EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 15
Author
nrpeyton
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 257
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 16:59:51 (permalink)
Miner's should be prioritised, as a Miner shopping for a GPU is someone making an economic decision, gamers are only playing games.  (Only joking lol).

Really, the queue system is unfair.  Those who aren't working who can get to the website have an advantage over someone whose got to wait for 3hrs before their shift ends.

The first 8hrs should be randomised  (Pulled out of a hat).  Then the next 8hrs (randomised queue), so on and so forth.

And SPAMMING the forums should not put you ahead of loyal EVGA customers.
post edited by nrpeyton - 2021/09/16 17:05:17

ramcharger89
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1034
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 17:20:50 (permalink)
This month will be a year that I have been waiting for a 3885 and I'm 34 mins away. Don't think I'm ever going to see that card. No movement for months.

1)CPU:Xeon 3450-CPU Cooler:Zalman 9900 Max-MB:P-55 SLI-MEM:Corsair XMS3 1600 DDR-3-HHD:WD640 BLK-GPU:2x470GTX-PSU:PC P&C-910-CASE:XCLIO Windtunnel-OS:WINDOWS7 PRO-64 Bit- BIO:74
2)CPU:i7-860-CPU Cooler:Zalman 9900 Max-MB: P-55 FTW-MEM:Corsair XMS3 1600 DDR-3-HHD: WD640 BLK-
GPU:2x560ti in SLI-PSU:PC P&C-950-CASE:NZXT Hades-OS:WINDOWS7 HOME PREM-64 Bit-BIO:74
We want an unfair advantage-This is War!-ShaneD

brenden77
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 18:47:42 (permalink)
Option 1. Tried and true.

It's been working, but I'm guessing you're getting people not responding. So what if you sent an email to everyone and had them reply back to keep their spot. Give a week for them to respond. Anyone who doesn't respond gets moved to the back of the line.

Co-Creator of The NEW EVGA Queue Tracker
Co-Editor of The Notify Queue Spreadsheets
*Google: EVGA Queue Tracker*

Use my Associate Code for a discount on EVGA products: 4FDRDFAD6KK113P

Also known for asking 30 Series cards to go Elite First!

Google: EVGA Queue Tracker
brenden77
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 18:48:46 (permalink)
I second this. Take a couple months and feed EU.

Co-Creator of The NEW EVGA Queue Tracker
Co-Editor of The Notify Queue Spreadsheets
*Google: EVGA Queue Tracker*

Use my Associate Code for a discount on EVGA products: 4FDRDFAD6KK113P

Also known for asking 30 Series cards to go Elite First!

Google: EVGA Queue Tracker
vw_fan17
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 18:49:56 (permalink)
Wait - you're still notifying people? For real? I've been sitting since December 2020 on 5 different queues and nothing.. At this point, I figured you'd actually stopped bothering.

Edit: Oh, look at that, this account is 5+ years old. I guess I created it when I registered my GTX970. I own multiple EVGA GPUs, including a very, VERY old 8600 GT or GTS. Why am I not elite? :-)
post edited by vw_fan17 - 2021/09/16 19:08:15
tstert
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 19:31:12 (permalink)
I like option two, one 30 series. Two cards at most seems fair.
Ducrider
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 391
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 20:13:54 (permalink)
I got through about 3/4 of the first page of this thread and think it's all should be as a EVGA customer for many years,BEEN a member here for many years and even folding for Team EVGA should move some of us closer to the top of the list. Yes I have many cards in the list. I will be happy to get any of them. Yes I will fold on them. Yes I will be a member here for a long time after getting a card. Should that move me up the list.YES IT SHOULD. Should I have to wait till someone who doesn't buy EVGA cards much less be a member of this forum get their card first? NO I shouldn't. The ones who have spent money to make this company grow over the years should be able to buy and keep it growing. Yes a sold card to who ever is still a sell but is it for us who have waited many months. Yes I did get a sku email of course it was when I was working and could not make it to the bank in time. So I had to pass on it. That is not EVGA's fault. Not getting any more since is my issue. EVGA should look at who is actually HERE and a member for more than 2 weeks with 101 post to justify getting on a list. I have no reason to cast a vote. Because the whole system needs a revamp allowing us who have been HERE and have spent time and money on making EVGA what it is now. Not allowing someone who buys a cheaper card but can't get it join in to buy when they can't find said cheaper card. 

I9 10850K
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N
Corsair HX1050
Cougar Dark Blade
Win10 64 bit
 Elite ID https://www.evga.com/memb...id=92AD5FMPFQC6Y9R5XNU
950 at 4.427  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1471094
Heatware=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72404
Hwbot:http://www.hwbot.org/user/ducrider/

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 20:34:58 (permalink)
Whichever approach will help the K|NGP|N HC queue move faster. 

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

br00tal
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/16 23:38:08 (permalink)
DerpMagoo
Cheemonstonzo
br00tal
I read many greedy comments by people that have a 30x video card and want more of them.
We are in emergency and it be correct give a possibility to everyone.

Look at the queue datasheet. Many not purchased items and we are not even sure that the not purchased goes to the follow queue user...

Having more than one gamer in a household is not being greedy.
Being the "tech person" in your friend/family circle is not being greedy.
Having a legitimate business need is not being greedy.
Scalping is being greedy.

Just take a trip down to a BB drop and talk to some people in line.  A large portion of people there are either professional or opportunist scalpers with the sole intention of immediately flipping whatever they can get their hands on.

Even if scalpers were non-existent, availability would still be terrible due to the incredible demand from gamers, miners, and business.

Agreed! I'd like to add one more: having more than 1 computer is not greedy. One for home office, one for home entertainment system. The extra computer also serves as an emergency backup since I work from home mostly. 

Yes, is greedy because you want multiple video card because you have 3 sons and 1 wife and several computers in your house.
You can pass the best video card replaced by 30 series to another computer and so on...
There're people in queue that need only a video card and you pretend to buy more video cards because you have more computers.

Yes, for me is greedy

nexmoco
Option 1:
I have 4 pcs in my house and have already received a 3070ti and 3060 for 2 of them. My wife is a graphic designer and I'm an engineer. I've been waiting for a 3090 for a LONG time and I would love to be able to get a kingpin(23 away in queue)and already have the water block waiting.
I also build and sell systems part time. I've had very little luck building since the 30 series launched, keeping the que the same would allow more gamers to get systems and allow me to upgrade both our personal rigs to 3090s when my time comes for those skus.

Evo8You
Option one please! Most of us have multiple builds going on or just would like to keep one on the shelf in case of an emergency like I have lol.

redteamgo
Queue system is good, customer service is great.  I just queued for everything and whatever popped first is what I bought.  Still waiting on that 3090 Ultra FTW3 

This confirms my theory.
There're even people that build systems for others people earning money and there're people that can't have a single video card for himself!
post edited by br00tal - 2021/09/17 00:10:28
TonPare
  • Total Posts : 2
Flagged as Spam (6)
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 00:57:43 (permalink)
Yes it's very easy to do.
TonPare
  • Total Posts : 2
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 00:59:52 (permalink)
Almost 1 year release series 30 can't buy any gpu several money. :(
McAztec
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 01:24:01 (permalink)
br00tal

Yes, is greedy because you want multiple video card because you have 3 sons and 1 wife and several computers in your house.
You can pass the best video card replaced by 30 series to another computer and so on...
There're people in queue that need only a video card and you pretend to buy more video cards because you have more computers.

Yes, for me is greedy

This confirms my theory.
There're even people that build systems for others people earning money and there're people that can't have a single video card for himself!

Not sure if greedy is the right word, but it's unfair for sure. Having a 2nd PC is fine and dandy when there's plenty to go around, but as someone said, how about we all get a piece of the pie and then they can go and have 2nd servings all they want....

As for backups, mate @DerpMagoo a backup is supposed to be "just in case", like an old 1080 you had laying around or something. Enough to keep it running... If you have 2 Ferraris you can't say the 2nd one is a backup, that's not a backup, it's a top-of-the-line premium product... The same goes for the guy wanting to keep a gpu "on the shelf" for emergencies, what are you gonna do with it @Evo8You, break the glass in case of fire with the metal backplate? This is a bit ridiculous guys. At least the ones supposedly buying GPUs for their whole family had a slightly better reason.
Also I'd like to point out for those that argued against removing transferable warranty: if you give your cousin a card, in the unlikely event that he needs an RMA, he can still go trough you, nobody knows who's PC it was in afterall. This isn't against you buying GPUs for the kids, it's against scalpers. Nobody's gonna RMA a GPU trough an ebay seller, which makes it less appealing, but if you're the family tech guy you will be the one to RMA it no matter who used it because you're the tech guy, so nothing changes there.

Everyone says "we hate scalpers", "scalpers are the problem", but then some want 5 GPUs each, that doesn't work. The prime way to prevent scalping, is by limiting to 1 each. If you've got a GPU already and you legitimately want another then you probably won't buy the second one scalped, as the system worked for you and all, and there's no reason to overpay, but the thousands of people waiting in the queue for a single GPU are slowly pushed towards the scalper's market, because they (we, actually) just see a queue that barely moves (especially here in the EU), people getting multiple at once while we're waiting for 1, eBay filled with EVGA GPUs and we're just sick of it. It feels like I'll get a 3080 on the 4080's launch date at this rate. It's frustrating to the core.

</rant>
br00tal
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 05:05:51 (permalink)
Fully agree
Jaccoon
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 05:27:04 (permalink)
Making the Elite membership actually exclusive or more "Elite"
Even without the wheelspin, people spamming comments have the same status as someone who has spent over $3000 on EVGA products over the past 12 months alone. Seems foolish.
The queue for me has been successful and I have only signed up for products that I intend to purchase. Maybe limit people to a certain number of queues?
craze42
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 05:44:29 (permalink)
Jaccoon
Maybe limit people to a certain number of queues?

If we had more transparency regarding queue times, that might make some sense. However as it stands, we don't. I personally signed up for everything I could(that fit my budget and performance needs - not everything on the entire store mind you(ie: queued for all 3080ti's because I wanted a 3080ti and wasn't exactly picky about which one I got)) on launch day, as I had zero idea of what was going to drop when or how the stock was gonna move going forward. I only really intend to buy whatever happens to come up in queue first, and I'm sure there are multiple other people out there doing the exact same thing. Heck, I've removed myself from 2 queues already.

All in all, I think the proposed is a poor idea, simply because there are some people out there who genuinely don't care if they get a black, xc3, ftw, or hybrid, just as long as they get a card of their preferred flavor, whichever specific model it ends up being is irrelevant.
Kitwell
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 06:00:27 (permalink)
I'm a little late to the party... still trying to figure out how to get in the queue...
Neutro
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 436
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 06:58:17 (permalink)
Hello Jacob,

I voted "other" because whether you're allowed 1 card per SKU or 1 card for all of the 3x series the problem remains the same: even if you stand watch at the precise time of new cards release to enter the queue, your website is overloaded and it's impossible to get one unless you're extremely lucky.

To avoid your website getting overloaded and since the current situation is kinda already like a lottery, why dont you actually make it a real lottery system so the "winners" are just randomly selected from the queue list?

You should also require people to send a document proving their official ID when they make a purchase to avoid people fooling the system and registering multiple times.

Also perhaps giving some form of priority to your oldest loyal customers that are registered on your forum for years would be nice  Because even if the "elite priority" thing was a good idea, the fact that you could get it easily just by posting a few messages on the forum was kinda defeating the purpose. 

9900k / EVGA Z370 FTW / 4070 FE / Corsair DDR4 3200 Mhz 16GB / Phanteks P600S / EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 / WD SN850 1 TB / Asus PG248Q - pix
sholm
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 07:21:26 (permalink)
Here's another idea:

Require a deposit to enter the queue so it's more like a pre-order.  It doesn't have to be an outrageous amount either.  Cancellations and refunds could be allowed at any time but that removes them from the queue.
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 08:08:16 (permalink)
I see a lot of people complaining in ways the queue has had a negative effect when it's been purely down to availability.

I feel a happy medium to feed the masses and yet cover purchasing for your neighbours/kids/life partner/distant cousins ect would be

You can queue for 1(one) card of any one SKU at any one time. Once you have your queue fulfilled you can then queue again for 1(one) card of any one SKU. (no changing lanes you want a different card you remove and re-queue)
This way there is fair distribution and stock permitting you can get as many cards as you'll need

In my opinion this works best when stock is poor and abundant.

If stock is abundant then this can be raised or lowered accordingly.

24 Hour purchase window - and if you've not responded to the notify email within a further 24 hours pleading your case (what ever reason you missed your notify email) you get a 90 day unable to queue pause on your acc (this would be to discourage staying in queue if your not going to purchase so that stock can flow better) again this could be lowered when there is an abundance of stock and it doesn't cause a delay to another person.
craze42
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 09:01:16 (permalink)
Neutro
Also perhaps giving some form of priority to your oldest loyal customers that are registered on your forum for years would be nice  Because even if the "elite priority" thing was a good idea, the fact that you could get it easily just by posting a few messages on the forum was kinda defeating the purpose.

I dislike the notion of 'loyalty via forum participation' in whole. I've been an EVGA customer since 2008(didn't register that card or make an account until I bought my second card 4.5 years later, because I was 16 at the time and appropriately inexperienced), but up until yesterday or so I'd never even used the forums.

I say the rules for elite status are fine, if you remove all mentions of forum participation from the entry avenues. Just shuffle out anyone who achieved status via those means post 30 series launch(or after the date of the announcement that elite members would be getting 24hr priority on said launch, which is what created the incentive to abuse that method in the first place) and into their own alternate category(possibly rename 'elite', or just leave it as is and create something entirely new with a different name, that has the same purchase/account history requirements, sans the forum post option, and then use that status as the qualifier for the 24hr early queue access).

There's a lot of people posting here complaining about that even being a thing in the first place, and understandably so(I agree with their complaints, if that hasn't been made clear). Honestly, even the option to gain status via purchasing a product of sufficient value should have been off the table within a certain time frame leading up to the 30 series launch(the price of a mobo or high tier PSU is nothing compared to the profits of scalping multiple GPUs, etc.). Instead, when they made the announcement about elite members getting 24hr early access, it should have been done 3-6 months prior to launch, along with a statement that only members who had acquired the status prior to said announcement would qualify. If they'd done that, even the forum post option wouldn't have been an issue, as it would have only contained people that were genuinely participating up to that point, as they would have had no ulterior motive to do so prior to this(tl;dr: if it had been plainly stated that there was a hard cutoff date, and there was no advance warning regarding this announcement, nobody could have used that option - or any other option - to weasel their way in just to queue early). I suppose that's neither here nor there now though, but we could at least do something about things going forward. I wholeheartedly doubt that that's gonna happen, but there's my $0.02.

As for the people commenting/lamenting about being in queue since 2020 to no avail, I sympathize, really. Even though I withdrew my queue for my 3080 ftw hybrid that I entered December 17th, it still feels awful to think about the fact that I still to this day would not have received it, had I stayed in queue(according to enewt's oh so handy tracking project, which I am most grateful for, and has allowed me to retain some modicum of sanity throughout this... *ahem* "process"). Now this is pure speculation on my part, and should be treated entirely as such, but its my belief that in light of the silicon and chip shortages, the limited supply of these early SKUs(most of the plain 3060s, the non HC 3090s, as well as all the 3060ti's, 3070s, and 3080s - even in LHR form) and astronomical queue times for them is a result of stock being diverted to maintain contract fulfillment for things that were decided far in advance of the situation we now find ourselves in, leaving little to none left over for direct sale/queue fulfillment. My basis for this speculation is the comparatively rapid movement of the 3070ti and 3080ti queues compared to all prior cards. Knowing full well the situation at the time(being, what, 9 months into it at this point when those dropped?), I believe the decision was made to allocate far fewer cards to contract fulfillment(by taking less contracts) in order to actually have cards left over for direct sale/queue/warranty replacement/step-up/etc. Its the only conclusion I can come up with for why the later SKUs are still moving, while the 'legacy' ones are stopped dead in their tracks.

For all those out there still waiting on a 3060 of either flavor, or a 3070/80/90, you might try getting in queue(even if its a bit late now) for the 3070/80 ti cards. Even being 3 months late to get in line, I still imagine that you'll see fulfillment sooner than on those older SKUs, for the simple reason that the queues for the newer cards are actually moving(data again based on enewt's community tracking project - as others have stated, I'm forced to agree that at least some level of transparency from EVGA in this matter would have been/would be nice; it shouldn't be up to the community to take something like this upon themselves), whereas the ones for the older/'launch' cards(and their direct replacements, in the case of SKUs that received the LHR treatment) are very much not. I believe that EVGA committed to contracts to supply X number of cards to Y number of companies, prior to everything going pear shaped regarding the supply chain, and is simply stuck honoring those agreements with little to no stock left over to satisfy end users who wish to purchase direct/queue. Again, just my $0.02, and again, this is all speculation, and not meant to be taken as an attempt to throw shade at EVGA.

Now I'm just spitballing, and I'll admit that I'm not intimately familiar with the 2nd hand warranty policy(beyond knowing its a thing that exists), but what about adding a clause that invalidates the transferability for any card sold second hand in anything other than "used" condition(not "open box", or "new(other)", etc. but full on "used"), while requiring an invoice to back it up. I could imagine an action like that putting at least some kind of dent in the ebay scalper market, as there really is a significant gap between the new and used price points when it comes to these things(I checked, even making sure to tick "sold listings only"). The transferable warranty is a pretty significant "value-add" for EVGA products vs their competitors, and effectively making scalpers choose between losing out on that and selling the cards as no warranty at all, or being forced to list them as "used" and lose out on 80% of their margin would make some of them reconsider(at least the more 'opportunistic' ones, IMHO).

Additionally, as an extension to the above(or possible alternative), you could start tracking the serial numbers of second hand sale registrations, and correlating those against known serials that have been sold via the queue. If the provided invoice/proof of sale lists the card as "new in box", and you successfully match the serial number back to the account to which it was originally sold, just permanently blacklist them. No more sales of any kind, all queues canceled, account closed, name, address, credit card number all blacklisted. Selling a used card is one thing, with plenty of reasons to justify it, from upgrades(not wanting to wait on stock for the step-up queue) to financial hardship, and beyond(I myself am considering selling my 3070 ti that I settled on - as it was all I could get to replace my ailing 980 ti which was on its way out the door - in order to help pay for the 3080 ti that I wanted(an OG 3080 was what I had really wanted, if we want to get technical, but seeing as those are virtually unobtainium outside of the scalper market at the moment, it seems like the 3080 ti is going to be the way to go if I actually want to get my hands on a GPU, astronomical MSRP hike over the original model be damned). All that being said, selling a new in box card that you got off queue is an entirely different matter, at least in my opinion, and is something that EVGA should be making a priority to shut down.

And yeah, I do support the ability for people to purchase multiple GPUs should they have a legitimate need for it. The folks I see levying complaints about people getting cards before them(potentially multiple cards), based on the queue times they have stated, are probably still holding out hope for the original launch card SKUs of a year ago(which as I mentioned previously, aren't moving, and haven't been for 9 months now), as the 3070 and 80 ti's have barely been out for 3 months right now, so any queue time longer than that is undeniably for one of the older cards, which as we've observed, simply don't have supply(not just insufficient supply to meet demand, but just flat out no supply, at least not any that's going to the queue). I saw that my queues for those older cards weren't going anywhere, and I got on the site at 6 am and attempted to bash my way into line for one of the new SKUs when they dropped; now I've got a 3070 ti to show for it. It may not have been the card I wanted, but at least it doesn't crash randomly when idle like my 980 ti did(purchased second hand, long since out of warranty). It just seems to me like an unwillingness to adapt to the situation on the part of these people, when its readily apparent that there just isn't stock for those older models available to be distributed to the queue, and continuing to sit on your place in line and lament the lack of progress is clearly not a viable avenue for procuring yourself a GPU. Like I said before, get in queue for some of the newer stuff that's actually moving. When there's no supply, pulling other people out of line in order to push yourself further ahead isn't going to change the fact that the line isn't moving, which is why I'm fundamentally opposed to it as an idea.

Will we see any of these changes get implemented? No, probably not, but hey at least I got this stuff off my chest... There's your rant for the day. (love to see some of those website issues I mentioned back on page 1 fixed too, BTW - especially the code oriented ones, which are probably the most grievous of the lot)
sholm
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 09:12:55 (permalink)
Just for fun I poked around the internet at a few EU authorized resellers and found a few different 3080s available.  It's just priced higher than MSRP.

Pro tip:  Buy the overpriced 3080 and step it up to a 3090 ftw3 ultra.  In the end it's just the price of the 3090 with a bit extra for the additional shipping.  Obviously this advice doesn't apply if you can't afford a 3090.
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 09:45:55 (permalink)
sholm
Pro tip:  Buy the overpriced 3080 and step it up to a 3090 ftw3 ultra.  In the end it's just the price of the 3090 with a bit extra for the additional shipping.  Obviously this advice doesn't apply if you can't afford a 3090.

Not quite, EVGA will only give you the MSRP price for a step up regardless of what you actually paid, "If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP."  FAQ: https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/.

sholm
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 10:00:40 (permalink)
Flint 1760
sholm

Not quite, EVGA will only give you the MSRP price for a step up regardless of what you actually paid, "If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP."  FAQ: https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/.

Ouch, I stand corrected.  I guess it's not quite as simple as EVGA says in that doc:

"Simply put, the cost of EVGA Step-Up is the difference between what you paid for your original product and the new product listed at the EVGA Store."

McAztec
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 10:21:07 (permalink)
austin86
wow wait so B2B sails get cards right away, no for real? I have a llc for a shop I run out of my garage on the side, maybe I should contact EVGA and get some cards in bulk and sell them on eBay...

/s

Where exactly did I say they get cards right away? I didn't say that, I said it's a different avenue that they should be taking, it's literally a different queue. As many mentioned, some GPUs are allocated for B2B and what's left end up in the queue, if someone runs a business they should establish a business relationship with EVGA (that includes a one-off purchase, or rather an order in the business clients queue or whatever they use to establish who gets what and when) rather than compete with the end user for products.
If you run a garage shop then good for you, I appreciate enterprising individuals but please understand that the queue is not meant for business clients, for people trying to use it to make a living (or a few dollars on the side), it's meant for end users, a garage shop is a business not an end user, no matter how you put it. And yes you can contact EVGA to get cards in bulk, that's what retailers and distributors do afterall, isn't it? If you don't have the buying power to make the minimum order then go down the food chain to one of their distributors. What you price them afterwards is your business by the looks of the current market, they are actually cheaper on eBay than the local shops atm from what I can tell.
Do you always just resell what you buy at microcenter or online stores meant for end users? Is this why you're so defensive, because you've been getting cards of the queue to put them in systems you sell afterwards?

The strawman was not appreciated, I was hoping for a civil discussion.
Good day to you sir!
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:07:32 (permalink)
EVGA should Backorder it like everyone else.
I have bought the card from retailers since I first went on the cue..all backordered and delivered.
I have yet to have been notified from Dec 2020 on the EVGA site.

Just my 2 cents!

Update...I voted other...
and if they ever do notify I will probably turn it down and buy a 50 or 60 series card instead
post edited by SmookinJoe - 2021/09/17 11:26:47

Drwsek
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:14:32 (permalink)
The question is whether the vote is also intended for EU customers. And if a possible change will bring more cards for the EU.

It would be interesting to know the ratio of voters (US / EU) in each option.

According to the current vote, I don't see a way-out for nine month wait. 

Europe  08G-P5-3785-KL  6/15/2021 9:09:02 AM PT  No
Europe  08G-P5-3755-KL  1/23/2021 1:48:25 PM PT  No
urban_monk
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:33:26 (permalink)
I have several friends who put in the queue after a month or more after me and they got their cards months ago....kinda BS! What gives on that? I still in the queue with no notifications....is it random? Thought it would be sequential. Will be 8 months waiting. 
phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:36:22 (permalink)
Ducrider
I got through about 3/4 of the first page of this thread and think it's all should be as a EVGA customer for many years,BEEN a member here for many years and even folding for Team EVGA should move some of us closer to the top of the list. Yes I have many cards in the list. I will be happy to get any of them. Yes I will fold on them. Yes I will be a member here for a long time after getting a card. Should that move me up the list.YES IT SHOULD. Should I have to wait till someone who doesn't buy EVGA cards much less be a member of this forum get their card first? NO I shouldn't. The ones who have spent money to make this company grow over the years should be able to buy and keep it growing. Yes a sold card to who ever is still a sell but is it for us who have waited many months. Yes I did get a sku email of course it was when I was working and could not make it to the bank in time. So I had to pass on it. That is not EVGA's fault. Not getting any more since is my issue. EVGA should look at who is actually HERE and a member for more than 2 weeks with 101 post to justify getting on a list. I have no reason to cast a vote. Because the whole system needs a revamp allowing us who have been HERE and have spent time and money on making EVGA what it is now. Not allowing someone who buys a cheaper card but can't get it join in to buy when they can't find said cheaper card. 

NOBODY should be moved up on the list for anything. A place in line is a place in line period. You could respond to the email where you missed the window to purchase and they will likely resend the email to you and allow you to purchase. They did for me.

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:43:21 (permalink)
Apparently the EVGA Queue System is like life..
Works for some and not others...
Not fair at all...
Guess we are supposed to pray for a miracle..
But to who?...
Makes one think

phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:45:13 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
Apparently the EVGA Queue System is like life..
Works for some and not others...
Not fair at all...
Guess we are supposed to pray for a miracle..
But to who?...
Makes one think

There is no way to make it perceivable as fair to everyone because everyone has their own idea of fair. I like the system the way it is and have voted as such. Seems most people are of the same mindset. 

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile