EVGA

Helpful ReplyNotice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 6 of 9
Author
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:31:08 (permalink)
Regarding transferable warranty, there is one very important part that you've all overlooked: 

"The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the Product's original date of shipment from an EVGA online store, EVGA's official eBay store, or EVGA's official Amazon Marketplace store [....]"

If a product is stolen before it is sold by EVGA directly through our online stores (including sales to our channel partners), there is no date of shipment, which means there is no beginning date to the warranty period for a product.
philipma1957
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 593
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:34:01 (permalink)
So a 40 foot by 8 foot trailer can be 

4 pallets if the pallets are a 4 foot cube.

x 10 = 40 pallets with around 60 cards  is 240 cards as a guess.

These are not for sale these are going to a mine. A quasi inside job .

Not evga the trucking company.

I grew up n NYC hijacking trucks are common place but most of the time they higjack a truck filled with energizer batteries.

No serial numbers and sell them to bodegas (mom&pop store)

Unloading marked cards with serial numbers is stupid… So I guess someone is running these in a mine.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/11/04 09:47:26
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:40:14 (permalink)
TheOtherAirForce
This feels like victim blaming on behalf of EVGA. If I buy a stolen car and I don't know it's stolen, that makes me a victim too! Buying second hand or even 'new' from any individual these days is not unheard of given the short supply of these cards. I've been trying since May to buy any Shelby GT350. The closest I've gotten is walking into a store only to have the car sold 10 minutes before I got there (no phone holds!). If I pay regular price or more online for a car, how am I suppose to know it's stolen? Now that Ford/Shelby knows these cars have been stolen, they should either publish the serial numbers or make a page available where serial numbers can be entered to see if they are valid. That way I can ask an eBay seller to send me a picture of the VIN and I can check to see if it is stolen. Problem solved. With the low supply, these cars could also end up on the shelf of a local dealership, they aren't always the most reputable.

Possession of a stolen good is only illegal (at least in Canada) if I am in possession of it KNOWINGLY. A reasonable person would have to have reason to believe the car is stolen. No one is paying below market value for these cars. No one is going to know these cars are stolen. The scalpers are making sure of that with there inflated prices. Even sites like Shelby.com are allowing scalpers to sell at inflated prices.

Ford is certainly alienating me as a customer, just reading through these forums have made me think twice. I guess that's my fault, too?

What a crappy post to read this morning, being scolded and warned that possession of stolen property is illegal. Thanks for the legal advice, not like anyone here would know they purchased a stolen card anyway.

I have gone through and changed every reference to a GPU into a reference for a Shelby GT350. WHY would I do that, because if a car is stolen, you would have access to the VIN, once you got the car, and wouldn’t be able to register it because it was stolen.

You may be able to find someone that sends you the VIN, but it is incredibly unlikely that the seller would give you any information prior to sale if they know it is stolen.

If you know the vehicle is stolen, or find out when you go to register it, you would contact the police and the agency you used to purchase the vehicle to first report the stolen vehicle, and then provide proof to your banking institute that you were scammed.

Think of the big picture. Ford doesn’t send out a memo that the vin was stolen to every perspective buyer, even though people would want to know. This is exactly the same. You can change any part of this post I to any other product, and the result is the same. Refrigerator you bought from someone and you try to warranty it, but find it was stolen from a lowes shipping truck, the manufacturer won’t warranty a stolen product and you would need to contact police once you found out so that you can try to recover your funds and buy a legitimate product from an authorized retailer. It all applies.

You aren’t being shamed for being scammed, but if you find that you were scammed, you have to do the right thing or silently eat the loss..
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:41:28 (permalink)
philipma1957
…So I guess someone is running these in a mine.

If your guess is correct, then I would expect that these would eventually find their way into the second-hand market once the miner is ready to upgrade. So this wouldn't be discovered until a ways into the future and some unsuspecting buyer seeking warranty or parts will get a nasty surprise.
post edited by staypuft - 2021/11/04 15:28:06

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
Halter2000
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:42:20 (permalink)
Damn br0 this really sucks. I hope you can get your GPU
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:49:44 (permalink)
Flint 1760
ObscureEmpyre
It would seem that the US and EU extended warranty conditions differ as the US version does not state that it is non-transferable, only that it is non-refundable.
Reference:
https://www.evga.com/support/warranty/extended.asp

No, they are exactly the same: https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/.

Click my link and read it. Looks like EVGA’s got more than one extended warranty info page. That needs to be changed.

EVGA_Lee
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 09:55:49 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre
Flint 1760
ObscureEmpyre
It would seem that the US and EU extended warranty conditions differ as the US version does not state that it is non-transferable, only that it is non-refundable.
Reference:

Click my link and read it. Looks like EVGA’s got more than one extended warranty info page. That needs to be changed.

This is a legacy page that should no longer show on our website.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:01:43 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
ObscureEmpyre
Flint 1760
ObscureEmpyre
Reference:

This is a legacy page that should no longer show on our website.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Which link is legacy? I assume the link that ObscureEmpyre listed?

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

EVGA_Lee
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:03:43 (permalink)
mech9t5

Which link is legacy? I assume the link that ObscureEmpyre listed?

Yes.  The one that contains "support" in the URL.
thingol
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:08:22 (permalink)
Well, tell NVIDIA to create a bug in the next release of RTX drivers so that, if the device SN matches an entry within an encrypted blacklist, it just drops the LHC to 0. Or tell Microsoft to do the very same but just cast the infamous error 42. Once the GPUs is recovered, the blacklist is updated in the next release. 

Wait, neither MS nor NVIDIA seem interested? Do it from X-Precision. With an auto-report to EVGA headquarters.
post edited by thingol - 2021/11/04 10:11:24

SFFPC Recommendations: 450GM550GM650GM750GM850GM
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:10:06 (permalink)
LLLEFTERIS
non-transferable to other product or to other person who bought second hand the product?

Maybe it say we can not transfer it to another product?

This EVGA extended warranty is not transferrable to another product model and not transferable to another person. It only applies to that product (or its RMA replacement) and that person. As soon as the product is sold to another person, the extended warranty is void. The warranty which then applies is the standard transferrable warranty.

The only way an extended warranty can be transferred after the product is sold, is to lie to EVGA and pretend to be the original owner. That is classified as fraud.

Edit: I know this is off topic because it doesn't apply to a stolen card. Just trying to clear some misinformation up. A stolen product has no warranty. Not a standard warranty. Not a transferrable warranty.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/11/04 12:42:07

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:16:12 (permalink)

I'm blind.  Thanks for the correction Scarlet

post edited by nomoss - 2021/11/04 10:22:55

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 10:21:15 (permalink)
nomoss

From https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

"Optional Programs

EVGA offers optional programs to Original Purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from an Authorized Reseller including the EVGA Extended Warranty Program and the EVGA Step-up Program. Please note that if an EVGA Extended Warranty is purchased on a Product, it/they will not transfer to a second owner.
To view more information on these programs and to see if your product qualifies, please visit the program's page to view the terms and conditions for that program.Lee, the Extended warranty page should also state that the extended warranty is non-transferrable.  It currently does not state that on that page.  Maybe this would clear up any confusion.

The extended warranty page does state that. The link you provided states:

All Extended Warranty purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
yaymz
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 12:44:53 (permalink)
aka_STEVE_b

you just know these are probably on EBAY already......

I read a news report that thieves are targeting all the containers still sitting at the Ports also.... full of goods waiting to be trucked out to stores.

Yea I agree here, Smells like an inside job and my eyes would be looking at the ports, shipper (scheduler) or trucking company.  I'm assuming the cargo ship was rerouted from LA to the Oakland/SF port, to be trucked down to LA (assuming EVGA's distro center is in Brea?).

Someone with advanced knowledge of this must be in on it.

Broad assumption: If this was a 40' container (nobody in their right mind is shipping mini's right now), 16 pallets, 100 cards per pallet, median retail price = $1250 per card = $2 million dollar retail value. 

I don't think it will be totally easy to to offload these.  So frustrating (this hurts the entire community EVGA down to consumer) and I hope they catch the scum that did this. 

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
mobo: Asus z690 Apex
ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
case: Lian-li o11d xl
monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
Staylor343
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 12:57:30 (permalink)
I think I found a bunch. Look at all these cards this person has in their marketplace profile for sale
veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 13:37:30 (permalink)
philipma1957
So a 40 foot by 8 foot trailer can be 

4 pallets if the pallets are a 4 foot cube.

x 10 = 40 pallets with around 60 cards  is 240 cards as a guess.

These are not for sale these are going to a mine. A quasi inside job .

Not evga the trucking company.

I grew up n NYC hijacking trucks are common place but most of the time they higjack a truck filled with energizer batteries.

No serial numbers and sell them to bodegas (mom&pop store)

Unloading marked cards with serial numbers is stupid… So I guess someone is running these in a mine.

Truck rip-offs  are a growing problem with more and more online shopping. Small good are often sold to bodegas and others who want in on the deals.

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
telehog
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 413
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 13:41:42 (permalink)
rjohnson11
If this truck was targeted then someone knew what was inside the vehicle. 

Most the time on truck or trailer Hijacking > Its a inside job somebody tip someone off what was on that truck or trailer of high value .
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 15:07:49 (permalink)
@philipma1957 you lost a zero while you were typing.  It would be 2,400 cards.

This problem is an increasingly common occurance.  Rail cars, trucks, storage centers, etc., are all having problems.

Serror
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 18:24:59 (permalink)
Is there any information on how long this will push back the queue? I've been in for nearly a year so this hurts.
TheOtherAirForce
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 20:50:54 (permalink)

I have gone through and changed every reference to a GPU into a reference for a Shelby GT350. WHY would I do that, because if a car is stolen, you would have access to the VIN, once you got the car, and wouldn’t be able to register it because it was stolen.

You may be able to find someone that sends you the VIN, but it is incredibly unlikely that the seller would give you any information prior to sale if they know it is stolen.

If you know the vehicle is stolen, or find out when you go to register it, you would contact the police and the agency you used to purchase the vehicle to first report the stolen vehicle, and then provide proof to your banking institute that you were scammed.

Think of the big picture. Ford doesn’t send out a memo that the vin was stolen to every perspective buyer, even though people would want to know. This is exactly the same. You can change any part of this post I to any other product, and the result is the same. Refrigerator you bought from someone and you try to warranty it, but find it was stolen from a lowes shipping truck, the manufacturer won’t warranty a stolen product and you would need to contact police once you found out so that you can try to recover your funds and buy a legitimate product from an authorized retailer. It all applies.

You aren’t being shamed for being scammed, but if you find that you were scammed, you have to do the right thing or silently eat the loss..

That's a strawman. Ford doesn't keep track of their cars when they send them out to dealers and most times they don't know they're gone. I wouldn't buy an unregistered car in the first place, can't register them in my province and I need legitimate traceable paperwork at the time of sale to do so. So, the government takes care of that for me. I also have to physically take possession of a car from someone and I can check the VIN against the one they sent to me that I can check during the physical pickup. If they refused to send it before hand, no purchase because it's probably stolen. So this strawman is completely pointless, as I guess they all are. You can race to the bottom and be a car dealer or you can help your customers when you know a batch of serial numbers are out there waiting to rip off potential customers.

At any rate, EVGA clearly knows the batch of serial numbers that was stolen, so instead of being the morality police and warning us about the scary FBI if we traffic in stolen goods, list the serial numbers so some customers have half a chance of avoiding this in the first place. As I said, no one is going to get these cards at a discount. They're going to be sold at inflated price and people are going to think they are legit.

I wouldn't expect EVGA to warranty a stolen product but even if we do the right thing, we're eating the loss one way or another. EVGA can mitigate that and it would be good customer service, that's all.
TheOtherAirForce
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 20:58:56 (permalink)
LLLEFTERIS

No salesperson who knows he is selling a stolen product will give you a serial number

Then I move on to the next buyer. Unfortunately, the person might move on to the next victum, but at least it made it harder for the seller to make the sale. Maybe he gets caught before he gets the chance to get another victom. Who knows? But at least, it helps someone.
jaredbyoung
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 21:43:27 (permalink)
Serror
Is there any information on how long this will push back the queue? I've been in for nearly a year so this hurts.

I'm 99.9% convinced my Kingpin card was on that truck. 
LLLEFTERIS
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 22:35:31 (permalink)
They stole a truck with cards, they did not steal the machines that make the cards

There is no reason to buy something from EVGA again.

Greek souvlaki

I do not know English I translate with Google .... Sorry.

eckorichg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 23:47:10 (permalink)
TheOtherAirForce

That's a strawman. Ford doesn't keep track of their cars when they send them out to dealers and most times they don't know they're gone. I wouldn't buy an unregistered car in the first place, can't register them in my province and I need legitimate traceable paperwork at the time of sale to do so. So, the government takes care of that for me. I also have to physically take possession of a car from someone and I can check the VIN against the one they sent to me that I can check during the physical pickup. If they refused to send it before hand, no purchase because it's probably stolen. So this strawman is completely pointless, as I guess they all are. You can race to the bottom and be a car dealer or you can help your customers when you know a batch of serial numbers are out there waiting to rip off potential customers.

At any rate, EVGA clearly knows the batch of serial numbers that was stolen, so instead of being the morality police and warning us about the scary FBI if we traffic in stolen goods, list the serial numbers so some customers have half a chance of avoiding this in the first place. As I said, no one is going to get these cards at a discount. They're going to be sold at inflated price and people are going to think they are legit.

I wouldn't expect EVGA to warranty a stolen product but even if we do the right thing, we're eating the loss one way or another. EVGA can mitigate that and it would be good customer service, that's all.

It makes no difference to check the S/N against a published list or enter into the warranty check web page that EVGA provided. Either way you would need to get the S/N before making the purchase or check it soon as you receive the card. EVGA made it clear that they would not publish the list as they do not want to give the exact information out to the public, such as how many were stolen and what models. They clearly have their reasons for not releasing this information. However, everyone is capable of checking S/N. If a seller refuses to give the S/N then forward their seller page to EVGA. It's that simple...
jaredbyoung
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/04 23:56:54 (permalink)
I'm not going to lie. If I knew the card was one off the stolen truck I'd use that info to get a better price and be done with it. Oh no, I can't pay EVGA extra money for an extended warranty! Oh the horror! How will they inflate their profit margins if I don't pay them extra money for an extended warranty?

Too bad so sad for EVGA. I'd take my perfectly functional card and use it for the next 3-5 years as per usual and then buy a new card. If I had an issue with it, like I was an idiot and decided to play New World I'd be like dang, I shouldn't have done that. I guess I have to buy a new card sooner than I planned. Heck with this bad luck. I'll never get that $800 ever again. My life is quite possibly ruined because I wasn't able to register this card I bought for hundreds of dollars below MSRP and therefore couldn't pay EVGA $65 more for an extended warranty plus $50 for free cross shipping in the 0.7% event that my card is defective.

If anyone reading this is the people who stole the truck, DM me. Wink, wink.
longjohn412
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/05 05:44:18 (permalink)
The problem with honoring the warranty is that no one is going to bother turning in the seller for the stolen product. I have a feeling anything 3070 and above will end up in miner rigs and not on the Consumer market. They might even use them for mining themselves, even an array of 3060's can be profitable if you didn't pay for them.
Here's something I think we can all agree on

The only thing worse than a Scalper is a Thief ..... Well except a Thief that also Scalps his stolen goods
philipma1957
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 593
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/05 06:02:35 (permalink)
Flint 1760
@philipma1957 you lost a zero while you were typing.  It would be 2,400 cards.

This problem is an increasingly common occurance.  Rail cars, trucks, storage centers, etc., are all having problems.

Thank you I was a bit sick yesterday. Feeling better today.

I think these are mining as I type and will never see the light of day. Well Maybe they hit ebay in 3 years time. So no one will bother with checking warranty. This does one thing it effectively ends my ebay purchases of evga 3000 series cards. (note I never purchased one)

Also it would be nice to know what the cards were ie all 3060 and all 3090
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/05 06:40:48 (permalink)
philipma1957
Also it would be nice to know what the cards were ie all 3060 and all 3090

The clue is the pricing in the initial information release: “These graphics cards are in high demand and each has an estimated retail value starting at $329.99 up to $1959.99 MSRP.”

Which would be the 3060 XC Black Gaming to the 3090 FTW3 ULTRA Hydro Copper and who knows what in between.

jdsiller
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/05 06:51:38 (permalink)
There goes my 3090 step up card. 😢. Were there any x570 Dark mobos in the truck? Waiting for that even more. Damn thieves! Sorry to hear this.
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Notice of Stolen EVGA GeForce RTX 30-Series Graphics Cards 2021/11/05 08:02:50 (permalink)
Of course the information release may have been just generic, i.e., lowest priced to one of the highest priced.  It really doesn't matter what SKUs they were as they are gone.

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 6 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile