EVGA

Helpful Reply1080 TI FE Step Up Thread

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 51
Author
TheFra
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 14:20:23 (permalink)
rockypee123
Got my confirmation email at 19:01 UK time and still at phase 1. Doesn't look like anyone's getting through yet

Yea got mine at 18:59 Uk time and nothing yet either.
wrangler
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 14:43:06 (permalink)
hmmm
Might not even open my 1080 FTW DT that is on the way...

I kind of feel bad about it but I didn't think there would be this kind of availability.
repo1979
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1116
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 15:11:38 (permalink)
Step 4 completed at 2:20 pst. Should get there by thursday 03/16/2017 by EOD according to shipping label from UPS.
AzN-SoLjA
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7982
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 15:46:38 (permalink)
wrangler
hmmm
Might not even open my 1080 FTW DT that is on the way...
I kind of feel bad about it but I didn't think there would be this kind of availability.

What time did you join the queue? I'm still pending on step 1 :(

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk
| i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27" |
| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 | Associate Code: 08HWLPJXE0O5MPM

karmadecoy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 15:51:58 (permalink)
Details show that they received my card now. This waiting is killing me.

i7 - 4790 k @ 4.7GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 1903
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI FE SLI

Muezick
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 305
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 15:58:57 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Also, read the email for shipping the card back.. it very directly says to keep all accessories. 

It very directly says the opposite of that, actually. 

How to return your product:
Your product MUST be returned undamaged and in its factory condition. If you have modified your product it may delay your Step-Up from processing and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the product to factory condition as indicated under our warranty termsPhysically damaged products are not covered by warranty.
-Please send in all your accessories with your original product- excluding CD, Manual, T-Shirts, Posters or promotional games.
Fretless
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 16:06:09 (permalink)
Is the adaptor cable that came with the GPU considered an accessory?  I hope not.
A friend of mine got in the queue at 10:10 PST, he's already sent his in. I got in at 11:10 PST, still on step 1.
strato79
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 16:17:37 (permalink)
Fretless
Is the adaptor cable that came with the GPU considered an accessory?  I hope not.
A friend of mine got in the queue at 10:10 PST, he's already sent his in. I got in at 11:10 PST, still on step 1.

Going by the rules it clearly states that you don't have to send back the frivolous stuff like the DVD/CD, poster, T-shirts and promotional games. So I read it as any cables or adapters are required but Scarlet said the card only is fine so I'm not certain. I don't see them denying a step up over an adapter since they are mainly looking for the card intact, undamaged and in perfect working condition. I would bet it comes down to whoever is handling your particular card for inspection that will determine if they will reject one or not over something small missing that doesn't affect the cards ability to work properly. If they are having a bad day, who knows but I'm highly doubting that would cause a rejection.

Edit: And as far as you still being stuck on step one. That one hour difference seems to make a huge impact on how far along you get by now. It was hammered from 9:59 to 10:24 or so and if you didn't get in within the next 15 minutes after the servers came back up around 10:24 then you got put pretty far on the list. At least that is the pattern I'm seeing. From 10:24 till about 10:50 you get in the first round of shipments. After that it looks like backlogged for most. I was very fortunate and had 7 or 8 tabs on my work computer and about 5 or 6 on my phone all refreshing as soon as I seen the loading animation stop and finally got in right when the servers came back up around 10:24. Had my final step with RMA in less than 4 hours after submitting.
post edited by strato79 - 2017/03/13 16:28:20
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 16:24:17 (permalink)
Muezick
Scarlet-Tech

Also, read the email for shipping the card back.. it very directly says to keep all accessories. 

Your product MUST be returned undamaged and in its factory condition. If you have modified your product it may delay your Step-Up from processing and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the product to factory condition as indicated under our warranty termsPhysically damaged products are not covered by warranty.
-Please send in all your accessories with your original product- excluding CD, Manual, T-Shirts, Posters or promotional games.

Please see the highlighted portion of your cut and paste... 

strato79
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 16:33:38 (permalink)
Afterburner
Muezick
Scarlet-Tech

Please see the highlighted portion of your cut and paste... 

Exactly. Which means they don't want the CD, posters or shirts. But that doesn't exclude any cables or adapters going by that rule. Whether they really do care or not, I can't say but going by just that excerpt it looks like they want those things back. The adapters and such. Though Scarlet has said on more than one occasion that they only want the card in stock and working condition. So I played it safe and sent it all back just in case.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 16:58:55 (permalink)
Just a quick question. Does EVGA send you an email after your stepup has been approved and ready for payment? 
pranut
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:03:56 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
Just a quick question. Does EVGA send you an email after your stepup has been approved and ready for payment? 

Yup! They keep you updated on the status.

Keep checking the Step up page though incase the email gets lost or something.
Muezick
iCX Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:26:59 (permalink)
Afterburner, I don't understand how you can say something like "see highlighted text" when it clearly says to send back accessories RIGHT before the high lighted text. The drivers manuals and junk are one thing, but the cables and adapters are another. I feel like it's better safe than sorry to be more specific. Scarlet's statement was blanketed, and it shouldn't have been. You're both moderators and being wrong could cause serious problems. You need to hold yourselves to a higher standard. Be right, don't guess.

As for them rejecting the card, they probably wont. They'll probably just charge you for the accessories that you didn't send back, so any adapters, cables and so on that you didn't send, they'll just bill you for and with hold your step up card until you pay the new balance. 

Or as another user said, it depends entirely on who inspects it. I'd be willing to bet EVGA loses a lot of money on those adapters in this step-up promotion :P
post edited by Muezick - 2017/03/13 17:31:13
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:47:49 (permalink)
Muezick
Afterburner, I don't understand how you can say something like "see highlighted text" when it clearly says to send back accessories RIGHT before the high lighted text. The drivers manuals and junk are one thing, but the cables and adapters are another. I feel like it's better safe than sorry to be more specific. Scarlet's statement was blanketed, and it shouldn't have been. You're both moderators and being wrong could cause serious problems. You need to hold yourselves to a higher standard. Be right, don't guess.

As for them rejecting the card, they probably wont. They'll probably just charge you for the accessories that you didn't send back, so any adapters, cables and so on that you didn't send, they'll just bill you for and with hold your step up card until you pay the new balance. 

Or as another user said, it depends entirely on who inspects it. I'd be willing to bet EVGA loses a lot of money on those adapters in this step-up promotion :P

Step up is obviously handled a little different than RMA's. You can get as judgemental as you would like, but when you have never done a step up, you would not see this email. This is my first time ever even thinking about a step up, and I just took the address because I never even opened the new card.

I have been around a little over three years, and every time, this is how an RMA is this:

So, as a moderator who has never done a step up before, you would think that I would go off of the exact rma details I have always been given. See the part that says "please do not send:" the same blanket statement I used earlier.

This time I was wrong because I have not seen this step up information before. Now I know. I will also know in the future. Some things only come from experience.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/13 17:52:53
Muezick
iCX Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:53:19 (permalink)
As a moderator who has never done a step up before, I would think you wouldn't GUESS about the information and instead say "I don't know, refer to your email or contact evga". This isn't a small user-base backwater free forum, it's a professional work place.

And just to be clear, this isn't personal, so please don't take it that way. I take note when you say things, and most of the time, I deeply appreciate the information you have to offer. If I'm coming off as overly harsh, it is not intended that way. 
alavpt
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:55:04 (permalink)
AzN-SoLjA
What time did you join the queue? I'm still pending on step 1 :(

Same here. Joined the queue on 03/10/217 @ 11.05AM PST... :fingers still crossed:

My initial post in this thread made it to the first page, 20th post:

alavpt
Upgrading from: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

Successfully submitted Step 1 = 03/10/2017 @ 11.05AM
Upload Invoice Step 2 = 12/20/2016 @ 12.36AM (upon installing/testing card, DOP 12/15/2016)
Submit Payment Step 3 =
Ship original GPU to EVGA Step 4 =
Stepped up GPU shipped to end user Step 5 =

So excited!!

I actually contacted EVGA's customer service just to ensure no further info was required and/or the website was glitched - not acknowledging my receipt being uploaded.
However, they confirmed that since my "Step-Up Queue" status shows "In Queue", it's simply a matter of time and parts availability until it moves to next Step Up phase. 

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan” /Yoda
... I knew I liked the Sith... 
post edited by alavpt - 2017/03/13 18:03:02
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 17:56:38 (permalink)
Muezick
As a moderator who has never done a step up before, I would think you wouldn't GUESS about the information and instead say "I don't know, refer to your email or contact evga". This isn't a small user-base backwater free forum, it's a professional work place.

And just to be clear, this isn't personal, so please don't take it that way. I take note when you say things, and most of the time, I deeply appreciate the information you have to offer. If I'm coming off as overly harsh, it is not intended that way. 

I admitni didnt read through the rma steps, because i have read them so many times and didnt realize step up rma was handled differently. I figured that the situation was a simple case of misreading, because that happens all the time.
strato79
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 18:45:45 (permalink)
RMA I can understand not having to or even flat out telling you not to send back ANY accessories because they are just fixing your card and sending it back or sending a new one so they are not losing anything. With step up it makes more sense that they want anything of value back since they will be reusing some of it when they resell the old card plus you will be getting all those accessories back with the new stepped up card. I still don't think they will reject most that forgot to put an adapter or some other accessory but I wanted to play it safe so I sent back every last piece that came with my old card. Down to the rubber display port, HDMI, PCIe and SLI covers and the folder with all the posters, case badge and CD and of course the 6/8 pin adapters. I wasn't taking any chances of getting rejected, lol. I did leave the bottom of the big box without any padding but did all the other sides and top very well. It's inside the original plastic holder that it came in and it's in the original GPU box which is in the bigger box with the padding. So hopefully they wouldn't reject it due to the bottom not having padding since it's very, very secured otherwise. That would blow if they did since it does clearly say ALL sides require insulation. Be my luck.
post edited by strato79 - 2017/03/13 19:13:54
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 20:03:39 (permalink)
Muezick

I think you might be misunderstanding my response. My response is in support of what is being discussed. For a Step up, it is part of the requirements to send in all the accessories except for those listed after the highlighted portion. For an RMA, they only want the "Unit" nothing else. I thought it was self explanatory, looks like i should have offered more thought. 

And yes, from time to time they have charged folks in the past as well as allowed for some of the parts to not matter. Like those darn adapters they used to put in the box. 

It also depends on how the units are sent to them. It is critically important to protect the units as requested. Those that do a good job at this (Like putting the PCI-e protector on the GPU being returned) seem to have the least amount of issues.

Keep the questions coming. It is how we all learn more and are better able to help those in need 

nebraska red
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 21:43:08 (permalink)
karmadecoy
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy
Woot tracking shows that EVGA just received my GPUs

Me too. I can't believe they got it today, I mailed it Saturday from Nebraska, just regular old mail. Hopefully they mail our new cards out tomorrow!!! I'm borrowing a card from BB(I'll return it when I get the ti), I can't wait to play the new Battlefield dlc that comes out tomorrow.

Did it update on the EVGA page or only the carrier tracking ?

My USPS tracking says left in the mailbox ?

Hmmm that is interesting my tracking says

Delivered, To Mail Room

Same here. No news from EVGA. Maybe Tuesday...
pranut
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 22:01:52 (permalink)
nebraska red
karmadecoy
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy

Me too. I can't believe they got it today, I mailed it Saturday from Nebraska, just regular old mail. Hopefully they mail our new cards out tomorrow!!! I'm borrowing a card from BB(I'll return it when I get the ti), I can't wait to play the new Battlefield dlc that comes out tomorrow.

Delivered, To Mail Room

I really hope they have stock, being stuck with no GC for weeks would be really bad.
karmadecoy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 22:24:53 (permalink)
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy

Delivered, To Mail Room

I really hope they have stock, being stuck with no GC for weeks would be really bad.

I thought they reserved one for you when they send you a request to return yours. Yea a few weeks would be awful I have no backup gpu.

i7 - 4790 k @ 4.7GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 1903
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI FE SLI

pranut
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 22:38:37 (permalink)
karmadecoy
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy
pranut
nebraska red
karmadecoy

Delivered, To Mail Room

I thought they reserved one for you when they send you a request to return yours. Yea a few weeks would be awful I have no backup gpu.

Yeah they wouldn't have approved if they didn't have one reserved but you never know sometimes mistakes do happen. 

I also got a backorder message while requesting step up, so you never know.
Innovator_
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/13 23:53:03 (permalink)
Anyone that was in queue over the weekend get approved Monday?  Just want to see if there is any progress of queue or if there is a standstill.  
japemo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 04:25:51 (permalink)
Upgrading from: 1080 SC (EU)

Email received 03/10/2017 @ 21:18 (UTC/GMT +1)

Successfully submitted step 1 = Pending Queue
Upload Invoice Step 2 = Pending
Submit Payment Step 3 = Pending
Ship original GPU to EVGA Step 4 = Pending
Stepped up GPU shipped to end user Step 5 = Pending

I'm pending to queue... 4 days to asign a number queue position? Is this normal?

Regards
post edited by japemo - 2017/03/14 05:56:45

Attached Image(s)

Cooltek UMX3|AsRock X99E-ITXac|i7-5930K|???|M.2 500GB|SSD 750GB|HDD 3TB|RAM 32GB (16x2GB) 3200MHz|Corsair SF600|Logitech G710+|Razer Taipan|Dell U3415W|W10 Pro|WC CUSTOM
An4x15
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 04:31:48 (permalink)
japemo
Upgrading from: 1080 SC

Successfully submitted step 1 = 03/10/2017 @ 21:18 (UTC/GMT +1)

I'm pending to queue... 4 days to asign a number queue position? Is this normal?

Regards

Im in the same situation (I guess you are in the EU too :D ). I wrote a ticket yesterday to the support. I submitted my request in the first 3 min after it was added to the step-up list. 

Support answer: "Waiting in queue can take several days to several weeks depending on demand."

I think that is not enough card in the EU , so we will wait a lot for the approval.

japemo
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 04:34:51 (permalink)
An4x15
japemo
Upgrading from: 1080 SC

Successfully submitted step 1 = 03/10/2017 @ 21:18 (UTC/GMT +1)

Regards

Im in the same situation (I guess you are in the EU too :D ). I wrote a ticket yesterday to the support. I submitted my request in the first 3 min after it was added to the step-up list. 

Support answer: "Waiting in queue can take several days to several weeks depending on demand."

I think that is not enough card in the EU , so we will wait a lot for the approval.

Yes, I'm from Spain....

Maybe only have cards for US...

Cooltek UMX3|AsRock X99E-ITXac|i7-5930K|???|M.2 500GB|SSD 750GB|HDD 3TB|RAM 32GB (16x2GB) 3200MHz|Corsair SF600|Logitech G710+|Razer Taipan|Dell U3415W|W10 Pro|WC CUSTOM
brampower
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 05:46:33 (permalink)
I'm in the US and did my step up request at 3PM on Friday. I'm also stuck on Step 1 'In queue', so it's not just EU that's waiting. We just need to be patient and wait for the second batch which can take anywhere from days to weeks. 

Stepping up from a 1080 FTW. Step up cost (+shipping) will be $113.16

Successfully submitted step 1 = 03/10/2017 @ 3:12 PM(EST)
Upload Invoice Step 2 = Was already uploaded when I purchased the card
post edited by brampower - 2017/03/14 05:50:44
japemo
Superclocked Member
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 05:57:53 (permalink)
I post correct state....

Upgrading from: 1080 SC (EU)

Email received 03/10/2017 @ 21:18 (UTC/GMT +1)

Successfully submitted step 1 = Pending Queue

friendlysmith
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: 1080 TI FE Step Up Thread 2017/03/14 06:46:05 (permalink)
Just a heads up. I got in the que fairly early and assumed step 2 was taken care of. When I registered the card I uploaded the invoice at least twice. It turns out that they somehow hadn't received it. 9pm that night I uploaded the same invoice for the 3rd time and finally received a response from evga that it was successful. Obviously, this pushed me back in the queue....
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 51
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile