EVGA

2080Ti Black Edition, temperatures and expected default fan behavior

Author
SBDevga
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/10 15:59:39 (permalink)
I've been running my 2080Ti Black Edition for this past week, and thus far everything has been great.  I'm running in a fully stock/default configuration, no OCing or anything.  Out of an abundance of caution (and because of my ridiculous case setup), I've been running with Precision XOC on and monitoring temperatures to ensure things are not overheating, etc.

Temperatures have been fine, and seem to jibe with what the expected "under (heavy) load, closed case" temps I've seen reported (up to 80C under heavy load, idle is from high 30's to mid-50's).  However, I do have a question as to what the expected (default/stock) fan behavior is.  Specifically, I've seen the GPU temp get up there towards the high end (near 80C), but the second (right) fan is not spinning.  I have seen occasions when it does spin up, so I know it's functional.  But the instances of constant high GPU temperature and it not spinning seem peculiar.

Perhaps it's doing something "smart", maybe it only spins up if the memory temp gets high or something.  But I guess it would be good to know if what I'm seeing is peculiar, and what the expected behavior is.

2 Replies Related Threads

SBDevga
    • Total Posts : 41
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 2080Ti Black Edition, temperatures and expected default fan behavior 2018/12/10 16:52:35 (permalink)
    Upon further inspection, it does appear the second fan is spinning up once temperatures rise.  It was a bit of an optical illusion viewing through the vent slots on my case that made it look like the fan blades were stationary.

So, I'm good.  But I suppose the question remains...what is the expected default fan behavior (spin-up temps, etc.)?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31073
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 2080Ti Black Edition, temperatures and expected default fan behavior 2018/12/10 17:16:24 (permalink)
    Think it is around 50-55 C  for "silent operation below that

My EVGA 2080Ti run about 40C warmer than room temp @ 100% fan in an Open sides on the case with small desk fan for a cross breeze

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile