EVGA

"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Author
nicrulz
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 18:21:03 (permalink)
All the above retailers are ones that I check regularly.
I would also like to add another to the list that is quite big in Victoria.
centrecom.com.au

I have purchased from Centrecom a bunch but my most commonly used is definitely PCCaseGear.

l1quid
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 19:06:38 (permalink)
I signed up just to throw my support behind this initiative, it would be fantastic to be able to buy EVGA products direct at what i would hope would be a reasonable price. Current costings for hardware in this country is basically tantamount to extortion.

My only online retailer in australia is pccasegear.com as i can't stand the shoddy interfaces on any of the other sites.
jasonpb
  • Total Posts : 67
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 19:07:33 (permalink)
pccasegear is fine by me, service is pretty good, however I see no reason why shipping couldn't occur direct from the USA, not having to pay GST (if under $1000AUD) would help offset any shipping cost.  A local store to me PLE (Perth) did stock EVGA motherboards but gave up due to issues obtaining them, which resulted in people not asking to purchase them any more, they do however still sell EVGA graphics cards just a limited amount and at a premium.

I have probably ordered $80-100k worth of car parts from the US in the last few years all shipped via fedex and the cost was minimal. A titanium exhaust system was only $100 in shipping and arrived to me within three days, heck I even brought a complete engine over and it was only $600 and some change to ship. We are talking motherboards and video cards, slipped into a satchel and some on-line paperwork to complete.

With the items being sold out of Australia the distributor is going to have to pay import duties and GST, I don't think the asking price of $699 for the EVGA 680 GTX is that unfair, obtaining stock though is an issue or obtaining stock of higher end cards is impossible without a massive increase in cost. So perhaps the best option is for higher end cards/motherboards to be sold online and the lower end to continue on as is.

For Aussies wanting the soon to be released hydro cards, frozencpu and performance pc will ship to AU, I am unsure if frozencpu will allow pre-orders but I do know that performance-pc doesn't.

Raistlin Majere
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 20:35:25 (permalink)
I buy 90% of my PC parts from www.pccasegear.com

The reasons I wish to buy direct from EVGA.com:

1st - Is that Availability sucks for the higher end cards, I had to get a EVGA 580 Hydro copper on ebay in USA and import it to get one and that cost me $900 at the time.  We cant even get a EVGA 680 Hydro copper in Australia yet.

2nd - Is the priceing, the standard EVGA 680 is going for AU$ 699 at the moment on PCCG and that is a $200 markup.  The thing is the Australian dollar is worth more then the US at the moment and I know for a fact that it doesnt cost over $50 to get something the size and weight of a graphics card into Australia.  As for the General sale tax we have, it only aplies to items over $1000.  I can also understand a store making some profit but AU$ 150 is too much for my tastes.

Look at it this way...
EVGA 680 in USA = US$499
Thats AU$477
Add P&H = $50
Thats AU$527
I will not pay over AU$550 as I believe I could buy it (if I could) direct from EVGA.com cheaper.  So why are we having to pay so much for the same product?

Even EVGA.com.au has too much of a markup on its MSRP 580 prices and they dont even list the 600 series at all.

Last year when I was after a 580 hydro copper, the one store that did have one in Australia wanted AU$1200 for it.....

We want to be able to buy direct from EVGA.com
Getting our Estores to have more stock isnt going to help with the price or availability or high end cards.

post edited by Raistlin Majere - 2012/04/02 20:53:40
Simba123
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2844
  • Ribbons : 14
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 20:39:00 (permalink)

With the items being sold out of Australia the distributor is going to have to pay import duties and GST, I don't think the asking price of $699 for the EVGA 680 GTX is that unfair, obtaining stock though is an issue or obtaining stock of higher end cards is impossible without a massive increase in cost. So perhaps the best option is for higher end cards/motherboards to be sold online and the lower end to continue on as is.

Just in relation to this, there are NO import duties on electrical items.  They were removed when the GST was introduced.  Given there should be no difference in shipping costs from China to Australia compared to China to US/EU the price should pretty much be the same + gst.  There is no way that there is $200 or so in extra costs to bring a 680 into Australia.

Simple fact is that computer parts retailers are ripping us off.  CPU's cost about the same as US as do most motherboards, but some items - cases/psu/Graphics cards are ridiculously over priced in this country. 
A direct store would be great because not only would it guaruntee availability, and hopefully if eVGA prices properly, might force the other retailers and e-tailers to stop ripping us off!

Plus being able to use our eVGA bucks would be really nice
The only way we can use them at the moment is to buy from the US store ship to a member in the states and the pay to ship to Australia, the new warranty makes this easier(not having to ship back to US for RMA) but it's still an expensive exercise for a person so send a card over here (as apposed to etailers who get big discounts)

Raistlin Majere
  • Total Posts : 47
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 20:51:42 (permalink)
Oh and take a look at the new global warranty....

"This process is valid only for products shipped from EVGA on or after July 1st, 2011."

So do we only get the Global warranty only if we buy direct from EVGA or do we get it if we buy from PCCG?
Macros
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 864
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 20:52:37 (permalink)
Raistlin Majere

I buy 90% of my PC parts from www.pccasegear.com

The reasons I wish to buy direct from EVGA.com:

1st - Is that Availability sucks for the higher end cards, I had to get a EVGA 580 Hydro copper on ebay in USA and import it to get one and that cost me $900 at the time.  We cant even get a EVGA 680 Hydro copper in Australia yet.

2nd - Is the priceing, the standard EVGA 680 is going for AU$ 699 at the moment on PCCG and that is a $200 markup.  The thing is the Australian dollar is worth more then the US at the moment and I know for a fact that it doesnt cost over $50 to get something the size and weight of a graphics card into Australia.  As for the General sale tax we have, it only aplies to items over $1000.  I can also understand a store making some profit but AU$ 150 is too much for my tastes.

Look at it this way...
EVGA 680 in USA = US$499
Thats AU$477
Add P&H = $50
Thats AU$527
I will not pay over AU$550 as I believe I could buy it (if I could) direct from EVGA.com cheaper.  So why are we having to pay so much for the same product?

Even EVGA.com.au has too much of a markup on its MSRP 580 prices and they dont even list the 600 series at all.

Last year when I was after a 580 hydro copper, the one store that did have one in Australia wanted AU$1200 for it.....

We want to be able to buy direct from EVGA.com
Getting our Estores to have more stock isnt going to help with the price or availability.

Keep in mind though, that $499 USD price does *not* include taxes, in the US they add tax on top of that, whereas in Aus our prices include 10% GST.
So if EVGA sold (and I'll take the 680 for reference) locally, then I would expect to pay roughly $579-$599 AUD
Currently, $699 is $100 too high.

I actually almost bought a GTX 680 from Tiger Direct, after conversion it worked out to be $599.40 AUD including shipping.

Ship EVGA Products Locally in Australia!
EVGA X79 FTW - i7 3930K @ 4.0GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz C9 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Corsair AX850 PSU - Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD - 2x 2TB Samsung Barracuda 7200rpm - Noctua DH-14 SE2011 - CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced

_MatthewH
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4236
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 20:53:09 (permalink)
It means when we shipped the card to whomever bought it. IE newegg, tiger, amazon, a disty, or an end user. So it does not need to be bought direct from us, we just have to have sold it after july 1st.

Thanks,
Matthew Hurwitz - Assistant Product Manager Matth@evga.com 
Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns: Toll Free 888-881-3842 
You can rate our service here: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

Simba123
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2844
  • Ribbons : 14
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 21:15:21 (permalink)
I'd be happy paying a 'bit' more than US pricing, but not much more.
Remember we don't get the benefit of phone tech support here, so that's a cost that is not incurred selling a card in Australia.

we never got lifetime warranty either, but that doesn't matter anymore with the new warranty scheme.

maybe if Evga were to setup a warehouse in say Sydney, They could import all products in bulk. Then they would be able to have an e-store, plus be able to act as a direct distributor to other suppliers.  This would reduce the cost overall to suppliers, increase availability, and hopefully reduce the cost to the end user as well.

pcmaster00
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2752
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 21:39:57 (permalink)
Simba123

Remember we don't get the benefit of phone tech support here, so that's a cost that is not incurred selling a card in Australia.

we never got lifetime warranty either, but that doesn't matter anymore with the new warranty scheme.

maybe if Evga were to setup a warehouse in say Sydney, They could import all products in bulk. Then they would be able to have an e-store, plus be able to act as a direct distributor to other suppliers.  This would reduce the cost overall to suppliers, increase availability, and hopefully reduce the cost to the end user as well.

Who says you don't get the benefit of phone tech support?  EVGA's US support is open 24/7 and it just takes a call to the US office.  Now if you are going to do that through a AU landline or cell phone, it can cost you a pretty penny.  But there are other options including Google Voice, Skype and other such services.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

Macros
SSC Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 21:51:37 (permalink)
pcmaster00

Simba123

Who says you don't get the benefit of phone tech support?  EVGA's US support is open 24/7 and it just takes a call to the US office.  Now if you are going to do that through a AU landline or cell phone, it can cost you a pretty penny.  But there are other options including Google Voice, Skype and other such services.

This is correct, I had to call EVGA over4 years ago as I had an issue with my 8800GTX.
Phone support still works for us, no problems.

EVGA X79 FTW - i7 3930K @ 4.0GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz C9 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Corsair AX850 PSU - Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD - 2x 2TB Samsung Barracuda 7200rpm - Noctua DH-14 SE2011 - CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced

jasonpb
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 22:07:33 (permalink)
Simba123

Just in relation to this, there are NO import duties on electrical items.  They were removed when the GST was introduced.  Given there should be no difference in shipping costs from China to Australia compared to China to US/EU the price should pretty much be the same + gst.  There is no way that there is $200 or so in extra costs to bring a 680 into Australia.

Simple fact is that computer parts retailers are ripping us off.  CPU's cost about the same as US as do most motherboards, but some items - cases/psu/Graphics cards are ridiculously over priced in this country. 
A direct store would be great because not only would it guaruntee availability, and hopefully if eVGA prices properly, might force the other retailers and e-tailers to stop ripping us off!

Plus being able to use our eVGA bucks would be really nice
The only way we can use them at the moment is to buy from the US store ship to a member in the states and the pay to ship to Australia, the new warranty makes this easier(not having to ship back to US for RMA) but it's still an expensive exercise for a person so send a card over here (as apposed to etailers who get big discounts)

That's odd then as I was charged "indirect taxes" with GST slapped on top of the purchase price, indirect taxes and shipping cost when the person I bought it from didn't mark the package down under $1000AUD, the customers officer had around 7 large books and looked up each item to see what duty applied. I could possibly still have the receipt from customs, will look when I get home.

I still don't believe $699 is ripping people off for a standard 680 card, we don't know what he purchases the cards for, what it costs to bring over or any of the running costs. What I do have a problem with is $500-700 over list for the premium cards, someone's making a killing but stock of these even in the USA is hard to come by so people are charging what they can.
lordbollo
  • Total Posts : 8
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/02 23:52:47 (permalink)
I don't mind buying off local suppliers etc but i would like to be able to get stuff like the backplates and high flow brackets that Evga have but you can't get here in Australia. Also I would like to be able to use the step up program etc that Evga offer but with out Evga offering direct sales etc we just miss out here.
Also I have to agree that there would be a big saving for us here if we could force the distributors here to play fair and stop price gouging us on new and popular products. 

i7 3970X 
Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
Evga GTX 680 Classified Sli
16Gb G.Skill  4x4Gb@ 2133  
Asus Xonar Phoebus + Logitech Z-5500D
Corsair AX1200 
Samsung 305T 
Corsair K90 + Logitech G9x 
Silverstone TJ11
Macros
SSC Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/03 00:16:43 (permalink)
lordbollo

I don't mind buying off local suppliers etc but i would like to be able to get stuff like the backplates and high flow brackets that Evga have but you can't get here in Australia. Also I would like to be able to use the step up program etc that Evga offer but with out Evga offering direct sales etc we just miss out here.
Also I have to agree that there would be a big saving for us here if we could force the distributors here to play fair and stop price gouging us on new and popular products. 

Under the new Global Warranty system, anyone who is an original purhcaser will be able to buy an extended warranty (within 30 days) and be eleigible for Step-Up (within 90 days). Our shipping costs will be more, but we can now do it!
Which is annoying for me, because I bought my card on the 25th of Feb, and I'm not even a week out of my 30 days.
Otherwise I would of taken the opportunity to Step-Up to a GTX 680.

jasonpb
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/03 01:01:28 (permalink)
lordbollo
Under the new Global Warranty system, anyone who is an original purhcaser will be able to buy an extended warranty (within 30 days) and be eleigible for Step-Up (within 90 days). Our shipping costs will be more, but we can now do it!
Which is annoying for me, because I bought my card on the 25th of Feb, and I'm not even a week out of my 30 days.
Otherwise I would of taken the opportunity to Step-Up to a GTX 680.

Depends on where you need to ship it back to, I only missed out by a month as well which would have saved me a fair bit on having to pay for an entire new card ;) if it had to be shipped back to the USA and then cover shipping back to Australia then I would say you'd be better off selling the existing card on ebay and then buying a new 680.
hellshealer
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 836
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 06:40:04 (permalink)
/sign

GIMMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mah rig:
HAF X  
i7 980X @4.3 (143x30) H70
eVGA X58 4-way SLI Classified  
6gb kingston hyperX 1436mhz@ 8-8-8-88-1T 
Vraptor 150gb OS installed win 7
WD black 1tb storage
eVGA GTX470 2 way SLI
evga GT430 (second monitor)
Antec 1200watt true power  

snapsimo
  • Total Posts : 93
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 06:48:10 (permalink)
I hope they help us and allow us to order direct from them.

EVGA X58 FTW3
i7 960 Stock Watercooled
Corsair Vengeance CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 24GB (6x4GB) DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 (OC'd 800/1600/1900) Watercooled
Coolmaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W
Swiftech h20-220 + 120, CPU apogee xt, EK-5x0 full block Water Cooled 
zogger
  • Total Posts : 60
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 07:15:16 (permalink)
/signed

just so EVGA are aware there is a massive turn towards internet purchasing in Australia due to the strong aussie dollar but also to get around the price gauging undertaken by most Australian brick and mortar stores (incl. Australian online options). With the strong AUD in comparison the the USD the Australian consumer is dictating a strong market shift that is now starting to directly affect local purchases. End of the day Australians want and DEMAND better pricing instead of the blatant over exaggerated price indexing that companies feel they can justify due to factors such as geographic position. Whilst yes there are erogenous costs associated with living in the pacific the mark up to recoup such costs are not on parity with actual. Instead its used as another mechanism to try and justify the exorbitant increases at the store. In many cases such mark ups are recouped by the sale of at least <10% of the total importation and duties incurred.

If EVGA provided alternate option and better pricing and/or assisted local companies to be competitive in what now is a global consumer market it would certainly set a standard by which even your competitors and 'licensed importation agents' would have to stop and take notice. Until such time as the competition adapts to EVGA's change in market approach to the australian consumer you would no doubt see a drastic shift from the consumer to look towards your product as a serious contender for their dollar. By that theory alone increasing your overall turn over though decreasing the profit margin at the store would benefit both yourselves but companies like PCCasegear and would yield both an increase in overall income from increase in turnover but exposure of your brand (after all branding is everything).

I am a proud owner of a EVGA P55 FTW MOBO and GTX480... in the next month i will be looking towards upgrading the entire system.. i can tell you right now I will be maximising my purchasing power by any means necessary, at this stage this will be to an offshore company. However if i was to benefit from direct purchasing from EVGA and/or your partners in Australia it would certainly sway my decision to invest in EVGA products. But at this stage given the current economic climate i will be looking for best bang for buck, the way i look at it is the difference in my purchasing power by buying overseas rather than locally allows me to invest that dollar difference into perhaps repainting the interior of one of my properties or least put it towards a night out with the wife (also an investment) so that i can talk/bribe her into letting me go tri-sli etc..

Anyway EVGA your Australian customers are talking.. help us to help you.. end of the day do you want a stronger relationship with your Australasian consumer and become second to none with respects to your competition.
post edited by zogger - 2012/04/03 07:20:45
_MatthewH
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 12:03:06 (permalink)
In terms of backplates performance PC's usually ships to AU and has our accessories (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33750]http://www.performance-pc...&products_id=33750

In terms of extended warranties and step-ups this is still limited to the US, Canada, and EU currently.

Thanks,
Feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns: Toll Free 888-881-3842 

Macros
SSC Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 16:41:36 (permalink)
EVGA_MatthewH

In terms of backplates performance PC's usually ships to AU and has our accessories (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33750]http://www.performance-pc...&products_id=33750

In terms of extended warranties and step-ups this is still limited to the US, Canada, and EU currently.

So even after the Global Warranty came in place, only North America and EU can take advantage of Extended WTY & Step-Up?

_MatthewH
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 16:46:54 (permalink)
The global warranty affected what region you have to ship to and the fact that the warranty follows the product not the person. Ext warranties and step-up remain unchanged currently.

Thanks,

Macros
SSC Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 17:14:46 (permalink)
EVGA_MatthewH

The global warranty affected what region you have to ship to and the fact that the warranty follows the product not the person. Ext warranties and step-up remain unchanged currently.

That's a bugger. Oh well.
Hopefully once EVGA are able to directly sell here, we will be able to take advantage of those services.

morgs38
  • Total Posts : 6
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 18:21:08 (permalink)
signed :)
Funny just asked EVGA about this last week via emails . Love evga products as has been said already just hard to get and pricy here .

• Intel Core i7 930 - 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | 3x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR3-1528 - 8-8-8-24
    1x EVGA GTX 570 Vanilla | Samsung 24 " - 1920x1200 LCD | MICROSOFT S/W X8 | Corsair K60 
    1x Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD + 2x Seagate 500mb HDD | Pioneer 215 DVD-R | Asus Essence STX | Corsair AX 850 psu
louiscarter88
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia, Step up Program and EVGA Bucks. 2012/04/03 23:58:57 (permalink)
Signed up to the forums just for this :D

/signed! 

Would love to see this happen, I'm no expert but 699 AUD for a 499 USD card seems a bit too much.

oriphinz
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 02:44:52 (permalink)
I am from Aus and came here just to say YES PLEASE :)
revelation323
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 18:07:21 (permalink)
I agree. I have been trying to get EVGA parts direct for ages! They are either way overpriced in Australia or you cannot even get the parts you want! Come on EVGA, you are one of the leading graphics cards manufacturers in the world. Surely its not too much to ask to make your great products more available to Australians.
nicrulz
  • Total Posts : 29
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 18:09:14 (permalink)
Just ordered a GTX 680 Hydro from FrozenCPU with delivery to Aus for a little under $750. I'm pretty happy with that price. They are still showing as available to order right now.
I cant post links but search 02G-P4-2689-KR

jasonpb
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 18:09:16 (permalink)
Guys see here and get in quick! the first lot of stock arriving is pretty limited but I am sure plenty more will come.

Mark and his employees are also a great bunch of guys to deal with.

http://forums.evga.com...62&mpage=1#1533287

_MatthewH
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 18:17:50 (permalink)
Frozen CPU is another alternative for you guys.

Thanks,

jasonpb
Re:"Official" petition for Direct Sales to Australia 2012/04/04 18:25:05 (permalink)
EVGA_MatthewH

Frozen CPU is another alternative for you guys.

It's just a shame my card only just left CA today ;) you guys should have sent them overnight freight, the wait is killing me!!!!!!!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile