EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 15
Author
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:52:32 (permalink)
phroze
SmookinJoe
Apparently the EVGA Queue System is like life..
Works for some and not others...
Not fair at all...
Guess we are supposed to pray for a miracle..
But to who?...
Makes one think

There is no way to make it perceivable as fair to everyone because everyone has their own idea of fair. I like the system the way it is and have voted as such. Seems most people are of the same mindset. 

We are entitled to an opinion
Glad the EVGA Queue System is working for you.
I know that it isn't working for allot of others...
Maybe they know the poll is lip service.
Do you go out of your way to make other peoples life better?
I have, but I am only as good as others allow me to be.
I don't argue over silly things anymore but I did share my opinion
Thank you phroze for sharing yours
post edited by SmookinJoe - 2021/09/17 11:54:02

phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 11:57:23 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
phroze
SmookinJoe
Apparently the EVGA Queue System is like life..
Works for some and not others...
Not fair at all...
Guess we are supposed to pray for a miracle..
But to who?...
Makes one think

There is no way to make it perceivable as fair to everyone because everyone has their own idea of fair. I like the system the way it is and have voted as such. Seems most people are of the same mindset. 

We are entitled to an opinion
Glad the EVGA Queue System is working for you.
I know that it isn't work for allot of others...
Do you go out of your way to make other peoples life better?
Thank you phroze for sharing yours

I know that it isn't work for allot of others... It works for the majority. It is impossible to please everyone.
Do you go out of your way to make other peoples life better? I do but do not see what this has to do with a GPU queue
Thank you phroze for sharing yours You're welcome

And finally since it is change that you want, how would you like it to be different?

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
RogueMaster
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 403
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:03:50 (permalink)
I'll add my vote to remove the 100 posts requirement for elite.

Product owners should be 'Elite', not forum spammers with low (or no) quality posts polluting threads for the sake of running up a counter.

It's fairly frustrating when you're looking for information on an issue, see that a thread has new replies, and the replies are all trash posts from 'elite' spammers.

Time to do away with that nonsense.

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:07:38 (permalink)
RogueMaster

Product owners should be 'Elite', not forum spammers with low (or no) quality posts polluting threads for the sake of running up a counter.

It's fairly frustrating when you're looking for information on an issue, see that a thread has new replies, and the replies are all trash posts from 'elite' spammers.

I agree about the 100 post elite stuff. It should be a reward for people that purchased items in the past only.

Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:08:11 (permalink)
phroze
~~snip~~
And finally since it is change that you want, how would you like it to be different?

If they are offering a product for sale, and not yet available, make the sale and backorder it.
Simple straight forward to the point.

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:09:34 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
phroze
~~snip~~

If they are offering a product for sale, and not yet available, make the sale and backorder it.

That is not working for for any of the companies that are trying it. Also, Nvidia does not allow it.

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:13:06 (permalink)
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
~~snip~~

That is not working for for any of the companies that are trying it. Also, Nvidia does not allow it.

phroze
It is working and has been for all the companies I buy from.

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:15:49 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
~~snip~~

phroze

You live in a utopia then. Where I live people pre order and constantly bash the company via twitter and other social medias that it is taking too long to get their product. They start doing charge backs and demanding refunds. And like I said, Nvidia does not allow preorders at all. EVGA being a direct AIB would be foolish to break the rules.

Th3SBP
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:30:36 (permalink)
100%, the limit should be one 30 product per signup. That doesn't mean they aren't allowed to get multiple notifications, but once they make a purchase there's some time interval they have to wait before making another purchase. If the queue is for the average person to get cards, then limiting the purchases to one 30 series makes the most sense. 

Also, using phone numbers instead of emails would work wonders to limit the number of scalpers creating multiple accounts to have several places in line. 
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:31:22 (permalink)
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
~~snip~~

phroze

You live in a utopia then. Where I live people pre order and constantly bash the company via twitter and other social medias that it is taking too long to get their product. They start doing charge backs and demanding refunds. And like I said, Nvidia does not allow preorders at all. EVGA being a direct AIB would be foolish to break the rules.

I wouldn't say utopia...lol
I will say that I don't get impatient often.
If I am having issues with a company and am trying to work with them the last thing I do is openly bash them.
I find that too many impatient people jump all over a company, in the media world, and wonder why they don't get satisfaction.
I could tell you how my credit card company kicked Dell's butt for me and helped me return all my Dell equipment after 7 months of use($4000) or how they returned the money to me from Dyson on a shoddy vacuum repair.
If Nvidia doesn't allow it then I guess it is a non issue...
I'm done discussing it.
Nice chatting with ya phroze

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:34:40 (permalink)
Th3SBP
100%, the limit should be one 30 product per signup. That doesn't mean they aren't allowed to get multiple notifications, but once they make a purchase there's some time interval they have to wait before making another purchase. If the queue is for the average person to get cards, then limiting the purchases to one 30 series makes the most sense. 

Also, using phone numbers instead of emails would work wonders to limit the number of scalpers creating multiple accounts to have several places in line. 

I see where you are coming from but am glad that they are not doing that. If that were the case my kids and my brother would still be waiting on cards. The phone number thing is a good idea but it is very easy to get spoof phone numbers as well.

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:35:21 (permalink)
SmookinJoe
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
SmookinJoe
phroze
~~snip~~

phroze

I wouldn't say utopia...lol
I will say that I don't get impatient often.
If I am having issues with a company and am trying to work with them the last thing I do is openly bash them.
I find that too many impatient people jump all over a company, in the media world, and wonder why they don't get satisfaction.
I could tell you how my credit card company kicked Dell's butt for me and helped me return all my Dell equipment after 7 months of use($4000) or how they returned the money to me from Dyson on a shoddy vacuum repair.
If Nvidia doesn't allow it then I guess it is a non issue...
I'm done discussing it.
Nice chatting with ya phroze

Have a good one buddy. Nice chatting with you as well.

Iraq lobster
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 12:52:24 (permalink)
Show a nuber where are you in the liek there need to be 100000 GPU produced and shiped to scalpers and miners before you get yours.
Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 13:05:23 (permalink)
Hello all, quick question, I would like to be ready when my time will come.. I am living in Poland, what kind of paying way is accepted here?
I looked the FAQ and searching this response from 30 min.. I think I don't know how to use the searching option
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 13:17:30 (permalink)
Iraq lobster
Show a nuber where are you in the liek there need to be 100000 GPU produced and shiped to scalpers and miners before you get yours.

No comprende 

rawalshree
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 13:36:01 (permalink)
RogueMaster

Just FYI, the 100 posts requirement is not something newly added. It's been there since 2017-2018 which was way before this chip shortage. 

I just love to see how some people here are not in favor of the 100 posts limit all of a sudden when the chip shortage happened. Especially when they didn't have any issue with this before. How ironic lol

I do agree with you on the spam issue though. Maybe the mods while review the elite request based on the 100 posts criteria should see if the users have actually contributed something to the forums or just put out post to get the target. But just to put the blame on 100 posts criteria is not fair. What if someone genuinely spends time and effort on the forums in hope for an elite membership. Just because there are some spammer here doesn't mean everyone is a spammer

post edited by rawalshree - 2021/09/17 13:41:06
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 16:03:38 (permalink)
I would prefer a combination of both options, where you're able to enter only one queue at a time but are still able to purchase one of each SKU - eventually. I think that is the best option and would help get cards into more people's hands, rather than most of them going to the same group of people.

Edit: I do also support removing the 100-posts-to-Elite track as it only incentivizes spam, and once people attain Elite that way forum moderators have no way to rescind an offender's Elite status. It might also be a good idea to have a longer Elite-only queue registration period, though with the aforementioned path to Elite status the cat may already be out of the bag on that one.
post edited by ExcaliburXVII - 2021/09/17 16:07:49

Associate Code: 3KT9LJMFUXTWFV8

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 16:29:16 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII
I would prefer a combination of both options, where you're able to enter only one queue at a time but are still able to purchase one of each SKU - eventually. I think that is the best option and would help get cards into more people's hands, rather than most of them going to the same group of people.

Edit: I do also support removing the 100-posts-to-Elite track as it only incentivizes spam, and once people attain Elite that way forum moderators have no way to rescind an offender's Elite status. It might also be a good idea to have a longer Elite-only queue registration period, though with the aforementioned path to Elite status the cat may already be out of the bag on that one.

Sounds good but would not work. Issue is that each SKU moves at a very different pace. The FTW card you might get a notification after a few weeks, the XC3 might take 5 months. There is no way of telling which card will be available first. This is why the current system is great superior to that.

ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 17:14:06 (permalink)
phroze
ExcaliburXVII

Sounds good but would not work. Issue is that each SKU moves at a very different pace. The FTW card you might get a notification after a few weeks, the XC3 might take 5 months. There is no way of telling which card will be available first. This is why the current system is great superior to that.

It would work, you would just have to decide which card you want most rather than taking whatever comes first (and then some, in a lot of cases).

Edit: This would also let eVGA gauge demand for each SKU relatively accurately.
post edited by ExcaliburXVII - 2021/09/17 17:28:34

phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 18:05:37 (permalink)
No it would not work well. Good way to get stuck in a dead end queue like the black series. Waiting 2 years for a card, no thanks. I'd much rather take what I can get first. I'm glad that the majority feel the same.

ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 20:09:39 (permalink)
phroze
No it would not work well. Good way to get stuck in a dead end queue like the black series. Waiting 2 years for a card, no thanks. I'd much rather take what I can get first. I'm glad that the majority feel the same.

It would work just fine. eVGA would see the real demand for those SKUs and could allocate appropriately. Feel however you want.
post edited by ExcaliburXVII - 2021/09/17 20:17:24

staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 20:53:41 (permalink)
Here’s a simple solution. Drastically reduce the number of SKU’s available at release. This will corral people into queues that actually move.

One FTW3 and one XC3 per release. You get to put in for one notify each. So basically a limit of 2 per GPU chip model. 3070Ti was basically released this way, until a second XC3 was added later. (Maybe a cool-off timeframe between the first and second notification, system managed)

Consider hybrid, hydro, and KP cards as specials / exceptions. Those would come with the expectation that you trade one of your two notifies from the FTW3/XC3 allotment. Limit 1 special per account. Note: Alternative for folks is to consider a main queue card (FTW3/XC3) and a hybrid or water block kit as the fast track to waterlogged ownership.

With the above plan, we’d need more XC3 produced to strike a better balance with queue movement vs the FTW3. This would erode profits, so I would expect that prices on XC3 would need to be a bit higher to make this work.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
MundoDragon
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 20:55:39 (permalink)
I would support the Option 2 if (and only if) the card that you decide to stay in queue for gets bumped up to your earliest queue time. The original card I queued for on Christmas Eve of last year hasn't moved at all. Not even sure why it is still listed on website. By the time I realized this was happening, a month had already passed before I queued for another, more expensive SKU that was actually moving (albeit very, very slowly, but moving, nonetheless)

I'm really just in favor of anything that will get me an EVGA FTW3. I bought all my PC parts at the end of the year of 2020 before I was aware of the shortage of GPU's. Most components won't matter, but I'm sitting on a 10900K over here that is depreciating more and more every month.
post edited by MundoDragon - 2021/09/17 20:58:59
03whitegsr
Superclocked Member
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/17 23:11:35 (permalink)
Consolidate the queues into just the basic series of cards and treat it like an order system. Take the 5 different 3080 spots every person has and turn it into one spot then email them with "which 3080 do you want?"

Get rid of all the extra versions and just have XC3 ultra, FTW3 ultra and kingpin cards through the queue system they can choose from. Make the hydrocopper and hybrid kits available as an add on option to the order but just do kits instead of pre-installed versions to streamline production.

Couple month cool down period for those that want multiple cards. Or you can get back in the queue once your existing order has filled.
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/18 06:56:16 (permalink)
Urza62
Hello all, quick question, I would like to be ready when my time will come.. I am living in Poland, what kind of paying way is accepted here?
I looked the FAQ and searching this response from 30 min.. I think I don't know how to use the searching option

Hello my Polish friend, I beleive that the answer you seek is Paypal
Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/18 10:05:04 (permalink)
OK, thanks!
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/18 17:33:12 (permalink)
03whitegsr
Consolidate the queues into just the basic series of cards and treat it like an order system. Take the 5 different 3080 spots every person has and turn it into one spot then email them with "which 3080 do you want?"

Get rid of all the extra versions and just have XC3 ultra, FTW3 ultra and kingpin cards through the queue system they can choose from. Make the hydrocopper and hybrid kits available as an add on option to the order but just do kits instead of pre-installed versions to streamline production.

Couple month cool down period for those that want multiple cards. Or you can get back in the queue once your existing order has filled.

There won't be able to be an option of "which 3080 do you want". You can only get what the factory happens to be tooled for at that time. In reality this is why the queue system is that way that it is now. There is no way that they would get rid of the other versions of the cards. They have to be able to compete with the other manufacturers. The current queue system is fine. It is much better than what the other companies are doing which is nothing.

ejaworsk
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/18 21:18:41 (permalink)
EVGA Suggestion: You should sell cards on your stream like you do with giveaways... verify the winner to buy the card is there. sell like 20 cards an hour or w/e your inventory allows. This way when the bots spam buy all your cards like they currently do, they will atleast have to be viewing the stream which is good for the cats. if the bots catch wind that you are selling on stream, you will be at 100k viewers in no time. plus you could do alot of fun things with it. like the winner of marbles gets an option to buy a sweet 3080 that everyone wants. or after viewers get so many points (100000) they can exchange them for a notify to buy email, instead of giving them the gpu like you do now for 360000, that way the regulars would feel rewarded. i think that would really increase viewership and make people feel like they have a fair shake. jacob and peter wouldnt have to announce it all, they could just say "20 people are about to get randomly messaged by some intern doing the hard work". 

feedback on option 1 and 2:

option 1:i prefer how b stock is done over the Queue. im sure there are so many bots signed up for the Q. at this point anyone new to buying a gpu has no chance at the Q and that could deter a new longterm customer from choosing evga. 
option 2: bots will circumvent this, like everything else. however, this idea doesnt sound terrible. im sure myself and everyone else know a bunch of people that dont use GPUs that would be willing to order ONE for a pile of cash.

Sincerely,

Elitistrage
post edited by ejaworsk - 2021/09/18 21:51:12
Mattye
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/18 23:38:20 (permalink)
I would leave the queue system alone and not change that.  However there is a lot I would change about the current system.

If you are going to have the queue you need to set people expectations right from the get go. There is almost no real information shared with your loyal customers.  All we get is cagey answers such as "we ship every day", "we are getting stock in", "we will have more info in a couple weeks", "we dont have any information ion that sku"   In the mean time we see product popping up on websites like newegg & bestbuy and selling out instantly.  It is beyond frustrating to sign up for a queue with the manufacturer and watch our notification sit on a list for a year with no update or idea where we stand.  Meanwhile you have customers trying to track what is shipping, with no communication what so ever.  If you are going to have a queue prioritize the queue or don't do it at all. 

Also, make sure you lower end cards are available to fill the gap.  The 1650's have been non existent for most of the last year.  People wait on b-stock as it is the only chance they have to get a card.

Most importantly if you don't know the answer say exactly that. Dont try to spin it, deflect, or change the subject.  Openess and honesty goes a long way. 
post edited by Mattye - 2021/09/19 06:00:38
ssungainvestments
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/19 04:04:50 (permalink)
one card per part number
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile