EVGA

The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky!

Page: << < ..41 Showing page 41 of 41
Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30991
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re:The official EVGA Introduce yourself Sticky! 2023/03/14 11:20:15 (permalink)
damric
Sorry it's taken me 2 years to post here. Busy, Busy :D

Let's see, about me. Lifetime electronics technician. Started in high school vocational class. Career in the navy as an ET nuclear. Did PLCs and stuff in steel mills. Now I volunteer my time with things that I enjoy, and a lot of that is computer hardware related. I'm also into weight lifting, mountain biking, and kayaking. I can't run anymore because my knees are just shot!

I can't even remember what my first EVGA hardware was. I know in recent memory the last NEW card I bought was an RTX 3080 FTW for my wife's gaming rig. I have quite a few EVGA PSUs and older cards in the house, and most of them are in use folding.

I love overclocking. I am often buying old ebay stuff to tweak and attempt those HWBOT records. I have this one EVGA card that I just can't seem to crack though. It's an old GTX 750 FTW with dedicated 6-pin. The thing just won't draw more than like 50W though it it surely built to draw way more than that. I've firmware edited the power and voltages on other Maxwell cards but this one locks me out no matter which version of NVFLASH and MBE I have tried.

I don't know how to edit my rig specs. What you see on the modmymods thing is what I was running 2 years ago on my main rig.

Thanks for having me here!

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Add detail to all your posts - Use the signature feature  https://forums.evga.com/editprofile.aspx

It is a great way for members to see the you list hardware, in every post

Default ID & PW should be the same as your EVGA Forums ID & PW - so, you just need to log on, make a Rig & make it public  Build Your Rig

You can you make more than one Rig, then you choose which one is the main rig - look for that checkbox option & update your

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page: << < ..41 Showing page 41 of 41
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile