Official Message from EVGA Management

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Author
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 13:46:22 (permalink)
Gamers Nexus states that EVGA's motherboards are "functionally dead in the water". Affirmation of my opinion.

EVGA is going to have to find new partnerships or die.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Spurious_ECG
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 192
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 13:50:15 (permalink)
I hope the CEO reconsiders partnering with AMD and/or Intel as an AIB for their GPUs. There is so much potential in the future.
I still plan on being an EVGA customer as long as their quality and customer service continue to be the best in the tech space.

AJ090
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:07:08 (permalink)
Andrew Han is going to bankrupt this company.  I knew something was wrong when they decided that becoming an "EVGA Elite" member meant all you had to do was spam the forums with 100 comments and you'd get day one access to the queue list.  I said back then that treating your longtime loyal customers who had spent THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on EVGA products over the years as no more important to your company as some rando who spams the forums with 100 comments in two days was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen from a company.  Turns out it was just the tip of the iceberg.

You guys then changed the rules of the GPU queue MULTIPLE times.  If I'm remembering right, one of the rule changes was so despised that you had to reverse course pretty much as soon as you announced it.  I can't even remember what that was about...maybe giving new customers access to the queue FIRST, and pushing EVERYONE who had already bought a 30-series card to the back of the queue no matter what?  Something like that.  You then changed the queue AGAIN and made it so you could only be in the queue for two cards instead of as many different SKUs as we wanted.  Oh yeah...and if you didn't delete the queues you didn't want by a set date, you guys DID IT AUTOMATICALLY...deleting all but the two oldest queues you were in out of the blue.  As if every customer spends every waking hour browsing these forums for policy changes.

The final straw was the warranty change.  I wrote a long comment about the change in warranty terms when it happened.  When you changed them out of the blue with no warning whatsoever, essentially "hid" the change in a section of the forums that NOBODY reads, and like QUADRUPLED THE PRICES of extended warranties while totally eliminating the 10-year option and charging through the nose for just TWO or FOUR year warranty extensions (on top of the factory 3-year warranty).

I can absolutely believe that Jensen and Nvidia are treating AIBs like dog crap.  I can believe that you guys are fed up with it.  But I am also POSITIVE that your CEO is driving this company straight into bankruptcy.  NO COMPANY ON EARTH loses 80% of their revenue overnight and survives.  PERIOD!  This announcement is tantamount to a "going out of business" notice.  There is no freaking way that EVGA survives just selling two different mobos and power supplies and a few peripherals.

On the one hand, it sounds like this is over and done with.  On the other hand, I saw somewhere that EVGA actually has their 40-series cards designed and ready for production, they just aren't going to make them.  I guess that gives me a SLIVER of hope that this could possibly be reversed before the 40-series cards are released.  Although quite frankly, with the things your CEO has done over the last two years, I'm not sure I would buy another EVGA product even if you DID reverse this decision.  And I say that as someone who has been buying nothing but EVGA GPUs and mobos since 2008.  I have a FTW3 3090, an EVGA power supply and an EVGA Nu Audio Pro card in my Thermaltake Tower 900 case right next to me.  I am typing this comment on an EVGA keyboard.  I bought FOUR EVGA 30-series GPUs through the queue system.  Once you lose customers like me, you lose them FOREVER.  I hope Andrew Han understands that.
itraumatik
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:07:26 (permalink)
Now i see why they were reluctant to reimburse customers that just ordered a gpu and didnt even receive it yet then 3 days later they dropped the price 250$.  EVGA and Nvidia knew since April 2022 quote from GN.  I also have been buying only EVGA gpus since 5xx series.  The above made me want to switch to Asus gpus but i will stand with evga and not buy 4xxx , at all and hope others will also. 

Hopefully nvidia sees how many customers they might/will loose from this.  If everybody would band together and say screw the 4xxx series and also let nvidia know Nvidia might get off their high horse and try to remedy this.  These big companies only understand money and how much they will loose to change things.

12900ks sp 93 , Evga 3090ti ftw3 ultra hybrid, 32gb TG 6200 38cl, Asus z690 extreme, Corsair 7000d air, Gigabyte FI32u 32" 4k 144hz monitor.  9.16.2022 RIP evga gpus , nvidia renegotiate with evga, not buying 4xxx cause of You 
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:09:31 (permalink)
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

BiLLbOuS
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:10:20 (permalink)
Well Nvidia is hemorrhaging money, probably going to ride AIB's even harder this round, making money up wherever they can. EVGA as a low overhead company will just adjust, to sell their other stuff like jay said, and hopefully they AMD partner and sell me a 8900xt lol
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:10:51 (permalink)
Very, very sad news. Been a loyal EVGA Customer ever since the 200 series GPU. Guess I will have to move to MSI. Also have been enjoying EVGA motherboards for a while, guess I will move that to MSI as well.
Dang EVGA - what are you guys doing over there? What has happened to one of the best Nvidia GPU suppliers around?
post edited by d.burnette - 2022/09/16 14:15:48

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

Scott_W
  • Total Posts : 54
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:11:25 (permalink)
I have exclusively bought EVGA cards since the 500 series and been really happy with them -- so this is a sad announcement.  Still, I suspect EVGA has "a plan" to move beyond this.  The 3080/3090 products will still have good sales into 2023-2024, so EVGA has a little time to find a new direction.  Hopefully they can renegotiate something palatable with Nvidia or make a deal with AMD.  I'd hate to see them out of the graphics card business, and don't see how they can continue long-term if they leave that market entirely.
Brynjolm
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:14:58 (permalink)
I have been scouring the forums for a good 30mins now to try and see a concrete plan for any of the extended warranties. IMO EVGA should just put up a sticky of official press release for the Extended Warranty and Additional support. IDK, I really feel like a chump atm. I just bought my 3080 2 weeks ago with warranty since i buy every five years. My last card was a 980. I might just sell it and go buy amd for a change.
Flybye
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1169
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:15:25 (permalink)
What a true shame. I’ve been buying EVGA cards for 10+ years. This makes total sense to why certain programs were cancelled. This has been something in the works for a while.

So is EVGA going to be working with AMD?
Anyone have a clue to EVGA’s future business model?

Gaming thing
i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:16:41 (permalink)

I've been wondering for a while if EVGA was winding up their business with the ending of their affiliate / associate programs, ending EVGA Bucks, selling off all their stock at massive discounts like it's a liquidation sale, ModsRigs pretty much being left to die, streaming cut down to once a week, laying off 20% of their staff etc.. EVGA's primary business is selling partnered NVidia GPUs. This looks very much like the final nail in the coffin - is EVGA over? I don't see any announcement of an AMD partnership, so what are they going to sell, Intel GPUs, lol? All these years of building the best reputation in the business - gone?

What about K|ngP|n???

They still have motherboards, PSUs and peripherals, but I believe those are a comparatively small part of their bottom line.

I understand from JayZ's video that apparently NVidia caused this, but damn.. EVGA, what is the future? Don't you think you should have an alternate stream before cutting off your primary revenue stream? Unless you're shuttering the business.

..and my 3090 started black screening over the last few weeks. sigh.

I can't believe this, totally shocked, almost like someone I've known for years just died.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

djwarreng1
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:17:51 (permalink)
Been a long time customer since 2005. This is really sad. I can't even imagine building a new system without an EVGA graphics card.
NVidia must have really tightened their grip on AIBs for this to happen. I hope they can at least partner with AMD. This sucks
zenstrata
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:18:57 (permalink)
I have always loved EVGA's video cards, and will be very sad to see you exit this part of the industry.
EVGA is the best manufacturer I have ever purchased parts from.  The quality of your products is stellar and your customer service has always been exceptionally good. 
If you ever do decide to make more video cards, through perhaps AMD or Intel - I will be happy to purchase them again from you.

Please consider leveraging your position in the market to make a new partnership for video cards through AMD or Intel, it is likely you could negotiate very strongly with them to have a better partnership than you had with Nvidia.
T1E6X1
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:19:14 (permalink)

freEVfoldinGA
  • Total Posts : 83
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:21:12 (permalink)
We need a official answer from EVGA for what's going to happen when those of us with extended warranties on our GPUs end up needing replacement in 8-9 years when EVGA won't have the ability to repair or replace them.

namcost
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:22:42 (permalink)
gsrcrxsi
I would urge against Radeon cards. AMD's software/drivers suffers big time. it'll be more of a headache for EVGA to deal with that. Intel has a better handle on driver stability, but they are just reemerging to the GPU space so there will be some growing pains there too.

but it sounds like EVGA isnt going to make any GPUs for the foreseeable future. With the mismanagement of things during the chip shortage, and then them killing off the Bucks program, the writing was on the wall for something like this to happen. I'd be surprised if they're still in business in a year.

Nothing wrong with AMD drivers. YES their driver team is smaller than Nvidia's 100's of 1000's of employees. But I actually own both an EVGA 3090 and PowerColor 6900xt and guess what, in a 100 game benchmark they go head to head, win some lose some, each. Making them basically "equal". Sure pick one game only you could say "the 3090 beats the 6900xt in battlefield" but then you could turn around and argue "the 6900xt beats the 3090 in call of duty warzone" so the arguments kinda flop. In reality, AMD has reached parity. And actually owning an AMD product, multiple years (6900xt, radeon vii, 390x) and owning multiple Nvidia cards (1080ti, 3090) I have never once had a driver issue on EITHER brand.... not once. so to claim "muh nvidia better" is just shortsightedness.

ty_ger07
Gamers Nexus states that EVGA's motherboards are "functionally dead in the water". Affirmation of my opinion.

EVGA is going to have to find new partnerships or die.

What does Intel motherboards and possible AMD motherboards have anything to do with Nvidia? Makes no sense. However I agree their GPU side did make some decent profit. They are known for quality. I honestly hope they go the AMD route. I would kill for an EVGA graphics cards. I was honestly hoping, thanks to EVGA making x570 boards, that we would end up seeing an EVGA x670e DARK motherboard.... and now with the gpu news, I can imagine getting the EVGA motherboard for AMD AND THEN ALSO an AMD based graphics cards from EVGA. That's win win for me.... I actually prefer my AMD cards for everything (I don't stream, only positive side to nvidia imo)(my other reply to another guy above this one.... where I mention cards I've owned in recent years).

AJ090
Andrew Han is going to bankrupt this company.  I knew something was wrong when they decided that becoming an "EVGA Elite" member meant all you had to do was spam the forums with 100 comments and you'd get day one access to the queue list.  I said back then that treating your longtime loyal customers who had spent THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on EVGA products over the years as no more important to your company as some rando who spams the forums with 100 comments in two days was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen from a company.  Turns out it was just the tip of the iceberg.

You guys then changed the rules of the GPU queue MULTIPLE times.  If I'm remembering right, one of the rule changes was so despised that you had to reverse course pretty much as soon as you announced it.  I can't even remember what that was about...maybe giving new customers access to the queue FIRST, and pushing EVERYONE who had already bought a 30-series card to the back of the queue no matter what?  Something like that.  You then changed the queue AGAIN and made it so you could only be in the queue for two cards instead of as many different SKUs as we wanted.  Oh yeah...and if you didn't delete the queues you didn't want by a set date, you guys DID IT AUTOMATICALLY...deleting all but the two oldest queues you were in out of the blue.  As if every customer spends every waking hour browsing these forums for policy changes.

The final straw was the warranty change.  I wrote a long comment about the change in warranty terms when it happened.  When you changed them out of the blue with no warning whatsoever, essentially "hid" the change in a section of the forums that NOBODY reads, and like QUADRUPLED THE PRICES of extended warranties while totally eliminating the 10-year option and charging through the nose for just TWO or FOUR year warranty extensions (on top of the factory 3-year warranty).

I can absolutely believe that Jensen and Nvidia are treating AIBs like dog crap.  I can believe that you guys are fed up with it.  But I am also POSITIVE that your CEO is driving this company straight into bankruptcy.  NO COMPANY ON EARTH loses 80% of their revenue overnight and survives.  PERIOD!  This announcement is tantamount to a "going out of business" notice.  There is no freaking way that EVGA survives just selling two different mobos and power supplies and a few peripherals.

On the one hand, it sounds like this is over and done with.  On the other hand, I saw somewhere that EVGA actually has their 40-series cards designed and ready for production, they just aren't going to make them.  I guess that gives me a SLIVER of hope that this could possibly be reversed before the 40-series cards are released.  Although quite frankly, with the things your CEO has done over the last two years, I'm not sure I would buy another EVGA product even if you DID reverse this decision.  And I say that as someone who has been buying nothing but EVGA GPUs and mobos since 2008.  I have a FTW3 3090, an EVGA power supply and an EVGA Nu Audio Pro card in my Thermaltake Tower 900 case right next to me.  I am typing this comment on an EVGA keyboard.  I bought FOUR EVGA 30-series GPUs through the queue system.  Once you lose customers like me, you lose them FOREVER.  I hope Andrew Han understands that.

I hate to be that guy, but don't you think a business would have planned things out prior? For all we know, EVGA already secured another brand (AMD or INTEL) for developing graphics cards.  You said it yourself, you can't stop making a product and expect to stay in business. Pretty sure they know that. And I think the "telling tale" is was when EVGA made two X570 motherboards even though the platform was dead (AM5 around the corner). They were getting their feet in the door for future AMD products. That to me makes the most sense.

Honestly, they make an AMD x670e DARK motherboard, and then an AMD 7900xt (or whatever number they go with for this next gen) and I will HAPPILY buy both. EVGA is known for quality. The caps issue early on, wasn't EVGA's fault, It was NVIDIA's. Funny how I have one of the first gen 3090's and my "caps" aren't a problem. It was the Nvidia driver boosting cards higher than what they told AIB's they would be doing. Essentially pushing their own house made cards higher than what AIB's were planning. Eventually the drivers were updated, and the cards run perfectly fine. i know mine does. if the caps were really bad and evga's fault, why is mine still working with no issue? luck? i dont believe in luck.
Georgia Dawg
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:30:59 (permalink)
Hate to hear this! Was holding off to see what EVGA was coming out with for the 40 series. Plus, I prefer buying from a US company that offers great US support incase an issue arises. I've never had to contact EVGA support for anything, but have heard mostly nothing but good things about EVGA support. When it comes to GPUs, not sure who else I could put my trust in that has great customer support. 

Hoping EVGA continues to stick around, and becomes even bigger and better than they are currently. Maybe they have something up their sleeve, regarding GPUS, that they simply can't discuss right now. Maybe there is a plan to become bigger and better, and this is the first step towards that. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck, EVGA! 

rgbfx1
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:36:09 (permalink)
Wow.  Just wow.

I prefer Nvidia GPUs over AMD.

But I prefer EVGA cards over everyone else.

If EVGA starts making cards with AMD GPUs, then that will be the next graphics card I buy.
aldur80
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 280
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:41:33 (permalink)
This news has made me sadder than I expected. I've been buying EVGA since the 600 series days and had planned on buying an EVGA 4090 on launch. Best wishes and I hope EVGA does well as a company with this change.
harleyroadking
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:46:29 (permalink)
Wow, definitely a shock 😲, didn't expect this to happen 😳.

CASE: Corsair 7000D
MB: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED
CPU: I9 12900KS
RAM: 16 Gb ram GSkill Trident DDR5 6000 Mhz
SSD NVMe: Samsung Gen 4 NVMe 500 Gb, NVMe 2 tb
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 TI
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 1600W P+
MOUSE: EVGA X20
KEYBOARD: EVGA Z20

dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 760
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:48:59 (permalink)
At first, couldn't believe this sad news, as second was enraged and furious to a person(s) in EVGA headquarters who let this disaster to happen.
As third, Jacob post was really poor, too short and without explanation why EVGA hit the iceberg and start to sink rapidly.
There is no chance to survive this, and if I work for EVGA, would start to look for a new job.
So long my (from the beginning) trustworthy, and reliably friend, you are going to be missed.
dark4181
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2765
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:50:10 (permalink)
Hey Everybody!
Who knew it would take this to bring me back? It's been years. I don't necessarily think this is a bad idea, but something has to be done to fill the gap in business. EVGA could get into the Bitcoin ASIC/system design, manufacturing, and software game. Not "crypto," just Bitcoin mining on the Bitcoin network using the Bitcoin protocol. Gaming needs a revitalization; Bitcoin could completely upend the micro-transaction game.

I'm sure there are more than a few other Bitcoiners here, EVGA could hire us to formulate this new strategy. ;)

CPU: Intel 5930K w/ Corsair H90
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Pro 3.1
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2+
PSU: EVGA G2 850W
Boot: Samsung 950 Pro 512gb
Games: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Mass storage: Seagate Hybrid 4TB x3
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Steam: darthspastic
Origin (BF3): Dark4181
Heatware: dark4181
LittleEndian
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:55:49 (permalink)
Nobody cares about crypto. Go away.
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:56:24 (permalink)
Pretty shocking news, but EVGA has been going downhill for years.

RIP EVGA. Unless the CEO is lying about going AMD or this is some massive bluff to get a sweetheart deal from AMD to become a partner the company isn't going to stay afloat on power supplies because that's the only thing making them money.

frankd3
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 512
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:56:30 (permalink)
My first EVGA GPU was the 580.
I was so impressed with quality and customer service I never bought anywhere else till now.

I don't understand GN saying motherboards are dead. Why would that be?

The funny thing is that I've been toying with the idea of going AMD after hearing all kinds of stories about Nvidia. I have no respect for the way they treat their partners or their shameful attitude toward their customers.
I promise that if EVGA goes AMD I'll be right there with them. I actually respect them for dumping Nvidia.
Please, Andrew, work a deal with AMD.

I worry about the survival of all the good people that I really like at EVGA because I don't know how they can survive without the GPU business.
It was a shock to hear Jay talk about how little profit they got selling Nvidia cards but the volume helped sustain the business.

Strange, I feel like I lost a friend.
post edited by frankd3 - 2022/09/16 14:57:33

EVGA Z590 FTW, i9-11900K, EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB, GSkill F4-3600C14D-32GTRSA, EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra, EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, Corsair 5000D Airflow, BenQ EX2780Q 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

harley262
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 390
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 14:57:34 (permalink)
LittleEndian
Nobody cares about crypto. Go away.

thats awesome, first post approved!
d.burnette
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5496
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 15:00:19 (permalink)
I have a feeling with all going on in the world today GPU's may become very hard to get, of any kind in the not too distant future. 

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

electrosoft
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 15:02:49 (permalink)
Please stop conflating personal issues/opinions of Andrew Han and EVGA parting ways (for now) with Nvidia because of their known crapping all over AIBs. It is just muddying already murky waters.

If their relationship with Nvidia is proving to be a liability overall, it just makes sense to walk away if Nvidia is unwilling to listen and change. The 3000 dump out and basically asking AIBs to eat their own chow while they bottom out the prices of their Founders cards was the icing on the cake IMHO. JZ2C video he even said selling the 3090ti FTWs at 1399.99 was at a loss for EVGA which gives insight into their costs and idiotic thinking that somehow these cards cost hardly anything to make and profit margins are still gross even at 1400 (let alone now 1100). Cost of production is sunk already. Part ways, finish selling excess stock and move on.

I am sure EVGA didn't come to this decision easy but enough is enough and like a bad marriage you have to eventually pull the plug, sort out the collateral damage and move on.

The warranty / extended warranty issue is definitely valid though as to how even a 3yr warranty will be handled let alone 5 or 10....

Asus Z690 Strix D| 12900k 5.2 P-cores

MSI Suprim X Liquid (2835 boost, 3135 OC)| Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
G.Skill B-die 4133 2x16GB G1

EVGA P2 1600W | Arctic Cool LF II 420mm

Samsung Odessey mLED 43" 4k

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 15:03:16 (permalink)
d.burnette
I have a feeling with all going on in the world today GPU's may become very hard to get, of any kind in the not too distant future. 

Glad I have two EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3's. 
bloot
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Official Message from EVGA Management 2022/09/16 15:05:26 (permalink)
namcost
gsrcrxsi
I would urge against Radeon cards. AMD's software/drivers suffers big time. it'll be more of a headache for EVGA to deal with that. Intel has a better handle on driver stability, but they are just reemerging to the GPU space so there will be some growing pains there too.

but it sounds like EVGA isnt going to make any GPUs for the foreseeable future. With the mismanagement of things during the chip shortage, and then them killing off the Bucks program, the writing was on the wall for something like this to happen. I'd be surprised if they're still in business in a year.

Nothing wrong with AMD drivers. YES their driver team is smaller than Nvidia's 100's of 1000's of employees. But I actually own both an EVGA 3090 and PowerColor 6900xt and guess what, in a 100 game benchmark they go head to head, win some lose some, each. Making them basically "equal". Sure pick one game only you could say "the 3090 beats the 6900xt in battlefield" but then you could turn around and argue "the 6900xt beats the 3090 in call of duty warzone" so the arguments kinda flop. In reality, AMD has reached parity. And actually owning an AMD product, multiple years (6900xt, radeon vii, 390x) and owning multiple Nvidia cards (1080ti, 3090) I have never once had a driver issue on EITHER brand.... not once. so to claim "muh nvidia better" is just shortsightedness.

Yeah AMD gpu drivers are just fine since 6000 series launch, some bugs have appeared in between but that happens everywhere, overall gpu drivers work and performs just fine. It would be interesting to see EVGA changing logo boxes from GeForce to Radeon, XFX had some experience with this before, and they just survived.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile