EVGA

The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky!

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 41
Author
w4ss4b3
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4560
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 21
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/08 20:17:17 (permalink)
Hey whats up EVGA FAM. I have recently been coming to your forums ever since I got a GTX 560. BTW the card is awesome. Anyway my real name is Michael if you don't want to go by esC0b4r..

I am currently in a troubled situation for I have had some run ins with the law so I am on house arrest and probation for up to a year. Not to mention I have a lot of health issues mostly physically. Most recent issue was my shoulder which I finally may have had taken care of for good. Went through about 5 surgeries all together now for my left shoulder and hopefully this last one will do the trick. I had 1 surgery on my right shoulder. So basically at the moment I am recovering from surgery and I am unable to work for a while for I have to be sure that this procedure I had done doesn't get affected later by me trying to start working to soon. I have to allow it to heal for quite a while before I can say I am official done recoverying and ready to start working so I am on here quite a bit. I also will be looking into maybe getting into school for computers for I do love and enjoy messing around with computers. I just wish I could do more with my computer but since I am not working I can. Anyway thats the story behind escobar aka Michael.. Thank you guys for all your great advice so far and I look forward to meeting more of you and getting more good advice.

Rig -

Asus M4N75TD nVIDIA 750a mobo
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9Ghz
4G of Ultra ddr3 16000mhz memory but running at 13333mhz
2g of Corsair ddr3 13333mhz memory
150gig SATA II(i think) HD
Cool Master 460W Power Supply
EVGA GTX 560 SuperClocked(not the TI version)
Cooler Master Elite 371 RC-371-KKN1 ATX Mid-Tower Case
My cooling is ALL stocked which sucks because I need a new heatsink fan but cant afford it.
It would also be cool to get a more powerful power supply so I am not worried that I am pushing my to the max. Also need some better cooling over all because I am stuck with stock cooling.

Hopefully in 6month - 1year and 6months I will begin being able to work and save up to upgrade my rig do get a little bit closer to the rigs most if not all of you have =P. Just a plain simple gaming rig but with excellent specs na mean? 1200W ps 12gb ram awesome cooling system so I could overclock either my current CPU or maybe a new on, maybe a different motherboard but i like mines, and I would love to try doing SLI especially with the 560. To bad I hear if you dont have the 1.25g or 2g one the vram gets maxxed quickly =(...

Anyway thank you for inviting me to your community. I look forward to meeting you all and getting good advice from ya!
post edited by esCob4r - 2012/01/08 20:23:53

_RickH
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/13 10:41:19 (permalink)
Hello everyone. I don't think I introduced myself yet so I thought I would take some time out of my busy day to say hi. I work with Shane as a Webmaster so if anyone has any questions or concerns about EVGA's websites please let me know and I will do my best to help with the situation. Well since this is my first official post I will end it with I hope everyone is having a good friday and will have a great weekend.
ARCTIC_EAGLE
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5257
  • Ribbons : 22
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/14 10:25:06 (permalink)
EVGAWeb_RickH

Hello everyone. I don't think I introduced myself yet so I thought I would take some time out of my busy day to say hi. I work with Shane as a Webmaster so if anyone has any questions or concerns about EVGA's websites please let me know and I will do my best to help with the situation. Well since this is my first official post I will end it with I hope everyone is having a good friday and will have a great weekend.

Hi, welcome to the mad house. I hope Shane teaches you the art of trolling, he is, after all, the master. What happened to your first post?
donald trump
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 539
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/14 23:25:46 (permalink)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to stop by to say hello to everyone here, I have been a long time watcher on this forum and recently started upgrading my computer a lot and ended up with an EVGA graphics card (after switching from a PNY 9400GT to my 550 Ti, much improvement I must say!) - so I figured I would look around here.

I take a good interest in your guy's case mods I see around here and got me to think on what to do with my old Lexa S as I now have the Thermaltake level 10-gt snow edition so I figured I may as well mess with my old case! My current build isn't anywhere near as good as most people's here but it gets my GTA IV and all the mods I throw at it running great. 

Here is my mods thing: Or not, didn't notice links aren't allowed.  (As you can see it's a modified HP A1700N so don't expect too much out of it :p )

Anyway, looking forward to be a long time member and hopefully do some good case mods and (attempt) to make some full cases on my own! If you ever want, feel free to add me on Steam here:  

A little about myself: I'm 17 and from what it looks like I'm in the group of the young ones around here :p - I'm from Southern California and I have been doing web design and coding ever since I was 12 as started with a small free forum for a clan I was in when I played CSS and have worked my way up to making full websites including custom CMS's all the way to linking game servers with payment API's and what not. I mostly do stuff for fun, and I love to learn anything really that involves computers!

post edited by donald trump - 2012/01/14 23:42:58

jamesreaper
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 121
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/22 11:31:02 (permalink)
hi all im kinda new here...always loved evga gear...just wish i had more money to spend on it..lol

If we don't know life, how can we know death?
hellsteel
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 643
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/25 01:18:39 (permalink)
Looking for love!

Name: David
Looking for a real looker! I like long walks on the beach with a nice Italian dinner afterwards! 
lol.. :P

A little about me, I have been a member of the Evga forums for two years, I enjoy Gaming/Building and modding my PC. I built alot of  my friends PCs because I enjoy doing it. I am Currently finishing my last year of school (Crim) before I move onto a career in law enforcement (Not sure which type, I believe I will apply for all the positions available to get my foot in the door (Primarily due to the competative nature in Canada).  I eventually plan to get my masters and teach part time for extra money and thats about it for now.

My rig: Posted in signature
Car I just purchased last week:

Mitsubishi lancer GTS

Pleasure to meet you all :)
post edited by hellsteel - 2012/01/25 02:09:19
blkhole
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 500
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/25 01:28:17 (permalink)
I like stuff.  I like to make and break stuff, all types of mechanical and electrical stuff, I like to make stuff faster and better; I collect lots of stuff and add it to my already full garage of stuff...  With this stuff I waste lots of time and agrivate my wife and stuff...

Attached Image(s)

Heatware Info: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=79249
EVGA Affiliate Code:  XE66EMX2N9
hellsteel
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 643
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/25 01:30:56 (permalink)
^Is that all of your stuff? because I like stuff.
blkhole
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 500
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/25 01:39:24 (permalink)
Oh I gots plenty more stuff, too many hobbies come and gone...  I stick w/ technology stuff, diving, camping, outdoor type stuff primarily nowdays as it can be done cheaply...  and although I like stuff, I haven't cracked the infinite money cheat code yet, so I must enjoy my stuff frugally. 

Heatware Info: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=79249
EVGA Affiliate Code:  XE66EMX2N9
eastsidahboy
  • Total Posts : 53
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/25 10:21:21 (permalink)
hello names jeff an am new here im from socal.  im looking forward to do my ever first rig build
i got an EVGA x58 mobo, 1366 i7 960, 2 560 GTX, evga SP2 PSU and still underconstruction

thanks peace
post edited by eastsidahboy - 2012/01/25 10:24:44
Encrypted_God
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2259
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/26 21:01:46 (permalink)
Hello to all those that just joined the awesome community of EVGA. Good to see ya here. enjoy your stay and remember to read the

Maybe think about Folding?

• EVGA X99 Classy
• EVGA GeForce RTX 3070
• EVGA Supernova 1000G3
• EVGA X17 Mouse
• EVGA X12 KB
• Samsung 850 Pro SSD Win.10 Dedicated
• Cooled with Koolance LIQ-702
...and all kinds of goodies
uncle poop
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 576
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/28 12:43:29 (permalink)
hey didn't notice this post till now... way to pay attention me.... anyway i'm a recent newbie...

i'm 38yrs old. been a long time since i was into computers or actually owned a computer... with a little bit of luck (actually a whole lot) and a bit of saving i will have my comp... and actually will have it done in about 2-3 weeks...

i'm a gamer in the fact that i play video games... i'm not some raging kid that quits because he got his ass handed to him by some old guy... i'm a raging old man who doesn't rage quit when he gets killed but curses louder and blames everything but his own skill on why he died...

i know i have posted before this and actually made a newbie post but i feel i should have posted here and not made my own post... have i mentioned i think i have memory problems? or so it seems i do...
Khaotic
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/01/28 13:51:22 (permalink)
Hey all.
Back aftering taking quite a bit of time away from the forum world.
I used to do some review work over at www.cluboc.net but a change in my "day job" prompted a move to Florida. I'm finally getting settled after 2 years, and I've been poking around seeing what I've missed.
   Looking to play a lot of golf in the local area, catch some saltware fish, and upgrade this RIG of mine.

+Cheers
_RickH
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/03 14:09:49 (permalink)
ARCTIC_EAGLE

EVGAWeb_RickH

Hi, welcome to the mad house. I hope Shane teaches you the art of trolling, he is, after all, the master. What happened to your first post?

Thanks for the Welcome. Sorry that I haven't replied to this post sooner but have been really busy with all the EVGA web work. My first post was deleted because it was a test for something we were working on for the Forum pages. Though I am really busy at the moment I will be sure to stop in to the Forums to say hello and take care of any issues that may arise. 
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/03 14:16:52 (permalink)
EVGAWeb_RickH

Thanks for the Welcome. Sorry that I haven't replied to this post sooner but have been really busy with all the EVGA web work. My first post was deleted because it was a test for something we were working on for the Forum pages. Though I am really busy at the moment I will be sure to stop in to the Forums to say hello and take care of any issues that may arise. 

Shane finally acquired an Assistant....interesting.  EVGA is expanding after all.  Welcome aboard Rick 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
redcloud
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 610
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/03 14:24:06 (permalink)
Welcome aboard Rick

_RickH
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/03 14:56:59 (permalink)
atfrico

EVGAWeb_RickH

Shane finally acquired an Assistant....interesting.  EVGA is expanding after all.  Welcome aboard Rick 

Actually I have been working with Shane for months now but he keeps me locked in a closet so I don't get out much. lol jk 
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/03 14:59:20 (permalink)
EVGAWeb_RickH

atfrico

EVGAWeb_RickH

Actually I have been working with Shane for months now but he keeps me locked in a closet so I don't get out much. lol jk 

Aww....that explains it...

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
  • Total Posts : 12
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/08 08:01:21 (permalink)
Hi everyone I am new in the forum.
I am from Bulgaria( Eastern Europe) and I love to deal with PC hardware, but I don't have enought money :D:D. Because of this I only have gtx 550 ti and I am proud with it :)
Wily_One
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/08 10:21:08 (permalink)
Hey I guess I should introduce myself as well, even though I've been on the forums for some years.

My foray into EVGA started with my first self-built machine, back in 2006.  The boss actually gave her blessing, and my various component purchases were my birthday present.  Decided to go with the 680i, since Intel boards did not support SLI, and paired that with a Core 2 Duo E6850.  Then the 780i came out and they offered the Upgrade program, so I went with it.  After a long wait of checking the queue daily, after 3 months got my new 780i. 

For graphics started with the 8800 Ultra - got a great deal at the time.  Recently upgraded that to the 560 Ti Superclocked. 

Recently replaced Windows XP 32-bit with Windows 7 64-bit, but this box is showing its age.  It won't be much longer before it's time to get on a modern platform.  It's been fun and a learning experience.

EVGA 780i A1 | Intel E6850 @3.60 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill PC2-8000 (5-4-4-12 2T) | Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
EVGA 560 Ti Superclocked | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty

OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB SSD | 2x WD RE4 500GB SATA
Plextor 760A IDE DVD | BENQ 1670 IDE DVD
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 | Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 case

latenitec1
  • Total Posts : 45
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/16 05:29:29 (permalink)
Hi,
Just started in EVGA when I bought a GTX 460.  Looking to build a Z68 based rig, Already have bought a i7-2600k and a pair of Intel SSDs for a raid setup

Been folding for EVGA since august of last year

I've currently got 3 home built machines (AMD Athlon 64 x2, Althon  445x3 (for multimedia and folding) and main Rig is AMD Phenom II 955
post edited by latenitec1 - 2012/02/16 05:31:39
xmech
  • Total Posts : 21
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/16 19:25:28 (permalink)
yo 

i7 980 @ 4.4
Corsair H100 

EVGA Classified 760 Bios 83
24g Corsair Vengeance 1600
EVGA 970 SC  04G-P4-0974-KR

Antec 1200 V3
Silverstone 1200
SSD X 2 Sandisk Ultra 120g  
W7U Raid0

m0nkie
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/18 21:42:04 (permalink)
My name is Tony and I'm new here. I'm very new to building PCs. This is the first gaming rig I build. I'm joining this forum so I can keep up on Kepler's release. I'm holding back on the graphic card. Looking forward to EVGA GTX680 SLI in the future.

post edited by m0nkie - 2012/02/18 21:52:31

|| Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 || Asus Z68 || Intel i5 2500k || Corsair TX650 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB || Samsung SSD ||
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/18 21:51:00 (permalink)
m0nkie

My name is Tony and I'm new here. I'm very new to building PCs. This is the first gaming rig I build. I'm joining this forum so I can keep up on Kepler's release. I'm holding back on the graphic card. Looking forward to EVGA GTX680. will be looking forward to go SLI in the future.

Welcome to the forums and stick around even after the release. Lots of knowledge to be gained with helpful advice.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
m0nkie
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/18 21:55:17 (permalink)
Thanks! Definitely will.. I'm long term members of other forums. It's a powerful tool these days. 

|| Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 || Asus Z68 || Intel i5 2500k || Corsair TX650 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB || Samsung SSD ||
ansky08
  • Total Posts : 44
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/02/19 07:45:35 (permalink)
My name's Mo.  I have a side hobby (wouldn't call it a business yet) helping friends / strangers build gaming pcs.  My hardcore gaming days are over for now... have a wife and a job in Finance, although I do sneak in a few matches of DotA 2 beta, D3 beta, Tribes Ascend beta.

Had a chance to peek around the forums a bit, seems like a great community!

i5-2500k @ 4.5 | Corsair H60 cooler | eVGA GTX460 (don't really game anymore!) | G.Skill 8GB Ripjaws X | Kingston V100+ 96GB SSD | 1.5TB Western Digital Black | Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP | daskeyboard Professional mechanical keyboard
AfflictedNation
  • Total Posts : 67
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/03/03 23:49:18 (permalink)
Hey ma name's Josh, I've had an account for a while now but I'm barely getting into the forum.  i mostly joined for ModRigs cause i wanted to show off my Rig, and see all customs stuff that made mine look bad.  
I'm not a complete noob but i'm still pretty new to most of the technical stuff, and i'm looking forward to learning all kinds of new stuff. 
And i can't wait for the new nvidia cards either, already sold my 580 so I can afford the next flag ship. 
Happy to find a forum to call home!

Keep your eyes open!

Buying Something? RNLS87YM78, Or eBay it Here 
Cadred
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/03/10 10:13:07 (permalink)
Hi.  I am a total computer noob.  I play warcraft and use my puter for other things like storing pictures--- artist here.  I came to EVGA cause my Alienware 790i ultra is giving me so much trouble that I'm thinking of just building a computer.  But I don't have a clue about doing that.  Thankfully, you guys do!!!!!  So I'm looking to solve probs with my current puter and hopefully fixing it so I can study on how to make a great rig.  I look forward to getting to know you guys.  Happy to have signed up.
AfflictedNation
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/03/10 11:06:06 (permalink)
Hey man welcome to the forums. I think this thread has kinda died but, you definitely come to the right place. Just search the forums and whatever you can't find just start a thread and well tell you everything you wanna know

Keep your eyes open!

Buying Something? RNLS87YM78, Or eBay it Here 
Boogie1964
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2012/03/10 18:50:16 (permalink)
Hello from Lehigh Acres FL nice to meet you all and thanks for plenty of ideas
Brand new to making computers look cool . I have started for the 1st time to improve on a computer I bought and so far thanks to this forum and others I think I have made some nice improvements to my system. If you see anything else I should do please let me know.
post edited by Boogie1964 - 2012/03/10 18:53:41
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 41
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile