EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage"

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
DeeKnow
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/13 10:38:18 (permalink)
Topic says it all.
I'll explain anyways.
I bought a 1050ti a few months ago.
It died on me about one month ago.
I decided to use my warranty for it okay.
So it's like 15$ to ship the card, cool I can deal.
They get it and say they are sending a replacement.
 So I got all excited when it arrived.
Opened up the box, felt weird when i saw one of the dvi port screws missing but still plugged it into my test bench, no boot. Black Screen.. 
I put in my other 3 older gpus to test. They all boot fine. 
Try the new 1050ti again, Still no boot. 
So I contact support and set up another RMA which they provided a shipping label for.
I wait like a week to get sent 10 pictures in my email and them saying "Due to PCB damage we can't RMA this" ...
Dude you sent me the damaged card and I sent it back.. I feel like I'm being ripped off because now I have to use my old much slower gpu's (560ti Right now) for my work.

I don't understand why I would get sent a damaged replacement and then denied an actual replacement when it's the RMA department that messed up here not me.

Also I'll add I had the problem escalated and they still blamed me saying there's no way it was possible they would send me a damaged unit and still refuse to replace it.
Why am I being blamed for damage I didn't even know existed on a card I literally opened up out of the EVGA box and put in my bench then back into another box wrapped up in the static bag and box filled with bubble wrap????? 
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/13 11:18:35

Attached Image(s)

DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 11:10:52 (permalink)
Oh did I mention they took all my bubble wrap packing materials out and said that this is how they recieved it. Uhhh No. I still have half the roll of bubble wrap sitting under my desk here.
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/13 11:12:46

Attached Image(s)

DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 11:19:59 (permalink)
Also.. The note was asking them to please be as efficient as possible because its already been 2 and a half weeks or so since I have had to use one less computer with work slowing down our productivity and stating that it's unfair that I have to send the card multiple times to get a replacement.

Who is gonna send a GPU like that with no packing material no plastic and no bubble wrap??? 

Please help me out here.. 
I need that replacement gpu.
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/13 12:10:00
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 12:27:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby DeeKnow 2018/04/13 12:45:34
Send an e-mail to chrisb@evga.com.
UnstableOne
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 13:23:09 (permalink)
Wish I could say I was surprised.  I didn't even get a replacement before they claimed my product was damaged.

A lot of similar issues from evga becoming more common.  Endless cycle of people not believing the story until it happens to them.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21173
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 13:26:51 (permalink)
This is starting to become more and more of a common complaint.  Shame.  If EVGA doesn't clean up their act, maybe next time we will buy from a different brand.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/13 14:36:13 (permalink)
Were seeing that kind of customer service from evga more and more these days. I would bet that "damage" was caused in the factory. Most customers probably wouldn't care about that minor imperfection (damage), long as the product works. It's sad that evga would try to blame that on the customer.

DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/14 15:30:53 (permalink)
All I want is a functioning replacement.. 
It's been a really pointless attempt to get help from them at support too.
DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/14 15:35:38 (permalink)
If they don't fix it I'm just not gonna buy anymore of their products that's for sure.  I bought a couple GPU's and a power supply and the first time I use my warranty this is what I'm presented with.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/14 16:42:15 (permalink)
If you have a reddit account, post about this bad customer service experience on PcMasterRace. When they separated the custom made PCB at the factory, i bet that is when the damage was caused.  

mike406
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 904
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/15 22:22:23 (permalink)
No damage to any traces, simply just on the fiberglass. No PCB would ever have traces that close to the edge anyway. What on earth is EVGA thinking?

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 03:28:57 (permalink)
mike406
No damage to any traces, simply just on the fiberglass. No PCB would ever have traces that close to the edge anyway. What on earth is EVGA thinking?

The warranty states that physical damage to the product voids the warranty. It does not matter if that damage caused the product to fail or not. Each of these cases are reviewed on an individual basis. As to the OP situation I have not looked into any specifics. 

Everything is security. 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 04:12:08 (permalink)
mike406

I don't know how a person could cause that damage in the first place. I bet it happened in the factory, when they separated the PCB's. That's more likely to have happen. The customer received that card as a replacement for another defective card.

EVGA is doing the exact same thing people dislike other mfg customers service for.

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 05:37:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP
mike406

The warranty states that physical damage to the product voids the warranty. It does not matter if that damage caused the product to fail or not. Each of these cases are reviewed on an individual basis. As to the OP situation I have not looked into any specifics. 

That seems kind of like a cop out to me, Jeff.  I can understand (like on my GTX 480, years ago) when my loop opens and shorts the card..

But this? This doesn't seem like customer damage...I feel that you're just using any excuse (and by you, I mean eVGA) that can be found
to not honor a warranty.

"Oh look, a scratch that isn't there when it's made!" is going to be next?

I, for nearly 20 years, have purchased eVGA products because of the stellar customer service. If that's dying, I have no reason
to purchase your product specifically..nor will I recommend it specifically anymore.

I think that losing that "word of mouth" is more damaging than accepting some items that you may not want to...in the long run..

But..that's the way it goes, I suppose.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21173
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 09:58:02 (permalink)
transdogmifier
EVGATech_JeffP
mike406

That seems kind of like a cop out to me, Jeff.  I can understand (like on my GTX 480, years ago) when my loop opens and shorts the card..

But this? This doesn't seem like customer damage...I feel that you're just using any excuse (and by you, I mean eVGA) that can be found
to not honor a warranty.

"Oh look, a scratch that isn't there when it's made!" is going to be next?

I, for nearly 20 years, have purchased eVGA products because of the stellar customer service. If that's dying, I have no reason
to purchase your product specifically..nor will I recommend it specifically anymore.

I think that losing that "word of mouth" is more damaging than accepting some items that you may not want to...in the long run..

But..that's the way it goes, I suppose.

+9001

With these sorts of anti-consumer policies, EVGA is heading downhill fast.

It is unacceptable for EVGA to deny the warranty if the customer causes a purely cosmetic blemish to occur. It's even more unacceptable if EVGA sent the refurbished card with the blemish in the first place. Ridiculous! Read EVGA's definition for their B-Stock/Refurbished cards!
B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use.

By EVGA's judgement expressed in this thread, EVGA's B-Stock/Refurbished cards have a voided warranty the moment they leave EVGA's facility. And that is somehow the customer's problem?

Someone, please, hire a lawyer and sue the pants off of EVGA.

It is simple!
EVGA: "Warranty void due to purely cosmetic blemish."
You: "EVGA, you sent it to me with the blemish."
EVGA: "What? Prove it!"
You: "EVGA, you admit to sending cards of this sort of condition."
Done!

The 'warranty void' sticker inside EVGA laptops is also a lawsuit waiting to happen given the FTC's recent announcement. Hopefully EVGA has no history of denying warranties due to that sticker being damaged; otherwise, you know who is coming for EVGA.

Customer, don't give up! EVGA is 100% wrong in this instance. Given EVGA's own words, the customer no longer has any requirement to prove that the customer didn't cause the cosmetic damage to any B-Stock or refurbished card's warranty claims. EVGA has caused itself to be in the position of needing to prove that EVGA itself didn't ship the card with the damage. Get a lawyer, if you must.

I know who I will avoid buying from in the future. Scumbags! This type of complaint is an all-too-common complaint in the last year.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/04/16 10:44:09

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

joeymir
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 11:40:31 (permalink)
I wish I didn't have to see posts like this. I suppose any future eVGA product purchases will now have to be closely examined & photographed with date stamps right from the get go. I am usually very skeptical about people complaining about this stuff on the forums, as many people never tell the entire story. But *assuming* the damage shown in photos is the issue at hand, it's a serious eVGA? An irrelevant blemish on the outside of the board? like others stated, who even notices that kind of stuff? I've noted minor defects like this over my years(mostly EVGA products given) but never thought twice about it, as it has never effected the cards. But suddenly you guys can deny warranty because of something that you guys just might have done in your own factory? What utterly terrible business practice & customer support.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/04/16 14:45:37

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB Crucial Ballisitx DDR4 3600MHz | MSI Radeon 6900 XT | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB Raid-0 | 2x WD Velociraptors 500GB Raid-0 | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850W | Lian-Li PC-O11

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 12:02:31 (permalink)
joeymir
I wish I didn't have to see posts like this. I suppose any future eVGA product purchases will now have to be closely examined & photographed with date stamps right from the get go. I am usually very skeptical about people complaining about this stuff on the forums, as many people never tell the entire story. But *assuming* the damage shown in photos is the issue at hand, it's a serious eVGA? An irrelevant blemish on the outside of the board? like others stated, who even notices that kind of stuff? I've noted minor defects like this over my years(mostly EVGA products given) but never thought twice about it, as it has never effected the cards. But suddenly you guys can deny warranty because of something that you guys just might have done in your own factory? What utterly terrible customer support.

It's sad that it has come to that with EVGA. The nitpicking of products sent in for warranty service, it started like 8-10 months ago (that i can tell), before that i don't recall seeing customers warranty being denied for blemishes or minor scratches on a product, like were seeing on a regular basis now.

post edited by Sajin - 2018/04/16 14:45:49

mike406
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 904
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/16 19:25:38 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP
mike406

I suppose then by that logic, the small scuff I put on my 980 Ti FTW's backplate when installing a fairly large CPU cooler would also void any potential warranty claims I may have to do in the future. A scuff that occurred because whoever the "smart" EVGA engineer that put the x16 slot as the very top slot of the Z170 boards for minuscule clearance with air coolers, thought that would be a good idea. EVGA can be rest assured that I will remove the backplate then before sending the card out if I ever have an issue with it. It absolutely SHOULD matter if the damage caused the product to fail or not. You suppose if my new Chevy Camaro gets a ding in the side from a pebble but the engine fails 2 years later, Chevy is gonna turn me away because "Oh there's a scratch on the side, we can't fix your engine"?  Give me a break. Talk about anti-consumer. We live in the real world, things get scratched. I know you're just doing your job and you don't write these policies, but that is some grade-A bs.

MSim
joeymir
I wish I didn't have to see posts like this. I suppose any future eVGA product purchases will now have to be closely examined & photographed with date stamps right from the get go. I am usually very skeptical about people complaining about this stuff on the forums, as many people never tell the entire story. But *assuming* the damage shown in photos is the issue at hand, it's a serious eVGA? An irrelevant blemish on the outside of the board? like others stated, who even notices that kind of stuff? I've noted minor defects like this over my years(mostly EVGA products given) but never thought twice about it, as it has never effected the cards. But suddenly you guys can deny warranty because of something that you guys just might have done in your own factory? What utterly terrible customer support.

It's sad that it has come to that with EVGA. The nitpicking of products sent in for warranty service, it started like 8-10 months ago (that i can tell), before that i don't recall seeing customers warranty being denied for blemishes or minor scratches on a product, like were seeing on a regular basis now.

Something has definitely changed. Pure speculation but my thoughts are they are doing this either in response to mining hurting profits with large amounts of RMAs, or they have silently behind the scenes become more strict after years of a lax RMA procedure due to some people unfairly taking advantage of it.
post edited by mike406 - 2018/04/16 19:39:05

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

UnstableOne
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 00:39:13 (permalink)
It sucks that you have to provide picture proof and/or make an unboxing video to avoid getting screwed over.  I hope they reverse the decision for you.
I feel like now I have to document every rma (good or bad) in the forums now in hopes it might help other people.

Food for thought - every single first rma I have had with evga has been a broken product.
  • 8800gt - gts450. #1 crash, #2 died in less than a month, #3 still working today in original system
  • 1000p2 - rma arrived physically broken yesterday
  • z97 classified claimed damaged by rma department
  • waiting on rmas for three 980tis

That damage is in such a weird spot too.
I bet someone from the rma department chipped it when putting the heatsink back on and pretended that it didnt happen.
I cant think of any other explanation.  No reason to end user to replace heatsink on a 1050.
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 01:20:10 (permalink)
Guys, this might be a perfect opportunity to put a sticky up about video recording your card before boxing, while boxing and when, if you get, a return unboxing. I don't know exactly what has happened at EVGA, but its def some very concerning activity going on in those RMA sections. At this point, all we can do is cover our collective rears and educate the uninitiated with these new policys.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 04:21:23 (permalink)
Yea unfortunately I've been given the run around all week and told multiple times that my card is not going to be replaced. 
I posted this a couple days after being denied RMA.

I've also not seen any sign of the card or any information and have had zero responses in 48 hours from any tickets and emails.
Phoning them was a total nightmare too. I spent an hour fighting with an automated robot that repeats the same choices 500 times before getting a human on the line then told that the decision is made and that I'm out of luck in the first 3 minutes of getting a human on the line.

I also went over my situation live on my personal Live Stream Channels with my viewers showing the Emails and responses and all the photos from this incident and they all feel that this damage is on the fault of EVGA and not the Customer aswell. I don't know what is wrong with EVGA but for this being literally the first time dealing with them really makes me wanna go through another manufacturer from this point forward.
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/17 10:19:51
DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 04:28:35 (permalink)
UnstableOne

I bet someone from the rma department chipped it when putting the heatsink back on and pretended that it didnt happen.
I cant think of any other explanation.  No reason to end user to replace heatsink on a 1050.

This. This right here... This THIS THIS.  That is exactly what I said to the supervisor I spoke to and he said. "There is no way we would send a card missing screws or showing any damage I can assure you."  
^ I'm literally furious about that line being used when it is total bs as I see tons of postings about cards with damages and missing important screws coming in from RMA replacements.
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/17 04:54:22
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 04:57:57 (permalink)
Our RMA department is not open over the weekend and it may take a few business days to get through messages that have been sent while the department is closed. 

Everything is security. 
DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 05:24:50 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP
Our RMA department is not open over the weekend and it may take a few business days to get through messages that have been sent while the department is closed. 

That's a pretty generic response to what I said.  Considering I said it's been about month since starting this process and now its been weeks that this card has been gone.  You are trying to tell me a weekend matters. When I originally began the process for this particular replacement card ----> Last month.

I find it strange because I sent the original card in and got this damaged replacement in under 1 weeks time. I received the damaged replacement "03/29/2018 at 5:06 P.M."
Since then it's been nothing but hell trying to get an actual functioning replacement and has taken way too long compared.
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/17 05:30:56
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 05:37:53 (permalink)
DeeKnow
UnstableOne

This. This right here... This THIS THIS.  That is exactly what I said to the supervisor I spoke to and he said. "There is no way we would send a card missing screws or showing any damage I can assure you."

I think evga has talking points for the techs to use. They say "i can assure you" all the time to customers.

I can assure you sometimes evga does send out damaged warranty replacement products to customers.

Check out this customer CLC  RMA replacement. Look at the damaged radiator fins and the used thermal paste under the plastic pump cover. Another customer received this damaged RMA replacement power supply. No way that damage happened in mail. A long time forums member received a dead CLC cooler that had thermal paste smeared all over the pump head as RMA replacement. 

What good is a product warranty, if the company will look for the slightest blemish to void the product warranty. How long until we see someone warranty being denied for dust on the heatsink.

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 05:47:53 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP

As much as I can appreciate your position here, I think the negative aspect of this should be considered by eVGA and its RMA dept. You're garnering much more anger and fostering a desire of customers to leave, rather than quelling the situation.

If you can PROVE the customer damaged the card it's one thing..if it's possible it came from you like that (and this most assuredly is possible)? Suck it up and replace it with a smile....keep your customer service intact, keep customers....

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 05:48:16 (permalink)
MSim
DeeKnow
UnstableOne

I think evga has talking points for the techs to use. They say "i can assure you" all the time to customers.

I can assure you sometimes evga does send out damaged warranty replacement products to customers.

Check out this customer CLC  RMA replacement. Look at the damaged radiator fins and the used thermal paste under the plastic pump cover. Another customer received this damaged RMA replacement power supply. No way that damage happened in mail. A long time forums member received a dead CLC cooler that had thermal paste smeared all over the pump head as RMA replacement. 

What good is a product warranty, if the company will look for the slightest blemish to void the product warranty. How long until we see someone warranty being denied for dust on the heatsink.

I saw the power supply thread. It actually made me wonder what's causing this kind of treatment to the consumer as that damage looks like an angry ex got a hold of it before sending it to the consumer.

As for the Liquid Cooling thread,  WOW. Just WOW. I seriously am beginning to regret choosing EVGA more so than I already was. 

Overall I'm trying to keep my composure and be kind to the best of my ability during this situation. EVGA is really testing the threshold of my limits though.
I honestly feel that they just don't want to honor warranties anymore and that they pick and choose like some sort of raffle bucket with names in it for who gets a good product replacement.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 12:47:30 (permalink)
Have you received any update on this yet?

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 12:57:09 (permalink)
DeeKnow
MSim
DeeKnow
UnstableOne

I saw the power supply thread. It actually made me wonder what's causing this kind of treatment to the consumer as that damage looks like an angry ex got a hold of it before sending it to the consumer.

As for the Liquid Cooling thread,  WOW. Just WOW. I seriously am beginning to regret choosing EVGA more so than I already was. 

Overall I'm trying to keep my composure and be kind to the best of my ability during this situation. EVGA is really testing the threshold of my limits though.
I honestly feel that they just don't want to honor warranties anymore and that they pick and choose like some sort of raffle bucket with names in it for who gets a good product replacement.

I think EVGA has branched off into too many products and they don't have the infrastructure or personnel to deal with all the product lines. Add that on top of the miner/scalpers/used market scammers plus people complaining about the RMA's they received, although some were justified as of late, and I think were seeing the result. Heres the one thing you can bank on..... if EVGA screws up there customer service model that built the company, it will be the end of them. People like myself who have been here forever and helped build this forum community are very concerned with EVGA's position/attitude as of late with RMA's and no communication with the general community about what is going on. That was not how EVGA ran its business and how they got as far as they have and how they earned the very good reputation they have over the years. Really, this is/was?!? one of the few companies that I would give the benefit of the doubt to but from what im seeing I think they have lost that good will, with respect soon to follow and a dead community/customer base not far behind. So someone better try to right this ship or its going down. EVGA, we will understand and work with you no matter how bad the news is but you cant just step on your VERY loyal community like this, it just not going to breed anything good.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
DeeKnow
Re: EVGA Sent me a damaged 1050ti RMA and refuses to replace due to "PCB Damage" 2018/04/17 13:22:26 (permalink)
MSim
Have you received any update on this yet?

The only responses I've had were from the 14th and earlier.
"Hello,

Unfortunately we are unable to give you a replacement for this damaged card. If you would like to speak with a supervisor or manager then you can call in on Monday after 9am PST at 888-881-3842 and there will be one available for you to speak with.

Regards,
EVGA" 

Is the most recent response on the 14th. They have said this to me 3 times now. I feel this is unfair and I'm not going to go away EVGA.

Calling them did no good. They just walk around in circles repeating the same denial of replacement and how they can "assure you they would not send a damaged unit"

I personally feel that it most likely is that someone at EVGA mishandled this case and pretended like it never happened as to not receive some sort of penalty for the damage and now I'm being denied the RMA per to their promise and word that they inspected and tested it properly.   
I hate having to think that.. but it's really what I think. 
post edited by DeeKnow - 2018/04/17 13:35:22
Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile