EVGA

Received physically damaged RMA (power supply)

Author
UnstableOne
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/04/16 11:58:07 (permalink)

NOT going to be blamed for damage.
UPS delivered it less than 30 minutes ago.
Sending the entire unedited unboxing video to evga and pictures.

Does it affect the psu running? it obstructs being mounted flush in the case
Does it affect the warranty?  YES - which is the problem

12 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:15:02 (permalink)
    Hello, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your product/RMA. I have contacted you via PM to get this resolved and get you back into working order. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM as well as the Customer Support Line 1 (888) 881-3842. 

Regards,
    Thomas N. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:22:07 (permalink)
    In the past EVGA has been good at dealing with damage that doesn’t effect the usability of the item. Respond to the PM by the tech and see what they can do.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:23:49 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    In the past EVGA has been good at dealing with damage that doesn’t effect the usability of the item. Respond to the PM by the tech and see what they can do.

Evga has also been shown to deny an RMA for a damaged item that was received that way. Good job on the OP for recording the unboxing and protecting themselves.

Recent case:
    https://forums.evga.com/E...B-Damage-m2813288.aspx
    UnstableOne
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:25:02 (permalink)
    Hoggle

say that to my z97 classified.
    this is the 2nd time in a row that RMA department has damaged something
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:25:03 (permalink)
    UnstableOne

NOT going to be blamed for damage.
    UPS delivered it less than 30 minutes ago.
    Sending the entire unedited unboxing video to evga and pictures.

Does it affect the psu running? it obstructs being mounted flush in the case
    Does it affect the warranty?  YES - which is the problem

Good catch and good job examining the replacement product.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:38:39 (permalink)
    Hoggle

In the past, sure. No longer.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:45:29 (permalink)
    Thanks Thomas

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGA_Thomas123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 150
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 12:50:13 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Thanks Thomas

Not a problem. I'm sorry to hear if anyone else has similar issues. Feel free to send a PM to me and I'll do my best to get it resolved. I'm here to assist you to the best of my abilities. 

Regards,
    Thomas N.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 16:34:20 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ThomasN
    rjohnson11
    Thanks Thomas

Not a problem. I'm sorry to hear if anyone else has similar issues. Feel free to send a PM to me and I'll do my best to get it resolved. I'm here to assist you to the best of my abilities. 

Regards,
    Thomas N.

If you want to help:

I know you are paid by EVGA to do as you are instructed, so there is probably nothing you can do, but if there is any way you can knock some sense into EVGA before they finish completely trashing their customer service reputation, the time has come.

By EVGA's own description, EVGA's B-Stock and other refurbished products may have cosmetic blemishes. It is completely ridiculous to deny people's warranty claims for refurbished products which arrive to the customer with those cosmetic blemishes EVGA admits are likely to exist.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/04/16 16:36:57

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

mike406
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 904
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/16 19:42:19 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    EVGATech_ThomasN
    rjohnson11
    Thanks Thomas

Regards,
    Thomas N.

If you want to help:

I know you are paid by EVGA to do as you are instructed, so there is probably nothing you can do, but if there is any way you can knock some sense into EVGA before they finish completely trashing their customer service reputation, the time has come.

By EVGA's own description, EVGA's B-Stock and other refurbished products may have cosmetic blemishes. It is completely ridiculous to deny people's warranty claims for refurbished products which arrive to the customer with those cosmetic blemishes EVGA admits are likely to exist.

They cover their butts by saying it's all done case by case. Makes you wonder the number of people who just accept that and walk away sad without coming to the forums about it. We definitely need to voice our opinions as consumers and especially as supporters of this company. Whatever happened to the customer is always right??

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

DeeKnow
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/17 05:11:46 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    EVGATech_ThomasN
    rjohnson11
    Thanks Thomas

Regards,
    Thomas N.

If you want to help:

Yea. One thing about my case in specific though. They keep "Reassuring" Me. That they "Would never send out a replacement missing screws or with noticable damage."
    To which my response was literally their own RMA description statement about B Stock Products.
    Which just makes them walk around bushes in circles until I agree to get off the phone.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Received physically damaged RMA (power supply) 2018/04/17 18:33:24 (permalink)
    if you read the terms of the warranty anything more than taking it out of the box and sticking in a sealed vault could void the warranty, and to add insult they say you have pay to get a broken product back or they will "recycle it"

• Graphics Cards that are modified by customer outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
    • Graphics Cards with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
    • Damages to PCB (Printed Circuit Board) whether cut, scratched, warped, cracked, dented or broken.
    • Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the graphics card including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
    • Any missing hardware, components and/or assemblies of the graphics card.
    • Cosmetic damages deemed outside of reasonable usage caused by deep scratches, cuts, cracks, dents, discoloration, neglect, dropping or mishandling the graphics card.
    • Graphics Cards that are exposed to liquid, liquid residue or excessive humid environments resulting in rust, moisture, dampness, stains, corrosion or liquid spills on components, hardware or electronics. Burns or component Flare-ups as a result of a liquid accident or spill.
    • Direct usage of paint, submersion of the graphic card in oil, use of adhesives or glues on any part of the graphics card, usage of solder to the PCB, electronics and/or component modification.
    • Exposure to cigarette tar residue, dampness, sand, dirt or excessive debris.
    • Graphics Cards that are rendered non-functional due an accident, collision with an object or tool, use of excessive force, neglect for care, exposure to fire or abnormal heat, flooding, dirt, windstorms, lightning, earthquakes, excessive weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
    • Defects or damage resulting from the use of a 3rd party product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, software or secondary peripheral equipment not furnished for the usage with or approved for the Graphics Card by EVGA CORPORATION.
    • Defects or damages resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
    • The use of inadequate shipment packaging or use of inadequate packing material resulting in damages to the graphics card while in transit with your shipping courier.
    • Unauthorized changes to the BIOS or Firmware on graphics card that do not have a Multiple BIOS option may cause this warranty to be null and void.
    • Products received in a condition that is not covered under these warranty terms will be returned to the customer. The customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. The customer may, with written consent, request to have the product recycled instead of returned.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile