EVGA

Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 11
Author
Clovis559
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 563
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 12:29:34 (permalink)
Dabadger84
alpharius194
I think I just came the closest I’ve ever been to having a heart attack. After these posts I pulled up hwinfo64 to check my settings and realized my cpu had stopped going over base clock and wouldn’t draw over 0.92v. Fixed it by resetting the whole pc to default settings and starting from scratch... have you come across anything similar I’m trying to figure out why it happened. My only conclusion is the pc got pissed it was without any power for two days during my move but that doesn’t seem right.

I've had some weird behavior in reference to whether or not my GPU wants to actually output video that's been going on since I assembled the system, sometimes I have to literally unplug it (from the computer) & power cycle the monitor to get it to display that Windows logon screen is there.  Other than that & the not posting/training when I'm trying to test memory timings (which I think is normal... maybe? Maybe I'm just not hitting the Retry button enough times?) I haven't had an issues... but then again my system is on every day.  Tomorrow, assuming the Kingpin HydroCopper Block arrives on schedule, will be the first time it's not on for most of the day, and that will be of course because it'll be being operated on.

I haven't noticed my CPU doing anything like that yet.  Other than the FMax option I mentioned before resulting in lower boost clocks etc, I've had no issues with it getting stick or not performing properly.

I plugged in 3800MHz RAM (just voltage bump nothing else changed from DOCP) @ 1.5V, FCLK 1900MHz @ 1.125V and booted with the CPU still at 4.65GHz @ 1.275V LLC Level 4, and got some swanky numbers... pretty sure this is almost the highest R20 I've gotten.  I have no idea if it's stable or not, haven't done any prolonged testing yet:

Tempted to throw Time Spy at it just because I know that will result in a new high score.  Probably will shortly.

Those are some pretty dialed numbers! My 4.85 was only 12700ish. At 4.85 I cannot get the system to boot any higher then 3600 on the ram.
Any update on the sexy waterblock?
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 12:35:57 (permalink)
I legitimately have no idea what happened other than maybe I should’ve disassembled it to move rather than just pack it with bubble wrap. If it happens to anyone else, my solution was to use the bios to place everything back to default, boot into windows and then back to bios again to turn back on PBO, DOCP etc. going to turn my cpu down some from 47.5 down to 47 and 1.35v and leaving SoC at 1.15v while I troubleshoot this. The gpu was acting perfectly fine which is why I didn’t really notice it, I wasn’t using an FPS counter and the kingpin just powers through most cpu bottlenecks. The closest I’ve gotten to an answer was an issue with a 3600 non-x that got stuck at base clock and 1.1v due to a bios glitch but I’m really hoping I didn’t damage the cpu/motherboard moving. Even if I manually set the voltage the clock would stick to 37 and only budge to put cores to sleep.

If 5900x/5950x’s weren’t as hard to get I wouldn’t be sweating bullets... though it’s not like I want to spend $550 again. Hoping I get my block soon so I have an excuse to drain this case and give everything a once over. Badger post some assembly pics when it arrives so the rest of us can be jealous.
post edited by alpharius194 - 2021/04/27 12:41:04
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 12:37:51 (permalink)
Clovis are you still using auto voltage for core and SoC? At 48.5 it may want you to start feeding it manually, but your clock speeds make me want to find a way to hook a chiller to my case
Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 16:01:26 (permalink)
alpharius194
Clovis are you still using auto voltage for core and SoC? At 48.5 it may want you to start feeding it manually, but your clock speeds make me want to find a way to hook a chiller to my case

I’m still Auto. I just don’t want to spend the hours I’m going to have to take the spend again  once my flow is fixed, because I’m going to dial the whole system the best I can. Buying these disconnects have visually shown me how incredible the flow is restricted. I’m ordering everything on Payday because I like to pay cash and not CC. The CC is a trap to me even if it’s a few days, thats how they getcha. I keep my CC for emergencies and 2 days isn’t an emergency.

I’ll be buying 7x 1/2“ qd4 Kiolance Disconnects.
1x MPT 3/4” coupler
Some nicer tubing.
2x 4 port 3/4” manifolds.
Biocide replacement 4x $15
And that’s $360 right there.

Also because my last project day took all night and ended in the wee hours, my CPU block is hooked up backwards atm. 🤦🏽‍♂️ By next week all of this should be fixed.

Plus hoping to get the EVGA waterblock like Dabadger even though Optimus will have a superior design, that could be months out from me clawing and scraping to get one.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 16:19:59 (permalink)
Clovis559

Those are some pretty dialed numbers! My 4.85 was only 12700ish. At 4.85 I cannot get the system to boot any higher then 3600 on the ram.
Any update on the sexy waterblock?

Will be here tomorrow, I'll go hunt the UPS guy in the morning which means I have to get up early to get the system taken apart as much as possible before the block can be installed then go get it around 10AM at their loading point in the nearby town.

alpharius194
I legitimately have no idea what happened other than maybe I should’ve disassembled it to move rather than just pack it with bubble wrap. If it happens to anyone else, my solution was to use the bios to place everything back to default, boot into windows and then back to bios again to turn back on PBO, DOCP etc. going to turn my cpu down some from 47.5 down to 47 and 1.35v and leaving SoC at 1.15v while I troubleshoot this. The gpu was acting perfectly fine which is why I didn’t really notice it, I wasn’t using an FPS counter and the kingpin just powers through most cpu bottlenecks. The closest I’ve gotten to an answer was an issue with a 3600 non-x that got stuck at base clock and 1.1v due to a bios glitch but I’m really hoping I didn’t damage the cpu/motherboard moving. Even if I manually set the voltage the clock would stick to 37 and only budge to put cores to sleep.

If 5900x/5950x’s weren’t as hard to get I wouldn’t be sweating bullets... though it’s not like I want to spend $550 again. Hoping I get my block soon so I have an excuse to drain this case and give everything a once over. Badger post some assembly pics when it arrives so the rest of us can be jealous.

Yikes. Hopefully it's something small and you can get it sorted quickly.  If I ever moved & had to move my PC, I'd probably take all the liquid cooling parts out of it and put them in separate packaging with static proof bags etc, then box the case with the motherboard/blockless CPU etc in it separately, specifically because I'm super paranoid about damage during moving.  Especially with the system having a giant 480mm long 60mm thick radiator that's only mounted to 2 points in the case... I'm sure if it got enough force behind it it could rip those 4 screws holding the brackets in to the case out easily. lol

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

wodell757
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 17:54:57 (permalink)
Dabadger84 hope tomorrow you get your block and post pics and maybe a step by step?   Lol .  I did read the manual and looks like you have to take to back plate off so did you get extra thermal pads or just going to use the ones it comes with.
I did see they recommend very small screw driver 0 and 1 size so I might I have to order a set just in case.  And looking at the P360 kit from Ekwb I will have to wait as its out of stock.  

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 18:16:45 (permalink)
wodell757
Dabadger84 hope tomorrow you get your block and post pics and maybe a step by step?   Lol .  I did read the manual and looks like you have to take to back plate off so did you get extra thermal pads or just going to use the ones it comes with.
I did see they recommend very small screw driver 0 and 1 size so I might I have to order a set just in case.  And looking at the P360 kit from Ekwb I will have to wait as its out of stock.  

Oh wow I kept clicking that link and there was no manual: https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/400-HC-1999-B1.pdf
But there it is, gonna go read it hehe thanks Wodell
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 18:20:32 (permalink)
wodell757

Yeah, it's about 650-700 in parts (on their store) if you purchase everything separately.  If you plan to get a bigger radiator, you can always get the P240 and save a few bucks, but the P360 gives you a quality 360mm radiator that can be a secondary in a loop like mine will be.  I'm glad I got it, it comes with everything you need and some things you don't.  Only down side is the block comes with the Intel mounting bracket on it, and changing it out to the AMD mounting bracket/LEDs is sort of scary, because if you strip one of those screws you are SUPER boned since they go through the entire block to re-create the seal when you're putting it back together.

I have a few teeny tiny screw drivers that have worked well operating on the card in the past, hopefully I don't need anything else cuz that would mean a trip to the hardware store if I can't find one in my collection of tiny screw drivers.

My current plan is to do it right the first time, which means I'll be adding the P360 radiator up top, GPU block, then it will run res/pump to CPU to 360 to GPU to 480 then back to pump... fittings for the 360 will be above the res so I MIGHT do a reverse so that the fluid is going Pump/Res to 360 to GPU to 480 to CPU then back to the res.  That hurts my brain just thinking about it though.

The tubes I have now, I'm pretty sure I can do what's currently the CPU exhaust to 480 intake tube to the GPU exhaust, then I only need a new tube for CPU to 360 then 360 to GPU.  Minimizes the new cutting so I don't waste tubing, and while it won't look "super clean" it will be about as efficient as I can get it, heat dissipation wise, outside of adding a 3rd radiator between the Pump & the CPU to make sure the liquid is always as close to ambient as possible before entering a component.

I'm definitely going to need to cook up the 2nd batch of coolant, but that's not a big deal, I have half a gallon of distilled water left over from making the 1000ml that's in the loop now... half of which is always in the big-gurl rad.  Pretty sure the PE 360 adds about 200-250ml of liquid requirement in the loop, so it'll be interesting to see what 2 tubes + the GPU block adds in terms of required liquid capacity... I kind of want to buy a taller reservoir so there's less start-stop when refilling the loop, but alas, it'll do... I am going to make sure it's more full when I'm done with it for good this time:

Cuz I don't dig the weird look the empty part has. Lol

Definitely keeping it clear, I like how it changes with the lighting, and I don't have to worry about it "dyeing" the tubing over time or anything, even though EK claims their dye kits don't do that - stuff looks like food coloring to me, I'm not chancing it... also picking a color would be hard since I'm stuck with it until I change the fluid for the first time.

Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 18:43:28 (permalink)
Is it possible for you to run the loop in this order, Pump - GPU - Top rad - CPU - Front rad - pump? It's how I ran my old loop and it kept hoses pretty small. So when I moved my brother's pc I definitely took everything out. I fell behind packing everything else and when EVGA only released blocks to you and one other forum member (to our knowledge) I lost the motivation to drain it and disassemble it all. Everything seems to be holding up now so i may mark this one down as a bios issue because I'm on an older bios/AGESA. Waiting for bios 3501 to come off beta for my board before I update again. Ran R23 multi-core at 23900 which is pretty good for 47 on my cpu. The highest I saw at 47.5 was ~24100
Edit: I'd say it's running okay again. 21155 is my second highest timespy and my cpu is tuned down a little
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19961867
post edited by alpharius194 - 2021/04/27 19:42:42
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/27 21:33:54 (permalink)
alpharius194
Is it possible for you to run the loop in this order, Pump - GPU - Top rad - CPU - Front rad - pump? It's how I ran my old loop and it kept hoses pretty small. So when I moved my brother's pc I definitely took everything out. I fell behind packing everything else and when EVGA only released blocks to you and one other forum member (to our knowledge) I lost the motivation to drain it and disassemble it all. Everything seems to be holding up now so i may mark this one down as a bios issue because I'm on an older bios/AGESA. Waiting for bios 3501 to come off beta for my board before I update again. Ran R23 multi-core at 23900 which is pretty good for 47 on my cpu. The highest I saw at 47.5 was ~24100
Edit: I'd say it's running okay again. 21155 is my second highest timespy and my cpu is tuned down a little

The way I want to have the top radiator, short tubes aren't going to be a thing. lol  I want the fittings to be towards the front of the case so if they DO by some weird chance leak after install in to the system itself, it will be leaking on nothing, instead of components.

And I definitely want the GPU's heat to be being dissipated by the 480 if at all possible.

My GPU is acting very odd with Time Spy today, I can't get my graphics score up where it was on my 20279 run again, my CPU score is higher than the that run, but I can't get the GPU to stay in the 2060-2115 effective clock range and spit out a proper score for some reason.  Pretty much gave up on that since the block being installed tomorrow means I have to re-set/relearn my OCing on the GPU because I'll be hitting higher boost bins due to lower temperatures, at the same offsets, so only my undervolt/OC curves are still useable once the block is on.

I haven't run R23 yet I don't think.  But I did test 4.65GHz/1900 FCLK/3800 RAM with my usual burn in stress test for an hour & got no WHEA errors in HWInfo, it passed the test... Once I get to a point where I'm at settings I actually want to run for regular or 24/7 usage, I'll do a lot more stress testing with OCCT and whatnot, both on the RAM & the CPU, to make sure everything is at least as stable as it can be - the last thing I want is to be in the middle of something important & get a blue screen. lol

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 07:27:35 (permalink)
Dabadger84
alpharius194

The way I want to have the top radiator, short tubes aren't going to be a thing. lol  I want the fittings to be towards the front of the case so if they DO by some weird chance leak after install in to the system itself, it will be leaking on nothing, instead of components.

And I definitely want the GPU's heat to be being dissipated by the 480 if at all possible.

My GPU is acting very odd with Time Spy today, I can't get my graphics score up where it was on my 20279 run again, my CPU score is higher than the that run, but I can't get the GPU to stay in the 2060-2115 effective clock range and spit out a proper score for some reason.  Pretty much gave up on that since the block being installed tomorrow means I have to re-set/relearn my OCing on the GPU because I'll be hitting higher boost bins due to lower temperatures, at the same offsets, so only my undervolt/OC curves are still useable once the block is on.

I haven't run R23 yet I don't think.  But I did test 4.65GHz/1900 FCLK/3800 RAM with my usual burn in stress test for an hour & got no WHEA errors in HWInfo, it passed the test... Once I get to a point where I'm at settings I actually want to run for regular or 24/7 usage, I'll do a lot more stress testing with OCCT and whatnot, both on the RAM & the CPU, to make sure everything is at least as stable as it can be - the last thing I want is to be in the middle of something important & get a blue screen. lol

Ya now that I think about it in this situation the gpu probably puts out more heat than the 5950x. I started doing that for the 9900ks because at 5.2ghz she was toasty I wanted the gpu to get cooled first. Now it’s just convenient for the way ekwb sets up their inlet/outlet on amd blocks. But you’re not wrong if it leaks the fittings sit right over my motherboard (site keeps breaking when I try to post pictures)
dskx_16
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 08:27:21 (permalink)
Pretty

~ May you always wear soft silks. ~
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 10:27:04 (permalink)
Well the process has begun:

Got interrupted right when I was about to partially drain the loop & get the Kingpin taken apart with the notification that the packages were at their sorting point so I'm out picking them up now.

Got the loop out, gpu out, fans off all of it because I'm changing the flow direction on the 480 & of course the KP aio isn't going back in the system.

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 10:47:20 (permalink)
Is Newegg the other ram sticks? If you change TIM and pads let us know how it goes, I saw the block has paste preapplied but I’m not sure what I think about the EVGA frostbite paste. Also I’m super jealous
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 11:23:01 (permalink)
I've made the decision to re-assemble the loop in the case, so I don't have to worry about tube lengths or not being able to get it back in. Lol

Eating then I'll be working on the gpu disassembly/block install.

I'm going to use the stock stuff for now, I'll do measurements on the stock pads though. I have 2mm 12w pads ready to go, but I have a feeling the block has 1mm. We'll see in a bit.

The Newegg box is the ram & some stuff for someone else. Middle box is the kp HC block.

Edit: side note, already took the cpu block off as the Pic shows, my paste application was excellent this time. Covered almost the entire ihs and very little spill over. Given how cool it was running at stock (52-55C all core load), I'm not surprised the paste application was good.
post edited by Dabadger84 - 2021/04/28 11:26:00

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 11:43:32 (permalink)
Nothing ever goes according to plan.

Something unrelated to my system arrived damaged so I'm boxing that up to get it sent back asap then I'll get back to work on my stuff.

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 13:15:17 (permalink)
So far so good. Got the card all cleaned up & prepping to slap the block on. Default pads are 2mm or I'm blind. Haven't measured yet but they're way too thick to be 1mm or even 1.5mm. Debating if I want to leave the stock ones or go ahead with the 12w pads. Think I'm gonna do the other pads.

Specs:

alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 13:53:40 (permalink)
If it was me I would try the new pads. Does it seem like they are all the same size? 2mm pads are definitely a bit more expensive at high thermal conductivity like the alphacool and fujipoly so I wouldn't want to buy way more of them than I need. Thanks for the updates. I might try to get a square one too for the MLCC
Armons account
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 14:33:54 (permalink)
Nice build! 

Rig specs #1: Rtx 3070 FE (on air), 5900x, 64gb crucial ballistix 3600mhz CL16 RGB Ram,  addlink 2tb nvme ssd, WD SN750 1tb nvme ssd, bitspower water cooling parts for cpu (tubing, block, rad, distro plate), ASUS B550 XE, corsair RM850x, Lian Li o11 dynamic

Rig specs #2: EVGA GTX 970 SC (on air), 9700k, 32gb crucial ballistix 3200mhz CL16 RGB Ram, Seagate 2TB HDD, OCZ vertex 4 128gb SATA SSD, lian li Galahad 240mm AIO (For CPU), gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, corsair cx650M, Corsair "big boy case" Carbide Series Air 540

Rig specs #3: 2x XFX Radeon HD 7870 ghost (on air in cross fire mode), Some AMD FX 8 core CPU, 32gb Gskill 1600mhz CL9 RAM, Inland 128gb SATA SSD, some old corsair AM3+ 240mm AIO (for CPU), ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, An old Coolermaster 1200watt 80+ Gold rated PSU, Phanteks Eclipse (PH-EC300PTG_BK)

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 14:36:35 (permalink)
They are definitely all the same thickness on the VRAM. Not sure about the power phases, I left that with the stock ones. Hoping I didn't over do it with the putty.

The because of the shape/size of the backplate, you can't do top-port exhaust out of the card from the intended exhaust port. This messes up my tubing scheme & I already cut the tube intended for that. Good thing I had a whole 3M kit of tubing waiting to do this. Ugh. In the process of putting the loop (mostly drained) back in so I can get the tubing right & such.

Specs:

ddog661
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 14:39:06 (permalink)
3090 kingpin sheeeesh

EVGA Associate Code: S7J93UZF57CEOFM
Elite Program Referral Link: https://www.evga.com/member/elite/?referralid=NHS68RYWQ0PFNE7WHFBB

Use the associate code when purchasing an item or use the link when you meet the requirements to become an elite member (if you so desire)
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 16:37:36 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToTWaZtGOj8
makes me want to wait for the optimus block to see if they do the active backplate. EKWB managed to drop back VRAM temps by close to 40C
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 17:22:38 (permalink)

To say that I'm terrified if I messed up the mount on the gpu would be an understatement. It's a bit of a mess, but it's had zero leaks so far and I'm pretty sure I got all the major bubbles out already. Time to let it leak test for about an hour while I work on re-installing all the fans.

Also. The block guide lied to me. It said port closer to the nvlink is inlet. Arrows in the block say otherwise. Oh well. Too late now. I should've double checked lol

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 17:34:02 (permalink)
Dabadger84

To say that I'm terrified if I messed up the mount on the gpu would be an understatement. It's a bit of a mess, but it's had zero leaks so far and I'm pretty sure I got all the major bubbles out already. Time to let it leak test for about an hour while I work on re-installing all the fans.

Also. The block guide lied to me. It said port closer to the nvlink is inlet. Arrows in the block say otherwise. Oh well. Too late now. I should've double checked lol

In the manual it says it can flow either way! :)
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 18:01:55 (permalink)
to say i'm jealous is an understatement. But if the preferred direction of flow is left to right my loop is going to be rather messy and require some serious planning. I wanted to convert from soft tubing to acrylic but that may be rough to pull off.
wodell757
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 18:20:25 (permalink)
Cant wait too see the results.  See you went with 2 radiators.  Are you going to use push pull with the radiators? 

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 18:55:50 (permalink)
Yo. @clovis559 I was today-years old when I discovered this RAM has tiny pull tabs because there's protective film on them. LUL

Just some wiring left then it's first power up time. That ram looks sharp imo with 4 sticks.

Specs:

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 18:59:33 (permalink)
wodell757
Cant wait too see the results.  See you went with 2 radiators.  Are you going to use push pull with the radiators? 

Just saw your question. It's answered in the pic above 🤣 always if I can, and definitely because that 360 is tasked with the 5950x. Maximum air. Lol

360 will be top intake, 480 will be front exhaust. #awkward - since I'll have 2 fans as intake on the bottom, it should work out well airflow wise. Top & bottom blowing on everything, front and back as exhaust.

Specs:

Clovis559
SSC Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 19:36:03 (permalink)
Getting a little jealous over here Dabadger. Can’t wait to see some numbers!
Wait, 28!?! My brains all over the place I spent half the day going from dr to lab to lab! But she says don’t trip its not as bad as I think.

Is today your bday!? I know this was a present to yourself wasn't it? :)
post edited by Clovis559 - 2021/04/28 19:44:12
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Project Rainbow Wind Tunnel LUL - 5950x/Asus X570/Trident Z Royal/3090 Kingpin Build 2021/04/28 20:40:48 (permalink)
Clovis559
Getting a little jealous over here Dabadger. Can’t wait to see some numbers!
Wait, 28!?! My brains all over the place I spent half the day going from dr to lab to lab! But she says don’t trip its not as bad as I think.

Is today your bday!? I know this was a present to yourself wasn't it? :)

28?

THis is from a stock single Port Royal run, I was just seeing if it was going to run super hot indicating a bad mount or not.

I'm very happy with that Memory Junction Temp, and the memory temps overall.  GPU Hot Spot being 52C kinda sucks though, but it's a far cry from the 76C I was seeing on that same readout before with the Hybrid.

I left the stock thermal paste on the block... probably shoulda done the Thermal Grizzly instead, but ah well.

41C load, PWR1 is a bit warmer than I'd care for, but 36C isn't exactly "Hot" for them, based on my "before" AIO Temps which saw that getting in to the mid 40s on PWR1 & low 40s on PWR 3. 

Going to dial in 2160 & see if it'll actually run that speed now on effective clock... right after I remove fan speeds from my Afterburner OSD cuz they're useless now. lol

Specs:

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile