Helpful ReplyEVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS

Page: << < ..141142143144145.. > >> Showing page 143 of 240
Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102819
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 05:50:34 (permalink)
A friendly reminder that swearing/cursing isn't allowed on the EVGA forum even if disguised or removed by the forum filter. Such posts will be edited or deleted. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 222
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 06:16:35 (permalink)
rjohnson11
A friendly reminder that swearing/cursing isn't allowed on the EVGA forum even if disguised or removed by the forum filter. Such posts will be edited or deleted. 

Sorry😅

god503
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 126
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 06:29:39 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
Update:

I just received my RMA replacement Card:

Brand new in the Box 2014 Black Lip Taiwan Card. 

Serial number is smaller than the one I send back. So it could be an "older model" is there a way to check production date? 

If the slot draws more than 75 are u going to return that card too??? Time consuming process for something that doesn't interfere with the cards function.

Yes, if it's exceeding the pcie Spec more than I feel comfortable with it gets returned again. 

god503
Has anyone wondered how accurate the watt measurements are on the card????? Everyone is assuming that what gpu z reports is correct????

It's the easiest way of measuring the power draw.

And it got to be somewhat accurate enough if evga is replacing them for a Screenshot of gpu-z.

Also, have you ever seen the 8 Pin Wattage exceeding the 150 Watt? I didn't. So even if gpu-z is not accurate, it gives you an idea. 

I'm not trying to force you to RMA your card, if you feel comfortable with it. But would you please stop other people from trying to RMA? 

I have spent a metric ton of money on this gpu. So I'm expecting it to work within spec. (remember, if the load balancing would work as intended, the card could pull 525 Watt and still be in Spec for PCI-E Slot and 8 Pin power)

Absolutely. Mine does because I have it set for 650 watts. 180, 180, 200. It what I get. All so don't forget the card spec is 450 watts. Not 525... my point is the hassle of an rma for something thats doesn't effect the functionality of the card when u can just be enjoying it. U can do what u wish, it's your dime, but people on this thread are looking to blame sub overclocking ability on load balancing. Yet time and again it's been proven that heat dissipation is the number one issue. Out of the box I had 13.5 k PR score with temps hitting 84c. Now I get 15k plus under water.... thats all I'm trying to say
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 07:36:57 (permalink)
god503
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
Update:

Serial number is smaller than the one I send back. So it could be an "older model" is there a way to check production date? 

If the slot draws more than 75 are u going to return that card too??? Time consuming process for something that doesn't interfere with the cards function.

Yes, if it's exceeding the pcie Spec more than I feel comfortable with it gets returned again. 

god503
Has anyone wondered how accurate the watt measurements are on the card????? Everyone is assuming that what gpu z reports is correct????

And it got to be somewhat accurate enough if evga is replacing them for a Screenshot of gpu-z.

Also, have you ever seen the 8 Pin Wattage exceeding the 150 Watt? I didn't. So even if gpu-z is not accurate, it gives you an idea. 

I'm not trying to force you to RMA your card, if you feel comfortable with it. But would you please stop other people from trying to RMA? 

I have spent a metric ton of money on this gpu. So I'm expecting it to work within spec. (remember, if the load balancing would work as intended, the card could pull 525 Watt and still be in Spec for PCI-E Slot and 8 Pin power)

Absolutely. Mine does because I have it set for 650 watts. 180, 180, 200. It what I get. All so don't forget the card spec is 450 watts. Not 525... my point is the hassle of an rma for something thats doesn't effect the functionality of the card when u can just be enjoying it. U can do what u wish, it's your dime, but people on this thread are looking to blame sub overclocking ability on load balancing. Yet time and again it's been proven that heat dissipation is the number one issue. Out of the box I had 13.5 k PR score with temps hitting 84c. Now I get 15k plus under water.... thats all I'm trying to say

My worries are not related to the card pulling north of 80 Watt and destroying itself. I'm more worried about my 7 year old Mainboard dying because of too much load on the slot, while the 3rd 8 pin on the Card "idles" at 90ish watt.

I'm testing the new card right now. Although I still have spikes over 77 watt, the load is more balanced between the 8 pins

Clayman31
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 07:42:40 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
Update:

god503

My worries are not related to the card pulling north of 80 Watt and destroying itself. I'm more worried about my 7 year old Mainboard dying because of too much load on the slot, while the 3rd 8 pin on the Card "idles" at 90ish watt.

I'm testing the new card right now. Although I still have spikes over 77 watt, the load is more balanced between the 8 pins

Why run a $2k graphics card with a 7 year old motherboard?
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 07:48:40 (permalink)
Clayman31
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
god503
Lord Winchester
Update:

god503

Why run a $2k graphics card with a 7 year old motherboard?

Because a i7 5960x is still not a bad CPU. 

I' m thinking about upgrading to Ryzen 9, but only if the prices get somewhat more realistic. 

I already overspend on the gpu and don't feel the need to do the same on Mainboard and CPU

Turbo-12R
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 08:44:10 (permalink)
Lord Winchester

I' m thinking about upgrading to Ryzen 9, but only if the prices get somewhat more realistic. 

I already overspend on the gpu and don't feel the need to do the same on Mainboard and CPU

You probably would have seen a much better performance gain by going with the cheaper 3080 card and upgrading the rest of your hardware with the $1000 price savings to better balance out your system. 

Thermaltake Level 20HT
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core
Thermaltake Pacific MX1 Plus Water Block
Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series DDR4 3600
2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe
1x Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe
TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta MAX RGB SSD 1TB
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA w/EKWB
Dual Thermaltake PR22-D5 Pumps
Dual Thermaltake Pacific CL360 64mm Rads
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W
MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 09:39:46 (permalink)
Turbo-12R
Lord Winchester

You probably would have seen a much better performance gain by going with the cheaper 3080 card and upgrading the rest of your hardware with the $1000 price savings to better balance out your system. 

Maybe. But 3080's are even harder to get than 3090's.

Don't get me started on Ryzen 9.

5950x is 1200 USD here. Also it's out of stock. I stick with my i7 until I get one for a price that doesn't shout "THEFT" 

changboy
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 258
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 09:48:30 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
Turbo-12R
Lord Winchester

5950x is 1200 USD here. Also it's out of stock. I stick with my i7 until I get one for a price that doesn't shout "THEFT" 

The thing i want know is how perform ur new card you recive from ur RMA, how much power from pcie slot and how your card overcloking at max and also your port royal score with this card ?
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 09:58:32 (permalink)
changboy
Lord Winchester
Turbo-12R
Lord Winchester

The thing i want know is how perform ur new card you recive from ur RMA, how much power from pcie slot and how your card overcloking at max and also your port royal score with this card ?

I have no Port Royal Score to compare it to. 

The card is not as good of an Overclocker than my old one. But the load on the 8 pins is much closer together with pcie Slot spiking to 78 Watt.

The old Card was spiking 80+ and had permanent draw above 77 already with the stock bios

changboy
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 10:11:10 (permalink)
Lord Winchester ok thank you, you have anwser me, from what you said ur card is like mine now. But i think all in all many are worried for nothing. The card is warranty for 3 years and if it die inside this time they will replace it.

You can try superposition benchmark 4k optimized and with my card i got this score : i was using a 2x8pins bios but same result with 1000w bios coz the card can draw 535w if you want.
 https://ibb.co/JzDS6FK
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 10:50:30 (permalink)
changboy
Lord Winchester ok thank you, you have anwser me, from what you said ur card is like mine now. But i think all in all many are worried for nothing. The card is warranty for 3 years and if it die inside this time they will replace it.

You can try superposition benchmark 4k optimized and with my card i got this score : i was using a 2x8pins bios but same result with 1000w bios coz the card can draw 535w if you want.

I´m not worried that the Card dies from pulling too much. I´m more worried, that the Card overloads my PCI Slot and kills my Mainboard in the Process.

The Superposition-torrent download is not working for me and the "slow" download is actually very slow (4 Hours for 1.2 GB)

I could give you a timespy result

Epsilon1190
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 10:51:05 (permalink)
Guy's with the stock bios(450w) how your cards perform ,oc settings
Watts and pcie slot?

CASE: DISMASTECH ΒENCH TABLE CPU: Ι7-3960Χ+EK-W/C RAM: 32GB KINGSTON hyperX BEAST 2400 QUAD CH MOBO: RAMPAGE IV EXTREME PSU: THERMALTAKE 1200W GPU: EVGA GTX ΤΙΤΑΝ SLI SC EK-W/C / GTX 780Ti EVGA acx SC
HDD: SSD OCZ AGILITY3+WD 2TB DRIVES: LG DVD-LG BLURAY WRITER MONITOR: DELL ULTRASHARP U2713H SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z-5500 KEYBOARD: LOGITECH G19
Epsilon1190
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 10:52:13 (permalink)
changboy

Very nice score
Im about 19158 on xoc 500 stock cooler of course

CASE: DISMASTECH ΒENCH TABLE CPU: Ι7-3960Χ+EK-W/C RAM: 32GB KINGSTON hyperX BEAST 2400 QUAD CH MOBO: RAMPAGE IV EXTREME PSU: THERMALTAKE 1200W GPU: EVGA GTX ΤΙΤΑΝ SLI SC EK-W/C / GTX 780Ti EVGA acx SC
HDD: SSD OCZ AGILITY3+WD 2TB DRIVES: LG DVD-LG BLURAY WRITER MONITOR: DELL ULTRASHARP U2713H SPEAKERS: LOGITECH Z-5500 KEYBOARD: LOGITECH G19
god503
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 11:34:08 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
Turbo-12R
Lord Winchester

So let me get this straight.... you call spending 1200 on the fastest desktop cpu that u can buy theft but are ok spending 2700 on a 3090 that is only 12% faster than the 3080 which is half the cost????? And on top of that your new 3090 is preforming LESS than the one you RMA'd so you could protect a 7 year old mother board???????

Insert head hitting wall emoji here!!!!
post edited by Sajin - 2021/02/05 11:46:50
Kylearan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 11:51:13 (permalink)
I just talked to Elmor.

He said the PCIE slot should be technically able to handle an absolute maximum of 2x its power draw, and there should be no problem with any card pulling 85W.
People with shunt modded cards have tested 110W sustained with the PCIE slot only getting a bit warm, with a fan blowing around it.

sultanofswing02/03/2021
Yea what is the spec 75w right? This is a FTW 3 Card so it's liable to explode any day.
elmor02/03/2021
Then again going double that spec is probably fine. Contact resistance seems to be about 30mOhm meaning 36.3mW is dissipated in the connector at 1.1A

The main issue is the load on the 24 pin connector, when you have multiple video cards installed.  That's what the auxiliary motherboard PCIE power connector (if available) is for.
god503
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 11:59:05 (permalink)
Kylearan
I just talked to Elmor.

He said the PCIE slot should be technically able to handle an absolute maximum of 2x its power draw, and there should be no problem with any card pulling 85W.
People with shunt modded cards have tested 110W sustained with the PCIE slot only getting a bit warm, with a fan blowing around it.

sultanofswing02/03/2021
Yea what is the spec 75w right? This is a FTW 3 Card so it's liable to explode any day.
elmor02/03/2021
Then again going double that spec is probably fine. Contact resistance seems to be about 30mOhm meaning 36.3mW is dissipated in the connector at 1.1A

The main issue is the load on the 24 pin connector, when you have multiple video cards installed.  That's what the auxiliary motherboard PCIE power connector (if available) is for.

Just to let you know you get crucified for bringing that kind of logic and facts to this thread... lol
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:04:35 (permalink)
god503
Lord Winchester
Turbo-12R
Lord Winchester

So let me get this straight.... you call spending 1200 on the fastest desktop cpu that u can buy theft but are ok spending 2700 on a 3090 that is only 12% faster than the 3080 which is half the cost????? And on top of that your new 3090 is preforming LESS than the one you RMA'd so you could protect a 7 year old mother board???????

Insert head hitting wall emoji here!!!!

First of all, we both know that dialing in a stable OC is nothing you can do in 3 runs. The Chip SEEMS to be weaker, but ram SEEMS to be stronger. Also it SEEMS That MSI Afterburner gives me better results than PX1, even though I don't have the voltage control and Boost Lock isn't working.

I'm totally cool with sacrificing a few points in a benchmark, if I don't fry the rest of my Components. 

Again, I am NOT here to kick K|ngp|n or anyone else of the "Big Players" in the Balls. I just want a stable card, that pulls "within tolerance". 

For you, 85 or 90 Watt might be acceptable. For me it's not. 

changboy
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:24:39 (permalink)
Epsilon1190 ur card perform well.

And about Lord Winchester its not ur buisness how he want spend is money or wich motherboard and cpu he decide to use, can you respect everyone.

Not everyone spend 10k on a pc and most of people dont spend 1k for a pc.

Lord Winchester have actually a crazy pc !

Dont push people on what they own or not !
changboy
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:31:11 (permalink)
 About what i said of the 1000w bios it can happen i was wrong when i said some have killed there card coz the one who told me this didnt reply anymore about this but ya some have kill it by modding the pcb with shunt mod, its really tinny part and not so easy to solder, and some have shunt the card and put back the heatsick and fans and heatsink do contact with the elevate shunt on the card and card die.

With a 1000w bios no need to shunt anything here. Some have done this before that bios was available and actually its useless. Just the Founder Edition need to be shunt coz the bios cant be update like other card.

javiasiva
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:38:26 (permalink)
Has XOC BIOS left Beta status?

I have just installed the Hybrid Kit on my 3090FTW3 and I feel like this BIOS would be the perfect match for it...

Just concerned of any misbehaviours it may cause due to being immature...

Any thoughts?
Pennywise359
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:47:55 (permalink)
javiasiva

I have just installed the Hybrid Kit on my 3090FTW3 and I feel like this BIOS would be the perfect match for it...

Any thoughts?

The vbios is perfectly fine if your card is not messed up you are good.

UPDATE: I missed the hybrid part so I am not sure about that

Use my discount code to get up to 10% off your purchase!

Click Here to register and start earning rewards!

Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:50:37 (permalink)
Here is my best Result so far. On the left side is the new Card on the normal BIOS (XOC doesn´t give me more points, but more heat), on the right side the RMA´ed one on XOC. 

Ignore the CPU Score, as it´s an old CPU, that can barely count to 10 without crashing...

Attached Image(s)

changboy
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:54:06 (permalink)
javiasiva

Any thoughts?

When first they post the xoc bios they never talk about a non beta version, people can try it or not.
For me the xoc bios perform a little bit better then the original oc bios from the card but its a tinny performance improvement but ya it peform better. Some game will benefit more and you will see higher power draw on the total power. Its not a 100w higher, it can be 20w or 30w.  
changboy
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 12:56:55 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
Here is my best Result so far. On the left side is the new Card on the normal BIOS (XOC doesn´t give me more points, but more heat), on the right side the RMA´ed one on XOC. 

Ignore the CPU Score, as it´s an old CPU, that can barely count to 10 without crashing...

Your card look fine and perform as it should be i think, power is looking like my card when i use it like this.
Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 13:00:57 (permalink)
changboy
Lord Winchester

Your card look fine and perform as it should be i think, power is looking like my card when i use it like this.

Thanks. 
I lost a few 100 Points, but the Power Draw is more acceptable.

Pennywise359
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 13:06:20 (permalink)
javiasiva

Any thoughts?

You can try 520w KPE one it will probably work the best

Use my discount code to get up to 10% off your purchase!

Click Here to register and start earning rewards!

Epsilon1190
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 13:30:02 (permalink)
Lord Winchester

Those values Seems nice to me!
Im close enough to your values on stock bios too

Above is after ac Valhalla bench.at 4k
daily stable oc profile stock bios
post edited by Epsilon1190 - 2021/02/05 13:40:24

Lord Winchester
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 13:46:04 (permalink)
Epsilon1190
Lord Winchester

But you might gain something from the XOC Bios. For me its (for now) a no.

Holy Bajesus! Thats a massive Core Clock

Epsilon1190
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/02/05 13:57:00 (permalink)
Lord Winchester
Epsilon1190
Lord Winchester

But you might gain something from the XOC Bios. For me its (for now) a no.

Holy Bajesus! Thats a massive Core Clock

Thanks!
Max stable clocks are 2235-2250
At gaming im stable 2145-2175

Page: << < ..141142143144145.. > >> Showing page 143 of 240
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile