OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 55
Author
charlesborner
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 03:25:59 (permalink)
sawtheDEVIL
Gotspeed_2000
I had to double check to make sure it's not April 1st though.  

heheh, the question would be are their website updates more trustworthy than their twitter updates? Hope so!

Trust...

Wuzzat?

A father and son are talking.
The father said "Son.  Now is the time to teach you the two rules you must always follow.  Are you ready?"
The son "Yes daddy!"
The father "The first rule is TRUST NOONE.The second rule is TRUST ONLY ME.Now, do you understand?
The son "Yes daddy!"
The father "Do you trust me?"
The son "Yes daddy!"
So the father picks the son up and drops him on his head.
Crying and in pain, the son asks his father "Why did you do that?"
The father "You forgot the first rule."

Thus have I imparted to you a life lesson.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 06:03:39 (permalink)
rzelek506
Hey guys, I just wanted to spread a little hope that some of you might start getting your Optimus Kingpin blocks this week.
I just saw the following listed on the Optimus website, but no idea if this is really accurate or not at this point:

Gotspeed_2000
Thank you for posting.   

Lets see if they are able to hold this shipping date.  

Being Optimus, "this week" could mean Friday.

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 06:04:46 (permalink)
mech9t5
rzelek506
Hey guys, I just wanted to spread a little hope that some of you might start getting your Optimus Kingpin blocks this week.
I just saw the following listed on the Optimus website, but no idea if this is really accurate or not at this point:

Gotspeed_2000
Thank you for posting.   

Being Optimus “this week” could mean 2025
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18140
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 06:08:14 (permalink)
ShawnB420
mech9t5

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 06:16:16 (permalink)
ShawnB420
mech9t5
rzelek506

Gotspeed_2000
Thank you for posting.   

Notice that I did not specify which Friday....

Graykitten
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 07:50:52 (permalink)
So I pre-ordered mine (without having a card in hand BTW, I am still number 60-ish on both the KPE and KPHC queues :( ), but haven't gotten anything from them about customizing or placing the order yet. I have all the watercooling parts sitting in my closet gathering dust. Quite sad over here. 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 08:01:43 (permalink)
Graykitten
So I pre-ordered mine (without having a card in hand BTW, I am still number 60-ish on both the KPE and KPHC queues :( ), but haven't gotten anything from them about customizing or placing the order yet. I have all the watercooling parts sitting in my closet gathering dust. Quite sad over here. 

I'm sitting on the KPHC queue as well, but I'm not sure EVGA are even going to produce many more 3090 KingPin cards... they are always limited edition. The last notification for the KPHC was over 3 months ago, KP hybrid not quite as bad, but still only a trickle.

Graykitten
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 08:11:25 (permalink)
Nereus
Graykitten

I'm sitting on the KPHC queue as well, but I'm not sure EVGA are even going to produce many more 3090 KingPin cards... they are always limited edition. The last notification for the KPHC was over 3 months ago, KP hybrid not quite as bad, but still only a trickle.

Oh, I know. I had been checking nearly daily to see updates, but my will is nearly broken now. I would think they would have closed the queue like they did the first time, and was hopeful that since they closed the queues again they would ramp up production again for those already waiting, especially for these limited edition cards. I think the majority of sadness stems from having about $1200 worth of watercooling stuff sitting around because I can't bring myself to build the beast of a loop for just the CPU for now. Two Nemesis GTR 360 rads, the Ultitube with D5 Next and leakshield (that was like 500 alone from Germany), all that tubing and the fittings.... just sitting there not being used.

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 10:07:03 (permalink)
I'm thinking Saturday.  They have been working on the weekends lately.  The post with the back side plate was posted two Saturdays ago, the change to the website showed up yesterday.  I'm thinking if they are able to do what they say and ship out the blocks, it will be Saturday when they are boxed up and ready for pick up by the delivery companies on Monday.  Trying not to get too excited yet.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Graykitten
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 10:23:47 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
I'm thinking Saturday.  They have been working on the weekends lately.  The post with the back side plate was posted two Saturdays ago, the change to the website showed up yesterday.  I'm thinking if they are able to do what they say and ship out the blocks, it will be Saturday when they are boxed up and ready for pick up by the delivery companies on Monday.  Trying not to get too excited yet.  

I put the order in July 29th, when they first started the pre-ordering. I have heard that some people got an email from Optimus already to choose their options on colors and finish. I just had not received that yet and was curious.

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 10:35:02 (permalink)
Graykitten
Gotspeed_2000

I put the order in July 29th, when they first started the pre-ordering. I have heard that some people got an email from Optimus already to choose their options on colors and finish. I just had not received that yet and was curious.

I received the Optimus e-mail on September 24th.  It basically gave options on the block finishes and cold plate finishes and asked us to reply to the e-mail (contact@optimuspc.com) with our choices:

Block Finish (choose one):
1. Cerakote Matte White
2. Cerakote Matte Black
3. Cerakote Satin Nickel

Cold Plate Finish (choose one):
1. Raw Copper
2. Pro-XE Nickel

You could still contact them to give your selection, if it is not too late (it may also yet delay the shipping of your pre-order).

Graykitten
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 10:40:14 (permalink)
mech9t5
Graykitten
Gotspeed_2000

I received the Optimus e-mail on September 24th.  It basically gave options on the block finishes and cold plate finishes and asked us to reply to the e-mail (contact@optimuspc.com) with our choices:

1. Cerakote Matte White
2. Cerakote Matte Black
3. Cerakote Satin Nickel

1. Raw Copper
2. Pro-XE Nickel

You could still contact them to give your selection, if it is not too late (it may also yet delay the shipping of your pre-order).

The pre-order we were told just to pick the nickel options and they would email us later, but I never got anything :( 

This whole process has just been a bad time for me all around. Hoping to be able to buy a KP card this year, but realistically they will probably start working the 40 series before then.

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/15 10:44:15 (permalink)
Graykitten
mech9t5
Graykitten
Gotspeed_2000

1. Cerakote Matte White
2. Cerakote Matte Black
3. Cerakote Satin Nickel

1. Raw Copper
2. Pro-XE Nickel

The pre-order we were told just to pick the nickel options and they would email us later, but I never got anything :( 

This whole process has just been a bad time for me all around. Hoping to be able to buy a KP card this year, but realistically they will probably start working the 40 series before then.

I would recommend you email them with your order number in addition to the info you and Mech9t5 provided along with the selections you would like.  This might help get your quicker so that you reduce any further delays.  There was also someone here who posted here earlier that they didn't get the email about the selection of the options.  A few users shared the same info and hopefully they were able to get their issue resolved.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 09:37:39 (permalink)
rzelek506

This week, but they didn't say what year.  

46th week of 2022? 2023?
MackWage
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 09:45:38 (permalink)
This is great news! Adjusting for the Optimus timezone, I will get my wonderful new KPE block in time to install it on my KPE 3090 to boost its resale value to help with my KPE 4090 purchase 
Clovis559
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 563
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 09:49:34 (permalink)
Graykitten
Nereus
Graykitten

Oh, I know. I had been checking nearly daily to see updates, but my will is nearly broken now. I would think they would have closed the queue like they did the first time, and was hopeful that since they closed the queues again they would ramp up production again for those already waiting, especially for these limited edition cards. I think the majority of sadness stems from having about $1200 worth of watercooling stuff sitting around because I can't bring myself to build the beast of a loop for just the CPU for now. Two Nemesis GTR 360 rads, the Ultitube with D5 Next and leakshield (that was like 500 alone from Germany), all that tubing and the fittings.... just sitting there not being used.

I finally broke down and cancelled this week. For a block that was going to be first then the Strix, the Strix came first. For something they said to debut first in Cerakote on the Kingpin:
https://twitter.com/Optimus_WC/status/1438894443487105027
the other blocks are already arriving to users in Cerakote. Almost a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/qh1da7/its_here_optimus_absolute_ftw3_gpu_block_in_matte/
From Pads and acrylic, which I wonder what is so unique from the pads and acrylic on the other blocks, to it's all here...

For something that was going to ship by the September 10th, became the 17 the 24th, became October, it's now mid November, and we're just hoping at the end of this week we can get a heartbeat after 2 weeks on their twitter account. And even if they say next week, are you holding your breathe?

I don't doubt it will come, it's not like the company is going to disappear on a $600 preorder, but "when" has become too long. The Kingpin Optimus Block has always been the lowest item on their priority.
Apollo1321
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 12:12:21 (permalink)
Crazy, that reddit post you linked, they ordered Oct 8th, and got on Oct 27th. I've really been thinking of canceling as well but knowing my luck as soon as I do they start shipping.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 13:37:34 (permalink)
The hard part is that besides the EVGA HC Block, for the KP we really don't have any other choices.  I almost thought about selling my KP and trying to get a Strix card but the customer service from EVGA is so good that I really don't want to do that.  I'm staying in, but I'm not really happy about the missing deadlines and lack of clarity.  If they didn't post the earlier ship dates or kept us more informed after that had problems it would have gone a long way.  Their products are great, but who ever there who is in charge of releasing info really needs to rethink how and when they release info especially after missing the earlier ship date which I don't think should have been released until they were absolutely sure they were ready to go.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 13:57:51 (permalink)
Well it's day two for "KINGPIN GPU BLOCK: Preorders starts shipping this week" and counting...do we hear crickets?

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2383
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 15:15:16 (permalink)
I ordered KPX from Taiwan and the rear pad from Optimus the same day and I got the KPX 2 weeks ago, still waiting on Optimus...lol
post edited by kraade - 2021/11/16 15:29:37
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 15:41:06 (permalink)
I don't even look anymore.  I just wait here and check my emails.  I was following my emails very closely cause I was coming up for a step up.  Had to ask EVGA for help today with that one which I was fortunate they did.  EVGA really does have some great customer service people and managers.  I really appreciated the help they provided by allowing me to share what happened and then look into to see what they could do to help me.  I know that Optimus is a lot smaller company, but that level of customer support and clarity would go a long way.  Even if EVGA had denied my request for consideration, I would have respected their decision based on the clarity of the information they provided and willingness to look into the issue.  They were very honest about the situation and were very clear that my situation needed review and could not be assured it would go in my favor.  The clarity and honesty was got me, not very common out there anymore.  +1 to EVGA customer service and this is part of the reason why I'm still waiting on the Optimus block cause I want to stay with EVGA.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 22:22:36 (permalink)
No news on this front, but I figured I'd share some good news...I think.  I won the New Egg shuffle today.  Got a late notify that I was able to purchase the new Intel 12900K without having to buy anything else.  Wasn't really looking to change out and go team blue, but the draw of DDR5 and the newest platform at retail without having to buy anything else got me going.  Made the purchase and now I am considering mobos.  I really like the new Z690 Hero board, great performance and VRMs without killing my wallet.  I really wasn't thinking of doing another upgrade, but because I got it at retail kinda making me think about it.  Putting that 12900K with the Kingpin sounds like a pretty good combo if I can find the right mobo and RAM.  

Now I'm really not in a rush for my block since I got a ton of planning and research to do with parts and then possibly an almost whole new build again for my pc.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 22:35:45 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
No news on this front, but I figured I'd share some good news...I think.  I won the New Egg shuffle today.  Got a late notify that I was able to purchase the new Intel 12900K without having to buy anything else.  Wasn't really looking to change out and go team blue, but the draw of DDR5 and the newest platform at retail without having to buy anything else got me going.  Made the purchase and now I am considering mobos.  I really like the new Z690 Hero board, great performance and VRMs without killing my wallet.  I really wasn't thinking of doing another upgrade, but because I got it at retail kinda making me think about it.  Putting that 12900K with the Kingpin sounds like a pretty good combo if I can find the right mobo and RAM.  

Now I'm really not in a rush for my block since I got a ton of planning and research to do with parts and then possibly an almost whole new build again for my pc.  

If you can wait (which you may have to anyway due to the scarcity of DDR5 ram), EVGA have a nice Z690 Kingpin motherboard coming out at the end of the year. It would be nice to match that with a 3090 KingPin card. Gratz on the shuffle too.

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/16 23:56:53 (permalink)
Nereus
Gotspeed_2000

If you can wait (which you may have to anyway due to the scarcity of DDR5 ram), EVGA have a nice Z690 Kingpin motherboard coming out at the end of the year. It would be nice to match that with a 3090 KingPin card. Gratz on the shuffle too.

Thanks for the info on the Z690 board from EVGA.  I'm not in a big rush to change out to team blue.  I was kinda looking at the ROG Extreme Glacial too since I have an open loop.  I can't believe I won twice in a month.  I got a 3060TI FTW3 Ultra a couple of weeks ago.  Now I got this, but I'm not sure exactly what I going to do yet.  I got the 5950 in my current build so I'm really in no rush.  I'm hoping for the shipment of our blocks this week.  Maybe my good fortune will bring us all a little closer to getting our blocks.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Apollo1321
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 06:07:44 (permalink)
That extreme glacial is nice looking but an extra $900 on top of the base extreme price of $1100 is insane.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 06:34:28 (permalink)
I’ll never understand peoples taste. That glacier is the ugliest piece of unicorn puke I’ve ever seen.
$900 for a block that crappier then any other CPU block but yay it cools the overkill VRM’s that doesn’t need the heatsink it comes with let alone a block.
But it’s made for the Reddit crowd who don’t know any better and only do it for the looks. No better then those that buy a pre-built and think they know anything about computers.
So glad for the Dark series and it’s ani-RGB theme.
Same for Optimus and it’s anti-RGB stance
post edited by ShawnB420 - 2021/11/18 06:37:48
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 20:58:58 (permalink)
I really like the Hero board, but with the water block that i need I'd like to get a block that is designed for LGA1700 and not adapted to it.  I don't really think I would buy the glacial so really the choice is down to the Strix E or the Hero board for me.  Until the Z690 dark comes out I'll wait on that to see if that interest me along with cost.  Not really keen on spending another 600 bucks for a Hero mobo and then another 400 or more for ram just to change out from the 5950 to the 12900K.  Just really thinking of my options since I can always hold onto the CPU till a bit later when mobo and ram prices come down a bit. The glacial was just a very short impulse consideration.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 21:34:42 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
I really like the Hero board, but with the water block that i need I'd like to get a block that is designed for LGA1700 and not adapted to it.  I don't really think I would buy the glacial so really the choice is down to the Strix E or the Hero board for me.  Until the Z690 dark comes out I'll wait on that to see if that interest me along with cost.  Not really keen on spending another 600 bucks for a Hero mobo and then another 400 or more for ram just to change out from the 5950 to the 12900K.  Just really thinking of my options since I can always hold onto the CPU till a bit later when mobo and ram prices come down a bit. The glacial was just a very short impulse consideration.  

The Optimus block works fine for the 12900k no adapter needed. I’ll be using that on the Extreme
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 21:52:03 (permalink)
ShawnB420
Gotspeed_2000

The Optimus block works fine for the 12900k no adapter needed. I’ll be using that on the Extreme

I contacted Optimus about my Signature V2 block (Intel) - they confirmed it was fine with LGA1700, no new brackets needed or anything else, it's good to go. Gotspeed_2000 might have the AMD block though...

post edited by Nereus - 2021/11/18 21:53:19

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/11/18 23:24:48 (permalink)
Nereus
ShawnB420
Gotspeed_2000

I contacted Optimus about my Signature V2 block (Intel) - they confirmed it was fine with LGA1700, no new brackets needed or anything else, it's good to go. Gotspeed_2000 might have the AMD block though...

I do have the amd block, but the intel one from Optimus would be needed if I go through with the change over.  I like Optimus products, but the wait times for the KP block is bit harder to deal with the closer we get to actually getting the blocks in.  Getting this 12900K was fate messing with me.  Lucky to win the New Egg Shuffle, but then do I really want to go through another re-build.  Changing over to the 12900K is going to cost me a lot of money.  I am taking my time thinking about this one.  

Thanks for the info about the Optimus block working with LGA 1700.  That really helps me knowing that someone has already contacted them or knowing that it has been used already. 
post edited by Gotspeed_2000 - 2021/11/18 23:26:30

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile