a 3080 if I get the email.

Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
    EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile