EVGA

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 17
Author
NucleusX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 240
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fantasy Arguments about Nothing 2017/01/08 11:27:39 (permalink)
http://wccftech.com/evga-geforce-10-icx-cooling-new-pcb-vrm/

"EVGA has announced their latest and high-end cooling design for NVIDIA GeForce 10 series cards. Branded as iCX, the new cards will feature
revised cooling and electrical circuitry that aims to undo the damage caused to the manufacturer with the recent “VRM Overheating Issue“."

Anyone trying to avoid the idea of EVGA releasing FTW2's to counter its previous failures with the original FTW's is either in denial, or have
their nose fair up EVGA's you know what. The 2 are directly related. Would there be an FTW2 if the FTW's where designed properly from
the very beginning and sold well ? We all know what's going on here. What a kick in the pants to all of us that sat patiently through it all
waiting for RMA's, thermal pads, and personally reworking EVGA's mistakes. The cross-ship option was only available in a select few
countries, (not in mine) so don't bother bringing that up. GPU core temps might be fine, but the power delivery, VRM's and VRAM's had
legitimate temperature problems, not to mention the exploding capacitors. What did you think would happen EVGA ? exodus incoming. 

#Furious.
post edited by NucleusX - 2017/01/08 11:37:39

CPU:  Intel 486 DX2. 66Mhz (Turbo). Cooling: LN2.
MTB: ECS. Chipset: SIS. HD: WD Raptor 300mb x 512. 154GB. Raid 0.
RAM: Corsair Obliterator Gold. EDO. 16mb. 66mhz. x8.
GPU:  Nvidia GTX Riva TNT2 FTW OC. PCI. 32mb. x4 Quad SLI.
PSU:  ATX 200 watt (no label). Case: RGB Milk Crate.

gelectrode
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Fantasy Arguments about Nothing 2017/01/08 11:40:09 (permalink)
It looks almost the same to me but with base plate on the vram, new backplate, and new name. If that is all that is changed it is nothing to worry about since performance and sound etc should be almost the same. The only problem I have with it is the naming it FTW2 is gonna make it hard for me to sell my FTW1 now since who is gonna want the version that is known to blow up even if its been RMA factory repaired, that is just how people will see it. All in all I cant say anything for sure though until we have details, no point is freaking out when we have almost no details...
NucleusX
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 12:02:46 (permalink)
*Deleted.
post edited by NucleusX - 2017/01/08 12:19:55

nrpeyton
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 257
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 12:20:34 (permalink)
I'm not worried about performance.

Because the thermal mod was optional.

But people who upgraded just to keep their rigs up-to-date.  Will be the ones who lose money.

As when they go to sell their 1st edition card; they'll get less.

If people had known this was going to happen; they may have went down a different road.  Or waited.

Up until now; the industry has been pretty predictable.   You could plan ahead.

Now; for the first time, we don't know how this is going to affect the value of our possession.  That's why people are annoyed. Because if they'd grabbed a STRIX, there would of been no devaluation of it before the next round of GPU's is launched by Nvidia.

I understand why EVGA has had to do this; I don't even mind paying for it slightly if I have to.  (In terms of an upgrade route to ICX).  But could it at least be offered at a discounted rate for loyal customers? 

What people wouldn't forget, is if there is no update route offered at all; or if the price of such an upgrade was more than the Ebay devaluation.

Its the people who wanted the 1080TI but couldn't wait and still got a 1080 first, like me.  Who could be first, to lose money.

The smart thing for EVGA to do, would be to go ahead with this as planned.  Fix their reputation.  Take some great sales on the new revision.   Let all the great reviews, of temps & performance settle.
Then, offer a decent upgrade route for the rest of us, so that n00bs buying a 1st revision card on Ebay can see "oh that's okay its 1st edition but its had the FTW 2 upgrade applied -- so same thing"...  (that FTW 2 upgrade pack could be something as cheap & simple as the new base-plate with VRAM protruding -- but to appease current customers; it would have to be marketed as the "FTW 2 upgrade kit for FTW 1"
post edited by nrpeyton - 2017/01/08 12:57:40

ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 12:24:50 (permalink)
I'm not in the case but all people with SC/FTW who will not keep their GPU until it die are completly screwed even without icx new cards...

I m lucky... I always keep all my gpu until it dies :D
pat39576
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
Re: Fantasy Arguments about Nothing 2017/01/08 13:37:40 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Sounds more like a lot of EVGA Customers just want EVGA to Stop Improving their Products...

Agreed, this is a logical next step after the fiasco of the fall where they revise the cooler and refresh the line. The pads they gave out were meant to keep them going until they could fix it and it is too early for them to make ACX 4.0 so this is just an ACX 3.0+ with a different name.
NucleusX
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 13:41:41 (permalink)
The available info and current articles and EVGA press on the iCX for the FTW/SC leaves little left to assumptions. No need to wait around for the
"clarification" some think we seem to need. Its all out there for the world to see. I think its perfectly fine to draw at-least some conclusions based
on what we know already. Companies use these kind of teasers sometimes to test the waters of customer opinion on a forum like this first, then
factor in the public reaction into their next marketing strategy from there-on. Consider this thread more beta testing. 

Salem13
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 13:47:02 (permalink)
ilyama
I'm not in the case but all people with SC/FTW who will not keep their GPU until it die are completly screwed even without icx new cards...

Going back to a PentiumII and a RageFury Pro in 1992 I have had ONE video card die on me.

The rest, save a Voodoo5500 I modded until I destroyed it, have gone to the bin in working order.
upwardsofunknown
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 17:17:15 (permalink)
ty_ger07
upwardsofunknown
clo007
bdary
rjohnson11
loveha
HeavyHemi
I know...When Samsung updated my model line 4K with HDR for 50$ less than my current one without HDR...3 months later. The thing that never changes is products get updated. Sometimes even by realizing design short comings. Should all manufacturers refrain from improving existing models/model lines? I mean, what really is the complaint here? That EVGA is improving a design? When did that become a negative? Are they supposed to be limited to releasing a static model and never make changes based on feedback? Isn't that how it SHOULD work?

Polite way of telling people to get off their high horse lol. I also agree with you. So they improved a design, and all you people can do is say "I better get this thing upgraded for free or else...". There is technically nothing wrong with your current cooler. So why should EVGA do anything for you at all? Was there a short coming on how it should have been cooled? Many including my self will say yes. Does it do the job within design specifications though? Yes, it does. So what is the issue? You feel jaded because they brought out something new and improved mid product? Let me remind you about something. The moment you buy something computer related, it's outdated. Get over it.

+1

+2...

+3

I am not sure why people are yelling at Intel also then. I mean they create processors that they refresh all the time just to bump up performance. This is the same here.

the anger isn't misplaced or misguided it's about the claims of safety for the new cooler and the implied lack their of for the old cooler. you can turn your failures in the past into marketing but doing so is at the expense of your current customers and it will upset them heavily.

There is no information at this time whether anything will be done "at the expense of your current customers". How can you know whether or not EVGA will offer the upgraded coolers as an optional free or inexpensive upgrade?

if it's free then they will have done right, if it costs anything this will be a monumental pr disaster and setback for any kind of customer service image evga has and will likely cost them in the long run. if it costs anything it is at the expense of the customer, as is their marketing right now.

post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2017/01/08 17:22:29
mkrazymike
  • Total Posts : 100
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 17:41:27 (permalink)
Everyone do a chargeback like
Me chase already assured me of
My money back if I can show them
Proof of the issue with current product if evga won't refund me or change with ftw 2 so evga your call replace refund or I get my 700 back and a free card
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 17:46:50 (permalink)
clo007

+3

I am not sure why people are yelling at Intel also then. I mean they create processors that they refresh all the time just to bump up performance. This is the same here.

People are yelling at Intel. Difference is that Intel, for quite some time had a specific business model with "Tick-Tock" which is now being replaced with Process-Architecture-Optimization (PAO). These incremental augmentations are expected from Intel so the sudden appearance of Kaby Lake shouldn't surprise recent customers of Skylake (such as myself). Problem with Intel customers is that there is no alternative to Intel. The pretty much have the CPU market locked down. People should be yelling at AMD just the same for not providing competition to their rivals. Hopefully Zen and Vega do the job and Intel stops these abysmal price inflations following every 5-10% performance gain optimizations.

Lets also not forget the uproar over Nvidia's Pascal release featuring Samsung memory modules cleverly handed out to testers, significantly benefiting the company's revenues, before quietly switching to an inferior GDDR5 module from Micron for unsuspecting consumers to purchase. They did release a VBIOS to rectify this issue allowing SOME Micron owners to reach 9000Mhz on their cards but the fact remains that most were robbed of OC potential that others were not. Those that were didn't find it fair. Even if I had Samsung I wouldn't find it fair. |Because going by general principal it is not. This situation is much closer to the EVGA iCX vs. ACX 3.0 than anything at Intel.

Right now, much like Nvidia did over Micron, EVGA is taking one off the chin for a poorly designed marketing campaign over iCX. After all the pleading for recalls and an updated cooler they provide a louder and DIY solution then follow up months later with iCX and a slogan worded poorly. They did it to themselves.

If they want the reaction, they got it. Now...they may VERY well indeed HAVE to provide a replacement to current 1070/1080 owners because overwhelmingly this is what their customers desire. If they do, this action will be highly praised and remembered by many existing and potential customers.

Wait and see.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21176
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 17:52:52 (permalink)
mkrazymike
Proof of the issue with current product if evga won't refund me or change with ftw 2 so evga your call replace refund or I get my 700 back and a free card

you english much good

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

mkrazymike
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 18:28:01 (permalink)
Nope but getting my. Money back I'm sure good at
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 18:38:27 (permalink)
mkrazymike
Nope but getting my. Money back I'm sure good at

We will see, huh?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1795
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 18:50:05 (permalink)
nrpeyton
I'm not worried about performance.

Because the thermal mod was optional.

But people who upgraded just to keep their rigs up-to-date.  Will be the ones who lose money.

As when they go to sell their 1st edition card; they'll get less.

If people had known this was going to happen; they may have went down a different road.  Or waited.

Up until now; the industry has been pretty predictable.   You could plan ahead.

Now; for the first time, we don't know how this is going to affect the value of our possession.  That's why people are annoyed. Because if they'd grabbed a STRIX, there would of been no devaluation of it before the next round of GPU's is launched by Nvidia.

I understand why EVGA has had to do this; I don't even mind paying for it slightly if I have to.  (In terms of an upgrade route to ICX).  But could it at least be offered at a discounted rate for loyal customers? 

What people wouldn't forget, is if there is no update route offered at all; or if the price of such an upgrade was more than the Ebay devaluation.

Its the people who wanted the 1080TI but couldn't wait and still got a 1080 first, like me.  Who could be first, to lose money.

The smart thing for EVGA to do, would be to go ahead with this as planned.  Fix their reputation.  Take some great sales on the new revision.   Let all the great reviews, of temps & performance settle.
Then, offer a decent upgrade route for the rest of us, so that n00bs buying a 1st revision card on Ebay can see "oh that's okay its 1st edition but its had the FTW 2 upgrade applied -- so same thing"...  (that FTW 2 upgrade pack could be something as cheap & simple as the new base-plate with VRAM protruding -- but to appease current customers; it would have to be marketed as the "FTW 2 upgrade kit for FTW 1"

I think you have pretty much nailed it on the sentiment of some of us EVGA customers. 
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2017/01/08 22:19:51

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 19:57:56 (permalink)
mkrazymike

If there is a warranty issue with your card, the correct way to handle it is via the seller or EVGA.  Your attempt to do a charge back and get a free card...??? That seems fraudulent to me. Perhaps I'm not reading your post correctly.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

mkrazymike
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 20:17:46 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
mkrazymike

If there is a warranty issue with your card, the correct way to handle it is via the seller or EVGA.  Your attempt to do a charge back and get a free card...??? That seems fraudulent to me. Perhaps I'm not reading your post correctly.

yep and there is only two ways evga can fix this for me

A REFUND

B GIVE US FTW 2 NOT SOME CRAPPY THERMAL PADS

AGAIN balls in your court evga
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 20:42:25 (permalink)
mkrazymike
HeavyHemi
mkrazymike

yep and there is only two ways evga can fix this for me

A REFUND

B GIVE US FTW 2 NOT SOME CRAPPY THERMAL PADS

AGAIN balls in your court evga

You should call or email them since this forum is primarily for users helping users (like this) - http://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
LPHTV213
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 21:52:54 (permalink)
this is in reference to @mkrazymike.. you purchased a video card that works. Yet you want the upgraded version. EVGA offers a solution "thermal pads" to aid in the cards that work but possibly might have heat issues. They also released a bios update to remedy the situation. As this is an optional mod it is up to you to decide whether or not to act upon it. You never once mentioned that you had a faulty card or a card that showed black screens etc.. You notice that a newer more refined product will be available and are upset that you purchased a (Let's just say "1st gen" card). Once again all the meanwhile you never once mentioned that your card was faulty in anyway. "You feel entitled to a refund or upgrade because... it's NOT fair that evga is coming out with a newer product when so little time has passed since my purchase.. i should have just waited."

Let's just say there were NO issues with overheating etc.. (keep in mind some cards haven't experienced those issues). You'll probably still try to file a chargeback and be upset that omg... a new product ugh... You don't go to a worldwide business and threaten filing a chargeback if they don't give you an upgrade.. that's not how it works. ***you purchased a product. the product works. EVGA has fulfilled their end of the transaction and for the sake of aiding the users who aren't experiencing problems but to be on the safe side are offering a solution.*** that's that. You're not entitled to anything. Learn to "be thankful" for the support that evga offers. When things are going our way we tend to be happy and all smiles, but the minute something goes south our demeanor changes and our attitudes shift. It shouldn't be like this. We need to learn to be thankful regardless of the circumstance. <- that's a life lesson for another time. By making posts here relating to the reasoning of your chargeback. When you go and file for your chargeback, your credit card will give you your money back temporarily. Within the next 75 days your credit card company you purchased with will be going back and forth with EVGA going over who's in the right. All EVGA has to do is link the thread.

I was waiting on ces for the 1080 ti announcement.. no announcement so i went ahead and bought the 1080 classified.. It comes in tomorrow. Let's just say the 1080 TI is announced to come out in the summer after the 90 day step up.. I'm not going to file a chargeback and say OMG.. **** EVGA I DEMAND A REFUND.......... This is life.. things don't always go our way. Learn to be content.. life is about much more than a graphics card.. and seriously.. don't make yourself look silly by saying things like "yep and there is only two ways evga can fix this for me. A REFUND   B . GIVE US FTW 2 NOT SOME CRAPPY THERMAL PADS.  AGAIN balls in your court evga".

Have a nice day.. Sorry for the rant everyone... it's just annoying to see people who feel entitled, and do something to a company that stands behind their products. i guess you can't please everyone. NOTE TO EVGA: Keep doing you and thank you for the on going support, allowing us to have forums like this, and keeping everyone up to date.
Have a great week everyone!
post edited by LPHTV213 - 2017/01/08 22:02:39
mkrazymike
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 22:05:32 (permalink)
yawn
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/08 22:12:54 (permalink)
mkrazymike
yawn

Well, since you're bored, why not call EVGA and get your issue(s) resolved? After all, all we can do is read your posts.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 00:07:54 (permalink)
It's ok. I don't think he knows how a chargeback case is handled. He is nowhere near getting his money back and owning a free video card. Just because Chase said "sure, we can try to help you" doesn't mean he has any case even close to won nor is it any evidence that Chase agrees with his claims. They say "sure, we can try to help you" to every customer no matter how insane their claims are. When the case reaches the investigation phase and he waits a few days for Chase to do their research and make their decision, I think he will find out bad news. That's why I said "We will see, huh?". He is days or weeks away from knowing the result; and I think the law is clearly on EVGA's side on this one.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2017/01/09 00:10:04

PeterFreeman
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 01:24:48 (permalink)
I think most people would agree that the new improved cooler and design for the new FTW2 wouldn't be so much of a problem if the ORGINAL FTW's line hadn't suffered from many, many problems. Having cards fail (black screen and 100% fans), having to RMA, then the need to apply a BIOS update, and all it did was make the fan more aggressive. Eventually accumulating with the expectation that the customers tack on provided thermal pads in a DIY botch it manner was all bordering on the unacceptable quite frankly.

And then to add insult to injury they release this card so soon after all of the issues. THAT, is what is pissing the owners of the original FTW's off. Add to that the fact that frequent upgraders rely on reselling their old cards to finance new ones and with the issues with original FTW's being so notorious, reselling will be all that more harder.

My last 3 cards have all been EVGA, if no option of stepping up or replacing my current 1080 FTW model is offered then I will be taking my business elsewhere for my future PC upgrade needs. Even if they do have good customer service, which they do, I can't take that away from them.

Lets see how good their legendary customer service actually is eh?
post edited by PeterFreeman - 2017/01/09 01:47:04
Salem13
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 02:04:25 (permalink)
ty_ger07
mkrazymike

you english much good

Why are you here, where is your dog in this hunt?

Just here to flame people, I'm glad you're happy with your six year old GPU.
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 02:40:58 (permalink)
well, considering I have been on the fence to buy a 1070 for now. FTW2 is going to be the one I buy. I'm personally not mad, wasn't mad when my 970 FTW's had a FTW+ around the time when I finished buying both of my 970's.

Suck it up, it happens, tech advances, things change. That's the price we pay for staying in the loop on technology. Stop whining and accept that you didn't wait. Technology advances doesn't wait on you and EVGA doesn't owe you anything for your product being "inferior" to you.

You cant go and complain to your car dealer for buying a 2016 model a month before the 2017's come out. Same concept.

panzlock
clo007

+3

People are yelling at Intel. Difference is that Intel, for quite some time had a specific business model with "Tick-Tock" which is now being replaced with Process-Architecture-Optimization (PAO). These incremental augmentations are expected from Intel so the sudden appearance of Kaby Lake shouldn't surprise recent customers of Skylake (such as myself). Problem with Intel customers is that there is no alternative to Intel. The pretty much have the CPU market locked down. People should be yelling at AMD just the same for not providing competition to their rivals. Hopefully Zen and Vega do the job and Intel stops these abysmal price inflations following every 5-10% performance gain optimizations.

Lets also not forget the uproar over Nvidia's Pascal release featuring Samsung memory modules cleverly handed out to testers, significantly benefiting the company's revenues, before quietly switching to an inferior GDDR5 module from Micron for unsuspecting consumers to purchase. They did release a VBIOS to rectify this issue allowing SOME Micron owners to reach 9000Mhz on their cards but the fact remains that most were robbed of OC potential that others were not. Those that were didn't find it fair. Even if I had Samsung I wouldn't find it fair. |Because going by general principal it is not. This situation is much closer to the EVGA iCX vs. ACX 3.0 than anything at Intel.

Right now, much like Nvidia did over Micron, EVGA is taking one off the chin for a poorly designed marketing campaign over iCX. After all the pleading for recalls and an updated cooler they provide a louder and DIY solution then follow up months later with iCX and a slogan worded poorly. They did it to themselves.

If they want the reaction, they got it. Now...they may VERY well indeed HAVE to provide a replacement to current 1070/1080 owners because overwhelmingly this is what their customers desire. If they do, this action will be highly praised and remembered by many existing and potential customers.

Wait and see.

EVGA has worked to make the product work, fix issues, and continued to provide support. They don't owe you a replacement. They have supported you beyond reasonable doubt.

they COULD recall the product outright, sure. Is it feasible? Nope. Because they offered the thermal pads free, which they choose to go that route instead of recalled the products. There-for they aren't liable or required to replace your card with a FTW2.

mkrazymike

Have fun with the police, and other legal actions as they are fraudulent. Enjoy that mark on your credit from "Chase".

EVGA sold you a working, solid card. There is no recall pending, or anything of that nature. Enjoy biting the bullet.
post edited by Squall_Rinoa86 - 2017/01/09 02:50:51

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
20mmrain
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 293
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 05:16:38 (permalink)
So I wrote evga asking if there will be a step it up program or exchange for those who own the original gtx 1070/1080 acx 3.0 cooler cards.... here is what they said.

"At this time, there's no pans on step-ups from the FTW to the FTW2, or separately available coolers. The current FTW cards are completely safe to use and are not defective whether or not you are using the additional thermal pads. The iCX is currently a concept card/cooler and we have received very little details on what that card will contain. Many of us are FTW users and have not had issues with failure or high temperatures. We expect to announce more details on the iCX in the future.

Please contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
EVGA Support"

Imo... I'm sorry this is the last straw. I mean why else come out with these cards if there wasn't a larger issue with the original cards....
A long time customer lost.... rip evga! This is coming from a guy who used evga parts for everything in his new build. I'm done!

Thanks
post edited by 20mmrain - 2017/01/09 05:23:40

i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz 1.18v - Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX) - G.Skill Sniper 1866MHZ 8GB - Corsair AX760 Modular - EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC - Samsung EVO 120GB SSD  - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD - EK XTX 240 RAD -XSPC 140 mm Rad -  XSPC RAYSTORM Block - EK Pump RES Combo - Fully water Cooled itx system (Bitfenix Chassis) - Heatware 39+ 0 -
ilyama
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 05:22:55 (permalink)
Salem13
ilyama

Going back to a PentiumII and a RageFury Pro in 1992 I have had ONE video card die on me.

The rest, save a Voodoo5500 I modded until I destroyed it, have gone to the bin in working order.

How much time do you keep a gpu ?
ilyama
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 05:24:40 (permalink)
The good news is that I'm sure all next cooling solution from evga will be rock solid lol

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 05:36:53 (permalink)
Salem13
ty_ger07
mkrazymike

you english much good

Why are you here, where is your dog in this hunt?

Just here to flame people, I'm glad you're happy with your six year old GPU.

Well, I also own a 600 series card and a 1000 series GPU. But I guess that doesn't matter to you.

I have been in this thread for pages. It's not like I just showed up to insult some guy. I have become jaded and I see the majority in here being ... well you know ... so, I give it in return to those who are the most deserving.

Do you stand for a guy who is trying to get his money back and keep his card as a free gift at the same time? Or do you stand against him and his inability to type english even though he is perfectly capable and just purposely acts like a ... well you know ... to claim the title of saltiest, least worthy, fortunate scam artist who "doesn't care" (at least about anyone but himself).

Sometimes nonsense needs to be stamped out. I am sure EVGA mods and emloyees sometimes wish that they could aggressivley correct this type of nonsense. If you won't, I will try. We shouldn't let this type of behavior exist or else the entire community may become similar or apathetic.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2017/01/09 06:02:14

LPHTV213
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 with iCX cooling !?!?!? 2017/01/09 05:44:08 (permalink)
the problem here... for those that are stating do right by us "we're long time customers... you owe us.. **** evga, do this for us, and then we'll be happy and stay with evga otherwise im leaving. <- these customers won't ever be happy with what they have and will always want more. (not just in regards to a gpu) "you can't use baseless threats of going to another vendor as leverage..." lol, go to asus, zotac, msi... you think you'll find a company who tries to "troubleshoot" the way evga does?

"if you give a mouse a cookie....... it's going to ask for a glass of milk."
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile