EVGA

Helpful ReplyNotice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Author
Paddy32
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 01:21:42 (permalink)
Damn this really sucks

MB : MSI X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI CPU : Amd Ryzen 9 5900X CPU Cooler : Noctua NH-D15
GPU : EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 (Undervolt : 1905MHz 875mV)
PSU : Seasonic Focus 850W Platinum RAM : 16Gox2 3200Mhz
Pictures of my build
ColeGM
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 02:17:00 (permalink)
I can't find a card at close to MSRP and people are stealing? If only... 
GreyWolf-X
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 04:45:51 (permalink)
nomoss
hitmano02

So you think a buyer is so dumb they go to pd to surrender their gpu which they paid for ?    As for the refund.    I'm pretty sure if you try to ask for refund without returning the stuff or the seller is just a random guy in a parking lot.   They will tell you to go pound sand.   How do you sue someone without knowing their real name or where they live lol?   And you really think buyers willing to go  through all this trouble for a gpu that they don't get to keep ?   And what the buyer is trying to achieve?  get a cookie from EVGA?     I don't know about you but any private face to face transaction will be in cash or something you can't chargeback on.   If you tell me you want to pay with cc i will tell you F off too.   

Police will likely keep the gpu for himself or gift it to family as well .   Not all cops are your friends .

Lot of replies here are so unrealistic .   We don't live in a perfect world .  

In this case . evga , thief win.  gamer lost.    

If the buyer chooses to keep stolen property then they are breaking the law.  Still, they may choose to take that risk but will not be getting the warranty that would come with a legally obtained product.  Their choice, their consequences.

Fact is, buying from unauthorized dealers or some guy out of the back of a truck is risky behavior.  Would love for someone to explain to me why it is not.
Even so, you have steps that you can take to try to recover your money.  Not following those steps ensures that, yes, the thief likely wins.  But the idea that EVGA "wins" by losing a shipment of stock that they *may* get reimbursed at the cost of the items is ridiculous.

Let's put this into some perspective, as while I agree with ‘their choice, their consequences’, I think some further insight into particularly “why” the sudden surge of hate for EVGA is overdue and may help direct where contraries are stemming from.

First of all, assuming your product has the SN with it and the outside packaging is in good condition without variable, see staypuft's suggestion on Page 2 of this thread for verifying your product.

We'll go through why this is both a good and bad idea to "register" the SN however.

Few are going to prioritize warranty in this market. Buyers are currently taking anything they can get.

Unless something has changed, even EVGA's B-Stock lineup of cards has No secondhand warranty (Non-Transferable via RMA Policy), so they'll sell practically as similarly as regular cards including no warranty initially, so either buyers won't care, or won't know.

However, EVGA's practice is only showing hostility to its own customers as clearly no buyer protections seem to exist here.

> A S/N puts EVGA at risk if a list was published.

I’m not sure where this argument comes from.
This requires the invoice to register the card, the serial alone will not be enough.
Many companies put S/N’s on the outside of the box, its not intentional to be classified information, anyone buying hardware off ebay, amazon, etc. will realize the seller already has that information.

Cards will now be sent to eBay and local reputable sellers perhaps who will likewise have no way of knowing they are stolen till the customer buys and registers them.

While a list would not “solve” all the issues, it would help mitigate damage.

> What company would honor stolen goods?

None, but well-established companies often have buyer protections.
Selling stolen goods is also a crime (we call that fraud).

If you buy stolen property unknowingly, and without verifiable ulterior motive, you are the victim of a crime, not the cause or origin of the crime as many are misleadingly applying. What company, with as good of rapport as EVGAs, would hold victims in farther accountability for their own mistake of failing to secure a shipment and create a potential loss-loss situation for its customers?

The selling platform should arguably be the ones to verify their inventory is not illegitimate. They have the luxury of time and cross-referencing in this market, the customer today, does not without purchasing and putting themselves first at risk of initial loss. However, because no specific mandate is in place for mitigative effect of this, sellers bear little to no responsibility to only provide information regarding hardware or any particular service.

On another note, suggesting EVGA is working with law enforcement to catch the criminals, and that people should bring their cards they waited over a year for and bought likely at 2 - 3x MSRP at a massive loss for the sake of 'morality', with NO guarantee of receiving the hardware or your money back, jumping through multiple hoops on your own to secure all evidence, create a paper trail and having to rely on your own sources (Paypal, ebay, CC, etc.) protection policies to reimburse you fully and timely is laughable.

If we assume the customer buys from a well-reputed source, to those registering the product in the first place, it would be equally implied they were registering under the belief they thought were legit or used products.

With the loss of time, resources, money, and to a point sanity - even if all steps are taken fully and proactively, ultimately the thief has attained the advantage (effectively 'gotten away'), and its easy to see where the "victim loss" argument comes from and the ends of validity following its premise.

> Users are arguing for the sake of arguing

Saying users are arguing for the sheer sake of arguing is just conflating complaining with the responsibility of needed corrections. This very much is an issue at large, and overtly directing punishment to a (innocent) victim is not an uncommon practice.

> Making a lot of assumptions.

Assumptions are being made regarding correspondence from EVGA, Police and your providing financial institution that everything will work out as you see it on paper. In many cases it does not.

If you get a card that, for whatever reason, cannot be registered, with how hostile EVGA is being, your best bet is keeping your mouth shut until they contact you based on the failed serial registration, assuming they ever do, then cooperate from there with EVGA and your local authorities respectively.

EVGA gets docked here due to their approach – Potential buyers are now placed in legal and moral conundrum further than before and some may be (in instance) forced to pay a criminal a ransom to return the company’s stolen property back.

Another assumption was made you can simply sue the seller or initiate a chargeback if all else fails.

Chargebacks will often get you blacklisted from websites (Amazon in particular) and have your account at fault even if your case is valid. Suing the seller is also a long process and at times and full reimbursement is not always guaranteed. You can’t get blood from a stone.

No matter what, the buyer falls into a cycle leading to some negative outcome, whether its money, time, or your own registered accounts to be taken away.

> "It is an offense to knowingly buy or receive stolen property."

Much of the argument in this thread falls apart halfway in at "Knowingly" (to which is attributive toward caveat emptor). While the term is valid, it is being manipulated to remove responsibility of the seller and place burden on the buyer. While we established the seller does not legally have to provide the information, that does not absolve them of responsibility nor put them at any less fault for hosting illegal activities.

Otherwise, this tactic comes off as a means of just fear mongering on EVGA's part, a very poor show. A better alternative would have been to try and enlist the aid of the community at large instead of highlighting receiving the hardware in question potentially makes you a hardened criminal, and that every buyer victim of this is solely at fault.

Panic and uncertainty surging as a result of this post should not be of any surprise nor allude to targeting users as “suspects”.
post edited by GreyWolf-X - 2021/11/04 05:18:20
Bheleu
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 04:54:13 (permalink)
Does this also apply to the Five and Ten year warranties on the cards, or just to the original Three years? - Thank you!
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:03:08 (permalink)
Bheleu
Does this also apply to the Five and Ten year warranties on the cards, or just to the original Three years? - Thank you!

Not sure I fully understand that question, but I think i can answer.

To get an extended warranty, the card must be registered by the original owner, with proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. You would not be able to get a 5 or 10 year warranty on a stolen product, as there would be no 3 year warranty, as it will not come from an authorized retailer.

As such, any product purchased on eBay, unless purchased from the very few authorized eBay store, would be considered second hand and would not be able to receive an extended warranty. That applies to purchasing from any unauthorized source, whether it be eBay, Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, or any source that is not receiving product from an authorized distributor, retailer/e-tailer, or system integrator with the correct suffix.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/11/04 05:10:22
Bheleu
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:19:40 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Bheleu

To get an extended warranty, the card must be registered by the original owner, with proof of purchase from an authorized retailer. You would not be able to get a 5 or 10 year warranty on a stolen product, as there would be no 3 year warranty, as it will not come from an authorized retailer.

As such, any product purchased on eBay, unless purchased from the very few authorized eBay store, would be considered second hand and would not be able to receive an extended warranty. That applies to purchasing from any unauthorized source, whether it be eBay, Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, or any source that is not receiving product from an authorized distributor, retailer/e-tailer, or system integrator with the correct suffix.

No I am not asking about the stolen product scenario, why would you warranty a stolen product for 3 years?
I am asking if the 5 and 10 year warranty also transfers like the 3 year warranty on non stolen products.
supadupapan
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:26:26 (permalink)
It counts as a felony because the total cumulative theft is over $950. It isn't a "per instance" sort of thing and multiple charges can be brought for it to become a felony. If it is a theft by one person, but multiple thefts are committed or the absolute total (not per item) is over $950 then it's a felony.

And just because it's a misdemeanor doesn't mean they don't get in trouble for it if it is under $950 if found guilty. It just means that they can see only up to 6 months of jail time maximum and their fine is only up to $1k.
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:28:46 (permalink)
Bheleu
No I am not asking about the stolen product scenario, why would you warranty a stolen product for 3 years?
I am asking if the 5 and 10 year warranty also transfers like the 3 year warranty on non stolen products.

If you purchase the Extended Warranty, it does not transfer if you sell/give your card to someone else:  https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/.
post edited by Flint 1760 - 2021/11/04 05:31:02

LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:46:48 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Bheleu

I bought a card (EVGA 2070) from a person who had bought it from Amazon and I declared it normally in my own name regardless of whether the receipt was not in my name.
I do not consider it right if I buy a card and because I found a better one or for some other reason I sell my own the buyer of the card has a reduced warranty, the warranty follows the product.

There is no reason to buy something from EVGA again.

Greek souvlaki

I do not know English I translate with Google .... Sorry.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 05:53:46 (permalink)
The standard warranty follows the product. An extended warranty expires when the product is sold. It is fraud to try to transfer an extended warranty across a sale.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

mattstec
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 06:09:41 (permalink)
Publish a list of stolen serial #s so people know which ones to not buy and can report that seller.
LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 06:15:45 (permalink)
ty_ger07
The standard warranty follows the product. An extended warranty expires when the product is sold. It is fraud to try to transfer an extended warranty across a sale.

It is wrong and the warranty extension must follow the product.
Here in Greece many stores give an extension of warranty that the next owner can use it normally.

When someone sends a card to EVGA, EVGA should look at the serial number basis if the card has a normal warranty or an extension warranty and not who sent the card for repair.
Let's not forget that many people give gifts to other people, a gift could be a graphics card.

Greek souvlaki

LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 06:19:27 (permalink)
mattstec
Publish a list of stolen serial #s so people know which ones to not buy and can report that seller.

The seller who knows that he is selling a stolen card will not give you a serial number will tell you that it was sold and will look for his next victim.

Greek souvlaki

snoopy3525
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 07:04:12 (permalink)
You probably wont find these cards on eBay, or any forms of auction sites which are traceable, but if you do... eBay does not take lightly the sale of stolen goods that can be proven stolen.

Common example is sale of a "stolen" ISP cable modem or router.  I've seen stories where buyer purchases a used Verizon router on eBay, attaches it to his Verizon account only to find out a rental charge for this specific gets tacked on.   This means the router the buyer purchased was previously never returned to Verizon or never paid off, and is Verizons property.  Buyer proved this... not only got a Refund, but seller got banned, buyer got to keep the product (who had to return it to Verizon anyway otherwise he's stuck with the rental charge, but that's a moot point).

Now, finding out you purchased a stolen video card after the fact on eBay or other auction sites probably won't have much different of an outcome as I stated above.  The seller of the stolen video card loses in the end, IF the buyer takes the correct steps.

The question is what happens after the dust settles. Potentially, the buyer now has a stolen card in their hand *and* has received their money back.   Ethically speaking, can buyer return the card to EVGA? There doesn't seem to be a process at this point. 

Everything I said above is all hypothetical.  Situations will vary on a case by case basis. 

If you find my responses helpful, please use my Associate Code at checkout for up to 10% off: ZU7H89QLRYSCZL7

Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 07:17:52 (permalink)
LLLEFTERIS
Here in Greece many stores give an extension of warranty that the next owner can use it normally.

When someone sends a card to EVGA, EVGA should look at the serial number basis if the card has a normal warranty or an extension warranty and not who sent the card for repair.

EVGA Extended Warranty does NOT transfer with the card:  "All Extended Warranty purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable." (https://eu.evga.com/warranty/extended/)

txfeinbergs
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 07:42:17 (permalink)
Ebay actually does a pretty good job of protecting customers. If the product was not as "advertised", you can almost always get your money back. Pretty sure "stolen" won't be in the product description.
post edited by txfeinbergs - 2021/11/04 07:43:21
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 07:51:33 (permalink)
LLLEFTERIS
ty_ger07

Let's not forget that many people give gifts to other people, a gift could be a graphics card.

Too bad for you, but that isn't the case.
If you send a card in which you think has an extended warranty, after the normal warranty is expired, and then EVGA rejects it and sends it back broken, you will be sorry about the shipping expense wasted.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 07:59:14 (permalink)
non-transferable to other product or to other person who bought second hand the product?

Maybe it say we can not transfer it to another product?

Greek souvlaki

uprootedseeker2
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:06:51 (permalink)
If someone buys one of those cards secondhand and has no idea it was stolen I don't think it's right to punish them by not servicing or supporting the card.
"
With how expensive these cards are.. odds are they won't have the money to essential pay double price for the card via buying a 2nd legit card at MSRP or higher and then ethically NOT selling the 1st card to get their money back so they're out of double the money to make it right in your eyes.
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:07:32 (permalink)
GreyWolf-X
...snip

That's a whole lot of words to say that purchasing a stolen card is bad for the buyer.  

uprootedseeker2
If someone buys one of those cards secondhand and has no idea it was stolen I don't think it's right to punish them by not servicing or supporting the card.

With how expensive these cards are.. odds are they won't have the money to essential pay double price for the card via buying a 2nd legit card at MSRP or higher and then ethically NOT selling the 1st card to get their money back so they're out of double the money to make it right in your eyes.

Selling the card once you know it is stolen is a crime.  Ethically it's wrong, yes.  But it's also illegal.  
You can follow the law and seek to regain your money using the legal recourses available to you, or you can commit a crime and create yet another victim.  

post edited by nomoss - 2021/11/04 08:12:14

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:11:06 (permalink)
Flint 1760
LLLEFTERIS

EVGA Extended Warranty does NOT transfer with the card:  "All Extended Warranty purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable." (https://eu.evga.com/warranty/extended/)

It would seem that the US and EU extended warranty conditions differ as the US version does not state that it is non-transferable, only that it is non-refundable.

Reference:
https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:13:43 (permalink)
If it is as you say then I will never get a warranty extension from EVGA because I never keep anything for more than two or three years I upgrade to new series and sell my used ones.

Greek souvlaki

Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:19:29 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
It would seem that the US and EU extended warranty conditions differ as the US version does not state that it is non-transferable, only that it is non-refundable.
Reference:
https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

No, they are exactly the same: https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/.

ki11in
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:41:01 (permalink)
These will likley never see the light outside a mining warehouse. Id be surprised if they where put on the market, too risky. 

Ps. 5 3080 gpu bounty for a arrest for the memes 
post edited by ki11in - 2021/11/04 08:46:52
TheOtherAirForce
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 08:41:42 (permalink)
This feels like victim blaming on behalf of EVGA. If I buy a stolen card and I don't know it's stolen, that makes me a victim too! Buying second hand or even 'new' from any site these days is not unheard of given the short supply of these cards. I've been trying since May to buy any RTX 3060. The closest I've gotten is walking into a store only to have the card sold 10 minutes before I got there (no phone holds!). If I pay regular price or more online for a card, how am I suppose to know it's stolen? Now that EVGA knows these cards have been stolen, they should either publish the serial numbers or make a page available where serial numbers can be entered to see if they are valid. That way I can ask an eBay seller to send me a picture of the serial number and I can check to see if it is stolen. Problem solved. With the low supply, these cards could also end up on the shelf of a local computer store, they aren't always the most reputable.

Possession of a stolen good is only illegal (at least in Canada) if I am in possession of it KNOWINGLY. A reasonable person would have to have reason to believe the card is stolen. No one is paying below market value for these cards. No one is going to know these cards are stolen. The scalpers are making sure of that with there inflated prices. Even sites like Newegg are allowing scalpers to sell at inflated prices.

EVGA is certainly alienating me as a customer, just reading through these forums have made me think twice. I guess that's my fault, too?

What a crappy post to read this morning, being scolded and warned that possession of stolen property is illegal. Thanks for the legal advice, not like anyone here would know they purchased a stolen card anyway.
LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:07:21 (permalink)
TheOtherAirForce
This feels like victim blaming on behalf of EVGA. If I buy a stolen card and I don't know it's stolen, that makes me a victim too! Buying second hand or even 'new' from any site these days is not unheard of given the short supply of these cards. I've been trying since May to buy any RTX 3060. The closest I've gotten is walking into a store only to have the card sold 10 minutes before I got there (no phone holds!). If I pay regular price or more online for a card, how am I suppose to know it's stolen? Now that EVGA knows these cards have been stolen, they should either publish the serial numbers or make a page available where serial numbers can be entered to see if they are valid. That way I can ask an eBay seller to send me a picture of the serial number and I can check to see if it is stolen. Problem solved. With the low supply, these cards could also end up on the shelf of a local computer store, they aren't always the most reputable.

Possession of a stolen good is only illegal (at least in Canada) if I am in possession of it KNOWINGLY. A reasonable person would have to have reason to believe the card is stolen. No one is paying below market value for these cards. No one is going to know these cards are stolen. The scalpers are making sure of that with there inflated prices. Even sites like Newegg are allowing scalpers to sell at inflated prices.

EVGA is certainly alienating me as a customer, just reading through these forums have made me think twice. I guess that's my fault, too?

What a crappy post to read this morning, being scolded and warned that possession of stolen property is illegal. Thanks for the legal advice, not like anyone here would know they purchased a stolen card anyway.

No salesperson who knows he is selling a stolen product will give you a serial number

Greek souvlaki

TRM4PCK
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:09:07 (permalink)
Wow I just read this post and I hope the persons involved get the max time. Just like some other real gamers I've been on the queue since early march and just like others I will not pay scalper prices. I still have the 1660 twin fan that was purchased earlier this year because of the gpu shortage. 
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:13:47 (permalink)
TheOtherAirForce
… or make a page available where serial numbers can be entered to see if they are valid…

https://www.evga.com/warranty/check.asp

You just enter a serial number. EVGA has no personally identifiable info on you if you are logged out and use a vpn (for all the tin hatters out there).

If a seller doesn’t give you a SN, don’t buy it. Easy.

Sometimes a stern warning is needed to draw attention to important messages. The fact that this thread is getting so much attention and strong response tells me that their mission is accomplished.

Buy safe out there… and good luck on your hunt.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 244
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:14:36 (permalink)
EVGA is one of the few graphics card companies that provides warranties for products that are not purchased from an "authorized reseller".

You can even get warranty on items purchased *used*...from random people.

Expecting them to cover stuff that was STOLEN seems like some seriously entitled BS.

They have every right to blacklist stolen products. Heck they have every right to use restrictive warranty policies like their competitors, but they don't. They *already* offer the best warranty terms that I know of....now.

Expecting them to do even more and cover stolen stuff is a bridge too far. WAY too far.
post edited by z1nonly - 2021/11/04 09:15:50
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:31:08 (permalink)
Regarding transferable warranty, there is one very important part that you've all overlooked: 

"The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the Product's original date of shipment from an EVGA online store, EVGA's official eBay store, or EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store [....]"

If a product is stolen before it is sold by EVGA directly through our online stores (including sales to our channel partners), there is no date of shipment, which means there is no beginning date to the warranty period for a product.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile