EVGA

Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
Author
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/30 12:47:29 (permalink)
So I called Paypal & they said do not ship & it will be on hold & probably get cancelled.  Went ahead & relisted the item after checking with EBay to make sure that's okay to do.  Bit of a pain in the butt, but oh well, no big deal.

I'll be glad once I get the thing that arrived damaged back in & sell that as well, sooner I'm done with all this receiving & shipping crap the better - I hate it when people ask to get a computer built then the parts get ordered & they change their mind on what they actually want... luckily they paid up front so all it was was me receiving more funds to purchase better parts... now I just have to wait for Newegg Shuffle to give me the CPU they want now :-P or get lucky while F5ing. lol

Nice that my CPU loads are slightly lower than before.  Not enough to make a higher OC possible I don't think, but it is still neat.

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/30 13:54:34 (permalink)
The lower temp may be due to you now having two big radiators instead of just the one 480 even though the kingpin is now in the loop. Your gpu is not constantly sucking down 500+W like you’re prepared for but your rads are still dissipating 300w+ a piece. Sadly I haven’t gotten anything out of the shuffle since February I’m about to stop entering. I read an article the odds are somewhere around 1/100,000 or so. Feel lucky I was able to help a friend get a 5600x and 3070 (at $600 + a psu) and my 5900x (still a touch salty about not getting a 5950x) the number of L emails I have to go along with that is disheartening
post edited by alpharius194 - 2021/04/30 13:57:47
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/30 14:49:25 (permalink)
alpharius194
The lower temp may be due to you now having two big radiators instead of just the one 480 even though the kingpin is now in the loop. Your gpu is not constantly sucking down 500+W like you’re prepared for but your rads are still dissipating 300w+ a piece. Sadly I haven’t gotten anything out of the shuffle since February I’m about to stop entering. I read an article the odds are somewhere around 1/100,000 or so. Feel lucky I was able to help a friend get a 5600x and 3070 (at $600 + a psu) and my 5900x (still a touch salty about not getting a 5950x) the number of L emails I have to go along with that is disheartening

Well I think part of it is just sheer heat dissipation with the extra radiator. According to EK the 480x60 radiator is capable of dealing with up to 900W of heat by itself, which is why I had an internal debate about sticking with one rad. Even though the tubing is far from "clean" I think the way I ended up is better. Having longer tubes with a wee bit of slack in them allows for being able to work on and move components without too much of an issue. I'm fairly certain I could actually vertically mount my GPU if I wanted to, if the outlet 45 fitting I have on there would fit inside the glass.

Had I known in advance the KP HC block didn't allow a fitting like the ones I have on the top right side of the outlet/inlet part, I would've bought another 90 degree fitting for the card's outlet port. But I just took the 45 off one side of the 480 rad (since that tube could be run straight anyway) & used that on the card instead.

Lessons learned for next time 🤣

Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/30 15:05:47 (permalink)
Jesus 900w on the one radiator is ridiculous. The biggest I can fit in my case is 360x45 if I don’t want the fans right up against the pump or 30 for pushxpull
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/30 18:03:37 (permalink)
alpharius194
Jesus 900w on the one radiator is ridiculous. The biggest I can fit in my case is 360x45 if I don’t want the fans right up against the pump or 30 for pushxpull

Yeah when I first saw the 480x60 radiator I was like "even with how big my case is I wonder if I'll have issues fitting it", but with all the room I had up front it isn't a problem, even with the fans mounted on the inside of the bracket instead of the "outside" like they're supposed to be if you listen to the case's guide:

Thicc.

You can actually see the gaps I was talking about with the X3M fans in the picture lol

And the P360 radiator that was included with the kit is a 38mm thick one, so even it's bigger than the AIO radiator that used to be on the Kingpin.  I do wonder how good my mount is on the block with my hotspot temp being what it is, but I'm going to wait for other people to post their results before I pass judgement on my mount being good or bad.

I also have the pump/res just randomly mounted to a bracket that would otherwise be in the front of the case, then screwed through a mounting slider intended for the same style of bracket to mount a radiator there... which again, Thermaltake with their lack of brain power was like "yeah you can totally put a radiator there" and blow air where? lol:

Does it look cool? Yeah. Does having a radiator like that actually do any good?  Probably not... I like how that picture doesn't have any of the dust filters on the case either. :-D

I almost put the thicker radiator up top like they have in that picture, but I thought about how much of a clearance issue it would have with fans on both sides (and how heavy it would be to hold it while getting it mounted) and decided to just leave it up front... Still kinda surprised with only having two brackets holding it at the top & the bottom it's as rigid as it is.

Edit: XD you can see that the chipset fan is like "Nah I'm good" in the pic of my system, LUL

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/01 07:12:02 (permalink)
Dabadger84
alpharius194

Yeah when I first saw the 480x60 radiator I was like "even with how big my case is I wonder if I'll have issues fitting it", but with all the room I had up front it isn't a problem, even with the fans mounted on the inside of the bracket instead of the "outside" like they're supposed to be if you listen to the case's guide:

Thicc.

You can actually see the gaps I was talking about with the X3M fans in the picture lol

And the P360 radiator that was included with the kit is a 38mm thick one, so even it's bigger than the AIO radiator that used to be on the Kingpin.  I do wonder how good my mount is on the block with my hotspot temp being what it is, but I'm going to wait for other people to post their results before I pass judgement on my mount being good or bad.

I also have the pump/res just randomly mounted to a bracket that would otherwise be in the front of the case, then screwed through a mounting slider intended for the same style of bracket to mount a radiator there... which again, Thermaltake with their lack of brain power was like "yeah you can totally put a radiator there" and blow air where? lol:

Does it look cool? Yeah. Does having a radiator like that actually do any good?  Probably not... I like how that picture doesn't have any of the dust filters on the case either. :-D

I almost put the thicker radiator up top like they have in that picture, but I thought about how much of a clearance issue it would have with fans on both sides (and how heavy it would be to hold it while getting it mounted) and decided to just leave it up front... Still kinda surprised with only having two brackets holding it at the top & the bottom it's as rigid as it is.

Edit: XD you can see that the chipset fan is like "Nah I'm good" in the pic of my system, LUL

That PCI-E riser in the picture is terrifying. "Why yes I would like my 3090 suspended by a screw, liquid filled acrylic tubing and a daily prayer to the machine god" That is a prime candidate for a bracket.
BTW Clovis if you see this someone on the Performance-PCS discord is doing a 5950x on a chiller/direct die and is planning sub-zero.
Slightly off topic, does anyone else have the VGA light stay on their motherboard when they use classified? My gpu functions perfectly fine and it's done it since before I moved so I do not think they're related. I only bothered to look up if it was an error today because it is really damn bright.
post edited by alpharius194 - 2021/05/01 07:19:13
Clovis559
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 563
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/01 07:48:51 (permalink)
alpharius194
Dabadger84
alpharius194

Thicc.

That PCI-E riser in the picture is terrifying. "Why yes I would like my 3090 suspended by a screw, liquid filled acrylic tubing and a daily prayer to the machine god" That is a prime candidate for a bracket.
BTW Clovis if you see this someone on the Performance-PCS discord is doing a 5950x on a chiller/direct die and is planning sub-zero.
Slightly off topic, does anyone else have the VGA light stay on their motherboard when they use classified? My gpu functions perfectly fine and it's done it since before I moved so I do not think they're related. I only bothered to look up if it was an error today because it is really damn bright.

How do you get on their discord? o.O Found it thank you. You can always PM me this stuff anytime! I found someone on Reddit with a Chiller last night :)
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/01 11:55:11 (permalink)
Ya I’m not good with this forum and use it mostly on my phone. Still can’t pinpoint what my old issue was, cpu is running better than before now 🤷‍♂️ Got really close to getting all 12 cores over 5.0ghz on pbo while gaming and with some core offsets. (Granted old borderlands and valorant aren’t exactly taxing) 5.075 on 5 cores, 5.05 on one and 4.95/4.975 on the rest. I have it at +125pbo and 47.25 @1.38v The vga light seems to just be a bios error asus is known for across boards for some reason
post edited by alpharius194 - 2021/05/01 11:57:24
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/01 16:40:01 (permalink)
I can’t believe the newegg shuffle is now at the point where the gigabyte 3090 is $740 more than the original kingpin msrp before you get to the combo item.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/01 17:10:23 (permalink)
alpharius194

I used the vertical mount in the case once, it's a lot more sturdy than it looks... it actually comes with a bracket, but the bracket doesn't fit the riser cable I had so I just put the card in via the two mounting holes.  It was pretty rigid considering it was only mounted to the case by the output-ports bracket.

My VGA light stays on half the time, sometimes monitor won't display until I get in to Windows (I'm pretty sure that's the monitor, not the GPU or the system, cuz it happened with the Z390 too, so it's either the GPU or Monitor or the two not getting along well).  Like right now the white LED is on because it didn't display video until I got in to Windows.  Really annoying and I haven't found a solution.

I'm also having an issue where 90% of the time on first boot up (after the system has been off a while) Windows takes forever to load, sits on a spinning load dot thing for a good minute or two before Windows loads, after the RoG screen goes away.  It only happens on first boot & after that reboots/boots are fine, even if I load different BIOS settings that make the motherboard power down to apply changes.  Very odd, but since it's only occurring once a day, I haven't bothered looking in to how to fix it.  It also happened when I was taking the Asus M.2 card in and out, so it's probably something to do with Windows being dumb about how many drives I have plugged in or something of that sort.

Just played about an hour or so of Starcraft 2, not the best "gaming" stress test, but had no errors in WHEA detection in HWInfo & no crashes, at 4.65GHz @ 1.275V, RAM & FCLK at stock/3600/1800 - I'm running 1.1v SoC just to keep it happy since I know 4 sticks stresses the IMC more than 2.  So far it hasn't crashed on me once with these settings, either pre or post 4 sticks, and it hasn't failed a stability test yet either... sort of surprised it can run that decent of a speed at that voltage, which dips to as low as 1.24V under heavy load.

Radiators are definitely dealing with a bit of heat, the temperature sensor I have on the 480mm's exhaust air got up to 33C, and the RAM (which the CPU radiator blows over, in addition to the VRM, that hit 31C peak) got in to the 40-41C range on 3 sticks.
From what I can tell in the manual this motherboard only has one t_sensor plug, so I can't do readouts on both radiator's exhaust temps... but based on the RAM & VRM (which the CPU radiator's exhaust blows directly on) not getting too awfully warm, I'd say that rad's exhaust temp is fine.  Kind of surprised the 480mm's exhaust got that warm, but then again, the CPU was peaking in the high 50s, and the GPU was almost hitting 40C, memory junction temp peaked at 52C.
Rads were dealing with about 400W of heat, give or take.  Right now at idle the T_Sensor is showing 27C, so 6C air exhaust increase for ~400W of heat being dissipated, I'll take it :-P Especially since the fans never really ramped up.  CPU radiator fans got to 1200RPM, which is barely above idle, and the GPU radiator fans never ramped up at all lol

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 15:59:51 (permalink)
LTT just did a review of one of the EK pre-built systems with a 5950x/3090 and man their temps are way higher than yours (or anyone using liquid cooling). Can’t ever get screenshots or any photo to post so here’s the video link, they flash the EKWB response statement around 7:50 to his comments on incredibly high temps
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iEbKHtTM3eY
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 17:13:09 (permalink)
alpharius194
LTT just did a review of one of the EK pre-built systems with a 5950x/3090 and man their temps are way higher than yours (or anyone using liquid cooling). Can’t ever get screenshots or any photo to post so here’s the video link, they flash the EKWB response statement around 7:50 to his comments on incredibly high temps

My immediate reaction to the setup after he took it out of the box is not enough fans or airflow, neither radiator has push/pull and with that much heat generation in the system, push/pull is a big difference especially on tiny ass radiators like those.  They look like 30mm thick ones.  That's just not enough rad I don't think... according to EK's information on radiators that's "only" about 700W of heat dissipation for a slimmer 360 plus slimmer 240 - add to that the pump they put in it is garbage and yeah, not surprised the temps are sub-optimal.

It looks sick though.  Way cleaner than mine LOL

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 19:19:35 (permalink)
Dabadger84
alpharius194

My immediate reaction to the setup after he took it out of the box is not enough fans or airflow, neither radiator has push/pull and with that much heat generation in the system, push/pull is a big difference especially on tiny ass radiators like those.  They look like 30mm thick ones.  That's just not enough rad I don't think... according to EK's information on radiators that's "only" about 700W of heat dissipation for a slimmer 360 plus slimmer 240 - add to that the pump they put in it is garbage and yeah, not surprised the temps are sub-optimal.

I agree not enough radiator to push anything beyond stock and for $6000 I’d want all of the bells and whistles not just some. Those lian li cases and distros are very clean I will admit but I’m pretty sure I spent less than $6000 and my case was obnoxiously expensive. After flipping through the singularity website I was hooked.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 20:53:28 (permalink)
Man. I cannot get this thing to boot at 3800/1900 with 4 sticks. I tried memory timings on auto and even that didn't work

edit: by the way by not boot, I mean it goes to F9 instantly. Repeatedly then goes to safe settings after a few tries.
post edited by Dabadger84 - 2021/05/02 21:15:17

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 21:14:24 (permalink)
I legit gave up. Tried turning docp off going to manual, setting to 3800/1900 with primary timings way up at 18-18-18 with 1.55V on the ram and 1.15V on the SoC. Either the memory controller can handle 1900 FCLK with 4 sticks or these sticks don't want to do 3800 with 4 installed for some reason. I took the extra 2 back out. Very tempted to order a 4x8 kit that's 4000MHz with tight timings.

I need to test real game performance or at least PR & TSE/TS with everything set the same except 4 sticks at 3600/1800 vs 2 sticks at 3800/1900 & see which one performs better in actual use scenarios.

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 23:26:44 (permalink)
For my own personal documentation: 
4 sticks with 1900FCLK & RAM speed desynced to 3600MHz boots just fine.  So it's definitely the RAM that doesn't want to run 3800MHz - and that's going as high as 1.6V on the DRAM voltage, with CL16-16-16 and most of the secondaries manually set pretty loose.

Specs:

hashmeir70
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 23:34:29 (permalink)
alpharius194
Dabadger84
alpharius194

I agree not enough radiator to push anything beyond stock and for $6000 I’d want all of the bells and whistles not just some. Those lian li cases and distros are very clean I will admit but I’m pretty sure I spent less than $6000 and my case was obnoxiously expensive. After flipping through the singularity website I was hooked.
[/quoti wasn't aware of their cases and hardware until your comment. God damnit. I'm feeling the same way. I like the 011d live everyone but I don't want the same case now I'm already planning builds.

Why did you do this to my wallet lol
hashmeir70
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/02 23:35:50 (permalink)
hashmeir70
alpharius194
Dabadger84
alpharius194

I wasn't aware of their cases and hardware until your comment. God damnit. I'm feeling the same way. I like the 011d like everyone else but I don't want the same case. Now I'm already planning builds.

Why did you do this to my wallet lol
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 00:23:46 (permalink)
I am... so irritated right now. 

Windows stupid lack of responding to PRINT SCREEN Being pressed just wasted over an hour of my time, screenshots I saved were NOT of what I wanted for each run.  I did 3 runs of Port Royal & 3 runs of Time Spy at both 3800/1900 with 2 sticks & 3600/1800 with 4 sticks to compare peaks & FPS... Unreal.

Done messing with it for the night before I actually break something from how much this crap is pissing me off.

Specs:

lejeunedillon92
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 01:04:11 (permalink)
Looks great!
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 04:50:24 (permalink)
Found someone with almost the exact same setup as me, their motherboard is just the Wi-Fi version, they also have 4 sticks of my RAM, and it looks like they had the same issue.  They're running 1833 FCLK, 3666MHz RAM, couldn't get it to run any higher with 4 sticks installed.  So I guess I'll try that when I get up.  They did say they got the timings tightened further at 3666 though, so that's a positive sign... sadly their review doesn't mention voltage used.

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 07:47:07 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Found someone with almost the exact same setup as me, their motherboard is just the Wi-Fi version, they also have 4 sticks of my RAM, and it looks like they had the same issue.  They're running 1833 FCLK, 3666MHz RAM, couldn't get it to run any higher with 4 sticks installed.  So I guess I'll try that when I get up.  They did say they got the timings tightened further at 3666 though, so that's a positive sign... sadly their review doesn't mention voltage used.

Ya I’m wondering if this is the two separate packages of ram rearing it’s head here. Take it in small steps, I tried quite a few spots with my two sticks before settling at 3800. You could even just try peeling some primary timing out of them. If they could do ~1.5v at cl13 or cl14 across all timings it would probably be a good chunk of performance. Notkyon ram latency calculator has 3600cl13 at 7.222ns and 3800cl14 at 7.368ns

Also I use the snip tool instead of print screen I think it’s shift+windows+s and you just drag the tool across whatever you want
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 10:43:41 (permalink)
EVGA just tweeted your build circa 3080 FTW and AIO-240?

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 12:28:26 (permalink)
Nike_7688
EVGA just tweeted your build circa 3080 FTW and AIO-240?

KekW that was so long ago. I'll have to reply with what it looks like now.

So I'm currently finally stress testing at 4.7GHz. 30 mins in almost & it hasn't errored or failed the test, but boy is it running crispy:

But hey, it hasn't failed yet. Lol

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 12:41:22 (permalink)
alpharius194
Dabadger84

Ya I’m wondering if this is the two separate packages of ram rearing it’s head here. Take it in small steps, I tried quite a few spots with my two sticks before settling at 3800. You could even just try peeling some primary timing out of them. If they could do ~1.5v at cl13 or cl14 across all timings it would probably be a good chunk of performance. Notkyon ram latency calculator has 3600cl13 at 7.222ns and 3800cl14 at 7.368ns

Also I use the snip tool instead of print screen I think it’s shift+windows+s and you just drag the tool across whatever you want

Oh also, 3666/1833 insta F9ed too. And that was with the RAM on looser timings or at 1.55V. It just doesn't want to run anything over 3600/1800. Sad face.

I plan to start tightening timings eventually, but 14-15-15-35 with 1T isn't too bad of a starting point. I'm going to revisit some buildzoid videos to remind myself of which timings you really shouldn't push too low & whatnot. My tRFC being 320 is pretty good from what I understand though.

OH, yeah, I did set tRFC to 600 during trying higher ram speeds, that did not help.

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 12:53:03 (permalink)

Almost to an hour... So looking like a pass... And yes I took the side of the case off, I don't want it hitting 90C & possibly rebooting from over temp protections. Lol

Peak VRM is 36C, peak t_sensor that's on the 480 exhaust is 26C so I'd say the loop is handling the heat about as well as it can. Gpu is bouncing from 28.7-29.2C idle & has been there for about 20 mins now, so the loop definitely reached equilibrium.

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 13:18:56 (permalink)
I'm literally on a campaign now to get them to switch/redo that post with what it looks like now instead of the mess it was in the version they posted :-P lol

The 3080 with that crazy arse fan setup was from... December?  I think maybe even November.  I'm trying to remember when I got the 3080 cuz it wasn't long after that...

Edit:

Suppose I should post some data results of the OC LUL:

This is at 1.325V set, 1.288-1.306V showing under load in HWInfo... meaning I could probably lower my voltage & test again, see if it's still testing stable, but for now I'm not going to mess with it... I don't like my CPU baking at these temps for over an hour anymore than it needs to:

That shows the min/max while under load (hence why the timer on HWinfo is shorter than the test), I gave it about 20mins to reach equilibrium then reset the monitoring & let it track from there.
Honestly kinda feel like I could maybe push higher, but those temps are so close to the edge I'll probably try to go the other way, lower voltage at the same speed.
But 68-87C load range with the TCTL/Tdie at 82-85C isn't too horrible for 4.7GHz compared to what I've seen other people hitting, particularly good for 1.325V set.

I kinda wanna try 1.3V set with Level 5 CPU LLC & see what it does.  This is with LLC @ Level 4 so the droop is around .025V or so under load.

post edited by Dabadger84 - 2021/05/03 13:24:30

Specs:

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 13:25:02 (permalink)
Dabadger84
I'm literally on a campaign now to get them to switch/redo that post with what it looks like now instead of the mess it was in the version they posted :-P lol

The 3080 with that crazy arse fan setup was from... December?  I think maybe even November.  I'm trying to remember when I got the 3080 cuz it wasn't long after that...

Did you see the facebook post? It's even worse over there lol. I posted a picture for you...and clarified to the people that thought you put a 650W PSU in your 3080+9900k build. Honestly, I feel like they were trying to do you a solid, but people are easily confused...and jerks.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 13:47:00 (permalink)
Ya I think 85 is the soft ceiling for thermal throttling from what I’ve seen on amd overclocking with 95 approaching what the cpu considers Tjmax. I think my ccd1 hits about 83C after 8hrs of stress testing and doesn’t seem to experience any issues but I’m 99% my mount could use some better paste application.
Edit: also to make things easier just get R23, the ten minute loop is great for a minor stress test while you do quick changes.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/05/03 14:04:09 (permalink)
I'm running PR & Timespy, not expecting huge gains from +50mhz all core but who knows. Timespy was disappointing. 9pt gain. Lol

Nike_7688
Dabadger84

Did you see the facebook post? It's even worse over there lol. I posted a picture for you...and clarified to the people that thought you put a 650W PSU in your 3080+9900k build. Honestly, I feel like they were trying to do you a solid, but people are easily confused...and jerks.

Why would anyone think I had a 650W PSU? It literally says 1200 P2 on the side of the power supply. XD

Specs:

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile