EVGA

LockedEVGA X58 759/760 Classified 24 pin mobo/psu burning up Defect With High Power GPU's

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 24 of 25
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 20:17:55 (permalink)
The fan controllers that monitor system temps, maybe someone should attach one of the sensors on the 24pin to see how hot it gets.

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2691
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 20:18:10 (permalink)
IMO instead of giving EVGA s#!t for these issues (which im sure some of you are justified to do) IMO we should be helping EVGA to produce a better MB for the x58 line. This way we all can benifit from our findings and resolve these issue as the community that you
are a part of while reading this. My 2 cents anyways.

post edited by jrmitchell1983 - 2010/10/26 20:34:29

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15887
  • Ribbons : 72
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:08:41 (permalink)
Oh snap lol just went over your post again....
But anyways, it can happen at stock settings.... w/ some super secret squirrel combination that now about a month or so no one knows nor is anyone told the issue is in this, the issue was discovered by evga while the boad was in testing/development. But sold the board anyways at the time it was only ati card configs now its ati/nvidia configs. At least its out in the open here and people have options. As for being happy for getting a 770 board from a 759 not really but I know i dont have to do it again nor do i have to pull out all my soldering tools....  759 owners who payed 450-500+ some even more  and what the 759 offers over the 770 its a downgrade but whatever. Trust me if you have vital data that you even backed up and it got lost because x named company didnt make this issue officially public your not a happy camper, esp after you spend about 400+ in shipping on rmas....
post edited by donta1979 - 2010/10/26 21:18:25

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:17:32 (permalink)

As posted I will be sending a formal official letter to EVGA requesting a replacement.
EVGA will have 30 days in which to respond "in good faith" to my request.
Failure to do so, to my personal satisfaction... will result in formal legal action.

I urge every concerned owner of the effected boards in question to due the same. 

The relevent California law:
http://www.harp.org/clra.htm
California Civil Code 1750 (Consumers legal Remedies Act)

As you can clearly read in the law, EVGA must either replace my motherboard.. or be subject to very expensive fines.

Section 1784 (a) and (b)

• (a) proves that such violation was not intentional and resulted from a bona fide error notwithstanding the use of reasonable procedures adopted to avoid any such error and
  • (b) makes an appropriate correction, repair or replacement or other remedy of the goods and services according to the provisions of subdivisions (b) and (c) of Section 1782.

Either that, or EVGA will be forking over huge piles of cash not only to me, but to all effected owners of these defective motherboards.

Under Section 1782
  • (1) All consumers similarly situated have been identified, or a reasonable effort to identify such other consumers has been made.
  • (2) All consumers so identified have been notified that upon their request such person shall make the appropriate correction, repair, replacement or other remedy of the goods and services.
  • (3) The correction, repair, replacement or other remedy requested by such consumers has been, or, in a reasonable time, shall be, given.
  • (4) Such person has ceased from engaging, or if immediate cessation is impossible or unreasonably expensive under the circumstances, such person will, within a reasonable time, cease to engage, in such methods, act, or practices.

THAT MEANS---> EVGA will notifiy all owners, stop selling and recall all defective products.

Its the LAW

Also I will point out to any Mods reading this, that under (SB Code 1234) Section 5 (a).
Any actions taken againt me for posting this information, including (but not limited to) banning my Fourm account or interfearing in any way with my postings on this subject -is expressly prohibited- under California law.

---EVGA and its Fourm Mods are hearby notified of that, and a screen shot has been taken of this post.---

Have a nice day

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 21:30:36

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:24:21 (permalink)
maniacvvv

As posted I will be sending a formal official letter to EVGA requesting a replacement.
Failure to do so, to my personal satisfaction... will result in formal legal action.

As you can clearly read in the law, EVGA must either replace my motherboard.. or be subject to very expensive fines.

Section 1784 (a) and (b)

• (a) proves that such violation was not intentional and resulted from a bona fide error notwithstanding the use of reasonable procedures adopted to avoid any such error and
  • (b) makes an appropriate correction, repair or replacement or other remedy of the goods and services according to the provisions of subdivisions (b) and (c) of Section 1782.

Either that, or EVGA will be forking over huge piles of cash not only to me, but to all effected owners of these defective motherboards.

Under Section 1782
  • (1) All consumers similarly situated have been identified, or a reasonable effort to identify such other consumers has been made.
  • (2) All consumers so identified have been notified that upon their request such person shall make the appropriate correction, repair, replacement or other remedy of the goods and services.
  • (3) The correction, repair, replacement or other remedy requested by such consumers has been, or, in a reasonable time, shall be, given.
  • (4) Such person has ceased from engaging, or if immediate cessation is impossible or unreasonably expensive under the circumstances, such person will, within a reasonable time, cease to engage, in such methods, act, or practices.

THAT MEANS---> EVGA will notifiy all owners, stop selling and recall all defective products.

Its the LAW

Also I will point out to any Mods reading this, that under (SB Code 1234) Section 5 (a).
Any actions taken againt me for posting this information, including (but not limited to) banning my Fourm account or interfearing in any way with my postings on this subject -is expressly forbidden- under California law.

---EVGA and its Fourm Mods are hearby notified of that, and a screen shot has been taken of this post.---

Have a nice day

WOW you guys are that upset over this huh... well say goodbye to EVGA then if this is what it has come down to.

SiriusDragon
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 295
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:31:01 (permalink)
@maniacvvv:
You *could* have contacted them directly (eg. phone, email, fax, letter, carrier pigeon...), but instead you make a big deal on their forum! Bravo! Very mature! And totally not enforcing the stereotype of Americans being a litigious bunch.

i7 4930k - 32gb 1866 DDR3 - ASRock X79 Extreme 11 - 2 x GTX 780 3GB - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Xigmatek Elysium case - 3 x 1920x1200 monitors - 1 x 1080p 50" 3D Plasma
Lvcoyote
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3040
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:35:48 (permalink)
maniacvvv

I urge every concerned owner of the effected boards in question to due the same. 

Section 1784 (a) and (b)

Under Section 1782

Its the LAW

Any actions taken againt me for posting this information, including (but not limited to) banning my Fourm account or interfearing in any way with my postings on this subject -is expressly prohibited- under California law.

Have a nice day

Geeez dude, take the kids out for pizza or something will ya??.... LOL

ASUS Maximus VI Impact, i7-4770K, G.Skill TridentX 2X8Gb DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX 750 Ti, EVGA Hadron Hydro w/EVGA Hadron Hydro Water Cooling Kit, Samsung 840 EVO 500 Gb SSD, WD Caviar 500 Gb HDD, Panasonic UJ8C5 Slot Load DVD Burner, Windows 8.1 Pro X64/Linux Mint 16 X64
HEATWARE
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:40:08 (permalink)
EVGA took a risk, with my system components (that I paid for)...  they didnt have to, and should not have done so. 

Its called making a very poor decision in the interest of making more money and not being embarssed. 

They KNEW the legal risks (or should have known) they faced when they failed to take the correct and proper actions, once the problem was identified...

They were (and have been) getting away with it for far to long.....

They screwed the wrong customer, and EVGA continues to sell these motherboards and videocards without any disclosure whatsoever.

That was a mistake.

Any first year law student could have told EVGA what a terrible risk they were taking, and legal position they were putting the company in, by their actions/in-actions over this matter. 

-The serious nature of this defect is what sets it apart- 
post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 22:18:33

Trilogy3337
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 21:41:13 (permalink)
I know that with the hardware I have attached if I lost it due to a melted PSU and lost my drives and/or anything else. Pissed can't even begin to describe it knowing that they've known the issue for over a year. I am not one to bash EVGA, I have pages and pages of products from them, GPU's, MOBO's, etc etc. But this is a serious problem for alot of people. I am sitting here waiting on a fix before I purchase any more hardware but at the rate we are going now on a fix the next chipset will come out first. Which might be the whole reason they seem to not want to fix this issue anyway. 

EVGA X79 Dark
Intel 4820K on HK3.0
16GB worth of Vengeance
EVGA 1300G2
EVGA 660TI
EVGA 660TI
EVGA660SC
SSD's Galore

Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72898
5thduke
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3343
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 22:02:09 (permalink)
MSim

The fan controllers that monitor system temps, maybe someone should attach one of the sensors on the 24pin to see how hot it gets.

doin it man and i will run ss sled for 1 hour followd by haven max settings 33.3 c @ idle brb after ive run the benchmark
ok 48 min took about ten min to reach 38c reached 44c and stayed fluctuating backwards not forwards ambiant room temp is 28c gpus were running at 61 cpu 33
so whats the melting point of plastic?  .    this was all on stock settings no overclock
ok just been idling in here for a few hours 33.2 c 

post edited by 5thduke - 2010/10/27 12:08:16

never attempt to remove a fly from your friends head with a meat cleaver .  

YerBuddy
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8919
  • Ribbons : 59
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 01:12:07 (permalink)
SiriusDragon

@maniacvvv:
You *could* have contacted them directly (eg. phone, email, fax, letter, carrier pigeon...), but instead you make a big deal on their forum! Bravo! Very mature! And totally not enforcing the stereotype of Americans being a litigious bunch.

Huh?

I may not agree with maniac's "how," but I do agree with his thought process as to "why."  I believe he did state that he would be contacting EVGA in an "official letter."  

Is this not "their forum" for us to voice our opinions?  Your argument about his maturity could also be reversed to show how immature your reply was.  Is there a stereotype associated with your comments?  My opinion is yes.
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 03:32:25 (permalink)
We are all concerned about this, i have a E758 and fear the same issue when running 480's SLI with GTS 450 physx. Im holding off because of this, but IMO we all need to chill out a bit. EVGA will resolve this issue the best they can and im sorry to say if you dont like it or are un happy with EVGA, no one is holding your hand. go with a different manufacture then. however you may find the same issue with others as well. EVGA has always been good to its customers, so why are there customer treating them like crap now? It is no matter how you cut it business, if less than 2% of people may experience this issue and the products were released, this is normal. nothing is perfect just look at toyota. S#!T happens my friends.

SO IMO - be a part of the solution and not the problem - thank you.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... 2010/10/27 03:36:35 (permalink)
maniacvvv

Section 1784 (a) and (b)
Under Section 1782

Its the LAW

Have a nice day

Good luck with the lawsuit - I think you'd have a better chance suing the graphics card makers, since it is the huge power draw of the cards that (allegedly) melts the molex, and the cards capable of doing so were designed AFTER the motherboards were designed. 

If you don't understand the relevance of this comment, I suggest you ask your lawyer.

post edited by Nereus - 2010/10/27 04:09:45

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SiriusDragon
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 03:52:39 (permalink)
YerBuddy

SiriusDragon

@maniacvvv:

Huh?

I may not agree with maniac's "how," but I do agree with his thought process as to "why."  I believe he did state that he would be contacting EVGA in an "official letter."  

Is this not "their forum" for us to voice our opinions?  Your argument about his maturity could also be reversed to show how immature your reply was.  Is there a stereotype associated with your comments?  My opinion is yes.

Yes, it is their forum. Not their forum for ranting and raving though - you'd get far better results contacting evga directly with something like this. If not then fine, have a rant... but really, ranting on a public forum can only go so far.

It would have made more sense for maniacvvv to contact them BEFORE making a post on the forum threatening to sue them. It's like rubbishing customer service before you've even given them a chance to try and serve you in the first place

i7 4930k - 32gb 1866 DDR3 - ASRock X79 Extreme 11 - 2 x GTX 780 3GB - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Xigmatek Elysium case - 3 x 1920x1200 monitors - 1 x 1080p 50" 3D Plasma
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 04:18:59 (permalink)

zalbard
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 04:42:12 (permalink)
maniacvvv As posted I will be sending a formal official letter to EVGA requesting a replacement.

You are clearly overreacting...
I sent a polite e-mail to EVGA support saying that my E760's 24-pin connector was getting very hot. They immediately offered me to RMA the board and replace it with E762. I agreed. A week later I had a brand new board at my doorstep.
Alternatively they can do the mod for you if you send them the board, no problem whatsoever.
IMO they are handling the situation pretty well.  Good luck trying to do the same with ASUS (I doubt they would reply at all) or Gigabyte.
If you're trying to get them to do a recall of all boards, then, well... good luck with that. It's not going to happen. It is hard to confirm the issue.
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 05:17:06 (permalink)
Ok so last night i borrowed a 480 from my friends rig and ran it with my 480 SC along with a gts 450 for phyx on my E758 to do some tests after reading this long thread. My results were anything but pleasing. I found that running this config with my HX1000 made the 24pin connector heat up a substantial amount. enough to really worry. however there has been no melting as of yet and not sure there will be, but over a period of time it is very possible. Contacted EVGA to give them my findings and was instructed that "there are no known confirmed issues of this happening to any of there products under normal conditions." however if found to be an issue with my board they could help me out. Like I said it is not a problem as of yet, but being the E758 board heats up the 24pin like this I can imagine the classy boards could be worse. I am not confirming that the E758 boards do the same as the MB's in question, Im just stating my results that i have conducted toward this issue.

HRPuffnstuff
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1321
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 05:17:15 (permalink)
I've not yet experienced this problem with my own system however if it does occur I'll be going back to asus.

MSI MEG Z790 ACE, Intel i9 13900k, G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32gb 6600, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 420 ARGB in push/pull, Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, EVGA Nu Audio, Samsung 990 & 980 Pro's, WD SN850X & Black hdd, EVGA Supernova 1300 G2, Windows 11 Professional, Thermaltake Level 20 XT w/Antec Prizm X 120mm argb fans

SiriusDragon
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 06:56:58 (permalink)
zalbard
All boards before that have no molex.

And as I pointed out, very few after have the molex either... just the Rampage 3 pretty much. Which the Classy 3 competes with anyway... and the Classy 3 has the molex too!

If ASUS knew about it earlier, I'm supprised they didn't add more molex connectors to all of their new 3-way capable boards, instead of just the Rex3 :)

So applying that logic to ASUS's board lineup... only 3 are 3-way capable. P6T7, Rex3 Formula, Rex3 Extreme.

Sure would suck to have any of those other boards, they might explode like a Classified

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... 2010/10/27 07:54:25 (permalink)
Nereus

maniacvvv

Section 1784 (a) and (b)
Under Section 1782

Its the LAW

Have a nice day

Good luck with the lawsuit - I think you'd have a better chance suing the graphics card makers, since it is the huge power draw of the cards that (allegedly) melts the molex, and the cards capable of doing so were designed AFTER the motherboards were designed. 

If you don't understand the relevance of this comment, I suggest you ask your lawyer.

Perhaps you should read the CCC 1750 I posted. I'm not suing anybody nor is a lawsuit needed. Your comment is irelevent given the fact that my videocards are EVGA who is a tier1 Nvidia partner. 

I have a "reasonable" cause to think my "product" is defective and is a fire hazard. After I send the letter (noted in 1750), EVGA has 30 days to respond to my request.
Read over 1750, the law is designed to "push" the makers and sellers of defective products to resolve the issue.

Should EVGA decide to not to replace my motherboard, the law is very clear... large mandatory fines from $1000 and up (per defective instance). It also allows for complete recalls....

And the very best part? I dont have to sue or file aganist EVGA...
The California AG office does that, and all the fines are paid to THEM. Thats called incentive based action, and it works very very well against producers of defective products. They know full well the AG will try and "cash out" with fines and penlties, thats why so many companies do everything they can to avoid having the AG's office become aware of the problems... they refund, recall or replace the defective product very quickly 

It's called a "consumer friendly" law, designed to help people who have defective products.

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 08:07:42 (permalink)
jrmitchell1983

Ok so last night i borrowed a 480 from my friends rig and ran it with my 480 SC along with a gts 450 for phyx on my E758 to do some tests after reading this long thread. My results were anything but pleasing. I found that running this config with my HX1000 made the 24pin connector heat up a substantial amount. enough to really worry. however there has been no melting as of yet and not sure there will be, but over a period of time it is very possible. Contacted EVGA to give them my findings and was instructed that "there are no known confirmed issues of this happening to any of there products under normal conditions." however if found to be an issue with my board they could help me out. Like I said it is not a problem as of yet, but being the E758 board heats up the 24pin like this I can imagine the classy boards could be worse. I am not confirming that the E758 boards do the same as the MB's in question, Im just stating my results that i have conducted toward this issue.

EVGA QUOTE
"there are no known confirmed issues of this happening to any of there products under normal conditions."
Hows that for doublespeak?

--->And you guys are missing the point. EVGA knows about this problem... but does NOT tell its customers.

For those that know about this issue.. we now know it can happen and we are forced to keep an eye out for it and not run our systems in such a manner to stress the connection...

What about the poor guy who has NO IDEA this could happen?
I went out and bought $1000 worth of parts that I now cannot use properly... but at least I wont burn up my system, because I KNOW (now) there is a problem.

Pity the poor guy who has no idea... and totally burns his expensive stuff up or maybe even his house or loved ones. 

Thats what my ANGER is all about

These boards are for sale TODAY at the EVGA webite and all over the net. Please show me where EVGA is properly telling its paying customers about the burning, melting, component destroying defect?

Its like the guy said a few pages ago in this thread...
"hey, I just bought one of these boards out of BStock at EVGA"
"I had no idea about this problem"
"if I had known about it, I would have bought a different motherboard with a molex"

THAT is what is wrong, and THAT is why I am taking action. The same thing happened to me....

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/27 08:21:18

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 08:21:59 (permalink)
well isuppose this is exactlly why EVGA has manufactured there new 6g/3.0 boards with the 4-pin molex and they revised the SR-2 to add a 6-pin to the PCI-E lanes as well. however there will be alot of angry people if they need to purchase a new MB because of this issue. You will find alot will go else where to another manufacturer. Someone needs to just make a good solid board for the x58 series. I would pay a high price if necessary to obtain one. a good vreg cooler along with northbridge cooler. no pci-e issues. solid bios and features of all the top end boards in one. and for the love of god bring back the nf200 chip. why can no one produce such a board?

remenaker
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 08:25:30 (permalink)
Some one said that they sold 80,000 boards at 2% failure
that is still 1600 people very mad at what is going on.
I know I would not want to be in that 1600.
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 08:50:27 (permalink)
maniacvvv

jrmitchell1983

EVGA QUOTE
"there are no known confirmed issues of this happening to any of there products under normal conditions."
Hows that for doublespeak?

--->And you guys are missing the point. EVGA knows about this problem... but does NOT tell its customers.

For those that know about this issue.. we now know it can happen and we are forced to keep an eye out for it and not run our systems in such a manner to stress the connection...

What about the poor guy who has NO IDEA this could happen?
I went out and bought $1000 worth of parts that I now cannot use properly... but at least I wont burn up my system, because I KNOW (now) there is a problem.

Pity the poor guy who has no idea... and totally burns his expensive stuff up or maybe even his house or loved ones. 

Thats what my ANGER is all about

These boards are for sale TODAY at the EVGA webite and all over the net. Please show me where EVGA is properly telling its paying customers about the burning, melting, component destroying defect?

Its like the guy said a few pages ago in this thread...
"hey, I just bought one of these boards out of BStock at EVGA"
"I had no idea about this problem"
"if I had known about it, I would have bought a different motherboard with a molex"

THAT is what is wrong, and THAT is why I am taking action. The same thing happened to me....

i agree with you, and i still am unsure exactlly what to look for. so running 2 480 sli and a 450 gts heats my connector up. what the hell. so i can barely run 480 sli without melting something. I think i will do the mod, however the molex would be great but would a 6-pin be better? or fry something?

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 09:09:02 (permalink)
@jrmitchell1983

I would like to thank you for taking the time lastnight to run some tests...
The results are disgusting.
One user completly at random inserted 480's (at stock) into his system and checked his 24pin temps...
-Dramatic heating was observed-

And EVGA's responce?
Well jrmitchell1983 just proved that EVGA just wants to sell products and has no intention of being honest about this issue.

Thanks again for taking the time to run your own quick test of this heating problem.
I think we can all agree, EVGA is lying about everything releated to this issue, in the interest of continuing to sell motherboards and videocards that run out of ATX and PCIE spec at completly stock settings.

Which of course, is why things are burning up... a design flaw defect.  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/27 09:21:32

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 09:21:27 (permalink)
im not trying to discredit EVGA by any means, however i too am worried now about running my rig the way i want to. i have to buy another motherboard now. not because of evga but because i now know i need the extra molex on the board. the E758 never had one so its not there fault, but @ the least they could have sent an email to everyone who was a registered user of there MB's to make them aware of such an issue. i have been looking for a new MB now and notice that alot of them are out of stock or have been pulled. probaly to revise there product and add the molex which will be common now im sure. 

So will EVGA do anything for me if my board fries? my guess is no even though it is liftime warranty. what could they do. RMA for the same board? upgrade possible to the ftw3 (which would have the same issues? or mod my board for me and keep a warranty....hmmm?

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 09:22:44 (permalink)
Sorry bro, welcome to the club.

Sadly, there are alot of people...
Who are one 400 series upgrade, gaming session or vantage run away from a burn up, and dont even know it.

Oh EVGA will RMA the board after the burn up...
But for your CPU, PSU, RAM and everything else that might blow, your own your own

And lets not forget... if your not around when it happens, it could burn your house down. 

This isnt a batch of motherboards with a defective chipset fan...
It's a serious design defect that causes a meltdown on (in some cases) as much as a 100amp 12v rail. 
Thats about as extreme a failure as you can have.

-->And EVGA knows all about it.  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/27 09:54:10

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15887
  • Ribbons : 72
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 09:53:34 (permalink)
jrmitchell1983

The meltdown and or power failure does not happen right away on the corsair 1000hx btw, normally takes about three weeks  but the psu normally goes into failure before the pins burn.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 10:19:57 (permalink)
@maniacvvv you welcome (hope my results help someone)

I will be doing the mod to my E758 (I don't want to worry anymore about this) & Screw the warranty
The only problem i run into is, will a single molex be enough to help power all three PCI-E slots on my board? or will i need to go with a 6-pin connector (like the MSI BIG BANG does?) Also is the 3.3v lead necessary or not? (if using the 6-pin it could not be)

Maybe some of you hardcore modders can chime in here and help me out. I will be test dummy on this one. I don't want to have to think twice about how i run my rig. so 4-pin molex (enough)  /  6-pin (will it work or cause damage) I would much rather go for the 6-pin to have the extra power if possible.
post edited by jrmitchell1983 - 2010/10/27 10:35:20

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/27 10:43:15 (permalink)
OP -should really rename thread to: diclaimer for x58 MB's (24 pin meltdown) had i not decided to just check out this thread to see what the fuss was about i would have never thought the E758 board could be capable of this as well. Im so glad I did and decided to run a real world test on the board.

So thank you all

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 24 of 25
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile