EVGA

LockedEVGA X58 759/760 Classified 24 pin mobo/psu burning up Defect With High Power GPU's

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Author
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 110
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/25 15:57:26 (permalink)
Folks... stay on the topic please... Even though I stated mine was off a little, it is in regards to the molex. And the last few post have nothing to do with the 759 or molex... Thanks!

chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/25 16:12:27 (permalink)
I ran 2x 260's on my x58 since the introduction of the board. I now have only 1x480, but have run two... never had a single issue with this. I don't overclock the cards though, maybe that is why I have yet to have an issue?
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/25 16:24:17 (permalink)
chrisdglong

I ran 2x 260's on my x58 since the introduction of the board. I now have only 1x480, but have run two... never had a single issue with this. I don't overclock the cards though, maybe that is why I have yet to have an issue?

You are not alone... My two Classified 759's look as good as they did when I un-boxed them for the first time. This includes running TRI SLI 285's, 470's, Quad 295's, and Crossfire 5870's (Low power drawers comparatively I know)... Not yet tried any 480's on a 759 yet.

No disrespect meant to anyone in this thread... My $.02. If it is man made, anything is possible and we prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. It seems reasonable to think if they added this Molex to the newer MOBO's they saw (After the 759 ran it's cycle) that these systems would benefit from the addition of the Molex.

Additionally, I am really happy as a member of this community to read some well articulated posts. Some get close to the edge mind you, but for this kind of subject matter it is nice to see so many folks trying to get answers....

I am only selling my 759 because I no longer desire to OC and go for records anymore, and find that gaming makes me happier with my hobby. So out with the 759 and MM case, and in with a full size tower and a Classified3... Game one people!

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 09:45:31 (permalink)
This is a very serious issue, its a known fire hazard. It should be officially recalled.
These motherboards are sold as overclocking capable (without -any- noted restrictions) and no notice of what videocard configs will cause a failure. No official notice has been sent out to registered owners of these boards describing the issues that have been posted in this thread (and others) about this design defect.  

EVGA is taking a HUGE risk by failing to properly outline this issue for its customers. Lets not forget "how" this board is STILL sold today (as it was when I bought mine) as fully 3-way SLI capable in a overclocking config, WITHOUT any restrictions noted or warnings given as to voltage restrictions/use, its known destruction of components...
--->and the CLEAR -Fire Hazard- these boards represent when they fail, due to a design defect.

Selling a defective product that you KNOW can be a fire hazard, that you KNOW can destroy components...
Is not only unethical, it is also --> illegal in the USA.

I understand "why" EVGA has made its decisions on this issue (hope the problem goes away, it costs too much)...

Someone at EVGA needs to wake up and get some sound legal advice. The path that EVGA has taken on this issue is exposing the company to tremendous legal risks, both civil -and- criminal.
Just think what a good Tort lawyer would do to EVGA if one of these defective boards burnt down a house while folding one night, and killed someone....
Then there is the issue of all the other hardware destroyed by this defect... which EVGA is clearly responsible for.

I just spent $1000 on a SLI upgrade and new 1200w PSU with the intent of doing some serious overclocking. I was completly unaware of this issue and am very angry about it. I could have bought a new MB if I had known about this....

Lets be clear, because of EVGA's actions and inactions on this issue... EVGA is now "responsible" for any 24pin damage to my system. If anything happens to my motherboard, powersupply or components..
--->EVGA will be completly responsible for it.
-->If they have any problem with that, then they need to MOD my board or give me a replacement.

I am giving very serious thought to officially reporting this issue, since it seems that EVGA wants to go "cheap" reguarding the known defect and fire hazard with my motherboard.
At this time, I cannot run my computer and videocards as it was sold to me. EVGA has not even bothered to notifiy me of this defect.. I had to read about it from other users. 

I love my 760 and I really dont want to replace it. But I also dont want my system burning up at the 24pin and possibly taking other components with it.
The board is defective as it was sold to me, the fact that its failure rate is 2-3% seems to have made EVGA think that it doesnt really have to address this issue.

If anything happens to my motherboard or components, EVGA will find that in the case of this user (me), that they will not be getting a "pass" on replacing anything that is damaged or destroyed. And if I have even the slightest problems with replacments for any damage caused by this defect, I will sue the hell out of EVGA.

Mod my board, sent me a non-defective replacement... or deal with your responsiblities for the choices you have made on this issue.

EVGA needs to tell me what exact configs and voltage will cause this board to fail, or it needs to replace my motherboard -period-. 

EVGA needs to get some better legal advice on just what position it's handling of this issue has placed it in.
-Legally and morally- Its exposure at this point is risking the company more money than its saving.

Notify the owners of these boards and repair or replace them.

*lets be clear on the facts.
These motherboards cost EVGA less than $150 to make, yet they sell for close to $400
--> Replacing these defective boards would not cost EVGA -anything- but some profit...
How fricken greedy is that?
May God have no mercy on them and the courts destroy them, if one of these defective boards goes up in flames and kills someone.
As we have seen from the pictures of this defect, it is real possibilty...

I (for one) plan on submitting a formal legal request for replacement of my defective motherboard by EVGA. I will not risk my safety or components with a defective product that is a known fire hazard. 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 10:10:39

emach
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1106
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 10:11:12 (permalink)
Maniacvvv,

Well said, but it's important to note that Evga is working on figuring out why and how this happens. They have not come out and said "we don't care, the rate of failure is too small to worry". No, they said we know it's an issue and are working with our partners to get it resolved. And I believe they will, we all know computer components fail all the time and we try to pick companies and products with good reputations to help get us through these failures. So take a deep breath and try a little patience.
I have a 759 board for the past year and a half, and have never run into this problem. I run tri 480's with a heafty oc and a 980x at 4.5 ghz, but I am not willing to do the mod. I will let Evga fix whatever needs fixing.

Emach
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 10:51:12 (permalink)
Fair enough

But I just spent $1000 and what I'm seeing/being told now is...

Keep an eye on it for melting and reach into the case during stress runs and grab onto the 100amp 12v wires on the 24pin connector and see if its hot...

Thats unacceptable.

emach
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1106
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 11:26:42 (permalink)
Agreed, but remember that the person saying that is NOT an Evga employee, rather it's a concerned member of our community trying to help us prevent component melt down. Until Evga gives us an official response then that is a good approach. If my 24 pin starts getting hot, believe me I will on the phone in an instant with Evga for a rma! The bad news for us with a 759 is that going to a 770 is like a downgrade since I will be losing pcie bandwidth on my tri sli setup. Now that's unacceptable to me since I bought this amazing mb for that specific reason. I know the beches say it's only a 2% loss but F-that. I paid a premium for my mb, so that I can have the absolute best mb on the market at that time! A better solution would be to offer a 762 step-up and if current prices for the 762 are less then what was paid for the 759 then The mb manufacturer should atleast pay for shipping, and do a straight swap. Just my opinion of course but that's what I would do if I was a world class company with a reputation for having amazing customer service.
One side note, it's not just Evga with this issue and I don't want this post to sound like an Evga bashing. I love the products Evga provides and they do it right with the support.

Emach
Gaaretjax
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 12:56:28 (permalink)
I have a digital thermal temperature probe monitoring the 24pin connector when my PC is on and so far nothing out of the bounds of "normal"  in the last 3 weeks.  I've had 480HC's in SLI since release.

EVGA X299 Dark 9900X CPU oc'd @ 5.0GHZ 64GB Ram 2x 2080TI FTW3 HC in SLI
Mountain Mods Ext UFO CYO Case 
Affiliate code# M90AIN72H1

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 14:03:57 (permalink)
Nods - afaik there is not one single documented case of fire; only a handful of melted pins. This is NOT just an EVGA issue, and although it seems the cause is the power-ravenous new graphics cards, this is again, NOT just EVGA cards, and is still being investigated. For all we know it may just be a very specific batch of sub-standard plastic from some manufacturer that wound up being used to make a limited number of those particular molex plugs that have been melting.. I believe EVGA when they say they are investigating it. They aren't going to bankrupt the company in some massive recall if it turns out there's only a handful of boards that are effected. Hopefully they will have some definite answers very soon - it's been a while already.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 15:48:34 (permalink)

One look at the pictures, is enough for any reasonable person to tell there is a real and present fire risk.

And your right, its not just EVGA X58 boards...  so that makes it OK? Doesnt that PROVE its a design defect?

And yeah, its been "awhile" like more than a damn year since they (EVGA, INTEL NVIDIA and others) knew about this. They are just being totally cheap, with my expensive parts and personal safety.

They are either going to do the right thing by people who have had this problem, and those afraid of having it....
Or they can face the music for trying to ignore it and make it the "customers" problem. Its NOT, its the people who designed and sold these boards, and who CONTINUE to sell them...and who continue to remain silent about a known defect...

Its easy for you to talk bro, you bought the cheap version x58 board and only run a 285...

Perhaps you should go out and spend a $1000 on a couple of 400 series cards and a 1200w PSU before you brush off this problem so lightly.

Its not your problem... so you dont really have anything to say about it.  

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 16:08:28

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 16:15:28 (permalink)
maniacvvv
One look at the pictures, is enough for any reasonable person to tell there is a real and present fire risk.

And your right, its not just EVGA X58 boards...  so that makes it OK? Doesnt that PROVE its a design defect?

And yeah, its been "awhile" like more than a damn year since they (EVGA, INTEL NVIDIA and others) knew about this. They are just being totally cheap, with my expensive parts and personal safety.

They are either going to do the right thing by people who have had this problem, and those afraid of having it....
Or they can face the music for trying to ignore it and make it the "customers" problem. Its NOT, its the people who designed and sold these boards, and who CONTINUE to sell them...and who continue to remain silent about a known defect...

Its easy for you to talk bro, you bought the cheap version x58 board and only run a 285...

Perhaps you should go out and spend a $1000 on a couple of 400 series cards and a 1200w PSU before you brush off this problem so lightly.

First of all, this is a forum, aka discussion board, expressly here for people to discuss things precisely like this, so don't tell me whether I have or have not got something to say about it. I could respond with a lot of abuse, which you definitely deserve for being such an arrogant prat with your response, but instead I'll leave it up to a mod to handle.

The sky is NOT falling, and FYI, I am in the middle of buying a lot of new components for a new water build, Mountain Mods UFO case etc, so maybe you should just calm the hell down and stop with the fear mongering.. I'm sure you know that saying about making assumptions - both about me and about this issue.. why don't you go to the graphics card makers and have a hissy fit there - they are the ones that made the cards that suck such huge amounts of power on EXISTING motherboards.. hello?
post edited by Nereus - 2010/10/26 16:26:52

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 16:24:31 (permalink)
Nereus

Nods - afaik there is not one single documented case of fire; only a handful of melted pins. This is NOT just an EVGA issue, and although it seems the cause is the power-ravenous new graphics cards, this is again, NOT just EVGA cards, and is still being investigated. For all we know it may just be a very specific batch of sub-standard plastic from some manufacturer that wound up being used to make a limited number of those particular molex plugs that have been melting.. I believe EVGA when they say they are investigating it. They aren't going to bankrupt the company in some massive recall if it turns out there's only a handful of boards that are effected. Hopefully they will have some definite answers very soon - it's been a while already.

This issue does not effect you, thats why its so easy for you to brush it off...

I stand by my post. To bad you cannot see the honesty in my concerns compared to yours.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 16:28:56 (permalink)
Nereus

maniacvvv

maniacvvv
This issue does not effect you, thats why its so easy for you to brush it off...

I stand by my post. To bad you cannot see the honesty in my concerns compared to yours.

Since you didn't read it the first time, I'll repeat it for you:

First of all, this is a forum, aka discussion board, expressly here for people to discuss things precisely like this, so don't tell me whether I have or have not got something to say about it. I could respond with a lot of abuse, which you definitely deserve for being such an arrogant prat with your response, but instead I'll leave it up to a mod to handle.

The sky is NOT falling, and FYI, I am in the middle of buying a lot of new components for a new water build, Mountain Mods UFO case etc, so maybe you should just calm the hell down and stop with the fear mongering.. I'm sure you know that saying about making assumptions - both about me and about this issue.. why don't you go to the graphics card makers and have a hissy fit there - they are the ones that made the cards that suck such huge amounts of power on EXISTING motherboards.. hello?

KMoore4318
Pistoj Doulos Unum Pluribus
  • Total Posts : 17850
  • Ribbons : 238
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 17:03:55 (permalink)

maniacvvv
You can trust me when i say i share your concern, and am affected by this issue (x3) ; But I asure you, the only thing you accomplish, by letting it upset you, is to drive up yours as well as others blood presure. Unfortunantly, Our desire for a swift answer, will in no way affect the time of resolution, or the outcome. We can wait angry, or we can wait happy, but one thing for sure , we will wait.
I am sure EVGA wants this resolved quickley as well. Since this issue came up, ATI, has released new product, Prices have droped once, and expect shortley will do so again. In the mean time I and others have placed our purchase decisions on hold, Right now I can pick up a 480, $100 less than it was a month ago, and yet I still wait. In a depresed economic market, I'm sure EVGA would gladley accept any purchase it can accomadate, and yet people still wait. I am sure we will get an answer, well, I am sure I'll get one before I spend another dime, and I'm sure EVGA wants my dimes. They are a good company and have always treated me fair, I suspect they will continue to do so, and I am sure they will make a statment, as soon as they are sure they have the correct answer, and have run it by the legal department. I am also sure your correct in that it would have been best had the issue just gone away, but isn't it a little obvious that it won't. Be mad, or angry, if that is what makes you feel better, worry yourself to the point of ulcers, if that is your wish, But personaly I have decided not to let others affect my health or happyness. Life is just to short, to let materials, or toy's have that kind of affect, every day you spend upset, is one day you will never have back to live over, and you only have about 29,200 days, and i suspect about 6,500 already shot; so unless you get recalled early, just make the best of what you have left. Yes that's right, Electronics are not the only thing that have a verried life expectancy, And you cant always complain to the Manufacturer. I've yet to find A1, or TR stamped anywhere on my A$$.   

Just clink Link to Register >  My Affiliate Code:VTJPDC4OMB 
1)965 V-8  E761(77)
2)980X AX1200 E760(77) 980 ti
3) E770 (77)2(590) SLI AX1200 
4) X299 FTW K, 9980XE 2 2080 supers on AX1200
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 17:12:47 (permalink)
Boys,  let's keep the convo civil. 

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 18:18:37 (permalink)
@ KMoore4318 : I'd be very concerned if I found someone had stamped "A1" on my a$$ ..particularly if I had no recollection of how it got there.. lol. Good post btw

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 18:22:07 (permalink)
p.s EVGA - if you drop the C3 price to $300 for Black Friday (or sooner), I'm in.

oc-nub
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 18:57:01 (permalink)
@ maniac
 If you are that concerned about this being an issue for you wouldnt it be in your best interest to just sell the board and find a replacement?
For most of us overclocking is a hobby, which is meant to be fun. Doesnt sound like you are having a lot of fun.   
post edited by oc-nub - 2010/10/26 19:00:08

EVGA X58 E770 Classified, i7-930
BlackIce GTX360, Apogee XT, Bitspower 150, MCP655
3x2gb Dominator GT 2000c8 
2x Nvidia GeForce GTX460 
Intel X25-M 80gb
WD 640 black
X-Fi Titanium
Antec 1200
CM UCP 1100w
Grado SR225 
Samsung px2370
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:28:20 (permalink)
@ oc-nub

I wont sell a board I know is defective. I would have to tell the buyer, that more than one 400 series could lead to a meltdown. What do you think a board described in that fashion is worth... certainly NOT the $400 I paid for it.

I was looking forward to Overclocking, thats why I spent $1000 for (2) 400 series and a 1200w PSU...
Only to find out in this thread, that it not a very good idea to do so. If EVGA had been honest about this and informed me...
-->I would have bought a 1200w PSU and a Classy3 with a 480

That makes me VERY VERY ANGRY

EVGA's greedy BS may be OK with you, but I saved for an entire year for this upgrade... and I can only run it at stock right now.

Fun?  Yeah EVGA sold me $700 of videocards I cant overclock on a EVGA motherboard without risking my system and safety. 

Its kind like selling a X58 board... that could melt if you overclock the I7 CPU...  Thats BULL! And EVGA knows damn well what the problem is.... The fricken EVGA videocards I bought draw too much power and EVGA does not want to admit it or do anything about it.

EVGA just wants to screw its customers and hope nothing really bad happens....

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 19:35:47

TEch3000
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:29:53 (permalink)
Yea I think EVGA fails to understand how much $$$ people put in their rigs... WHo wants to sink 5k+ into a system and risk it melting down. I just got stuck with my 760 board because I cant rma it yet (as it hasnt melted) but im not going to risk my system.
And I am not going to sell it to anyone knowing that it could catch fire or hose their sytem. So I will just have to eat that 370$and buy a evga 770 .. I guess they win again as I have to buy another board. More cash for them yay.. Its a dirty move for sure on their part. Just like their asinine warranty policy. Register in 30days,only orginal owner, And have to up load the receipt... Intel requires none of that junk even for their 1K$ extreme cpus. IF evga doesnt get their act together I will not buying or building systems with any of their products in the future. Im already planning builds for socket L2011.  This is a black eye for EVGA for sure.

post edited by TEch3000 - 2010/10/26 19:34:29

Intel I7 980X 4200mhz @1.317v load
EVGA 770 Classified EVGA 580 GTX Superclocked SLI    
Overlord Tempest X270OC 2560x1440 @100Hz SilverStone ST1500 

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:40:45 (permalink)
Pehaps we should follow EVGA's fine example...

Lets just all melt our 24pins with a hot knife and RMA for the 770...

Seems only fair, they are doing the same to us arent they?
The way this is being handled STINKS.

I'm only joking about screwing EVGA, but there is no doubt that EVGA just screwed me, and wants to screw me again for ANOTHER $400.
post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 19:42:57

bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:41:35 (permalink)
This thread is scaring me.  Has evga come up with a solution for us classified owners?
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:44:26 (permalink)
Yeah they have

Hope it dont happen to you.

To your motherboard, your PSU, your CPU, your videocards, your memory... Ect

"have a nice day"

"we do have a motherboard that is exactly the same, without this burning up issue available (we fixed it)"
"please give us another $400 and we would be happy to send it out"

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 19:55:23

bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:48:55 (permalink)
does your power supply company such as antec/pcpc/corsair cover their customers for melted 24pin molex?
Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2691
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:53:14 (permalink)
well IMO this issue should force manufactures to produce some new and improved MB's (maybe with 6g/3.0) for the x58 lineup geared toward our needs. Just a thought.

KMoore4318
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:54:11 (permalink)
bigmyke

does your power supply company such as antec/pcpc/corsair cover their customers for melted 24pin molex?

Corsair does, i've seen it a few times, there are posts on the first few pages, indicating that Antic will now, but don't belive it was doing it before.

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:57:49 (permalink)
From what I've been reading...
--->They are very tired of paying for a motherboard design fault and are turning away PSU's for RMA's that melted the 24pin on x58 systems.
post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 20:02:41

KMoore4318
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 19:59:08 (permalink)
jrmitchell1983

well IMO this issue should force manufactures to produce some new and improved MB's (maybe with 6g/3.0) for the x58 lineup geared toward our needs. Just a thought.

But in this thought, should EVGA pay for it, or should the customer pay for it ? and what about those customers that just bought, or those that expected the lifetime warranty to be for say , a lifetime ? ( Yes, I know you europeans, only get 10 years )  
 Just more thoughts.
post edited by KMoore4318 - 2010/10/26 20:01:19

1)965 V-8  E761(77)
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 20:07:02 (permalink)
After reading about the early burnouts and EVGA's part in them...

EVGA knew about this issue well over 14 months ago.

That makes it EVGA's responsibity, for selling a KNOWN defective product.
-->Just because the failure rate is low.. is not a excuse.

They knew quite well what running 400 series cards on these boards could do, and they kept their mouths shut and hoped for the best out of GREED.

If they had handled it early and honestly.... But they did not.

I could certainly have understood a official notice from EVGA after the 400 series release stating..
"Due to the power requirements of the just released 400 series cards, EVGA does NOT recommend running such cards in SLI or TR-SLI or Quad SLI, "due to overvoltage" our Gen1 X58 motherboards are not designed to handle"
Thats life, and a expensive pain.. but it happens.
EVGA DID NOT DO THAT
and they KNEW there was a problem.... 

They just decided that recalling the boards or being honest would be to expensive and rep damaging....
They decided to LIE about it, keep it quiet -and keep selling- and hope for the best. 

It's now going to be much worse for them. It's a lesson most people learn when they are young... Dont lie. 

post edited by maniacvvv - 2010/10/26 20:27:58

Sum1uNo83
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2691
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X58 759 Classifed Limited Edition #551 down... going to get an ASUS....=/ 2010/10/26 20:13:29 (permalink)
KMoore4318

jrmitchell1983

But in this thought, should EVGA pay for it, or should the customer pay for it ? and what about those customers that just bought, or those that expected the lifetime warranty to be for say , a lifetime ? ( Yes, I know you europeans, only get 10 years )  
Just more thoughts.

pay for what? there not the ones running more power through the MB/PCI-E slots than they can handle the users are. however with that said EVGA and other manufactrers IMO should produce higher end MBs now that this issue has hit the frontline with everyone. I do not think anyone should be at blame. if you overclock a GPU and fry it, EVGA warranties it right... should be the same with MB IMO. I do understand anyone who has one of the MB in question and there concerns. However IMO if it happens to the user than EVGA should replace the board via RMA as they would any other product. If evga decides to upgrade user that have registered boards in question then it should be appreciated. However if there is no such board the exists from evga that resolves this issue presently, then what would you like them to do IMO.

BTW-whats the deal with the european stab?

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile