UK Step up, my experience post Brexit

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Audioboxer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: UK Step up, my experience post Brexit 2022/03/07 08:52:23 (permalink)
murdochi
My new 3080 is now in the UK, but UPS have emailed me asking me to pay £50+ Import Fees! What's the correct play here, now?

Damn, so this is still happening. You've got to pay it then chase it from the UK Government with a BOR286 form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-customs-dutyimport-vat-relating-to-imports-by-post-bor286

You won't get your parcel unless you pay it.

Takes like 8 weeks to get a response from UK customs. I've already told EVGA customer support UK customs says its them not filling out the digital import document properly, but they're obviously still doing it wrong so UK parcels get hit with VAT.

I'm just sending off my Step Up just now.
post edited by Audioboxer - 2022/03/07 08:54:05
murdochi
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: UK Step up, my experience post Brexit 2022/03/07 08:59:17 (permalink)
Audioboxer
murdochi
My new 3080 is now in the UK, but UPS have emailed me asking me to pay £50+ Import Fees! What's the correct play here, now?

Damn, so this is still happening. You've got to pay it then chase it from the UK Government with a BOR286 form

Takes like 8 weeks to get a response from UK customs. I've already told EVGA customer support UK customs says its them not filling out the digital import document properly, but they're obviously still doing it wrong so UK parcels get hit with VAT.

I shall have a look, thank you...I did get an email back from EVGA  which mentions "EVGA does not cover any duties, fees, taxes or customs charges incurred while shipping." EVGA also sent me the pro-forma which says DAP, instead of DDP (my understanding of which is, the former means I have to pay import, the latter means I don't). Does this mean I am stuck with having to pay it? :(
Audioboxer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: UK Step up, my experience post Brexit 2022/03/07 09:09:19 (permalink)
murdochi
Audioboxer
murdochi

Damn, so this is still happening. You've got to pay it then chase it from the UK Government with a BOR286 form

I shall have a look, thank you...I did get an email back from EVGA  which mentions "EVGA does not cover any duties, fees, taxes or customs charges incurred while shipping." EVGA also sent me the pro-forma which says DAP, instead of DDP (my understanding of which is, the former means I have to pay import, the latter means I don't). Does this mean I am stuck with having to pay it? :(

The proforma invoice is for getting it to them without customs, the issue is on the sending back end. They're not filling out the forms correctly for shipping from Germany to the UK so UK customs is treating the packages like a brand new purchase and hitting it VAT.

You will have to pay, you will not get your package released unless you do. Technically it's not the handlers fault either, they had to pay the import tax on your behalf to release the package from the airport. Which is why we end up needing to chase UK customs to refund us.

That's what UK Border Force claim EVGA are doing wrong.
post edited by Audioboxer - 2022/03/07 09:17:06
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile