AnsweredHot!Support for 14th Intel CPUs

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
Author
cesarx
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1723
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/09 07:36:04 (permalink)
how ironic those Z690 mobo's came with a BIOS update port in the board itself lol
post edited by cesarx - 2023/12/09 12:31:19

Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite........MSI Z690 Edge
12700k.......................................12700kf
Red Devil 6950XT...........EVGA RTX2080 Super
EVGA P2 850W.................EVGA GD 700W 
Rip Jaws 32GB 3600..........FlareX 16GB 3200 
Sceptre P35..........................Sceptre P30
ilukeberry
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 258
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/09 10:28:17 (permalink)

Intel i9 13900KS | EVGA Z790 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 4x16GB 6600MHz | NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti FE | Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 AIO | Seasonic PRIME TX-850 | PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv X
Flybye
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1170
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/09 14:15:01 (permalink)
Except this sinking is taking several years in the making. Notice not even an apology on the forums? I don’t even think they have the budget to hire someone to update the website even IF they release the update. 🤣

Gaming thing
i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
Ravenmaster
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 743
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 06:32:44 (permalink)
Flybye
Except this sinking is taking several years in the making. Notice not even an apology on the forums? I don’t even think they have the budget to hire someone to update the website even IF they release the update. 🤣

Last rumour I heard was that Nvidia is suing the pants off of EVGA for breaching contract with them. So the remaining EVGA staff may well be under strict NDA regarding any information about the company and its future.

Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero | Intel Core i9-14900KF | RTX 4090 FE | 2x32GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5 RAM (7200mhz) | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2 NVMe's for main OS and backup) | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 |Klipsch 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos speakers + Denon AVR-X2800H Receiver | LG 42" C2 OLED | EVGA ASSOCIATE CODE: JRKV0L1B1GY3ADW

KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 07:53:09 (permalink)
Ravenmaster
Flybye

Last rumour I heard was that Nvidia is suing the pants off of EVGA for breaching contract with them. So the remaining EVGA staff may well be under strict NDA regarding any information about the company and its future.

I actually tried to verify that one, as I don't think Nvidia gives a rat's behind what EVGA given all the money they are making! However, after basic internet searching this is the best and only information I could find.
Yes, there is a lawsuit against EVGA for stopping the production of Nvidia GPUs. However, the lawsuit is not related to the company’s decision to stop manufacturing GPUs. It's about financials, and even then, there is almost no information.
post edited by KimbaWLion - 2023/12/10 07:56:39

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

Stardust_One
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 678
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 08:21:59 (permalink)
KimbaWLion
I actually tried to verify that one, as I don't think Nvidia gives a rat's behind what EVGA given all the money they are making! However, after basic internet searching this is the best and only information I could find.
Yes, there is a lawsuit against EVGA for stopping the production of Nvidia GPUs. However, the lawsuit is not related to the company’s decision to stop manufacturing GPUs. It's about financials, and even then, there is almost no information.

Thank you for the hint. I found a very interesting article at Anandtech. EVGA and NVIDIA To Split: EVGA Won’t Make Next-Gen NVIDIA Cards

"As laid out in both pieces, EVGA’s parting from NVIDIA comes as the company’s relationship with NVIDIA has, according to EVGA, soured over the years. Most notably, AIB margins have been slowly shrinking over the past couple of decades, with JPR publishing that gross margins at the AIB partners have fallen from 25% in 2000 to 10% in 2015, and finally an estimated 5% this year."

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18944
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 08:31:44 (permalink)
KimbaWLion
Ravenmaster
Flybye

I actually tried to verify that one as I don't think Nvidia give a rat's behind what EVGA given all the money they is making! However, after basic internet searching this is the best and only information I could find.
"Yes, there is a lawsuit against EVGA for stopping the production of Nvidia GPUs. However, the lawsuit is not related to the company’s decision to stop manufacturing GPUs.Instead, it is related to the company’s alleged failure to disclose information about its financial performance to its shareholders"

EVGA is a private company - no shareholders.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a class-action from owners of motherboards that were apparently supposed to get the bios update for 14th Gen though.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

KimbaWLion
iCX Member
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 10:32:25 (permalink)
Nereus
KimbaWLion
Ravenmaster
Flybye

I actually tried to verify that one as I don't think Nvidia give a rat's behind what EVGA given all the money they is making! However, after basic internet searching this is the best and only information I could find.
"Yes, there is a lawsuit against EVGA for stopping the production of Nvidia GPUs. However, the lawsuit is not related to the company’s decision to stop manufacturing GPUs.Instead, it is related to the company’s alleged failure to disclose information about its financial performance to its shareholders"

Wouldn't be surprised to see a class-action from owners of motherboards that were apparently supposed to get the bios update for 14th Gen though.

I was just quoting what little information I could find, I didn't post the link as it had so little information as to be worth it. Maybe they should have used the word investors vs. shareholders, I didn't write it. What's done is done and EVGA is what it is. Any lawsuit between Nvidia and EVGA will take ages to sort out, if there is one. We won't hear much about it. Generally speaking, it shouldn't' affect what needs to be done. 

I don't foresee bios updates and other needed updates coming any time soon and that I DO care about...

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 11:24:15 (permalink)
KimbaWLion
Nereus
KimbaWLion
Ravenmaster
Flybye

I was just quoting what little information I could find, I didn't post the link as it had so little information as to be worth it. Maybe they should have used the word investors vs. shareholders, I didn't write it. What's done is done and EVGA is what it is. Any lawsuit between Nvidia and EVGA will take ages to sort out, if there is one. We won't hear much about it. Generally speaking, it shouldn't' affect what needs to be done. 

I don't foresee bios updates and other needed updates coming any time soon and that I DO care about...

Sorry yeah I see you amended it, but I still had the orig post open in another window (had to afk a bit), my bad.
I don't know if NVidia would bother with serious litigation now, they must be able to see that EVGA is winding up and there won't be an entity left to sue soon, or EVGA would just declare bankruptcy. If NVidia do sue, it would probably be more of a message to other AIBs not to "FAFO" while working with NVidia. Plus NVidia are all about AI now, this has become almost a side line for them in terms of revenue.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

KimbaWLion
iCX Member
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 12:33:00 (permalink)
Nereus
KimbaWLion
Nereus
KimbaWLion
Ravenmaster
Flybye

Sorry yeah I see you amended it, but I still had the orig post open in another window (had to afk a bit), my bad.
I don't know if NVidia would bother with serious litigation now, they must be able to see that EVGA is winding up and there won't be an entity left to sue soon, or EVGA would just declare bankruptcy. If NVidia do sue, it would probably be more of a message to other AIBs not to "FAFO" while working with NVidia. Plus NVidia are all about AI now, this has become almost a side line for them in terms of revenue.

All good and that WAS my bad I had no intention of doing what I did the first time around...  I mean you joined 1 year before me and you have over 18.6K posts to my 405! It's more than obvious who has more to and HAS contributed! I feel privileged to even have one ribbon! Anyway I would just like to be VERY wrong and see EVGA pull out a miracle out their back pocket. The logical engineer I am says NO way....

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 14:22:36 (permalink)

I would LOVE to see EVGA rise from the ashes, even if it meant going AMD... but CEO Andrew Han has made it pretty clear that he wants to burn EVGA to the ground and retire rather than let someone else take over. Dick move.

ilukeberry
iCX Member
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/10 15:52:23 (permalink)

Intel i9 13900KS | EVGA Z790 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 4x16GB 6600MHz | NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti FE | Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 AIO | Seasonic PRIME TX-850 | PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv X
zerocool101
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 473
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 07:24:50 (permalink)
Nereus

I would LOVE to see EVGA rise from the ashes, even if it meant going AMD... but CEO Andrew Han has made it pretty clear that he wants to burn EVGA to the ground and retire rather than let someone else take over. Dick move.

Just let K|NGP|N take it over....DONE 

13900KS on Z690 Dark KP
FE 4090
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21176
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 07:54:56 (permalink)
zerocool101
Nereus

Nah.  Another person with empty promises and an ever-changing vision?  No.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

oldfresh
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 11:01:41 (permalink)
EVGA leaves NVDA at the lows, corpos probably thinking they could skate off into the sunset with some surplus cash. NVDA now dominating, continuous all time highs, $1 trillion mcap, meeting with leaders of countries, and potential partnership with INTC. Talk about bad timing. EVGA has become a lesson in corporate malfeasance for other companies in the business. EVGA would need to beg on their knees for NVDA to even consider them relevant at this point.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21176
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 12:07:11 (permalink)
oldfresh
EVGA leaves NVDA at the lows, corpos probably thinking they could skate off into the sunset with some surplus cash. NVDA now dominating, continuous all time highs, $1 trillion mcap, meeting with leaders of countries, and potential partnership with INTC. Talk about bad timing. EVGA has become a lesson in corporate malfeasance for other companies in the business. EVGA would need to beg on their knees for NVDA to even consider them relevant at this point.

AIB Partner profit margin is at an all-time low.  EVGA left for that reason, and that reason is still valid.  NVDA profit goes up and up, partly because they cut into the margin of their partners more and more.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

mattman657
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 274
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 13:47:30 (permalink)
zerocool101
Nereus

Assuming EVGA really is done, would be cool to see Kingpin go over to a different vendor to try and bring the same quality he helped deliver at EVGA elsewhere.

EVGA Z390 Dark | Intel i9900k 5.2 GHz | 2 x EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill TridentZ 4,133MHz | Samsung 970 Pro & Evo, 850 Evo

Lian PC-V3000 | EK Res & Dual D5 Pump | 3 x Alphacool UT60 | Noctua & Akasa Fans | Asus PG279Q
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49181
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/11 14:14:25 (permalink)
mattman657
Assuming EVGA really is done, would be cool to see Kingpin go over to a different vendor to try and bring the same quality he helped deliver at EVGA elsewhere.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpQ8lihOD5A/?hl=en

Looks like he may go to msi.
brandonbq
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/12 16:06:45 (permalink)
    From Kingpin Instagram 

Where is bios for Z690/Z790 Dark??

•  
    View replies (4)

will you work for other AIB or you done with motherboards and gpu's?

Ill touch on that in my first yt video, there is a possibility yes.

That is out of my control :(, there wont be any new bios updates for those products afaik, sorry man. 14900 working ok tho, the others cannot detect vga.

• ilukeberry
    iCX Member
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/13 10:34:26 (permalink)
    As @brandsonbq copy&pasted, here is screenshot from Instagram correspondence with answer from man who designed these motherboards:

source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyArxvwK0Oz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So, as some of us already predicted: no more BIOS updates for Z690, Z790. This is the END.

I'll be rocking my i9 13900KS with this EVGA Z390 Classified and when the time is to upgrade I'll get some other brand of motherboard.
    post edited by ilukeberry - 2023/12/13 10:35:37

Flybye
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1170
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/14 15:26:52 (permalink)
    But…but…EVGA said they are looking into it. 🤣

Gaming thing
    i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
    EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
    32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
    Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
    ilukeberry
    iCX Member
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/14 17:20:56 (permalink)
    Actually they confirmed that they are "working" on it

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/14 18:12:17 (permalink)
    ilukeberry
    Actually they confirmed that they are "working" on it

..and 3 & half months later...     By the time they're done, we'll be well into 15th Gen.

KimbaWLion
    iCX Member
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/16 09:20:02 (permalink)
    The good thing? I pretested everything on my new rig, GOTTA love that removable MB Tray in the new O11 Evol XL, and it's working. I have everything pretty much placed in the case just waiting for the rest of the parts to come in. ( reverse  fans have been hard to come by)
    Plus I only tend to build a new machine every 3-4 years or so, so I see MAJOR change when I do... King pin really doesn't have any reason to miss lead anyone about bios updates, unless you
    think he is harboring a bit of hate with his being let go from EVGA...

MrEWhite
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/20 20:48:38 (permalink)
    ilukeberry
    As @brandsonbq copy&pasted, here is screenshot from Instagram correspondence with answer from man who designed these motherboards:

source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyArxvwK0Oz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So, as some of us already predicted: no more BIOS updates for Z690, Z790. This is the END.

I'll be rocking my i9 13900KS with this EVGA Z390 Classified and when the time is to upgrade I'll get some other brand of motherboard.

EVGA lied to us then, great.
    Warboy
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 212
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/21 03:47:35 (permalink)
    unfortunately told you guys the bios team is gone and 1.15 beta was the last one.

My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 GigaFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

DreadNaught503
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/29 20:56:23 (permalink)
    I think we should sign a petition to sue evga for refusing to update the z790 motherboards for 14th gen cpu's. I recently bought a 14700k and a evga z790 classified and no matter what I do I can't get my 14700k to be detected and I can't update to the latest bios.
    KimbaWLion
    iCX Member
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/30 09:47:56 (permalink)
    DreadNaught503
    I think we should sign a petition to sue evga for refusing to update the z790 motherboards for 14th gen cpu's. I recently bought a 14700k and a evga z790 classified and no matter what I do I can't get my 14700k to be detected and I can't update to the latest bios.

I was lucky, Amazon let me return mine! I saw the writing on the wall after reading this forum. EVEN if having issues etc., it has been way too long for any update! I just wish everyone well. I still have a Z690 Classified I bought when they were blowing them out.
    IT would be nice to fully utilize it... 
    I wish everyone good luck, SINCERELY, that one day soon EVGA does release a new bios and ME microcode updates!

B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2369
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/30 10:57:04 (permalink)
    DreadNaught503

You want to spend thousands of dollars and a ton of people's time suing because you're out a few hundred dollars? Good luck with that. It has been clear to everyone in any corner of the tech world (if you just spent the time to look) that they're a company on their way down and there's been no product updates for this. It's a board that never had 14th Gen compatibility. It sucks they're not following through with promises made in the forums, but it's not like it was a secret that the boards don't support 14th Gen.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    DreadNaught503
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re: Support for 14th Intel CPUs 2023/12/30 11:09:10 (permalink)
    I'm pretty sure under certain regulations you have to support your product for multiple years before you stop supporting it. That's how it works for Apple and Samsung cellphones. You can't just release a product and not support it regularly with software updates. So that's a lawsuit waiting to happen and it's gunna impact evga heavily.
    Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile