And that's the end of it!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 21
Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 21:14:49 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Good news is seems no one got hurt. Cars though dear to us are fairly easy to fix or replace.

Depending on the state your in; you may still have to deal with the other driver for some time - years before you are in the clear about being suede for personal injury.

You should get a lawyers advice.  Probably best to plead your ticket; go to court and plead "No contest".  As paying the fine is basically the same as guilty, if the other drive decides they got hurt and go after a settlement.  With a "No contest" plead you still pay the fine; just a defensive move, as you are not admitting guilt or fault.

You should take a defensive driving class; most States require the insurance co. to give a 10% discount for 3 years on parts of your policy.  Besides it may give you more incites to future traffic scenarios that may save your bacon in the future.

The cut off person is the kind that usually kills people on motorcycles---"I did not see them --is their BS excuse for driving with their head up their A$$"

Wait, I'm confused... What ticket are you talking about?

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 21:22:00 (permalink)
zildjian75
direraptor22
... and this is the reason why I stay far away from other drivers on the road. Always anticipate them to eff up and take you down with them... and yes I've driven 11 years without an accident... only accident was some idiot who hit my car while I was PARKED at my workplace.

Yep. You just have to assume everyone else on the road are complete idiots...  Now that i think about it, that goes for many things in life. 

+1 This thinking has saved my ass multiple times.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 21:24:03 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
zildjian75
direraptor22
... and this is the reason why I stay far away from other drivers on the road. Always anticipate them to eff up and take you down with them... and yes I've driven 11 years without an accident... only accident was some idiot who hit my car while I was PARKED at my workplace.

Yep. You just have to assume everyone else on the road are complete idiots...  Now that i think about it, that goes for many things in life. 

That's how I see things now, Because while heading out in the afternoon with my friend and my dad, People kept cutting others off with no turn signals or just stopping out of no where and making wide turns with no turn signals.

It's not always your fault, But the way you drive CAN prevent an accident created by another users error... I guess.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 21:58:55 (permalink)
RushXTC
Baltothewolf
zildjian75
direraptor22

That's how I see things now, Because while heading out in the afternoon with my friend and my dad, People kept cutting others off with no turn signals or just stopping out of no where and making wide turns with no turn signals.

It's not always your fault, But the way you drive CAN prevent an accident created by another users error... I guess.

Yep. Still a dash cam is always nice to have. I plan on getting one once the Mustang is fully done.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

stiltz85
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 23:35:06 (permalink)
Ouch, hope you can get it fixed. It's amazing how much even the smallest of damages can cost to get repaired. I hit a deer going around 80MPH and ended up on my side in a ditch a while back. 
Luckily there was no frame damage but it broke the bank to fix it. Ended up losing my job because insurance did not cover a rental and eventually lost the car about a week after getting it back due to getting behind on payments.
Kinda wish insurance would have just totaled it, would have been better off because I had gap insurance. I was an airbag deployment away from it being totaled but since they didn't insurance decided to fix it.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/04 23:50:08 (permalink)
I'm hoping it's totaled too, I lost my job after the stunt I pulled a week ago.

The car won't fall behind on payments, but its be easier on me if it's totaled... Technically 2 airbags went off and there's a chance the frame was damaged too, because ifbhow everything was pushed back.

I have a lot on my mind right now, I talked to the dealer and they said to let insurance handle that... But they wouldn't answer me as to why one if the airbags failed to fully deploy.

stiltz85
Superclocked Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 00:03:04 (permalink)
Yeah, that is a scary thought that the passenger airbag failed to deploy, and the way it impacted your dashboard. You guys are lucky that thing did not launch dash debris all over you.

direraptor22
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5717
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 03:22:07 (permalink)
stiltz85
Yeah, that is a scary thought that the passenger airbag failed to deploy, and the way it impacted your dashboard. You guys are lucky that thing did not launch dash debris all over you.

Silly American cars!! I would never buy an American car

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor
ziomuschio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 03:41:33 (permalink)
the RMA is possible?? XD

srtie4k
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1589
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 04:59:28 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Good news is seems no one got hurt. Cars though dear to us are fairly easy to fix or replace.

Depending on the state your in; you may still have to deal with the other driver for some time - years before you are in the clear about being suede for personal injury.

I hate being suede for personal injury. It's such a tacky fabric these days, I don't understand why insurance companies require it. It does make nice seat inserts, though.

Gaming Rig:
Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Steambox/HTPC:
Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 05:25:34 (permalink)
srtie4k
Cool GTX

I hate being suede for personal injury. It's such a tacky fabric these days, I don't understand why insurance companies require it. It does make nice seat inserts, though.
Black suede smells funny...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 06:18:43 (permalink)
direraptor22
stiltz85

Hey each kind of region car wins some and they lose some. I dont like most "American cars" that are built now days except for Ford. But I do like a lot of Japanese cars and European cars. The thing I dont like about European cars is they are too expensive now days just like some American cars and most Japanese cars are mostly affordable for low middle class people except for Lexus and some Subarus.  I cant belive a fully loaded Ford Fusion is over $40,000! I can see that with a full size sedan like the Taurus. I still want a Fusion though.

Holo
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3328
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 06:49:21 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
direraptor22
stiltz85

Hey each kind of region car wins some and they lose some. I dont like most "American cars" that are built now days except for Ford. But I do like a lot of Japanese cars and European cars. The thing I dont like about European cars is they are too expensive now days just like some American cars and most Japanese cars are mostly affordable for low middle class people except for Lexus and some Subarus.  I cant belive a fully loaded Ford Fusion is over $40,000! I can see that with a full size sedan like the Taurus. I still want a Fusion though.

Did you seriously put Subaru and Lexus in the same price category? There's Acura, Lexus, Infiniti that are all much more expensive than Lexus. My fully loaded G37 NEW (i didnt buy it new) was much more expensive than the highest loaded STI. So Subaru is cheap. And I'm sorry but if you think a 40k breaks the bank...I'd reevaluate.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 07:00:34 (permalink)
Holo
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
direraptor22
stiltz85

Did you seriously put Subaru and Lexus in the same price category? There's Acura, Lexus, Infiniti that are all much more expensive than Lexus. My fully loaded G37 NEW (i didnt buy it new) was much more expensive than the highest loaded STI. So Subaru is cheap. And I'm sorry but if you think a 40k breaks the bank...I'd reevaluate.
Ill take an expensive house over an expensive car anyday...

way2faded
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3077
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 08:00:26 (permalink)
hopefully this is a turning point in your life.  ill be honest Ive always really just looked at your threads to get a laugh, and you seem to make some real stupid decisions too. but with that said everyone can change...some of us can change cuz of others trying to tell us or help us, others have to experience things on their own b4 we realize. I was that guy that had to effup on my own, noone could help me or try to tell me..cuz I wouldnt listen. Not only did I cause my parentals lots of grief in my younger days, but I lost alot of good friends.   I hope this is that point for you Rush. 

and if you ever get a powerful car like that back...make a point to goto the track a few times. For how cheaply you could have went to the track there, you would have learned how to drive from professionals and been able to push your car much harder and safer on the track.  1 track day, my first,  on my supersport and I never drove as wild or crazy on the street again.  Ive also almost died on the street cuz some asshat ina truck cut me off and slammed on the brakes in front of me. that feeling of laying on my back in the middle of the street with ppl above saying dont move and saying back.. I cant feel my body.. i will never forget.  ATGATT...only reason im still here.  
stiltz85
Superclocked Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 12:58:53 (permalink)
Think we are getting a little off topic? lol

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31072
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 13:02:25 (permalink)
RushXTC
Cool GTX

Depending on the state your in; you may still have to deal with the other driver for some time - years before you are in the clear about being sued for personal injury.

You should get a lawyers advice.  Probably best to plead your ticket; go to court and plead "No contest".  As paying the fine is basically the same as guilty, if the other drive decides they got hurt and go after a settlement.  With a "No contest" plead you still pay the fine; just a defensive move, as you are not admitting guilt or fault.

You should take a defensive driving class; most States require the insurance co. to give a 10% discount for 3 years on parts of your policy.  Besides it may give you more incites to future traffic scenarios that may save your bacon in the future.

The cut off person is the kind that usually kills people on motorcycles---"I did not see them --is their BS excuse for driving with their head up their A$$"

Well, in the beginning of the post there was talk of "being at fault"; because you hit the car in front of you.

If I jumped to an incorrect conclusion and you did not get a ticket such as:  following too close or inattentive driving or whatever moving violation the officer chose to cite; then you got a break.

My experience is when an officer of the law responds to a property damage accident; someone is getting a ticket.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/02/05 13:42:19

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 13:07:05 (permalink)
Cool GTX
RushXTC
Cool GTX

Depending on the state your in; you may still have to deal with the other driver for some time - years before you are in the clear about being sued for personal injury.

Well, in the beginning of the post there was talk of "being at fault"; because you hit the car in front of you.

If I jumped to an incorrect conclusion and you did not get a ticket such as:  following too close or inattentive driving or whatever moving violation the officer chose to cite; then you go a break.

My experience is when an officer of the law responds to a property damage accident; someone is getting a ticket.

We didn't get the police involved. I told him the reason why I wouldn't want police involved and he said it was okay, As long as I get his car fixed.

He's my age too, So he understood how bad a ticket could go for me. He's actually in the body shop with my dad right now, They're evaluating the damage so that he can go get it fixed and we'll (My dad) cover the bill. Now I'm just handling my car through my own insurance and explained to them that he needed his car fixed ASAP so we offered to fix it with our own money rather than wait 2 months for the insurance to respond and they said that was fine.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31072
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 13:13:56 (permalink)
srtie4k
Cool GTX

Guilty as charged; I fail to proof before hitting send.
I edited to correct auto-correct spelling issue: yes I typed sued and somehow ended-up with suede? 
The posts that quote my mishap do not seem to globally correct / reflect my edit.
--- If someone knows how to make original post edits global; please share. - PM would be fine, to keep this post clean.
--- Also kind of a pain that my font and its size must be manually adjusted every time; must be doing some thing wrong?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 19:37:15 (permalink)
It is time for you to man up, and mount up for the next few years. No more vehicles for you...

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 19:38:49 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

But anyways I assume the insurance company should give you at least a 3/8 for how much your cars worth if they declare it totaled Rush. Well that also depends what insurance agency you have.

False. Might be a good idea to actually know how insurance works before offering thoughts with zero accuracy. 

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 19:43:42 (permalink)
I removed some posts that are to far off topic...

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 19:50:04 (permalink)
Afterburner
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

But anyways I assume the insurance company should give you at least a 3/8 for how much your cars worth if they declare it totaled Rush. Well that also depends what insurance agency you have.

False. Might be a good idea to actually know how insurance works before offering thoughts with zero accuracy. 
My insurance paid my car off and then gave me some extra a few weeks back after I was hit by drunk driver... I'm assuming when it's totaled they give you the value right?

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 19:55:37 (permalink)
Afterburner
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

Not false! Why cause it happened to me and my goofy looking friend.

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:02:12 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Afterburner
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

Not false! Why cause it happened to me and my goofy looking friend.

Just an FYI... I am, let us just say, in possession of multiple risk licenses and help folks in five States...

My point is, you said, Well that also depends what insurance agency you have. No it does not. There are multiple factors. One being, the Insurance Agency has ZERO to do with it. The Insurance Company does.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:08:20 (permalink)
Afterburner
It is time for you to man up, and mount up for the next few years. No more vehicles for you...

What image was that? And why no vehicle for the next few years? That was all cleared up.

I'm waiting for the call back from my insurance, They're assigning someone to my case. Should take 3-4 days is what I'm being told, Then they'd come check it out.

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:31:42 (permalink)
BF3PRO
Afterburner
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

My insurance paid my car off and then gave me some extra a few weeks back after I was hit by drunk driver... I'm assuming when it's totaled they give you the value right?

OK...

Great question, multiple "Partial truth" answers. Here is how I suggest folks better understand how this really works...
  1. Go to NADA.com and enter the exact mileage and specs to your vehicle.
    1. Take from the last page "Average Trade-In" priced without options total. As an example, a $34k invoiced 2014 Mustang GT with 1500 miles on it, Clean used retail is $29,450 with an AVG Trade in of $25,650. The car in trade, not counting delivery fees, taxes ETC, has already LOST $9000 in value VS. brand new pricing. SO in this example... $25,650 is the price we are taking from that page.
  2. Search Carfax and Auto trader in no more than 100 miles from your home address. Search for the exact same model, color, features and mileage. And note the average "Asking"price.
    1. Say that number is $28,000.
  3. Now if their has been any major repairs that you paid for (Not covered by a warranty) in the last year, gather up those receipts. Not "Add-ons" like rims and stereos. 
    1. Say that is $1000. You will only get from the Insurance Company, about 40% of that total you can prove in the last 365 days.

Now add the "Avg" trade and the "Avg" asking price and add in 40% of the repair cost and you get $54,050. Divide that by two and you get $27,025.

And in "Most" cases, that is the best you will get for our example on a total loss for that vehicle. Do some companies pay $30k? Absolutely. But they will NOT pay the $34k or $39k as explained below. Not unless you "Pay" your insurance company for the "Replacement" insurance that many offer now for two model year or newer cars. Heck even Travelers has Six years they are offering now in many States. But you have to "Pay" for it. It is not free.

You see, insurance companies do not even use the examples I just offered you. They pay for a service that tells them how much the actual true value is with any property. They find out what the "Wrecked" vehicle will net them at the junk yard auction. Then they try and squeeze you for any $ they can. They offer this magical CFO type price and hope you take it.

They want to tire you out and work on your will to fight.

Now. Each State has different laws and rules. In most, they are required to pay you "Fair market value". And the brief explanation I outlined above helps you the consumer fight back. And get that $27,025 number closer to $30k. Because let us all be honest for a moment. What is "Fair" in one persons mind, is not in another. Correct?! And that is the problem. 

And this is why, every new car financed needs GAP insurance. Because if it is totaled, who cares if the Insurance Company tries to low ball you. The GAP insurance will come in and make up the difference (Within reason) and pay off the loan.

You would be "Shocked" how many Americans have traded in a car owning $5k-$10k after trade, that they roll into the new car. Even after all the "Fake" magical rebates car manufactures offer today to sell cars, many still have about half of the old cars cost rolled into their new financing. 

So using this same example... A $34k "Invoice" pricing, no tax, no prep, no second sticker ETC... Is financing $39k. And Clean "Used' Retail is $29,450 on a car with 1500 miles on it. SO off the lot this person has lost $10k in value. Or more accurately, owes $10k more that the car is worth.

Your "Car" insurance is only responsible for "Fair" market value. NOT what you owe the bank.

Now. If you owe less than the car is worth, same rule applies. They will pay you "Fair" market value. They do not care if you own it or are paying as bank for it. 

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:32:35 (permalink)
RushXTC, on the outside looking in I see someone a little too wound up. I suppose if you make it to your 30's still alive you should be ok though.
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:37:29 (permalink)
RushXTC

What image was that? And why no vehicle for the next few years? That was all cleared up.

I'm waiting for the call back from my insurance, They're assigning someone to my case. Should take 3-4 days is what I'm being told, Then they'd come check it out.

It is a two wheeled self powered chick magnet!  

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/05 20:48:46 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
RushXTC, on the outside looking in I see someone a little too wound up. I suppose if you make it to your 30's still alive you should be ok though.

I'm turning 24 in a couple of months, So I'm 6.5 years away from hitting 30... I hope I make it!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile